Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20

@Tom Wondering if you caught the livestream Q&A last night, just wondering if there was anything on PF2 content.

Edited 1682137329
Feature Request : Expand the Strike Modifier section to include options for DCs (i.e. class DC, spell DC, Armor Class , etc), saving throw modifiers, skill modifiers, and Perception modifiers.  I'd also love if it added 10 hit points or 10% of current hit points, whichever is higher, but that's easy enough to implement separately.  This would make it far easier to use Pathfinder Society's Level Bump system (coincidentally, that's who it would help too).  I'd also recommend adding an "Untyped" option, as these numbers are not Status or Circumstance additions. Feature Request : (I may have suggested this before.)  Expand the Class/Spell DC/Attack section to account for those that have multiple types.  For example, someone playing a Cleric/Bard like me uses their Wisdom for their cleric spell DCs and Charisma for bard spell DCs. Feature Request : An additional notes section - or possibly a flag on a case-by-case basis - that is simply displayed when the relevant section (attributes, saves, skills, etc) is opened, but NOT  sent to the chat window.  I commonly track when things change (skill training, attribute boosts at 5th level, etc) that are useful to ME, but not necessarily useful to others.  At the same time, there are things that are situationally useful (such as a bonus to Thievery when using certain actions), which would need to be displayed.
Watched it, PF2 was briefly address at the end. Showed they have some pre charactermancer stuff in, but didn't address removing it from the page or a time frame, only been 4 years. Jariath said: @Tom Wondering if you caught the livestream Q&A last night, just wondering if there was anything on PF2 content.
Thanks for the heads up Bronson, thats nice to have the templates.  Anything yet on getting those conditions in the sheet as well? Thanks Tom
The Pathfinder 2e Core Rulebook compendium seems very out of date. Has Roll20 not updated the content to the 4th printing of the CRB?

Edited 1682603435
Tom
Pro
Note all the core rule books will be "remastered"&nbsp; &nbsp; <a href="https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6siae?Pathfinder-Second-Edition-Remaster-Project#discuss" rel="nofollow">https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6siae?Pathfinder-Second-Edition-Remaster-Project#discuss</a> When Roll20 will get this done remains to be seen, a shame as I did like whats coming up for the sheet and the new drag and drop features, not charactermancer, but better than what we have now. Basically they are dropping Alignment and going with a more descriptive tags ( IE Greedy, Glutton and so on) and stats,&nbsp; (will just have the +1, +2 Modifiers).&nbsp; And a lot of word changes so the books will be fully "ORCed", as well as erata old and new, plus tweeks from lessons learned from the past 4 years as they have to have this second go at the books to totally cut ties with the OGL.&nbsp;&nbsp; We have Hasbro and the OGL mess to thank for that....... Witch, Alchemist, Champion and Oracle will have bigger class changes, others less so.&nbsp; Rogue will get Marshal weapon profs, Wizards finally get simple weapons prof. Monsters changing a bit and dragons will get a heavy update, all the books now will work with minimal changes, We will get a lot more at a 2 hour PaizoCON panel at the end of May Tom :)
The compendium is also not consistent with the drag n drop feature. I looked at Dubious Knowledge on Roll20, and the text is noticeably different from the 4th printing, but it at least mentions that it doesn't work on a crit fail. Drag that very feat onto your character sheet, however, and any mention of a critical fail is missing.
Hello all!&nbsp; Dropping back in to provide an update on our drag &amp; drop work.&nbsp; We are wrapping up development for Ancestries &amp; Heritages and are now moving on to getting the data set up to be draggable – see it in action here !&nbsp; We are expecting to have Ancestries/Heritages drag &amp; drop released by early June, with at least Core Rule Book &amp; Advanced Player’s Guide support.&nbsp; Additional content is actively being updated as well and will be released as they are available.&nbsp; Drag &amp; Drop for Classes &amp; Backgrounds is also in flight, and you can expect those later in the summer.&nbsp;&nbsp; I also want to call out the other pieces of feedback mentioned since my last update that have come up. I'm tracking them and working on if and where they could fall after we wrap up the drag &amp; drop work. I can say for certain that we’ll be looking at the toggles for other sheets (like we have for Alchemy) - you should see that released in the next 2-3 weeks.&nbsp; We’re also looking into support for 2nd/3rd attacks on the Alchemy tab, I’ll have an update on that next time around!
Good news. I'm sure I saw this somewhere, but I can't find anything through a search: is there a fix for sheet elements constantly turning to "Custom" ability rather than the default or assigned ability?
Dr DM said: Good news. I'm sure I saw this somewhere, but I can't find anything through a search: is there a fix for sheet elements constantly turning to "Custom" ability rather than the default or assigned ability? Is this happening for any specific sheet elements?&nbsp; Or just on ability dropdowns across the sheet?&nbsp; You can try clearing the dropdown's ability and ability_select attributes in the attributes and abilities tab to reset the element, then pick the correct ability again, but if it's jumping back to custom at all when you set the ability dropdown manually, that's a bug I can look into.&nbsp; Are any conditions enabled on the sheet?
Dr DM said: is there a fix for sheet elements constantly turning to "Custom" ability rather than the default or assigned ability? I believe this happens when you use the Tab key to move past the item in question instead of clicking on the area you want with the mouse.&nbsp; At least, that's when it's happened to me.

Edited 1682728497
Bronson H. said: Dr DM said: Good news. I'm sure I saw this somewhere, but I can't find anything through a search: is there a fix for sheet elements constantly turning to "Custom" ability rather than the default or assigned ability? Is this happening for any specific sheet elements?&nbsp; Or just on ability dropdowns across the sheet?&nbsp; You can try clearing the dropdown's ability and ability_select attributes in the attributes and abilities tab to reset the element, then pick the correct ability again, but if it's jumping back to custom at all when you set the ability dropdown manually, that's a bug I can look into.&nbsp; Are any conditions enabled on the sheet? No conditions on the sheet since I noticed the change. But I recently reset all my skills to the correct abilities and many of them are back to "Custom" in the drop down.&nbsp; Just checked the PCs in the game I run, and it looks like for a couple of them, all their skills have become set to "Custom" rather than the default abilities as well.
Hey folks, Just dropping in with a status update: we're still making progress on the advanced drag and drop features. Our internal builds for ancestries and heritages are almost feature complete, and we're in the thick of updating all of the existing compendium content to leverage the new functionality.&nbsp; Once we're closer to a release we'll update again. Thanks for your patience!
I don't know if anyone else has posted, and I don't have any pictures but it will not let me adjust my spell proficiency or Spell Save DC there is just no gear popping up.
Hi Dungeon Master, Thanks for the report; we're looking into this and should have a fix shortly.
Dungeon Master said: I don't know if anyone else has posted, and I don't have any pictures but it will not let me adjust my spell proficiency or Spell Save DC there is just no gear popping up. Just want to confirm I have the same problem.
Hey all Spell Save/Attack settings gears should be fixed now, and you should be able to access those fields again.

Edited 1683759746
Bronson H. said: Hey all Spell Save/Attack settings gears should be fixed now, and you should be able to access those fields again. We appreciate the quick work!
Feature Request: Add an option to set the PC sheet between hidden in public rolls. Currently, to switch a sheet so that only the game master can see, I have to switch the sheet to NPC mode, then back to PC mode.
Wolfgang A. said: Feature Request: Add an option to set the PC sheet between hidden in public rolls. Currently, to switch a sheet so that only the game master can see, I have to switch the sheet to NPC mode, then back to PC mode. Click the little box symbol all the way to the left of the character sheet, on the line that has the character, spells, alchemy, and options selectors.&nbsp; You'll see it change color.&nbsp; When it's like that, all rolls are whispered to the GM.&nbsp; When it's off (the default), rolls are public.
Hey all, I checked recent posts here and didn't see anything, sorry if this is already being discussed: I might be missing something, but it appears that several areas of the compendium for PF2E cannot have results filtered? I just grabbed the Paizo Month bundle but am finding it impossibly to navigate items, spells, etc. If this isn't a bug, is this something that's being worked on?
Joel F. said: Click the little box symbol all the way to the left of the character sheet, on the line that has the character, spells, alchemy, and options selectors.&nbsp; You'll see it change color.&nbsp; When it's like that, all rolls are whispered to the GM.&nbsp; When it's off (the default), rolls are public. Thank you very much! You have no idea how long I've been scouring the sheets for that button. I never would have thought to look there.
No problem.&nbsp; For those wondering about their own created token macros, so long as you use the whispertype feature, it will obey the character sheet's settings.&nbsp; To select that for your currently selected token, that means you precede the text of the macro with @{selected|whispertype}
Feature Request: Add a Price QTY Box, and seperate automatic pricing congregation from Bulk QTY. Some items don't combine their Bulk, but combine their price. Not sure if there are any cases of the vice versa, but there should probably be a feature to separate them.
This may be slightly off topic, but I can't see a better place in the rest of the community to ask it. I'm fairly new to PF2e, and playing my first character with a familiar.&nbsp; How is the best way to handle this in Roll20. As far as I can see, the sheets don't have a familiar option?

Edited 1684547868
Gauss
Forum Champion
The general method for handling familiars is to give you the creature to control.&nbsp; Ie: if the familiar is a Raven, they create a Raven character sheet and token for you (either from scratch or via the compendium).
I would recommend not using the default creature stats and changing them to the proper familiar stats. But otherwise, give the player control over the familiar character. I do something similar for eidolons.
Found an error in the Core Rulebook compedium. The Adventurer's pack has an incorrect price listing, at 7 sp, instead of 15 sp.
We need an option to do a blind GM roll option too.
And an easy way for the GM to roll in a characters sheet that the players can't see as well would be nice for those secret skill checks.&nbsp; Kind of a pain to get all the skill bonuses for 6 players on a list then secret GM roll em in game.&nbsp;&nbsp; And also again NPC sheet conditions, otherwise use the PC sheet as the monster ones, again a pain in the butt for GM's Tom
Thank you to the people that helped me with the familiar issue, a couple of days ago. Is there anyway to give my familiar darkvision as a familiar ability under the current character sheet?&nbsp; These abilities don't seem to be in the compendium, so I just don't know how to edit it in?
I'm not quite sure what is meant by a blind GM roll.&nbsp; (Then again, it's 01:30 in the morning for me.) However, there IS code that can be used to roll on a character's sheet without the players seeing, for secret rolls.&nbsp; It's a macro.&nbsp; Set it up, and if you use a certain extension that gets a bad rap because of ANOTHER extension abusing its capability, and you can just select a bunch of tokens and it will do the rolls for you.&nbsp; You set it up as a token action and then only give access to yourself/the GM. Here's the code - currently only set for Perception, Arcana, Crafting, Diplomacy, Medicine, Nature, Occultism, Religion, Society, and Stealth, but easy enough to add others: /w gm **@{selected|character_name}** secret ?{What secrets...&nbsp; &nbsp;| Perception,&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Perception&nbsp; [[1d20+@{selected|perception}]]&nbsp; @{selected|perception_notes}&nbsp; &nbsp; | Arcana,&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Arcana&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; [[1d20+@{selected|arcana}]]&nbsp; &nbsp;@{selected|arcana_notes}&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;| Crafting,&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Crafting&nbsp; &nbsp; [[1d20+@{selected|crafting}]]&nbsp; &nbsp;@{selected|crafting_notes}&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;| Diplomacy,&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Diplomacy&nbsp; &nbsp;[[1d20+@{selected|diplomacy}]]&nbsp; &nbsp;@{selected|diplomacy_notes}&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;| Medicine,&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Medicine&nbsp; &nbsp; [[1d20+@{selected|medicine}]]&nbsp; &nbsp;@{selected|medicine_notes}&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;| Nature,&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Nature&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; [[1d20+@{selected|nature}]]&nbsp; &nbsp;@{selected|nature_notes}&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;| Occultism,&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Occultism&nbsp; &nbsp;[[1d20+@{selected|occultism}]]&nbsp; &nbsp;@{selected|occultism_notes}&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;| Religion,&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Religion&nbsp; &nbsp; [[1d20+@{selected|religion}]]&nbsp; &nbsp;@{selected|religion_notes}&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;| Society,&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Society&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;[[1d20+@{selected|society}]]&nbsp; &nbsp;@{selected|society_notes}&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;| Stealth,&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Stealth&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;[[1d20+@{selected|stealth}]]&nbsp; &nbsp;@{selected|stealth_notes}&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;} The only real problem here is that it asks you over and over again for what to roll (because it's executing the same macro over and over).&nbsp; You could set up a macro to do it all at once, but you'd probably have to write one for each skill and then use targeting to point to who you want to roll for.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Joel, a blind roll is where the player presses the button but does not see the result, only the GM sees it. There is a long tradition of a player rolling a die but dropping it behind the DM screen where only the DM sees it. Roll20 currently does not have a non-Mod (API script) way to replicate that experience.&nbsp;
Joel F. said: However, there IS code that can be used to roll on a character's sheet without the players seeing, for secret rolls.&nbsp;&nbsp; For something similar wrapped in a macro template, I use this: /w GM &amp;{template:rolls} {{charactername=@{selected|character_name}}} {{header=Secret Rolls}} {{subheader=Each Individually}}}&nbsp; {{info01_name=perception}} {{info01=[[1d20cs20cf1 + [@{selected|perception_proficiency_display}] (@{selected|perception})[@{selected|text_modifier}] + (@{selected|query_roll_bonus})[@{selected|text_bonus}]]]}} {{info02_name=Stealth}} {{info02=[[1d20cs20cf1 + [@{selected|stealth_proficiency_display}] (@{selected|stealth})[@{selected|text_modifier}] + (@{selected|query_roll_bonus})[@{selected|text_bonus}]]]}} {{info03_name=Deception}} {{info03=[[1d20cs20cf1 + [@{selected|deception_proficiency_display}] (@{selected|deception})[@{selected|text_modifier}] + (@{selected|query_roll_bonus})[@{selected|text_bonus}]]]}} You can add some additional "info" sections. At least up to 5. I also add code before a macro if I want players to see that the roll is being done for a character. &amp;{template:rolls} {{charactername=GM}} {{header=secret rolls}}&nbsp; {{info01_name=Secret}} {{info01=Secret rolls made for @{selected|character_name}!}} For example, here is the full macro I use for Recall Knowledge checks. It generates 4 skill results, but I just use the result from the skill most appropriate for the situation. &amp;{template:rolls} {{charactername=GM}} {{header=secret rolls}}&nbsp; {{info01_name=Secret}} {{info01=Secret rolls made for @{selected|character_name}!}} /w GM &amp;{template:rolls} {{charactername=@{selected|character_name}}} {{header=Secret Recall Knowledge}} {{subheader=Each Individually}}&nbsp; {{info01_name=Arcana}} {{info01=[[1d20cs20cf1 + [@{selected|arcana_proficiency_display}] (@{selected|arcana})[@{selected|text_modifier}] + (@{selected|query_roll_bonus})[@{selected|text_bonus}]]]}} {{info02_name=Nature}} {{info02=[[1d20cs20cf1 + [@{selected|nature_proficiency_display}] (@{selected|nature})[@{selected|text_modifier}] + (@{selected|query_roll_bonus})[@{selected|text_bonus}]]]}} {{info03_name=Occultism}} {{info03=[[1d20cs20cf1 + [@{selected|occultism_proficiency_display}] (@{selected|occultism})[@{selected|text_modifier}] + (@{selected|query_roll_bonus})[@{selected|text_bonus}]]]}} {{info04_name=Religion}} {{info04=[[1d20cs20cf1 + [@{selected|religion_proficiency_display}] (@{selected|religion})[@{selected|text_modifier}] + (@{selected|query_roll_bonus})[@{selected|text_bonus}]]]}}&nbsp;

Edited 1685112903
Mild Feature Request: New Tab, probably next to Feats, that contains Basic Actions and Exploration Actions in their default forms, but with an editing menu to add custom modifications from either home rules, or existing abilities. It is true it's easy enough to just add these to the Actions tab, but with so many basic actions that come with every character, I think it'd make sense to have them in their own preloaded section to add, remove, or modify as needed. An example would be to have Leap preloaded in, but you can edit it to add the effects of Quick Jump yourself, as appropriate.

Edited 1685199161
the roll20 app for phone for character sheets is behaving funky with the&nbsp; names of conditions/ tabs/abilities/inventory

Edited 1685245030
Timmy k. said: the roll20 app for phone for character sheets is behaving funky with the&nbsp; names of conditions/ tabs/abilities/inventory That app is only designed for proper use with the D&amp;D 5e sheet, as far as I know.
Still waiting for the Drag &amp; Drop Heritage that was said to be ready in May, last I heard from Paizocon there are a few last details, so how long will the delay be please Roll20? Thanks Tom
Can anyone tell me what the&nbsp;STRIKE MODIFIERS section of this sheet is used for or how to use it? I can't seem to get anything to calculate into the rolls with it. Can it be used for&nbsp;Inspire Courage for example or is there a better way to do that? I would have thought a custom condition would be a way to do that but there seems to be no way to input any numbers.&nbsp;
EvilUncleTony said: Can anyone tell me what the&nbsp;STRIKE MODIFIERS section of this sheet is used for or how to use it? I can't seem to get anything to calculate into the rolls with it. Can it be used for&nbsp;Inspire Courage for example or is there a better way to do that? I would have thought a custom condition would be a way to do that but there seems to be no way to input any numbers.&nbsp; It doesn't register the "+" symbol. If you just have "1" it will add the "1" (at least it's doing it for me) Would be nice to have a toggle button though. Looks like it's always on unless you delete it.

Edited 1685565168
As Nelson said, don't include the + in there, just put a 1, select 'Status' and indicate it adds to attacks and damage.&nbsp; (Actually, just check the first image below.)&nbsp; Then it will incorporate it on any attack run from the sheet. As for the other comment, it IS a toggle.&nbsp; If you click it, it doesn't produce any output -- the color changes.&nbsp; &nbsp; Here's what it looks like when it's on:&nbsp; Here's what it looks like when it's off:

Edited 1685565966
Bronson H.
Roll20 Team
EvilUncleTony said: Can anyone tell me what the&nbsp;STRIKE MODIFIERS section of this sheet is used for or how to use it? I can't seem to get anything to calculate into the rolls with it. Can it be used for&nbsp;Inspire Courage for example or is there a better way to do that? I would have thought a custom condition would be a way to do that but there seems to be no way to input any numbers.&nbsp; Hey Tony! The Strike Modifiers section can absolutely be used to add the damage/attack status bonus portion of Inspire Courage or similar spells, as Nelson mentioned.&nbsp; Make sure you're expanding the modifier after you add it to specify the type of modifier ("status", in this case), type of strike ("All", as Inspire Courage affects both Melee and Ranged Strikes), and checking the box for *both* Attacks and Damage.&nbsp; As far as the number value itself, "1" or "+1" should both work fine - though this field doesn't allow for more complex calculations at the moment.&nbsp;&nbsp; If those fields are filled out, it should be calculated into your rolls from the strike section as (1)(STATUS).&nbsp;&nbsp;If it's still not working properly, make sure the modifier is toggled on by clicking its title to turn it blue.&nbsp; If you're still having issues, let me know! Nelson V. said: Would be nice to have a toggle button though. Looks like it's always on unless you delete it. You can in fact toggle it on/off without deleting the modifier!&nbsp; Clicking the modifier title when it's minimized will enable/disable the modifier in your rolls - blue is on, brown is off.&nbsp;&nbsp; (Whoops, looks like Joel beat me to it while I was typing.&nbsp; They're absolutely correct!)
Joel F. said: As Nelson said, don't include the + in there, just put a 1, select 'Status' and indicate it adds to attacks and damage.&nbsp; (Actually, just check the first image below.)&nbsp; Then it will incorporate it on any attack run from the sheet. As for the other comment, it IS a toggle.&nbsp; If you click it, it doesn't produce any output -- the color changes.&nbsp; &nbsp; Here's what it looks like when it's on:&nbsp; Here's what it looks like when it's off: I didn't realize that was a toggle! Thank you!
Tom said: Still waiting for the Drag &amp; Drop Heritage that was said to be ready in May, last I heard from Paizocon there are a few last details, so how long will the delay be please Roll20? Hey Tom! We're hard at work on this, and on target for a mid-June release for Ancestries and Heritages, with other drag and drop mini-mancers to follow this summer.&nbsp; More info soon! Bronson
Thanks Bronson, good deal!! Tom
In case anyone was curious, to add these things to your current attacks (for those who rewrite attacks into token actions like I do), add the following... MELEE ATTACK:&nbsp; + @{selected|max_melee_attack_circ_modifier}[Circumstance Strike Modifier] + @{selected|max_melee_attack_status_modifier}[Status Strike Modifier]&nbsp; MELEE DAMAGE: + @{selected|max_melee_damage_circ_modifier}[Circumstance Strike Modifier] + @{selected|max_melee_damage_status_modifier}[Status Strike Modifier]&nbsp; RANGED ATTACK: + @{selected|max_ranged_attack_circ_modifier}[Circumstance Strike Modifier] + @{selected|max_ranged_attack_status_modifier}[Status Strike Modifier] RANGED DAMAGE: + @{selected|max_ranged_damage_circ_modifier}[Circumstance Strike Modifier] + @{selected|max_ranged_damage_status_modifier}[Status Strike Modifier] And, while I'm here, I may as well add another tidbit.&nbsp; If you want to maintain those attack token actions without having to change them when your level of weapon training changes, use the following in the attack part of the macro... SIMPLE WEAPONS: + @{selected|weapon_proficiencies_simple_rank}[Simple Weapon Proficiency] MARTIAL WEAPONS: + @{selected|weapon_proficiencies_martial_rank}[Martial Weapon Proficiency] For Weapon Specialization, which essentially starts at half of the Weapon Proficiency, use the following in the damage part of your macros... SIMPLE WEAPONS: + [[ @{selected|weapon_proficiencies_simple_rank} / 2 ]][Weapon Specialization] MARTIAL WEAPONS: + [[ @{selected|weapon_proficiencies_martial_rank} / 2 ]][Weapon Specialization] When characters hit Greater Weapon Specialization (like Fighters do at 15th level), simply replace the calculation above with the same one as used in the attack part (the part right above that), and leave the inline labels alone. I'm not quite sure how to do it for other weapons.&nbsp; I haven't been able to find the relevant variables yet, but it doesn't come up very often.
Dr DM said: Bronson H. said: Dr DM said: Good news. I'm sure I saw this somewhere, but I can't find anything through a search: is there a fix for sheet elements constantly turning to "Custom" ability rather than the default or assigned ability? Is this happening for any specific sheet elements?&nbsp; Or just on ability dropdowns across the sheet?&nbsp; You can try clearing the dropdown's ability and ability_select attributes in the attributes and abilities tab to reset the element, then pick the correct ability again, but if it's jumping back to custom at all when you set the ability dropdown manually, that's a bug I can look into.&nbsp; Are any conditions enabled on the sheet? No conditions on the sheet since I noticed the change. But I recently reset all my skills to the correct abilities and many of them are back to "Custom" in the drop down.&nbsp; Just checked the PCs in the game I run, and it looks like for a couple of them, all their skills have become set to "Custom" rather than the default abilities as well. Just pulling this back up as I'm having the same issue with abilities for skills (and AC, class/spell DCs, saves, attack/damage, lores - anything with ability_select) becoming "Custom" if you click into or tab through their ability value field at all, even if you don't actually make any changes to the value. IMO this is most likely to happen with players who are already confused when trying to update a proficiency etc, as they'll click there and then realize it's not what they need to change, and it's very easy to not notice that the select updated to Custom afterwards. Also, if you're creating a new Lore skill, typing the name and then tabbing through to set the proficiency changes the ability from default INT to Custom. The biggest issue for me is that this breaks the condition menu's ability to apply effects correctly, for things like flat-footed, clumsy, enfeebled etc, since those are keyed to the ability_select attribute (which is an awesome feature!). I wrote a script for myself to restore defaults before combat in case someone's messed their sheet up, but that's a bandaid at best. I hope there's a way to fix the sheet trigger for updating ability_select attributes to fire on actually editing the ability value, not just selecting it.
Hi Rowan, Thanks for giving us more information on the issue. We've identified a problem where focusing and unfocusing an input will trigger an event that resets the score to custom. There's a fix on its way, but it may be slightly delayed by the other work that is happening on the sheet. Apologies for the inconvenience!