Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v1.4 now with Transfer Script

I fixed the situation by updating my Macbook OS. Sorry for the trouble! Thanks for the help!
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Darby W. said: I fixed the situation by updating my Macbook OS. Sorry for the trouble! Thanks for the help! Glad it's working for you. Happy rolling!
Jonah, check out the  wiki guide and let me know if this doesn't answer your question. I had a quick boo at the wiki guide and am wondering why the charisma attribute names are called stamina?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Doug E. said: Jonah, check out the  wiki guide and let me know if this doesn't answer your question. I had a quick boo at the wiki guide and am wondering why the charisma attribute names are called stamina? Typo that's now fixed.
This update made it to where i cant roll attacks and dam from the Npc sheet. i tried resetting it and it allowed to to roll attack, but not damage from the chat dialogue as before. if i save it as "auto roll crit and dam" it will roll damage with the attack roll, but i prefer to do it as before from clicking on weapon name after a hit in chat

Edited 1456182045
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Greg C. said: This update made it to where i cant roll attacks and dam from the Npc sheet. i tried resetting it and it allowed to to roll attack, but not damage from the chat dialogue as before. if i save it as "auto roll crit and dam" it will roll damage with the attack roll, but i prefer to do it as before from clicking on weapon name after a hit in chat Have you tried toggling Auto Damage Roll back to "Don't Auto Roll Damage"?

Edited 1456183576
yes went back and forth a few times because i read that helped...but no luck only rolls when "auto roll dam and crit" the Damage box shows up in chat but no total or numbers. might just be this one npc sheet, i tried another one and it worked.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Please try the following: Mouse over an attack entry that is causing issues; Press the gear icon that appears; Edit all of the fields that look like they correspond to the damage of that attack; Report back and let me know if that fixed that entry.
changed damage to d8 and to piercing but same result, chaged back still same...only seems to be issue with my "goblin" NPC
Silvyre
Forum Champion
If you drag-and-drop the goblin from the Compendium again, does that fix the issue?
Many mods given by items are not actually being factored into the rolls, and attribute values, specifically, dealing with spellcasting. Please for the love of Gygax, add Misc mod slots to skills, weapons, spells, saves, AC, Spell attack, and save DC. EVERYTHING. It would solve all the problems, and be a simple fix to execute.
yes it did, i was remaking them ALL and that wasnt fun, but read about the changing it and it worked on all but that goblin
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Goblins can be tough opponents, sometimes. Glad you got it to work.
I couldn't find Hunter's Mark in the compendium. Is there a list of 5E compendium bugs somewhere?
Gediablo said: I couldn't find Hunter's Mark in the compendium. Is there a list of 5E compendium bugs somewhere? Not everything is in the compendium.  Wizards of the Coast only release a good portion, but not everything to be in the Open Gaming License  (OGL) So, cross check the SRD to see if it includes Hunters Mark, if it does, then the compendium is missing it.
Silvyre said: Lazpun said: Am I missing a button or something? I can't seem to figure out how I roll for initiative with tokens using this sheet, I cant see a button anywhere and simply using DEX hasnt worked either. Clicking on an NPC's name will roll initiative. You can also use %{selected|npc_init} to do the same. Is there a way to add a NPC to the turn tracker while concealing its NAME from the tracker list? For example, when it's added it to the tracker, the command substitutes "Badguy" or some other placeholder -- so that players won't necessarily be able to identify it.
I think unless the players have permission to see the name of the token, it is blank for them.  but visible to the GM.  I could be wrong though.
Can you add a way to modify passive perception?  I have a player that took a feat that adds 5 to passive perception but not to the perception skill.  
Chris said: Is there a way to add a NPC to the turn tracker while concealing its NAME from the tracker list? For example, when it's added it to the tracker, the command substitutes "Badguy" or some other placeholder -- so that players won't necessarily be able to identify it. Jake M. said: I think unless the players have permission to see the name of the token, it is blank for them.  but visible to the GM.  I could be wrong though. Jake's right.  Open the token (not the sheet) and check off the "See" box after "Name", then they won't see the name until you check it on. You can also uncheck the "Show nameplate?" box, but I think the best way to 100% ensure they don't see it is above. The best way to test is set one or the other, put the character in the turn order, then Re-join the game as a player and see what happens :> . Enjoy!
Really loving this new sheet though I'm still learning things. One issue I'm curious if there is a way to fix is players have access to the Monsters and Magic Items compendium. I dislike this because I want to keep monster into a secret from players unless in-game they discover this. Is there a way to prevent players from accessing the monsters in the compendium?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
steamwolf said: Is there a way to prevent players from accessing the monsters in the compendium? Here's what Riley D. of the Roll20 Dev Team has said about this : We've had a couple of people bring up this topic. The truth is that the players can just as easily keep a Google tab open and do a search for any Monster that you may be using if it's clearly labeled or they identify it "in-game". We're considering adding an option so that you can "filter" Categories from the Compendium that players don't have access to, but I'm not sure that it's anything more than security theatre :-)
Silvyre said: steamwolf said: Is there a way to prevent players from accessing the monsters in the compendium? Here's what Riley D. of the Roll20 Dev Team has said about this : We've had a couple of people bring up this topic. The truth is that the players can just as easily keep a Google tab open and do a search for any Monster that you may be using if it's clearly labeled or they identify it "in-game". We're considering adding an option so that you can "filter" Categories from the Compendium that players don't have access to, but I'm not sure that it's anything more than security theatre :-) Oh thank you for the information! Yeah I think I agree, it's rather pointless when a Google search can do the same thing. Thanks again!
I'm not sure this is properly described as a bug, but it may trip up players using the Compendium--especially for those of us who sometimes just set up an NPC and use the "Duplicate" feature to create a bunch of monsters with built-in macros. Situation: I created a character sheet, toggled it to NPC. Then I dropped in a monster (say an Adult Black Dragon), which happens to have "Traits" or several Actions. If you then go back to the Compendium and drag another Monster into the sheet (as if to replace the first), the sheet will accept the new stats, overwriting any stat type they have in common. However, if the new monster (say a Goblin) is simpler and has fewer slots/rows of data (e.g. has no Traits), the sheet does not empty the data from the original monster. Now the sheet has all the info for the new monster, except with the added details of the original that were not emptied. For example, an Amphibious Goblin who has a sweet Tail attack.  Consideration: In my case, I just didn't realize this was happening. So it may be good enough for the sheet to flush all the data when overwriting with a new Compendium item. However, I think it would be useful if there was a trashcan on the NPC sheet, or some method where you can reset the sheet to its default settings or flush any stats entered onto the Character Sheet tab.  Really love the new sheet. I am amazed at how much it adds to the Roll20 experience, especially for GMs who are looking to cut back on time spent in administration. Thanks!

Edited 1456586945
Hate to bother everyone with another question, but I can't seem to get the Vicious Mockery cantrip to not roll damage automatically. I don't have the sheet set to roll damage automatically, and if I cast it from the spell page, it doesn't roll any damage. But if I cast it from the attack and spell action box, it rolls it automatically. I'd like the damage to roll similarly to how regular weapon attacks work. Is there a query I could use for this?
I noticed sometimes when I make a npc character the actions doesn't work, the latest one I tried was with Lizardfolk, and it seemed to happen after I clicked on multiattack. So no actions roll at all. (This happends quite often) I also noticed it wasn't a problem if I deleted all actions and then just dragged in again from the compendium, the problem here is that some npc's are not from the compendium, and I wouldn't want to remake a whole npc sheet just because it stopped randomly.

Edited 1456620699
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
Gemini said: Can you add a way to modify passive perception?  I have a player that took a feat that adds 5 to passive perception but not to the perception skill.   I have a player in the same situation. Any word on if it's possible to do this? I've also got some NPCs who have spellcasting abilities. Are there plans to include a spellbook for NPCs? P.S. I LOVE the new sheets and the functionality of the drag and drop with the compendium. Thank you so much for making this possible!!!
Kirsty said: I've also got some NPCs who have spellcasting abilities. Are there plans to include a spellbook for NPCs? That is possible already. Just click on the spellcasting npc and put in the appropriate attributes for spellcasting ability and spell dc and spell attack bonus.  Then just add the spell as normal  (shown below) Speaking of this though, cantrips does NOT work well with the npc as of yet what I've figured out. The formula for damage has to be changed if the npc is a 5th level caster or higher. For example this Lizardfolk Shaman is a 5th-level caster, and should do 2d8 with produce flame, but it will still cast a 1d8 so you have to put manually 2d8. This is for cantrips only so not a major gripe as I guess the spells are coded for character sheet mainly.
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
Lukas V. said: That is possible already. I have no idea how I missed that. Thank you, Lukas!
Lukas V. said: I noticed sometimes when I make a npc character the actions doesn't work, the latest one I tried was with Lizardfolk, and it seemed to happen after I clicked on multiattack. So no actions roll at all. (This happends quite often) I also noticed it wasn't a problem if I deleted all actions and then just dragged in again from the compendium, the problem here is that some npc's are not from the compendium, and I wouldn't want to remake a whole npc sheet just because it stopped randomly. Edit any part of the action and it should become clickable again.  This apparently happened during the update to 1.4.  So if this is happening to your NPC's that are freshly made with 1.4, that may be a different issue.
Ben F. said: Edit any part of the action and it should become clickable again.  This apparently happened during the update to 1.4.  So if this is happening to your NPC's that are freshly made with 1.4, that may be a different issue. Yes thank you this worked. I opened the action, clicked on attack to make it disappear, then back again and it now works flawlessly.
TheWhiteWolves
KS Backer
API Scripter
Hey all, hope you can help me with this, I'm creating a Dragonborn for one of my players and I'm not sure how to add in the specifics of the attack, so far I have created as a weapon and said it has a damage and a saving throw. Now I'm not sure how to get the save DC to setup correctly as the calculation is supposed to be 8 + CON + Proficiency Bonus but when I put in 8 + @{constitution_mod} + @{pb} (as seen in the below picture) it sets the DC to 8 instead of DC 13, which is what it should be. Can this do the dynamic calculation or am i just going to have to manual calculate it and add it in?
@ TheWhiteWolves you can just select vs DC CON, which does the calculation automatically. 
TheWhiteWolves
KS Backer
API Scripter
Ed S. said: @ TheWhiteWolves you can just select vs DC CON, which does the calculation automatically.  Does it? thats awesome, thanks for that. Does that mean its calculation is 8 + CON + PROF? and is that the same with the others, I had assumed that would do something like D20+CON or something.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
steamwolf said: Hate to bother everyone with another question, but I can't seem to get the Vicious Mockery cantrip to not roll damage automatically. I don't have the sheet set to roll damage automatically, and if I cast it from the spell page, it doesn't roll any damage. But if I cast it from the attack and spell action box, it rolls it automatically. I'd like the damage to roll similarly to how regular weapon attacks work. Is there a query I could use for this? If you provide a screen shot of the attack-spell I'll take a look.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hipster Barbarian said: Yo, hey, I'm really digging the newest sheet, it's got everything important on it, it's real good. But I've kind of got one tiny little issue with it that makes it kind of impossible to use. You see, it looks like this. The other players in my group have it working fine, but I got my sheet like this right out of the box, and I have no clue what caused this to happen or how to fix it. Any ideas? Edit: Using Firefox as my browser
TheWhiteWolves said: Ed S. said: @ TheWhiteWolves you can just select vs DC CON, which does the calculation automatically.  Does it? thats awesome, thanks for that. Does that mean its calculation is 8 + CON + PROF? and is that the same with the others, I had assumed that would do something like D20+CON or something. In my testing it was 8+CON+PROF, as well as the other selections by stat, makes it real conveniant. 
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Silvyre said: Hipster Barbarian said: Yo, hey, I'm really digging the newest sheet, it's got everything important on it, it's real good. But I've kind of got one tiny little issue with it that makes it kind of impossible to use. You see, it looks like this. The other players in my group have it working fine, but I got my sheet like this right out of the box, and I have no clue what caused this to happen or how to fix it. Any ideas? Edit: Using Firefox as my browser What OS? Do you have the browser zoomed at all?
I used to be able to type in text into the Class Resources text box, to label what they were. Now all they allow are numbers.  Now, technically I can write "Tides of Chaos" in the "Total" line, but that's not as accurate as it used to be when I could have text in either location. 
Steve K. said: steamwolf said: Hate to bother everyone with another question, but I can't seem to get the Vicious Mockery cantrip to not roll damage automatically. I don't have the sheet set to roll damage automatically, and if I cast it from the spell page, it doesn't roll any damage. But if I cast it from the attack and spell action box, it rolls it automatically. I'd like the damage to roll similarly to how regular weapon attacks work. Is there a query I could use for this? If you provide a screen shot of the attack-spell I'll take a look. I am experiencing the same issue with vicious mockery. Works fine though when in attacks & spellcasting but not from spell page
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Toboe L. said: I used to be able to type in text into the Class Resources text box, to label what they were. Now all they allow are numbers.  Now, technically I can write "Tides of Chaos" in the "Total" line, but that's not as accurate as it used to be when I could have text in either location.  You can label your resources at the bottom of each section. The area in the middle is meant for tracking, which is why it was turned into a number field as it's the base for what Total above it is the max. That way if you link this resource to a token it creates the bar for the token.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Joseph B. said: I am experiencing the same issue with vicious mockery. Works fine though when in attacks & spellcasting but not from spell page Make sure on the ATTACKS & SPELLCASTING section of the CORE tab that the attack has its DAMAGE section checkmarked to roll damage. The sheet should be updating that checkbox automatically but it's not, so I'll take a look at why that's happening when manually updating spells.
Bryn
Marketplace Creator
I have started using the new character sheet. Amazing job by the way. I don't know if this has been mentioned before but is it possible to have a toggle for always prepared spells to show up as different coloured orbs, perhaps blue for always and red for prepared by themselves. Also I noticed a weird bug tonight. The Cleric would roll Medicine and her Wisdom modifier wasn't being added. It was only the Cleric(a player) and only Medicine. All other players rolled fine. And I copied her character and tried with that and also had the same bug. First time using it during a session tonight and it went really well apart from that. 

Edited 1456878240
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Kiel T. said: Also I noticed a weird bug tonight. The Cleric would roll Medicine and her Wisdom modifier wasn't being added. It was only the Cleric(a player) and only Medicine. All other players rolled fine. And I copied her character and tried with that and also had the same bug. Could you make sure that she's using latest version of Firefox or Chrome?
Bryn
Marketplace Creator
Indeed. Both Firefox and Chrome are both up to date. It would do the same for both of us. The Cleric(player) and me the DM. It did the same on both Chrome(up to date) and Firefox(up to date) And was only with the Medicine skill(which was meant to have +7 but kept saying 0 in the field below the roll). No other skill roll and the Medicine rolls for all the other characters was fine. Very odd bug. 
Bryn
Marketplace Creator
Ben F. said: Found a layout bug When I click the trash icon to edit the spells in my PC's spell list, here: The layout gets all screwed up and I cannot click the "x" button to make it go away, no matter what I do (resize or pop out has no effect) This is on Chrome (48.0.2564.109), and Windows 7 Again really nice work!  Have a session tonight, and will be testing it there. I also have the same layout bug as Ben F. But only on Chrome browser. It's fine on Firefox. Both are up to date. My resolution is 2560x1440. Windows 7

Edited 1456936546
Bryn
Marketplace Creator
I have found that zooming to 100% or 75% fixes the layout bug. I was also wondering if it's possible to have the experience you enter change the level automatically ? So you don't have to check the charts and manually change it. 
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Frank the Tank said: Greetings! I wanted to start by saying that the new character sheet is AMAZING. It has many features that make creating and maintaining a character actually fun! That said, there are two things I am not able to do, and I wanted to know if it's just me or if there's a workaround: having spells show their descriptions when cast, and have add some global bonuses to certain rolls as in the case of Bless / Bane. Is there a way to do these things? Thanks in advance. Cheers!
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Dink said: For some reason every time I leave the campaign page my Macro Quick Bar disappears and I have to reload it every time.