Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v2.0

I noticed today that the Character Sheet (reasonably) permits a trailing space at the end of the Character Name. Since the Character Name is used for all sorts of API and command-related things, this can make messes that are hard for users to detect. For example, the OGL Companion script features like spell slot tracking and longrest resets fail in cases where the API command is set with the expected name [Bob], rather than the one with an invisible, typo space [Bob ].
The Hexblade Patron and the spell Hexblade Curse give you a damage bonus equal to your Proficiency Bonus. I tried to put {@pb} into the mod section of the attack but it is not recognised. I expect that it is simply not a feature of the sheet, but perhaps you can try add it in a future update?
I have created a custom macro for the bless spell, it ask to select 3 targets, adds the symbol i picked for bless to those targets and adds a round counter to the tracker. All i need now is to -1 from the spell slots. Anyone know how we could do this?
Simon B. said: The Hexblade Patron and the spell Hexblade Curse give you a damage bonus equal to your Proficiency Bonus. I tried to put {@pb} into the mod section of the attack but it is not recognised. I expect that it is simply not a feature of the sheet, but perhaps you can try add it in a future update? Try @{pb} instead of {@pb} hopefuly it should work then. Craven said: I have created a custom macro for the bless spell, it ask to select 3 targets, adds the symbol i picked for bless to those targets and adds a round counter to the tracker. All i need now is to -1 from the spell slots. Anyone know how we could do this? You can add {{spelllevel=<level of the spell slot used>}} to most roll templates to use up a spell slot of the level stated, if you have the Companion API running and your macro outputs a roll template. If it doesn't output a roll template, I would recommend Jakob's ChatSetAttr API to change the number of spell slots of the level cast by -1.
I think it'd be useful to have multiple damage and attack global modifier boxes, so you could, for instance, have separate boxes for Bless and Archery Fighting Style; or Hunter's Mark and Favored Enemy in the specific case of a ranger.
Rinn O. said: I think it'd be useful to have multiple damage and attack global modifier boxes, so you could, for instance, have separate boxes for Bless and Archery Fighting Style; or Hunter's Mark and Favored Enemy in the specific case of a ranger. It would be even better if each of the global modifiers were a repeating section that concatenated to one cumulative modifier (per global modifier of course), this way each person could have as many or little bonuses that their character needed.
Kevin said: Rinn O. said: I think it'd be useful to have multiple damage and attack global modifier boxes, so you could, for instance, have separate boxes for Bless and Archery Fighting Style; or Hunter's Mark and Favored Enemy in the specific case of a ranger. It would be even better if each of the global modifiers were a repeating section that concatenated to one cumulative modifier (per global modifier of course), this way each person could have as many or little bonuses that their character needed. Guys this is already easy to do.  Create a duplicate weapon of type.  Shortbow....or Shortbow Sharpshooter....Shortbow Hex etc....  Then just change your secondary damage accordingly as for Archery Fighting Style that is always on just put +2 at end of attack of your ranged weapon.
Mid game, one of our playable character's sheet was replaced with the Evoker NPC sheet from Volo's Guide.  We have an Evoker token on the board, not sure why it happened.  The bio page is still in tact, just the character sheet is for an Evoker.  Game is I.T.F. and the character name is Alex.  Can we restore it somehow?
^ nevermind.  I opened settings and unchecked the NPC box and it came back.
Elbuort said: Guys this is already easy to do.  Create a duplicate weapon of type.  Shortbow....or Shortbow Sharpshooter....Shortbow Hex etc....  Then just change your secondary damage accordingly as for Archery Fighting Style that is always on just put +2 at end of attack of your ranged weapon. Most people don't want lots of attacks in they're attack list though, plus sometimes this is horribly inconvenient. For example I am currently running a Ranger which has a possible +2 damage from favoured enemy, +1d6 from Hunter's Mark and +1d6 from Slayer's eye, all of which could apply or not apply to each attack. using your method I would have to have 8 separate attacks for each of my weapons which you can imagine wouldn't very helpful. Kevin said: Rinn O. said: I think it'd be useful to have multiple damage and attack global modifier boxes, so you could, for instance, have separate boxes for Bless and Archery Fighting Style; or Hunter's Mark and Favored Enemy in the specific case of a ranger. It would be even better if each of the global modifiers were a repeating section that concatenated to one cumulative modifier (per global modifier of course), this way each person could have as many or little bonuses that their character needed. As for how you'd go about solving this issue I would personally recommend just having both the modifiers you want and saying if they're 'on' with roll queries. So for the ranger example, in the global damage modifier section, you could put this ?{Hunter's Mark Applies|Yes ,1d6 |No, 0} + ?{Favoured Enemy?|Yes ,2 |No ,0} You can find out more about roll queries  here and  here .
Is it possible to make crits just do max damage instead of rolling twice in this sheet? My DM is trying to figure out if he can implement this house rule.
@Elbuort - Thanks and I am aware of this option.  There are always ways to work around things, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is a good design.  Adding more and more weapons simply clutters things up. @Kyle - Again thanks, aware of this option as well, but to be honest, roll queries on every attack will really just slow things down. I have played extensively with every iteration of every 5e sheet available on Roll20 and each has their pluses and minuses, but with the latest round of updates the OGL sheet feels better than ever, however as Rinn O. points out, it doesn't handle the situation where there are multiple buffs/bonuses applied very well.  I don't know about your groups, but it's not uncommon for us to have base class buffs, bless, haste, shield of faith, etc... so having a quick and easy checkbox system when things are up and running would be nice design approach.

Edited 1507385588
James D. said: Is it possible to make crits just do max damage instead of rolling twice in this sheet? My DM is trying to figure out if he can implement this house rule. You need to simply put the max of a die roll in the weapon attack's crit section and it will do what you want it to, it just will need to be done manually for each weapon/attack. Edit:  Sorry I re-read your initial question... if you want to simply maximize the initial damage, then no, there is not a simple/automatic way to do that. Edit 2:  You could manually fill in the damage for the crit field... in the example above you could put 14 (maximum damage for the attack), but you would have to then only use the number after the + on the roll template:
Well a good question on that ....is there a way to just double the dice when you crit not roll 2 dice for damage but double the damage rolled ?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Bernd S. said: For some NPCs especially the cantrips still doesn't work. E.g.: Aerisi Kalinoth in Prines of the Apocalypse. Shocking Grasp or Ray of Frost always roll 1d8 as damage die (2d8 would be correct). I even entered 2d8 as damage in the spell description and it still rolls 1d8. Not to mention that I changed CR etc. back and forth. :-( Try changing the Magic Caster Level for cantrip damage.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Matthew M. said: I just had the weirdest thing... is my game corrupted? I had a player that when they refreshed, somehow their character sheet got changed to the adult copper dragon NPC sheet.  The only way to resolve it was to do a rollback of the game.     You dragged an adult copper dragon from the compendium onto the character turning it into an NPC. I'll be adding a safeguard in the near future to help prevent accidents.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Tom said: Apologies if this has been acknowledged before, I've not seen it in the thread so far. Custom classes that are 3rd level casters, specifically the artificer, don't have the spellslots working. I can attach screenshots if necessary, but if in custom class 'Spell Slots' are set to 'THIRD (Arcane Fighter/Rogue' then the spellslot page has 0 slots total for every level.  Thanks for pointing this out. I'll get this fixed.
Kevin said: @Kyle - Again thanks, aware of this option as well, but to be honest, roll queries on every attack will really just slow things down. I have played extensively with every iteration of every 5e sheet available on Roll20 and each has their pluses and minuses, but with the latest round of updates the OGL sheet feels better than ever, however as Rinn O. points out, it doesn't handle the situation where there are multiple buffs/bonuses applied very well.  I don't know about your groups, but it's not uncommon for us to have base class buffs, bless, haste, shield of faith, etc... so having a quick and easy checkbox system when things are up and running would be nice design approach. Yeah they can be a little cumbersome sometimes. I know you're familiar with API so why not use ChatSetAttr to create a toggle macro to turn buffs on and off. Outside of that I don't see how you could speed up or streamline the process any more.
Is there a way I can take a sheet from a Monster I got in the monster guide and edit it? I did so, but the token keeps trying to revert to the original monster sheet. For example, I dragged Twig Blight to my game, so I now have the sheet. I then renamed it Tree Blight and adjusted the stats and size. Then I readded Twig Blight.  Only issue is I can only get it to create a Twig Blight Token with Twig Blight stats. 
I don't know if this is just me, but I would like to have the description of a spell written on all spells when cast by npcs. Is there a way to modify this macro : %{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spell} I would also like to add that magic missile should show up as three separate darts and therefore can be divided. Right now it combines all three. Is there a quick fix for this?
For the magic missile issue you highlight the damage and it shows you the rolls so you just add one.  You can also edit the spell yourself and have it do 1d4+1 instead of 3d4+3.
Fred said: I don't know if this is just me, but I would like to have the description of a spell written on all spells when cast by npcs. Is there a way to modify this macro : %{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spell} I would also like to add that magic missile should show up as three separate darts and therefore can be divided. Right now it combines all three. Is there a quick fix for this? ?{spell slot|1, Bolt2[[1d4+1]] Bolt3[[1d4+1]]| 2,Bolt2[[1d4+1]] Bolt3[[1d4+1]] Bolt4[[1d4+1]] | 3,Bolt2[[1d4+1]] Bolt3[[1d4+1]] Bolt4[[1d4+1]] Bolt5[[1d4+1]] | 4,Bolt2[[1d4+1]] Bolt3[[1d4+1]] Bolt4[[1d4+1]] Bolt5[[1d4+1]] Bolt6[[1d4+1]] | 5,Bolt2[[1d4+1]] Bolt3[[1d4+1]] Bolt4[[1d4+1]] Bolt5[[1d4+1]] Bolt6[[1d4+1]] Bolt7[[1d4+1]] | 6,Bolt2[[1d4+1]] Bolt3[[1d4+1]] Bolt4[[1d4+1]] Bolt5[[1d4+1]] Bolt6[[1d4+1]] Bolt7[[1d4+1]] Bolt8[[1d4+1]] | 7,Bolt2[[1d4+1]] Bolt3[[1d4+1]] Bolt4[[1d4+1]] Bolt5[[1d4+1]] Bolt6[[1d4+1]] Bolt7[[1d4+1]] Bolt8[[1d4+1]] Bolt9[[1d4+1]] | 8,Bolt2[[1d4+1]] Bolt3[[1d4+1]] Bolt4[[1d4+1]] Bolt5[[1d4+1]] Bolt6[[1d4+1]] Bolt7[[1d4+1]] Bolt8[[1d4+1]] Bolt9[[1d4+1]] Bolt10[[1d4+1]] | 9,Bolt2[[1d4+1]] Bolt3[[1d4+1]] Bolt4[[1d4+1]] Bolt5[[1d4+1]] Bolt6[[1d4+1]] Bolt7[[1d4+1]] Bolt8[[1d4+1]] Bolt9[[1d4+1]] Bolt10[[1d4+1]] Bolt11[[1d4+1]]}
Craven, I tried the macro you wrote and you almost got it, but it seems not to show the first bolt. 

Edited 1507518238
Fred said: Craven, I tried the macro you wrote and you almost got it, but it seems not to show the first bolt.  ?{spell slot|1, Bolt1[[1d4+1]] Bolt2[[1d4+1]] Bolt3[[1d4+1]]| 2,Bolt1[[1d4+1]] Bolt2[[1d4+1]] Bolt3[[1d4+1]] Bolt4[[1d4+1]] | 3,Bolt1[[1d4+1]] Bolt2[[1d4+1]] Bolt3[[1d4+1]] Bolt4[[1d4+1]] Bolt5[[1d4+1]] | 4,Bolt1[[1d4+1]] Bolt2[[1d4+1]] Bolt3[[1d4+1]] Bolt4[[1d4+1]] Bolt5[[1d4+1]] Bolt6[[1d4+1]] | 5,Bolt1[[1d4+1]] Bolt2[[1d4+1]] Bolt3[[1d4+1]] Bolt4[[1d4+1]] Bolt5[[1d4+1]] Bolt6[[1d4+1]] Bolt7[[1d4+1]] | 6,Bolt1[[1d4+1]] Bolt2[[1d4+1]] Bolt3[[1d4+1]] Bolt4[[1d4+1]] Bolt5[[1d4+1]] Bolt6[[1d4+1]] Bolt7[[1d4+1]] Bolt8[[1d4+1]] | 7,Bolt1[[1d4+1]] Bolt2[[1d4+1]] Bolt3[[1d4+1]] Bolt4[[1d4+1]] Bolt5[[1d4+1]] Bolt6[[1d4+1]] Bolt7[[1d4+1]] Bolt8[[1d4+1]] Bolt9[[1d4+1]] | 8,Bolt1[[1d4+1]] Bolt2[[1d4+1]] Bolt3[[1d4+1]] Bolt4[[1d4+1]] Bolt5[[1d4+1]] Bolt6[[1d4+1]] Bolt7[[1d4+1]] Bolt8[[1d4+1]] Bolt9[[1d4+1]] Bolt10[[1d4+1]] | 9,Bolt1[[1d4+1]] Bolt2[[1d4+1]] Bolt3[[1d4+1]] Bolt4[[1d4+1]] Bolt5[[1d4+1]] Bolt6[[1d4+1]] Bolt7[[1d4+1]] Bolt8[[1d4+1]] Bolt9[[1d4+1]] Bolt10[[1d4+1]] Bolt11[[1d4+1]]} All you needed was to add bolt#[[1d4+1]] You can add as many as needed.
I have been tinkering with the sheets html files to add a new ability, and now i cant get rolls to populate or ability scores to change, and now its expanded to where the sheet doesn't seem to update any functions at all. I cant find any errors, yet something is clearly very wrong. Is there a bit of code I can check for why this isn't happening? I've uploaded all three files here . Thanks!
Can anyone help I'm having an issue with the 5e OGL API, anyone else having the same issue?
Anthony V. said: Can anyone help I'm having an issue with the 5e OGL API, anyone else having the same issue? It seems as if the character you are trying to have take a long rest does not have a hit dice attribute.
Kyle G. said: Anthony V. said: Can anyone help I'm having an issue with the 5e OGL API, anyone else having the same issue? It seems as if the character you are trying to have take a long rest does not have a hit dice attribute. Thank you! Works now!
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Daniel R. said: Is there a way I can take a sheet from a Monster I got in the monster guide and edit it? I did so, but the token keeps trying to revert to the original monster sheet. For example, I dragged Twig Blight to my game, so I now have the sheet. I then renamed it Tree Blight and adjusted the stats and size. Then I readded Twig Blight.  Only issue is I can only get it to create a Twig Blight Token with Twig Blight stats.  You need to replace the  default token attached to the character.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Fred said: I don't know if this is just me, but I would like to have the description of a spell written on all spells when cast by npcs. Is there a way to modify this macro : %{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spell} Set the spell to "INCLUDE SPELL DESCRIPTION IN ATTACK" to "On"
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Agent_Dick said: I have been tinkering with the sheets html files to add a new ability, and now i cant get rolls to populate or ability scores to change, and now its expanded to where the sheet doesn't seem to update any functions at all. I cant find any errors, yet something is clearly very wrong. Is there a bit of code I can check for why this isn't happening? I've uploaded all three files here . Thanks! Sounds like a sheetworker issue if nothing is updating. If you check the console log, does it say the sheet workers have failed right as the page is first loading?

Edited 1507564627
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We pushed out another update that will hopefully resolve the drag and drop issue some users are experiencing. If you're still having drag and drop issues please provide a complete console log.
Not sure if its been mentioned, but "Channel Divinity" shows up as a default ability for Paladin and can not be deleted.
Greg C. said: Not sure if its been mentioned, but "Channel Divinity" shows up as a default ability for Paladin and can not be deleted. Channel Divinity is a class resource (starting at level 3 any way) so it is always there. That would be like wanting to remove the rage resource from a barbarian

Edited 1507571124
Steve K. said: Agent_Dick said: I have been tinkering with the sheets html files to add a new ability, and now i cant get rolls to populate or ability scores to change, and now its expanded to where the sheet doesn't seem to update any functions at all. I cant find any errors, yet something is clearly very wrong. Is there a bit of code I can check for why this isn't happening? I've uploaded all three files here . Thanks! Sounds like a sheetworker issue if nothing is updating. If you check the console log, does it say the sheet workers have failed right as the page is first loading? I'm not sure, as I'm still very new to js, but it does have an error near a mention of the script worker. Here is the console log .

Edited 1507573307
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Agent_Dick said: I'm not sure, as I'm still very new to js, but it does have an error near a mention of the script worker. Here is the console log . What O/S and browser are you using? Do you have this same issue on Chrome/Firefox?
Steve K. said: What O/S and browser are you using? Do you have this same issue on Chrome/Firefox? I'm using windows 7 and firefox, and yes, i have the same issue on chrome.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Agent_Dick said: I'm using windows 7 and firefox, and yes, i have the same issue on chrome. Your issue is definitely a sheetworker syntax issue. I'd recommend commenting out sections of your edited sheetworkers until you find the right piece that's causing the problem. SyntaxError: Unexpected token ) at eval (<anonymous>) at messageHandler (sheetsandboxworker.js?20170926:sourcemap:276) sheetsandboxworker.js?20170926:sourcemap:303 SyntaxError: Unexpected token ) at eval (<anonymous>) at messageHandler (sheetsandboxworker.js?20170926:sourcemap:276)
Steve K. said: Agent_Dick said: I'm using windows 7 and firefox, and yes, i have the same issue on chrome. Your issue is definitely a sheetworker syntax issue. I'd recommend commenting out sections of your edited sheetworkers until you find the right piece that's causing the problem. SyntaxError: Unexpected token ) at eval (<anonymous>) at messageHandler (sheetsandboxworker.js?20170926:sourcemap:276) sheetsandboxworker.js?20170926:sourcemap:303 SyntaxError: Unexpected token ) at eval (<anonymous>) at messageHandler (sheetsandboxworker.js?20170926:sourcemap:276) Ok, awesome! Thanks for your help. I'll go lookup how to do that! 
Using Chrome on Win8. So many compendium/sheet problems, but only when trying to actually run a game. 1) Still getting some blank characters 2) If it's not blank, it just won't drag them out at all 2) IF it doesn't drag them out, it will replace some or all of the existing tokens with the thing I tried to drag out. I'm not dragging them onto a sheet, just onto the board. For example, all my lizardfolk got changed to giant wolf spiders It works for the first couple of that I drag, and then everything goes to hell. If I exit the game, clear the cache, then restart Chrome, it will let me drag out another token or two without problems. This doesn't work while trying to run a game. You can see the lizardfolk and giant lizards who became spiders mid-fight, kobolds who suddenly became linked to "none/generic token", and the NPC druid "Rodak" who is now a kobold scale sorcerer here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/2534827/bnt8hA" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/2534827/bnt8hA</a> . Unfortunately I already deleted the blank wolf sheet to try to fix it, so that's gone, now the wolf sheet in that game gives kobold scale sorcerer stats, because why not? I just tried recreating the problem so I could get a log, but it's working fine with no players in the game, just dragged out a dozen monsters with no problem. I did finally get a blank Black Bear sheet, which I left in there.&nbsp; Also I still have no idea how you post a log, even when I put it in code it just errors out when I try to post.
Are class/racial features currently supported with the drag and drop feature from the compendium ?
Anthony V. said: Are class/racial features currently supported with the drag and drop feature from the compendium ? The compendium is still the SRD so no new features at this time..&nbsp; The sheet is prepared for when they allow personal compendiums for drag and drop, hopefully soon!!!

Edited 1507676749
I have been having a problem involving the 5e OGL sheet and the API, not sure if this is my own API mistake, a limitation, or if it may be a sheet problem, so linking here just in case it's a limitation or a sheet problem:&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5630221/help-set" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5630221/help-set</a>... Edit:&nbsp; Ignore this, likely my mistake in the API.
This might be a feature request, so i'm not sure if this is the right place to put this. Is there a way for carried option for equipment? If i un-equip my armor, for example, the sheet assumes i'm still carrying it and the total weight doesn't go down even though it's unlikely i'm going to be carrying the armor around in my arms while it's not equipped. Also, is it possible to specify containers? it would be great if i can mark what items are in what containers and if i equip the container, then the contained items are also equipped.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Dragonphire said: Is there a way for carried option for equipment? If i un-equip my armor, for example, the sheet assumes i'm still carrying it and the total weight doesn't go down even though it's unlikely i'm going to be carrying the armor around in my arms while it's not equipped. Items listed within the Equipment block are those which are stored on your character's person. "Equipped" items are those which are currently worn or wielded by your character, conferring any bonuses that are gained while those items are equipped (in fact, the Mods section only functions when the "Equipped" box is checked). The Treasure block on the Bio Page is better suited for recording items that are not on your usually character's person. Alternatively, the Simple inventory will not calculates weights automatically.
All my Spellcasting PC's are messed up. If i cast a spell that cant be cast at a higher level it subtracts the spell slots as normal but if i cast a spell (for instance guiding bolt) where it asks what level it says Spell Slot Level NaN ALL SLOTS EXPENDED&nbsp;&nbsp;
Eric H. said: All my Spellcasting PC's are messed up. If i cast a spell that cant be cast at a higher level it subtracts the spell slots as normal but if i cast a spell (for instance guiding bolt) where it asks what level it says Spell Slot Level NaN ALL SLOTS EXPENDED&nbsp;&nbsp; Have you tried toggling the spell output to force the sheet workers to update the spell? If this doesn't work, try dragging the spell from the compendium again.
Kyle G. said: Eric H. said: All my Spellcasting PC's are messed up. If i cast a spell that cant be cast at a higher level it subtracts the spell slots as normal but if i cast a spell (for instance guiding bolt) where it asks what level it says Spell Slot Level NaN ALL SLOTS EXPENDED&nbsp;&nbsp; Have you tried toggling the spell output to force the sheet workers to update the spell? If this doesn't work, try dragging the spell from the compendium again. What is the first part? Toggling the spell output? I can re drag all those spells but alot of them have custom stuff (life cleric extra healing) so would prefer not if i can avoid it
Eric H. said: Kyle G. said: Eric H. said: All my Spellcasting PC's are messed up. If i cast a spell that cant be cast at a higher level it subtracts the spell slots as normal but if i cast a spell (for instance guiding bolt) where it asks what level it says Spell Slot Level NaN ALL SLOTS EXPENDED&nbsp;&nbsp; Have you tried toggling the spell output to force the sheet workers to update the spell? If this doesn't work, try dragging the spell from the compendium again. What is the first part? Toggling the spell output? I can re drag all those spells but alot of them have custom stuff (life cleric extra healing) so would prefer not if i can avoid it This