Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v2.0

Inkcharm said: SP said: Inkcharm said: everytime I remove the text from BAR 1 VALUE and save changes, I get the messages that changes were saved, but scrolling down, the BAR 1 VALUE is still there, so I can't fix the issue. I don't know what to do here.    Player just confirmed that halfling luck seems to be working for them now, so maybe that was just a matter of the checking the box not being synced yet for them when they tried it, thanks for checking for us! For the BAR 1 VALUE thing, I had something similar and had to use another browser (I normally use Firefox, I used Edge to get around the issue) to actually get my changes to save properly. Doesn't work for me. I use Chrome, just tried it on Firefox and Edge. I clear the Bar 1 Value, I put hp_max in Bar 1 Link instead, I save changed. The change is saved in Bar 1 Link, NOT in Bar 1 Value, where the text mystically reappears in all three browsers.  Does anyone have any idea how to get whatever is screwed up here unscrewed? I'm baffled, and I don't fancy having to manually edit every token I drag and drop from the Monster Manual and Volo's that I paid for just because the game settings don't save properly :(  Just curious, is this a setting in the game settings (outside the VTT)? If so, have you clicked the [Update Default Settings] button in the in-game settings (inside the VTT). The game settings (outside the VTT) apply to new character sheets, not existing. By clicking the [Update Default Settings] button it will update existing character sheets. I don't have the MM to know if the button update the tokens however. If not I would re-import from the compendium and see if that fixes the issue.
Rick I. said: on the char sheet .. added a spell thats not in the compendium,  filled it out in the spell sheet part. and added it to the attacks and casting section on the main page, but theres no option to input 'cast at higher level' damage ..  all the compendium added spells auto set that up. but the homebrew one doen't do this..   any suggestions? I am seeing it just fine. I will point out that I had to change the output to be ATTACK from SPELLCARD though before it appeared.
Xarra said: I have a custom spell in my 5e game and the update has broken the attack for it. It's set up as per other cantrips but the attack link on the front page no longer works. I'm not sure if I'll need to add it again entirely. Try changing the output to SPELLCARD and then back to ATTACK. This should remove the old attack entry on the core page and create a new one.
BUG (there's a workaround): The AC field stopped using armor and shield bonuses. The AC value was 13, but should have been 15:  +3 dexterity +2 studded leather armor (and another +2 if shield were equipped). I tried changing Dexterity, and unequipping/reequipping the two items. I also tried deleting the AC, and then changing Dexterity.  None of this worked. I then deleted both items, and Drag & Dropped fresh copies from the Compendium; which solved the problem. Note: I had changed the character level to 20, changed it back to 1, and then I noticed the error. IDK if that level change had any effect on this. Thank you, Steve!

Edited 1506605828
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Bug: a 'Cast at what level?' Roll Query is being generated for 9th-level spells. That Roll Query is ?{Cast at what level?|Level 9,9}, which breaks those spells (if the user does not replace the 'Level 9,9' with '9' before submitting the Query).
Helen P. said: BUG (there's a workaround): The AC field stopped using armor and shield bonuses. The AC value was 13, but should have been 15:  +3 dexterity +2 studded leather armor (and another +2 if shield were equipped). I tried changing Dexterity, and unequipping/reequipping the two items. I also tried deleting the AC, and then changing Dexterity.  None of this worked. I then deleted both items, and Drag & Dropped fresh copies from the Compendium; which solved the problem. Note: I had changed the character level to 20, changed it back to 1, and then I noticed the error. IDK if that level change had any effect on this. Thank you, Steve! The reason that AC is bugged on existing sheets (I believe, I haven't actually tested this yet) is because the attributes of the armor items have changed. So the only way I know to fix the issue is to re-import the item from the compendium and remove the previous item.
Helen P. said: BUG (there's a workaround): The AC field stopped using armor and shield bonuses. The AC value was 13, but should have been 15:  +3 dexterity +2 studded leather armor (and another +2 if shield were equipped). I tried changing Dexterity, and unequipping/reequipping the two items. I also tried deleting the AC, and then changing Dexterity.  None of this worked. I then deleted both items, and Drag & Dropped fresh copies from the Compendium; which solved the problem. Note: I had changed the character level to 20, changed it back to 1, and then I noticed the error. IDK if that level change had any effect on this. Thank you, Steve! Addendum BUG: The equipped armor's weight is 13 lbs, and the Encumbrance is now off by 13 pounds. The shield was unequipped originally. Unequipping/reequipping the replacement items has no effect on the Encumbrance.
Silvyre said: Bug: a 'Cast at what level?' Roll Query is being generated for 9th-level spells. That Roll Query is ?{Cast at what level?|Level 9,9}, which breaks those spells (if the user does not replace the 'Level 9,9' with '9' before submitting the Query). So we have a listener that updates the ?{Cast at what level?} query based on the base level of the spell. Why would we not just have it set the value as 9 without the query since it is not possible to cast at a higher level?
Thank you, Kyle.  Alas, this Encumbrance problem related to it now exists.
Helen P. said: Addendum BUG: The equipped armor's weight is 13 lbs, and the Encumbrance is now off by 13 pounds. The shield was unequipped originally. Unequipping/reequipping the replacement items has no effect on the Encumbrance. What are you implying is the bug? Regardless of whether you have an item equipped or not, the character is still carrying it around. So it has weight.
What about previously saved items.   A lot of my characters that had put armor in their inventory to have it do the AC and some weapons arent working as before. The Armor had to be removed, and then re-dragged.  I havent fixed the weapons yet.  The weapons produce errors in the chat window.  And this is from normal compendium weapons.
Matthew M. said: What about previously saved items.   A lot of my characters that had put armor in their inventory to have it do the AC and some weapons arent working as before. The Armor had to be removed, and then re-dragged.  I havent fixed the weapons yet.  The weapons produce errors in the chat window.  And this is from normal compendium weapons. This problem is a combination of the OGL update AND the Compendium update.  In the update the base structure for the items changed, many attributes that were previously hidden have been moved. If the weapon errors are anything along the lines of cannot find attribute @{flag}, try toggling the 'use as attack' checkbox on the item to get the sheet workers to update the attack.
Kyle G. said: Helen P. said: Addendum BUG: The equipped armor's weight is 13 lbs, and the Encumbrance is now off by 13 pounds. The shield was unequipped originally. Unequipping/reequipping the replacement items has no effect on the Encumbrance. What are you implying is the bug? Regardless of whether you have an item equipped or not, the character is still carrying it around. So it has weight. The calculation of total equipment weight doesn't work any more. It should show 13 lbs. more.  The original equipped armor I deleted and then re-Drag & Dropped weighed 13 lbs. Also, adding new items (that have weights), or changing the "Equipped" flags, has no effect on the total weight.
Good day, I have come across a problem where I can't roll damage if I hit a crit on my attack. It gives the message: SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found. Is there any chance somebody knows how to fix this/what I did wrong? Many thanks
Meiros Wilwood said: Good day, I have come across a problem where I can't roll damage if I hit a crit on my attack. It gives the message: SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found. Is there any chance somebody knows how to fix this/what I did wrong? Many thanks The current workaround for this is to turn on the global damage modifier in the settings and to set it's value on the core page to 0. If this does not fix the issue, let us know.

Edited 1506615997
Hello, firstly love the character sheet but these new updates have broken a lot of features for my players that I spent yesterday fixing and then today more has broken. Namely the poison spray spell when dragged from the compendium doesn't work if it's output is set to attack. An older version of it on an existing character I have works fine but a newer character with the spell added won't cast the attack. Here's the older working version: Here's the one more recently dragged from the compendium that was working naught but 12 hours ago: This also occurs with burning hands when dragged from the compendium or if the older working version is edited as that now no longer works. When trying to give "False Life" an attack output by adding 1d4+4 to the healing input it causes this error: "SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found."
After update to compendium, my OGL character sheet is producing an error when casting Eldritch Blast. I deleted and re added the spell several times with the same result. Here is the output in the chat: SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found.
Should I be able to drag and drop Eldrich Invocations into the Features and Traits section if I have the compendium compatible version enabled?
Matt M said: Should I be able to drag and drop Eldrich Invocations into the Features and Traits section if I have the compendium compatible version enabled? Not yet, no. The groundwork has been lain to allow this in the future, but is not yet usable. As of right now, these Features and Traits have to be manually added. Matt M said: After update to compendium, my OGL character sheet is producing an error when casting Eldritch Blast. I deleted and re added the spell several times with the same result. Here is the output in the chat: SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found. Try putting a value in the Global Damage Modifier and see if that fixes the issue. You may need to toggle the GDM on to set this value.
Thanks, Kyle - that did the trick.
so setting the global damage to 0 and my weapons work but my spells are till lock up with the ( SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found. )
Haven't read all of this thread so forgive me if this was mentioned... I can't seem to drag and drop feats etc. from compendium to the new Traits area.
So after trawling through this thread further I applied Xander C.'s fix of adding a 0 to the global damage modifier then hiding it and it fixed all the above problems (besides the errors in poison spray's entry). Would it be possible to set the sheet up so it has it hidden but checked with a 0 in there by default to avoid further problems for others?
Jinker said: Haven't read all of this thread so forgive me if this was mentioned... I can't seem to drag and drop feats etc. from compendium to the new Traits area. Kyle G. said: Matt M said: Should I be able to drag and drop Eldrich Invocations into the Features and Traits section if I have the compendium compatible version enabled? Not yet, no. The groundwork has been lain to allow this in the future, but is not yet usable. As of right now, these Features and Traits have to be manually added.
I'm getting the following error when trying to use any weapon through the list: SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found.
Jarkko K. said: I'm getting the following error when trying to use any weapon through the list: SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found. Kyle G. said: Matt M said: After update to compendium, my OGL character sheet is producing an error when casting Eldritch Blast. I deleted and re added the spell several times with the same result. Here is the output in the chat: SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found. Try putting a value in the Global Damage Modifier and see if that fixes the issue. You may need to toggle the GDM on to set this value.

Edited 1506617921
Nope, did nothing :/ EDIT: Sorry, it actually helped!! I didn't realize to type something in the box (since it was greyed out, but not actually there)! Thank you ^^
Thanks for the clarification Kyle G.
Kyle G. said: Inkcharm said: SP said: Inkcharm said: everytime I remove the text from BAR 1 VALUE and save changes, I get the messages that changes were saved, but scrolling down, the BAR 1 VALUE is still there, so I can't fix the issue. I don't know what to do here.    Player just confirmed that halfling luck seems to be working for them now, so maybe that was just a matter of the checking the box not being synced yet for them when they tried it, thanks for checking for us! For the BAR 1 VALUE thing, I had something similar and had to use another browser (I normally use Firefox, I used Edge to get around the issue) to actually get my changes to save properly. Doesn't work for me. I use Chrome, just tried it on Firefox and Edge. I clear the Bar 1 Value, I put hp_max in Bar 1 Link instead, I save changed. The change is saved in Bar 1 Link, NOT in Bar 1 Value, where the text mystically reappears in all three browsers.  Does anyone have any idea how to get whatever is screwed up here unscrewed? I'm baffled, and I don't fancy having to manually edit every token I drag and drop from the Monster Manual and Volo's that I paid for just because the game settings don't save properly :(  Just curious, is this a setting in the game settings (outside the VTT)? If so, have you clicked the [Update Default Settings] button in the in-game settings (inside the VTT). The game settings (outside the VTT) apply to new character sheets, not existing. By clicking the [Update Default Settings] button it will update existing character sheets. I don't have the MM to know if the button update the tokens however. If not I would re-import from the compendium and see if that fixes the issue. Game Settings outside the VTT. And I AM talking about importing characters from the monster manual into the game, as I do that a need-to-do-basis. When I need the monster, I grab it from the MM and drop it into the VTT, and then use it from the journals if I need more than one. Both ways of doing it currently result in what you see on the token below. And I cannot make an actual change in the game settings page right now. I make a change, I click on Save Changes, I scroll down to check and I find what you see below no matter what I try to do to it. I can't remove it. All I want is for the Monster Manual to give me monsters with fully linked and filled out health bars again. It's not working, and I'm going mad trying to edit the game settings when it doesn't save.  Basically, right now, I can't use any of the content I paid for without putting in more work. I need to manually edit the spellcaster NPCs in Tales of the Yawning Portal, and who knows what is going on with the Monster Manual/Volo's stuff I drag and drop for my homebrew game, since the game settings are screwed up for me and apparently I can't fix them, because I can' remove and save anything.
So, what is going on with the whole NPC spellcaster problems?  I just bought Tomb of Annihilation two days ago, and every spellcaster NPC is broken.  I specifically bought this on roll20 to save time on actual play prep....this doesn't help!  I don't want to have to "click here to enable spellcasting NPCs" and "drag from compendium into the new spell slots" (which doesn't seem to work for me...and is an incomplete spell list!). Nor do I want to troll these forums for quick fixes and reprograms. For real...I am not a rich man, and spent good money on Tomb of Annihilation and Sunless Citadel for ease of use....now many key features are broken.  Is this being addressed? Can we get a rollback patch? Can I get a refund???
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We've pushed out a bugfix for the attack and spell issues. There are characters who got stuck and didn't finish updating. This fix should force a new update that fixes attack and spell issues. Please let us know if you're still having issues after refreshing your game and re-opening the characters. If you are please provide the name of your game and the name of the character having issues and we'll take a look. We apologize for the inconvenience. 
Arcane Rogue Spell Slots seems to not be correct... When I check the Arcane Rogue option under the settings wheel, I get the following spell slots: RogueLevel 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 3rd 2 — — — 4th 2 — — — 5th 2 — — — 6th 3 — — — 7th 3 — — — 8th 3 — — — 9th 4 2 — — 10th 4 2 — — 11th 4 2 — — 12th 4 3 — — 13th 4 3 — — 14th 4 3 — — 15th 4 3 2 — 16th 4 3 2 — 17th 4 3 2 — 18th 4 3 3 — 19th 4 3 3 — 20th 4 3 3 — According to the PHB, the arcane rogue (Arcane Trickster) is supposed to get the following spell slots by level: Rogue Level 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 3rd 2 — — — 4th 3 — — — 5th 3 — — — 6th 3 — — — 7th 4 2 — — 8th 4 2 — — 9th 4 2 — — 10th 4 3 — — 11th 4 3 — — 12th 4 3 — — 13th 4 3 2 — 14th 4 3 2 — 15th 4 3 2 — 16th 4 3 3 — 17th 4 3 3 — 18th 4 3 3 — 19th 4 3 3 1 20th 4 3 3 1

Edited 1506623895
Really nice. I just had a look into it. But there is a tiny little flaw in it: the spells don't work anymore in my NPC sheets. I already created hundreds of monsters and NPCs and now the existing spells don't work anymore. The old spells I wrote there are working but not the attack, and they are throwing error messages too. Even worse: dragging new spells in the new section don't work at all for me. If I click on such a new spell there no output in the chat at all. Hope that I'm doing something wrong?! Next week I have my next session and I don't want to write hundred monster sheets new or roll any spell manually! E.g.: a priest rolling a Guiding Bolt yields two error lines No attribute was found for @{Priest|halflingluck} No attribute was found for @{Priest|halflingluck} And the attack rolls are always 1. By the way: I change the spell settings I am about to say that this update destroyed the whole work of months for me.
Examining the rolling initiative with advantage (on hover) the dice formula appears to be 1d20ro<1,1d20ro... shouldn't it just be 2d20kh1, or is there something I don't understand about the way the dice formulas are being shown?
Paladins dont seem to be gaining spells correctly - they should gain 4 1st level and 2 2nd Levels at level 5 - this is only granted at 6th level.

Edited 1506626374
Jon said: Examining the rolling initiative with advantage (on hover) the dice formula appears to be 1d20ro<1,1d20ro... shouldn't it just be 2d20kh1, or is there something I don't understand about the way the dice formulas are being shown? Both ways work. The {1d20ro<1,1d20ro<1}kh1 just separates the rolls different when you hover over it in chat. I believe the way the character sheet does it makes it easier to understand as well. Plus if you change the d20 attribute of the character sheet to something else say 2d10, advantage will still apply as intended without breaking the result.
The desc roll template is still messed up when it includes inline rolls. The template works just fine in all other instances. I'm running a Curse of Strahd game with the included template variation if that matters.
Is there a way to force my game to update? I'm still having this issue, it's a huge bummer :(
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Inkcharm said: Game Settings outside the VTT. And I AM talking about importing characters from the monster manual into the game, as I do that a need-to-do-basis. When I need the monster, I grab it from the MM and drop it into the VTT, and then use it from the journals if I need more than one. Both ways of doing it currently result in what you see on the token below. And I cannot make an actual change in the game settings page right now. I make a change, I click on Save Changes, I scroll down to check and I find what you see below no matter what I try to do to it. I can't remove it. All I want is for the Monster Manual to give me monsters with fully linked and filled out health bars again. It's not working, and I'm going mad trying to edit the game settings when it doesn't save.  Basically, right now, I can't use any of the content I paid for without putting in more work. I need to manually edit the spellcaster NPCs in Tales of the Yawning Portal, and who knows what is going on with the Monster Manual/Volo's stuff I drag and drop for my homebrew game, since the game settings are screwed up for me and apparently I can't fix them, because I can' remove and save anything. That's strange. Are there any errors appearing in the developer console of your browser? What's the name of this game, we'll look at it specifically to see what might be going wrong.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Bernd S. said: Really nice. I just had a look into it. But there is a tiny little flaw in it: the spells don't work anymore in my NPC sheets.  This shouldn't be the case any longer. Please refresh and re-open the NPCs. If that doesn't solve the issue please let us know the name of the game and the name of a NPC that's affected and we'll take a look.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Caelen said: The desc roll template is still messed up when it includes inline rolls. The template works just fine in all other instances. I'm running a Curse of Strahd game with the included template variation if that matters. This is still on my radar. It will be fixed.

Edited 1506630848
Looks like spells that were added manually (not from compendium), before the upgrade (v1.4), show up with a red border and can not be deleted. All the text is missing. If you delete the spell, it comes back after reopening the sheet.

Edited 1506631133
Steve K. said: Bernd S. said: Really nice. I just had a look into it. But there is a tiny little flaw in it: the spells don't work anymore in my NPC sheets.  This shouldn't be the case any longer. Please refresh and re-open the NPCs. If that doesn't solve the issue please let us know the name of the game and the name of a NPC that's affected and we'll take a look. Thank you very much for the quick answer! I always really appreciate your quick work on postings! For one NPC now at least the old written spells seem to work: Asha in my "Out of the Abyss" game. For another written NPC, Ilvara, it does not work, regardless what I enter in the spell attributes section. The NPC "Cult Fanatic" is working, although all spell attribute values are equal 0; even a newly added spell from the compendium works (great!). And the "Priest" seems to work too. Therefore my first guess is that all NPCs I once created from the compendium are ok, but Asha is precisly is an NPC as a copy from "Priest" and then just adding the drow feats. So if I change anything from a compendium NPC => bad. A self-made NPC => bad. Problem is: I had to add manually some NPCs. Very strange. And alway if it is not working, I get this error lines when clicking on the spell: No attribute was found for @{Drow Priestess of Lolth|halflingluck} No attribute was found for @{Drow Priestess of Lolth|halflingluck} Of course halfling luck is only to be set if a sheet is in NPC=no mode and my NPCs are of course NPC=yes and never were PCs. The NPC "Vizerann DeVir" is even worse though he is also just a slightly modified copy of an archmage. Here I get for Fire Bolt: GM (GM): -KZ7WY-N4Y0dlLaaR9G4|repeating_attack_-KX0GfOz6rRSrd-8g3sn_attack
Thanks for the fixes so far! However, I'm still encountering a few bugs. Multiple spellcasters in my game have this open spell slot appearing with a red box around it. Deleting it gets rid of the spell but the red box still stays, just on the spell that was underneath or above it instead. Re-opening the character sheet makes the spell and red box reappear. I'm not sure if it used to be a custom made spell, or one from the compendium.  NPC spellcasters with cantrips are outputting the wrong damage when the Cantrip Dice is selected from the Cantrip Progression options. The only way I can fix it by selecting None instead and manually changing the amount of dice that's supposed to be rolled. Not a huge issue, but annoying. That's all I've noticed so far. Thanks again for the hard work!
I was having syntax issues yesterday and they've thankfully been resolved. However, when rolling it seems that the code doesn't factor in a character's stats? Kudos to Kyle G. for telling me how to do this: @{Bia|wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=^{charisma-u}}} {{mod=@{Bia|charisma_mod}@{Bia|jack_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{Bia|d20}+@{Bia|charisma_mod}@{Bia|jack_attr}[CHA]]]}} @{Bia|rtype}+@{Bia|charisma_mod}@{Bia|jack_attr}[CHA]]]}} @{Bia|charname_output} That's what comes up when I try to roll a general CHA check, for example. Bia has a -2, but it's not applying. Nor to initiative, checks, or saves. A dummy character has working rolls, though. Is this something my side? Closing the sheet out doesn't refresh it.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
For those of you having the red box issue, what's the name of your game and character having the issue?
For the spell red box issue; I placed a character in a campaign called Monster Manual, PC named Tiefling Sorcerer.
Spell red box issue for me too. Game is called The Adventures of Faerun and the character is called Damakos Torment