Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v2.0

Edited 1508272821
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi, rollers.  We're happy to announce the 5E OGL character sheet v2.0 has arrived . We've updated the entire plumbing of the sheet and made a lot of enhancements. Let us know your questions, comments, and concerns below. 5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v2.0 Patch Notes Attributes Extensive overhaul of sheet worker functions to make other features possible Removed many attributes for significant performance improvements Personality Traits, Ideals, Bonds, and Flaws now have an edit mode New item modifier support for Attributes, Saves, AC, To Hit, Damage, Spell Attacks, and Spell DC Polished the Item/Spell to Attack and Item to Resource interactions Tools & Custom skills now have 7th “query” option on attribute Compendium Compatibility Compendium Drops now can be dropped anywhere on the sheet and will be handled automatically Compendium Drops of ammunition will automatically add a repeating resource New repeating sections for Features and Traits and Other Proficiencies and Languages, with option of switching back to simple text area option New Roll Templates for Traits and Proficiencies Settings Dexterity tie breaker to initiative Carrying capacity modifier Spell Slot modifiers Attribute modifiers Save modifiers Whisper Toggle option Proficiency Die support from the DMG Custom core die roll option, defaults to D20 Global Attack, Damage, Skill, and Save options New Encumbrance options, including disabling weight tracking entirely New Armor Class options, including disabling AC tracking entirely New Leveling options for spell slots and hit dice, including disabling tracking entirely New Initiative advantage/disadvantage option New Default Sheet Settings BUGFIX: Jack of all trades now applies to initiative and core attribute rolls BUGFIX: Proficiency Bonus increasing now updates attack rolls immediately BUGFIX: Global Save Mod now applies to death saves Magic Ritual and Concentration spell icons Added labels for spell slots above 1st level Replaced max spell slot input as span to prevent confusion Added Higher Level Spellcasting to Spell Card spell outputs BUGFIX: Spell Save DCs in attacks are now displaying correctly with all bonuses NPC Spellcasters now shares full PC spell library NPC Spellcasters should now be being set up automatically with their spell atritbutes Visuals Upgraded some of the optional D&D styling roll templates to stretch better and be more clear Adjusted layout to make the sheet less prone to breaking when the browser is zoomed below 100% Added wiki link to footer BUGFIX: Normalized roll template “desc” field to format inline rolls correctly BUGFIX: Custom class Hit Dice when multi classing now displays its name correctly NPCs NPC Display card reworked extensively to remove attributes from sheet to speed up performance NPC Nameplate in roll template can now be hidden NPC Actions can now hide their descriptions and not include them in the roll template output Made rolling initiative for NPCs more obvious by adding an additional init button Added option to not show NPC Action descriptions API Companion Script Can now shoot more than one ammunition per shot New !npchp command to use the hp formula to set token's health randomly Wont spend a spell slot if the spell is marked as a ritual Added Hit Dice recovery to !longrest Changed spell slot tracking to decrement, which will hopefully be more intuitive. BUGFIX: Ammo tracking is now working correctly for damage only attacks Known Issues: NPC Spell sections not showing. The template-desc is not getting proper formatting with the official D&D styling The new previousValue and newValue sheetworker eventinfo fields aren't populating. This is causing some items to not add or remove bonuses correctly. The label for SLOTS EXPENDED needs to be replaced with SLOTS REMAINING to fit the new behavior. Global Damage modifier isn't handling crit results Desc Template's inline rolls aren't being styled correctly Personality & other background flavor text is not keeping its formatting Resources tied to items aren't updating equipment weight Initiative isn't being automatically recalculated for existing NPCs Magic Caster NPCs PB has been adjusted to match DMG guidelines Polished the Proficiency repeating section options to make it more intuitive Compendium Ammo tracking should work with damage only attacks with both auto and manual rolling damage Repeating Resource sections created from items aren't updating the inventory correctly

Edited 1506447377
First off, these new sheets still don't support caster levels for NPCs. Furthermore, they've wiped out all spells that I've prepared ahead of time, including custom spells that I had to write from scratch. I am none too pleased by how it appears that you've presented an incomplete product that has added a bunch of new concerns to how I'm going to run my next session this sunday. As a GM, I use NPC Sheets far more than the average player, and I have a large number of them that I've spent time working on for several months and which now have a bunch of relevant information voided. It seems to me that you haven't taken steps to ensure that this is fully compatible with Gamemasters right out of the gate which I personally believe should've been the main concern for the listed reasons. I hope you'll fix these within the week rather than save it for a future update, please don't release an unfinished product. EDIT: Ah, nevermind, seems like the caster level issue has been fixed. I'll just have to rewrite the spells then.
I like the general changes that were made- it makes it a lot more streamlined, but was it intended to wipe out the features/traits table? All my players have to redo this section if so, and I have about 15 NPCs that I have to double back to fix and get going before our next session. Just wondering if any of that is going to be put back in the sheets before I start rebuilding. 
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Njål R. said: First off, these new sheets still don't support caster levels for NPCs. Furthermore, they've wiped out all spells that I've prepared ahead of time, including custom spells that I had to write from scratch.  The new sheet does support NPC caster levels. If you want to revert to the previous version of the sheet you can find the code to do so  here .
Steven said: I like the general changes that were made- it makes it a lot more streamlined, but was it intended to wipe out the features/traits table? All my players have to redo this section if so, and I have about 15 NPCs that I have to double back to fix and get going before our next session. Just wondering if any of that is going to be put back in the sheets before I start rebuilding.  You should be able to find that text on the Attributes & Abilities tab under features_and_traits. I was able to just copy out of that field and paste into the new format sections.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Steven said: I like the general changes that were made- it makes it a lot more streamlined, but was it intended to wipe out the features/traits table? All my players have to redo this section if so, and I have about 15 NPCs that I have to double back to fix and get going before our next session. Just wondering if any of that is going to be put back in the sheets before I start rebuilding.  It has turned on the compendium compatible version of those categories. All your data is still there in the simple version. Toggle the options shown below.
Steve K. said: Steven said: I like the general changes that were made- it makes it a lot more streamlined, but was it intended to wipe out the features/traits table? All my players have to redo this section if so, and I have about 15 NPCs that I have to double back to fix and get going before our next session. Just wondering if any of that is going to be put back in the sheets before I start rebuilding.  It has turned on the compendium compatible version of those categories. All your data is still there in the simple version. Toggle the options shown below. Thanks! This is great to know. Good work on the new sheet, it's pretty rad! :)
Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Nevermind my previous post. I figured it out!
Hi, I like the changes but whenever I make a weapon attack roll with no ammo or attached spell, and roll damage I get the message: "SPELL SLOT LEVEL NaNALL SLOTS EXPENDED" 
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Tom said: Hi, I like the changes but whenever I make a weapon attack roll with no ammo or attached spell, and roll damage I get the message: "SPELL SLOT LEVEL NaNALL SLOTS EXPENDED"  Is this happening with new attacks, or only your existing ones?
Steve K. said: Tom said: Hi, I like the changes but whenever I make a weapon attack roll with no ammo or attached spell, and roll damage I get the message: "SPELL SLOT LEVEL NaNALL SLOTS EXPENDED"  Is this happening with new attacks, or only your existing ones? Both existing and new. I created a couple of simple test attacks and the result is the same, it's also occurring for other players.
Tom said: Steve K. said: Tom said: Hi, I like the changes but whenever I make a weapon attack roll with no ammo or attached spell, and roll damage I get the message: "SPELL SLOT LEVEL NaNALL SLOTS EXPENDED"  Is this happening with new attacks, or only your existing ones? Both existing and new. I created a couple of simple test attacks and the result is the same, it's also occurring for other players. I'm a GM and on some of the attacks it is whispering this text box to me. It's also happening when I make a new character sheet, as well as on old ones
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Tom said: Both existing and new. I created a couple of simple test attacks and the result is the same, it's also occurring for other players. This is what I'd expect to see happen from previously created custom spells that didn't come from the compendium. Though future spells shouldn't have this issue. I'm not able to recreate the issue with a normal attack, that's not linked to a spell. What game of yours and character specifically is having this issue?

Edited 1506450061
Roll templates in my Curse of Strahd game aren't showing up in the correct formatting anymore. edit: it's only the desc template that's broken
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Caelen said: Roll templates in my Curse of Strahd game aren't showing up in the correct formatting anymore. Is that true for new rolls using desc template? Or only old ones?
Both new and old, but only for the desc template. The others I use seem to be working just fine.

Edited 1506450788
Oh no! Strahd von Zarovich lost all his spells! The party is going to steamroll him now XD I set his caster level to 9 in the settings and it gave him a level 9 wizard's spell slots, but the spells themselves are missing. I'd screenshot but I don't want to give away too much about Strahd. I'm going to try and make a new Curse of Strahd game just to see if his spells import correctly that way. Edit: Nope, still no spells on any spellcasting NPCs by default. If you can think of any other things to try, I'd be glad to test them. Unfortunately this leaves the game completely unplayable as some of those spells weren't in the compendium.

Edited 1506453002
I am getting errors on the 5e OGL sheet displaying red lettering [spell-ritual] along with many others. Edit: Found the fix. Had to change the character sheet and then change it back and that fixed it.
Hi Steve. Thanks for everyone's hard work and communication with this new sheet. I've been following the changes through the last few weeks. 3 issues right off the bat in my live games. Here's one:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/730746/th" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/730746/th</a>... 1) The new sheet does not copy over any of the Features and Traits text that I painstakingly put there for all my characters. My players need a summary of their race and class stats, and I use this to trace the character's progression history so I know where they got what skill or language from what. Please don't tell me we have to input each one all lover again, and then get stuck with longer formatting we dont like... &nbsp;VS&nbsp; 2) The following fields show up as being edited by default. I believe this should not be the case. 3) I am unable to delete added Resource fields. I click delete but nothing happens. I have to close and reopen the sheet for it to be removed.
Some of my players' features and traits field have been deleted. How can I restore it?
Eric
Sheet Author
I REALLY hope this doesn't mean to have to go back into every NPC and Mob in Curse of Strahd, STK and ToA and give them new spells. A majority of their value is prebuilt tokens and functionality. If we just intentionally wiped spells for every NPC, I want my money back. Hopefully it's a quick fix.
Most of us had tie breaker added to initiative but I no longer see the 2.2 or 3.3 listed on the sheet but it is in the options section as .2 or .3 is it not supposed to show now ? &nbsp;Seems there will be some learning curve to this new sheet. &nbsp;Can we now create compendium spells and text so we dont have to type it all out again for each character ? &nbsp;I would love to drag and drop traits, bonds, flaws etc.....
Roland said: 1) The new sheet does not copy over any of the Features and Traits text that I painstakingly put there for all my characters. My players need a summary of their race and class stats, and I use this to trace the character's progression history so I know where they got what skill or language from what. Please don't tell me we have to input each one all lover again, and then get stuck with longer formatting we dont like... VS&nbsp; Marc S. said: Some of my players' features and traits field have been deleted. How can I restore it? Steve gave an answer for this problem already. Unfortunately it is not plausible to automatically transfer the contents from one form to another, you will have to do it manually. Steve K. said: Steven said: I like the general changes that were made- it makes it a lot more streamlined, but was it intended to wipe out the features/traits table? All my players have to redo this section if so, and I have about 15 NPCs that I have to double back to fix and get going before our next session. Just wondering if any of that is going to be put back in the sheets before I start rebuilding.&nbsp; It has turned on the compendium compatible version of those categories. All your data is still there in the simple version. Toggle the options shown below.
Elbuort said: Can we now create compendium spells and text so we dont have to type it all out again for each character ? &nbsp;I would love to drag and drop traits, bonds, flaws etc..... Not yet, but we can hope that with this functionality in place it means that we will have this feature in the future.
Panzer said: I REALLY hope this doesn't mean to have to go back into every NPC and Mob in Curse of Strahd, STK and ToA and give them new spells. A majority of their value is prebuilt tokens and functionality. If we just intentionally wiped spells for every NPC, I want my money back. Hopefully it's a quick fix. If you have not already, post about this problem in the respected bug thread for those modules.
There are a number of 'trait' entries in the compendium now, which when opened give an error, I was expecting to be able to drag these to the new compendium compatible features & traits section, but they don't appear to do anything when dragged onto a character sheet.
Roland said: 2) The following fields show up as being edited by default. I believe this should not be the case. I would disagree and that this is the default scenario. When you create a new character sheet, you would want these values to be editable. The reason we are experiencing it this way currently is because we are updating existing sheets to the new version.
When dropping spells on to a sheet from the compendium if you have any other sheets open beneath the first sheet the spell will be added to all of them.
Gabriel403 said: There are a number of 'trait' entries in the compendium now, which when opened give an error, I was expecting to be able to drag these to the new compendium compatible features & traits section, but they don't appear to do anything when dragged onto a character sheet. I think this would be better in the compendium thread rather than the character sheet thread as that pertains more to that content. In the meantime, I believe that this would still fall in line with being data no available in the SRD from WoTC. But it does hopefully mean that we will have this functionality in the future given that the structure is present both in the Compendium and the character sheet.
Michael F. said: When dropping spells on to a sheet from the compendium if you have any other sheets open beneath the first sheet the spell will be added to all of them. That's actually really cool that you found that out. I almost think that is a feature rather than a bug personally, but I see the concern. In any case I think this may be a limitation on the VTT to know which character sheet is the front-most of the open character sheets in order to apply the drop to the correct one. Can you tell if this is still the case when a character sheet is minimized?
Eric
Sheet Author
Kyle G. said: Panzer said: I REALLY hope this doesn't mean to have to go back into every NPC and Mob in Curse of Strahd, STK and ToA and give them new spells. A majority of their value is prebuilt tokens and functionality. If we just intentionally wiped spells for every NPC, I want my money back. Hopefully it's a quick fix. If you have not already, post about this problem in the respected bug thread for those modules. Good idea Kyle. Done!

Edited 1506455054
On the campaign setting page, no matter what alterations I make the sheet template values upon saving the sheet none of those changes are retained. For example I set the bar 1, bar 2, etc. values below to different variables and upon saving those changes were not kept. Am I simply doing something wrong?

Edited 1506455462
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
When casting a spell, there is a missing space in the Spell Slot Remaining dialogue. It shouldn't look like there are Level 13 spells available. Also, on the spell page, it should probably read "Slots Remaining" as it now counts down instead of up. For instance, the character in the screenshot still has 3 spells available to cast, but it looks like he has already expended 3.
Another issue I found: I recreated the character weapons from Compendium drop. Selected Dagger as a resource and put Dagger as ammunition for Thrown Dagger. When I click Dagger, it doesn't say the ammo was used. And before asking, I do have the API on and ammo tracking active.
Theodore S. said: Another issue I found: I recreated the character weapons from Compendium drop. Selected Dagger as a resource and put Dagger as ammunition for Thrown Dagger. When I click Dagger, it doesn't say the ammo was used. And before asking, I do have the API on and ammo tracking active. A dagger is not ammunition. They do not have the ammunition trait, neither do javalins, spears, hand axes or darts.
Dagger is not considered ammo it is considered a weapon that is why. &nbsp;Arrows, bolts, slingstones, blowgun darts and bullets are considered ammo all others are thrown weapons.
I cant seem to get the blue altered text with the potion of giant strength for example to work.

Edited 1506457916
Austin said: I cant seem to get the blue altered text with the potion of giant strength for example to work. I don't think the stat change works by default with potions, only items that modify stats, such as the belt &nbsp;of giant strength
Fair enough, but i have noticed that once a magic item alters your stats, even deleting the item doesnt remove the stat alteration.
Hi first time to post so I may have missed something-I'm just prepping a game for the first time and now all NPC spell lists have gone. I've worked the fix to my PC characters-but everything else is gone from NPC's including the ones from my purchased sets (LMoP and Sunless Citadel). Will there be a patch to fix, or is there a work around. Many thanks
Theodore S. said: Another issue I found: I recreated the character weapons from Compendium drop. Selected Dagger as a resource and put Dagger as ammunition for Thrown Dagger. When I click Dagger, it doesn't say the ammo was used. And before asking, I do have the API on and ammo tracking active. Fair enough. But onto the next issue, re-inserted all the spells and when cast it doesn't use the spelltracking.
Simon M. said: Hi first time to post so I may have missed something-I'm just prepping a game for the first time and now all NPC spell lists have gone. I've worked the fix to my PC characters-but everything else is gone from NPC's including the ones from my purchased sets (LMoP and Sunless Citadel). Will there be a patch to fix, or is there a work around. Many thanks Hopefully a patch will be released soon, devs are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the meantime, the list of spells that npcs can cast are stored in their traits and you can drag-and-drop the spells from the compendium to the sheet. If the compendium does not have the spell (I don't know if this is the case for any spellcasters in the modules), you unfortunately will have to type in the contents for the spell.
Theodore S. said: Fair enough. But onto the next issue, re-inserted all the spells and when cast it doesn't use the spelltracking. Are you getting any errors in either the chat window or API?
Eric
Sheet Author
As an update to all, I posted about the spells missing on the NPC's in all the modules (STK, COS, TOA, etc) and Mel (Dev) responded they are aware of the issue and are working on fixing. Pray for the poor bastard intern who has to drag and drop all the spells back into the tokens :)
Kyle G. said: Simon M. said: Hi first time to post so I may have missed something-I'm just prepping a game for the first time and now all NPC spell lists have gone. I've worked the fix to my PC characters-but everything else is gone from NPC's including the ones from my purchased sets (LMoP and Sunless Citadel). Will there be a patch to fix, or is there a work around. Many thanks Hopefully a patch will be released soon, devs are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the meantime, the list of spells that npcs can cast are stored in their traits and you can drag-and-drop the spells from the compendium to the sheet. If the compendium does not have the spell (I don't know if this is the case for any spellcasters in the modules), you unfortunately will have to type in the contents for the spell. Thanks Kyle, Much appreciated.
Are you intended to be able to drag class/racial features onto the sheet? Otherwise the compendium style just seems tedious. Dragging and dropping does not seem to work.
Shanen H. said: Are you intended to be able to drag class/racial features onto the sheet? Otherwise the compendium style just seems tedious. Dragging and dropping does not seem to work. I believe this was added to allow support for it in the future .
Kyle G. said: Shanen H. said: Are you intended to be able to drag class/racial features onto the sheet? Otherwise the compendium style just seems tedious. Dragging and dropping does not seem to work. I believe this was added to allow support for it in the future . Sounds good. Thank you!
Also a note, if anyone has run into a problem with spells that do not have higher level benefits (specifically thinking spells that are not attacks), I am running into an issue with the spells asking for a level cast.&nbsp; I am able to fix this by toggling the spell to an ATTACK and then back to SPELLCARD.
Kyle G. said: Theodore S. said: Fair enough. But onto the next issue, re-inserted all the spells and when cast it doesn't use the spelltracking. Are you getting any errors in either the chat window or API? No errors or messages in chat or API