Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script Update] TokenMod -- An interface to adjusting properties of a token from a macro or the chat area.

Edited 1605623988
Once the macro is done, I set the otken as default token manually but now when I drag on the tokens despite being named Giant 1 2 3 4 etc... they are updating their health altogether. any ideas? At least for the last topic I can say: if you link HP to the bar of a token instead of taking only the value, you have always the HP from the attached character sheet. Therefore all tokens are updated despite they have different names. It is strongly recommended to link HP only for unique sheets, i.e. PCs or unique NPCs. For generic monster just use the value.
Thanks all, I'll give it a go

Edited 1605626333
Thanks for the suggestion! i'm trying to use to use on my turn but i'm failing miserably  :( ahahah i created an abilty called: OnMyTurn and put  !token-mod --set statusmarkers|?blue:-1 --ids @{selected|token_id} Inside it. then i roll for the initiative of the tokens and skip the turns with the tracker, but nothing happens, am i missing something? I get this error:  TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined at apiscript.js:12978:44 at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), <anonymous>:65:16) at Object.publish (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), <anonymous>:70:8) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1661:12 at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546) at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489) at Zd.Ld.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:94:425) at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:111:461
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I will attempt to duplicate that tonight and get a solution.  It's definitely possible there's bug to deal with in the code.
The Aaron said: I will attempt to duplicate that tonight and get a solution.  It's definitely possible there's bug to deal with in the code. Cool thank you so much! it's driving me crazy and i don't understand why!
Has anyone else experienced issues with using rollable table tokens since the update last week? My druid wildshape macro and rollable table are no longer working and nothing else has been changed that I can find.

Edited 1605863714
Hello, Is there a list of all the commands available? My scripts sometimes stop working without errors and the console takes several minutes to restart, not sure whats up with that but I think some of the scripts im using could be replaced by some good ol' tokenmod macros which could be simpler for the console to handle.
Hi Loupaile, TokenMod creates a very useful handout in the Journal of any game for which it is installed, named "Help: TokenMod".  You can find all of the many things that it can do in there. Loupaile said: Hello, Is there a list of all the commands available? My scripts sometimes stop working without errors and the console takes several minutes to restart, not sure whats up with that but I think some of the scripts im using could be replaced by some good ol' tokenmod macros which could be simpler for the console to handle.
I'm having issues using the token mod commands (that I've found in a few other threads/docs) with manipulating lighting on a token. I'm trying to use the command to mimic the Torch functionality as that is not updated yet to use UDL. However, the commands I'm using keep applying to legacy lighting, not updated lighting. UDL is enabled on the page and the token has vision enabled on the UDL tab, but everything still applies to the legacy lighting tab. The command I'm using is !token-mod --set light_radius#40 light_dimradius#20 --on light_otherplayers I tried using the above command with both @{selected|token_id} and @{target|token_id}. Even though it has UDL vision enabled, I did also try setting `has_bright_light_vision` to `on` to see if it would help. No dice.  Any advice on what could be happening?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Here is a post about the current UDL support: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9064542/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9064542/</a> And one that might be useful:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/8641944/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/8641944/</a> UDL is a bit janky right now, so some things may not be working correctly.&nbsp; I need to go through and test it all again.
Richard E. said: Has anyone else experienced issues with using rollable table tokens since the update last week? My druid wildshape macro and rollable table are no longer working and nothing else has been changed that I can find. My Wildshape macro no longer works either.&nbsp; :(
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm.&nbsp; I just tested this out and setting the currentside property with either an index number or a relative change seems to be working correctly.&nbsp; Can you post your macro or perhaps a minimal reproduction command? Also, try this command on your token: !token-mod --set currentside|+

Edited 1607126355
This is the macro.&nbsp; It was working a few weeks ago when we played last but we had a 3 week hiatus and now it doesn't work.&nbsp; I did just change the order in both the rolltable and the macro as well as adding one more but it all looks like the rest: /w gm Jade Mossgrower wills himself to transform! !token-mod {{ &nbsp; --set &nbsp; &nbsp; ?{Choose Form|Jade Mossgrower,currentside#1 represents#@{Jade Mossgrower|character_id} width#[[70]] height#[[70]] &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |Constrictor Snake,currentside#2 represents#@{Constrictor Snake|character_id} width#[[70]] height#[[70]] &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |Hyena,currentside#3 represents#@{Hyena|character_id} width#[[70]] height#[[70]] &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |Crocodile,currentside#4 represents#@{Crocodile|character_id} width#[[2*70]] height#[[2*70]] &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |Kibb,currentside#5 represents#@{Kibb|character_id} width#[[70]] height#[[70]] &nbsp; &nbsp; } &nbsp; &nbsp; bar1_link|hp &nbsp; &nbsp; bar2_link|ac &nbsp; &nbsp; bar3_link|npc_speed &nbsp; &nbsp; name|"Jade Mossgrower" &nbsp; &nbsp; showname|yes }}
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Did you try that command I posted? Is it only the image that is failing to change, or does it not set represents and size either?
I tried that command.&nbsp; The link bars change and the size will change but not the image.

Edited 1607135909
Could there be an issue with the closing "}" behind ..."character_id}" in the query?&nbsp; Or the "|"? ?{Choose Form|Jade Mossgrower,currentside#1 width#[[70]] height#[[70]] represents# @{Jade Mossgrower |Constrictor Snake,currentside#2 width#[[70]] height#[[70]] represents# @{Constrictor Snake |Hyena,currentside#3 width#[[70]] height#[[70]] represents# @{Hyena |Crocodile,currentside#4 width#[[2*70]] height#[[2*70]] represents# @{Crocodile |Kibb,currentside#5 width#[[70]] height#[[70]] represents# @{Kibb } |character_id} Could it be better this way, with the | and closing } outside the query? Also to avoid future mishaps returning to form - does Jade Mossgrower (assuming PC) have an npc_speed or speed ?&nbsp; You may wish to put your linking in the query also: /w gm Jade Mossgrower wills himself to transform! !token-mod {{ &nbsp; --set ?{Choose Form|Jade Mossgrower,currentside#1 width#[[70]] height#[[70]]&nbsp; bar3_link#speed represents#@{Jade Mossgrower|Constrictor Snake,currentside#2 width#[[70]] height#[[70]] bar3_link#npc_speed represents#@{Constrictor Snake|Hyena,currentside#3 width#[[70]] height#[[70]] bar3_link#npc_speed represents#@{Hyena|Crocodile,currentside#4 width#[[2*70]] height#[[2*70]] bar3_link#npc_speed represents#@{Crocodile|Kibb,currentside#5 width#[[70]] height#[[70]] bar3_link#npc_speed represents#@{Kibb}|character_id} &nbsp; &nbsp; bar1_link|hp &nbsp; &nbsp; bar2_link|ac &nbsp; &nbsp; name|"Jade Mossgrower" &nbsp; &nbsp; showname|yes }}
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm. If you want to PM me an invite and GM me, I can try and track down the issue.
I'm trying to setup a macro to represent a PC Raging, and then also Reckless Raging. I created a rollable table with three tokens of the same size- one is just a transparent gif- the default state. The other two are animated gifs of rotating swords to represent the two kinds of rages. I am using your awesome TokenCondition Script to attach this token as a Decoration under the character, and that part works great.&nbsp; I selected the token for the&nbsp;Decoration: Rage [width:*2|Height:*2] character, and ran&nbsp; @{selected|character_id} to get the id:&nbsp; -MO8nglr86ZMe0_6pIcU Then I created the Macro: /em @{selected|character_name} lets his anger boil forth into RAGE! !token-mod --ids -MO8nglr86ZMe0_6pIcU --set currentside|2 When I test it, the emote works fine, but the currentside doesn't change. I've never changed a token side by ID before, so I suspect I am missing something simple, but i've tried a bunch of different variations that have all failed too, so i am hoping you can help me out.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm...&nbsp; Are the images on the decoration from the Marketplace? Create some other token and select it it, then run (this verifies it's not a marketplace image): !token-mod --set imgsrc|-MO8nglr86ZMe0_6pIcU:2 --ids @{selected|token_id} And see if the selected token changes to look like the second side of the condition token. Run this and see if the condition token moves (this verifies the token id): !token-mod --set top|+35 left|+35 --ids&nbsp;-MO8nglr86ZMe0_6pIcU
Douglas S. said: I'm trying to setup a macro to represent a PC Raging, and then also Reckless Raging. I created a rollable table with three tokens of the same size- one is just a transparent gif- the default state. The other two are animated gifs of rotating swords to represent the two kinds of rages. I am using your awesome TokenCondition Script to attach this token as a Decoration under the character, and that part works great.&nbsp; I selected the token for the&nbsp;Decoration: Rage [width:*2|Height:*2] character, and ran&nbsp; @{selected|character_id} to get the id:&nbsp; -MO8nglr86ZMe0_6pIcU Then I created the Macro: /em @{selected|character_name} lets his anger boil forth into RAGE! !token-mod --ids -MO8nglr86ZMe0_6pIcU --set currentside|2 When I test it, the emote works fine, but the currentside doesn't change. I've never changed a token side by ID before, so I suspect I am missing something simple, but i've tried a bunch of different variations that have all failed too, so i am hoping you can help me out. Otherwise just simply use statusmarkers for rage and reckless. But Aaron's advice is also right of course. I had this issue with tokens from the marketplace too.
Don't know if this is a token-mod or powercards problem (or mine). I've been successfully using this attack snippit for months. Now, with no changes, it's stopped working. I've tried without the ?? conditional ??; no go. I can token-mod it in the chat box thus&nbsp; !token-mod --set bar1_value|10 , but this snippit no longer affects bar1_value. Got a game coming soon - help ! ! ! and thanks ahead of time. !power {{ &nbsp;--name|@{selected|token_name}'s Mace Attack &nbsp;--leftsub|Bludgeoning 1d6 &nbsp;--rightsub|Range 5 &nbsp;--Attack Roll |[[ [$Atk] 1d20 + @{strength_save_bonus}&nbsp;&nbsp;]] vs @{target|token_name} &nbsp;--?? $Atk &lt;= @{target|AC} AND $Atk.bas &lt;&gt; 20 ?? Hey, @{selected|token_name},|You missed! &nbsp;--?? $Atk &gt; @{target|AC} ?? Blugeon for: | [[ [$Dmg] 1d6 + @{strength_save_bonus} ]] points damage&nbsp; &nbsp;--?? $Atk.base == 20 ?? Nat 20 Critical Hit|[[ [$CritDmg]&nbsp;&nbsp;6 + 1d6 + @{strength_save_bonus} ]] ! ------------------ this line has stopped setting the bar1_value &nbsp;--?? $Atk &gt; @{target|AC} AND $Atk.base &lt;&gt; 20 ?? api_token-mod|_ids @{target|token_id} _ignore-selected _set bar1_value|-[^Dmg] ! ------------------ &nbsp;--?? $Atk.base == 20 ?? /fx splatter blood api_token-mod|_ids @{target|token_id} _ignore-selected _set bar1_value|-[^CritDmg] }} &nbsp;
In case you need this: These are the versions I'm using.&nbsp; Powercards v.3.8.15 one click install TokenMod v.0.8.6.1 one click install
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I'm going to suggest checking with Powercards. I've not made a change to TokenMod in a while, and it it works manually, it would have to be something about how the call is passed by PowerCards.&nbsp;
Thanks. Crazy times. I enjoy your many suggestions and samples.
Doing some updates in one of my games today, and seeing an odd behavior with using token-mod to update my default tokens. I set up my tokens, also using token-mod, to set my bubbles, bars, names, and aura. My game defaults are bar postion bottom-overlapping, and all the tokens I am working on show the bar in the proper placement, then select a token run my default-tokens macro !token-mod --set defaulttoken And it changes the token default with all proper settings, but when I then drag that character from my journal again to confirm, the bar location is suddenly on top. All other token settings take hold, the art is updated properly, but the bar placement is forcing to Above. If I manually set a default token, I do not have the same issue.&nbsp; I can work around it, I don't have a huge number of tokens to edit right now, but not sure why it's happening.
Michael H. said: Doing some updates in one of my games today, and seeing an odd behavior with using token-mod to update my default tokens. I set up my tokens, also using token-mod, to set my bubbles, bars, names, and aura. My game defaults are bar postion bottom-overlapping, and all the tokens I am working on show the bar in the proper placement, then select a token run my default-tokens macro !token-mod --set defaulttoken And it changes the token default with all proper settings, but when I then drag that character from my journal again to confirm, the bar location is suddenly on top. All other token settings take hold, the art is updated properly, but the bar placement is forcing to Above. If I manually set a default token, I do not have the same issue.&nbsp; I can work around it, I don't have a huge number of tokens to edit right now, but not sure why it's happening. There's a 'bug' with setting the default token with TokenMod. Because the bar location and style are not open to the API, when TokenMod sets the default token it reverts the bar settings.&nbsp; There's nothing that TokenMod can do until Roll20 opens the bar settings up to the API.&nbsp; So I still set tokens manually to make sure the bar locations are saved correctly.

Edited 1607851848
Is there a way to supply a default value to use when a referenced value is null? For example, I would like to apply the "hp" value to bar1_max, and if the "hp" value happens to be unset, I would like to give the token a default value, say "4". Thanks in advance.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
There isn't, but that's a great suggestion, I'll add it to my list.&nbsp;
The Aaron said: There isn't, but that's a great suggestion, I'll add it to my list.&nbsp; Thanks, I was hoping there was a way to do it in the call.&nbsp; I am an old school perl guy, so I am used to being able to put something like (value||default_value) and having the interpreter parse the logical OR before the function even sees the arguments.&nbsp; Figured it was a longshot.
Thanks for the reply, and help. The images are from the marketplace, from&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/5792/animated-orbital-conditions-2" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/5792/animated-orbital-conditions-2</a> &nbsp; When I created a new token, selected it, and ran&nbsp; !token-mod --set imgsrc|-MO8nglr86ZMe0_6pIcU:2 --ids @{selected|token_id} nothing happened When I ran the below on the same new token, the token with the condition decoration and the decoration both moved. !token-mod --set top|+35 left|+35 --ids&nbsp;-MO8nglr86ZMe0_6pIcU T he Aaron said Hmm...&nbsp; Are the images on the decoration from the Marketplace? Create some other token and select it it, then run (this verifies it's not a marketplace image): !token-mod --set imgsrc|-MO8nglr86ZMe0_6pIcU:2 --ids @{selected|token_id} And see if the selected token changes to look like the second side of the condition token. Run this and see if the condition token moves (this verifies the token id): !token-mod --set top|+35 left|+35 --ids&nbsp;-MO8nglr86ZMe0_6pIcU
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ok.&nbsp; That's the issue.&nbsp; The API can't interact with Marketplace Images, you'll have to download them and put them in your library, then they will work. There were a few weeks recently where the Marketplace Image URLs had a bug which created them in a manner that the API was able to manipulate them (which I was super happy about!), but it was a bug that had to be fixed (which I was sad about!) so that explains the period of it working initially.&nbsp; You can easily download the art by selecting the token when it has the face you need to replace, hit Z, right click and down load it, then upload it to your map.&nbsp; You'll need to change out the art on the Rollable Table Rows and create a new Token from them, then reconnect things as normal.
Can the Report function in TokenMod be used to report a change on a toggled Status Marker?&nbsp; I'm hoping to add a report function to my Status Marker macro so that I get a message that a status marker is applied or removed, but in reading the TokenMod Help file, it looks like Report only works on numeric fields. Is that correct, or am I just missing an argument?&nbsp; /w GM &amp;{template:npcaction} {{rname=Status Marker List}} {{description=[Concentrating](!token-mod --report gm|&amp;#34;{name} Concentrating Status {statusmarkers:change}&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Concentrating)}} It also appears that Roll20 breaks the link inside the macro when there is a : (creating a null link), and using the&nbsp;&amp;#58; html replacement isn't working either.&nbsp; Right now I have it set up to simply say "Toggle {name} Status - Concentrating" which is ok, but doesn't give the status of whether it was toggled on or off. Any ideas on improving this macro would be appreciated!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hm.. What format would you expect to see that in.&nbsp; Given these two status marker lines, what would the "change" version look like? red,blue@3,green,pink@2 red@1,blue,pink@3
I just now found the option to use a semicolon instead of a colon in API calls/arguments, so that part is resolved at least! For me, because I'm not using any numbers on the custom status markers, I would just want "On" or "Off" listed. So for my example (token name of Oran) it would toggle report as: --report gm|&amp;#34;{name} Status - {statusmarkers;change}&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Concentrating "Oran Status - Concentrating Off" "Oran Status - Concentrating On" For your example, if I were using numbers over the status markers, then "[color] 3 On" and "Off" would work: --report gm|&amp;#34;{name} Status - {statusmarkers;change}&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|red,blue@3,green,pink@2 "Oran Status - Red On, Blue 3 On, Green On, Pink 2 On"
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I think that ; is just for statusmarkers, but I was adding it to reporting while you were responding. =D The On/Off part is pretty easy.&nbsp; Dealing with number changes is a bit more nuanced. Pink 3 On, doesn't really tell you that the change is that Pink 2 became Pink 3.&nbsp; That said, I could probably add some specialty reporting functionality for statusmarkers.
The Aaron said: I think that ; is just for statusmarkers, but I was adding it to reporting while you were responding. =D Interesting -- it was already working for me within the Report function because I was trying to use it with statusmarkers. :) So it wasn't breaking the link anymore, but it also wasn't outputting anything (because there's no 'change' attribute for statusmarkers in the code yet). /w GM &amp;{template:npcaction} {{rname=Status Marker List}} {{description=[Concentrating](!token-mod --report gm|&amp;#34;{statusmarkers;change} Toggle {name} Concentrating&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Concentrating)}}&nbsp; The On/Off part is pretty easy.&nbsp; Dealing with number changes is a bit more nuanced. Pink 3 On, doesn't really tell you that the change is that Pink 2 became Pink 3.&nbsp; That said, I could probably add some specialty reporting functionality for statusmarkers. Sounds about right.&nbsp; This script just gets better all the time!
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I'm on my way to try make some use of TokenMod and learn it a bit, and updated the API's wiki page to list some of the examples from the thread/documentation, along with links to this forum thread &amp; the sourcecode. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:TokenMod" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:TokenMod</a>
Is there a setting to adjust the light multiplier under advanced settings for the Updated Dynamic Lighting? I have the commands working to set/change all other UDL settings except this. The existing light_multiplier setting affects only legacy dynamic lighting. I tried other variations of this similar to other UDL commands including bright_light_multiplier, bright_light_radius, and bright_radius . No luck on any of them. Thanks
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
That setting isn't exposed to the API yet.
Ahh, that explains it, lol. Thanks Aaron, love your work!
I recently came across the --move command and created a macro to allow players to Shove a token, but diagonal directions seem to move the token to the center of a square. They only move a little over half way, like they might be moving the distance between perpendicular squares but in a diagonal direction. Is this the normal behaviour, or do I have a mistake in my macro? I've tried changing the macro to use 'u' instead of 'ft' and I've tried changing the page's measurement settings, but these made no difference. !token-mod --ignore-selected --ids @{target|to Shove|token_id} --move =?{Direction|north,0|northeast,45|east,90|southeast,135|south,180|southwest,225|west,270|northwest,315}|?{Distance (ft)|5}ft
Persephone said: I recently came across the --move command and created a macro to allow players to Shove a token, but diagonal directions seem to move the token to the center of a square. They only move a little over half way, like they might be moving the distance between perpendicular squares but in a diagonal direction. Is this the normal behaviour, or do I have a mistake in my macro? I've tried changing the macro to use 'u' instead of 'ft' and I've tried changing the page's measurement settings, but these made no difference. !token-mod --ignore-selected --ids @{target|to Shove|token_id} --move =?{Direction|north,0|northeast,45|east,90|southeast,135|south,180|southwest,225|west,270|northwest,315}|?{Distance (ft)|5}ft If you move the token 5 ft. = 1u in 45° direction you don't reach the diagonal square. That would be in 7.071 ft. = 1.4142u (=square root of 2). But having the measurement setting to 4E or 5E should indeed help if token-mod is considering that setting (probably not since you tried).
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ah, interesting point&nbsp; I should add an option to have it use the map's diagonal setting.&nbsp; Hmm...
Hey Aaron, thanks for your work in this, I love this setup - especially for modifying vision and light sources on the fly. I am seeing the below, though, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. I've set the token on the left to have a Shuttered Hooded Lantern as seen with the code and screenclip: /w gm &amp;{template:5e-shaped}{{title=Adjusting vision for **@{selected|token_name}**}}{{subheader=to token-mod's parameters of:}}{{text_big=?{Vision| Torch, emits_bright_light#yes emits_low_light#yes bright_light_distance#40 low_light_distance#20 bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Douse Torch, emits_bright_light#no emits_low_light#no bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Light Cantrip, emits_bright_light#yes emits_low_light#yes bright_light_distance#40 low_light_distance#20 bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Drop Light Cantrip, emits_bright_light#no emits_low_light#no bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Hooded Lantern, emits_bright_light#yes emits_low_light#yes bright_light_distance#30 low_light_distance#30 bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#yes directional_bright_light_center#180 directional_bright_light_total#45| Shutter Hooded Lantern, emits_bright_light#no emits_low_light#yes low_light_distance#5 bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#yes directional_bright_light_center#180 directional_bright_light_total#45| Douse Hooded Lantern, emits_bright_light#no emits_low_light#no bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Produce Flame, emits_bright_light#yes emits_low_light#yes bright_light_distance#10 low_light_distance#10 bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Drop Produce Flame, emits_bright_light#no emits_low_light#no bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Bullseye Lantern, emits_bright_light#yes emits_low_light#yes bright_light_distance#90 low_light_distance#90 bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#yes directional_bright_light_center#180 directional_bright_light_total#45| Douse Bulleye Lantern, emits_bright_light#no emits_low_light#no bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Lamp, emits_bright_light#yes emits_low_light#yes bright_light_distance#30 low_light_distance#15 bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Douse Lamp, emits_bright_light#no emits_low_light#no bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Candle, emits_bright_light#yes emits_low_light#yes bright_light_distance#5 low_light_distance#=0 bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Douse Candle, emits_bright_light#no emits_low_light#no bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Blinded, has_limit_field_of_vision#yes has_limit_field_of_night_vision#yes limit_field_of_vision_total#0 limit_field_of_night_vision_total#0 statusmarkers#+bleeding-eye| Not Blinded, has_limit_field_of_vision#no has_limit_field_of_night_vision#no statusmarkers#-bleeding-eye| } }} !token-mod --set ?{Vision}&amp;&amp; The player token for "Tuukka" has no darkvision (though for this I've set it to have 3ft of darkvision/1ft dimming), though I expect him to still be able to see the light from the shuttered hooded lantern. He should only see the same 5ft of dim light that the token with the light source is emitting, but he can see further than that. Is this just because I am viewing his vision as GM (Ctrl+L) or something else I'm missing? NB: I plan to set this macro up as Token Actions for the players to use
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It probably is an artifact of using Ctrl-L.&nbsp; To be completely certain, it's best to make a dummy account and join with that from another browser/browser session/private or incognito session, and test with that.
The Aaron said: It probably is an artifact of using Ctrl-L.&nbsp; To be completely certain, it's best to make a dummy account and join with that from another browser/browser session/private or incognito session, and test with that. Thanks for the quick reply :) I'll try that, thank you
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Update v0.8.62 -- Added ; as a valid separator for --report property modifier separators.&nbsp; Additionally, :change should give somewhat useful information for non-numeric properties.&nbsp; It's not perfect, but it is a start on something better (and at least it's not just 0).&nbsp; (Thanks&nbsp; Jarren K.&nbsp; )
Update, I got it working. Selecting Hooded Lantern sets the Bright Light to ON and has a Distance value of 30ft Selecting Shuttered sets the Bright Light to OFF but doesn't change the Distance value. I edited that to have a Distance of 0ft and it works as intended&nbsp; Updated Code here: /w gm &amp;{template:5e-shaped}{{title=Adjusting vision for **@{selected|token_name}**}}{{subheader=to token-mod's parameters of:}}{{text_big=?{Vision| Torch, emits_bright_light#yes emits_low_light#yes bright_light_distance#40 low_light_distance#20 bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Douse Torch, emits_bright_light#no emits_low_light#no bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Light Cantrip, emits_bright_light#yes emits_low_light#yes bright_light_distance#40 low_light_distance#20 bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Drop Light Cantrip, emits_bright_light#no emits_low_light#no bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Hooded Lantern, emits_bright_light#yes emits_low_light#yes bright_light_distance#30 low_light_distance#30 bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Shutter Hooded Lantern, emits_bright_light#no bright_light_distance#0 emits_low_light#yes low_light_distance#5 bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Douse Hooded Lantern, emits_bright_light#no emits_low_light#no bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Produce Flame, emits_bright_light#yes emits_low_light#yes bright_light_distance#10 low_light_distance#10 bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Drop Produce Flame, emits_bright_light#no emits_low_light#no bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Bullseye Lantern, emits_bright_light#yes emits_low_light#yes bright_light_distance#90 low_light_distance#90 bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#yes directional_bright_light_center#180 directional_bright_light_total#45| Douse Bulleye Lantern, emits_bright_light#no emits_low_light#no bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Lamp, emits_bright_light#yes emits_low_light#yes bright_light_distance#30 low_light_distance#15 bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Douse Lamp, emits_bright_light#no emits_low_light#no bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Candle, emits_bright_light#yes emits_low_light#yes bright_light_distance#5 low_light_distance#=0 bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Douse Candle, emits_bright_light#no emits_low_light#no bright_vision#yes has_directional_bright_light#no| Blinded, has_limit_field_of_vision#yes has_limit_field_of_night_vision#yes limit_field_of_vision_total#0 limit_field_of_night_vision_total#0 statusmarkers#+bleeding-eye| Not Blinded, has_limit_field_of_vision#no has_limit_field_of_night_vision#no statusmarkers#-bleeding-eye| } }} !token-mod --set ?{Vision}
The Aaron said: Update v0.8.62 -- Added ; as a valid separator for --report property modifier separators.&nbsp; Additionally, :change should give somewhat useful information for non-numeric properties.&nbsp; It's not perfect, but it is a start on something better (and at least it's not just 0).&nbsp; (Thanks&nbsp; Jarren K.&nbsp; ) No, thank you !&nbsp; I can already see how customizing the reporting function is basically a script all on its own, so any improvements are always amazing to see! My first test gives a fairly generic output... but it also greatly simplifies the macro I was using.&nbsp; (I also edited line 3318 and 3320 to have the chat message come from 'Report Status' as you can see.)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Yeah, really, I laid the groundwork for some more complex handling. I'll think on some better ways to handle it in the future.&nbsp;