Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Charactermancer (5e OGL) 1.0 Bug Report Thread

Edited 1530044495
Drespar
Roll20 Team
Hello everyone! We have officially pushed the Charactermancer (5e OGL) to live servers for everyone to enjoy! Requrements:   In order to use the Charactermancer (5e OGL) you must be using the official Roll20 5e OGL sheet in your game. How to find it:   The Charactermancer is available for new characters from the Journal tab, when you click New > Character You can also access the Charactermancer on an existing character from the character sheet settings (cog icon). There is a large button in the bottom of the right column. Running the charactermancer on an existing character will delete the existing character's data Canceling the Charactermancer: To exit the Charactermancer and go to a character sheet, click the red Cancel button at the top right of the Charactermancer and follow the prompt.

Edited 1547595887
Drespar
Roll20 Team
Charactermancer (5e OGL) 1.0 Known Issues (Updated January 15, 2019) The Charactermancer only creates level 1 characters. Available compendiums are the SRD. If purchased, the PHB, Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica, and Xanathar's Guide to Everything are supported. If you have an existing character sheet, running the Charactermancer from the settings tab will not load your existing character sheet data, and will override it when you apply your changes. Note: Except for age, height, weight, skin, eye, and hair color, the Charactermancer won't affect the Bio tab on your character sheet. Additionally, these physical characteristics will be loaded from your character sheet if they already exist. Feats do not validate for pre-requisites. They only add ability score adjustments and add to the feat features to the Features & Traits section. They do not affect other sections of the character sheet (so, for example, a feat that affects your hit points will not be calculated in your hp on the character sheet). Spells from both the PHB and SRD are available, but duplicate spells with non-identical names (such as Tasha's Hideous Laughter and Hideous Laughter) will both appear. These are distinguishable by the 3-letter acronym next to the name. Adjustments to AC from anything other than equipment (such as racial or class features, like the Monk's Unarmed Strike or Unarmored Defense) do not currently populate to the character sheet. Darkvision and Superior Darkvision (drow) both populate on the character sheet. Custom backgrounds do not provide equipment. Custom classes do not provide equipment. Custom subraces and backgrounds allow you to enter a feature, but the data is not transferred to the character sheet. It is possible to take 2 shields as a fighter or paladin. We look forward to seeing many dual-shield-wielding fighters in our games. Javelin doesn't add a separate thrown entry. This will not be changed. When selecting equipment, it isn't clear which selections are being made. Folk Hero and other backgrounds with additional fluff text scroll off the character sheet. Tablet users report problems trying to exit out of Charactermancer. The Android app was updated on Nov 9 2018. The iOS app was updated on Nov 26, 2018. Charactermancer hangs during finalization when custom class/race/subclass/subrace have special characters in their names. PC Attacks and spells don't trigger. (Workaround: In the sheet settings, toggle the Global Modifiers off and on at least twice). Safari users: Can't select multiple proficiencies Criminal Specialty isn't added to the character sheet. The bottom bar for Charactermancer sometimes "floats" above the bottom of the dialog box. Sleight of Hand is not transferred to the character sheet. (noted: Nov 9 2018) Charactermancer Creator does not work well (or often at all) when used in a popped-out sheet. Support for popped-out sheets will be coming. Related to the 5e OGL Character sheet, but frequently reported here: NPC spells: DCs were set to 0. Attack ability scores weren't set. Sometimes cannot be set. This is a set of critical bugs that we are working on. Changing spellcasting ability score does not update the spells Attack and DC. Dragging in higher-level class features was only dropping the level 1 features. This has a temporary fix, in that you cannot drag higher level class features into the character sheet. Global Spell DC modifiers were not being kept, and spellcasting ability scores were incorrect. There are known issues with text editors that you will find over in the Text Editor Bug Report Thread . Thank you everyone for your patience. I know this has been a rough update, but I hope that in the long run, you will love this tool and the changes we've made. Also, we are working on new processes that will reduce these kinds of rough updates in the future, with longer testing cycles and smaller, more frequent updates.
Not sure if it's a bug but none of my players, nor I can roll for our ability stats. The only option available is custom which lets you input them. Not that horrible since we can still roll for stats but I know that it was working on the developmental server last I checked.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, Taylor! On the dev server, we were able to provide the Players Handbook for testing purposes. The PHB includes several methods of ability score generation, including rolling, point buy, and a standard array. However, in the 5th edition SRD (available to everyone for free), there are no instructions for rolling for stats, or generating stats at all (we were surprised, too!) So the only option we can offer in the Charactermancer is to allow you to roll for them outside of the character sheet, and then input them. If you bought the players handbook (now available in the marketplace!) and you still don't have an option to roll for stats, let us know.

Edited 1530050382
First of all, thank you guys and gals at Roll20 for all the new features! :-) Bug #1: I can confirm that after sharing the 5E PHB with my players, they are not able to choose any other options for rolling stats besides custom. Bug #2: My players also don't have any traits, ideals, bonds or flaws to select/roll on when they choose any other background than Acolyte. Again, this is in a game where I have shared the 5E PHB. Other than that, all looks good for now! Edit: I wanted to add that we have all refreshed/restarted our browsers several times and the issue still persists.
What I'm running into isn't a problem pertaining to the Charactermancer but another update that came out along side it. All of the Tables I had in Handouts were removed but that's not the main issue. When I attempt to use the new text editor and insert a new table into the handout when it saves the table isn't saved.  I'm going to attempt testing the table in the forms to see if it works on this post it will be below if it shows up.
Made a character sheet and charactermancer came up. I canceled, made the sheet an NPC and did my changes. Now everytime I open that NPC, the charactermancer screen comes on. I don't believe I created game on DEV server and I want to be able to make NPC without having to chance and then close charactermancer everytime I open the NPC character. How do I turn it off on a) the game and b) on the NPC sheet I made?

Edited 1530051386
Issue with this tool - you cannot set options to roll to GM before rolling for background stuff.  Even if the defaults set to query there is no query, although this is set once you cancel. Also on clicking cancel I just got the message come up underneath the top of the char sheet...so had to remember which button was which as the line went right through them!
Hi there, I've been using my android tablet to access my character sheet, it's an SRD5 character sheet provided by my DM. I don't have pro or anything like that, but whenever I try to access my character sheet on my Tablet it asks me if I want to discard and exit, save and exit, or continue Charactermancer. I didn't know charactermancer was a thing until 20 minutes ago. I hit cancel (after managing to find it) and it asks me to fill out the required fields. Discard and exit, and save and exit both ask me to fill in the required fields, and Continue Charactermancer freezes the app. I haven't had this pop up at all on Roll20 in my web browser. I play on Firefox.
Hoot Games said: Made a character sheet and charactermancer came up. I canceled, made the sheet an NPC and did my changes. Now everytime I open that NPC, the charactermancer screen comes on. I don't believe I created game on DEV server and I want to be able to make NPC without having to chance and then close charactermancer everytime I open the NPC character. How do I turn it off on a) the game and b) on the NPC sheet I made? There are three options when you cancel, choosing the first stops this for me at least.  This extra 'work' will doubtless outweigh any savings the charactermancer will save for most GMs. :(
I am not a huge fan of the formatting, but I enjoy the concept behind it.
Kaen O. said: What I'm running into isn't a problem pertaining to the Charactermancer but another update that came out along side it. All of the Tables I had in Handouts were removed but that's not the main issue. When I attempt to use the new text editor and insert a new table into the handout when it saves the table isn't saved.  I'm going to attempt testing the table in the forms to see if it works on this post it will be below if it shows up. I am also seeing this issue. I have passed it along to the devs to investigate. If you find any other bugs with the text editor, go ahead and create a separate thread. Thank you!
Stephanie B. said: Hi, Taylor! On the dev server, we were able to provide the Players Handbook for testing purposes. The PHB includes several methods of ability score generation, including rolling, point buy, and a standard array. However, in the 5th edition SRD (available to everyone for free), there are no instructions for rolling for stats, or generating stats at all (we were surprised, too!) So the only option we can offer in the Charactermancer is to allow you to roll for them outside of the character sheet, and then input them. If you bought the players handbook (now available in the marketplace!) and you still don't have an option to roll for stats, let us know. Thanks for the speedy response! Didn't realize you had to purchase the PHB ... luckily I was already planning on buying it. Purchased it and the stats are now rollable.
Hoot Games said: Made a character sheet and charactermancer came up. I canceled, made the sheet an NPC and did my changes. Now everytime I open that NPC, the charactermancer screen comes on. I don't believe I created game on DEV server and I want to be able to make NPC without having to chance and then close charactermancer everytime I open the NPC character. How do I turn it off on a) the game and b) on the NPC sheet I made? I have passed this along to the devs! Thank you!
Jim W. said: Issue with this tool - you cannot set options to roll to GM before rolling for background stuff.  Even if the defaults set to query there is no query, although this is set once you cancel. Also on clicking cancel I just got the message come up underneath the top of the char sheet...so had to remember which button was which as the line went right through them! I have passed the first bit along to the devs. For the second, could you provide some information on operating system, browser, etc. Additionally, was there any zoom when this happened?
Hoot Games said: ... How do I turn it off on a) the game ... Yes how do we turn off the Charactermancer?  Please!
Austin said: Hi there, I've been using my android tablet to access my character sheet, it's an SRD5 character sheet provided by my DM. I don't have pro or anything like that, but whenever I try to access my character sheet on my Tablet it asks me if I want to discard and exit, save and exit, or continue Charactermancer. I didn't know charactermancer was a thing until 20 minutes ago. I hit cancel (after managing to find it) and it asks me to fill out the required fields. Discard and exit, and save and exit both ask me to fill in the required fields, and Continue Charactermancer freezes the app. I haven't had this pop up at all on Roll20 in my web browser. I play on Firefox. I have passed this along to the devs to investigate. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Edited 1530053650
Drespar said: Jim W. said: Issue with this tool - you cannot set options to roll to GM before rolling for background stuff.  Even if the defaults set to query there is no query, although this is set once you cancel. Also on clicking cancel I just got the message come up underneath the top of the char sheet...so had to remember which button was which as the line went right through them! I have passed the first bit along to the devs. For the second, could you provide some information on operating system, browser, etc. Additionally, was there any zoom when this happened? Firefox, Windows 10, worked fine and then next one did not, and no zoom.  The difference was, I think, that I checked the rolls that were made, scrolling down to see them.... OOPS: Posted the reproduction process and screenshot in the text issues thread!

Edited 1530053563
also is it a bug that it is so very slow updating the sheet at the end?  If that cannot be fixed then I imagine this will be the fastest way to put new players off of the game.
Jim W. said: Hoot Games said: Made a character sheet and charactermancer came up. I canceled, made the sheet an NPC and did my changes. Now everytime I open that NPC, the charactermancer screen comes on. I don't believe I created game on DEV server and I want to be able to make NPC without having to chance and then close charactermancer everytime I open the NPC character. How do I turn it off on a) the game and b) on the NPC sheet I made? There are three options when you cancel, choosing the first stops this for me at least.  This extra 'work' will doubtless outweigh any savings the charactermancer will save for most GMs. :( weird, no it stopped doing it. Either it is repaired or those darn goblins are loose in the machine again.  I'll fiddle with a few sheets tomorrow to see if I can reproduce.
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
When you select a custom class, you are taken to a new screen asking for your ability score increases. Intelligence is showing up in red as "[intelegence]". I suspect that the typo is preventing the translation file from picking up word correctly for translation. I tried to upload a screen-shot, but the new text editor is giving me problems. I'll go post a bug report over in that thread next!

Edited 1530058297
The charactermancer has completely ruined the ability of the players to use the regular D&D 5e sheets. When we attempt to apply changes, it will not complete and be stuck in "Applying Changes". When we cancel it, it works for the current editing process but immediately goes back to the charactermancer once we exit out of the sheet and does not save any edited areas. The DM has no idea how to turn this off and we are unable to use the regular sheets.
Just tried to use it. Got through the entire process then when I hit "Apply Changes", it gets stuck on: Adding your Subraces Applying change 3 out of 27
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Rob M. said: Just tried to use it. Got through the entire process then when I hit "Apply Changes", it gets stuck on: Adding your Subraces Applying change 3 out of 27 Are you able to provide a browser console log of when you experience this issue?
app.js?1530056835:352 Show Character View Dialog! app.js?1530056835:351 --- RENDER CHARACTIVE VIEW ---- app.js?1530056835:351 Redoing charsheet html Mixed Content: The page at '&lt;URL&gt;' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image '&lt;URL&gt;'. This content should also be served over HTTPS. Mixed Content: The page at '&lt;URL&gt;' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image '&lt;URL&gt;'. This content should also be served over HTTPS. Mixed Content: The page at '&lt;URL&gt;' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image '&lt;URL&gt;'. This content should also be served over HTTPS. Mixed Content: The page at '&lt;URL&gt;' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image '&lt;URL&gt;'. This content should also be served over HTTPS. Mixed Content: The page at '&lt;URL&gt;' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image '&lt;URL&gt;'. This content should also be served over HTTPS. app.js?1530056835:351 84ms to end of html app.js?1530056835:346 89 VM16:4736 5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v2.2 app.js?1530056835:351 Really updating character sheet values app.js?1530056835:351 Setting up repeating sections took until 22ms app.js?1530056835:351 Updating ALL VALUES app.js?1530056835:351 Finding list of dirty attributes took until 23ms app.js?1530056835:351 Querytest took until 24ms app.js?1530056835:351 Attribute cache compliation took until 24ms app.js?1530056835:352 Set values (including auto-calcuating variables) took until 46ms app.js?1530056835:352 Appending to screen took until 94ms app.js?1530056835:352 Took 98ms app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOIRyPQMImRFMKn7_name app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOIRyPQMImRFMKn7_description app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOIRyPQMImRFMKn7_source app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOIRyPQMImRFMKn7_source_type app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOIRyPQMImRFMKn7_options-flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOIRyPQMImRFMKn7_display_flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOIRyPQMImRFMKn8_name app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOIRyPQMImRFMKn8_description app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOIRyPQMImRFMKn8_source app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOIRyPQMImRFMKn8_source_type app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOIRyPQMImRFMKn8_options-flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOIRyPQMImRFMKn8_display_flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO2_name app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO2_description app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO2_source app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO2_source_type app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO2_options-flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO2_display_flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO3_name app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO3_description app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO3_source app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO3_source_type app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO3_options-flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO3_display_flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO4_name app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO4_description app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO4_source app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO4_source_type app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO4_options-flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO4_display_flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO5_name app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO5_description app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO5_source app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO5_source_type app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO5_options-flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_traits_-LFyfOlwQhvYjFHCowO5_display_flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOJwQM3iaidHjEWI_prof_type app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOJwQM3iaidHjEWI_name app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOJwQM3iaidHjEWI_options-flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOJwQM3iaidHjEWJ_prof_type app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOJwQM3iaidHjEWJ_name app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOJwQM3iaidHjEWJ_options-flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOJwQM3iaidHjEWK_prof_type app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOJwQM3iaidHjEWK_name app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOJwQM3iaidHjEWK_options-flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOJwQM3iaidHjEWL_prof_type app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOJwQM3iaidHjEWL_name app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOJwQM3iaidHjEWL_options-flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOJwQM3iaidHjEWM_prof_type app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOJwQM3iaidHjEWM_name app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOJwQM3iaidHjEWM_options-flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOJwQM3iaidHjEWN_prof_type app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOJwQM3iaidHjEWN_name app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOJwQM3iaidHjEWN_options-flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOnvP5dowh47uLoO_prof_type app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOnvP5dowh47uLoO_name app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOnvP5dowh47uLoO_options-flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOnvP5dowh47uLoP_prof_type app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOnvP5dowh47uLoP_name app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOnvP5dowh47uLoP_options-flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOnvP5dowh47uLoQ_prof_type app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOnvP5dowh47uLoQ_name app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOnvP5dowh47uLoQ_options-flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOnvP5dowh47uLoR_prof_type app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOnvP5dowh47uLoR_name app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOnvP5dowh47uLoR_options-flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOnvP5dowh47uLoS_prof_type app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOnvP5dowh47uLoS_name app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOnvP5dowh47uLoS_options-flag app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOnvP5dowh47uLoT_prof_type app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOnvP5dowh47uLoT_name app.js?1530056835:360 DESTROYING repeating_proficiencies_-LFyfOnvP5dowh47uLoT_options-flag app.js?1530056835:351 Really updating character sheet values app.js?1530056835:351 Setting up repeating sections took until 27ms app.js?1530056835:351 Finding list of dirty attributes took until 54ms app.js?1530056835:351 Querytest took until 60ms app.js?1530056835:351 Attribute cache compliation took until 61ms app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR spellcasting_ability app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR class app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR race app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR subrace app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR speed app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR class_resource app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR class_resource app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR class_resource_name app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR other_resource app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR other_resource app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR other_resource_name app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR size app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR spellcasting_ability app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR class app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR race app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR subrace app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR hitdietype app.js?1530056835:352 Set values (including auto-calcuating variables) took until 69ms app.js?1530056835:352 Took 71ms app.js?1530056835:351 Really updating character sheet values app.js?1530056835:351 Setting up repeating sections took until 7ms app.js?1530056835:351 Finding list of dirty attributes took until 7ms app.js?1530056835:351 Querytest took until 9ms app.js?1530056835:351 Attribute cache compliation took until 9ms app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR race_display app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR race_display app.js?1530056835:352 Set values (including auto-calcuating variables) took until 12ms app.js?1530056835:352 Took 12ms VM16:5007 ADDING ADDITIONAL ITEMS: app.js?1530056835:351 Really updating character sheet values app.js?1530056835:351 Setting up repeating sections took until 8ms app.js?1530056835:351 Finding list of dirty attributes took until 8ms app.js?1530056835:351 Querytest took until 10ms app.js?1530056835:351 Attribute cache compliation took until 11ms app.js?1530056835:352 Set values (including auto-calcuating variables) took until 13ms app.js?1530056835:352 Took 14ms VM16:3921 CHECKING CASTER LEVEL VM16:3921 CHECKING CASTER LEVEL VM16:2903 DOING UPDATE_ATTACKS: all VM16:4047 UPDATING SPELL INFO:&nbsp; VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: athletics VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: acrobatics VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: sleight_of_hand VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: stealth VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: arcana VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: history VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: investigation VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: nature VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: religion VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: animal_handling VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: insight VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: medicine VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: perception VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: survival VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: deception VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: intimidation VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: performance VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: persuasion VM16:2903 DOING UPDATE_ATTACKS: all VM16:4047 UPDATING SPELL INFO:&nbsp; VM16:2903 DOING UPDATE_ATTACKS: spells VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: athletics VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: acrobatics VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: sleight_of_hand VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: stealth VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: arcana VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: history VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: investigation VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: nature VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: religion VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: animal_handling VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: insight VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: medicine VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: perception VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: survival VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: deception VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: intimidation VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: performance VM16:1149 UPDATING SKILL: persuasion VM16:2903 DOING UPDATE_ATTACKS: spells app.js?1530056835:351 Really updating character sheet values app.js?1530056835:351 Setting up repeating sections took until 54ms app.js?1530056835:351 Finding list of dirty attributes took until 79ms app.js?1530056835:351 Querytest took until 91ms app.js?1530056835:351 Attribute cache compliation took until 92ms app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_category app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_name app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_content app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_traits app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_armor_prof app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_hit_die app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_weapon_prof app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_spellcasting_ability app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_class_saving_throws app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_skill_proficiency app.js?1530056835:352 Set values (including auto-calcuating variables) took until 103ms app.js?1530056835:352 Took 104ms VM16:5023 Dropped Classes:Paladin app.js?1530056835:351 Really updating character sheet values app.js?1530056835:351 Setting up repeating sections took until 9ms app.js?1530056835:351 Finding list of dirty attributes took until 10ms app.js?1530056835:351 Querytest took until 11ms app.js?1530056835:351 Attribute cache compliation took until 12ms app.js?1530056835:352 Set values (including auto-calcuating variables) took until 15ms app.js?1530056835:352 Took 15ms app.js?1530056835:351 Really updating character sheet values app.js?1530056835:351 Setting up repeating sections took until 29ms app.js?1530056835:351 Finding list of dirty attributes took until 52ms app.js?1530056835:351 Querytest took until 67ms app.js?1530056835:351 Attribute cache compliation took until 67ms app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_category app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_name app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_content app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_traits app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_speed app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_size app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_weapon_prof app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_language_prof app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_tool_prof app.js?1530056835:352 Set values (including auto-calcuating variables) took until 80ms app.js?1530056835:352 Took 82ms VM16:5023 Dropped Races:Dwarf app.js?1530056835:351 Really updating character sheet values app.js?1530056835:351 Setting up repeating sections took until 10ms app.js?1530056835:351 Finding list of dirty attributes took until 11ms app.js?1530056835:351 Querytest took until 12ms app.js?1530056835:351 Attribute cache compliation took until 12ms app.js?1530056835:352 Set values (including auto-calcuating variables) took until 14ms app.js?1530056835:352 Took 16ms app.js?1530056835:351 Really updating character sheet values app.js?1530056835:351 Setting up repeating sections took until 12ms app.js?1530056835:351 Finding list of dirty attributes took until 12ms app.js?1530056835:351 Querytest took until 14ms app.js?1530056835:351 Attribute cache compliation took until 14ms app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_category app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_name app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_content app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_hp_per_level app.js?1530056835:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_parent app.js?1530056835:352 Set values (including auto-calcuating variables) took until 18ms app.js?1530056835:352 Took 19ms VM16:5023 Dropped Subraces:Hill Dwarf marketplace.roll20.net/browse/compendiumexpansion/5/players-handbook-compendium/:1 OPTIONS <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/compendiumexpansion/5/players-handbook-compendium/" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/compendiumexpansion/5/players-handbook-compendium/</a> 405 () marketplace.roll20.net/browse/compendiumexpansion/5/players-handbook-compendium/:1 OPTIONS <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/compendiumexpansion/5/players-handbook-compendium/" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/compendiumexpansion/5/players-handbook-compendium/</a> 405 () /editor/#:1 Failed to load <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/compendiumexpansion/5/players-handbook-compendium/" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/compendiumexpansion/5/players-handbook-compendium/</a>: Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin '<a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a>' is therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 405.
Frankly, how do I shut it off so I can use standard Character sheets already provided? It's hard to navigate for new players and for old players it not what they are use to. Is there any way to restore it to the standard character sheets like we use to?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Elfen said: Frankly, how do I shut it off so I can use standard Character sheets already provided? It's hard to navigate for new players and for old players it not what they are use to. Is there any way to restore it to the standard character sheets like we use to? Clicking "Cancel" and then "Discard and exit" will permanently exit the Level 1 Charactermancer and not launch it again, unless done so manually.
Hi!&nbsp; One of my players created an entire sheet, but upon entering the review stage it stops on "adding your races applying change 2 out of 29" and remains for hours to no progress. I attempted to create a new sheet and copy down the same thing, and even make changes to his race tab, but ran into the same problem! Help?
Anyone else not even close to wanting/needing the charactermancer stuff for, say, Pathfinder and still having troubles as of today? Anyone with a yes answer, and a pre-existing game - has everything gone to hell? No tables, no hyperlinks working, no ability to edit my games at all!! Please tell me theres a fix!!!!!!!
Matthew G. said: Hi!&nbsp; One of my players created an entire sheet, but upon entering the review stage it stops on "adding your races applying change 2 out of 29" and remains for hours to no progress. I attempted to create a new sheet and copy down the same thing, and even make changes to his race tab, but ran into the same problem! Help? Happened to one of my players as well. A good portion of the character that she made was custom, as house rules allowed what she was doing. I finished helping her make it, only to get stuck on '1 out of 12'. We waited for several minutes, but it never did move. I did exactly what she did, and it did the same thing to me. I then went through and made a character that didn't have anything that was custom, and it went through just fine. I'm wondering if some custom value when making your character is what causes it to freeze. If all else fails, I could use all of the stats and abilities and put it in manually without Charactermancer, but she already has everything ready to go with Charactermancer, so that would be very inconvenient.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks for the reports about the Charactermancer getting stuck at the end-- I've added both of those reports to a ticket for us to look into!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Kirk L. said: Anyone else not even close to wanting/needing the charactermancer stuff for, say, Pathfinder and still having troubles as of today? Anyone with a yes answer, and a pre-existing game - has everything gone to hell? No tables, no hyperlinks working, no ability to edit my games at all!! Please tell me theres a fix!!!!!!! Kirk, Thanks for your report. We know about the editing issues and are working on them.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks everyone for your reports on this. For those who are getting stuck, can you check and see if the issue has been fixed? We rolled out a fix a little bit ago, but we have a hard time re-creating this specific issue.
I just tried it a moment ago and the same issue happened.&nbsp; I got stuck on subraces and it froze.&nbsp;
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thank you. We'll take a deeper look tomorrow morning.&nbsp;
Stephanie B. said: Thank you. We'll take a deeper look tomorrow morning.&nbsp; Problem still remains for me as well. :(
From the last thread as I didn't&nbsp;see it it the&nbsp;known issues list: When I chose a background that gives a skill proficiency that I already have, it does not give me the option to chose another proficiency. Backgrounds, PHB P.125 (proficiencies): "If a character would gain the same proficiency from two different sources, he or she can choose a different proficiency of the same kind (skill or tool) instead."
The only backgrounds I can choose from are Acolyte and Custom. If I choose Custom I get the issue where it hangs on "Adding your Subraces". If I choose Acolyte, it completes the process and my character is created, albeit with the wrong background. I noticed that there is only one background listed in the Compendium also: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Backgrounds%20by%20Name#content" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Backgrounds%20by%20Name#content</a>

Edited 1530100331
Seems like I'm alone with this issue but... whenever I try to create a character with the charactermancer and get to a point where I have to choose more than one skill proficiency I can select the first one and then select the second one but upon clicking on my choice it displays "Choose" and I can't open the drop down menu again. Edit: Okay so after using a different browser (Chrome) I can say that at least this issue only comes up in Safari.

Edited 1530109081
The first character I made in an existing game hung after choosing Human, then Standard Human, meaning I could not click next. I could not click cancel either. I closed the sheet, exited the game, came back and I was able to proceed. When I choose Standard Array for Attribute Scores, the scores don't filter out already chosen values. This worked on the Dev Server, not sure if it's supposed to still work here. So in theory, nothing stops me from choosing 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15. I purchased the PHB FYI Really glad to see that Feat Selection is there, as this wasn't in the Dev version, really great addition! When I initially chose Standard Human and saw that Feats were available, I went back and changed the Human to Variant Human. When I did this, the Ability score bonuses did not reset to 0, and when trying to choose which 2 to increase, all of the abilities are grayed out. It's like it got stuck on the Standard Human bonuses and will not reset. Changing the Race to something other than Human, and returning to Human seems to trigger the appropriate change needed to reset the ability Scores. But it also cleared the scores set in the Ability Score Selection step. Mentioned during Dev testing, if you choose Wooden Shield as part of a Druid's equipment, it does not add the AC bonus. This appears to be adding a Non-PHB / SRD shield entry without the appropriate modifiers. Also mentioned throughout Dev Testing, every proficiency is added as a separate line item. This could be simplified greatly.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Stephanie mentions the rolling for ability scores issue&nbsp; above . Apparently, it's a licensing thing.
keithcurtis said: Stephanie mentions the rolling for ability scores issue&nbsp; above . Apparently, it's a licensing thing. Yes, I own the PHB, this is infact a method allowed by the PHB. Updated the post to denote this.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
John S. said: From the last thread as I didn't&nbsp;see it it the&nbsp;known issues list: When I chose a background that gives a skill proficiency that I already have, it does not give me the option to chose another proficiency. Backgrounds, PHB P.125 (proficiencies): "If a character would gain the same proficiency from two different sources, he or she can choose a different proficiency of the same kind (skill or tool) instead." Thanks for your feedback. I'll add a ticket to revamp backgrounds. You should be prompted in the Review slide to go back and select another proficiency, but we might be able to make backgrounds more flexible.
A few issues with Characters that have bonuses to damage, which uses the new Global Damage Modifier (mentioned in the Dev thread). When I create a Rogue with Sneak Attack, the Global Damage Modifier is added, however, the Type description is not added. This means this description will not be added to the Attack Output in the chat when the attack is rolled. Next if you create a Barbarian who uses the Rage Feature, on Dev, this created a 2[Rage] Attack, instead it is creating a blank Sneak Attack roll instead. So the below image should read 2[Rage] with a Type description of Rage. And also as mentioned in both the Dev thread and the Character Sheet thread, non-rolled values when used alone, like Rage double whenever the roll scores a critical. So for example just using Rage, when I score a crit, does 2+2 damage. In fact on Dev, the single value wouldn't be added if it was combined with a Roll, but it is being doubled every time on Live.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Rob M. said: The only backgrounds I can choose from are Acolyte and Custom. If I choose Custom I get the issue where it hangs on "Adding your Subraces". If I choose Acolyte, it completes the process and my character is created, albeit with the wrong background. I noticed that there is only one background listed in the Compendium also: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Backgrounds%20by%20Name#content" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Backgrounds%20by%20Name#content</a> Thanks for your feedback. Did you purchase the Players Handbook from the Marketplace? Acolyte is the only background option in the SRD, which would be true for both the Charactermancer and compendium. However, if you purchased the PHB and aren't seeing other backgrounds, that would be something we need to investigate. There's a fix for the hanging Charactermancer waiting for QA right now, so hopefully we will get that fixed soon.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Eva R. said: Seems like I'm alone with this issue but... whenever I try to create a character with the charactermancer and get to a point where I have to choose more than one skill proficiency I can select the first one and then select the second one but upon clicking on my choice it displays "Choose" and I can't open the drop down menu again. Edit: Okay so after using a different browser (Chrome) I can say that at least this issue only comes up in Safari. I've added this to the backlog. Thanks!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Jeremy said: The first character I made in an existing game hung after choosing Human, then Standard Human, meaning I could not click next. I could not click cancel either. I closed the sheet, exited the game, came back and I was able to proceed. When I choose Standard Array for Attribute Scores, the scores don't filter out already chosen values. This worked on the Dev Server, not sure if it's supposed to still work here. So in theory, nothing stops me from choosing 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15. I purchased the PHB FYI Really glad to see that Feat Selection is there, as this wasn't in the Dev version, really great addition! When I initially chose Standard Human and saw that Feats were available, I went back and changed the Human to Variant Human. When I did this, the Ability score bonuses did not reset to 0, and when trying to choose which 2 to increase, all of the abilities are grayed out. It's like it got stuck on the Standard Human bonuses and will not reset. Changing the Race to something other than Human, and returning to Human seems to trigger the appropriate change needed to reset the ability Scores. But it also cleared the scores set in the Ability Score Selection step. Mentioned during Dev testing, if you choose Wooden Shield as part of a Druid's equipment, it does not add the AC bonus. This appears to be adding a Non-PHB / SRD shield entry without the appropriate modifiers. Also mentioned throughout Dev Testing, every proficiency is added as a separate line item. This could be simplified greatly. Thanks for your feedback, Jeremy. I'm not sure why your sheet hung the first time; if the problem comes back, please let us know. For the standard array values: Can you reply to this with your browser and OS? We haven't seen that problem before and will need to investigate. Thanks for the kind words-- I agree, feats were a great final-week addition! Again, the ability scores getting stuck like that is unusual, so your browser/OS information will help in troubleshooting. We have the wooden shield in the backlog. It just didn't make it into this update. Most likely, we will change the druid equipment to the standard Shield, since the description for Shield includes that it can be made of wood. We found in polling that the team was 50/50 divided about proficiencies being listed separately or on one line. We may do a more rigorous data dive later to look at how people use the sheets, but I appreciate the vote for single line proficiency lists. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1530113305
Stephanie B. said: Again, the ability scores getting stuck like that is unusual, so your browser/OS information will help in troubleshooting. I am using Chrome&nbsp;Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) One Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit. Also, I'm not sure how to change the formatting of copy pasted text like the above version info copied from Chrome. &lt;- Fixed, thanks!
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks, Jeremy. I was able to recreate the ability score issue, and will add it to our bugs list! Control-Shift-V when pasting will paste as plain text.
None of my PCs in the game I am DMing or my chars in my friends games can cast spells or use weapons. New character I make, can
Orbax said: None of my PCs in the game I am DMing or my chars in my friends games can cast spells or use weapons. New character I make, can From what I have figured out, it seems to only be affecting spells that are on the CORE page. Per normal with these spells, changing the spell's output to SPELLCARD and back fixes the issue. If this is not what you are seeing, are you receiving any error messages?