Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20

This is progress, though very slow going, I think 3rd edition may be announced before it is finished. That being said I am happy there is progress. How about the other stuff we have been asking about? Conditions for the NPC sheet? Other books that have come out and not been put in?
BIG question is what is Roll20's plans for the remaster, thats pretty big!!  Bur great to see some progress none the less Tom as well as the other questions we have asked please :)

Edited 1693261176
So I've been using this character sheet for a few weeks, and in my last session (on Saturday Aug 26th) it suddenly stopped adding my ability modifiers to skills, spell damage and even basic ability rolls (meaning those last buttons are effectively just 6 differently labeled flat d20s). There might be more macros besides those that are bugged that I just haven't found yet. The strange thing they are still working fine for everyone else in the group. Everything was working fine a week before on the 19th, and in that week I hadn't touched the sheet, unless changing the portrait counts. Another (probably separate) issue I have is that if I include @{level} anywhere in a spell macro, @{level} always  returns a value of 1, no matter what the level attribute of the character sheet is set to. I'm working around it by using the current_level attribute that each spell has instead, but being able to reference the character's level instead would be more convenient for cantrips (which you're probably always going to cast at your highest available rank). Edit: I figured it out, and as it turns out the two problems actually were  related! Since I was playing a kitsune, I had a second character sheet with the same name so that I could rapidly swap between portraits when needed. It seems as though since these sheets had the same name, the macros were referencing the wrong one. And since the second one (that was being referenced) was just there to be a portrait, it had no stats in it at all. Strange that roll20 macros can be defeated that easily, but I fixed it by just adding a space at the end of the dummy sheet's name. You could also take the time to make sure both sheets have matching stats, I'm sure that would also work.
Er... that's not a problem with the sheet.  That's a basic computer programming thing: if you use the same variable name in two different places, things are going to always get confused.  If you are using token actions, you may want to add selected| to your references, as in @{selected|level}.  That will always pull from whichever sheet the token you are using is connected to.
Tom said: BIG question is what is Roll20's plans for the remaster, thats pretty big!!  Bur great to see some progress none the less Paizo has released the Remaster character sheet here .  (Direct link to the sheet itself here .)  That might be a good place to start.
Excuse my ignorance, I don't follow this forum very closely. Is there a list of game features that are on the to-do list, and where do I find it?
Martin said: Excuse my ignorance, I don't follow this forum very closely. Is there a list of game features that are on the to-do list, and where do I find it? Nope, just have to hope someone drops in and lets us know what they are doing. We might get that about once a month.
The character attribute hit_points_max is always returning 0 when used in macros. Is it possible this is something that's easily corrected?
Eric B. said: The character attribute hit_points_max is always returning 0 when used in macros. Is it possible this is something that's easily corrected? Do you have an example macro?
Eric B. said: The character attribute hit_points_max is always returning 0 when used in macros. Is it possible this is something that's easily corrected? Use this instead: @{selected|hit_points|max} And make sure that you include a call to which character you're drawing from - in this case using 'selected|'  By way of example, here is a macro that helps you figure out how injured people are (if you have the appropriate permissions, of course): /w "@{selected|character_name}" &{template:default} {{name=How hurt are we?}} {{ @{Target|First|token_name}: [[ @{Target|First|hit_points} ]] / @{Target|First|hit_points|max} (at [[ round( (@{Target|First|hit_points} * 100) / @{Target|First|hit_points|max}) ]]%) }} {{ @{Target|Second|token_name}: [[ @{Target|Second|hit_points} ]] / @{Target|Second|hit_points|max} (at [[ round( (@{Target|Second|hit_points} * 100) / @{Target|Second|hit_points|max}) ]]%) }} {{ @{Target|Third|token_name}: [[ @{Target|Third|hit_points} ]] / @{Target|Third|hit_points|max} (at [[ round( (@{Target|Third|hit_points} * 100) / @{Target|Third|hit_points|max}) ]]%) }} {{ @{Target|Fourth|token_name}: [[ @{Target|Fourth|hit_points} ]] / @{Target|Fourth|hit_points|max} (at [[ round( (@{Target|Fourth|hit_points} * 100) / @{Target|Fourth|hit_points|max}) ]]%) }}
Worked like a charm. Thank you for the tip! Joel F. said: Use this instead: @{selected|hit_points|max}\
Is there an attribute/macro for Level Based DC in pathfinder 2e? I want to use this for automating various checks (Bards and Marshal) against Level DCs. And, I want to automate the lookup on the typical DCs at "my character" level. 
Jariath said: Martin said: Excuse my ignorance, I don't follow this forum very closely. Is there a list of game features that are on the to-do list, and where do I find it? Nope, just have to hope someone drops in and lets us know what they are doing. We might get that about once a month. Thanks, Jareth. I'm just hoping someone who knows what they are doing on the development side, will decide to play a character with a familiar, and see that even the familiar and master abilities don't seem to have been implemented :)
Most people who have familiars in my game have a 2nd sheet and have to do the added abilities by hand.

Edited 1694575521
timerino said: Is there an attribute/macro for Level Based DC in pathfinder 2e? I want to use this for automating various checks (Bards and Marshal) against Level DCs. And, I want to automate the lookup on the typical DCs at "my character" level.  No attribute, but a little trolling around some of the local discord servers gets me the calculation.  For levels 0 to 20, it's: 14 + floor ((4/3) * <level>) From levels 21-25, it's just 2 * <level> This means the code for calculating at your character's level (since it doesn't increase beyond 20) is: [[ 14 + floor( (4/3) * @{level} ) ]] Remember that Uncommon/Hard DC is +2, Rare/Very Hard is +5, and Unique/Incredibly Hard is +10.
This might be too specific for this forum, but are some classes just not supported by the Character Sheet still? I'm starting a new game and finding that while base classes drag and drop okay, the Sheet just doesn't even acknowledge that Thaumaturge is a class or make any changes at all based on adding it.

Edited 1694657839
They are quite far behind. I think only 2 books are functional at this time. And I doubt even those are completely functional.
Can someone help with a PF2e NPC character sheet import problem?  I am importing creatures from the compendium. When I do so, many of the fields come up as zeros.  When I look in the attributes and abilities tab, I can see that there are apparently PC fields and NPC fields for these attributes. The NPC fields have the correct numbers.  I assume that the NPC sheet is pulling from the PC fields.   Any advice would be appreciated. 
I think at this point you should file a help request. This has been happening for a while. I will also file a help request when it happens to me again. darius p. said: Can someone help with a PF2e NPC character sheet import problem?  I am importing creatures from the compendium. When I do so, many of the fields come up as zeros.  When I look in the attributes and abilities tab, I can see that there are apparently PC fields and NPC fields for these attributes. The NPC fields have the correct numbers.  I assume that the NPC sheet is pulling from the PC fields.   Any advice would be appreciated. 
Hey Darius & Dr DM!     This error is tied to an update function failing to run when the drop occurs - we're aware of it, and it's likely the fault of a persistent worker bug that's caused trouble on some other sheets as well.   In the meantime, there is a quick workaround that should fix any sheet dropped with this error:  Open the NPC's settings & input fields via the top-left gear icon You should see these input fields are already populated with the correct values that should have applied to the entire sheet - these are the "npc_" attributes you noticed! Scroll down to the bottom of the settings section, and find the dropdown labeled "NPC Adjustment" Using this dropdown, change the NPC from "Normal" to "Elite" or "Weak" - then change it back to "Normal" This should prompt that recalculate function to run, and get your sheet automatically matching the NPC inputs once more.   If you're finding that NPCs are repeatedly dropping with 0 fields, and you have to do the above fix on each of them, try a hard refresh.  That will generally get future NPCs dropping correctly again.   Apologies for the inconvenience here.  If the above fixes ever fail to solve your problem, don't hesitate to let me know, and I'll figure out what might be happening.   - Bronson darius p. said: Can someone help with a PF2e NPC character sheet import problem?  I am importing creatures from the compendium. When I do so, many of the fields come up as zeros. 
Thanks.

Edited 1696577104
It's great to see that work is still being done on the Roll20 PF 2E sheet. Some of my games were forced to move to Foundry years ago, in order to run this system there, even though I run all my other games on Roll20. Back when the sheet was first introduced, I, and some other players, found the blue on burgundy color scheme to be a little hard to look at. The alternate colors that were eventually implemented were also kind of hard on the eyes - white text on grey being especially tough depending on monitor settings and the given player's eyesight. I brought it up here, three years ago: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8033560/pathfinder-second-edition-by-roll20-q1y2020/?pageforid=8737711#post-8737711" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8033560/pathfinder-second-edition-by-roll20-q1y2020/?pageforid=8737711#post-8737711</a> . Further, the monochrome sheet actually even has some random brown sections scattered throughout, like the Class DC, Speed, and Encumbrance. So it seems overall like the notion of offering an alternative to the very saturated PF color scheme was sort of put in to check a box and then forgotten, at least that's the impression it gives. It would be really nice if the "Neutral" Color Scheme could be updated to be a true Black &amp; White accessibility option especially for players with vision problems. For reference, Paizo put out their own printer friendly sheet, which is the only one I ever see in person. It's just black and white: <a href="https://paizo.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/PZO2101-CharacterSheet-BW.pdf" rel="nofollow">https://paizo.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/PZO2101-CharacterSheet-BW.pdf</a> . I posted this three years ago as well. For me, my longtime group of friends, and several of my clients as a pro DM, the look of the Roll20 sheet remains our number one barrier to using Roll20 for the PF2 system.
Do we have any idea when the sheet will support the blind gm/secret rolls that the game calls for?
There are suggestions in that forum to implement that they have flat out said they are NOT prioritizing. Please add your vote here! Here is the Roll 20 response from that thread: Andrew Searles said: Hey All, Just wanted to step in and say thank you all for the great feedback on this feature both in this thread and in other threads . The ability to keep rolls secret is something that can have a big impact on how the game is played. Personally, when I run games, I do something like this all the time. I love to see how the story unfolds when characters (and their players) don't always have exact information about the reality of the situation. Unfortunately, this isn't something that we are focused on at this time but that doesn't mean that we don't see your feedback! As we are redesigning the current VTT, we'll keep this in the back of our minds and see if there's an opportunity to slip this in where we can, BUT no promises! Either way, thank you again and keep it up. Your feedback helps make Roll20 better for everyone! &nbsp;
Leslie C. said: Do we have any idea when the sheet will support the blind gm/secret rolls that the game calls for? Support for secret rolls has been asked for before on this thread.&nbsp; If you want, you can use the macro found here to do the work of it for you.
Less than a month now til Remaster hits and no word to date on the new Character sheet, will there be one? What will be drag and drop and what won't?, compatable at all with the old sheet? Any extras like FINALLY getting NPC/Monster sheets their conditions? the secret GM rolls and so forth? All we know is if you bought the Roll20 Core Rule book and the Advanced Players guide before on here, you get the update for free, but no free PDF support for these 2. This is QUITE the big deal for us Remaining PF II players here needless to say......... Tom
Tom said: Less than a month now til Remaster hits and no word to date on the new Character sheet, will there be one? What will be drag and drop and what won't?, compatable at all with the old sheet? Any extras like FINALLY getting NPC/Monster sheets their conditions? the secret GM rolls and so forth? All we know is if you bought the Roll20 Core Rule book and the Advanced Players guide before on here, you get the update for free, but no free PDF support for these 2. This is QUITE the big deal for us Remaining PF II players here needless to say......... Tom Fewer and Fewer as they stay silent. I thought we were supposed to be getting more updates. As silent as ever. But hey, we can now build characters out of games!
I feel bad for everyone who invested in Pf2e on this table top. I kept holding off waiting for the charactermancer that was promised for over 4 years but never happened. I'm glad I did. Good luck ya'all.
Luke B said: I feel bad for everyone who invested in Pf2e on this table top. I kept holding off waiting for the charactermancer that was promised for over 4 years but never happened. I'm glad I did. Good luck ya'all. The Charactermancer for Pathfinder 2nd edition is there, if not usalbe in game than at least int he character vault...
Hey all, We'll be bringing big news on the PF2 Remaster front very soon, but I can clarify a couple things now.&nbsp;&nbsp; New remastered compendium content will be compatible with the existing PF2 sheet, and can be dropped onto it, converted to non-remastered rules in the process where appropriate.&nbsp;&nbsp; The Mini-mancer drag and drop character builder for Ancestries, Backgrounds, and Classes also should be fully functional both in game and in character vault, with a growing list of supported sourcebooks.&nbsp; If you run into any issues using this tool, post here and we'll get them fixed.&nbsp;&nbsp; Bronson
Thanks Bronsen, at least thats something and I hope we will get some very cool and epic news about Paizo and their products as well as the new sheet and perks for PF II revised and the Starfinder 2nd Edition, play test and an official one when its out in just under 2 years. Tom
For those interested, the Rusthenge adventure is on the Roll20 Marketplace :)
Default Token Bars -- I've looked at a quajillion wiki's and webpages and have drawn blank.&nbsp; Where do I find all the possible values for, say, BAR 1 VALUE, BAR 1 MAX, and BAR 1 LINK.&nbsp; Ok, I thought I could figure those things out until the "link" option came in... If it *is* in a wiki somewhere, a helpful pointer would be enough.
father0fnine said: Default Token Bars -- I've looked at a quajillion wiki's and webpages and have drawn blank.&nbsp; Where do I find all the possible values for, say, BAR 1 VALUE, BAR 1 MAX, and BAR 1 LINK.&nbsp; Ok, I thought I could figure those things out until the "link" option came in... If it *is* in a wiki somewhere, a helpful pointer would be enough. On each character sheet you have the "Attributes and Abilities" Tab. There you can see all variables and their contents linked with the sheet. The Attributes you see there are the ones you also see in the Dropdowns for the tokens...
TheMarkus1204 said: father0fnine said: Default Token Bars -- I've looked at a quajillion wiki's and webpages and have drawn blank.&nbsp; Where do I find all the possible values for, say, BAR 1 VALUE, BAR 1 MAX, and BAR 1 LINK.&nbsp; Ok, I thought I could figure those things out until the "link" option came in... If it *is* in a wiki somewhere, a helpful pointer would be enough. On each character sheet you have the "Attributes and Abilities" Tab. There you can see all variables and their contents linked with the sheet. The Attributes you see there are the ones you also see in the Dropdowns for the tokens... What is the difference in purpose from BAR 1 VALUE and BAR 1 LINK... Basically, what is the "LINK" used for?
Hey fatherOfnine, BAR 1 VALUE and BAR 1 LINK both reference values on the sheet - but BAR 1 LINK will continuously update both bar and sheet value as either changes, while BAR 1 VALUE simply takes the sheet value when the default token is created, and does not automatically update either direction.&nbsp;&nbsp; A good example of both kinds of behavior can be found in our usual default settings for these two values.&nbsp; BAR 1 VALUE and BAR 1 MAX are usually set to&nbsp;hit_points_max.&nbsp; This will initialize the token with a full health bar when it's dropped - but if you then click into the circle on the token and modify that value, it will not update the sheet.&nbsp; Similarly, if you lower your current health on the sheet, it won't change the bar.&nbsp; This may seem unusual, but is actually crucial when dealing with multiple enemies of a single type.&nbsp; Say, for instance, your players are beset by a pack of goblins, all of whom share one character sheet.&nbsp; If one goblin takes damage, you'd update its bar on its token.&nbsp; But if that change was relayed to the sheet as well, it would affect all the other goblins too!&nbsp; Thus, the static, non-updating BAR 1 VALUE &amp; BAR 1 MAX solution is best for npc HP. Comparatively, we set BAR 3 LINK by default to armor_class.&nbsp; This doesn't just check for the value once, but keeps an eye out for any changes going forward.&nbsp; Say, for instance, you place all the tokens, get the entire encounter set up - but then decide you'd like to raise all the goblins' AC by 1.&nbsp; Just changing the value in the sheet once would carry this change over to every goblin you've already dropped.&nbsp;&nbsp; There are advantages and disadvantages to both methods, so you can choose which is best for the attribute you'd like to present in each bar.&nbsp; One thing that's important to note is that using BAR 1 LINK will override BAR 1 VALUE and BAR 1 MAX - so you can't try and use both.&nbsp;&nbsp; As TheMarkus mentioned, the Attributes and Abilities tab lists variables you can choose.&nbsp; You can also scroll through the dropdown in a token's settings, under Attribute.&nbsp;&nbsp;
17 days til the Remaster hits, when is the big news from Roll20 going to hit?&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks Tom
From Roll20 CON Earlier this year we publicly&nbsp; renewed our support for Pathfinder , and since then we have rolled out a continuous stream of&nbsp; updates &nbsp;and&nbsp; improvements &nbsp;to the Pathfinder 2 character sheet experience. We continue to stand by our commitment to continuous improvement on this until we have a full character builder experience for Pathfinder 2. Two big things affect our road map for that: Pathfinder Remastered Core and our new Character Sheet system at Roll20: 1. You know about Pathfinder Core releasing soon and hopefully you've read about our&nbsp; support for that release . 2. Meanwhile, you may or may not have had a chance to test out Roll20's new character sheet system by giving the Marvel Multiverse RPG character sheet and character builder a&nbsp; test drive . The Marvel character sheet is one of the first that we've implemented with our all new code ecosystem for character sheets and character builders, an ecosystem we call Beacon. We are pleased to announce that work has already begun on an all new Pathfinder 2 Character Sheet and Character Builder in Beacon, and we'd love to give you a screenclip recording&nbsp; first sneak peek at the new design . (That design is very much a work-in-progress. Some things have already changed since that was recently recorded and the design has not yet been through accessibility screening and other tests.) Alas there is a lot of work to do between design and having a fully featured new sheet and builder in front of you to use. For now, we will support the release of Pathfinder Core with the current character sheet updated to accept remastered content. We hope to have an initial, not-yet-fully-featured version of the new character sheet in front of you to try before the end of this year. We plan to iterate and develop the new sheet and then the new character builder and new NPC sheet with your feedback to our team dedicated to the project. We are committed to having this team remain dedicated to the new Pathfinder sheets (PC and NPC) and builder until we have something that delights the Roll20 community of Pathfinder players. As to our support for Paizo's new Pathfinder releases, we expect to support every book that Paizo releases for the main Pathfinder Core product line. I do need to give us a little wiggle room on that promise because if Paizo releases maybe a Goblin Holiday Cook Book or something which we don't feel is applicable to Roll20 use then we may skip such a title. And we may not support every Pathfinder Society Scenario release (though our support for those should increase). Roll20's velocity has never been higher, both on delivering feature improvements and on getting official releases ready for Roll20 use. Pathfinder players will see a lot more coming their way in the months ahead. Tom
I'd certainly hope there are still changes going on.&nbsp; For one thing, it includes alignment-based resistances, which don't exist in the Remaster (because alignments don't exist in it).
We will see what happens and the Roll20 Pres said they will be a lot more transparent so we will see, hope so instead of playing the guessing game and posting about things one usually don't get a reply to, especially with Paizo Products and sheets as we all know here!! I'm hopefull this won't fall through for PF II and Starfinder 2nd Ed&nbsp; Playtest then the official one the year after!! Tom
I’m curious to see how Roll20 will handle the remaster. I’m hoping whatever happens, the solution will still be compatible with the original PF2e Core Rules. I am half-way thru Agents of Edgewatch and we want to stick with the legacy rules until it completes. At the same time, it’s nice to have the option to start a new campaign with the new rules before the other completes. This has been a bit of a fumble for Foundry with the PF2e remaster – at least as I understand it on the server I’m using. I have to basically choose between using the original rules or the remastered rules – they can’t coexist – so I have to run all my campaigns using a single PF2e ruleset on Foundry. As well, new content written with the pre-remastered rules (like Rusthenge and Season of Ghosts) is not compatible with the pre-remastered rules, even though the adventures themselves are being written using the legacy rules. So to start a Season of Ghosts campaign on Foundry I’d have to force all my players in my other games to switch to remaster. Unfortunately it doesn’t appear Season of Ghosts will be offered on Roll20 ☹ &nbsp;
Is the Compendium completely gone for everyone or is it just me?
Dr DM said: Is the Compendium completely gone for everyone or is it just me? The team was in the process of launching all the updates for Pathfinder Core, so things may have been in and out for a moment. Please let me know if you're still experiencing any issues!
I have content, but now I'm being told I don't own the remaster products when I've been told for weeks that I already owned it.
Dr DM said: I have content, but now I'm being told I don't own the remaster products when I've been told for weeks that I already owned it. In a similar situation, some places will tell me I own the remaster like the marketplace but other places will say I don't own the remaster like my bookshelf.
Hey all! We’ve launched support for the new Player Core and GM Core books for PF2!&nbsp; As a brief rundown of what this means: All content from these two books is in the compendium, and compatible with the sheet. This includes mini-mancer drag-and-drop support on both VTT and in Characters for Ancestries, Backgrounds, and Classes. This also includes improved drag-and-drop automation for Feats, as well as the usual drag-and-drop functionality. The new Core books and Legacy content live in the same compendium, and can be used in the same game!&nbsp; Your GM can block out books your group doesn’t use in game settings, as usual - but there’s no need to create a brand new game to try out Core content. This also means you can use Legacy content alongside new Core content on the same character, to mix and match old feats with the new if you’d like.&nbsp; We’re looking into issues involving owned content not appearing as owned in some places. We’ve also started the process of adding a much-requested compendium feature for PF2 - Filtering! Currently, you can filter the compendium in the Spells and Monsters categories, to quickly track down what’s relevant for you or your players. We’ll be following this up very soon with more categories, namely Items and Feats as the next two in line. What else is next? We’re hard at work making a brand new sheet for the full PF2 Core experience, designed from the ground up to be cleaner, quicker and better built for PF2 specifically. You can read more about our process and roadmap for the future in this blog post !
Zach said: Dr DM said: I have content, but now I'm being told I don't own the remaster products when I've been told for weeks that I already owned it. In a similar situation, some places will tell me I own the remaster like the marketplace but other places will say I don't own the remaster like my bookshelf. Hey Zach -- from my backend I'm seeing you own the content. Can you add some more specifics about where you have access and where you don't? Can you see options from PF Core in the compendium? Do you see the item in your Marketplace bookshelf?&nbsp; Thanks!
Bronson H. said: Hey all! We’ve launched support for the new Player Core and GM Core books for PF2!&nbsp; As a brief rundown of what this means: All content from these two books is in the compendium, and compatible with the sheet. This includes mini-mancer drag-and-drop support on both VTT and in Characters for Ancestries, Backgrounds, and Classes. This also includes improved drag-and-drop automation for Feats, as well as the usual drag-and-drop functionality. The new Core books and Legacy content live in the same compendium, and can be used in the same game!&nbsp; Your GM can block out books your group doesn’t use in game settings, as usual - but there’s no need to create a brand new game to try out Core content. This also means you can use Legacy content alongside new Core content on the same character, to mix and match old feats with the new if you’d like.&nbsp; We’re looking into issues involving owned content not appearing as owned in some places. We’ve also started the process of adding a much-requested compendium feature for PF2 - Filtering! Currently, you can filter the compendium in the Spells and Monsters categories, to quickly track down what’s relevant for you or your players. We’ll be following this up very soon with more categories, namely Items and Feats as the next two in line. What else is next? We’re hard at work making a brand new sheet for the full PF2 Core experience, designed from the ground up to be cleaner, quicker and better built for PF2 specifically. You can read more about our process and roadmap for the future in this blog post ! Is this going to take 4+ years and never be completed like the original PF2 content has?