Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] D&D 5e Shaped NPC & Spell Importer

Edited 1453306825
Just tried it. She had Magic Missile and Sleep. removed them both. then added Magic Missile, Sleep and Hellish Rebuke. The first two added fine. the third one came out as screwy as before. sending you an invite. (The character is Freedom) Update: All straightened out now. Thanks, Mark! I'm glad it was such a minor thing. I hadn't even thought to check the filters (obviously). Haha!
Thank you so much, this is saving me so much time! I am running into an issue with Grimlock though, "Exception: Character doesn't have valid senses format" looked over the sense entry for it but I can't see what might be causing the issue. 
Just so im clear? The monster data/Spell data/importer script are all essentially mean't to be combined into one script correct?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Saevar: You should put each data file as a separate script. @Jason please post the text you are trying to import or use "!shaped-monster" and grimlock will work.
Kryx said: @Saevar: You should put each data file as a separate script. @Jason please post the text you are trying to import or use "!shaped-monster" and grimlock will work. Explains why its having issues trying to load my api now lol. Alright ill try this when im home. Id been doing this the old way for a whole month since this neat monster update lol.
I DMed for ALO CON all weekend and the spell importer was a life saver! Thanks for making this. One of my players informed me that eldritch blast scaled damage was added in wrong though. The damage for each blast doesn't scale, but the quantity of beams does. The way it imports is it rolls one blast as 2d10 at 5th level+. If one has Agonizing Blast each blast would get CHA mod added so each of his blasts were overpowered. I mean, easy to fix manually. I just thought I'd let you know. Thanks again for the tool.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Glad you like it. Dvergr76 said: One of my players informed me that eldritch blast scaled damage was added in wrong though. Update your spell data - this was fixed a while ago. :)
Kryx said: Dvergr76 said: One of my players informed me that eldritch blast scaled damage was added in wrong though. Update your spell data - this was fixed a while ago. :) ROFL, ok. Yeah, I guess I should have copy/pasted from Github to update. It has been about a month. My bad.
Question: If I update the spell js and I use !shaped-spell on an existing PC will it update their spells too or do I have to delete the spells and import again?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Each spell will be imported fresh. There was some discussion (<a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20/pull/7" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20/pull/7</a>) to replace, but it has not gone through yet.
Out of curiousity has anyone made a macro to include all the names of monsters similar to the spell one that I found?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Saevar, the parser does a great job of it. Please check the dist folder on my github.
Will do! Though, certain monsters don't seem to import well? Especially ones with tons of spells attached to them. The API seems to just hang.&nbsp; Removing the monsters Spell list seems to solve this problem. Its mostly just for Drow Mage, Priestess of lolth, Mage etc etc. I imagine the API struggles to import all these spells and either needs a long time (tried waiting 5 minutes) for it to finish its work.
Kryx said: Saevar, the parser does a great job of it. Please check the dist folder on my github. By the way, just in case im getting terminlogies wrong. This is what I refered too. !shaped-spell --?{Select Spell|Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting|Absorb Elements|Acid Splash|Aganazzar's Scorcher|Aid|Alarm|Alter Self|Animal Friendship|Animal Messenger|Animal Shapes|Animate Dead|Animate Objects|Antilife Shell|Antimagic Field|Antipathy/Sympathy|Arcane Eye|Arcane Gate|Arcane Lock|Armor of Agathys|Arms of Hadar|Astral Projection|Augury|Aura of Life|Aura of Purity|Aura of Vitality|Awaken|Bane|Banishing Smite|Banishment|Barkskin|Beacon of Hope|Beast Bond|Beast Sense|Bestow Curse|Bigby's Hand|Blade Barrier|Blade Ward|Bless|Blight|Blinding Smite|Blindness/Deafness|Blink|Blur|Bones of the Earth|Branding Smite|Burning Hands|Call Lightning|Calm Emotions|Catapult|Chain Lightning|Charm Person|Chill Touch|Chromatic Orb|Circle of Death|Circle of Power|Clairvoyance|Clone|Cloud of Daggers|Cloudkill|Color Spray|Command|Commune|Commune with Nature|Compelled Duel|Comprehend Languages|Compulsion|Cone of Cold|Confusion|Conjure Animals|Conjure Barrage|Conjure Celestial|Conjure Elemental|Conjure Fey|Conjure Minor Elementals|Conjure Volley|Conjure Woodland Beings|Contact Other Plane|Contagion|Contingency|Continual Flame|Control Flames|Control Water|Control Weather|Control Winds|Cordon of Arrows|Counterspell|Create Bonfire|Create Food and Water|Create or Destroy Water|Create Undead|Creation|Crown of Madness|Crusader's Mantle|Cure Wounds|Dancing Lights|Darkness|Darkvision|Daylight|Death Ward|Delayed Blast Fireball|Demiplane|Destructive Wave|Detect Evil and Good|Detect Magic|Detect Poison and Disease|Detect Thoughts|Dimension Door|Disguise Self|Disintegrate|Dispel Evil and Good|Dispel Magic|Dissonant Whispers|Divination|Divine Favor|Divine Word|Dominate Beast|Drawmij's Instant Summons|Dominate Monster|Dominate Person|Dream|Druidcraft|Dust Devil|Earth Tremor|Earthbind|Earthquake|Eldritch Blast|Elemental Bane|Elemental Weapon|Enhance Ability|Enlarge/Reduce|Ensnaring Strike|Entangle|Enthrall|Erupting Earth|Etherealness|Evard's Black Tentacles|Expeditious Retreat|Eyebite|Fabricate|Faerie Fire|False Life|Fear|Feather Fall|Feeblemind|Feign Death|Find Familiar|Find Steed|Find the Path|Find Traps|Finger of Death|Fireball|Fire Bolt|Fire Shield|Fire Storm|Flame Arrows|Flame Blade|Flame Strike|Flaming Sphere|Flesh to Stone|Fly|Fog Cloud|Forbiddance|Forcecage|Foresight|Freedom of Movement|Friends|Frostbite|Gaseous Form|Gate|Geas|Gentle Repose|Giant Insect|Glibness|Globe of Invulnerability|Glyph of Warding|Goodberry|Grasping Vine|Grease|Greater Invisibility|Greater Restoration|Guardian of Faith|Guards and Wards|Guidance|Guiding Bolt|Gust|Gust of Wind|Hail of Thorns|Hallow|Hallucinatory Terrain|Harm|Haste|Heal|Healing Word|Heat Metal|Hellish Rebuke|Heroes' Feast|Heroism|Hex|Hold Monster|Hold Person|Holy Aura|Hunger of Hadar|Hunter's Mark|Hypnotic Pattern|Ice Knife|Ice Storm|Identify|Illusory Script|Immolation|Imprisonment|Incendiary Cloud|Inflict Wounds|Insect Plague|Investiture of Flame|Investiture of Ice|Investiture of Stone|Investiture of Wind|Invisibility|Jump|Knock|Legend Lore|Leomund's Secret Chest|Leomund's Tiny Hut|Lesser Restoration|Levitate|Light|Lightning Arrow|Lightning Bolt|Locate Animals or Plants|Locate Creature|Locate Object|Longstrider|Maelstrom|Mage Armor|Mage Hand|Magic Circle|Magic Jar|Magic Missile|Magic Mouth|Magic Stone|Magic Weapon|Major Image|Mass Cure Wounds|Mass Heal|Mass Healing Word|Mass Suggestion|Maximilian's Earthen Grasp|Maze|Meld into Stone|Melf's Acid Arrow|Melf's Minute Meteors|Mending|Message|Meteor Swarm|Mind Blank|Minor Illusion|Mirage Arcane|Mirror Image|Mislead|Misty Step|Modify Memory|Mold Earth|Moonbeam|Mordenkainen's Faithful Hound|Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion|Mordenkainen's Private Sanctum|Mordenkainen's Sword|Move Earth|Nondetection|Nystul's Magic Aura|Otiluke's Freezing Sphere|Otiluke's Resilient Sphere|Otto's Irresistible Dance|Pass without Trace|Passwall|Phantasmal Force|Phantasmal Killer|Phantom Steed|Planar Ally|Planar Binding|Plane Shift|Plant Growth|Poison Spray|Polymorph|Power Word Heal|Power Word Kill|Power Word Stun|Prayer of Healing|Prestidigitation|Primordial Ward|Prismatic Spray|Prismatic Wall|Produce Flame|Programmed Illusion|Project Image|Protection from Energy|Protection from Evil and Good|Protection from Poison|Purify Food and Drink|Pyrotechnics|Raise Dead|Rary's Telepathic Bond|Ray of Enfeeblement|Ray of Frost|Ray of Sickness|Regenerate|Reincarnate|Remove Curse|Resistance|Resurrection|Reverse Gravity|Revivify|Rope Trick|Sacred Flame|Sanctuary|Scorching Ray|Scrying|Searing Smite|See Invisibility|Seeming|Sending|Sequester|Shape Water|Shapechange|Shatter|Shield|Shield of Faith|Shillelagh|Shocking Grasp|Silence|Silent Image|Simulacrum|Skywrite|Sleep|Sleet Storm|Slow|Snilloc's Snowball Swarm|Spare the Dying|Speak with Animals|Speak with Dead|Speak with Plants|Spider Climb|Spike Growth|Spirit Guardians|Spiritual Weapon|Staggering Smite|Stinking Cloud|Stone Shape|Stoneskin|Storm of Vengeance|Storm Sphere|Suggestion|Sunbeam|Sunburst|Swift Quiver|Symbol|Tasha's Hideous Laughter|Telekinesis|Telepathy|Teleport|Teleportation Circle|Tenser's Floating Disk|Thaumaturgy|Thorn Whip|Thunderous Smite|Thunderclap|Thunderwave|Tidal Wave|Time Stop|Tongues|Transmute Rock|Transport via Plants|Tree Stride|True Polymorph|True Resurrection|True Seeing|True Strike|Tsunami|Unseen Servant|Vampiric Touch|Vicious Mockery|Vitriolic Sphere|Wall of Fire|Wall of Force|Wall of Ice|Wall of Sand|Wall of Stone|Wall of Thorns|Wall of Water|Warding Bond|Warding Wind|Water Breathing|Water Walk|Watery Sphere|Web|Weird|Whirlwind|Wind Walk|Wind Wall|Wish|Witch Bolt|Word of Recall|Wrathful Smite|Zone of Truth} But as in, a list of all the monsters instead. I know its a bit of laziness to just avoid typing out, but you never know. :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: Will do! Though, certain monsters don't seem to import well? Especially ones with tons of spells attached to them. The API seems to just hang.&nbsp; This has been discussed throughout this thread. I am going to implement a way of importing a monster w/o the spells. It would be nice if the root issue could be fixed, but :( Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: But as in, a list of all the monsters instead. I know its a bit of laziness to just avoid typing out, but you never know. :) The point of spells is to be able to do multiple at once. So having to copy + paste that, grab the select, select the item, then click ok many times sounds like a horrible user experience. :P But, no, I know of nothing like that for monsters.
Kryx said: Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: Will do! Though, certain monsters don't seem to import well? Especially ones with tons of spells attached to them. The API seems to just hang.&nbsp; This has been discussed throughout this thread. I am going to implement a way of importing a monster w/o the spells. It would be nice if the root issue could be fixed, but :( Ah, this is not too big a deal tbh I have enough knowhow, to just remove the spells and apply them through the macro mentioned above quickly enough. Every other monster being imported is a godsend anyways. :) Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: But as in, a list of all the monsters instead. I know its a bit of laziness to just avoid typing out, but you never know. :)The point of spells is to be able to do multiple at once. So having to copy + paste that, grab the select, select the item, then click ok many times sounds like a horrible user experience. :P But, no, I know of nothing like that for monsters. It is a horrible user experience but to be honest, the API chugs pretty hard if you try to do it multiple times. The macro itself is a neat way to pull a spell up, type the first 3 letters and get the spell etc. Rinse and repeat. Either way! Its amazing work you have done, it makes running my games even smoother as well as cutting down dramatically on prep time for myself.

Edited 1453739892
Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: Out of curiousity has anyone made a macro to include all the names of monsters similar to the spell one that I found? I can post the macro I use later today after I get home.
Jason said: Thank you so much, this is saving me so much time! I am running into an issue with Grimlock though, "Exception: Character doesn't have valid senses format" looked over the sense entry for it but I can't see what might be causing the issue.&nbsp; I don't really do coding so will possibly (read probably) be wrong here but I am having the same problem. I think it is the "or 10 ft. while deafened" section is not anticipated? The crawling claw works fine and has "blind beyond this radius".
BP said: Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: Out of curiousity has anyone made a macro to include all the names of monsters similar to the spell one that I found? I can post the macro I use later today after I get home. OHHHHH Sweet! Thanks dude :P
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
HAWTDM said: I don't really do coding so will possibly (read probably) be wrong here but I am having the same problem. I think it is the "or 10 ft. while deafened" section is not anticipated? The crawling claw works fine and has "blind beyond this radius". Sounds likely. Why not just use "!shaped-monster" ?
Here ya go: !shaped-monster --?{Select Monster|Aarakocra|Aboleth|Abominable Yeti|Acolyte|Adult Black Dragon|Adult Blue Dracolich|Adult Blue Dragon|Adult Brass Dragon|Adult Bronze Dragon|Adult Copper Dragon|Adult Gold Dragon|Adult Green Dragon|Adult Red Dragon|Adult Silver Dragon|Adult White Dragon|Aerisi Kalinoth|Air Elemental|Air Elemental Myrmidon|Allosaurus|Ambush Drake|Ancient Black Dragon|Ancient Blue Dragon|Ancient Brass Dragon|Ancient Bronze Dragon|Ancient Copper Dragon|Ancient Gold Dragon|Ancient Green Dragon|Ancient Red Dragon|Ancient Silver Dragon|Ancient White Dragon|Androsphinx|Animated Armor|Ankheg|Ankylosaurus|Ape|Arcanaloth|Archmage|Assassin|Avatar of Death|Awakened Shrub|Awakened Tree|Awakened Zurkhwood|Axe Beak|Azbara Jos|Azer|Baboon|Badger|Balor|Bandit|Bandit Captain|Banshee|Baphomet|Barbed Devil|Barlgura|Basilisk|Bastian Thermandar|Bat|Bearded Devil|Behir|Beholder|Beholder Zombie|Berserker|Black Bear|Black Dragon Wyrmling|Black Earth Guard|Black Earth Priest|Black Pudding|Blagothkus|Blink Dog|Blood Hawk|Blue Dragon Wyrmling|Blue Slaad|Boar|Bone Devil|Bone Devil Polearm|Bone Naga (Guardian)|Bone Naga (Spirit)|Brass Dragon Wyrmling|Bridesmaid of Zuggtmoy|Bronze Dragon Wyrmling|Brown Bear|Bugbear|Bugbear Chief|Bulette|Bullywug|Burrowshark|Cambion|Camel|Captain Othelstan|Carrion Crawler|Cat|Cave Bear|Centaur|Chain Devil|Chamberlain of Zuggtmoy|Chasme|Chimera|Chuul|Chuul Spore Servant|Clay Golem|Cloaker|Cloud Giant|Cockatrice|Commoner|Constrictor Snake|Copper Dragon Wyrmling|Couatl|Crab|Crawling Claw|Crocodile|Crushing Wave Priest|Crushing Wave Reaver|Cult Fanatic|Cultist|Cyclops|Dao|Dark Tide Knight|Darkmantle|Death Dog|Death Knight|Death Slaad|Death Tyrant|Deep Gnome (Svirfneblin)|Deer|Demilich|Demogorgon|Derro|Derro Savant|Deva|Dire Wolf|Displacer Beast|Djinni|Doppelganger|Draft Horse|Dragon Turtle|Dragonclaw|Dragonfang|Dragonsoul|Dragonwing|Dralmorrer Borngray|Drannin Splithelm|Dretch|Drider|Drider Spellcaster|Droki|Drow|Drow Elite Warrior|Drow Mage|Drow Priestess of Lolth|Drow Spore Servant|Druid|Dryad|Duergar|Duergar Darkhaft|Duergar Kavalrachni|Duergar Keeper of the Flame|Duergar Soulblade|Duergar Spore Servant|Duergar Stone Guard|Duergar Xarron|Duodrone|Dust Mephit|Eagle|Earth Elemental|Earth Elemental Myrmidon|Efreeti|Elephant|Elizar Dryflagon|Elk|Empyrean|Erinyes|Eternal Flame Guardian|Eternal Flame Priest|Ettercap|Ettin|Evil Mage|Faerie Dragon (Blue)|Faerie Dragon (Green)|Faerie Dragon (Indigo)|Faerie Dragon (Orange)|Faerie Dragon (Red)|Faerie Dragon (Violet)|Faerie Dragon (Yellow)|Fathomer|Feathergale Knight|Female Steeder|Fire Elemental|Fire Elemental Myrmidon|Fire Giant|Fire Snake|Flameskull|Flamewrath|Flesh Golem|Flumph|Flying Snake|Flying Sword|Fomorian|Fraz-Urb&#39luu|Frog|Frost Giant|Frulam Mondath|Galeb Duhr|Gar Shatterkeel|Gargoyle|Gas Spore|Gelatinous Cube|Ghald|Ghast|Ghost|Ghoul|Giant Ape|Giant Badger|Giant Bat|Giant Boar|Giant Centipede|Giant Constrictor Snake|Giant Crab|Giant Crocodile|Giant Eagle|Giant Elk|Giant Fire Beetle|Giant Fly|Giant Frog|Giant Goat|Giant Hyena|Giant Lizard|Giant Octopus|Giant Owl|Giant Poisonous Snake|Giant Rat|Giant Rat (Diseased)|Giant Scorpion|Giant Sea Horse|Giant Shark|Giant Spider|Giant Toad|Giant Vulture|Giant Wasp|Giant Weasel|Giant Wolf Spider|Gibbering Mouther|Githyanki Knight|Githyanki Warrior|Githzerai Monk|Githzerai Zerth|Glabrezu|Gladiator|Gnoll|Gnoll Fang of Yeenoghu|Gnoll Pack Lord|Goat|Goblin|Goblin Boss|Gold Dragon Wyrmling|Gorgon|Goristro|Gray Ooze|Gray Ooze (Psychic)|Gray Slaad|Graz&#39zt|Green Dragon Wyrmling|Green Hag|Green Slaad|Grell|Grick|Grick Alpha|Griffon|Grimlock|Grisha|Guard|Guard Drake|Guardian Naga|Gynosphinx|Half-Ogre (Ogrillon)|Half-Red Dragon Veteran|Harpy|Hawk|Hell Hound|Hellenrae|Helmed Horror|Hezrou|Hill Giant|Hippogriff|Hobgoblin|Hobgoblin Captain|Hobgoblin Warlord|Homunculus|Hook Horror|Hook Horror Spore Servant|Horned Devil|Howling Hatred Initiate|Howling Hatred Priest|Hunter Shark|Hurricane|Hydra|Hyena|Ice Devil|Ice Devil Spear|Ice Mephit|Ice Toad|Imix|Imp|Intellect Devourer|Invisible Stalker|Iron Golem|Ixitxachitl|Ixitxachitl Cleric|Jackal|Jackalwere|Jamna Gleamsilver|Juiblex|Kenku|Killer Whale|Knight|Kobold|Kraken|Kuo-Toa|Kuo-Toa Archpriest|Kuo-Toa Monitor|Kuo-Toa Whip|Lamia|Langdedrosa Cyanwrath|Lemure|Lich|Lion|Lizard|Lizard King/Queen|Lizardfolk|Lizardfolk Shaman|Mage|Magma Mephit|Magmin|Male Steeder|Mammoth|Manes|Manticore|Marid|Marilith|Marlos Urnrayle|Mastiff|Medusa|Merfolk|Merrow|Mezzoloth|Mimic|Mind Flayer|Mind Flayer Arcanist|Minotaur|Minotaur Skeleton|Miraj Vizann|Monodrone|Mormesk the Wraith|Mud Mephit|Mule|Mummy|Mummy Lord|Myconid Adult|Myconid Sovereign|Myconid Sprout|Naergoth Bladelord|Nalfeshnee|Narrak|Needle Blight|Neronvain|Nezznar the Black Spider|Night Hag|Nightmare|Noble|Nothic|Nycaloth|Ochre Jelly|Octopus|Ogre|Ogre Zombie|Ogremoch|Olhydra|One-Eyed Shiver|Oni|Orc|Orc Eye of Gruumsh|Orc War Chief|Orcus|Oreioth|Orog|Otyugh|Owl|Owlbear|Panther|Pegasus|Pentadrone|Peryton|Pharblex Spattergoo|Phase Spider|Piercer|Pit Fiend|Pixie|Planetar|Plesiosaurus|Poisonous Snake|Polar Bear|Poltergeist|Pony|Priest|Pseudodragon|Pteranodon|Purple Worm|Quadrone|Quaggoth|Quaggoth Spore Servant|Quaggoth Thonot|Quasit|Quipper|Rakshasa|Rat|Rath Modar|Raven|Razerblast|Red Dragon Wyrmling|Red Slaad|Redbrand Ruffian|Reef Shark|Remorhaz|Revenant|Rezmir|Rhinoceros|Riding Horse|Roc|Roper|Rug of Smothering|Rust Monster|Saber-Toothed Tiger|Sacred Stone Monk|Sahuagin|Sahuagin Baron|Sahuagin Priestess|Salamander|Satyr|Scarecrow|Scorpion|Scout|Sea Hag|Sea Horse|Severin|Shadow|Shadow Demon|Shambling Mound|Shield Guardian|Shoalar Quanderil|Shrieker|Sildar Hallwinter|Silver Dragon Wyrmling|Skeleton|Skyweaver|Slaad Tadpole|Smoke Mephit|Solar|Spectator|Specter|Spider|Spined Devil|Spirit Naga|Sprite|Spy|Steam Mephit|Stirge|Stone Giant|Stone Golem|Stonemelder|Storm Giant|Succubus/Incubus|Swarm of Bats|Swarm of Beetles|Swarm of Centipedes|Swarm of Insects|Swarm of Poisonous Snakes|Swarm of Quippers|Swarm of Rats|Swarm of Ravens|Swarm of Spiders|Swarm of Wasps|Talis the White|Tarrasque|The Pudding King|Thri-kreen|Thri-kreen (Psionic)|Thug|Thurl Merosska|Tiamat|Tiger|Treant|Tribal Warrior|Triceratops|Tridrone|Troglodyte|Troglodyte Champion of Laogzed|Troll|Twig Blight|Tyrannosaurus Rex|Ultroloth|Umber Hulk|Unicorn|Vampire|Vampire Spawn|Vampire Spellcaster|Vampire Warrior|Vampiric Ixitxachitl|Vampiric Ixitxachitl Cleric|Vanifer|Veteran|Vine Blight|Violet Fungus|Vrock|Vulture|Warhorse|Warhorse Skeleton|Water Elemental|Water Elemental Myrmidon|Water Weird|Weasel|Werebear|Wereboar|Wererat|Weretiger|Werewolf|White Dragon Wyrmling|Wiggan Nettlebee|Wight|Will-o&#39-Wisp|Windharrow|Winged Kobold|Winter Wolf|Wolf|Worg|Wraith|Wyvern|Xorn|Yan-C-Bin|Yeenoghu|Yestabrod|Yeti|Yochlol|Young Black Dragon|Young Blue Dragon|Young Brass Dragon|Young Bronze Dragon|Young Copper Dragon|Young Gold Dragon|Young Green Dragon|Young Red Dragon|Young Red Shadow Dragon|Young Remorhaz|Young Silver Dragon|Young White Dragon|Yuan-ti Abomination|Yuan-ti Malison Type 1|Yuan-ti Malison Type 2|Yuan-ti Malison Type 3|Yuan-ti Pureblood|Zombie|Zuggtmoy}
Thanks BP!&nbsp; btw, I just ran that for an Ambush Drake and it came across with no damage?&nbsp; It also placed 13 in the 2nd bar, which I think duplicated NPC_AC from the first.

Edited 1453767834
@BP, that's awesome! Love it! Hey, this is just a heads up really. If you're importing any monsters with this API, expecting to use them as the book describes them, double check the stats. I imported an Adult Red Dragon, Young Red Dragon and Red Dragon Wyrmlings, and they all had additional ability bonuses. &nbsp;One of my more experienced players noticed this when I was making a save with one of them and whispered me.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kaelev said: Hey, this is just a heads up really. If you're importing any monsters with this API, expecting to use them as the book describes them, double check the stats. I imported an Adult Red Dragon, Young Red Dragon and Red Dragon Wyrmlings, and they all had additional ability bonuses. &nbsp;One of my more experienced players noticed this when I was making a save with one of them and whispered me. If there are errors with monsters please do let me know. But first check the errata. Though it also may be a case of the MM math being incorrect and they just haven't erratad it yet.

Edited 1453775524
Kryx said: Kaelev said: Hey, this is just a heads up really. If you're importing any monsters with this API, expecting to use them as the book describes them, double check the stats. I imported an Adult Red Dragon, Young Red Dragon and Red Dragon Wyrmlings, and they all had additional ability bonuses. &nbsp;One of my more experienced players noticed this when I was making a save with one of them and whispered me. If there are errors with monsters please do let me know. But first check the errata. Though it also may be a case of the MM math being incorrect and they just haven't erratad it yet. Okay, sounds good. &nbsp;I looked at the errata to see if they were on there, but they weren't. &nbsp;Also, the Ancient Red Dragon has +5 to Save Bonuses. So that's all the red dragons. Should we just PM you when we find a confirmed error? To confirm, this is the most recent errata? <a href="https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/errata-monster-manual-and-dungeon-master%E2%80%99s-guide" rel="nofollow">https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/errata-monster-manual-and-dungeon-master%E2%80%99s-guide</a>
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Just provide details here. For example: "Ancient Red Dragon should have +X to his bite attack, but has +Y"
Kryx said: Sounds likely. Why not just use "!shaped-monster" ? That is when I did "!shaped-monster --grimlock", I removed the "blind beyond this radius" part in the monsters file and it added fine using this after that, then just put info in manually.

Edited 1453802027
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have solved the red dragon issue. It should fix it for every monster. I will post an updated version by end of day. I really need to refactor this script after the character sheet.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Also fixed the grimlock issue.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FYI I pushed a version with the above fixes.
Kryx said: This has been discussed throughout this thread. I am going to implement a way of importing a monster w/o the spells. It would be nice if the root issue could be fixed, but :( Is there a name/issue number for the problem? &nbsp;To whom to we complain in order to get this fixed? &nbsp;The API problems have been here since the beginning and it really feels like the Roll20 team either doesn't know what they need to fix or they don't know how to fix it. &nbsp;Either way it's becoming more and more annoying and I don't know who to vent my spleen on to. Honestly, if it wasn't for your shaped sheet and the scripts you've written I probably wouldn't be a subscriber anymore.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Khrain said: Is there a name/issue number for the problem? &nbsp;To whom to we complain in order to get this fixed? &nbsp;The API problems have been here since the beginning and it really feels like the Roll20 team either doesn't know what they need to fix or they don't know how to fix it. &nbsp;Either way it's becoming more and more annoying and I don't know who to vent my spleen on to. Honestly, if it wasn't for your shaped sheet and the scripts you've written I probably wouldn't be a subscriber anymore. Great to hear that my work means something. :) 100% agreed that the technical implementation here can be rather frustrating and the lack of progress in regards to it, character sheets, monetization for API/sheet creators has been very disheartening (hence the lack of development until recent). I hope it changes, but am doubtful. In terms of this exact problem I expect it to be an issue of me trying to call a function several thousand times (to save an attribute to the character sheet). Each spell took something like 150 attributes. Unfortunately roll20 does not have the API setup to have multiple attributes set at once or I assume this process would be much less laggy. Once the Character sheet redesign is finished I hope that this issue will go away as there will be much less attributes on sheets and specifically spells. My plan is to wait until then and then address the issue with a "--nospells" command if needed.

Edited 1453856057
After getting my mistakes figured out, I've been able to help 4 other DM's... we're able to make adventures FAR more quickly and confidently knowing this (i'll call it) feature of Roll20 exists. Hundreds of hours have been saved just between my friends and myself using your tools.
I have an issue where when I !shaped-import --giant spider it will properly create the giant spider with the right HP, AC and speed inside of the red, green and blue bubbles. Unfortunately if I ever try and pull the monster from my Handouts screen and use it later, it only displays the HP and the AC and speed are both left blank. Is there something I need to change within the API? These are my current settings: { name: 'npc_AC', // Green bar max: false, link: false, show: false }, { name: 'speed', //Blue bar 'speed' max: false, link: false, show: false }, { name: 'HP', // Red bar max: true, link: false, show: true Thank you for the assistance!
@Michael F You still need to link the default token. &nbsp;There is no way to do that via the API at this time. &nbsp;So your best option is to drop the token, populate it using !shaped-monster, then open the sheet, hit the edit button, select and link the default token. If you do this, the next time you pull it out it will have the correct values assigned to the bubbles.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What Kevin said is correct.

Edited 1454023356
Ah perfect thank you. This also lets it retain its size also. I knew I was missing something.&nbsp; Kryx while I have your attention - with the new SRD being released, do you have any plans to utilize the SRD data? I looked at it and it looks great, but without all of your awesome token macros and other things, I can't see myself making a switch.&nbsp;
@Kryx: Is there a reason XP isn't being brought over with the importer? &nbsp;I noticed that orcs and all duergar do not have any XP in that block. &nbsp;Challenge ratings are there though.

Edited 1454032981
@Michael : Kryx said: ( see here ) the shaped sheet is being redesigned. It will have the drag and drop feature there very soon. It will also be able to convert old characters to the new system (though I'd recommend starting from scratch to prevent lag issues). It will also maintain most features from the shaped sheet which are currently missing on the OGL sheet. Likely to go into a testing phase this weekend.
Michael F. said: Ah perfect thank you. This also lets it retain its size also. I knew I was missing something.&nbsp; Kryx while I have your attention - with the new SRD being released, do you have any plans to utilize the SRD data? I looked at it and it looks great, but without all of your awesome token macros and other things, I can't see myself making a switch.&nbsp; The SRD is fairly incomplete at this stage... and even then... What it allows is actually limited in some departments... :&lt;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Both the srd and the importer will work when I'm done.
I am currently running a campaign with Princes of the Apocalypse for a group (only two sessions in). I'm in the process of using your script to import a fair few of the monsters and it's going smoothly (well except for multiattack, that seems to love throwing up errors). However, am I right in assuming it's probably best to put the importing on hold for the time being and wait for the change over to the new character sheet you're working on that works with the compendium?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That would be wise, ya. Just import what you need for now in the mean time.
Kryx, is there a rough ETA on the new sheet? Weeks? Months? I know you've been talking about it for a while now.

Edited 1454359109
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've posted the status on&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2146354/d-and-d-" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2146354/d-and-d-</a>... There isn't a ton left. For Pro users who don't need NPCs within a week. For NPCs probably another week. For release probably another week for conversion scripts. For import scripts probably another week. You can also see the status for yourself on the test campaign I setup.
I started using the most recent version of the script a couple days ago. Things were going GREAT and I was able to get some Monster Manual tokens and character sheets created then out of the blue WHAM no longer working. This was 2 days ago, tonight I found I had time to start debugging the script hoping it was something in the script that failed. So I put a couple log messages in the script to see what is going on. Hopefully they show in this message as bolded and italicized&nbsp; shaped.statblock = { version: 'Jan 26th, 2016', addTokenCache: [], RegisterHandlers: function () { &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; log('In RegisterHandlers'); on('chat:message', HandleInput); if (shaped.settings.rollMonsterHpOnDrop) &nbsp;{ on('add:graphic', function (obj) { shaped.statblock.addTokenCache.push(obj.id); }); on('change:graphic', function (obj) { shaped.rollTokenHpOnDrop(obj); }); } log('Shaped Scripts ready'); &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; } &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; }; function HandleInput(msg) { &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; log('at HandleInput'); commandExecuter = msg.who; if (shaped.settings.useAmmoAutomatically && msg.rolltemplate === '5eDefault' && msg.content.indexOf('{{ammo_auto=1}}') !== -1) { var character_name; var attribute; var match; var regex = /\{\{(.*?)\}\}/gi; Note the log message that would display when an chat:message was received and the HandleInput function was called What follows is what the log window shows when I restart the sandbox and attempt to do a !shaped-import Restarting sandbox due to script changes... Spinning up new sandbox... "In RegisterHandlers" "Shaped Scripts ready" Like I said I am not blaming the script at all because I was able to create 28 Monster Manual sheets before the script apparently lost connection with the campaign. But ever since the connection was lost I have not been able to use the script.&nbsp; Very frustrating to pay for the ability to use the API scripting and it quit working, not through the fault of the script but because of something else. But if anyone has had issues like this and can assist me in making sure my connection between the API and the Campaign is maintained so I can finish getting the Monster Manual tokens finished I would appreciate it greatly.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've heard reports of this as well in the past. I would suggest removing the script and adding it back again. Delete the item in the api settings and t hen readd. I believe that has fixed it in the past.
I have a rather large monster and spell file. &nbsp;I tend to disable them when I am just running my game. &nbsp;That seems to help with the latency in the sandbox api. &nbsp;Just too much to crunch on one page I think.
Kryx this has changed my life -- do you have a donate button somewhere so I can at least buy you a coffee?