Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v1.4 now with Transfer Script

Edited 1461900801
Silvyre said: Toboe L. said: How do I create a simple multi-attack token macro for NPCs? I can easily (although tediously, since I like naming my macro ability buttons; can't use the "%{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action}" trick as far as I can tell), but if I want to make a simple macro for the Multiattack action that will execute both the Bite & Claw attacks, I can't figure out how to manipulate the roll templates so it only comes out in one giant roll template box with the "Multiattack" title. How about handling this via Ability Command Buttons ? e.g. placing [@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_action) within one of your other Token Actions? Personally, I might prefer to use a "menu" of Ability Command Buttons to handle NPC actions. e.g. /w gm &{template:npcatk} {{name=[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action) [@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_action) [+](! /w gm &{template:npcatk} {{name=[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_npc_action) [@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$3_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$3_npc_action) [+](! /w gm &{template:npcatk} {{name=[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$4_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$4_npc_action) [@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$5_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$5_npc_action) [+](!
/w gm &{template:npcatk} {{name=[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$6_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$6_npc_action) 
 [@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$7_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$7_npc_action) }}) }}) }}) }} I would save the above macro as something like #NPCActions, and then write "#NPCActions" on a new line at the end of my relevant Token Actions, or use it as a stand-alone macro. This specific macro displays NPC Actions two at a time in order to prevent the user from being potentially inundated with missing Attribute error messages. Press the "+" button to access the next two npc_action buttons (up to the npcaction_$7, currently). [EDIT: silly duplicate posts :P] Either I'm not copying this right or there's extraneous code; I get a error when attempting to write a Multiattack macro for the  Lizardfolk creature: You tried to use the repeating section row at index 5 for repeating_npcaction, but there doesn't seem to be a row at that index. No attribute was found for @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$5_name}" So I tried deleting all the lines for the @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$5_name} and onward, and, well, I must've deleted the wrong bits 'cause it's still not working. I only have 4 abilities for the Lizardfolk at the moment: one to generate its HP via its HPformula (which hopefully has been fixed now instead of my manual hack), and one for each attack option: Bite, Heavy Club, Javelin, and Spiked Shield, in that order.  Generally speaking, the multiattack typically  only applies to two actions anyway; the Lizardfolk happens to have 4 options. Most of my other monsters for the next session only have 2 actions during multiattack, so if I could just combine them into one macro that outputs into a single roll template that would be great. 
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Toboe L. said: Either I'm not copying this right or there's extraneous code; I get a error when attempting to write a Multiattack macro for the  Lizardfolk creature: You tried to use the repeating section row at index 5 for repeating_npcaction, but there doesn't seem to be a row at that index. No attribute was found for @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$5_name}" Here's what the macro does when used on a fresh Lizardfolk Character. Note that at this time, reopening a Macro saved under the My Settings tab of the Sidebar causes HTML entities within to be reverted; if the Macro is then saved, so are those reversions. This behaviour is not present within Abilities , so it may be more convenient to save this macro (which contains HTML entities) as an Ability. Toboe L. said: Generally speaking, the multiattack typically  only applies to two actions anyway; the Lizardfolk happens to have 4 options. Most of my other monsters for the next session only have 2 actions during multiattack, so if I could just combine them into one macro that outputs into a single roll template that would be great. I'll try my hand at this. One difficulty is the fact that Roll Template {{properties}} require unique propertynames, so only one set of special properties (e.g. ones that utilize helper functions) could be used within a single Roll Template.

Edited 1461912598
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Okay, here's what I've got. @{selected|wtype} &{template:npcatk} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{description=[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_dmg): [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_tohit} ]] | [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_tohit} ]] [*(Crit?)*](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_crit) @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_description} [@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_dmg): [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_tohit} ]] | [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_tohit} ]] [*(Crit?)*](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_crit) @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_description}}} The number of npcactions output can be easily adjusted, e.g. from 2 to 5: @{selected|wtype} &{template:npcatk} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{description=[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_dmg): [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_tohit} ]] | [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_tohit} ]] [*(Crit?)*](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_crit) @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_description} [@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_dmg): [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_tohit} ]] | [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_tohit} ]] [*(Crit?)*](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_crit) @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_description} [@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_npc_dmg): [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_attack_tohit} ]] | [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_attack_tohit} ]] [*(Crit?)*](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_npc_crit) @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_description} [@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$3_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$3_npc_dmg): [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$3_attack_tohit} ]] | [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$3_attack_tohit} ]] [*(Crit?)*](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$3_npc_crit) @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$3_description} [@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$4_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$4_npc_dmg): [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$4_attack_tohit} ]] | [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$4_attack_tohit} ]] [*(Crit?)*](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$4_npc_crit) @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$4_description}}}
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Pixelscapes said: I have tried this on several sheets and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Right now I'm looking at one and it's not working.... Either way, when it does work, that's an individual fix. I have over a hundred monsters and NPCs set up in each of four campaigns; is there really no way to reset this for them across the board? Can you give me an example of a game (with url) and name of the character and attack that this doesn't fix it for? You could use a API script to cycle through every character and let the API "reboot" each character. It would be pretty easy to set up.

Edited 1469929598
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Alexandra W. said: When I roll a skill from my character sheet, it doesn't add my modifier. In the chat box where it shows the roll, the modifier shows as 0, even though my character sheet shows the proper modifiers. A couple of my friends are having the same problem, but others' are working properly. Help!! :O On the  Attributes & Abilities Tab of the affected Characters, please locate and delete all Attributes which have a name similar to: "PB" or "pb" " <skill> _bonus"; e.g. "deception_bonus" " <ability> _mod"; e.g. "strength_mod" To delete an Attribute, hover over it and press the x button that appears.
Silvyre said: Okay, here's what I've got. @{selected|wtype} &{template:npcatk} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{description=[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_dmg): [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_tohit} ]] | [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_tohit} ]] [*(Crit?)*](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_crit) @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_description} [@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_dmg): [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_tohit} ]] | [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_tohit} ]] [*(Crit?)*](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_crit) @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_description}}} The number of npcactions output can be easily adjusted, e.g. from 2 to 5: @{selected|wtype} &{template:npcatk} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{description=[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_dmg): [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_tohit} ]] | [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_tohit} ]] [*(Crit?)*](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_crit) @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_description} [@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_dmg): [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_tohit} ]] | [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_tohit} ]] [*(Crit?)*](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_crit) @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_description} [@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_npc_dmg): [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_attack_tohit} ]] | [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_attack_tohit} ]] [*(Crit?)*](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_npc_crit) @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_description} [@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$3_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$3_npc_dmg): [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$3_attack_tohit} ]] | [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$3_attack_tohit} ]] [*(Crit?)*](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$3_npc_crit) @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$3_description} [@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$4_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$4_npc_dmg): [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$4_attack_tohit} ]] | [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$4_attack_tohit} ]] [*(Crit?)*](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$4_npc_crit) @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$4_description}}} It only posts the Attack1 to hit, and no damage (even though I've set the character sheet to auto-roll all damage and crits). It never posts the Attack2. I've tried this as both an Ability macro and a regular macro (whatever those are called).  All I want is to manipulate the roll templates of the Attack1 and Attack2 attacks such that if I make a new Ability macro and paste in some unholy mess, I will get one large roll template under the Multi-Attack Ability Macro Header Title.  For example, for Attack1, this is the code I have for Bite as an Ability macro, listed as a token action: @{Lizardfolk|wtype}&{template:npcaction} {{attack=1}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{name=@{Lizardfolk|npc_name}}} {{rname=Bite}} {{r1=[[1d20+(4+0)]]}} @{Lizardfolk|rtype}+(4+0)]]}} {{dmg1=[[1d6 + 2+0]]}} {{dmg1type=piercing}} {{dmg2=[[+0]]}} {{dmg2type=}} {{crit1=[[1d6+0]]}} {{crit2=[[+0]]}} {{description=}} @{Lizardfolk|charname_output} And here is the code for "Attack2," the Spiked Shield of the Lizardfolk, as a separate Ability macro, also listed as a token action: @{Lizardfolk|wtype}&{template:npcaction} {{attack=1}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{name=@{Lizardfolk|npc_name}}} {{rname=Spiked Shield}} {{r1=[[1d20+(4+0)]]}} @{Lizardfolk|rtype}+(4+0)]]}} {{dmg1=[[1d6 + 2+0]]}} {{dmg1type=piercing}} {{dmg2=[[+0]]}} {{dmg2type=}} {{crit1=[[1d6+0]]}} {{crit2=[[+0]]}} {{description=}} @{Lizardfolk|charname_output} All I did is copy the code mess that comes from clicking the action, getting the chat output, and hitting the "up" arrow to attain said code mess. Practically none of it makes any sense to me (the 5e OGL wiki hasn't been updated with information on how to manipulate the roll-templates or how it's set-up or what all these variables mean; rtype? dmg1flag? what? IT'S MAGIC). I tried just mashing these two code blocks together and while it mechanically works, it doesn't put everything into one ginormous roll template block which is what I really want. When I have multiple NPCs all with multi-attack I need to know where the breaks are between NPCs multiattacks. 

Edited 1461989620
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Toboe L. said: Silvyre said: @{selected|wtype} &{template:npcatk} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{description=[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_dmg): [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_tohit} ]] | [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_tohit} ]] [*(Crit?)*](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_crit) @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_description} [@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_dmg): [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_tohit} ]] | [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_tohit} ]] [*(Crit?)*](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_crit) @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_description}}} It only posts the Attack1 to hit, and no damage (even though I've set the character sheet to auto-roll all damage and crits). You would click on the names of the npcactions to roll damage. If you'd like to have damage displayed inline, you could add to the macro something like this: Damage: [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damage} (+0) ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damagetype} + [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damage2} (+0) ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damagetype2} (if crit, add [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_crit} (+0) ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damagetype} + [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_crit2} (+0) ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damagetype2}) ... Damage: [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_damage} (+0) ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_damagetype} + [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_damage2} (+0) ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_damagetype2} (if crit, add [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_crit} (+0) ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_damagetype} + [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_crit2} (+0) ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_damagetype2} It never posts the Attack2. I'm not entirely sure I know what you're referring to, here. If you're referring instead to npcaction_$4 (i.e. Spiked Shield), you'll need to use the latter "adjusted" macro, which contains the code for npcactions $2 through $4. If you'd like to choose whether to conditionally output npcactions $1 through $4 in addition to always outputting $0 (i.e. Multiattack), you can use [Advanced] Roll Queries to do so. I'd be happy to help get you set up with that. If you're instead referring to a second set of inline rolls (i.e. those used for [dis]advantage); those are/should be present within all of the macros I've posted, unless you're using the Never Roll Advantage option. I tried just mashing these two code blocks together and while it mechanically works, it doesn't put everything into one ginormous roll template block which is what I really want. Removing "@{Lizardfolk|wtype}&{template:npcaction}" from the second macro and removing the line breaks between the two macros would be the logical way of going about getting a "ginormous roll template block". However, this won't work for us, because Roll Templates won't display more than one property with identical propertynames. This behaviour in action: &{template:default}} {{Non-Unique Property Name=foo}} {{Non-Unique Property Name=bar}} The above outputs bar, but not foo. The "ginormous roll template block" would output the information of the lattermost npcaction, and neglect the others. That's why I offered a few macros as alternative solutions, and would be happy to help you with any specific questions you have regarding the Roll Templates used by the OGL by Roll20 sheet, to the best of my ability, within this thread. More general questions about Roll Templates are best posted as a new thread in the Character Sheets forum . Unfortunately, there does not currently exist much in terms of specific documentation covering special properties used by the OGL by Roll20 Roll Templates (I learned all of what I know about Roll Templates, including the ones used by this sheet, by fiddling around with the sheet button outputs, and referring the  Roll Templates Wiki page and the sheet's HTML , where Roll Templates live).
(huzzah I have figured out how to do screenshots on a chromebook)  By "Attack2 not posting" I mean this: No Spiked Shield / anything else. Which I later realized is probably because $0 was reserved for my HP formula macro, so it obviously couldn't roll damage. I changed all the $0's to $1's and the $1's to $2s, and now I get something...closer.  I've incorporated your inline damage rolls, for this ginormous code block: @{selected|wtype} &{template:npcatk} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{description=[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_dmg): [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_tohit} ]] | [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_tohit} ]] [*(Crit?)*](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_crit) @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_description} [@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_npc_dmg): [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_attack_tohit} ]] | [[ 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_attack_tohit} ]] [*(Crit?)*](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_npc_crit) @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_description} Damage: [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_damage} (+0) ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_damagetype} + [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_damage2} (+0) ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_damagetype2} (if crit, add [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_crit} (+0) ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_damagetype} + [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_crit2} (+0) ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_damagetype2}) ... Damage: [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_attack_damage} (+0) ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_attack_damagetype} + [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_attack_damage2} (+0) ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_attack_damagetype2} (if crit, add [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_attack_crit} (+0) ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_attack_damagetype} + [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_attack_crit2} (+0) ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_attack_damagetype2} }} Which gives me this: which uh, almost works! As I understand, in 5e crits don't get to add the static modifier again, they just get double damage dice. I deleted the "+ [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_crit2} (+0) ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_damagetype2}" bit and now it looks okay, I think. Also, is there a way to tack on the attack name right before their respective damage rolls? Otherwise I can just manually change it to Damage1 & Damage 2, but it'll look prettier with the actual attack name in there.  Thanks so much for messing with this macro Silvyre - apparently this multi-attack macro business is trickier than I thought!

Edited 1461991073
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Toboe L. said: By "Attack2 not posting" I mean [...] No Spiked Shield / anything else. Yup, I had just figured that out when you posted, haha. To get npcaction_$4 (i.e. Spiked Shield) to display, you'll need to use the latter "adjusted" macro, which contains the code for npcactions $2 through $4. If you'd like to choose whether to conditionally output npcactions $1 through $4 in addition to always outputting $0 (i.e. Multiattack, by default, for apparently many SRD5 creatures), you can use [Advanced] Roll Queries to do so. If that interests you, I'd be happy to help get you set up with that. crits don't get to add the static modifier again, they just get double damage dice. I deleted the "+ [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_crit2} (+0) ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_damagetype2}" bit That's not a static modifier; it's the "Crit section" associated with the second damage type. Like the first "Crit section", it basically just rolls the dice within "on hit" damage (and ignores any static modifiers). Also, is there a way to tack on the attack name right before their respective damage rolls? Yup. It might be a good exercise in macro-writing to try to figure out which Attribute(s) you should reuse to accomplish this. If I were using this macro, I might alternatively rearrange the macro code such that each "damage section" sits directly below its corresponding attack section. This is another good exercise, if you're interested.
Silvyre said: Toboe L. said:  crits don't get to add the static modifier again, they just get double damage dice. I deleted the "+ [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_crit2} (+0) ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_attack_damagetype2}" bit That's not a static modifier; it's the "Crit section" associated with the second damage type. Like the first "Crit section", it basically just rolls the dice within "on hit" damage (and ignores any static modifiers). Oooooh, okay. Luckily Lizardfolk only have one damage type, but now I get it. Yup. It might be a good exercise in macro-writing to try to figure out which Attribute(s) you should reuse to accomplish this. If I were using this macro, I might alternatively rearrange the macro code such that each "damage section" sits directly below its corresponding attack section. This is another good exercise, if you're interested. Right, but staring at this code block on a chromebook screen is making my eyes cloud over. I need to prep for the actual session now instead of messing around with macros; it's kludgey but it works for now, and when I have more free time I can try  to make it prettier. (Why does D&D have so many bitty parts??? ._.) Thanks again for your help!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
DM Cody said: Hi, I hope this is the right forum for this (not terribly sure as I know sheets use to be community-only, blah blah OGL support now). So, playing around with the New OGL Sheet-- really impressed so far-- and I noticed when adding an additional weapon to the sheet it does not calculate correctly. Example: Import 'Orc' from compendium All weapons look good (Greataxe and Javelin) Click add weapon Pull Greatsword onto the new weapon line It correctly pulls name of weapon and damage die, but the mods are incorrect So it seems the sheet is supposed to import a weapon to the NPC sheet as it highlights and pulls SOME of the info, but the rest is incomplete or bugged out. Thanks Is this the Orc NPC you're talking about? Exactly which mods are incorrect?
Dan
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Silvyre said: DM Cody said: Hi, I hope this is the right forum for this (not terribly sure as I know sheets use to be community-only, blah blah OGL support now). So, playing around with the New OGL Sheet-- really impressed so far-- and I noticed when adding an additional weapon to the sheet it does not calculate correctly. Example: Import 'Orc' from compendium All weapons look good (Greataxe and Javelin) Click add weapon Pull Greatsword onto the new weapon line It correctly pulls name of weapon and damage die, but the mods are incorrect So it seems the sheet is supposed to import a weapon to the NPC sheet as it highlights and pulls SOME of the info, but the rest is incomplete or bugged out. Thanks Is this the Orc NPC you're talking about? Exactly which mods are incorrect? The mods are incorrect when dragging a new weapon over.  IE the sheet HAS the import ability when I pull over the Greatsword; but it only PARTIALLY imports (thus making me believe it is intended, and not functioning correctly).  When adding the greatsword as above, the name and damage die are correct, but none of the mods are importing (attack, bonus damage, etc)

Edited 1462283874
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I just dragged an Orc onto a fresh Character and tested its Greataxe action: Greataxe : Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (1d12 + 3 ) slashing damage. The action output 1d20+5 for the attack rolls and 1d12+3 for the damage rolls, as expected. Was your experience different?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
DM Cody, the NPC section doesn't currently support dropping items into NPC actions and setting up new attacks automatically. It is only importing the information from the SRD.
Dan
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Got it Steve. Thanks! Now another small issue (again, not sure if intended). %{Selected|npc_perception} Kicks out a beautiful little template. But it is not adding in wisdom modifier, just rolling a d20. I know it is not common for 5e monsters to use an active perception roll, but they do in my game at times they might be hunting down hiding PCs.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
DM Cody said: But it is not adding in wisdom modifier, just rolling a d20. Which NPC are you referring to?
Dan
Pro
Marketplace Creator
The Grick is the one I tested it out on.

Edited 1462301883
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I can confirm this. It appears that the npcd_<skill> and npcd_<save> Attributes corresponding to skills/saves that are not found on the NPC statblock are importing as null values. This probably occurs for all Compendium creatures.
Dan
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Giant Spider is missing Bite Attack completely.
BUG: Trying to input the cantrip "Thorn Whip" as an NPC block, but for some reason it absolutely refuses to roll the d20 melee spell attack. It only rolls the damage. I even tried duplicating a working spell and altering it, but whatever combination Thorn Whip has, it won't roll any d20s. 
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Ang M said: Hi there! I have found what I think might be a couple calculation errors on the SRD5 Character Sheet, regarding the Hit Dice field: On the character sheet tab (the CORE subtab) I attempted to roll my Hit Dice as a test, and was receiving an incorrect equation in the Chat Window. My Constitution score is 14, with a modifier calculated at 2. When I roll my Hit Dice, I get an equation that states it is using a Constitution modifier of 0. There are a series of fields in the Attributes Tab... ...with titles like "constitution_calculated" and "constitution_mod", and they are listed with values of the default "10" and "0". In this screenshot, you can also see the calculated and mod entries for intelligence, also rated at 10 and 0 by default, and not pulling in the new values I've entered on my character sheet. That appears to be the source of the Hit Dice equation, when it seems like it should be pulling from a field that takes my actual constitution score. For now I've been able to manually adjust the "constitution_calculated" and "constitution_mod" fields to be correct according to my current stats (14 and 2, respectively), and the Hit Dice roll seems to work correctly once I've adjusted the fields. These "SKILL_calculated" and "SKILL_mod" fields are maybe holdovers from a previous version of the character sheet, and are no longer valid. Additionally , the Hit Dice equation does not update when I change how many dice I am rolling. It only ever calculates 1 dice That appears to successfully update the "hit_dice" field on the attributes list, but it does not seem to update the equation when I roll the hit dice. ------------------------------------------------- REQUESTS Can the Hit Dice equation be corrected on the sheet to pull information from a field that correctly updates when I make skill score changes? Can the Hit Count Equation be updated to reflect the correct number of hit dice being rolled? Thanks in advance for any help or advice on these issues!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Ang M said: [...] fields are maybe holdovers from a previous version of the character sheet, and are no longer valid. REQUESTS Can the Hit Dice equation be corrected on the sheet to pull information from a field that correctly updates when I make skill score changes? Those conflicting Attributes were almost certainly created by a previous Character Sheet. To solve issues stemming from conflicting Attributes, we suggest that you delete them. To delete an Attribute, hover over it and press the x button that appears.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Toboe L. said: BUG: Trying to input the cantrip "Thorn Whip" as an NPC block, but for some reason it absolutely refuses to roll the d20 melee spell attack. It only rolls the damage. I even tried duplicating a working spell and altering it, but whatever combination Thorn Whip has, it won't roll any d20s. 

Edited 1462919044
Silvyre
Forum Champion
DM Cody said: Hey guys, I am working on my new monster templates, and I cannot find this field. I would like to be able to reference the field circled below so that it spits it out on a token macro. Like these: %{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$0_npc_action} %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action} %{selected|repeating_spell-npc_$0_spell} Thanks in advance! Cody You can use your browser's inspect element feature on a section of a Character Sheet to find the name of Attribute(s) associated with it. Within the HTML, the names of Attributes are prefixed with attr_ e.g. <input name="attr_ Endurance " type="text"> Alternatively, you could search for Attribute names via the sheet's full HTML on GitHub . Using my element inspector on that section, I found: The <span name="attr_npc_name">Adult Black Dragon</span> can take <span name="attr_npc_legendary_actions">3</span> legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature's turn. The <span name="attr_npc_name">Adult Black Dragon</span> regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn. i.e. The @{npc_name} can take @{npc_legendary_actions} legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature's turn. The @{npc_name} regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.

Edited 1462920000
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Diem said: Hey guys - Just wondering if anyone knows how to format a custom spell card using the spell template. I've been working through it but can't figure out how to add the components properly. I've been meekly searching for about twenty minutes but haven't come up with anything yet. So far as an example: &{template:spell} {{level=Evocation Cantrip}} {{name=Light}} {{castingtime=1 action}} {{range=Touch}}} Found the above on 763 of the sheet's HTML : &{template:spell} {{level=@{spellschool} @{spelllevel}}} {{name=@{spellname_base}}} {{castingtime=@{spellcastingtime}}} {{range=@{spellrange}}} {{target=@{spelltarget}}} @{spellcomp_v} @{spellcomp_s} @{spellcomp_m} {{material=@{spellcomp_materials}}} {{duration=@{spellduration}}} {{description=@{spelldescription}}} {{athigherlevels=@{spellathigherlevels}}} {ritual=1}} {{concentration=1}} {{charname=Character Name}} The names within the Attribute calls (e.g. "spellschool" within @{spellschool}) need to be specially prefixed in order to reference the appropriate repeating section (e.g. @{repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_ spellschool }), and furthermore adding a keyword if necessary, e.g. @{ selected |repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellschool}).
Hello, love this sheet! so new to roll20 but excited to get ...."rolling"... :) I'm trying to get initiative to work, when I create my NPC (say Wolf) and clicking on the wolf name in the character sheet nothing happens...also tried to uncheck NPC and use the initiative in the Core tab, nothing....have also tried to make token macro buttons with %{selected|initiative}, also nothing (other than the text printing out... I'm very likely missing something simple here..any thoughts? many thanks!
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Adge said: Hello, love this sheet! so new to roll20 but excited to get ...."rolling"... :) I'm trying to get initiative to work, when I create my NPC (say Wolf) and clicking on the wolf name in the character sheet nothing happens...also tried to uncheck NPC and use the initiative in the Core tab, nothing....have also tried to make token macro buttons with %{selected|initiative}, also nothing (other than the text printing out... I'm very likely missing something simple here..any thoughts? many thanks! Initiative rolls expect you to have a token selected on the current page. Could that be the problem?
Steve K. said: Initiative rolls expect you to have a token selected on the current page. Could that be the problem? nope I definitely have it selected (thanks, I had to double check!)
I figured it out...didn't add my tokens to a turn

Edited 1462920946
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Glad you figured it out!
Thanks! now to work on the "harder stuff" ~~~ love love love this community

Edited 1462922755
Dan
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Silvyre said: DM Cody said: Hey guys, I am working on my new monster templates, and I cannot find this field. I would like to be able to reference the field circled below so that it spits it out on a token macro. Like these: %{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$0_npc_action} %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action} %{selected|repeating_spell-npc_$0_spell} Thanks in advance! Cody You can use your browser's inspect element feature on a section of a Character Sheet to find the name of Attribute(s) associated with it. Within the HTML, the names of Attributes are prefixed with attr_ e.g. <input name="attr_ Endurance " type="text"> Alternatively, you could search for Attribute names via the sheet's full HTML on GitHub . Using my element inspector on that section, I found: The <span name="attr_npc_name">Adult Black Dragon</span> can take <span name="attr_npc_legendary_actions">3</span> legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature's turn. The <span name="attr_npc_name">Adult Black Dragon</span> regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn. i.e. The @{npc_name} can take @{npc_legendary_actions} legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature's turn. The @{npc_name} regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn. The field has to have a variable right? I don't see anything there Silvyre that I could use like to create an output like %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action} as a token action. I mean thanks for the help, I just don't see quite what I am looking for. @Steve K. any ideas perhaps? GAH! Looooooosing. Mind. 

Edited 1462926159
Silvyre
Forum Champion
DM Cody said: Silvyre said: The @{npc_name} can take @{npc_legendary_actions} legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature's turn. The @{npc_name} regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn. I don't see anything there Silvyre that I could use like to create an output like %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action} as a token action. I mean thanks for the help, I just don't see quite what I am looking for. Could you be more specific with what you are looking for? The above code, when pasted into an Ability, will output exactly what you circled in the image you posted. If you want to output the above code within the &{template:npcaction} Roll Template (stored as a Settings Macro, used as a Token Action), try this: @{selected|wtype}&{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=Legendary Actions}} {{description=The @{selected|npc_name} can take @{selected|npc_legendary_actions} legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature's turn. The @{selected|npc_name} regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.}} @{selected|charname_output}
Dan
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Ah... I see what you're saying. I haven't even tried it out as I type this, but I believe it will handle it just fine. Thanks! Sorry for the confusion.
Steve K. said: Can you give me an example of a game (with url) and name of the character and attack that this doesn't fix it for? You could use a API script to cycle through every character and let the API "reboot" each character. It would be pretty easy to set up. Thanks, Steve! I already redid that character I found (guess I should have kept it) and so far that fix has worked for others. I would love such an API script, but unfortunately that's beyond my expertise... 
Silvyre
Forum Champion
DM Cody said: Ok so as you can see from the picture, whenever I use this macro, it is rolling twice as many dice as it should-- though it is still reporting the correct amount/result. I was in fact able to reproduce this bug even after logging out and logging back in. It did not duplicate on a typed out roll. It did duplicate the bug when trying another spell (lightning bolt) from the sheet. It did duplicate when trying a different die type (d8s from sleep) Chrome, Windows 10 It did not duplicate when trying an inline roll from the chat window either. The "extra" dice you see being rolled are in fact dice reserved for critical hits. You are seeing them because you have "Auto Roll Damage & Crit" enabled.
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
I've been using the OGL sheets in all of my games and they're fantastic. The drag and drop feature has saved me hours of prep. Thank you! I found a small error in the compendium. The bite attack for the Giant Fire Beetle has a long dash in the damage rather than a negative sign. This is causing the Bite action not to show up.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Kirsty said: I've been using the OGL sheets in all of my games and they're fantastic. The drag and drop feature has saved me hours of prep. Thank you! I found a small error in the compendium. The bite attack for the Giant Fire Beetle has a long dash in the damage rather than a negative sign. This is causing the Bite action not to show up. This should be fixed.
Silvyre said: Alexandra W. said: When I roll a skill from my character sheet, it doesn't add my modifier. In the chat box where it shows the roll, the modifier shows as 0, even though my character sheet shows the proper modifiers. A couple of my friends are having the same problem, but others' are working properly. Help!! :O On the  Attributes & Abilities Tab of the affected Characters, locate and delete all Attributes that have the name "<skill>_bonus", e.g. "deception_bonus". To delete an Attribute, hover over it and press the x button that appears. THANK YOU! That fixed it completely! :D

Edited 1463185804
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Alexandra W. said: Silvyre said: On the  Attributes & Abilities Tab of the affected Characters, locate and delete all Attributes that have the name "<skill>_bonus", e.g. "deception_bonus". To delete an Attribute, hover over it and press the x button that appears. THANK YOU! That fixed it completely! :D Awesome! Revence d'Mergatroyd said: I'm setting up my 5e character sheet. All of the boxes are editable except for INITIATIVE. When I hover my mouse over it I get a red circle-slash and I'm unable to edit the value. It just says "((floor((". I'm theorizing that it is the lowest initiative modifier possible and is, for some reason, not displaying correctly. I did notice that when hovering over it the alt-text is "@{initiative_bonus}" but that does not appear in the Attributes list. I added an "initiative_bonus" attribute but nothing changed. Any ideas? On the Attributes & Abilities Tab of the affected Character(s), please locate and delete all Attributes that have the name "jack_of_all_trades". To delete an Attribute, hover over it and press the x button that appears. After doing so, you may wish to toggle the Jack of All Trades checkbox within the  Skill Options section of the Settings Page . If the above fails to resolve the issue, could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
@Silvyre I don't have the jack_of_all_trades attribute; Nothing to delete. I toggled the option in the settings and it displayed "(floor(@{pb}/2))" in the box. I don't have a "pb" entry in Attributes other than it showing up as "@{pb}" in the boxes of other attributes. The issue persists after disabling all extensions. This is not surprising. If it any extension was interfering with the sheet it would likely interfere with everything on the sheet. What is weirder about this is that the initiative calculation applies the correct modifier (+2, in my case) despite having a gimp entry. When I was looking at the settings I saw that I entered a value in "Initiative modifier" in the top-left box. I included a "+" in this value. I removed it and my initiative went from "((floor((" to "3". I added it back and verified that it went back to "((floor((". Adding just a "2" also showed the Initiative as 5. So, in stepping through the troubleshooting that you provided I have discovered my mistake and corrected it. Thanks!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Revence d'Mergatroyd said: When I was looking at the settings I saw that I entered a value in "Initiative modifier" in the top-left box. I included a "+" in this value. I removed it and my initiative went from "((floor((" to "3". I added it back and verified that it went back to "((floor((". Adding just a "2" also showed the Initiative as 5. So, in stepping through the troubleshooting that you provided I have discovered my mistake and corrected it. Thanks! Ah, I'm very glad you discovered what was going on. Thank you for sharing the solution to this!

Edited 1463242181
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Warren LaFrance said: I have noticed a odd thing concerning spell discriptions when using the new character sheet. Some spells when you click on the wording or red dot will either give you the description or attack. This works perferctly, but if you have to make a casting level choice it gets a bit odd. For example: I have added thunderwave via the SRD content using the drag and drop support. If I click on the words or red dot I get the following. Once I pick my level and click submit I get the following in the chat dialog window. Other spells include the description and etc. Is there a means to get the cards to include the description info if desired... Here is an example of what my players and I want... One click and you get the description and attack. Maybe a ctrl-click or such.. Is this possible?? The reason this is important is because I have asked the players to display the description and as it stands with spells that have the level selection dialog, they cannot display them... Most likely we just don't know how to get it to display. Only one type of output ("Attack" or "Spellcard") is possible when clicking on a spell roll button. For more information, check out: Spell Roll Buttons . Nonetheless, there is a way to output both simultaneously—this stems from the fact that spells attacks can also be called from the  Attacks & Spellcasting section of the Core Page . To accomplish this: Locate the spell attack on the Attacks & Spellcasting section of the Core Page . Acquire the Ability call corresponding to its sheet roll button (e.g. by reading the the Sheet Rolls Wiki section and then following the necessary steps). Make sure that the relevant spell's output is set to "Spellcard" on the Spell Page . Add the following to the very end of the spell's "AT HIGHER LEVELS" field: }} @{charname_output} [The Ability call you acquired goes here.]

Edited 1463247504
Steve K. said: Toboe L. said: BUG: Trying to input the cantrip "Thorn Whip" as an NPC block, but for some reason it absolutely refuses to roll the d20 melee spell attack. It only rolls the damage. I even tried duplicating a working spell and altering it, but whatever combination Thorn Whip has, it won't roll any d20s.  Still doesn't work. Only ever rolls damage; never the to hit d20s. The super weird thing is that Produce Flame works (rolls the d20s to hit and the damage), but Thorn Whip doesn't - I tried duplicating Produce Flame and then reediting the "fire" to "piercing" etc, but whatever it is, doesn't work. 
Acquire the Ability call corresponding to its sheet roll button (e.g. by reading the the Sheet Rolls Wiki section and then following the necessary steps). The directions don't seem to work when I test it in the chat box:  %{Hailfire "Harry" Humblebum | Magic Magic Missile } The UI Reported: No ability was found for %{Hailfire "Harry" Humblebum | Magic Missile }

Edited 1463275611
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Warren LaFrance said: %{Hailfire "Harry" Humblebum | Magic Missile } Do you have that spell saved as an Ability (on the Attributes & Abilities Tab of your Character)? If so please let me know, and we'll take a different approach to concatenating output modes. Otherwise, please try this: Drag down to the Macro Quick Bar . Click on the button that's created when you complete the above step. Focus the text chat input box (by clicking into to it, or using the Advanced Shortcut c c ). When it's focused, a blue outline appears around it. Press the up arrow key on your keyboard. Please let me know if you experience any difficulty in completing any of the above steps.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Christopher (Obi) said: So, I have an issue with a character's sheet...just one character, the party's 5th level Sorc cannot cast spells using the Roll20 5th OGL sheet without throwing a script error. Its just him and it doesn't matter if the spells are pulled over or if they are manually entered. The error outputs as: TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined at resolveslot (apiscript.js:759:34) at handleslotspell (apiscript.js:745:5) at apiscript.js:530:17 at eval (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:105:34), :65:16) at Object.publish (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:105:34), :70:8) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1197:12 at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546) at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489) at Ld.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:94:425) at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:111:400 If anyone has any clue what's going on....I'd love to get it fixed.

Edited 1463319818
UPDATE:  I deleted the action and re-added manually, and it added without problem.   It seems to be related to the fact I originally added the Shocking Grasp action via drag-and-drop from the built-in SRD, as when I did the same after the above work around, I encountered the same problem.  However, when I drag-and-drop Mage Armor, the problem doesn't occur. Thanks for any help! ~~~~~~~~~~~ Forgive me if this has been noted.  I have an NPC that I'm adding Actions / Spells to, and the last action (it's a spell) can't be seen/clicked unless I open the settings cog. Here you can see the settings cog at the bottom right, only because I hovered over that area with my cursor, but now text / action: Here you can now see the action (Shocking Grasp), as I clicked on the settings cog (and if I scroll down further I can see the entire action, but once I click the cog again, all text for this action disappears): Thanks for any help!
A bit of an update...after playing around I've found that its related to the spell slot tracking. Turing it off means no crashing...
Silvyre said: Warren LaFrance said: %{Hailfire "Harry" Humblebum | Magic Missile } Do you have that spell saved as an Ability (on the Attributes & Abilities Tab of your Character)? If so please let me know, and we'll take a different approach to concatenating output modes. Otherwise, please try this: Drag down to the Macro Quick Bar . Click on the button that's created when you complete the above step. Focus the text chat input box (by clicking into to it, or using the Advanced Shortcut c c ). When it's focused, a blue outline appears around it. Press the up arrow key on your keyboard. Please let me know if you experience any difficulty in completing any of the above steps. ========================================================== I don't think I have the formula right yet, but I am closer..  This is what the spell looks like now: