Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20

Bronson H. said: The new Core books and Legacy content live in the same compendium, and can be used in the same game!  Your GM can block out books your group doesn’t use in game settings, as usual - but there’s no need to create a brand new game to try out Core content. This also means you can use Legacy content alongside new Core content on the same character, to mix and match old feats with the new if you’d like.  A big thank you to the Roll20 team to handling the remaster in this way. This allows me to keep running my Edgewatch campaign with the old ruleset (my players are not yet interested in shifting to Remastered/replacing their rulebooks), along with playing/judging Pathfinder Society using the new rules. I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief!

Edited 1700146601
Trying to read the GM Core in the out-of-game Compendium, but every link in the table of contents seems to just have the introduction to that section rather than the full content. The old Gamemastery Guide seems to have the full text, so I'm guessing this is an issue and not intended to make me read in-game? Edit: Looks like the Player Core has the same issue in some places. Movement, specifically is lacking the full text. Both Cores only have a paragraph on Encounter Mode, Exploration Mode, and Downtime Mode. Might be good to have someone review all the sections, since I just poked around.
Danielle said: Trying to read the GM Core in the out-of-game Compendium, but every link in the table of contents seems to just have the introduction to that section rather than the full content.  I think that if you click the "View All Rules" at the bottom right, it is supposed to take you to the specific rules for the section. However, Roll20 always times out now when I do that.
Danielle said: Trying to read the GM Core in the out-of-game Compendium, but every link in the table of contents seems to just have the introduction to that section rather than the full content. The old Gamemastery Guide seems to have the full text, so I'm guessing this is an issue and not intended to make me read in-game? Edit: Looks like the Player Core has the same issue in some places. Movement, specifically is lacking the full text. Both Cores only have a paragraph on Encounter Mode, Exploration Mode, and Downtime Mode. Might be good to have someone review all the sections, since I just poked around. Hi Danielle - the team is currently performing updates to make this a better experience, it's expected to be complete and launched later today. Thanks for your patience, and for your feedback!

Edited 1700237371
Sorry if this is the wrong place or has been brought up before I dont use the forums as often as I should and couldn't find an answer for this on google. Was updating my spell damage for the remaster and noticed the bonus damage (from the box that pops up if you have the option 'bonus to damage' checked in the option menu) is showing under spell damage but isn't actually added. It shows the 4 I put in for bonus damage from psyche unleashed by it isn't added into the damage number shown, just the rolls. This only happens with spells, it works fine with attacks still. Anyone have an idea of how to fix that / if there is a fix or is it just bugged atm?  
Drathmar said: Sorry if this is the wrong place or has been brought up before I dont use the forums as often as I should and couldn't find an answer for this on google. Was updating my spell damage for the remaster and noticed the bonus damage (from the box that pops up if you have the option 'bonus to damage' checked in the option menu) is showing under spell damage but isn't actually added. It shows the 4 I put in for bonus damage from psyche unleashed by it isn't added into the damage number shown, just the rolls. This only happens with spells, it works fine with attacks still. Anyone have an idea of how to fix that / if there is a fix or is it just bugged atm? Hey Drathmar, Can confirm this is a bug.  I'll look into it, but as a temporary fix, putting a "0" into the "OTHER" field for damage on that particular spell should get calculations working again.  I'll update when a proper fix is in.
Bronson H. said: Drathmar said: Sorry if this is the wrong place or has been brought up before I dont use the forums as often as I should and couldn't find an answer for this on google. Was updating my spell damage for the remaster and noticed the bonus damage (from the box that pops up if you have the option 'bonus to damage' checked in the option menu) is showing under spell damage but isn't actually added. It shows the 4 I put in for bonus damage from psyche unleashed by it isn't added into the damage number shown, just the rolls. This only happens with spells, it works fine with attacks still. Anyone have an idea of how to fix that / if there is a fix or is it just bugged atm? Hey Drathmar, Can confirm this is a bug.  I'll look into it, but as a temporary fix, putting a "0" into the "OTHER" field for damage on that particular spell should get calculations working again.  I'll update when a proper fix is in. Thank you! That worked for now. 
Any idea when the eratta will be added or did you get that from Paizo as it was a day 1 eratta, and anything on those other books that got it the same day? Thanks Tom
Tom said: Any idea when the eratta will be added or did you get that from Paizo as it was a day 1 eratta, and anything on those other books that got it the same day? Hey Tom! Our compendium team will be updating the errata as soon as possible
Good to know Nora thanks for the quick reply!! Tom

Edited 1700869516
The Player Core Wizard is not correct yet it still reads the same as original 2E wizard.  is there an update on when that will be fixed? As in when you choose Wizard (PC) it just gives you teh same as the regular 2e wizard. No new schools. And all teh spells are the same is there an ETA on those updates as well?
Robert B. said: The Player Core Wizard is not correct yet it still reads the same as original 2E wizard.  is there an update on when that will be fixed? As in when you choose Wizard (PC) it just gives you teh same as the regular 2e wizard. No new schools. And all teh spells are the same is there an ETA on those updates as well? This is not what I'm seeing. I would make sure your page is looking at the right expansion in the drop-down at the top-right ("Player Core", not "Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rulebook"). If your problems persist, please file a request at our help desk.
Just a post in a Pathfindery place in forums to note that I still  owe Tom an answer  on Roll20's upcoming release schedule for PF and SF. We're still finalizing some plans and double-checking with Paizo which titles we can publicly talk about. I'll post when we've got things nailed down. Steve Wieck

Edited 1701574141
Compendium Question for Pathfinder 2e and Remaster material. I think I have this right, but before I explain it to my players, I want to check my understanding.  Things that have been re-written in the new version have the icon  PF2E on it.  Original second edition have the icon PC on it.   For people that want to keep the old version of somethings, but updates of others, there is a version marked (Legacy)  with a PF2 icon.  For example, the 'Daze' spell has the new and original version and the 3rd option marked legacy. The details of the original and the legacy 'appear' to be identical. However, with something that hasn't been altered in the remaster, there still seems to be two versions which also seem to be identical. A PC version and a PF2 (legacy) version. For example the feat "adaptive cantrip". I am assuming this is just so that DMs and players can filter their compendium selections into 'original PF2'  "hybrid" and "remastered", but I may be missing something. Is my understanding correct? Update I see this now appears to have changed.    This is what I had on 29th November, but today when I look at the same spell, the PF2E version has disappeared from the compendium.

Edited 1701529397
Tom
Pro
Steve W. said: Just a post in a Pathfindery place in forums to note that I still  owe Tom an answer  on Roll20's upcoming release schedule for PF and SF. We're still finalizing some plans and double-checking with Paizo which titles we can publicly talk about. I'll post when we've got things nailed down. Steve Wieck Thanks for getting back to me sir, QUITE refreshing and can't wait to see whats coming up so we don't have to "guess" so much on Paizo's every Month street date releases. :) Tom
By using the search function, I didn't find any recent posts, so I'll just ask here: Where am I supposed to note down my Archetype? And is there anything about the drag&drop function in the works already? Thanks! Lessa
You can drag the dedication feats onto the Feats section as appropriate. Lessa said: By using the search function, I didn't find any recent posts, so I'll just ask here: Where am I supposed to note down my Archetype? And is there anything about the drag&drop function in the works already? Thanks! Lessa
Okay, thanks.  But I have the problem that the dedication feat that I chose via Pathbuilder doesn't seem to exist; at least, I cannot find it by any means within my compendium. I have purchased the relevant source (APG), I tried with two different browsers (Opera / Firefox), and it will show me the archetype, but I cannot find the associated feat. (There is something that is called "Familiar Master: Familiar Master Dedication (Feat 2)", but it's not a feat, so I can't put it in.) Is this a bug or have I made any mistake?
It appears these have not been built into the "Minimancer" yet. I know, it has been 3 and half years for this specific book, and the best we can do as people who purchased this content is add it ourselves through copy and paste. You have not made a mistake, at least not in how you are trying to approach it.
Okay, thank you ^^ At least, I now know that it's not me being stupid. It's copy and paste, then.
So when I drag and drop Wizard Player Core into the pathfinder 2e sheet in the vault, then go to arcane school.,  I get the old schools listed. I havent gotten this for other classes with the player core (although I havent tried them all).  Should this be happening ?
I thought it wasn't implemented, too, until I saw the tiny dropdown menu at the very top of the page where you can choose the source. Choose Player Core 1.
Well I now see it showing up  which is good, but then when I actually build a Wizard for PF2e player core - it stays stuck on the "loading" part and never updates the character sheet.  The other classes seem to do okay, but the Wizard one will let you select all the drop downs, then when you click apply changes - gets stuck on "loading"  - tried multiple times. 
Nora C. said: Tom said: Any idea when the eratta will be added or did you get that from Paizo as it was a day 1 eratta, and anything on those other books that got it the same day? Hey Tom! Our compendium team will be updating the errata as soon as possible Any ETA on this yet? Thanks Tom
Steve W. said: Just a post in a Pathfindery place in forums to note that I still  owe Tom an answer  on Roll20's upcoming release schedule for PF and SF. We're still finalizing some plans and double-checking with Paizo which titles we can publicly talk about. I'll post when we've got things nailed down. Steve Wieck Any update on this as well please? Thanks Tom
Hi all! My game group is switching over from 5E to PF2e and we're getting ready to start learning the rules of the game together through a series of one-shots where we alternate GMs. Because of our relative unfamiliarity with the rules of PF2e, we had been using pathbuilder to make characters. We're now struggling with importing our characters onto the roll20 sheet. Is there an API or a quick hack to move sheets from pathbuilder to roll20's character sheet? Right now we're all a little overwhelmed with the process of learning new rules AND learning new technologies. Any help is appreciated and direct messages are fine. Thank you in advance! -Wayne
This may be of use. I think it requires the Pro level subscription and a browser add-on. I don't use Pathbuilder, so I am not sure how good these are. <a href="https://github.com/CelestinaDragoni/pathbuilder-roll20-conversion-tool" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/CelestinaDragoni/pathbuilder-roll20-conversion-tool</a> Wayne F. said: Hi all! My game group is switching over from 5E to PF2e and we're getting ready to start learning the rules of the game together through a series of one-shots where we alternate GMs. Because of our relative unfamiliarity with the rules of PF2e, we had been using pathbuilder to make characters. We're now struggling with importing our characters onto the roll20 sheet. Is there an API or a quick hack to move sheets from pathbuilder to roll20's character sheet? Right now we're all a little overwhelmed with the process of learning new rules AND learning new technologies. Any help is appreciated and direct messages are fine. Thank you in advance! -Wayne
Hey all - is there a reason removing a condition doesn't get rid of the temp modifiers on the character sheet? It's kind of frustrating to have a feature that automates it one way but doesn't appear to remove those modifiers when the condition goes away.&nbsp;
Chezident said: Hey all - is there a reason removing a condition doesn't get rid of the temp modifiers on the character sheet? It's kind of frustrating to have a feature that automates it one way but doesn't appear to remove those modifiers when the condition goes away.&nbsp; Yeah, it's weird when that happens.&nbsp; It doesn't do it all the time that I've seen, which might be part of the reason why they're having problems fixing it. Best bet?&nbsp; Reduce the condition to 0, then &nbsp;remove it.&nbsp; If you removed it with a value, add it back in, increment it up to the value it was before (or higher), then decrement it to 0 and remove it.&nbsp; The conditions setup sets the _temp values for items, which usually aren't even defined until the first time they are set.&nbsp; Afterwards, reducing them to 0 is your best bet. Likewise, if you use the temp variable (as I have done occasionally with level bumps), it will be overwritten.
Any news on the beta for the new character sheet? Last blog post about it said beta released by end of the year and I'm really interested in trying it out.
Tem said: Any news on the beta for the new character sheet? Last blog post about it said beta released by end of the year and I'm really interested in trying it out. Today's news: Roll20 Pathfinder Core Sheet Community Preview <a href="https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6sihc" rel="nofollow">https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6sihc</a> &nbsp;
Tem said: Any news on the beta for the new character sheet? Last blog post about it said beta released by end of the year and I'm really interested in trying it out. Tem - thank you for bringing this up, and at a perfect time! We released the work-in-progress sheet for community preview in Roll20 Characters today! You will see a lot more information and announcements on this tomorrow, but in the meantime this Landing Page will show you how to access the sheet and submit your feedback. We are excited to hear from you and the rest of the community to shape where the sheet goes next, so please stay tuned!
Tom said: Steve W. said: Just a post in a Pathfindery place in forums to note that I still&nbsp; owe Tom an answer&nbsp; on Roll20's upcoming release schedule for PF and SF. We're still finalizing some plans and double-checking with Paizo which titles we can publicly talk about. I'll post when we've got things nailed down. Steve Wieck Any update on this as well please? Thanks Tom No update yet. There are a couple reasons that I have not yet been able to post this. I think the primary one will be resolved by end of month. For now I'll see about at least posting the titles we know we're releasing in the coming couple months with the caveat that we hope to expand that list with a later, fuller update. I've been letting my anticipation of being able to post the bigger list get in the way of getting anything posted. Steve
Thanks for the quick reply Steve, no prob as long as we all see some progress in seeing whats coming up in the future instead of street date then we know what Roll20 is offering so us GM's can plan a lot better for future games.&nbsp; Kind of a big thing as if Roll20 won't carry something then there is a LOT of prep time one has to do to organically add the Adventure or rules book or whatnot into it by hand, compared to buying it all set to go pretty much, always some tweeking for party and GM tatse, but thats par for things like these. I am hoping Roll20 could have an official sticky post in the Market forum where you can update us on Paizo releases, and we can respond back .&nbsp; And if something announced does'nt hit the specific date given, should'nt be a problem as long as we know it is coming .&nbsp; So I know Roll20 might hesitate about critical replies if dates are missed but I think in the end it would be a big help to use PF II, and Starfinder players. And one central location everyone can at a glance see whats upcoming or ask if Product x might be considered by Roll20 . Can't wait to see the limited then later the expanded Paizo products list!! Tom
Any word on when Wizard for Player Core will be fixed on the current sheet?&nbsp; I mean I can type everything in, but doing drag and drop only leads to frustration as when you click "Apply Changes" it stays stuck at loading well pretty much until you close the sheet.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Lavi said: Tem said: Any news on the beta for the new character sheet? Last blog post about it said beta released by end of the year and I'm really interested in trying it out. Tem - thank you for bringing this up, and at a perfect time! We released the work-in-progress sheet for community preview in Roll20 Characters today! You will see a lot more information and announcements on this tomorrow, but in the meantime this Landing Page will show you how to access the sheet and submit your feedback. We are excited to hear from you and the rest of the community to shape where the sheet goes next, so please stay tuned! It's me again! Wanted to share that we started a new Forum discussion &nbsp;specifically for the community preview of the Pathfinder Second Edition Remaster sheet. This will help us better track and reply to the feedback from all of you!
Robert B. said: Any word on when Wizard for Player Core will be fixed on the current sheet?&nbsp; I mean I can type everything in, but doing drag and drop only leads to frustration as when you click "Apply Changes" it stays stuck at loading well pretty much until you close the sheet.&nbsp;&nbsp; Update on this - I was able to build all the Schools BUT the&nbsp; School of Unified Magical Theory.&nbsp; When you select School of UMT and click Apply Changes it just stays stuck on "Loading".&nbsp; ALl other wizard schools load.

Edited 1705248624
Wall of Thorns in the Pathfinder Compendium (Player Core) links to the Wall of Wind spell instead.
Anything yet on the Remaster day 1 errata yet? Thanks Tom
Another Update on this:&nbsp; So got some of Unified Magic Theory built - Looks like if you choose Spell Book prodigy Feat - that is when you get the continuous loading when you click apply. All other feats allow it to load. So there is somethign going on with UMT and Spellbook Prodigy that makes it unable to load when click apply changes. Robert B. said: Robert B. said: Any word on when Wizard for Player Core will be fixed on the current sheet?&nbsp; I mean I can type everything in, but doing drag and drop only leads to frustration as when you click "Apply Changes" it stays stuck at loading well pretty much until you close the sheet.&nbsp;&nbsp; Update on this - I was able to build all the Schools BUT the&nbsp; School of Unified Magical Theory.&nbsp; When you select School of UMT and click Apply Changes it just stays stuck on "Loading".&nbsp; ALl other wizard schools load.
Robert B. &nbsp;said: Another Update on this:&nbsp; So got some of Unified Magic Theory built - Looks like if you choose Spell Book prodigy Feat - that is when you get the continuous loading when you click apply. All other feats allow it to load. So there is somethign going on with UMT and Spellbook Prodigy that makes it unable to load when click apply changes. Hey Robert, &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Aha, thanks for the update on this - I've spotted the bug, the sheet seems to be failing to add the attached Magical Shorthand feat in the mancer.&nbsp; We'll get a fix in shortly!&nbsp;&nbsp; - Bronson

Edited 1705436178
Nora C.
Roll20 Team
Tom said: Anything yet on the Remaster day 1 errata yet? Thanks Tom Hi there! Thanks for waiting on this. Our conversion team will be on this as soon as time allows! We're just seeking some clarifications
Dresdon said: Wall of Thorns in the Pathfinder Compendium (Player Core) links to the Wall of Wind spell instead. Thanks for highlighting! We passed this on to our content team to take a look.
Nora C. said: Tom said: Anything yet on the Remaster day 1 errata yet? Thanks Tom Hi there! Thanks for waiting on this. Our conversion team will be on this as soon as time allows! We're just seeking some clarifications Thanks Nora!! Tom
Robert B. &nbsp;said: Another Update on this:&nbsp; So got some of Unified Magic Theory built - Looks like if you choose Spell Book prodigy Feat - that is when you get the continuous loading when you click apply. All other feats allow it to load. So there is somethign going on with UMT and Spellbook Prodigy that makes it unable to load when click apply changes. Hey Robert, &nbsp; &nbsp; This should now be fixed!&nbsp; Thanks for the report &amp; follow-ups
Lavi said: Dresdon said: Wall of Thorns in the Pathfinder Compendium (Player Core) links to the Wall of Wind spell instead. Thanks for highlighting! We passed this on to our content team to take a look. Hi Dresdon! We made the update! You'll need to re-drag that entry from the compendium to see the update in your game.
Awesome. Thank you for the hard work getting the pages fixed :) Bronson H. said: Robert B. &nbsp;said: Another Update on this:&nbsp; So got some of Unified Magic Theory built - Looks like if you choose Spell Book prodigy Feat - that is when you get the continuous loading when you click apply. All other feats allow it to load. So there is somethign going on with UMT and Spellbook Prodigy that makes it unable to load when click apply changes. Hey Robert, &nbsp; &nbsp; This should now be fixed!&nbsp; Thanks for the report &amp; follow-ups
Hi all, I was trying to setup a sheet for my ranger, and noticed that any damage entered into the Effects or Additional Damage fields is displayed separately, and does not get doubled on a critical hit. My understanding is that the Effects field can be used for things like Precision Hunter's Edge, and Additional Damage - for property rune damage, but as things are, these are not counted towards the crit. Is this intentional, or a bug? Or am I misunderstanding how to use the sheet? Thanks