Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script Update] TokenMod -- An interface to adjusting properties of a token from a macro or the chat area.

The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Thanks for the kind words, D G.  Jarren is right, CharUtils should do what you need, let me know if you have any issues.  =D
set tooltip does not like empty spaces in the text. Sustituting   gets auround that, but the line breaks no longer works with longer texts. Any sugestions on how to deal with it?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You're talking about the rendering of the tooltip on the map?  Non breaking spaces as you've mentioned are the only way I've found to help with formatting. I could probably add a way in TokenMod to do the spacing and formatting, if that's what you're talking about. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kaspar K. said: set tooltip does not like empty spaces in the text. Sustituting   gets auround that, but the line breaks no longer works with longer texts. Any sugestions on how to deal with it? Have you tried specifying the text with quotes: !token-mod --set tooltip|"This is some text with spaces in it"
I am using text stored in multiple attributes that combine together to form the tooltip. And if all these attributes are empty, the tooltip box shouldnt show at all- having an empty tooltip box linger is anoying. I guess I will go with leaving the tooltip be one long line- it will rarely get that long anyway.
I put down roll20 for a couple years and now I'm really struggling to get token-mod to work with lighting the way it used to... !token-mod --set ?{Vision|Torch, light_radius#40 light_dimradius#20 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#yes|Hooded Lantern, light_radius#60 light_dimradius#30 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#yes|Bullseye Lantern, light_radius#120 light_dimradius#60 light_angle#60 light_hassight#yes light_otherplayers#yes|Lamp, light_radius#30 light_dimradius#15 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#yes|Candle, light_radius#5 light_dimradius#=0 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#yes|Darkvision, light_radius#60 light_dimradius#=-5 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#no|Darkvision (90'), light_radius#90 light_dimradius#=-5 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#no|Warlock Devil's Sight, light_radius#120 light_dimradius#=120 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#no|No light source(Dusk), light_radius#120 light_dimradius#=-5 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#no|Fog, light_radius#200 light_dimradius#=5 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#no|No light source, light_radius#5 light_dimradius#=-5 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#no|Blinded, light_hassight#no light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#no} Does anyone know how to get a macro like one from theaaron this to work now?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Jackson D. said: I put down roll20 for a couple years and now I'm really struggling to get token-mod to work with lighting the way it used to... !token-mod --set ?{Vision|Torch, light_radius#40 light_dimradius#20 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#yes|Hooded Lantern, light_radius#60 light_dimradius#30 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#yes|Bullseye Lantern, light_radius#120 light_dimradius#60 light_angle#60 light_hassight#yes light_otherplayers#yes|Lamp, light_radius#30 light_dimradius#15 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#yes|Candle, light_radius#5 light_dimradius#=0 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#yes|Darkvision, light_radius#60 light_dimradius#=-5 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#no|Darkvision (90'), light_radius#90 light_dimradius#=-5 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#no|Warlock Devil's Sight, light_radius#120 light_dimradius#=120 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#no|No light source(Dusk), light_radius#120 light_dimradius#=-5 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#no|Fog, light_radius#200 light_dimradius#=5 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#no|No light source, light_radius#5 light_dimradius#=-5 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#no|Blinded, light_hassight#no light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#no} Does anyone know how to get a macro like one from theaaron this to work now? Which lighting system are your maps using?  The commands/flags are a bit different between the 2.
UDL I think.  Dynamic lighting for sure, and not specifically legacy... but I don't know if I have to do anything special to turn on UDL or if it is the default dynamic lighting on new maps.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
You might want to double check your tokens and be sure they aren't using any settings for the legacy lighting. If they were set up before you started using UDL, they are probably trying to use the wrong lighting system.  The handout that TokenMod adds to your game should have all the new flags/commands.  I usually open it in another window, so that I can use control + f to search for things.  I believe there is a post or 2 somewhere in this thread with an updated chat menu.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Jackson! Those commands are for the legacy lighting system.T he token-mod help document (installed into your game by Token-mod) will have the new syntax. Unless you have taken great pains to turn on Legacy (the settings are hidden now), you are almost certainly using the new Dynamic Lighting). You might also be interested in investigating the Dynamic Lighting Tool script, available from One Click. It has all those commands builtin, and much more. A video demonstrating it also debuted today, thanks to Nick Olivo.
I'll work my way back and try and find an updated macro...&nbsp; I found this (<a href="https://gist.github.com/keithcurtis1/33af0c6abb8245e4fccb52008d0326f2" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/keithcurtis1/33af0c6abb8245e4fccb52008d0326f2</a>), which does output to chat, and looked new to me... but didn't work for me, and dang i'm having trouble telling if the tools i'm finding arent working because of something subtle i'm doing wrong, or because i keep trying things for the old lighting system.&nbsp; And i'll take a look at the DL tool script first though because that sounds like i won't keep chasing my tail with old macros. Thank you both.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
These should work for UDL: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/TokenMod#Dynamic_Lighting" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/TokenMod#Dynamic_Lighting</a>
Hi all,&nbsp; There's something strange going on my game.&nbsp; Token mod is installed and is working perfectly, except that i cannot see the help.&nbsp; Anytime i type !token-mod --help then nothing happens at all in the chat.... nothing shows up...&nbsp; kindda weird, ain't it ?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Do you have the help handout?
yes i do but it doesn't give me the acces to my status markers for example.. or configuration&nbsp;
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
There are a few possibilities: Another script is eating the message object.&nbsp; It's possible an earlier script in the callback chain is breaking the message object in some fashion.&nbsp; What do you have installed prior to TokenMod in the list? Your name has special characters in it that are breaking the output.&nbsp; TokenMod will whisper to your player display name, quoted in double quotes. If you have double quotes in your name, like `Tim "the Tool Man" Taylor`, it will break things.&nbsp; There are special characters that can also break the send commands, but it's hard to nail down what they are.&nbsp; Try changing your displayname to just GM and see if that fixes things?
Apparently it was part of the issue. I had a player with the same name as me (actually my test player).&nbsp; Changed my GM name to GM and it now shows again the help.&nbsp; But another part of the issue is still remaining. Apparently token mod isn't reacting well wth other scripts. I have a scriptcard that used to work properly in other games, calculating HP with some twists (random, 5 rolls random etc...) and was applying the resulkt to the token. Now, the calculation is good but the new HP value isn't applied to the token anymore.&nbsp; If i call something directly in the chat like&nbsp; !token-mod --set bar1_max|[[@{selected|npc_hpformula}]] !token-mod --set bar1_reset| It works fine and applied coorectly the new hp to the token, but through scriptcards it doesn't.&nbsp; It's a new game and token-mod has unfortunately been installed very late in my script list... Is there a way to move it up in the script list ?? Maybe that causes the issue.&nbsp; Here's my script list : Thanks for your help if you can
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
I don't think that the order of TokenMod will matter in relation to ScriptCards. What I think you're probably running into is that when you have one script (ScriptCards) issue a command to another script (TokenMod), certain things about the message are different - like that there are no selected tokens, and you can't answer roll queries that are in the secondary line. You either have to work your command line around (in TOkenMod you can use the --ids command), or you can just install SelectManager. That should take care of it, too. ...if this is the issue, anyway. =D
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
As Tim points out, make sure "Players can IDS" is on in the help.&nbsp; There's a --api-as option to TokenMod to specify who to run an API issued TokenMod command as, hopefully ScriptCards is sending that along with the id of the player that ran the command. I might note that it would be more efficient to run: !token-mod --set bar1|[[@{selected|npc_hpformula}]] As that will set both the current and max at the same time.
Strangely enough it works again, with no change on my side...
The Aaron said: As Tim points out, make sure "Players can IDS" is on in the help.&nbsp; There's a --api-as option to TokenMod to specify who to run an API issued TokenMod command as, hopefully ScriptCards is sending that along with the id of the player that ran the command. I might note that it would be more efficient to run: !token-mod --set bar1|[[@{selected|npc_hpformula}]] As that will set both the current and max at the same time. It seems that sometimes the max and the current don't get the same value.&nbsp;

Edited 1679155272
I keep having an issue while trying to set up a token. I have the macro set npc speed to bar 2 and npc ac to bar 3, but it seems to be mixing up the ac and speed and adjusting the ac on the sheet to be equal to the speed value. I can't for the life of me figure out why, or how to fix it. Can anyone help? Here's the macro I'm using.&nbsp; !token-mod {{ --set bar2_value|@{selected|npcd_speed} bar3_value|@{selected|npc_ac} }} !setattr --sel --silent --wtype|'/w gm ' !setattr --sel --silent --dtype|'full' !generate-spellbook !generate-attackbook !generate-checkbook !mhd As you can see, I'm using the same macro to call out some other api, settattr to set the npc sheet to w/gm. !generate-etc to create chat buttons for attacks, checks and spells, and !mhd to randomly roll hit dice. I let monsterhitdie fill in hp values over token mod. Maybe I'm just doin too much in one macro. This is to be my single button press npc token set up. Any help would be much appreciated.&nbsp; While I'm at it, is there a way to have the whole speed description, i.e. 30ft, 40 ft fly, appear in the bubble?
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
Hey, Shankyu... I noticed last week the resetting of one attribute to another when I changed the attribute a bar was linked to. That doesn't exactly fit for what you're doing, but it's close enough to think they might be related. I flagged Aaron with that, so I'm sure he'll get to the bottom of it soon. It shouldn't have anything to do with how much you're trying to do in this macro, but I will say that if you notice that some of these lines are *not* running, it could be that you're dealing with the bug where Roll20 sometimes drops random lines from a multi-command macro. If you find that, you might be able to get around the bug using ZeroFrame to bundle them all. Finally, to have all that text appear in the bubble, I believe you just have to enclose it in quotation marks. bar2_value|"@{selected|npcd_speed}ft, @{selected|npcd_flightattribute}ft fly" Obviously changing out the name of that other attribute, not including units if they are already in the attributes, etc. So, if you make that change and then also batch things up using ZeroFrame, that would look like: !{{ &nbsp; !token-mod -- set&nbsp; bar2_value| "@{selected|npcd_speed}ft, @{selected|npcd_flightattribute}ft fly" &nbsp;bar3_value|@{selected|npc_ac} &nbsp; !setattr --sel --silent --wtype|'/w gm ' &nbsp; !setattr --sel --silent --dtype|'full' &nbsp; !generate-spellbook &nbsp; !generate-attackbook &nbsp; !generate-checkbook &nbsp; !mhd }}
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
To get to the bottom of this, there's some information I need: 1) what character sheet are you using 2) what attributes are bar2 and bar3 linked to, if any? 3) what is the value that is being read from npcd_speed and npc_ac ? Shankyu said: I keep having an issue while trying to set up a token. I have the macro set npc speed to bar 2 and npc ac to bar 3, but it seems to be mixing up the ac and speed and adjusting the ac on the sheet to be equal to the speed value. I can't for the life of me figure out why, or how to fix it. Can anyone help? Here's the macro I'm using.&nbsp; !token-mod {{ --set bar2_value|@{selected|npcd_speed} bar3_value|@{selected|npc_ac} }} !setattr --sel --silent --wtype|'/w gm ' !setattr --sel --silent --dtype|'full' !generate-spellbook !generate-attackbook !generate-checkbook !mhd As you can see, I'm using the same macro to call out some other api, settattr to set the npc sheet to w/gm. !generate-etc to create chat buttons for attacks, checks and spells, and !mhd to randomly roll hit dice. I let monsterhitdie fill in hp values over token mod. Maybe I'm just doin too much in one macro. This is to be my single button press npc token set up. Any help would be much appreciated.&nbsp; While I'm at it, is there a way to have the whole speed description, i.e. 30ft, 40 ft fly, appear in the bubble?
Andreas J. said: These should work for UDL: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/TokenMod#Dynamic_Lighting" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/TokenMod#Dynamic_Lighting</a> Thank you!
The Aaron said: To get to the bottom of this, there's some information I need: 1) what character sheet are you using : OGL 2) what attributes are bar2 and bar3 linked to, if any? : None 3) what is the value that is being read from npcd_speed and npc_ac ? : The correct value is being read, the first time I run it on any npc's token. But after that somehow the npc speed has been input into the npc ac spot in the attributes and any further uses of the macro to set up subsequent tokens will see the npc ac set to the same value as the npc speed. I.e. 30. I'll need to go into the npc sheet and edit it back to its original value manually.

Edited 1679549589
CryptoCartographer
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Is there a good way to tag a set of tokens in a way that TokenMod can identify? I'd like to apply blanket effects to all my PC's tokens. Searching the tooltip for a string, or something similar?
Shankyu said: I keep having an issue while trying to set up a token. I have the macro set npc speed to bar 2 and npc ac to bar 3, but it seems to be mixing up the ac and speed and adjusting the ac on the sheet to be equal to the speed value. I can't for the life of me figure out why, or how to fix it. Can anyone help? Here's the macro I'm using.&nbsp; !token-mod {{ --set bar2_value|@{selected|npcd_speed} bar3_value|@{selected|npc_ac} }} !setattr --sel --silent --wtype|'/w gm ' !setattr --sel --silent --dtype|'full' !generate-spellbook !generate-attackbook !generate-checkbook !mhd As you can see, I'm using the same macro to call out some other api, settattr to set the npc sheet to w/gm. !generate-etc to create chat buttons for attacks, checks and spells, and !mhd to randomly roll hit dice. I let monsterhitdie fill in hp values over token mod. Maybe I'm just doin too much in one macro. This is to be my single button press npc token set up. Any help would be much appreciated.&nbsp; While I'm at it, is there a way to have the whole speed description, i.e. 30ft, 40 ft fly, appear in the bubble? Does this happen with all characters or just a specific one? Double check that you do not any duplicate character names in your journal (including any archived characters).&nbsp; You also don’t want to use the ‘npcd_speed’ attribute. That is the display value when the character sheet is open. Instead, use ‘npc_speed’.&nbsp; Your !setattr commands can be combined onto a single line: !setattr --sel --silent —-wtype|’/w gm ‘ --dtype|'full'
CryptoCartographer said: Is there a good way to tag a set of tokens in a way that TokenMod can identify? I'd like to apply blanket effects to all my PC's tokens. Searching the tooltip for a string, or something similar? Not built into TokenMod, but likely one of Timmaugh’s meta scripts could search for any characters that have the ‘npc_toggle’ set to ‘0’ (which would indicate a character sheet set to ‘PC’, if I’m remembering correctly… and I’m on mobile so I can’t confirm at the moment).&nbsp;
I do this with Scriptcards all the time.&nbsp;&nbsp;
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
CryptoCartographer said: Is there a good way to tag a set of tokens in a way that TokenMod can identify? I'd like to apply blanket effects to all my PC's tokens. Searching the tooltip for a string, or something similar? One way you can handle that is by adding an attribute on a mule character with all the party's character's IDs in it.&nbsp; You can then do something like: !token-mod --set statusmarkers|!blue --ignore-selected --ids @{mule|players} You can further restrict that to either --current-page or --active-pages
CryptoCartographer
Pro
Marketplace Creator
This sounds like a good solution. I'm trying to set up to restore tooltips one-click so my new players can see who is who. We're managing character sheets on D&amp;D Beyond. I'll have to dip back into scripting—it has been a while! One way you can handle that is by adding an attribute on a mule character with all the party's character's IDs in it.&nbsp; You can then do something like: !token-mod --set statusmarkers|!blue --ignore-selected --ids @{mule|players} You can further restrict that to either --current-page or --active-pages

Edited 1681118249
Kick
Pro
Hey there! on the old thread I saw a comment on the first page about implementing a way for tokenmod's behind-the-scenes die rolls to be shown in chat. Did anything like that ever get added? The attack action macro I made using this script returns 0 when defence exceeds damage, so it would be nice to show the underlying rolls as to reassure the players that something did in fact happen. Quick edit: I'm already using the report function to display the change in the HP bar, but seeing the die rolls would still be nice when someone gets several instances of 0 damage reported in a row.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
No, not yet. It's hard to come up with what that should look like for output, particularly once you have more than a couple tokens selected.&nbsp;
I am woefully underqualified to make suggestions for this, but I had envisioned something along the lines of... (show_roll{"This is my dice roll" 1d20}) where the end result ideally parses similar to an emote followed by an inline roll, but the snippet in parentheses still functions as an input for the rest of the TokenMod calculation, which then follows the "show_roll" output. I am by no means a programmer so presumably it isn't that simple. Either way, thank you for the reply, and thank you for this script!
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
You can share rolls across multiple lines if you use ZeroFrame and batch them up. Then you could output them with whatever templated information you wanted to include. For instance: !{{ &nbsp; !token-mod ({) &nbsp; &nbsp; --set &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; bar1|[[3d20kl1]] &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; bar2|[[3d20kh1]] &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; bar3|[[{2d8,3d6}kh1]] &nbsp; (}) &nbsp; (^){^&amp;template:default}({)name=TokenMod Rolls(}) ({)Bar 1=$[[0]](}) ({)Bar 2=$[[1]](}) ({)Bar 3=$[[2]](}) }} This requires ZeroFrame v1.1.2 which just missed the dealine for this week's merge (but will be available there next week). Otherwise you can get it from my repo .
Well, I have Token-mod installed in my ,game for quite some time now, but I could never seem to have the time and skill to set things up. Today, on another thread, I found a token-mod macro by @keithcurtis for changing vision and light. I copied it and have been fiddling with it both because I want the functionality and to learn a bit about creating and/or modifying such macros. For instance, I divided it into one macro for vision and another for light. However, I noticed that the bullseye lantern wasn't working correctly, so I have been trying to make it work for a couple of hours, reading Token-Mod's documentation and so on. I've learned a lot, but I still can't get the bullseye lantern to work properly. Mainly, the issue is setting the directional light. I'd appreciate some help. Cheers /w gm &amp;{template:npcaction} {{rname=Token Light}}{{description= [OFF](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|off emits_low_light|off light_angle|360) | [ON](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|on emits_low_light|on light_angle|360) **Common Sources** [Spot](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|on bright_light_distance|5 low_light_distance|0 light_angle|360) | [Candle](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|on emits_low_light|on bright_light_distance|5 low_light_distance|5 light_angle|360) [Lamp](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|on emits_low_light|on bright_light_distance|15 low_light_distance|30 light_angle|360) | [Torch](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|on emits_low_light|on bright_light_distance|20 low_light_distance|20 light_angle|360) [Hooded Lantern](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|on emits_low_light|on bright_light_distance|30 low_light_distance|30 light_angle|360) [Hooded Lantern, lowered](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|on emits_low_light|on bright_light_distance|0 low_light_distance|5 light_angle|360) [Bullseye Lantern](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|on emits_low_light|on bright_light_distance|60 low_light_distance|60 light_angle|90) **Spells and Items** [*Light*](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|on emits_low_light|on bright_light_distance|20 low_light_distance|20 light_angle|360) | [*Daylight*](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|on emits_low_light|on bright_light_distance|60 low_light_distance|60 light_angle|360) [*Dancing Lights*](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|off emits_low_light|on bright_light_distance|0 low_light_distance|10 light_angle|360) | [*Faerie Fire*](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|off emits_low_light|on bright_light_distance|0 low_light_distance|10 statusmarkers|yellow light_angle|360) [*Gem of Brightness*](!token-mod --set emits_bright_light|on emits_low_light|on bright_light_distance|30 low_light_distance|30 light_angle|360)}}
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm.&nbsp; I just copy/pasted that line and ran it, and it seems to work as expected? I might suggest Keith's very excellent DLTool:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/11316788/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/11316788/</a>
The Aaron said: Hmm.&nbsp; I just copy/pasted that line and ran it, and it seems to work as expected? I might suggest Keith's very excellent DLTool:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/11316788/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/11316788/</a> Very nice script! Thanks. But on as point of learning, does that line really work for you, setting a cone of light instead of a circle? I really cant seem to make it work on my end. Cheers Anyway
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Directional light does not set well through mod scripts. You can set the values, but for them to take, you generally have to open and close the token editing interface manually.
keithcurtis said: Directional light does not set well through mod scripts. You can set the values, but for them to take, you generally have to open and close the token editing interface manually. I just figured that out by first missing and then finding the reference in your DL Tool mod. Thanks for the marvelous work! You and the Aaron!
I'm having some difficulty figuring out how to use status markers from additional sets. I'm trying to use Keith Curtis' Easy to Read Token Markers <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/markerset/5135/easy-to-read-token-markers" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/markerset/5135/easy-to-read-token-markers</a> A lot of these have spaces in them, which seems to make them impossible to call. Yet there are instruction on how to call these in the help, but these instructions do not seem to work, at least not with the numbers that show up when I use "View Token Marker Set". If there is no space, TokenMod works fine for this set.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Dr DM! If you enclose the name in quotes, token-mod should respect spaces. In hindsight, that was probably a non-optimal decision on my part. And thanks for the purchase of the set! :)

Edited 1681587514
Great set. But quotes do not work! But now the method from help is working.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Dr DM said: Great set. But quotes do not work! But now the method from help is working. Can you describe the "method from help" (for others who might be having the same issue)?

Edited 1681659966
Sure. We'll use the same marker set because it is a superlative set and one should get it if one wants to really follow along. Let's use the Flat Footed status marker. Here is a macro to toggle the marker assuming a token is selected when the macro runs: !token-mod {{ &nbsp; --set &nbsp; &nbsp; statusmarkers|!Flat_Footed;;243522 }} This uses the full name, with capitals, of the marker with an underscore, "_", in place of the space. Then it is followed by two semicolons (colons are also acceptable) and the numerical code of the marker. I use the multiple line macro above because I have a template for a number of similar macros. However, the above can be accomplished in one line with: !token-mod --set statusmarkers|!Flat_Footed;;243522 One can find the full name and the numerical code of the marker with the following method: Visit the home page of your game. Move your mouse to the right hand side of the page where the "Token Marker Sets" section of the page is. Left click the three stacked dots to the right of the name of the marker set. On the pop up menu, left click on "View Token Marker Set". Hover your cursor/mouse pointer over the marker you want to use and the numerical code and the full name for the marker will pop up. You will have to write this down or remember it. The relevant section from the help document: Status Markers with a space in the name must be specified using the tag name, which appears in [] above. !token-mod --set statusmarkers|Mountain_Pass::1234568 You can use a semicolon (;) in place of a colon (:) to allow setting statuses with numbers from API Buttons. [3 Mountain Pass](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|Mountain_Pass;;1234568;3) I'm not sure what, " which appears in [] above," means, but the method I've given here works. PS. Also love "Token Markers Letters and Numbers", but more spaces! [insert laughing emoji here]&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/markerset/5253/token-markers-letters-and-numbers" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/markerset/5253/token-markers-letters-and-numbers</a> &nbsp; [Edit to correct "right click" to "left click".]
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Got it! By ""which appears in [] above,"" refers to how the token markers are displayed in the preceding section: Restrained [Restrained::31033] I.e.. to use "Restrained", refer to it as it is listed in the brackets: "Restrained::31033". By strange coincidence, all of the markers with spaces in them refer to ones used with Pathfinder/PF2. Which is probably why I have not previously encountered the issue. Thanks for the detailed response!
I've been looking through the info on this post and the help part. I don't see this anywhere, so it may not be possible.&nbsp; I have a Rolltable with 17 images (each one is a different map). I want to be able to quickly use a macro to select one of the maps that the players are dealing with in the moment. So far the best I've found is using: !token-mod --set currentside|?+ or using the (-) sign to go down or up through the images. My best case scenario would be to either select the the side # from a drop down menu or input the value of the side to select it specifically. Is this possible?

Edited 1681700006
Darius said: I've been looking through the info on this post and the help part. I don't see this anywhere, so it may not be possible.&nbsp; I have a Rolltable with 17 images (each one is a different map). I want to be able to quickly use a macro to select one of the maps that the players are dealing with in the moment. So far the best I've found is using: !token-mod --set currentside|?+ or using the (-) sign to go down or up through the images. My best case scenario would be to either select the the side # from a drop down menu or input the value of the side to select it specifically. Is this possible? !token-mod --set currentside|1|2|...|17 or !token-mod --set currentside|?{side|1} And type the number you want
Darius said: I've been looking through the info on this post and the help part. I don't see this anywhere, so it may not be possible.&nbsp; I have a Rolltable with 17 images (each one is a different map). I want to be able to quickly use a macro to select one of the maps that the players are dealing with in the moment. So far the best I've found is using: !token-mod --set currentside|?+ or using the (-) sign to go down or up through the images. My best case scenario would be to either select the the side # from a drop down menu or input the value of the side to select it specifically. Is this possible? It sounds like KeithCurtis' ' Scenes Macro for Theatre of the Mind-style play ' is exactly what you're looking for.&nbsp;&nbsp; I use it and it works quite well once you have it set up.&nbsp;&nbsp; Also as an FYI, you don't need to keep the images in a Rollable Table if you have a Pro subscription.&nbsp; You can simply add new images to a 'Scenes' character with TokenMod - add the new image to the VTT, select the current image, then run this macro and target the new image: !token-mod --set imgsrc|+@{target|token_id} --ids @{selected|token_id}