Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v1.4 now with Transfer Script

One of my players sheets doesn't add perception modifier. It just rolls 1d20. all the other skills work fine. Please help! Thanks in advance!

Edited 1465693832
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Ori said: One of my players sheets doesn't add perception modifier. On the Attributes & Abilities Tab of the affected Characters, locate and delete all Attributes that have the name "<skill>_bonus", e.g. "deception_bonus". To delete an Attribute, hover over it and press the x button that appears.
Silvyre said: Devil Jester said: My browser's display settings for text had suddenly changed, and it interferes with certain things such as the character sheet for instance. This is more likely an issue with chrome than it is with the sheet, or Roll20, so if anyone could tell me what settings I can change to fix this, that would be appreciated. Chrome's font settings are still the same, and encoding has been changed to Auto-Detect, but to no effect. The name of the campaign is The Whispers in Your Ear. What is your browser's zoom level set to? In Firefox and Chrome the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-0 will reset the zoom level to default (100%). Could you please try out Ctrl-0 and let us know if it helps? Thank you. I am also having this same problem, any update on this Roll20 mods?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Shawn P. said: Silvyre said: Devil Jester said: My browser's display settings for text had suddenly changed, and it interferes with certain things such as the character sheet for instance. This is more likely an issue with chrome than it is with the sheet, or Roll20, so if anyone could tell me what settings I can change to fix this, that would be appreciated. Chrome's font settings are still the same, and encoding has been changed to Auto-Detect, but to no effect. The name of the campaign is The Whispers in Your Ear. What is your browser's zoom level set to? In Firefox and Chrome the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-0 will reset the zoom level to default (100%). Could you please try out Ctrl-0 and let us know if it helps? Thank you. I am also having this same problem, any update on this Roll20 mods? What OS and version of Chrome are you using?
Steve K. said: Shawn P. said: Silvyre said: Devil Jester said: My browser's display settings for text had suddenly changed, and it interferes with certain things such as the character sheet for instance. This is more likely an issue with chrome than it is with the sheet, or Roll20, so if anyone could tell me what settings I can change to fix this, that would be appreciated. Chrome's font settings are still the same, and encoding has been changed to Auto-Detect, but to no effect. The name of the campaign is The Whispers in Your Ear. What is your browser's zoom level set to? In Firefox and Chrome the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-0 will reset the zoom level to default (100%). Could you please try out Ctrl-0 and let us know if it helps? Thank you. I am also having this same problem, any update on this Roll20 mods? What OS and version of Chrome are you using? I'm using Chrome 51.0.2704.84 and Windows 10

Edited 1466004497
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Shawn P. said: I'm using Chrome 51.0.2704.84 and Windows 10 I'm not able to reproduce your issue on normal zoom on Chrome 51 and Windows 10. Do you have any add-ons or extensions installed that might be affecting the character sheet? Is this happening with Firefox?
Silvyre said: Ori said: One of my players sheets doesn't add perception modifier. On the Attributes & Abilities Tab of the affected Characters, locate and delete all Attributes that have the name "<skill>_bonus", e.g. "deception_bonus". To delete an Attribute, hover over it and press the x button that appears. Thanks, but there is no "perception_bonus all I see is perception_prof_exp and removing those don't help : / 
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ori said: Thanks, but there is no "perception_bonus all I see is perception_prof_exp and removing those don't help : /  Does the character have anything set differently for that skill on the settings tab?

Edited 1466294320
Silvyre
Forum Champion
James W. said: I am just beginning to use this sheet after using the community one for a while and is there a way to add a Disciple of Life's ability to add extra hit points to each heal? To accomplish this, you would need to individually modify each affected spell in the following two ways: Within the Healing field (or whereever the spell's healing amount is located), add 2 plus the spell's level. For example, the Healing field of Cure Wounds (1st-level spell) would contain contain 1d8 without this class feature. With this class feature, it would contain 1d8 + 2 + 1. Within the Higher Lvl Cast Dmg section, within the field for a static modifier (rightmost), add 1. For example, with this class feature, that field would look like 1d8 + 1.
Silvyre said: To accomplish this, you would need to individually modify each affected spell in the following two ways: Within the Healing field (or whereever the spell's healing amount is located), add 2 plus the spell's level. For example, the Healing field of Cure Wounds (1st-level spell) would contain contain 1d8 without this class feature. With this class feature, it would contain 1d8 + 2 + 1. Within the Higher Lvl Cast Dmg section, within the field for a static modifier (rightmost), add 1. For example, with this class feature, that field would look like 1d8 + 1. Thank you! Such a simple solution and it never even occurred to me to do this. I appreciate the help. 
Hello, guys, here's a bug I found today.  If you'll make secondary damage on weapon as DEX or STR and then change it to "-", it will return damage to DEX. Our rogue found this out in strange way, as he was dealing a little more damage to monsters than he expected. Here's link to video: Video
Hello. Unsure if this was posted before, but i tried adding "Bracers of Defense", giving my Monk +2 AC. But the AC value stays the same, no matter what i try. Had to add it on another section, but if i get rid of them i'm gonna have to search for where i put that again. Just a minor issue.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Tool T. said: Hello. Unsure if this was posted before, but i tried adding "Bracers of Defense", giving my Monk +2 AC. But the AC value stays the same, no matter what i try. Had to add it on another section, but if i get rid of them i'm gonna have to search for where i put that again. Just a minor issue. Check out Custom AC Items , making sure that you put ac +2 in the Mods section, and that "Equipped" is checked.
Silvyre said: Check out Custom AC Items , making sure that you put ac +2 in the Mods section, and that "Equipped" is checked. Ohh... i didn't notice you can equip the items. Alright, fixed it, thanks!

Edited 1466365547
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Omega Envych said: Hello, guys, here's a bug I found today.  If you'll make secondary damage on weapon as DEX or STR and then change it to "-", it will return damage to DEX. Our rogue found this out in strange way, as he was dealing a little more damage to monsters than he expected. Here's link to video: Video Thank you for the video! I was able to reproduce this issue, but only once (before I deleted all entries from the Attacks & Spellcasting section of the Character I was testing this on). Sheet Workers run off one's browser, and I'm guessing that this particular issue is caused by a user performing multiple Sheet Worker prompts too fast for their browser to handle. I don't know how to fix your rapier (I recommend recreating it in a new repeating item), but I think this issue can be avoided by clicking a tiny bit slower, especially if your browser is already burdened by a very filled-out Character Sheet.

Edited 1466386650
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Oh Wise Master said: Have been unable to figure out how to modify an item so that when equipped grants the stat attribute +. Example - Circlet of Intellect +2: is there a way in the item [ or other place ] that when equipped this increases Intelligence by 2? The only thing I can seem to make work is increasing AC. Thanks! There's currently no way to adjust ability scores via equipment Mods. What you might do is, on the Attributes & Abilities Tab of your Character, use the Max fields to record your unmodified ability scores, and then add the +2 to your Current field. i.e. If you're interested, you could make it such that the bonus only gets applied when the magical item is "Equipped" (i.e. held). To accomplish this: 1. Locate the item within the Equipment section of the Core Page. Then, acquire its RowID by right-clicking on the item's name, and selecting "Inspect Element". You'll see something that looks like this: 2. Replace the RowIndex $0 within the Attribute call @{repeating_inventory_$0_equipped} with the item's RowID (boxed in red above) 3. Add the following to the intelligence field: your normal intelligence score plus 2 times the Attribute call. All of that will look something like this (assuming intelligence is 10): 10 + 2 * @{repeating_inventory_-KJIVnvsNwFaCGyv1As0_equipped}

Edited 1466523277
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Brian A. said: Hi! I'm using the current 5E OGL sheet for my campaign. I was wondering if there was anyway to display some text for a critical hit on a natural 20 and for a critical miss on a natural 1? The proper colors are being displayed. Red for 1 and Green for 20. Any easy way to do this? Using the Roll Templates built into the sheet, we can make text display on a critical hit (not necessarily a natural 20), but not on a natural 1. To do this, add the following to the Description field of an attack: Any description goes here. }} {{crit1=[[ @{hidden_crit1} ]] (Crit!) }} The "(Crit!)" is the text that would be displayed next to the critical damage.
Thanks Silvyre. It looks like you can only have one description displayed for both a 20 and a 1 in the same script. This is not something that has to happen in my campaign but it would be nice. Hopefully with the next patch for the sheet we will be able to do both?
Is there a way to keep an item in the inventory, but not have its weight be calculated? Looking for a way to keep things in the inventory when items are in a bag of holding or carried on a pack mule.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
TacoSundae said: Is there a way to keep an item in the inventory, but not have its weight be calculated? Looking for a way to keep things in the inventory when items are in a bag of holding or carried on a pack mule. If you place an invalid character (e.g. a slash) before an item's weight, it won't factor into the total weight. You could use this to denote that it's not being carried by the character.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Silvyre said: TacoSundae said: Is there a way to keep an item in the inventory, but not have its weight be calculated? Looking for a way to keep things in the inventory when items are in a bag of holding or carried on a pack mule. If you place an invalid character (e.g. a slash) before an item's weight, it won't factor into the total weight. You could use this to denote that it's not being carried by the character. There's also a free form treasure section on the 2nd character sheet tab that you can use for items that aren't equiped and you're not tracking weight for.
Silvyre said: TacoSundae said: Is there a way to keep an item in the inventory, but not have its weight be calculated? Looking for a way to keep things in the inventory when items are in a bag of holding or carried on a pack mule. If you place an invalid character (e.g. a slash) before an item's weight, it won't factor into the total weight. You could use this to denote that it's not being carried by the character. Thanks, this is a good work around.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Genesis C. said: Hey guys. I'm still rather new here and I'm hoping someone would help me figure out how to add proficiency into a macro equation. the character sheet I'm using says SRD5 Roll20, if that's any useful. If you hover over a field on the sheet, a tooltip will pop up that provides the name of the Attribute call associated with that field. e.g.
Silvyre said: Genesis C. said: Hey guys. I'm still rather new here and I'm hoping someone would help me figure out how to add proficiency into a macro equation. the character sheet I'm using says SRD5 Roll20, if that's any useful. If you hover over a field on the sheet, a tooltip will pop up that provides the name of the Attribute call associated with that field. e.g. That is very useful, thanks! However, I can't seem to get @{pb} to work inside the macro. It keeps saying 'TypeError: Cannot read property 'substring' of undefined' and I don't know why.

Edited 1466881267
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Could you post the macro in full? Also, it might be useful to know whether that macro is being called from My Settings or from an Ability .
Hi, I've been reading through the thread and not sure how to move forward here from this macro I created: /w Dungeon Master &{template:default} {{name= Str Melee}} {{Atk Roll= [[d20+@{Selected|pb}+@{Selected|npcd_str_mod}]] [[d20+@{Selected|pb}+@{Selected|npcd_str_mod}]]}} {{Damage Roll= [[(?{Weapon?|Club, 1d4|*Dagger, 1d4|Javelin, 1d6|*Handaxe, 1d6|*Light Hammer, 1d4|Mace, 1d6|Quarterstaff Main Hand, 1d6|Quarterstaff Two Hand, 1d8|Sickle, 1d4|*Spear, 1d6|Unarmed Strike, 1|*Dart, 1d4|Battleaxe Main Hand, 1d8|Battleaxe Two Handed, 1d10|Flail, 1d8|Glaive, 1d10|Greataxe, 1d12|Greatsword, 2d6|Halberd, 1d10|Lance, 1d12|Longsword Main Hand, 1d8|Longsword Two Handed, 1d10|Maul, 2d6|Morningstar, 1d8|Pike, 1d10|*Trident Main Hand, 1d6|Trident Two Handed, 1d8|War pick, 1d8|Warhammer Main Hand, 1d8|Warhammer Two Handed, 1d10}+@{Selected|npcd_str_mod})]]}} It works, but when mousing over the Atk Roll it shows me "Rolling d20+(ceil(6)/1e10) +ceil(6)/4)+(+3) = (13)+(ceil(6)/10000000000)+ceil(6)/4))+3" for this particular character roll. I was wondering if this is related to the Jack of all Trades mentioned earlier in the thread or if my macro is missing something to show the roll amount. If it is displaying correctly then that is fine with me as long as it is producing the proper rolls from the sheets. Thanks for your time and response.

Edited 1467031363
The (ceil(6)/1e10) +ceil(6)/4)+(+3) = (13)+(ceil(6)/10000000000)+ceil(6)/4)) is from the Proficiency bonus (@{Selected|pb}). It's a calculated attribute so you are seeing the math. You may wish to add nested roll brackets to your macro in order to hide the calculation. [[ @{Selected|pb} ]]
Thanks Ed, That is funny how two sets of brackets fixes it. I'll add that to my notes for future use. Thanks again.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Eric H. said: Not sure if this is addressed on an earlier post on not; but I am working on filling out my char sheet on a SRD5 sheet and I want to make a macro to use my attacks. However, having gone through the trouble of figuring out macros on other sheets I am not seeing "normal" things to fudge my way through. Alas I am not the GM and thus cannot just change to a different kind of Char Sheet. Help please, and if it HAS been addressed on a different forum post could you link it please. You might find the Attacks & Spellcasting section of the sheet's Roll20 Wiki page useful. If you have any specific questions about setting up macros, feel free to ask them here!
Thank You, I will check out the link first
Silvyre said: Eric H. said: Not sure if this is addressed on an earlier post on not; but I am working on filling out my char sheet on a SRD5 sheet and I want to make a macro to use my attacks. However, having gone through the trouble of figuring out macros on other sheets I am not seeing "normal" things to fudge my way through. Alas I am not the GM and thus cannot just change to a different kind of Char Sheet. Help please, and if it HAS been addressed on a different forum post could you link it please. You might find the Attacks & Spellcasting section of the sheet's Roll20 Wiki page useful. If you have any specific questions about setting up macros, feel free to ask them here! So what I am aiming for is to make a abilities macro that will be shown in the macro bar.  When using other sheets I would add an abilities macro and link in the corresponding attribute.  How do I "link" the warhammer weapon attack used on this sheet to the normal macro bar? 
Silvyre
Forum Champion
You can drag-and-drop sheet roll buttons to the Macro Bar; check out the .gif demonstration of how to do so here .
that works, thank you!
How is sneak attack handled with these sheets? Is there a check box for it or do i need to make a seperate macro for the sneak attack damage?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Brian A. said: How is sneak attack handled with these sheets? Is there a check box for it or do i need to make a seperate macro for the sneak attack damage? You would modify each relevant Damage field. For example, you could add this to the end of each Damage field: + ?{Sneak Attack|No, 0|Yes, 2d6 [Sneak Attack]}
So this is what i have now and it is not rolling the sneak attack damage. @{Randal Lackman|wtype}&{template:atkdmg} {{mod=+3}} {{rname=Rapier}} {{r1=[[1d20@{Randal Lackman|halflingluck}cs>20 + 1[STR] + 2[PROF]]]}} @{Randal Lackman|rtype}@{Randal Lackman|halflingluck}cs>20 + 1[STR] + 2[PROF]]]}} {{attack=1}} {{range=}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[1d8 + 1[STR]]]}} {{dmg1type=Piercing }} 0 {{dmg2=[[0]]}}} {{dmg2type=}} {{crit1=[[1d8[CRIT]]]}} {{crit2=[[0[CRIT]]]}} 0 {{desc=}} ammo= @{Randal Lackman|charname_output} + ?{Sneak Attack|No, 0|Yes, 2d6 [Sneak Attack]}

Edited 1467272956
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Instead of adding the Roll Query to the end of the Roll Template, add it within dmg1's inline roll.
A request... can the NPC portion of the sheet include a "Add Character Name to Templates" toggle?  The PC version has one (see below), but the NPC does not (see below again).  There are times I don't want the PCs to know what they are fighting (say it's a doppelgänger in a different form), but I also like to roll publicly.  By allowing me to toggle the NPC Name on/off, I can roll publicly without tipping them off to the monster.  Thanks! PC Version: NPC Version:
It still doesn't work! It won't roll the sneak attack damage. That's ok i'll just make a seperate macro for the extra damage. However in a future update this needs to be added to the sheet as a checkbox like halfling luck.

Edited 1467308730
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Brian A. , try this: @{Randal Lackman|wtype}&{template:atkdmg} {{mod=+3}} {{rname=Rapier}} {{r1=[[1d20@{Randal Lackman|halflingluck}cs>20 + 1[STR] + 2[PROF]]]}} @{Randal Lackman|rtype}@{Randal Lackman|halflingluck}cs>20 + 1[STR] + 2[PROF]]]}} {{attack=1}} {{range=}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[1d8 + 1[STR] + ?{Sneak Attack|No, 0|Yes, 2d6 [Sneak Attack]} ]]}} {{dmg1type=Piercing }} 0 {{dmg2=[[0]]}}} {{dmg2type=}} {{crit1=[[1d8[CRIT] + ?{Sneak Attack} ]]}} {{crit2=[[0[CRIT]]]}} 0 {{desc=}} ammo= @{Randal Lackman|charname_output}
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Brian A. said: It still doesn't work! It won't roll the sneak attack damage. That's ok i'll just make a seperate macro for the extra damage. However in a future update this needs to be added to the sheet as a checkbox like halfling luck. ?{Sneak Attack|Yes,1d6|No,0d0}
Thanks Silvyre! That works!