Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Text Editor Update Bug Report Thread

Edited 1537288580
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Looks like we need a thread for the new text editor update!  Please post here with any bugs or issues you're having with the updated text editor, and we will take a look at them! Thanks for your patience! Known Issues List: (PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING) (Updated September 18, 2018) GM Notes text can break APIs Tall and wide images in forum posts don't wrap properly. Images cannot be aligned or have word wrapping set-- and the preview does not accurately reflect this.  (Partial fix on Aug 14, 2018) Chrome's spellcheck selects the misspelled word Character sheets: fonts appears very small. This is being fixed by character sheet authors individually. See this post for information . Code blocks can nest in odd ways and get the cursor stuck. Copy/pasting attributes from compendium entries aligns them too far to the left. Hotkeys in sub-items do not work correctly. In private messages, the formatting bar blocks the preview. The Add Link dialog box automatically fills in with the text selected, and the "open in new window" checkbox is hidden until checked, and then misaligned. Adding a link with the dialog box automatically adds http:// which is not always desired. Achievement tooltip is showing raw HTML Very large forum posts cannot be edited (this is an old known issue and the new text editor will not fix this.) Images don't always upload to forum posts (this is not a text editor bug, but it is a bug we're aware of). Thank you, everyone for your patience while we gathered bug reports and worked to fix these issues. I know it isn't fun to open your handouts and have them changed without warning. We are working on processes to limit these kinds of difficult releases in the future, including longer testing times, and smaller, more frequent releases to limit overall impact on users. If you are having an issue not in this list, please include your OS and browser information, and be specific about where you are encountering the problem (in the app, on the website, in the forums, etc.)
I don't know if it's related to the new text editor, but the text on my character sheets in my pathfinder game is incredibly small to the point of inconvenience, like we have to squint any time anyone casts a spell or attacks. Is their anyway to fix this via the settings or am I just hosed? 
Dylan said: I don't know if it's related to the new text editor, but the text on my character sheets in my pathfinder game is incredibly small to the point of inconvenience, like we have to squint any time anyone casts a spell or attacks. Is their anyway to fix this via the settings or am I just hosed?  The same thing happened to me. The text on the Community Pathfinder Character sheet and in the chat are tiny.
I cant use my characters sheet anymore there use no template i cant basicmy edit them and even close them plus table looks invisible
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Dylan said: I don't know if it's related to the new text editor, but the text on my character sheets in my pathfinder game is incredibly small to the point of inconvenience, like we have to squint any time anyone casts a spell or attacks. Is their anyway to fix this via the settings or am I just hosed?  Thanks for the report! We have a ticket to work on that issue. In the meantime, there's a related thread with some suggestions for fixing it temporarily here . 
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
moster48 said: I cant use my characters sheet anymore there use no template i cant basicmy edit them and even close them plus table looks invisible Thanks for your report! I'm not sure what you mean by "there use no template." Can you be more specific? For editing and closing errors: We are aware of the errors and are working on those. They are a high priority.
Stephanie B. said: moster48 said: I cant use my characters sheet anymore there use no template i cant basicmy edit them and even close them plus table looks invisible Thanks for your report! I'm not sure what you mean by "there use no template." Can you be more specific? For editing and closing errors: We are aware of the errors and are working on those. They are a high priority. I mean in the game settings (when you are the DM) the character sheet template is set to none (like my void clash game settings)
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
moster48 said: Stephanie B. said: moster48 said: I cant use my characters sheet anymore there use no template i cant basicmy edit them and even close them plus table looks invisible Thanks for your report! I'm not sure what you mean by "there use no template." Can you be more specific? For editing and closing errors: We are aware of the errors and are working on those. They are a high priority. I mean in the game settings (when you are the DM) the character sheet template is set to none (like my void clash game settings) Thank you! That is very helpful information-- we think we have pinned down the cause of this bug, as a result of reports like yours.
Howdy, no idea if this is related to the new text editor, but I suspect it might be. Whenever I open a character or handout sheet, the close and edit buttons won't register my input. My only workaround that I've got at the moment is popping it into it's own window and it seems to work from there.
Hi! The new text editor looks super good but the tables are looking kind of strange on my end. I use firefox and they look like this: Is this on purpose? Also the table editor appears beneath the handout even after I close it.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Fishy_Rishy said: Howdy, no idea if this is related to the new text editor, but I suspect it might be. Whenever I open a character or handout sheet, the close and edit buttons won't register my input. My only workaround that I've got at the moment is popping it into it's own window and it seems to work from there. Thanks for the report. As of about 20 minutes ago, this issue should be fixed. Are you still having this issue?
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
GaaMac said: Hi! The new text editor looks super good but the tables are looking kind of strange on my end. I use firefox and they look like this: Is this on purpose? Also the table editor appears beneath the handout even after I close it. Thanks for the report! We are looking into issues with tables in the text editor. If you can supply your browser, OS, and whether you are zoomed at all, it would be helpful in troubleshooting.    

Edited 1530068080
I have the same issue i ve tried in os windows 10 with google chrome , firefox and opera I also tested in an ubuntu 16.4 computer with firefox and chrome web browser i have the same bug with tables The lines seems to be always hidden but the table exist maybe the lines colors are set to white
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thank you, moster! That's helpful information, and I will pass it on to the devs!        
Stephanie B. said: Thanks for the report! We are looking into issues with tables in the text editor. If you can supply your browser, OS, and whether you are zoomed at all, it would be helpful in troubleshooting.    Sure! I was using Roll20 without zoom either on the browser or on the Roll20 %. I'm running the room on a Firefox and a Windows 10 notebook. I think that's it? Well, Thanks for all the hard work your folks are doing!
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thank you! We think we know what's going on, and will be tackling it with fresh eyes in the morning!
I have the same issue with table frames being invisible but the text still being there. You can still sort of highlight the text-boxes. This is really disheartening if I have to re-do all my tables. It takes will take hours and is very tedious work. I'm using Firefox.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks for your report! We're looking into the tables and will post an update when we know more or have a solution (we have ideas, but everyone is exhausted, so we're going to look at it with fresh eyes in the morning).

Edited 1530069662
All of my handouts, which have tables are screwed up now. The text remains, but is all bunched together, and all the tables are missing. Also, all of my links (I used linked handouts to create my own rule books for players), are no longer pink anymore, signifying that they have been linked. In addition, most of the formatting is missing now.
Stephanie B. said: Fishy_Rishy said: Howdy, no idea if this is related to the new text editor, but I suspect it might be. Whenever I open a character or handout sheet, the close and edit buttons won't register my input. My only workaround that I've got at the moment is popping it into it's own window and it seems to work from there. Thanks for the report. As of about 20 minutes ago, this issue should be fixed. Are you still having this issue? Nope, issue appears to be fixed for myself and my players. Thanks for jumping on this so quickly!
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Marek said: All of my handouts, which have tables are screwed up now. The text remains, but is all bunched together, and all the tables are missing. Also, all of my links (I used linked handouts to create my own rule books for players), are no longer pink anymore, signifying that they have been linked. In addition, most of the formatting is missing now. Thanks for the report, Marek. We know about the table and formatting issues, and are working on a solution.    
Hello, aside from everything looking great there is an issue which affects the tables. The tables on tokens appear invisible once saved and upon re-opening the edit option, the table is gone. Additionally, the tab for the table appears under the token even after it is closed. For someone like me who prefers to use the bio & info tab to track information on tables, this is rather frustrating. Especially when it's used for everything from statistics to equipment tracking. Not sure if there was QA done before the release, but if there was perhaps it should have been more thorough. I'm on Windows, using Chrome. Everything up to date.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks for your feedback. There was QA done before launch, but the environments aren't 100% identical, and the differences are why we're encountering these issues now. Jose L. said: Hello, aside from everything looking great there is an issue which affects the tables. The tables on tokens appear invisible once saved and upon re-opening the edit option, the table is gone. Additionally, the tab for the table appears under the token even after it is closed. For someone like me who prefers to use the bio & info tab to track information on tables, this is rather frustrating. Especially when it's used for everything from statistics to equipment tracking. Not sure if there was QA done before the release, but if there was perhaps it should have been more thorough. I'm on Windows, using Chrome. Everything up to date.
Nice text editor improvements overall. Not sure if these are specifically text-editor related at this point, but in the (campaign) forum I'm a part of: 1. Quoted text is now showing up in a larger font than the normal text. (e.g.,&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5475662/art-thread/?pageforid=6453856#post-6453856" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5475662/art-thread/?pageforid=6453856#post-6453856</a>) 2. Images in (campaign) forum comments are now causing subsequent comments to wrap around the images, rather than break past them. (e.g.,&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5475662/art-thread/?pageforid=6365295#post-6365295" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5475662/art-thread/?pageforid=6365295#post-6365295</a>)
Not entirely sure if this is related, but there appears&nbsp;to be minor a&nbsp;formatting error with regards to&nbsp;the text of achievements, or at least there seems to be on my own profile. Text is something like: &lt;strong&gt;Group Gatherer&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;br /&gt; Played with&nbsp;5 different people on Roll20
I am also having problems with links not being highlighted and when I try to create a new link the url box has no button to accept the link. Also there does not seem to be an option to color the text any more. Will this be added back?

Edited 1530099628
making a new tables will also desappear after saving the note the edit tool for table seems to be appear under the note and cant be deleated making just a table below to see if the forum bug the same or not OS ubuntu 16.4 Web browser Google chrome PS : the tables in the forum seems to work fine

Edited 1530091920
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Possible text editor release related bug from here : Ravenknight &nbsp;said: Hiya, small problem really. But still one that annoys me a lot. Those numbers used to be in the middle. :D
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Forum image overlapping subsequent posts:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6526718/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6526718/</a>
+1 Table issue :-)
PadRpg
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi, We lost the possibility to color the text (and the text's background). +1 for the table issue (no border and the "popup" appears behind the handout) +1 for the link issue (no color and same issue as the table : the "popup" appears behind the handout)
Our table is also suffering because of a major formatting breakdown. I sincerely hope that this can be fixed soon. Futhermore, when this is all over, I personally wish for the Settings Option to change back to the old formatting style. +1
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Raffahell (Rafael C.) said: Our table is also suffering because of a major formatting breakdown. I sincerely hope that this can be fixed soon. Futhermore, when this is all over, I personally wish for the Settings Option to change back to the old formatting style. +1 Can you be more specific about which Settings options?&nbsp;
Stephanie B. said: Raffahell (Rafael C.) said: Our table is also suffering because of a major formatting breakdown. I sincerely hope that this can be fixed soon. Futhermore, when this is all over, I personally wish for the Settings Option to change back to the old formatting style. +1 Can you be more specific about which Settings options?&nbsp; I think its a wish to put a feature tu use the old text api in some games But i wish the text colors feature will be back so +1 for colors the table bug still here
Exactly, I wished for the option to use the old text api. Although a minority, I guess, many DM's go to a great length formatting and color coding their handouts, as I myself have done. Since the font, size, color (and so on) have all changed in some kind (the last timed I looked), I hoped for the possibility to revert back to the old text api, where my handouts where "unharmed". Being forced to re-do all of my handouts and tables will inevitably break my heart after so much effort put in them. However, I do hope that the new text api, after the bugs are ironed out and so on, is compatible with all the handouts and tables already made before it came to existence. If so, then it will spare myself and many other lots of trouble re-doing everything.

Edited 1530104022
This morning I tried to create several tables. Whenever I did and closed the character sheet, the following fragments were left on the desktop. Also, the tables themselves, as in the cell borders all disappear once the character sheet has been closed.
Table formatting in character bios, no text colour option OR highlight option available. Yeah... these are some major bugs. Oh and Charactermancer is unavailable for Palldium Games campaigns so; not really a helpful API.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: Nice text editor improvements overall. Not sure if these are specifically text-editor related at this point, but in the (campaign) forum I'm a part of: 1. Quoted text is now showing up in a larger font than the normal text. (e.g.,&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5475662/art-thread/?pageforid=6453856#post-6453856" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5475662/art-thread/?pageforid=6453856#post-6453856</a> ) 2. Images in (campaign) forum comments are now causing subsequent comments to wrap around the images, rather than break past them. (e.g.,&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5475662/art-thread/?pageforid=6365295#post-6365295" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5475662/art-thread/?pageforid=6365295#post-6365295</a> ) Thanks for your feedback, Dave! I've added these to the backlog.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Patrick F. said: Not entirely sure if this is related, but there appears&nbsp;to be minor a&nbsp;formatting error with regards to&nbsp;the text of achievements, or at least there seems to be on my own profile. Text is something like: &lt;strong&gt;Group Gatherer&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;br /&gt; Played with&nbsp;5 different people on Roll20 Thanks, Patrick! I have added your bug to our list!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Zoran D said: I am also having problems with links not being highlighted and when I try to create a new link the url box has no button to accept the link. Also there does not seem to be an option to color the text any more. Will this be added back? Thanks, Zoran. I'll add the link issues to the bug list.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Just want to make sure this gets tied into the text editor bugs (assuming it's part of the collateral damage...) <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6525523/pf-community-sheet-font-size-with-charactermancer-update" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6525523/pf-community-sheet-font-size-with-charactermancer-update</a> Thanks
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Jeremy said: This morning I tried to create several tables. Whenever I did and closed the character sheet, the following fragments were left on the desktop. Also, the tables themselves, as in the cell borders all disappear once the character sheet has been closed. Thanks for your feedback, Jeremy. I'll add this to our "tables" ticket.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Dylan L. said: Table formatting in character bios, no text colour option OR highlight option available. Yeah... these are some major bugs. Oh and Charactermancer is unavailable for Palldium Games campaigns so; not really a helpful API. Thanks for your feedback on the formatting issues, Dylan.&nbsp; While we don't provide support for non-official character sheets, and we're not accepting sheets with Charactermancers until we have some more bugs ironed out, the full Charactermancer spec is now available for character sheet authors to create their own Charactermancer to go with their sheets. It's up to your favorite character sheet authors to choose to use it.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Raffahell (Rafael C.) &nbsp;said: Exactly, I wished for the option to use the old text api. Although a minority, I guess, many DM's go to a great length formatting and color coding their handouts, as I myself have done. Since the font, size, color (and so on) have all changed in some kind (the last timed I looked), I hoped for the possibility to revert back to the old text api, where my handouts where "unharmed". Being forced to re-do all of my handouts and tables will inevitably break my heart after so much effort put in them. However, I do hope that the new text api, after the bugs are ironed out and so on, is compatible with all the handouts and tables already made before it came to existence. If so, then it will spare myself and many other lots of trouble re-doing everything. Thanks for your feedback, Raffahell. We will not be returning to the old text API. While I understand the transition isn't going smoothly, the old text editor was very outdated and was causing a lot of problems. We had put off fixing it for a long time, and a lot of libraries needed to be updated along with the text editor, which is why we're having so many problems now. Basically, it's like upgrading from Windows 95 to Windows 10-- a lot of things might break, but keeping the old technology isn't sustainable. I'm collecting bugs and requests about features that need to be restored. I, too, hope we can get the formatting to a satisfactory place for users like you who have put so much time and effort into your games.
(lets see if posting this even works...) So, after the recent update I guess, the formatting of everything in firefox has completely broke. There are no linebreaks anywhere, and I can not see or make italics or anything like that. Even trying to read this thread is difficult without any formatting. I know that it would work fine in other browsers, but that is a temporary solution at best, I really prefer firefox. My operating system is Windows 7 and my browser is Firefox version 32.0. Yes, 32.0; which really puts a hole in your "keeping the old technology isn't sustainable" idea. Could you at least revert to the old "outdated" text editor until the new one... actually *works*? I noticed bugs with it too, but it was certainly better than nothing! Which is what I have now. NOTHING.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Firefox version 32 is from 2014? Latest version is 60.0+ You could try upgrading to see if it affects performance. I am on the latest Firefox and haven't noticed any issues like those you describe.

Edited 1530124186
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Trevormark, Thanks for your feedback! I am sorry you're having so much difficulty with the formatting in firefox, and I understand how frustrating that can be. I've created a ticket for the dev team to look at this week. Do you have any browser add-ons or extensions enabled? Trevormark said: (lets see if posting this even works...) So, after the recent update I guess, the formatting of everything in firefox has completely broke. There are no linebreaks anywhere, and I can not see or make italics or anything like that. Even trying to read this thread is difficult without any formatting. I know that it would work fine in other browsers, but that is a temporary solution at best, I really prefer firefox. My operating system is Windows 7 and my browser is Firefox version 32.0. Yes, 32.0; which really puts a hole in your "keeping the old technology isn't sustainable" idea. Could you at least revert to the old "outdated" text editor until the new one... actually *works*? I noticed bugs with it too, but it was certainly better than nothing! Which is what I have now. NOTHING.
Well let me list off my problems, may have some repeats but I think the ANGRY feedback will help. - Link Naming doesn't work whatsoever - Can't close sheets in certain games without popping them out - No Text Coloring or tables +1 on both issues for me, seriously Roll20 I hate to sound like a whinny teenager here but perhaps you should do some further bug testing of the text boxes before you roll these massive "updates" out. As a consumer and a pro subscriber it seems pretty annoying to have everything work one day and then suddenly an "update" happens and everything is screwed up. Though I have faith ya'll are doing your best's to fix this. Goodday.
Tables... it has already been mentioned.&nbsp; Tables look... off.&nbsp; Trying to be polite but they now just look like poorly formatted text vs an actual table.&nbsp; And do we not have the option for add/remove row/column now?&nbsp; Or add remove header?&nbsp; Seems once you make a table, thats it. Unless this is a bug.&nbsp; Also, inserting links is behaving vastly different than before.&nbsp; I don't want to link to anything outside roll20, I just want the methods I had before.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Zeno, Can you confirm that you still can't close sheets after refreshing? We pushed a fix for that yesterday and it should have resolved the issue. If it's still an issue, please comment back here with the name of your game, browser, and OS, so we can investigate. I understand your frustration. As I've said elsewhere in this thread: we did test these features fairly extensively, but the environments aren't 100% identical, which has caused issues. We are working to solve them, and we are definitely "doing our best's to fix this," as you say. Zeno Rockbell said: Well let me list off my problems, may have some repeats but I think the ANGRY feedback will help. - Link Naming doesn't work whatsoever - Can't close sheets in certain games without popping them out - No Text Coloring or tables +1 on both issues for me, seriously Roll20 I hate to sound like a whinny teenager here but perhaps you should do some further bug testing of the text boxes before you roll these massive "updates" out. As a consumer and a pro subscriber it seems pretty annoying to have everything work one day and then suddenly an "update" happens and everything is screwed up. Though I have faith ya'll are doing your best's to fix this. Goodday.

Edited 1530131475
Aria
Plus
When I put a link to a monster's sheet inside the gm notes on a token, there seems to be a floating edit/unlink box which gets stuck on the page, it's causing the game to freeze up if you click edit.&nbsp; How do you get rid of the box, and what is it for? I can't seem to move it.&nbsp; It's the same on chrome, edge and firefox. I love all the updates btw.&nbsp; Keep up the good work!