Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v2.0

Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Axel said: Hey! I think this update looks pretty cool, but we're experiencing a weird glitch were some entries in the chat don't display the template properly. Everything looks fine when we open the campaign, but as soon as a button is clicked, nothing happens except that the chat changes to this. EDIT: If I open the chat log, everything looks fine. It just doesn't work in the chat window for some reason. A game's Creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by clearing the Chat Archive (note: not clearing your current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it.
Something broke in my monster manual token generating, I think...  I checked out the game settings for changes, left token values as they were, saved. Now when I drag a monster from the compendium/monster manual onto the game table, I see the following result.  What do I do? 
All my NPCs in my ToA campaign have absolutely no spellcasting anymore. Very briefly it showed the old spell list and gave me the red warning to say their spells had to be carried over, but it swiftly disappeared and now they have nothing. Is there some input I need to do to make it appear once again? Running a session tonight and as it stands it's going to take me ages getting all NPC spells up and running again.
Inkcharm said: Something broke in my monster manual token generating, I think...  I checked out the game settings for changes, left token values as they were, saved. Now when I drag a monster from the compendium/monster manual onto the game table, I see the following result.  What do I do?  I would recommend clearing your cache for your browser and see if that might fix the problem. Is this happening for all tokens or just the one in particular? Andrew G. said: All my NPCs in my ToA campaign have absolutely no spellcasting anymore. Very briefly it showed the old spell list and gave me the red warning to say their spells had to be carried over, but it swiftly disappeared and now they have nothing. Is there some input I need to do to make it appear once again? Running a session tonight and as it stands it's going to take me ages getting all NPC spells up and running again. All of the spell casting data should be there if you created the game before this update. Does this problem still persist after a hard reload of your browser? If so I would recommend working through our Solving Techinical Issues wiki page to see if that helps. Daniel K. said: Hi! Overall, I really do love the sheet but I am having some concerns/issues with NPCs and pre-existing spells. A lot of spells do not exist in the roll20 compendium and the newest update put a warning of "This section is now deprecated" under the Spells. Does this mean that I will have to manually type in all the missing/custom spells that I've created for the NPCs? I've tried transferring/clicking&dragging/etc over (like what the blurb suggested) but template will not let me move the spells to the new format. If I do not transfer them in time, will all the spells under the old format disappear? Can you please help me with this Thank you! If your game was created prior to this update and your characters have the old version of the NPC sheet it will remain, it just will not be supported with updates as time goes on, so the spells should not disappear.
Other Proficiencies and Languages section: I can add a new field and toggle between LANGUAGE, WEAPON, ARMOR and OTHER, but then all it does is send the Title to the chat box.  For example: I don't seem to be able to edit text so I can input what language the character is proficient in, what type of armor, etc.  Seems to me I should be able to type in a description such as Goblin or Light and Medium.  Am I missing something??
Jeff, you don't edit the "grey" section, instead you fill out the "proficiency" line.
Kevin said: Jeff, you don't edit the "grey" section, instead you fill out the "proficiency" line. DUH!  Thank you!
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
Thank you Ziechael . Clearing the Chat Archive helped.
Drespar said: Inkcharm said: Something broke in my monster manual token generating, I think...  I checked out the game settings for changes, left token values as they were, saved. Now when I drag a monster from the compendium/monster manual onto the game table, I see the following result.  What do I do?  I would recommend clearing your cache for your browser and see if that might fix the problem. Is this happening for all tokens or just the one in particular? Happening with all tokens. I cleared my cache, restarted roll20, restarted the browser - it's still happening :( Any way I can fix it back? We're also testing a few other things in the character sheet and activated halfling luck. On a natural one, nothing happens though - it's still giving out the normal red number, without a reroll or anything happening. Is that intended, or did something break there? I seem to recall halfling luck used to auto-reroll nat1s?

Edited 1506525344
The new character sheet looks super cool! I love the new collapsible system for the Traits & Features box, very nice. There's a slight issue with rolling initiative at advantage that might not be working as intended, however. If you roll initative at advantage, it'll roll both numbers behind the scene and then display whichever was higher. (Or at least, I assume that's what's happening?) However, if one of those rolls was a natural 1, the final result is still displayed in red, even if it was higher. I can't tell if that's intended or a bug in the display. Also, I have some feedback about other areas of the character sheet. I feel like the inventory section could benefit from a similar treatment as the "features & traits" box, with collapsible entries - right now, I'd have to click on a very small icon and then expand the text box in order to review what an item does, when it would be much easier to just click the name of the item and have it expand like my features and traits now do. Is that something that could be considered?
Jeff B. said: Other Proficiencies and Languages section: I can add a new field and toggle between LANGUAGE, WEAPON, ARMOR and OTHER, but then all it does is send the Title to the chat box.  For example: I don't seem to be able to edit text so I can input what language the character is proficient in, what type of armor, etc.  Seems to me I should be able to type in a description such as Goblin or Light and Medium.  Am I missing something?? I have the same problem.  I tried dragging "heavy armor" from the Compendium but that doesn't do anything. 
Dan said: I have the same problem.  I tried dragging "heavy armor" from the Compendium but that doesn't do anything.  The Heavy Armor entry in the compendium is merely a subheader in the Armor entry. It will not transfer into the character sheet like that. Also as far as I know, none of the new repeating sections (features & traits, or languages & proficiencies) are drag-and-drop compatible yet. But the groundwork has been set for when this is a feature in the future .
Seems like the luck stone does not effect skill checks or initiative only skill checks 
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Helen P. said: 1. The update was a surprise; it would have been nice to have had better warning about it before it happened. I'm sad to see that so many GMs and players have lost huge chunks of their own work. 2. PROBLEM: Drag & Drop doesn't seem to work at all for either Features & Traits or Proficiencies . Nothing happens except the whole screen grays out. There don't seem to be any entries for individual features anywhere in the Compendium. Maybe there is a way, but it's not obvious, even to an experienced player. 3. BUG: Personality Traits , etc., lose any line breaks when edit mode is closed via the new gear icon. 4. BUG: Please follow these steps: * Drag & Drop  crossbow bolts onto Equipment list; Encumbrance updates properly; new Resource box is created properly. * Change the quantity in the Resource box; Encumbrance fails to update. * Delete quantity and name in Resource box; add new Resource double box line -- that line now cannot be deleted. * Go back to Equipment list; delete the crossbow bolts line; the blank Resource line now disappears. 5. BUG: Only if Auto Roll Damage & Crit setting is on -- in Attacks & Spellcasting --  if neither attack nor damage is checked, the macro aborts; but if  Auto Roll Damage & Crit setting is off, there's no problem. This occurred in the previous version, too. I've made these to print frequently used text and, yes, there are other ways; but this still should not occur in the code -- it might cause other issues. Thank you for all the hard work you've done to update this sheet for us all! :-D 1) No data should be lost. If you're looking for traits & features there's a tool tip below explaining how to retrieve your data if you want to switch back to the simple system. As for notice, we advertised the changes here on the site, on the Roll20 forums, our blog, Twitch, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Goggle+, at several conventions (Comicon, GenCon, etc). 2) Features and Traits will have more functionality soon. Their style has been updated but the Compendium lacks anything except the 1 Feat and 1 Background that are publicly available in the SRD. When that changes, the sheet with update as well to take advantage. 3) Thanks for pointing this out. Adding it to the issues list. 4) I'm seeing the weight not adjust as well. As for deleting a resource that was generated by an item, the way to remove it is to either remove the item, or to uncheck "USE AS RESOURCE" from the item settings. 5) I'm not sure you're point. If it's an "attack" without an attack roll, damage, description, or global effect, why would you roll it?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Daniel K. said: Hi! Overall, I really do love the sheet but I am having some concerns/issues with NPCs and pre-existing spells. A lot of spells do not exist in the roll20 compendium and the newest update put a warning of "This section is now deprecated" under the Spells. Does this mean that I will have to manually type in all the missing/custom spells that I've created for the NPCs? I've tried transferring/clicking&dragging/etc over (like what the blurb suggested) but template will not let me move the spells to the new format. If I do not transfer them in time, will all the spells under the old format disappear? Can you please help me with this Thank you! Spells in that category can't be automatically transfered over. That section won't go away, but is no longer supported and doesn't work with v2.0 features.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Mark S. said: "Magic Caster Level" does not interact with the rules correctly, and does not allow flexibility to work for all situations. 1) Magic Caster Level sets the Spell Slots Available NPC spellcasters must use the new "Magic Caster Level" to input their caster level. This now set the number of spell slots available per level, which works for standard NPCs with spells, but not for a creature like a Dragon, who does not follow the basic rules for spellcasters. (They get access to a number of spells equal to their Charisma modifier and each spell can be as high as 1/4 of their CR.) 2) Magic Caster Level controls proficiency bonus, but that should be set by the monster CR. The magic caster level now incorrectly sets the proficiency bonus of the spells to match the value associated with that level. Example: Archmage is a CR 12 monster. His proficiency is +4. His intellect is +5. He should have +9 to hit with spells and 8(base)+9 = 17 DC for spell effects. His caster level is 18 however, and this sets his DC to 19 and his spell attack bonus to +11 because the proficiency is being bumped up to +6 by that caster level. You say PB should be dictated by monster CR. Is that a list that exist somewhere in WotC print? Does it match with their design choices? I expect this problem will be solved with more structured data on the Compendium.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
dmForLife said: I'm getting errors with the ritual flag.  e.g. @{repeating_spell-1_$0_spellritualflag} Did that change in the new sheet? Many of the "flag" attributes were removed to improve game performance. However the underlying @{repeating_spell-1_$0_spellritual} attribute is still there.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greg C. said: I dont think NPC's are getting there dex bonus on initiative rolls? all i try say +0 This isn't true on new NPCs. But it looks like the auto upgrade isn't recalculating their initiative. If you change their dex to a different modifier and then back it should solve the problem. I'll work on making that process automatic for future upgrades.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Jan L. said: First off, I love the new character sheets. But I have a question. In Wizards of the Coast modules like Tomb of Annihilation, will the NPC's have their spell lists updated? Or do we have to go through them all, and add spells for each and every one of them? All official WotC modules will be updated in a patch Soon TM. You shouldn't need to do anything.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Axel said: Hey! I think this update looks pretty cool, but we're experiencing a weird glitch were some entries in the chat don't display the template properly. Everything looks fine when we open the campaign, but as soon as a button is clicked, nothing happens except that the chat changes to this. EDIT: If I open the chat log, everything looks fine. It just doesn't work in the chat window for some reason. Try clearing your game's chat log from the Game Settings screen. It sounds like you have a busted roll template.
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
Steve K. said:  Try clearing your game's chat log from the Game Settings screen. It sounds like you have a busted roll template. Yeah, thanks, it worked.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Inkcharm said: Happening with all tokens. I cleared my cache, restarted roll20, restarted the browser - it's still happening :( Any way I can fix it back? We're also testing a few other things in the character sheet and activated halfling luck. On a natural one, nothing happens though - it's still giving out the normal red number, without a reroll or anything happening. Is that intended, or did something break there? I seem to recall halfling luck used to auto-reroll nat1s? Setting the token's BAR 1 LINK to max_hp is what you want. What you're doing is setting the value to the text "max_hp" which is exactly what you're seeing. As for Halfling Luck, I'm seeing it operating normally.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Sparrow said: The new character sheet looks super cool! I love the new collapsible system for the Traits & Features box, very nice. There's a slight issue with rolling initiative at advantage that might not be working as intended, however. If you roll initative at advantage, it'll roll both numbers behind the scene and then display whichever was higher. (Or at least, I assume that's what's happening?) However, if one of those rolls was a natural 1, the final result is still displayed in red, even if it was higher. I can't tell if that's intended or a bug in the display. Also, I have some feedback about other areas of the character sheet. I feel like the inventory section could benefit from a similar treatment as the "features & traits" box, with collapsible entries - right now, I'd have to click on a very small icon and then expand the text box in order to review what an item does, when it would be much easier to just click the name of the item and have it expand like my features and traits now do. Is that something that could be considered? That's the nature of the dice parcer. Either you get red/green or you get no red/green. I think I like it showing more than not but I'm open to feedback. As for items opening and closing on click, I don't hate the idea. I'll put it on my list to play with and see if I can make the UI there more accessible.
Can I just ask-If I pick up the Monster Manual in the next day or so as I had planned to do-will I have to re-enter all the spells list? Would you recommend holding off?
Steve K. said: Mark S. said: "Magic Caster Level" does not interact with the rules correctly, and does not allow flexibility to work for all situations. 1) Magic Caster Level sets the Spell Slots Available NPC spellcasters must use the new "Magic Caster Level" to input their caster level. This now set the number of spell slots available per level, which works for standard NPCs with spells, but not for a creature like a Dragon, who does not follow the basic rules for spellcasters. (They get access to a number of spells equal to their Charisma modifier and each spell can be as high as 1/4 of their CR.) 2) Magic Caster Level controls proficiency bonus, but that should be set by the monster CR. The magic caster level now incorrectly sets the proficiency bonus of the spells to match the value associated with that level. Example: Archmage is a CR 12 monster. His proficiency is +4. His intellect is +5. He should have +9 to hit with spells and 8(base)+9 = 17 DC for spell effects. His caster level is 18 however, and this sets his DC to 19 and his spell attack bonus to +11 because the proficiency is being bumped up to +6 by that caster level. You say PB should be dictated by monster CR. Is that a list that exist somewhere in WotC print? Does it match with their design choices? I expect this problem will be solved with more structured data on the Compendium. On page 283 of the DMG for giving monsters class levels The monster's proficiency bonus is based on its challenge rating, not its class levels. The table is on page 274 of the DMG. It contains all of the statistics for monster's based on CR so here is a condensed list CR Prof. Bonus <4 +2 <8 +3 <12 +4 <16 +5 <20 +6 <24 +7 <28 +8 >29 +9

Edited 1506530864
Simon M. said: Can I just ask-If I pick up the Monster Manual in the next day or so as I had planned to do-will I have to re-enter all the spells list? Would you recommend holding off? Yes, you will encounter the same issues with spells there currently. I would hold off Nevermind, see answer below

Edited 1506530779
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Simon M. said: Can I just ask-If I pick up the Monster Manual in the next day or so as I had planned to do-will I have to re-enter all the spells list? Would you recommend holding off? Spells are not structured into monsters. Currently their spell list is represented as a text block in traits, and all attack spells have been added as actions. That will probably change in the future as both the sheet and the compendium improve. Either way buying the MM will allow you to drag and drop from the Compendium. So, if we update it in the future, re-importing the improved creature is as simple as a click-drag. It will require no work on your part to manually adjust spells.
Steve K. said: Mark S. said: "Magic Caster Level" does not interact with the rules correctly, and does not allow flexibility to work for all situations. 1) Magic Caster Level sets the Spell Slots Available NPC spellcasters must use the new "Magic Caster Level" to input their caster level. This now set the number of spell slots available per level, which works for standard NPCs with spells, but not for a creature like a Dragon, who does not follow the basic rules for spellcasters. (They get access to a number of spells equal to their Charisma modifier and each spell can be as high as 1/4 of their CR.) 2) Magic Caster Level controls proficiency bonus, but that should be set by the monster CR. The magic caster level now incorrectly sets the proficiency bonus of the spells to match the value associated with that level. Example: Archmage is a CR 12 monster. His proficiency is +4. His intellect is +5. He should have +9 to hit with spells and 8(base)+9 = 17 DC for spell effects. His caster level is 18 however, and this sets his DC to 19 and his spell attack bonus to +11 because the proficiency is being bumped up to +6 by that caster level. You say PB should be dictated by monster CR. Is that a list that exist somewhere in WotC print? Does it match with their design choices? I expect this problem will be solved with more structured data on the Compendium. PB is dictated by monster CR as listed out in a table on page 8 of the Monster Manual. Something that is already available for purchase as an add on to the roll20 compendium. Additionally, with the module NPCs being fixed in a coming update, can we expect Monster Manual and Volo's Guide to Monsters NPCs with spellcasting to be fixed as well in a similar update.
Hi!  We're trying to use Second Wind as a resource, so it rolls the heal and decreases second wind. But it still won't work without rolling to hit. (yes we are lazy) From the changelog this should be working?  Otherwise great work. ^^ 
Marcus V. said: Hi!  We're trying to use Second Wind as a resource, so it rolls the heal and decreases second wind. But it still won't work without rolling to hit. (yes we are lazy) From the changelog this should be working?  Otherwise great work. ^^  According to the version 1.4 (latest) of the companion script, you must use an atk or atkdmg rolltemplate.
Jeff B. said: Other Proficiencies and Languages section: I can add a new field and toggle between LANGUAGE, WEAPON, ARMOR and OTHER, but then all it does is send the Title to the chat box.  For example: I don't seem to be able to edit text so I can input what language the character is proficient in, what type of armor, etc.  Seems to me I should be able to type in a description such as Goblin or Light and Medium.  Am I missing something?? This part does work as intended, it's just very difficult to figure out where you should type, because you shouldn't type IN the box, you type ABOVE it. Took me a while to figure that out...

Edited 1506534075
Kyle G. said: Marcus V. said: Hi! We're trying to use Second Wind as a resource, so it rolls the heal and decreases second wind. But it still won't work without rolling to hit. (yes we are lazy) From the changelog this should be working? Otherwise great work. ^^ According to the version 1.4 (latest) of the companion script, you must use an atk or atkdmg rolltemplate. I'm a bit unsure what you mean by atk or atkdmg rolltemplate, but we've set it up so that it rolls the heal as damage. If I understand you correctly that is an atkdmg roll?&nbsp; The bit I'm refering to is:&nbsp; BUGFIX: Ammo tracking is now working correctly for damage only attacks Worth noting is that I've made one roll with it as an attack just to make the resource map to Second Wind, so that isn't the problem.&nbsp; <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujkl31907mdwkyd/Screensh" rel="nofollow">https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujkl31907mdwkyd/Screensh</a>...
Steve K. said: Greg C. said: I dont think NPC's are getting there dex bonus on initiative rolls? all i try say +0 This isn't true on new NPCs. But it looks like the auto upgrade isn't recalculating their initiative. If you change their dex to a different modifier and then back it should solve the problem. I'll work on making that process automatic for future upgrades. Does that mean that old npcs will be updated automatically regarding this in the future if they're left alone for now? I have like 500+ npcs (The bestiary) in my game and their initiatives are all affected by this issue... I already spent nearly 8 hours today shifting all their names to be hidden. (which is great btw) I Really don't want to do that again to fix their initiatives... And on the note of hidden names on initiative/attack rolls for npcs. Great feature, I've missed not having it in the past, but it still shows the name of the caster on spells that roll for damage, such as fireball, even when the names are supposed to be hidden. Is there a way to fix that? Example below. And third note. How is "Innate Spellcasting" intended to work with the new spell settings for npcs? Because I can't really figure out how to do that and have the DC values (they tend to just be 0...) or number of spells available (Fireball 3/day for example) to work like they should with Innate spellcasting monsters...
Marcus V. said: Kyle G. said: Marcus V. said: Hi! We're trying to use Second Wind as a resource, so it rolls the heal and decreases second wind. But it still won't work without rolling to hit. (yes we are lazy) From the changelog this should be working? Otherwise great work. ^^ According to the version 1.4 (latest) of the companion script, you must use an atk or atkdmg rolltemplate. I'm a bit unsure what you mean by atk or atkdmg rolltemplate, but we've set it up so that it rolls the heal as damage. If I understand you correctly that is an atkdmg roll?&nbsp; The bit I'm refering to is:&nbsp; BUGFIX: Ammo tracking is now working correctly for damage only attacks Worth noting is that I've made one roll with it as an attack just to make the resource map to Second Wind, so that isn't the problem.&nbsp; <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujkl31907mdwkyd/Screensh" rel="nofollow">https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujkl31907mdwkyd/Screensh</a>... By only having damage in the action (in this case it is meant to be healing, but it's the same thing) you are using the dmg roll template. According the code in the companion script, this will not trigger the handleammo function. So unfortunately it means that the BUGFIX is incorrect. You still need to have the action be an attack in order to trigger ammo (thus changing the roll template to atk or atkdmg depending upon whether the character sheet is set to auto roll damage or not).
Steve K. said: Simon M. said: Can I just ask-If I pick up the Monster Manual in the next day or so as I had planned to do-will I have to re-enter all the spells list? Would you recommend holding off? Spells are not structured into monsters. Currently their spell list is represented as a text block in traits, and all attack spells have been added as actions. That will probably change in the future as both the sheet and the compendium improve. Either way buying the MM will allow you to drag and drop from the Compendium. So, if we update it in the future, re-importing the improved creature is as simple as a click-drag. It will require no work on your part to manually adjust spells. Thank Steve (and Kyle again!). I'm looking forward now to finally getting my first couple of games off the ground.

Edited 1506538607
GrumpyOldDM
Sheet Author
How do we pull NPC health now? apparently max_hp, npc_hp, npcd_hp are returning "No attribute was found" using a simple @{selected|max_hp} Edit: I should add this on newly copied monsters from the Compendium - MM or Volos both come in without anything, @{selected|npcd_hp} seems to still work on my "old" NPCs - just no new ones.

Edited 1506538389
David C. said: How do we pull NPC health now? apparently max_hp, npc_hp, npcd_hp are returning "No attribute was found" using a simple @{selected|max_hp} Looks like it is now npcd_hp. Just verified that this does work. Edit just checked on the actual character sheet code. Attribute is same as PCs hp_max
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Tim G. said: Does that mean that old npcs will be updated automatically regarding this in the future if they're left alone for now? I have like 500+ npcs (The bestiary) in my game and their initiatives are all affected by this issue... I already spent nearly 8 hours today shifting all their names to be hidden. (which is great btw) I Really don't want to do that again to fix their initiatives... And on the note of hidden names on initiative/attack rolls for npcs. Great feature, I've missed not having it in the past, but it still shows the name of the caster on spells that roll for damage, such as fireball, even when the names are supposed to be hidden. Is there a way to fix that? Example below. And third note. How is "Innate Spellcasting" intended to work with the new spell settings for npcs? Because I can't really figure out how to do that and have the DC values (they tend to just be 0...) or number of spells available (Fireball 3/day for example) to work like they should with Innate spellcasting monsters... You can apply a default setting like the NPC name tag to all characters in a game from the experimental features section in the settings tab of the VTT. Warning though, this can't be undone, so I strongly encourage you to make a backup of your game before using it. The spell attack rolltemplate is now using the player version, which doesn't have the name included by default. It's a setting you would have to turn on from the PC menu. Your spell has a DC0 because you haven't picked the spellcasting ability of the NPC. You pick that right next to the checkbox stating it's a spellcasting NPC.
Kyle G. said: Marcus V. said: Kyle G. said: Marcus V. said: Hi! We're trying to use Second Wind as a resource, so it rolls the heal and decreases second wind. But it still won't work without rolling to hit. (yes we are lazy) From the changelog this should be working? Otherwise great work. ^^ According to the version 1.4 (latest) of the companion script, you must use an atk or atkdmg rolltemplate. I'm a bit unsure what you mean by atk or atkdmg rolltemplate, but we've set it up so that it rolls the heal as damage. If I understand you correctly that is an atkdmg roll?&nbsp; The bit I'm refering to is:&nbsp; BUGFIX: Ammo tracking is now working correctly for damage only attacks Worth noting is that I've made one roll with it as an attack just to make the resource map to Second Wind, so that isn't the problem.&nbsp; <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujkl31907mdwkyd/Screensh" rel="nofollow">https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujkl31907mdwkyd/Screensh</a>... By only having damage in the action (in this case it is meant to be healing, but it's the same thing) you are using the dmg roll template. According the code in the companion script, this will not trigger the handleammo function. So unfortunately it means that the BUGFIX is incorrect. You still need to have the action be an attack in order to trigger ammo (thus changing the roll template to atk or atkdmg depending upon whether the character sheet is set to auto roll damage or not). Well that's a real shame. Was looking forward to this fix... So useful for tracking things that have x charges per rest... So is this BUGFIX actually going to be fixed at some point soon?&nbsp;
Ive set the setting to not show "NPC names" on rolls in the chat, but it still says "Skeleton" or whatever. It would be great to hide whats rolling, (i roll in the open) so the characters dont know whats coming. Any fix?
Kyle G. said: Edit just checked on the actual character sheet code. Attribute is same as PCs hp_max Yep, tried that one too, dragging a fresh monster from the compendium (volo or MM) and running @{selected|hp_max} returns no error but also returns no value.
Greg C. said: Ive set the setting to not show "NPC names" on rolls in the chat, but it still says "Skeleton" or whatever. It would be great to hide whats rolling, (i roll in the open) so the characters dont know whats coming. Any fix? Just making sure that if you are setting this in the game settings (outside of the VTT), these changes do not get applied to existing character sheets unless you click the Update Default Settings button inside the VTT settings. If this is not how you changed the settings, can you provide screenshots.
Steve K. said: Tim G. said: Does that mean that old npcs will be updated automatically regarding this in the future if they're left alone for now? I have like 500+ npcs (The bestiary) in my game and their initiatives are all affected by this issue... I already spent nearly 8 hours today shifting all their names to be hidden. (which is great btw) I Really don't want to do that again to fix their initiatives... And on the note of hidden names on initiative/attack rolls for npcs. Great feature, I've missed not having it in the past, but it still shows the name of the caster on spells that roll for damage, such as fireball, even when the names are supposed to be hidden. Is there a way to fix that? Example below. And third note. How is "Innate Spellcasting" intended to work with the new spell settings for npcs? Because I can't really figure out how to do that and have the DC values (they tend to just be 0...) or number of spells available (Fireball 3/day for example) to work like they should with Innate spellcasting monsters... You can apply a default setting like the NPC name tag to all characters in a game from the experimental features section in the settings tab of the VTT. Warning though, this can't be undone, so I strongly encourage you to make a backup of your game before using it. The spell attack rolltemplate is now using the player version, which doesn't have the name included by default. It's a setting you would have to turn on from the PC menu. Your spell has a DC0 because you haven't picked the spellcasting ability of the NPC. You pick that right next to the checkbox stating it's a spellcasting NPC. I assume the default name tag thing you suggested won't work on the initiative issue? (I also have no idea how to do it anyway) Question remains as well, however. Will old npcs will be updated automatically regarding this in the future if they're left alone for now? (the initiative thing) Ok, sure, but that also means it gets turned off for player actions, no? Basically I want names to show for player actions, but not for NPC actions. Is that possible? Yes, true, the DC 0 part can be fixed. But it doesn't really fix the base issue with innate spellcasters, who often have x uses per spell, not spell slots in the same way players do. And they also don't have stated spellcaster levels either, like for example a wizard might. Their descriptions just say they cast spells at DCX, and the stat they cast it with... And there's a looot of monsters who are innate spellcasters.
Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Steve K. said: Jan L. said: First off, I love the new character sheets. But I have a question.&nbsp;In Wizards of the Coast modules like Tomb of Annihilation, will the NPC's have their spell lists updated? Or do we have to go through them all, and add spells for each and every one of them? All official WotC modules will be updated in a patch Soon TM. You shouldn't need to do anything. Alright, Thanks man! It's really great to see how awesome Roll20 has become. Makes playing online almost easier than in real life!
Steve K. said: Mark S. said: "Magic Caster Level" does not interact with the rules correctly, and does not allow flexibility to work for all situations. 1) Magic Caster Level sets the Spell Slots Available NPC spellcasters must use the new "Magic Caster Level" to input their caster level. This now set the number of spell slots available per level, which works for standard NPCs with spells, but not for a creature like a Dragon, who does not follow the basic rules for spellcasters. (They get access to a number of spells equal to their Charisma modifier and each spell can be as high as 1/4 of their CR.) 2) Magic Caster Level controls proficiency bonus, but that should be set by the monster CR. The magic caster level now incorrectly sets the proficiency bonus of the spells to match the value associated with that level. Example: Archmage is a CR 12 monster. His proficiency is +4. His intellect is +5. He should have +9 to hit with spells and 8(base)+9 = 17 DC for spell effects. His caster level is 18 however, and this sets his DC to 19 and his spell attack bonus to +11 because the proficiency is being bumped up to +6 by that caster level. You say PB should be dictated by monster CR. Is that a list that exist somewhere in WotC print? Does it match with their design choices? I expect this problem will be solved with more structured data on the Compendium. The CR to Proficiency chart is on page 8 of the Monster Manual. It is also tied into a larger chart on page 274 of the Dungeon Master's Guide. On page 283 under "Monsters with Classes"&nbsp; the section reads: "The monster's proficiency bonus is based on its challenge rating, not its class levels." Previously, we were manually inputting the spell attack value and DC of the spells. Now, with those values being derived from the "Magic Caster Level" input, this update breaks every monster with a caster class, increasing their difficulty with higher DC values than intended for spells. For monsters like the dragon mentioned above, we're going to need to be able to edit the max value for spell slots, not just the slots remaining.

Edited 1506543618
Alex
Pro
Add Dex to Initiative Fix If you toggle ADD DEX TO TIEBREAKER FOR INITIATIVE from NPC options and then un-toggle it then it permanently (as far as I can see) adds the dex bonus on. Having to do this with all the NPCs at the mo.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Update: Global Damage Mod field should now be critting as intended Personality and other background fields should keep formatting Resources tied to items should now properly update weight Init on NPCs should be updating after re-opening sheet Magic Caster NPCs PB has been adjusted to match DMG guidelines Polished the Proficiency repeating section options to make it more intuitive Compendium Ammo tracking should work with damage only attacks with both auto and manual rolling damage
Steve K. said: Inkcharm said: Happening with all tokens. I cleared my cache, restarted roll20, restarted the browser - it's still happening :( Any way I can fix it back? We're also testing a few other things in the character sheet and activated halfling luck. On a natural one, nothing happens though - it's still giving out the normal red number, without a reroll or anything happening. Is that intended, or did something break there? I seem to recall halfling luck used to auto-reroll nat1s? Setting the token's BAR 1 LINK to max_hp is what you want. What you're doing is setting the value to the text "max_hp" which is exactly what you're seeing. As for Halfling Luck, I'm seeing it operating normally. everytime I remove the text from BAR 1 VALUE and save changes, I get the messages that changes were saved, but scrolling down, the BAR 1 VALUE is still there, so I can't fix the issue. I don't know what to do here.&nbsp; &nbsp; Player just confirmed that halfling luck seems to be working for them now, so maybe that was just a matter of the checking the box not being synced yet for them when they tried it, thanks for checking for us!