Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20

Edited 1705749397
I'd like to request an Armor/Shield attribute for tokens. The way HP can be auto-coded onto a token to update with the character sheet, I'd like an Armor/Shield attribute that can be placed on the token, updating live with sheet changes. I've attempted to mod the sheets myself, trying to use the @{armor_class} and @{armor_class_shield} numbers, but the custom attribute does not seem to work. Would be appreciated as a feature, though, as it would make referencing my own NPC's and my players ACs easier. It always annoys me, and often enough my players thay I end up asking for their ACs frequently as a result of this.
Inquiry to Others Does anyone know a way to make an attribute that keeps track of how much ammunition you are carrying? I often use the 3rd attribute to keep track of a primary ranged weapon's ammunition. But I typically use raw numbers in this case, which get reset each time the token is placed. I was wondering if anyone knew how to code an attribute from your inventory.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Wolfgang A. said: Inquiry to Others Does anyone know a way to make an attribute that keeps track of how much ammunition you are carrying? I often use the 3rd attribute to keep track of a primary ranged weapon's ammunition. But I typically use raw numbers in this case, which get reset each time the token is placed. I was wondering if anyone knew how to code an attribute from your inventory. Hi Wolfgang,  All you need to do is go to the Attributes & Abilities tab, click Add. Find the attribute you are adding, name it, and put a value in it.  Then have your GM find the attribute in your token's bar and set it to that attribute.  Finally your GM will need to save the token to the character so that all future tokens will be set up that way (via Update Default Token in token settings or Use Selected Token in Character's Edit button).

Edited 1705896738
Gauss said: Hi Wolfgang,  All you need to do is go to the Attributes & Abilities tab, click Add. Find the attribute you are adding, name it, and put a value in it.  Then have your GM find the attribute in your token's bar and set it to that attribute.  Finally your GM will need to save the token to the character so that all future tokens will be set up that way (via Update Default Token in token settings or Use Selected Token in Character's Edit button). I am the GM. The problem is I don't know what code that is. The attribute given is @{worn_quantity}. But the problem is every item in the worn section has the same @{worn_quantity} attribute. I need to know how to find the @{worn_quantity} attribute of a specific item among many, as I don't know what the syntax for that would be, or if there even is such a syntax that has been considered when creating this sheet. For example, say I have Arrows, a Shortbow, Leather Armor, and a Potion of Healing in the Worn section. Each of the items will have the same attribute of  @{worn_quantity}. I would specifically need to know what the address to the  @{worn_quantity} of arrows would be, to be referenced elsewhere in the character sheet.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Wolfgang A. said: Gauss said: Hi Wolfgang,  All you need to do is go to the Attributes & Abilities tab, click Add. Find the attribute you are adding, name it, and put a value in it.  Then have your GM find the attribute in your token's bar and set it to that attribute.  Finally your GM will need to save the token to the character so that all future tokens will be set up that way (via Update Default Token in token settings or Use Selected Token in Character's Edit button). I am the GM. The problem is I don't know what code that is. The attribute given is @{worn_quantity}. But the problem is every item in the worn section has the same @{worn_quantity} attribute. I need to know how to find the @{worn_quantity} attribute of a specific item among many, as I don't know what the syntax for that would be, or if there even is such a syntax that has been considered when creating this sheet. For example, say I have Arrows, a Shortbow, Leather Armor, and a Potion of Healing in the Worn section. Each of the items will have the same attribute of  @{worn_quantity}. I would specifically need to know what the address to the  @{worn_quantity} of arrows would be, to be referenced elsewhere in the character sheet. What I was suggesting was that you create an attribute in the Attributes and Abilities tab. You don't need to know what the attribute of the item would be.  However, if you provide a screenshot of the section in question (please provide the entire page so I have reference points) I can see if I can find the attribute name for it. 
Gauss said: What I was suggesting was that you create an attribute in the Attributes and Abilities tab. You don't need to know what the attribute of the item would be.  However, if you provide a screenshot of the section in question (please provide the entire page so I have reference points) I can see if I can find the attribute name for it.  Ah, I see what you mean, that's what I'm already doing. But I want it to keep track of the Arrows in the inventory, so that it tracks bulk and price held, etc. Basically I change it on the token, and it changes in the character sheet, and vice versa.

Edited 1705908174
What I want is to put the number in the qty box to be put in the token, and updated when I adjust it from the token, and for the token to update when I adjust it from that box. Basically the way Health would update, or AC. Otherwise I have to manually update the inventory after every fight, or update the token every time my named NPCs acquire new ammunition (And I'd like to enable the same for my player's PCs). Would rather find a way to where once I adjust the number from either source, it applies to both the character's inventory and the token.

Edited 1705941033
Gauss
Forum Champion
I need the full screenshot please so that I know where this is located.  Wolfgang A. said: Gauss  said: However, if you provide a screenshot of the section in question (please provide the entire page so I have reference points) I can see if I can find the attribute name for it. 

Edited 1705971284
Gauss said: I need the full screenshot please so that I know where this is located.  Alrighty, basically, the QTY box next to the Arrow entry on the left window that says "20", I want to be bound to Bar 3 in the Token settings on the right window, which corresponds to the red circle on the token below the right window. What I do know is the box will be labeled as @{worn_quantity}, but if I open any other items in the worn section, they will have the same attribute.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Short version, no.  Repeating fields are not directly accessible by the Token Attributes.  If your GM has a Pro account then there is a way to do this via a Script.  Wolfgang A. said: Gauss said: I need the full screenshot please so that I know where this is located.  Alrighty, basically, the QTY box next to the Arrow entry on the left window that says "20", I want to be bound to Bar 3 in the Token settings on the right window, which corresponds to the red circle on the token below the right window. What I do know is the box will be labeled as @{worn_quantity}, but if I open any other items in the worn section, they will have the same attribute.
Gauss said: Short version, no.  Repeating fields are not directly accessible by the Token Attributes.  If your GM has a Pro account then there is a way to do this via a Script.  Again, I am the GM. But good to know there is a script to consider if I ever consider upgrading.

Edited 1705983102
Gauss
Forum Champion
Wolfgang A. said: Again, I am the GM.  Sorry, hard to hold all the various threads in my old brain. :D
Per earlier posts, here is the bare minimum of Paizo releases that we have planned for the next few months: January (PF1e) Return of the Runelords AP 4 of 6 - Temple of the Peacock Spirit February (PF1e) Return of the Runelords AP 5 of 6 - The City Outside of Time March (PF1e) Return of the Runelords AP 6 of 6 - Rise of New Thassilon (PF2e) Pathfinder Monster Core (PF2e) Seven Dooms for Sandpoint April (PF1e) Return of the Runelords APs 1, 2, and 3 (updates) Return of the Runelords is something that previous folks at Roll20 never finished and the current team was passionate about getting back to so as not to permanently leave folks on the hook halfway through the AP. So we are releasing 4,5 and 6 and then also returning to the Roll20 implemenations of 1,2,3 and updating them to include support for all new Roll20 features that have come out since those were originally released (e.g. Page Folders). Previous purchasers of 1, 2, and 3 will get the updated version for free of course. We are currently juggling a couple options for SF 1e support so I cannot yet report the schedule for that. There could also be more additions to the schedule of PF releases above, and we will announce those once we can confirm them. Steve
Glad to see Seven Dooms will be available, and continuing with Core.
Victor S. said: Hi all, I was trying to setup a sheet for my ranger, and noticed that any damage entered into the Effects or Additional Damage fields is displayed separately, and does not get doubled on a critical hit. My understanding is that the Effects field can be used for things like Precision Hunter's Edge, and Additional Damage - for property rune damage, but as things are, these are not counted towards the crit. Is this intentional, or a bug? Or am I misunderstanding how to use the sheet? Thanks Hey Victor,     Your understanding is correct here - the legacy sheet uses some outdated roll parsing techniques that are in need of an update when it comes to critical hit calculation.  The Effects and Additional Damage fields are left out of any auto-rolled critical damage, and should be counted as doubled by the user on a crit, in addition to the displayed crit damage.  You can include this damage in the auto-roll by sticking it in the "Other" field instead (or duplicating it in critical-only damage) - that'll get it to double automatically with the rest of the roll, correctly, but also can lose some important context like damage type or source.  Personally, I usually turn on the Chat Button option for crits, and set up the critical-only field to represent just the added damage (using "Don't Double Critical Damage Roll").   The better roll parsing we've implemented on sheets since would present a fix for this issue (as well as the option to double, rather than fully reroll, critical damage), but has some obstacles for implementation in pf2 specifically.  I'll give it a fresh look, though!  
Some feedback after running Little Trouble in Big Absalom in Roll20 as my groups first foray into Pathfinder 2e. It would be good if we could set a compendium option to filter out the Legacy items in the compendium, we were trying to go by the content from the two new Player and GM Core books duplication of content was confusing. The Player Core "Explorer's Clothing" doesn't correctly calculate 'Unarmed Defence' AC. (The legacy one does work). During character generation we had to drag and drop Ancestry, Background, Class in that order otherwise the character sheet charactermancer would seem to get confused and get stuck forever loading. (This was mainly found by people dragging in class first). As the GM, I felt I could really do with some support in handling conditions on monsters. The player sheet has the section for all the conditions, which list lacking on the monster condensed stat block. I know you can switch the sheet style, but all the extra player clutter in monsters isn't ideal either. Given monsters typically share an instance of a sheet, this probably needs to be built into the token instance for the monster. I feel what I'd love here, is to be able to in the context of each token apply conditions. In past games we've used different icons for this but pathfinder simply has too many conditions to keep track of for this. Even if it was only tracking the condition name and a number and would input that into the chat for that creature instance's rolls it would be a benefit. So you'd see some like: Lawn Crawfish : Dazzled, Sickened 1, Blind, Enfeebled 1, Stun 1, etc  And then its action details, so you've at least got the condition list laid out to allow you to go through all the maths. Keeping this game agnostic, an enumerated pick list of condition names plus a count from 1-9 would be great.
Steve W. said: Per earlier posts, here is the bare minimum of Paizo releases that we have planned for the next few months: January (PF1e) Return of the Runelords AP 4 of 6 - Temple of the Peacock Spirit February (PF1e) Return of the Runelords AP 5 of 6 - The City Outside of Time March (PF1e) Return of the Runelords AP 6 of 6 - Rise of New Thassilon (PF2e) Pathfinder Monster Core (PF2e) Seven Dooms for Sandpoint April (PF1e) Return of the Runelords APs 1, 2, and 3 (updates) Return of the Runelords is something that previous folks at Roll20 never finished and the current team was passionate about getting back to so as not to permanently leave folks on the hook halfway through the AP. So we are releasing 4,5 and 6 and then also returning to the Roll20 implemenations of 1,2,3 and updating them to include support for all new Roll20 features that have come out since those were originally released (e.g. Page Folders). Previous purchasers of 1, 2, and 3 will get the updated version for free of course. We are currently juggling a couple options for SF 1e support so I cannot yet report the schedule for that. There could also be more additions to the schedule of PF releases above, and we will announce those once we can confirm them. Steve Wow, this is absolutely fantastic that you guys are finishing up Return of the Runelords. I know it's probably a dream, but I'd really love it if we could see Carrion Crown and Strange Aeons on roll20 one day.

Edited 1706558188
Hello everyone, I have a problem: whenever I use an action (say, a spell) and look at the chat message, I cannot see the symbol for the number of action I used on the left of the message (so the 1-2-3-Free symbols), but I see the ones from other people in my group.  The problem persists even though I use actions from their character sheets that I can see cause that symbol to happen. Is not seeing your own action number something that always happened, and I noticed it just now, or did something happen? And how can I fix it, if possible? On that matter, if I look at the chat resulting from an Action to try and use that as a Token Macro, I see that the template rolls section has "official sections" called "info01_name=^xxx"; if I change the name inside of it to something different, the chat shows it in red and between parentheses, and I have to remove the "^" and the parentheses to make it look normal. Where can I read something to help me with these kind of stuff? Thanks everyone!
Matteo L. said: On that matter, if I look at the chat resulting from an Action to try and use that as a Token Macro, I see that the template rolls section has "official sections" called "info01_name=^xxx"; if I change the name inside of it to something different, the chat shows it in red and between parentheses, and I have to remove the "^" and the parentheses to make it look normal. Where can I read something to help me with these kind of stuff? I can't really help you with the first part -- my first question would be whether you're setting the number of actions, but if it's happening with other characters and does not happen with them, I don't have any idea. The second part, that I can help with.  If I recall correctly, the code that has the ^{} around it is used by the translation matrix.  So, where you might see Enchantment, a person running in Spanish might see Encantamiento.  (Note: I do not speak Spanish, I used a search engine's translator.)  Obviously, if you use a word they don't have translation for, it will error out -- that's why it's showing in red.  If you want to change the text and not worry about translation, just remove that stuff.
Joel F. said: Obviously, if you use a word they don't have translation for, it will error out -- that's why it's showing in red.  If you want to change the text and not worry about translation, just remove that stuff. This is exactly correct. Most of our translation keys are in all lowercase, (e.g. "^{Class}" would produce an error, but "^{class}" would work) so keep that in mind if you're entering something in this manner by hand.
Matteo L. said: Hello everyone, I have a problem: whenever I use an action (say, a spell) and look at the chat message, I cannot see the symbol for the number of action I used on the left of the message (so the 1-2-3-Free symbols), but I see the ones from other people in my group.  The problem persists even though I use actions from their character sheets that I can see cause that symbol to happen. Is not seeing your own action number something that always happened, and I noticed it just now, or did something happen? And how can I fix it, if possible? Hey Matteo!     There is an setting in Options on your sheet to toggle these action icons on/off, " SHOW ACTION ICON FOR ACTIONS, FEATS AND SPELLS"   in Rolls General Options.  I'd check there first - but if I'm understanding you correctly, it sounds like the icons aren't appearing when you send to chat from other players' sheets as well; even if it appears when they roll from their own sheet.  I'm not immediately certain why that would be happening, as those options should be determined at sheet level.  I'd double check that the setting is toggled on for both sheets, but if that doesn't make any difference, let me know.

Edited 1706602575
Bronson H. said: Hey Matteo!     There is an setting in Options on your sheet to toggle these action icons on/off, " SHOW ACTION ICON FOR ACTIONS, FEATS AND SPELLS"   in Rolls General Options.  I'd check there first - but if I'm understanding you correctly, it sounds like the icons aren't appearing when you send to chat from other players' sheets as well; even if it appears when they roll from their own sheet.  I'm not immediately certain why that would be happening, as those options should be determined at sheet level.  I'd double check that the setting is toggled on for both sheets, but if that doesn't make any difference, let me know. Ok, so... I had an idea and it worked: I started by actually highlighting the chat, and I noticed that the space where the action icons are was not empty, and a "RC->Save image" did save the action icon in question.  So, what was the problem then? Dark mode . While the other player's chat is visible, somewhat, t he background of my actions is lighter, and as such it's basically invisible. Edit: here, look:     (You can barely see, in the second picture, a 1-action icon) So, I "fixed it" by going back to light mode. Now that it's not a problem anymore (and hey, thanks for the help/support everyone , you inspired me finding the solution), I'd instead ask if that's something that only happens to me because of my PC screen settings, or something that is a problem for all dark mode users. If the latter, can it be fixed somewhat? I do prefer dark mode, but it's useless to me right now. Thanks again!
This BUG with Darkmode exists for as long as Darkmode in VTT was introduced... It's a shame that this bug STILL exists AND it is annoying that Dark Mode in VTT is enabled by default and that you need to disable it.
Steve W. said: Per earlier posts, here is the bare minimum of Paizo releases that we have planned for the next few months: January (PF1e) Return of the Runelords AP 4 of 6 - Temple of the Peacock Spirit February (PF1e) Return of the Runelords AP 5 of 6 - The City Outside of Time March (PF1e) Return of the Runelords AP 6 of 6 - Rise of New Thassilon (PF2e) Pathfinder Monster Core (PF2e) Seven Dooms for Sandpoint April (PF1e) Return of the Runelords APs 1, 2, and 3 (updates) Return of the Runelords is something that previous folks at Roll20 never finished and the current team was passionate about getting back to so as not to permanently leave folks on the hook halfway through the AP. So we are releasing 4,5 and 6 and then also returning to the Roll20 implemenations of 1,2,3 and updating them to include support for all new Roll20 features that have come out since those were originally released (e.g. Page Folders). Previous purchasers of 1, 2, and 3 will get the updated version for free of course. We are currently juggling a couple options for SF 1e support so I cannot yet report the schedule for that. There could also be more additions to the schedule of PF releases above, and we will announce those once we can confirm them. Steve Thanks for keeping to your word (Post) Steve, hoping there will be a lot more there in the future, I'll start another Paizo Products thread in the Market forum compared to cluttering up more here.  And hopefully others can post on what they might want to see.  I've done many there before and once in a while I even get a reply, or two.  :) Tom
Is anyone having weird issues with their Compendium? One of my players was looking for the "Shield" spell, but could only find Glass Shield and Fire Shield (Pre and Post Remaster) When I search "Shield" I ONLY saw the Shield spell (pre and post remaster) When I went into a different room and searched Shield, I saw Shield Other (Legacy), Shielding Strike, Shield Other, Shield (Legacy), Glass Shield, Shielded Arm. So in one case, we have no shield spell (My players view when he searches shield) In the next case, we have ONLY the shield spell (My view when I search shield) In the last case, we have Legacy Shield spell, but not the remaster Shield spell. *My view when I search shield in a different one of my rooms)

Edited 1706726755
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Nelson V.,  The New Compendium still has issues that need to be worked out.  Please let the Devs know by filling a bug report via the Help Center and/or by posting in the New Compendium thread in the Announcement forum.  In the meantime I suggest switching back to the Old Compendium. You can do that by going to the My Settings tab in your game. There is a settings switch for the Compendium.
New to Roll20, and having an issue with certain spells that deal different damage types from the compendium. The example I have is as follows:  These 2 spells were pulled straight from the compendium, and I edited the name as they are for different situations. Now, it has a cast 2 and 3 option, as, depending on the situation this spell can do fire, light and positive damage, which is what should be the effects on 1st 2nd and 3rd cast. However, the second and third casts still display as fire damage, and I'm not seeing any way of directly editing them. I did scour the web for several hours trying to find a resolution before posting, but is there a way to edit those 2nd and 3rd casting numbers? This is from the Lost Omens Character Guide.
I'm not quite sure what you're asking here.  Sun Blade doesn't have a variable action cost -- it's always two actions.  Which means I'm probably just not understanding what you're asking. I also don't have the compendium on my table, so I can't drag it out there, so if you can provide an example of the output, that would be helpful?  Alternatively, show the expanded version of the spell? These are the conditions for the spell: 1d4 Fire, plus 1d4 good if the target is evil, plus 1d4 positive damage if the target is undead.  Casting in bright natural sunlight increases the d4s to d6s.  It's heightened (+1) increasing each die appropriately. As such, what it SHOULD be doing is giving you fire damage, then, as additional damage, saying <x> good damage if the target is evil, and <y> positive damage if the target is undead.
Avimage said: New to Roll20, and having an issue with certain spells that deal different damage types from the compendium. The example I have is as follows:  The "#2" and "3" are there to use if the spell is modified by the multiple attack penalty, not the number of actions used.
Dr DM said: The "#2" and "3" are there to use if the spell is modified by the multiple attack penalty, not the number of actions used. And that's why I was confused, yeah.  So, yes, the #2 and #3 are put on any spell that has the attack set on.  That way if you, for example, attacked with a weapon and then the spell, you could click the #2 to get the proper attack bonus.  But that doesn't change what type of damage the spell does. (Also note that the spell has/will change with the remaster, since evil and positive damage types no longer exist in it.  But since this a Champion spell, it won't be directly effected until Player Core 2 comes out.)
These are the conditions for the spell: 1d4 Fire, plus 1d4 good if the target is evil, plus 1d4 positive damage if the target is undead.  Casting in bright natural sunlight increases the d4s to d6s.  It's heightened (+1) increasing each die appropriately. As such, what it SHOULD be doing is giving you fire damage, then, as additional damage, saying <x> good damage if the target is evil, and <y> positive damage if the target is undead. Yeah it should be giving the other damage rolls as well I would assume, and then you would apply it as such. However, this is all that comes up:  I mean, its easy enough to roll the individual dice as required, if the additional attacks were set up for the attack set instead. I would just assume that it would roll the additional damages without a manual roll.
Sounds like something Roll20 Staff should look into fixing (their version of the compendium), but I can help you with this for now. Sun Blade is a devotion (focus) spell, which means that it levels up automatically as you level up.  In the attack and damage section of the spell, make the following changes: Under the DAMAGE header, change it from 1d4 to [[ ceil( ( @{level} - 2 ) / 2 ) ]]d4cf0cs0 Under the ADDITIONAL DAMAGE header, add: [[ [[ ceil( ( @{level} - 2 ) / 2 ) ]]d4cf0cs0 ]] good (if target is evil), [[ [[ ceil( ( @{level} - 2 ) / 2 ) ]]d4cf0cs0 ]] positive (if target is undead) (You don't actually need the 'cf0cs0' parts -- those just turn off the red if you roll a 1, green if you roll a 4, or blue if you roll both.) Of course, for the d6 version, change the d4 references to d6s.  This code will automatically update and roll the proper number of dice as your Champion level increases.  So, you'll eventually get something like this:
That worked perfectly. Thanks so much :)
Hello, I don't know if this is a problem or not. I am trying to make a character using the Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 character sheet and when I leave the ability scores as the default 10 it doesn't show up on the sheet and doesn't show the modifier for it either. Is there a way to fix this? 
Michael said: Hello, I don't know if this is a problem or not. I am trying to make a character using the Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 character sheet and when I leave the ability scores as the default 10 it doesn't show up on the sheet and doesn't show the modifier for it either. Is there a way to fix this?  Hey Michael,        Yep, looks like a bug with Roll20Characters, those placeholders aren't appearing initially.  I'll take a look! As a temporary workaround, if you change an ability from 10 to something else, click out of the input, then change it back to 10, that should prompt it to show modifier and score.  
Ok I'll try that thank you.
A couple were asking about Player Core 2 and Monster Core were getting the same treatment as Player Core and GM Core in another forum (Specific Questions), I asked there as well, but figure this might be a better spot? I am looking at getting the bundle of the two items, but I want an answer to this question first as I have every core and setting book through Paizo, most purchased through here. I will be getting these as well, just a matter if I am purchasing here or there. I would love them to be included here as I have already invested a significant amount here, and will still be grabbing Seven Dooms if you have that day one as previously mentioned.
Hi,  I can't find the Lost Omens: Impossible Lands book in the marketplace. Was there an issue with it? It was released late 2022, so I expected it to be around.
They did not do that book sadly Tom