Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
D&D 2024 has arrived! Pre-order the new core rulebooks now and get an exclusive pre-order bonus for free!
Create a free account

D&D 5th Edition by Roll20

1692995674

Edited 1692995873
Thanks! This is more of a character sheet bug than a compendium problem. Also, I think that the damage from this spell being dependent on the state of the target is a unique situation.  Jarren said: Assuming the Damage1 is entered correctly from the Compendium and scales appropriately, you can enter this into Damage2 to have the d12 damage scale appropriately without editing upon level up: [[floor((@{level}+1)/6)+1]]d12]] That's at least a workaround in the meantime until if/when the Compendium is updated and Cantrip Progression functionality is added to the Damage2 field.
It might be a little bit of both but more likely a compendium issue. It's how the spell is stored in the compendium that determines what happens when you drop it onto the sheet (if I understand things correctly). But sending a help center request is the right way to address this, in my experience. Rick A. said: Thanks! This is more of a character sheet bug than a compendium problem. Also, I think that the damage from this spell being dependent on the state of the target is a unique situation.  Jarren said: Assuming the Damage1 is entered correctly from the Compendium and scales appropriately, you can enter this into Damage2 to have the d12 damage scale appropriately without editing upon level up: [[floor((@{level}+1)/6)+1]]d12]] That's at least a workaround in the meantime until if/when the Compendium is updated and Cantrip Progression functionality is added to the Damage2 field.
Hello, We are having a small issue with the order of skills on character sheet. We are playing in french and recently the skills have been rearranged to fit the alphabetical order of the english version. It makes it a bit annoying to look for a skill. Would someone know how to fix this please?
1694884663
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Cédric! I'm not sure that's possible with the current sheet architecture. To my understanding, all a translation .json file does is word and phrase substitution; it doesn't actually change the layout in any way.
Ok thanks, I don't know why we felt it was in the french alphabetical order before.
1694890913

Edited 1694891049
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
List ordering according to language can be done through translations. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheet_Translation#List_Ordering" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheet_Translation#List_Ordering</a> Not sure if that has been implemented on the 5e sheet since the code on all official roll20 sheet's are kept private.
1694893349
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
vÍnce said: List ordering according to language can be done through translations. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheet_Translation#List_Ordering" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheet_Translation#List_Ordering</a> Not sure if that has been implemented on the 5e sheet since the code on all official roll20 sheet's are kept private. Live and learn! Cédric, the best course now would be to file a&nbsp; Help Center Request . This will create a ticket, to help make sure a forum report doesn't fall through the cracks.
Hi!, I am in need of clarification. Is the D&amp;D sheet actually available for Free players?&nbsp;
Yes, it is. You can select the D&amp;D 5E by Roll20 character sheet when you create a game. If you're joining someone else's game, they will have selected the character sheet(s) that they want you to use. Firefly said: Hi!, I am in need of clarification. Is the D&amp;D sheet actually available for Free players?&nbsp;
1694976318

Edited 1694976959
Okay, so.....I'm having trouble actually making a character using that sheet even after I have selected it. I only have Marvel or Call of Cahtullu Sheet when trying. Okay, I made a new game with that sheet and then went to character vault to make a new character and i still only have those 2 sheets available
1694976406
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Firefly said: Okay, so.....I'm having trouble actually making a character using that sheet even after I have selected it. I only have Marvel or Call of Cahtullu Sheet when trying.&nbsp; Did you choose the sheet when creating the game? You don't usually want to switch sheets in a game you have already started.
1694976646

Edited 1694977016
Oh......Let me try making a new game and making sure I select that (cause I don't Remember) I'll update if it works. Edit: Does not make a difference. I still only have those 2 sheets to choose from.&nbsp;
Are you trying to create a character in the character vault? The vault only has those two character sheets enabled (so far). If you want to create a character using the D&amp;D 5E by Roll20 sheet, you will need to create a game of your own that uses the character sheet that you want, create the character, then export it to your character vault. To import that character into another game, the character sheet needs to be one that that GM allows, and they will need to set permission for you to import your character. Firefly said: Okay, so.....I'm having trouble actually making a character using that sheet even after I have selected it. I only have Marvel or Call of Cahtullu Sheet when trying.&nbsp;
1694977335

Edited 1694977788
So, how do I create a Character not using the Vault? Every time I select make new character, I am only ever given those options. Do I launch the game as a player?&nbsp;
1694977688

Edited 1694978239
From the Roll20 home page, select "Create New Game", then go through through the prompts. Picking a character sheets is the very first option, as I showed in my post above. One you create the game, itr will show up on your home screen: enter the game, go to the journal tab and select "+Character". Once you start the character creation, Change the name to whatever you want, then Save Changes. At that point, you'll be prompted: Use charactermancer, Create NPC, or Edit sheet directly. Pick Use Charactermancer if you want to use that or pick Edit Sheet Directly if you want to create the character manually.
Oh Thank you! I had gotten all the way up to making the game with the sheet, just not Launching it and selecting Journal. I'm sorry this is probably in the Tutorial.....I fail. Womp womp. Keep up the great work!
1694978279

Edited 1694978480
LOL! No worries. We all started at the beginning :) Once you create your character, you can export it to your character vault (you have to do that through the character vault page, not in your game ) and ask your GM to let you import it into their game.
1694982997
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Creating a character in the Vault is a very new feature. Making a game and creating the character there has been the only way up until recently.
Duplication of entries in the attack area Hi I'm sorry if this already came out, admittedly I went back only a 5-6 pages in this thread looking if it has happened to someone else the attack area in the sheet from time to time seems to get a duplication. I was not able to pinpoint when this happens but it is very annoying one example is this &nbsp; another one (it is not the full attack block!!! we use charactermancer to create and level up even after cleaning seems to re-double from time to time thanks Andrea
As for Cure Wounds... might be it was added manually and while leveling up it was re-added via Charactermancer... Andrea L. said: Duplication of entries in the attack area Hi I'm sorry if this already came out, admittedly I went back only a 5-6 pages in this thread looking if it has happened to someone else the attack area in the sheet from time to time seems to get a duplication. I was not able to pinpoint when this happens but it is very annoying one example is this &nbsp; another one (it is not the full attack block!!! we use charactermancer to create and level up even after cleaning seems to re-double from time to time thanks Andrea
1695045782
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Andrea! That is a recurring bug, and it's terribly annoying. I have seen it attributed to the level up process, and also to a glitch that sometimes happens when adding versatile weapons (since it creates 1- and 2-handed versions, some triggers it to go on and repeat the list. There is a solution, since you are a Pro user. Scripter Oosh has written a script to clean up duplicate entries . I would definitely test on a copy of the character first. Also, if you have any Abilities or Macros that refer to attack IDs (such as those created by the Token Action Maker script), they may need to be regenerated.
Andrea L. said: Duplication of entries in the attack area the attack area in the sheet from time to time seems to get a duplication. I was not able to pinpoint when this happens but it is very annoying we use charactermancer to create and level up even after cleaning seems to re-double from time to time There's also a similar glitch where many blank characters are generated in the Journal, and I've found that one to be related to running a module and then having some update/patch run which then causes the glitch.&nbsp; So I'm curious if this is true in your case as well!
Are there any current plans to update the Vehicles tab?&nbsp; There were two (by Neo and Loren the GM ) pretty significant reviews outlining missing attributes and fields over a year ago, but there hasn't been any response or updates that I've seen. The Vehicles tab on the 5E sheet in Roll20 is sorely lacking features to make it compatible with the standard statblocks that are provided by WotC in the Dungeon Master's Guide, Ghosts of Saltmarsh, and Spelljammer.
Hello and&nbsp;thank you for your achievements On the NPC sheet for D&amp;D5, for spellcasters, the calculation of the spell attack roll, and the DC of save are calculated using the CR level instead of the proficiency bonus . This problem has been known for a long time, why is it not corrected?
Other problem Spells added from the Compendium to a PC or NPC sheet calculate their save DC at the time they are added to the sheet. This value is no longer modified when the PC levels up, or when the CR level is changed in the NPC sheet. This problem only concerns the DC displayed in the spell description, for example when clicking on "Show spell description"
There seems to be a problem with the Dmir Operative background and Charactermancer.&nbsp; My son was creating a character and it repeatedly failed to apply changes when making a first level Shadar-Kai rogue.&nbsp; I tried to make a Drow rogue with the Dmir Operative background and experienced the same thing.&nbsp; For both characters, when I changed it to Spy as the background, the charactermance was able to save the character.
Reynald.Player said: Other problem Spells added from the Compendium to a PC or NPC sheet calculate their save DC at the time they are added to the sheet. This value is no longer modified when the PC levels up, or when the CR level is changed in the NPC sheet. The problem also appears with manually entered spells. To cause the DC to be recalculated, you must edit the spell, modify the spellcaster characteristic, save the spell, then remodify the spellcaster characteristic (to return the correct value) and save the spell. And this for each spell. Help, cast a remove curse on my PJ sheet !
sorry never answered Josh fix dupe works like a charm strongly suggested thanks keithcurtis said: Hi Andrea! That is a recurring bug, and it's terribly annoying. I have seen it attributed to the level up process, and also to a glitch that sometimes happens when adding versatile weapons (since it creates 1- and 2-handed versions, some triggers it to go on and repeat the list. There is a solution, since you are a Pro user. Scripter Oosh has written a script to clean up duplicate entries . I would definitely test on a copy of the character first. Also, if you have any Abilities or Macros that refer to attack IDs (such as those created by the Token Action Maker script), they may need to be regenerated.
1696686804

Edited 1696691835
Hi all, does the 5e character sheet support calculation of a monk's AC? Just created a new monk. At first level, with Unarmored Defense, the monk's AC should be 10 + Dex mod + Wis mod. For this character, that should be 15, but it's showing as 10. Edit: Something seems to be going on in general. I subsequently created a barbarian, but it's showing her AC as 10 as well. Is it possible I've messed up some character sheet setting? Or that some API is conflicting? Edit edit: OK, I think I figured it out. For some reason the AC on those two sheets was set to "custom". I set them back to auto, but that still doesn't seem to work for the monk, as it's only adding the dex modifier to their AC. So I made them custom dex + wis and it seems to be calculating correctly right now.
I'm finding the 5e character sheet incredibly frustrating to use because every little change, every attempt to open a submenu, takes several minutes to load. The funny thing is I also have the Marvel Multiverse character sheet and it loads quickly and easily every time. What's the difference between the Charactermancer and the Marvel sheet that makes one feel like swimming in molasses and the other works fine?
1696742172

Edited 1696742181
Request - Brief Description:&nbsp; I would like some way to change crits from "double the dice" to "max one die, roll the other". It is a very common house rule . Unfortunately, we have no way to opt into it with Roll20. I think it would benefit those who feel disappointed in rolling double 1s on a crit.&nbsp; Screenshots:&nbsp; See Reddit:&nbsp; How do you handle crits in your game? : r/DnD (reddit.com) &nbsp;- re: Crunchy Crits and the top comment there-in.
1696746220
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Dr. VB, You can absolutely do that. In the attack section fill in the type of critical you want. If your damage dice is a d8 you simply put an "8" in the critical portion of the attack.&nbsp;
1697609689

Edited 1697609730
Gauss said: Hi Dr. VB, You can absolutely do that. In the attack section fill in the type of critical you want. If your damage dice is a d8 you simply put an "8" in the critical portion of the attack.&nbsp; Sorry for the delay in response. Yes, this is true, I can manually do this for each character and each attack there-in, and then.. fudge it for the NPCs, I guess? However, this is the house rule at the table across the board, and a very popular house rule at-that. I would like some way of just toggling on "max the di(c)e and then roll" instead of manually editing everything.
1697646472
Gauss
Forum Champion
Dr. VB said: Gauss said: Hi Dr. VB, You can absolutely do that. In the attack section fill in the type of critical you want. If your damage dice is a d8 you simply put an "8" in the critical portion of the attack.&nbsp; Sorry for the delay in response. Yes, this is true, I can manually do this for each character and each attack there-in, and then.. fudge it for the NPCs, I guess? However, this is the house rule at the table across the board, and a very popular house rule at-that. I would like some way of just toggling on "max the di(c)e and then roll" instead of manually editing everything. I cannot speak for the Devs, but I imagine that trying to write in house rules into the character sheet would be like the labor of Sisyphus (pushing a boulder uphill for eternity). It is enough if the house rule can be achieved, which due to how Roll20 works is usually possible, and definitely possible in this case.
1697677973

Edited 1697678035
I'm having an issue where the Charactermancer keeps getting stuck on "Building Your Character."&nbsp; I've searched around and tried every solution I could find, but no matter what I do it still gets stuck in the same place every time after I click "Apply Changes."&nbsp; Has anyone else encountered this or know what I might do to fix it?
1697678312
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Michael M. said: I'm having an issue where the Charactermancer keeps getting stuck on "Building Your Character."&nbsp; I've searched around and tried every solution I could find, but no matter what I do it still gets stuck in the same place every time after I click "Apply Changes."&nbsp; Has anyone else encountered this or know what I might do to fix it? Hi Michael! It happens often enough that there is a dedicated Help Center page for it. :) Troubleshooting a Stuck Charactermancer (D&amp;D 5E)
I've found that the charactermancer almost always gets stuck when trying to level up more than one level at a time when multiclassing. I've found that leveling up one class at a time usually gets around whatever problem is occurring. I don't know if that's your particular issue but just thought I'd throw it out there since that's not in the file that keithcurtis referenced. Maybe if you provided more information, other people might have other ideas about where it might be getting stuck. Michael M. said: I'm having an issue where the Charactermancer keeps getting stuck on "Building Your Character."&nbsp; I've searched around and tried every solution I could find, but no matter what I do it still gets stuck in the same place every time after I click "Apply Changes."&nbsp; Has anyone else encountered this or know what I might do to fix it?
Thanks guys! I did reference the Help Center page and tried the applicable suggestions. There were no typos (I used the drop down menu for everything), and there were no errors in the attributes and abilities tab. This is for a brand new character that’s not part of a game yet, the race and class are a Wood Elf Ranger if that helps at all!
1697737461
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If the Help Center page did not work, then the best recourse is a&nbsp; Help Center Request . This will create a ticket for investigation.
You I say this character is not part of a game. Does that mean you were creating it in the character vault?&nbsp; I tried to replicate the problem in the character vault (which is buggy) and in a game. I couldn't. There are a lot of choices: background, starting equipment, etc. that can be made during the creation process and one of those choices is probably creating a conflict internally. A help center request as keithcurtis suggests is probably your best bet. I would suggest that you list all of the choices you make during the process when you submit the request because, as I said, one or more of those choices is possibly creating a conflict. Michael M. said: Thanks guys! I did reference the Help Center page and tried the applicable suggestions. There were no typos (I used the drop down menu for everything), and there were no errors in the attributes and abilities tab. This is for a brand new character that’s not part of a game yet, the race and class are a Wood Elf Ranger if that helps at all!
There's a new issue with the pbd_safe multiplying modifiers: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11665560/issue-with-rolling-stats#post-11665574" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11665560/issue-with-rolling-stats#post-11665574</a> <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11665559/roll20-adding-zeros-to-all-modificators" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11665559/roll20-adding-zeros-to-all-modificators</a> <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11665558/problem-with-d-and-d-5e-by-roll20-sheet-all-mods-are-x10" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11665558/problem-with-d-and-d-5e-by-roll20-sheet-all-mods-are-x10</a> I'm filling out a Help Center request also.
1698082410
Gauss
Forum Champion
Jarren said: There's a new issue with the pbd_safe multiplying modifiers: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11665560/issue-with-rolling-stats#post-11665574" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11665560/issue-with-rolling-stats#post-11665574</a> <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11665559/roll20-adding-zeros-to-all-modificators" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11665559/roll20-adding-zeros-to-all-modificators</a> <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11665558/problem-with-d-and-d-5e-by-roll20-sheet-all-mods-are-x10" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11665558/problem-with-d-and-d-5e-by-roll20-sheet-all-mods-are-x10</a> I'm filling out a Help Center request also. I have also let the Devs know and they are working on the issue.
1698083250

Edited 1698083290
Gauss
Forum Champion
The fix is in, please check your games to see if there is an ongoing problem. If you are already in your game please perform a hard refresh before testing.
Hey there. Found a recent development, used to set myself to speaking as my character in a campaign and it would change the image to my character sheet's from my profile. The last week or 2 it has not been doing so, did something change?
1698272483
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Christopher W. said: Hey there. Found a recent development, used to set myself to speaking as my character in a campaign and it would change the image to my character sheet's from my profile. The last week or 2 it has not been doing so, did something change? Hi Christopher! I can't reproduce this (it doesn't really have anything to do with sheet choice, but is base Roll20 functionality). That being said, a common error is when someone has set their in-game name to the same as their character name. Both copies will appear in the list, but you need to make sure to select the one representing the character, not the player name. I do this by accident all the time.
1698294191

Edited 1698294211
Gauss
Forum Champion
Christopher W. said: Hey there. Found a recent development, used to set myself to speaking as my character in a campaign and it would change the image to my character sheet's from my profile. The last week or 2 it has not been doing so, did something change? Have you changed your Voice and Video system?&nbsp; Could you supply a screenshot?
Hi all. I have the new Compendium turned on, and have had for a few weeks. Last night when we had our 5e session, I went to look something up (Potion of Healing), and discovered that many of the options in my Compendium now say "Pathfinder Second Edition pf2". I've never played Pathfinder in my life, nor do I own any Pathfinder content. I'm not sure if this is the right place to report this, but any ideas? I looked in my game compendium settings and didn't see anything I could disable there. I really don't want Pathfinder content showing in my games.
1700326290
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Steven,&nbsp; I was not able to replicate this. Which character sheet were you using? What was the exact search criteria? Can you reproduce it today?&nbsp;
Gauss said: Hi Steven,&nbsp; I was not able to replicate this. Which character sheet were you using? What was the exact search criteria? Can you reproduce it today?&nbsp; I can reproduce today. Game is running the 5e by Roll20 sheet template, and D&amp;D 5e for the Compendium System. I rechecked the game settings and it still says that. This didn't happen the last session we played, about 3 weeks ago. The search was pretty simple: Potion of Healing. But even if I just type "pot" you can see tons of pf2 content. I see them in other places too, spells, etc.
I to am experiencing this. I do not have Pathfinder and don't want Pathfinder but when I search for say Dagger I see Pathfinder entries. And it isn't only Pathfinder, its other compendiums as well such as Search for Rat and Fisban's Treasury of Dragons and Ghosts of Saltmarsh entries show up as well.