Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v1.4 now with Transfer Script

HoneyBadger, Thanks for the quick response, one of the things I love about this community. I have tried that, but when it bring up the step to select an enemy token it wont let me select any token, so I figured I was not putting it in the right spot.   Secondly, which becomes an issue if that is the right spot, some weapons are already using the Damage2 slot, which means I can't add it for all weapons. 
Do you have it set to auto roll damage? That may be why it's not showing up if you aren't auto rolling.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
You could place something like Slashing + [[ (1d8 * [[ (@{target|Enemy?|bar1|max}-@{target|Enemy?|bar1})d1kl1 ]] [Colossus Slayer]) ]] Colossus Slayer into one of the damage type fields.
HoneyBadger, Yes, auto roll is on for damage, but the rolls take place after I have selected an enemy usually, but I cannot select one.  The mouse changes to the + target icon but wont select when clicked. Silvyre, Thanks, I was not aware I could put the code into the damage type field, that will be the best place for it, once I find out why I am not able to select a target.   Anyone got any ideas why this is not working? (The clicking on a target to select it that is)
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Whick K. said: Anyone got any ideas why this is not working? (The clicking on a target to select it that is) What does the text chat output when you enter @{target|Enemy?|bar1|max}-@{target|Enemy?|bar1} into it?
Silvyre said: Whick K. said: Anyone got any ideas why this is not working? (The clicking on a target to select it that is) What does the text chat output when you enter @{target|Enemy?|bar1|max}-@{target|Enemy?|bar1} into it? Silvyre, it pops up a text box containing "Choose Target:Enemy?  Click on a token on the screen to choose a target" After that it will allow me to click on a token, then puts a post in the chat with - This is a step forward as it let me click on a token.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
It appears that the Token(s) you're targeting doesn't have a value in bar1 or bar1|max. If this is the case, what's happening is [[ (@{target|Enemy?|bar1|max}-@{target|Enemy?|bar1})d1kl1 ]] gets parsed to [[ (-)d1kl1 ]], which is invalid, causing the "freezing" you're experiencing. You could prepend a 0 to your Attribute calls to safeguard against this: Slashing + [[ (1d8 * [[ (0@{target|Enemy?|bar1|max}-(0@{target|Enemy?|bar1}))d1kl1 ]] [Colossus Slayer]) ]] Colossus Slayer
Silvyre, Once again thank your for your help, it is invaluable.  That has fixed the issue, although the tokens I have been testing on do have bar1/bar1|max set with HP current / max so I am not sure why it would cause the freeze, but the adjustment to the code you have given has fixed the issue.  As my programming is zero I will just nod and smile and offer up my first d20 in your honour. :)

Edited 1458613531
Silvyre
Forum Champion
You're very welcome! If your bar1 is linked to an Attribute (on a Character's Attributes & Abilities Tab ), you could try locating and deleting that Attribute (along with any duplicate Attributes, if they exist) and then recreating/linking that Attribute. That might fix your targeted Attribute calls.
Ah, that makes sense, on the tokens on this map it is unallocated with me manually filling in the HP, but on the characters it is assigned to HP with the drop down box.  That would be where there is a conflict.  So I can either (in the future as your code change is working fine) leave it as is now, or when I make creatures/npcs/monsters set them as more than just tokens with manually entered attributes. (which I am slowly doing but had not done for this map as it is in use in game atm)  Thanks again :)

Edited 1458862870
Hey again, a bug that we have discovered this evening is that dex mod for AC is still adding when PCs have heavy armour (have not checked if mods above +2 get added for medium armours that limit the dex mod).  Easily overcome by changing the universal AC mod to remove it, but is there a way in the next update this can be altered?  Thanks. And this comes too late.  Sorry Sheet Author people, the player had added an extra item I was unaware of and found it this morning.  The item being a cloak of protection.  Apologies and keep up the awesome work.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Whick K. said: Hey again, a bug that we have discovered this evening is that dex mod for AC is still adding when PCs have heavy armour (have not checked if mods above +2 get added for medium armours that limit the dex mod).  Easily overcome by changing the universal AC mod to remove it, but is there a way in the next update this can be altered?  Thanks. I'm not seeing that behvaior. Can you give me an example of a piece of armor that's heavy that you pulled in from the compendium that is doing this?
Beyond the attribute tab, where can i find the listing of all fields the sheet has that I can call within macros?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Modnar Wylde said: Beyond the attribute tab, where can i find the listing of all fields the sheet has that I can call within macros? Check out the  Directly Referencing Attributes section of the sheet's Wiki page.
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I have a bug report/suggestion for the 3D dice (depending on whether this is intentional or not). It appears the NPC sheet is automatically rolling the dice for critical damage even when the hit isn't critical. The result is that there's always essentially double dice on the screen when I roll for damage using the NPC template. This persists even when I'm rolling for damage from the chat window. The chat window just outputs the normal non-crit damage but two-dice are rolled. If this is intentional, I have to confess it seems more annoying than useful, just cluttering up the screen.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Frank J. said: Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I have a bug report/suggestion for the 3D dice (depending on whether this is intentional or not). It appears the NPC sheet is automatically rolling the dice for critical damage even when the hit isn't critical. The result is that there's always essentially double dice on the screen when I roll for damage using the NPC template. This persists even when I'm rolling for damage from the chat window. The chat window just outputs the normal non-crit damage but two-dice are rolled. If this is intentional, I have to confess it seems more annoying than useful, just cluttering up the screen. This is the nature of roll templates and having all of the possible results ready to display. If you change to not auto roll damage and roll damage on a hit from the chat tab, then you won't get this behavior with the 3D dice. It was one of my main motivations for designing the default roll method that way.
Steve K. said: Frank J. said: Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I have a bug report/suggestion for the 3D dice (depending on whether this is intentional or not). It appears the NPC sheet is automatically rolling the dice for critical damage even when the hit isn't critical. The result is that there's always essentially double dice on the screen when I roll for damage using the NPC template. This persists even when I'm rolling for damage from the chat window. The chat window just outputs the normal non-crit damage but two-dice are rolled. If this is intentional, I have to confess it seems more annoying than useful, just cluttering up the screen. This is the nature of roll templates and having all of the possible results ready to display. If you change to not auto roll damage and roll damage on a hit from the chat tab, then you won't get this behavior with the 3D dice. It was one of my main motivations for designing the default roll method that way. Thanks for the reply, Steve. I guess what I'm reporting is a bug then, because that's exactly what I'm doing. I've got the NPC options set to not auto roll damage and then I click on the chat tab to roll damage. Still get two 3D dice. Is it possible there's something wrong with the way I set up the NPC sheet or configured the options? I just imported the hobgoblin from the Compendium.
We are trying to add cantrips like firebolt to a characters sheet. when we fill out the info (since its not in compendium) it doesnt roll an attack. just a damage. it appears in the "Attack" section of the core sheet but wont roll an attack there either. any ideas?
So I have a question... are there any plans to add Matt Mercer's Blood Hunter class to the character sheet?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Scott said: So last night I was playing my normal weekly group and for some reason none of my weapon macros worked. Our group had a 3 week break but last night when we played none of my attacks worked. I also noticed that under my equipment it said I was "immobile". So I reduced my weight hoping that it would get rid of the "immobile" word on my character sheet and allow me to role, however it did not. Has anyone ever seen this or have any ideas? Thanks!
Hmm not much dev response lately...
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Frank J. said: Thanks for the reply, Steve. I guess what I'm reporting is a bug then, because that's exactly what I'm doing. I've got the NPC options set to not auto roll damage and then I click on the chat tab to roll damage. Still get two 3D dice. Is it possible there's something wrong with the way I set up the NPC sheet or configured the options? I just imported the hobgoblin from the Compendium. You're right. I must of introduced a bug with NPCs specifically when reducing the number of rolls. For PCs it's working correctly but NPCs are incorrectly rolling critical dice when unnecessary. I'll work on fixing that for the next version. Greg C. said: We are trying to add cantrips like firebolt to a characters sheet. when we fill out the info (since its not in compendium) it doesnt roll an attack. just a damage. it appears in the "Attack" section of the core sheet but wont roll an attack there either. any ideas? Do you have the spell set up in the attack section correctly. It should look like this: Bill said: So I have a question... are there any plans to add Matt Mercer's Blood Hunter class to the character sheet? Not to the official sheet but I'm open to including importing of custom classes from the compendium as 3rd party content becomes popular. As of now you can add any custom class you'd like from the Settings tab. Silvyre said: Scott said: So last night I was playing my normal weekly group and for some reason none of my weapon macros worked. Our group had a 3 week break but last night when we played none of my attacks worked. I also noticed that under my equipment it said I was "immobile". So I reduced my weight hoping that it would get rid of the "immobile" word on my character sheet and allow me to role, however it did not. Has anyone ever seen this or have any ideas? Thanks! The immobility won't cause your attack's to stop working. There were two updates that happened back to back and they didn't fire correctly. If you go into your settings tab, and toggle from the GENERAL OPTIONS the setting AUTO DAMAGE ROLL and toggle it one way and then back your attacks should be fixed. Let me know if that doesn't resolve your issue.
Thanks again!  When I go into the settings, I do not see a general options tab or button.  I will keep looking becasue I am sure that it is something that I am missing.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Scott said: Thanks again!  When I go into the settings, I do not see a general options tab or button.  I will keep looking becasue I am sure that it is something that I am missing.
Thanks!  I was hitting the "other" setting button :)  All fixed now!

Edited 1459615100
I transferred my campaign from the Shaped (old version) to the OGL sheet. Everything seems to work, but for some reason my player's cleric sheet has the wrong DC displayed when he cast a spell. The DC is correctly displayed in the sheet, but when cast it's different (DC 13 instead of DC 15). Other spellcasters that I transferred do not suffered from the same problem. As a fix I simply created a new sheet. Edit : It would also be nice to be able to select *finesse* for weapons.
Just some feedback from players in my campaign --   Is it possible to enlarge the 'Items" section to the right and minimize the "features" section?     A section for 'notes' that can be visible for the items would also be welcome thanks for your hard work!
Steve K. said: Frank J. said: Thanks for the reply, Steve. I guess what I'm reporting is a bug then, because that's exactly what I'm doing. I've got the NPC options set to not auto roll damage and then I click on the chat tab to roll damage. Still get two 3D dice. Is it possible there's something wrong with the way I set up the NPC sheet or configured the options? I just imported the hobgoblin from the Compendium. You're right. I must of introduced a bug with NPCs specifically when reducing the number of rolls. For PCs it's working correctly but NPCs are incorrectly rolling critical dice when unnecessary. I'll work on fixing that for the next version. Thanks again for the reply! Helpful to know it's a bug so now I can step messing with it. And I also wanted to say thank you for all the hard work you've already done on the new sheets. They are awesome!

Edited 1459710178
A player of mine has a character sheet whose base ac is 20. I/He manually correct it to the correct base AC of 10. But whenever any change is made to the ac through dex, item (cloak of protection), it resets back to 20. So with a dex mod of +3 he has an ac of 23...
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Marc S. said: A player of mine has a character sheet whose base ac is 20. I/He manually correct it to the correct base AC of 10. But whenever any change is made to the ac through dex, item (cloak of protection), it resets back to 20. So with a dex mod of +3 he has an ac of 23... Try delete all Attributes (on the Attributes & Abilities Tab ) of the affected Character named ac .
There is only one of those field and I deleted it (it keeeps coming back however). The bug still remains.
Hello everyone, I'm here to post a question. I have created a custom character sheets wich I used to modified from the game settings of my game. But I can't see anymore the code of my custom character sheets. Can anyone tell me where are now the code of any custom character sheets please ? Thanks in advance P.S. : I'm truly sorry if this question has already been posted, but i cold not find if that is the case
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Marcin K. said: Just some feedback from players in my campaign --   Is it possible to enlarge the 'Items" section to the right and minimize the "features" section?     A section for 'notes' that can be visible for the items would also be welcome thanks for your hard work! Restructuring the layout isn't possible other than the sections all expand. Items do have a notes section, if you click on the "info" icon.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Marc S. said: A player of mine has a character sheet whose base ac is 20. I/He manually correct it to the correct base AC of 10. But whenever any change is made to the ac through dex, item (cloak of protection), it resets back to 20. So with a dex mod of +3 he has an ac of 23... Has your player set the global AC bonus from the settings page to 10? That could explain what his AC base is 20 instead of 10. Also does he have any items set up with AC in his inventory, either from the compendium or custom like in my post just above this one?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Florent P. said: Hello everyone, I'm here to post a question. I have created a custom character sheets wich I used to modified from the game settings of my game. But I can't see anymore the code of my custom character sheets. Can anyone tell me where are now the code of any custom character sheets please ? Thanks in advance P.S. : I'm truly sorry if this question has already been posted, but i cold not find if that is the case Custom Character sheets are still on the Game Settings page. From your game's "Details" or landing page you click the "Settings" dropdown then "Game Settings" "Character Sheet Template" dropdown and "Custom" is the second option right after "None".

Edited 1459794624
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Florent P. , there is currently "a problem with having quotes in the French translation" that is causing issues. A fix has been implemented on the Dev server, and should very soon make it to the Prod servers. Check out this thread for more information.
Steve K. said: Marcin K. said: Just some feedback from players in my campaign --   Is it possible to enlarge the 'Items" section to the right and minimize the "features" section?     A section for 'notes' that can be visible for the items would also be welcome thanks for your hard work! Restructuring the layout isn't possible other than the sections all expand. Items do have a notes section, if you click on the "info" icon. A slightly related suggestion, is to have the "equipped" toggle available without having to expand each item.  To 'unequip' 6 items, one has to expand each item; unequip, then expand the next item, etc. I can understand if not possible / too much work -- just a suggestion I ran into.  I love how clean the OGL sheet is!

Edited 1459876186
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Chris H. said: Hello, I'm having an issue where my acrobatics modifier isn't being added to the roll. All other skill checks and dex skills work just fine, just acrobatics seems to be affected. Something I did? Or is this a known bug? What is your acrobatics bonus supposed to be? What number do you see to the immediate left of Acrobatics? Could you try checking the proficiency box beside the left of Acrobatics (twice), to allow the sheet workers to recalculate? If the above doesn't work, could you please try the following: Select a Token that Represents the affected Character. Copy/paste/enter @{selected|acrobatics_bonus} into the text chat. Post the output.
Silvyre said: What is your acrobatics bonus supposed to be? What number do you see to the immediate left of Acrobatics? Could you try checking the proficiency box beside the left of Acrobatics (twice), to allow the sheet workers to recalculate? If the above doesn't work, could you please try the following: Select a Token that Represents the affected Character. Copy/paste/enter @{selected|acrobatics_bonus} into the text chat. Post the output. Yeah I have prof in acrobatics. I've tried it without it, clicking it a couple times etc. hasn't worked yet.  My DM isn't available and he has something up where I can't control my token, but when I get a chance I will try the second method and post what happens
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Brett M. said: Hi, I did a search for "OGL HP" but nothing came up. In previous sheets (Community / Shaped), when you assign a token to a sheet, you could use the drop down by one of the "bars" (e.g., "Bar 1") to auto-populate the current HP and the max HP. In OGL, I've tried the various HP options (including 'regular', "NPC" and "NPCD" versions), but it either populates "current" or "max", but not both. I'd like it to sync both. Am I missing something? (Also, can someone explain the differences between the NPC and the NPCD attributes? My thanks!) Brett.
Thanks  Silvyre - I didn't realize the info was still being collected here :< .  My apologies.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Don't worry about it!
Silvyre said: What is your acrobatics bonus supposed to be? What number do you see to the immediate left of Acrobatics? Could you try checking the proficiency box beside the left of Acrobatics (twice), to allow the sheet workers to recalculate? If the above doesn't work, could you please try the following: Select a Token that Represents the affected Character. Copy/paste/enter @{selected|acrobatics_bonus} into the text chat. Post the output. Was finally able to try your second recommendation and it outputs 0, should be 5.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Chris H. said: Was finally able to try your second recommendation and it outputs 0, should be 5. Was your sheet converted from a previous sheet. It's possible there is a acrobatics_bonus field that's static and not being overwritten correctly. If you delete it from the Attributes and Abilities page it would fix the issue. Or, do you have anything set differently on the settings tab (gear) of the character sheet for the Acrobatics skill, like a flat modifier or a proficiency modifier? Silvyre said: Brett M. said: Hi, I did a search for "OGL HP" but nothing came up. In previous sheets (Community / Shaped), when you assign a token to a sheet, you could use the drop down by one of the "bars" (e.g., "Bar 1") to auto-populate the current HP and the max HP. In OGL, I've tried the various HP options (including 'regular', "NPC" and "NPCD" versions), but it either populates "current" or "max", but not both. I'd like it to sync both. Am I missing something? (Also, can someone explain the differences between the NPC and the NPCD attributes? My thanks!) Brett. The attribute is just "hp" lowercase. Here's an example:

Edited 1459959330
Hello, was curious if the OGL NPC sheet might be able to get their spells seperated by levels like in the players someday? I currently label NPC spells as [Level] - [Name] to keep track of what spell is what level or simply use a PC sheet for all my NPCs.

Edited 1459965055
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Krimm said: I switched over to the new 5e sheet, thank you to all those involved making it, it's been fantastic. I did notice that the stealth skill shows the d20 roll +1[STE]. It's not showing the number, instead using only +1. I tried this for existing character sheets that converted to the new sheets, and also created a brand new character to check if it still resulted in +1[STE] and it does. Thought I would let it be known. I'm not very savvy with this site or the many awesome tools & API, so if it's something i'm doing wrong, can someone please provide me with the know-how to fix the issue. Thanks! Was the affected Character Sheet converted from a different Character Sheet? Please locate and delete all Attributes on the Attributes & Abilities Tab of the affected Character named "stealth_bonus" (by hovering over the Attribute and pressing the x button); replace any lost information on the Character Sheet. Please let us know if doing the above fixes this issue. If not, try checking the proficiency box to the left of "Stealth" (on the sheet) twice, to allow the sheet workers to recalculate. If none of the above fixes this issue, please let us know the following: What your bonus supposed to be; What number you see to the immediate left of "Stealth"; What the text chat outputs when you copy/paste/enter @{Character Name|stealth_bonus} into the text chat box after replacing "Character Name" with the name of your Character (i.e. as it appears on the Journal tab of the Sidebar). Thank you.
Steve K. said: Chris H. said: Was finally able to try your second recommendation and it outputs 0, should be 5. Was your sheet converted from a previous sheet. It's possible there is a acrobatics_bonus field that's static and not being overwritten correctly. If you delete it from the Attributes and Abilities page it would fix the issue. Or, do you have anything set differently on the settings tab (gear) of the character sheet for the Acrobatics skill, like a flat modifier or a proficiency modifier? Found a couple things on that. Went into the attributes and abilities page and found that acrobatics_bonus was set to 0 and doesn't seem to be pulling any information from the sheet itself. acrobatics_prof is set to "(@{pb}*@{acrobatics_type})" and I can't find an acrobatics_type on the sheet so it's possible it's pulling from either a null modifier or flat out doesn't exist (which I think should throw an error but idk). If I set the acrobatics_bonus to what it should be it seems to work. Beyond that not sure what to do.

Edited 1459962995
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Chris H. said: Steve K. said: Chris H. said: Was finally able to try your second recommendation and it outputs 0, should be 5. Was your sheet converted from a previous sheet. It's possible there is a acrobatics_bonus field that's static and not being overwritten correctly. If you delete it from the Attributes and Abilities page it would fix the issue. Or, do you have anything set differently on the settings tab (gear) of the character sheet for the Acrobatics skill, like a flat modifier or a proficiency modifier? If I set the acrobatics_bonus to what it should be it seems to work. Beyond that not sure what to do. Could you please try deleting all Attributes named acrobatics_bonus (by hovering over them and pressing the x button)? Please then replace any lost information on the Character Sheet, and let us know if this fixes this issue. Thank you.
Deleting the acrobatics_bonus seemed to work! Thank you!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Great to know, thanks!