Advertisement Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v2.0

1506951602
I am sorry if this has already been reported but here it is: My player's character is Arcane Trickster and today she noticed that new updated sheet doesn't show correct amount of spell slots. I tried it myself and noticed that for Arcane Fighter and Rogue the class options seems to set option "Magic Caster Level" incorrectly. For level 8 character it's set at two which gives three (3) level 1 slots and no level 2 slots. I didn't test further after I found out that setting it to three gives correct amount of spell slots.
1506953352
Eugene said: Steve K. said: Bernd S. said: Really nice. I just had a look into it. But there is a tiny little flaw in it: the spells don't work anymore in my NPC sheets.&nbsp; This shouldn't be the case any longer. Please refresh and re-open the NPCs. If that doesn't solve the issue please let us know the name of the game and the name of a NPC that's affected and we'll take a look. Hi, Steve K. Unfortunately, my Spellcasting NPCs are still broken. First off, my custom built NPCs using the previous version of the OGL sheet, that I had made by dragging spells from the compendium onto the spell slots, must be rebuilt. but what's worse is that my purchased content also has broken Spellcasters. So for example, I bought Tales from the Yawning Portal and added several adventures in it to my Homebrew campaign. Now all Spellcasters within it are broken! All of those Red Thayan Wizards from Dead in Thay, for example, would need to be rebuilt manually.&nbsp; Can you assist? Here's some info that may help: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1006565/old-guys-d-and-d-5e" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1006565/old-guys-d-and-d-5e</a> In the Journal, look in the Doomvault folder (about ten folders down, after the individual sheets). Then look in the NPCs folder and, finally, the Red Wizards folder. But that's just the beginning. There are literally dozens of NPCs that are broken now. Help! Sincerely, Eugene PS Thanks for the work you are doing, though! This issue aside, the new sheets are MAGIC. PPS OH SHIT.&nbsp; I just checked my other two campaigns. ALL of my Spellcasters are broken in the purchased Storm King's Thunder and Tomb of Annihilation modules I have purchased! ALL of them! Ahhhhhh!!!&nbsp; ** runs around with Grover Arms** I already gave up any chance that the old spells (deprecated area) are working again and therefore started to add all (which means in my case hundreds for all spellcasting NPCs) spells new again. The most horrible thing seems to be that the proficiency bonus (which simply depends on the CR) is complete crap. For high level spell casters it is always wrong (try the archmage, CR 12 =&gt; prof should be 4). Changing the CR back and forth yields constantly changing results always avoiding the only correct value of 4. And of course the damage dice of the cantrips is also wrong, usually it stays 1. I would really appreciate having this fixed soon. My next session is on Friday. Concerning this whole update : the intention was good, there are nice new features. BUT: it should have been tested carefully. There is no way back because attributes have changed, I guess. But all the work on spellcasters is lost. And if you can't rely on correctly calculated attack boni and damage you constantly have to check every single roll. What a nightmare this is! UPDATE: Shocking Grasp seems to be not working at all. The spellcasting ability is not revognized for any of my NPCs. In the attack only the proficiency is added.
1506965155
Not sure if this is a bug or intended behaviour: 1. The Global Saving Throw Modifier does not seem to do anything - not entered in saving throw rolls 2. When turning on the Global Modifier fields, there is nothing shown in the Skills area, but Tools and Custom Skills shows the field.
1506965447
Also, casting an attack cantrip from the Attack section on the Core page works fine (except the companion script gives a NaN error), but the same spell cast from the spell tab gives this error; No ability was found for %{-KthJI9K8TlJkb4Lhirj|repeating_attack_attack} &nbsp;-KthJI9K8TlJkb4Lhirj|repeating_attack_-Ktj6hNu2dxN2q92hB5z_attack
Doug E. said: 2. When turning on the Global Modifier fields, there is nothing shown in the Skills area, but Tools and Custom Skills shows the field. I believe that is the intended behavior because tools are also skill checks. It makes sense that the field is there (to me) because it doesn't use more room in the actual skills section. We have seen from other posts that this section is very picky about what is allowed with regards to the styling. Doug E. said: Also, casting an attack cantrip from the Attack section on the Core page works fine (except the companion script gives a NaN error), but the same spell cast from the spell tab gives this error; No ability was found for %{-KthJI9K8TlJkb4Lhirj|repeating_attack_attack} &nbsp;-KthJI9K8TlJkb4Lhirj|repeating_attack_-Ktj6hNu2dxN2q92hB5z_attack I have also had this problem, but I was able to fix it by toggling the spell output to SPELLCARD and back to ATTACK. Let me know if that doesn't fix it.
Doug E. said: 1. The Global Saving Throw Modifier does not seem to do anything - not entered in saving throw rolls I am able to get it to work. It doesn't add the value to the roll but shows that it was done. The first roll was with the GSM box unchecked, the other two are with the box checked.
1506968516
Kyle G. said: Doug E. said: 1. The Global Saving Throw Modifier does not seem to do anything - not entered in saving throw rolls I am able to get it to work. It doesn't add the value to the roll but shows that it was done. The first roll was with the GSM box unchecked, the other two are with the box checked. You're talking about the Global Save modifier on the Core page. That works so long as there is a value in it and is checked. I'm talking about the Global Saving Throw Modifier found in the Save options box on the Gear page . Interestingly, there is an attribute called,&nbsp;globalsavemod that holds this value, and an attribute called,&nbsp;globalsavingthrowbonus which doesn't seem to do anything, and an attribute named,&nbsp;global_save_mod_field, that holds the value you input into the Global Save Modifier field in the Saving Throws box on Core. There is also an attibute,&nbsp;global_save_mod with the value,&nbsp;{{global=[[@{global_save_mod_field}]]}}. Redundant attributes?
Could someone help explain the intention of the new NPC spell lists? I get that they act more similar to how PCs spell lists work. However, nearly all NPCs I look at list their spells quite differently. I am playing the Storm King's Thunder Adventure Path. The first NPC in the list is a Cloud Giant which lists the spells as so. At will: detect magic, fog cloud, light 3/day each: feather fall, fly, misty step, telekinesis 1/day each: control weather, gaseous form These spells are often of various level, for instance 1st level spells being able to be used at will. Likewise, it lists that these spells can be used 3 times each. The previous method it was very clear how these were used. But beyond listing their usage behind each spell, I'm not sure how to properly handle this for NPCs.
1506969261
I believe that is the intended behavior because tools are also skill checks. It makes sense that the field is there (to me) because it doesn't use more room in the actual skills section. We have seen from other posts that this section is very picky about what is allowed with regards to the styling. I have also had this problem, but I was able to fix it by toggling the spell output to SPELLCARD and back to ATTACK. Let me know if that doesn't fix it. Ah, ok, it makes sense after the fact but is not intuitive. So I toggled to spellcard and back to attack couple of times and now from the spell page I get the spellcard output but the spell has disappeared from the Attack section of the Core page. There is a blank entry that appeared as if I just added it. This character might be the issue because I created a fresh character, dragged the spell in and it works whether from the Core or Spells page.
Doug E. said: I'm talking about the Global Saving Throw Modifier found in the Save options box on the Gear page . Interestingly, there is an attribute called,&nbsp;globalsavemod that holds this value, and an attribute called,&nbsp;globalsavingthrowbonus which doesn't seem to do anything, and an attribute named,&nbsp;global_save_mod_field, that holds the value you input into the Global Save Modifier field in the Saving Throws box on Core. There is also an attibute,&nbsp;global_save_mod with the value,&nbsp;{{global=[[@{global_save_mod_field}]]}}. Redundant attributes? Ahh my mistake. However I am still able to set this value and have it apply. Here I set the value to one and I can immediately see that each of the saving throws are now 1 higher than before. This new value is also applied to the rolls itself.
1506969938
Ah, yes, again, my character sheet is broken somehow because on the fresh new character it is indeed working. I fixed the spell problem by deleting and re-dragging the spell onto the sheet.
Everything in "Equipment" is lost :(
Daniel I. said: Everything in "Equipment" is lost :( I think you should be able to get back any notes you had in equipment by going to the settings tab (cog in the top right) and then in the general options section (far right one) there should be a drop-down menu to change inventory from compendium compatible to simple. Changing back to simple should get your old equipment back I believe.
1506973348

Edited 1506973397
Soul
Pro
Is it possible to use the custom abilities to easily call the attacks in the core page? There are certain features that I don't see it being able to do such as auto ammo tracking and manual clicking for damage w/ the roll template. Also is there a way to change the equipment flags via macros/commands? I'd like to have an easy button to switch between shield on/off.
Soul said: Is it possible to use the custom abilities to easily call the attacks in the core page? There are certain features that I don't see it being able to do such as auto ammo tracking and manual clicking for damage w/ the roll template. A recent&nbsp; thread&nbsp; was just talking about this. Give that a look. Soul said: Is it possible to use the custom abilities to easily call the attacks in the core page? There are certain features that I don't see it being able to do such as auto ammo tracking and manual clicking for damage w/ the roll template. Also is there a way to change the equipment flags via macros/commands? I'd like to have an easy button to switch between shield on/off. I have a&nbsp; gist that will allow you to handle equipment. I just recently (today actually) updated it so it works with the current version of the character sheet.
Kyle said: Daniel I. said: Everything in "Equipment" is lost :( I think you should be able to get back any notes you had in equipment by going to the settings tab (cog in the top right) and then in the general options section (far right one) there should be a drop-down menu to change inventory from compendium compatible to simple. Changing back to simple should get your old equipment back I believe. I know that method will work for Languages & Proficiencies and Features & Traits, but I have never seen an instance where a character's inventory is reset.&nbsp; @Daniel, Are you sure that this has happened because of the update? When did you last check on the character to see it's inventory?
Soul said: Is it possible to use the custom abilities to easily call the attacks in the core page? There are certain features that I don't see it being able to do such as auto ammo tracking and manual clicking for damage w/ the roll template. As for ammo tracking you can add an ammo section to certain roll templates by adding ammo=AMMO into the roll template, where AMMO is the exact name of a resource (class, other or repeating). You can find out more about the specifics required for ammo tracking to work here&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/D%26D_5e_OGL_Roll_Templates#Attack" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/D%26D_5e_OGL_Roll_Templates#Attack</a>
1506975731
Soul
Pro
Kyle G. said: Soul said: Is it possible to use the custom abilities to easily call the attacks in the core page? There are certain features that I don't see it being able to do such as auto ammo tracking and manual clicking for damage w/ the roll template. A recent&nbsp; thread&nbsp; was just talking about this. Give that a look. Soul said: Is it possible to use the custom abilities to easily call the attacks in the core page? There are certain features that I don't see it being able to do such as auto ammo tracking and manual clicking for damage w/ the roll template. Also is there a way to change the equipment flags via macros/commands? I'd like to have an easy button to switch between shield on/off. I have a&nbsp; gist that will allow you to handle equipment. I just recently (today actually) updated it so it works with the current version of the character sheet. You've single handedly solved all of my problems. Thank you!! :)
Doug E. said: Ah, yes, again, my character sheet is broken somehow because on the fresh new character it is indeed working. I fixed the spell problem by deleting and re-dragging the spell onto the sheet. The gibberish before repeating_attack in your example (-KthJI9K8TlJkb4Lhirj) is a game specific random generation. It only works in the game you have added the spell to your character sheet, or made a change to the spell while in the new game (most just toggle attack back to spellcard and then back to attack). This is not just an issue with the 2.0 update. 1.6 had this same problem.
1506986244
Steve K.
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Eugene said: Hi, Steve K. Unfortunately, my Spellcasting NPCs are still broken. First off, my custom built NPCs using the previous version of the OGL sheet, that I had made by dragging spells from the compendium onto the spell slots, must be rebuilt. but what's worse is that my purchased content also has broken Spellcasters. Thanks for your examples. It helped me track down a flaw in how the module NPCs were set up that was exacerbated by the sheet changes. I’ve got a temporary fix that I’ll roll out soon that should fix the issue in existing games, until the problem can be patched out in an upcoming update.
1506991171
Steve K.
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Taylre G. said: I'm loving all the improvements! (Especially the traits template, which I can implement for my custom macros instead of the pesky spell template.)&nbsp; However, I have received a mysterious +2 bonus to all my ability checks. There's no global bonus or anything like that checked in the settings tab, and it doesn't seem to apply to saves, attacks, or anything that uses my modifier -- just checks.&nbsp; It's worth noting that we use the companion API. Are you using Jack of all Trades? If you toggle that on and off does it fix your problem?
1506993465
Steve K.
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Craig said: The new global modifiers for PC sheets (ie that use the global= field) are not compatible with query macros or roll templates other than simple. I'm not able to reproduce this. Can you give me an example of a roll you're making where it isn't showing and what the settings on the sheet you're using I.E. Always Roll Advantage + Auto Roll Damage?
1506993578
Steve K.
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Skurp said: The global save modifier doesn’t add to death saving throws and based on Sage advice they should be. Can this be fixed? I'm seeing the global saving throw modifier from the settings tab adding correctly to death saves. Can you give me an example of a game and character where this isn't happening?
1506993687
Steve K.
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hel said: So this bug stopped happening a couple days ago, but only to start to happen again by the time we were gaming. =] I believe this should be fixed. If after clearing your cache you're still getting this problem can you please provide the name of your game and character that's having this issue and I'll investigate.
1506993745
Steve K.
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Al B. said: Hello, so awesome update! You added a feature to use the Proficiency Die variant rule (DMG pg263). Unfortunately when that die becomes a d10 or if the PC has a negative bonus to a skill they're proficient in, that skill becomes unselectable because it moves down to the "next line" where the next skill is layered above it. You cant adjust the size of the skill section which Im pretty sure would help this. What OS and Browser are you using? Is your browser zoomed? If so does resetting the zoom to 100% solve the issue?
1506993843
Steve K.
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Isolde said: I can't drag and drop my spells anymore; the spell slot seems to be slightly off-center and no yellow highlight shows up anymore when I try to drag my spells in; what can I do to fix this? You no longer have to create empty repeating sections and can drop new items and spells anywhere on the sheet and they'll be put in the proper place automatically.
1506993911
Steve K.
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ashan said: It really should be obvious, but I can't figure out how to use the "Token Size" attribute for NPCs. It seems to reset whenever I close the character sheet. I've tried putting in fractions, fractions in decimals (0.25), integers, squared integers (4, 16) but nothing seems to stick. What am I doing wrong? Token Size is an attribute that comes in from the Compendium and can't be changed at this time after it's initially set. I've made it transparent because I'm hoping to add future functionality that will make use of it.
1506994070

Edited 1506994099
Steve K.
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Doug E. said: Not sure if this is a bug or intended behaviour: 1. The Global Saving Throw Modifier does not seem to do anything - not entered in saving throw rolls 2. When turning on the Global Modifier fields, there is nothing shown in the Skills area, but Tools and Custom Skills shows the field. I'm not seeing any issues with the Global Saving Thrown Modifier. Can you give me the name of a game and character having your issue? The Skills Global Modifier is under the custom skills and tool proficiency section.
1506994294
Steve K.
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Doug E. said: I'm talking about the Global Saving Throw Modifier found in the Save options box on the Gear page . Interestingly, there is an attribute called,&nbsp;globalsavemod that holds this value, and an attribute called,&nbsp;globalsavingthrowbonus which doesn't seem to do anything, and an attribute named,&nbsp;global_save_mod_field, that holds the value you input into the Global Save Modifier field in the Saving Throws box on Core. There is also an attibute,&nbsp;global_save_mod with the value,&nbsp;{{global=[[@{global_save_mod_field}]]}}. Redundant attributes? Not redundant. The "global_save_mod" attribute is the checkbox. When it's checked it's value is 0 and does nothing in the roll template. When it's checked it's value becomes "{{global=[[@{global_save_mod_field}]]}}" and includes the value you put in the text area which is "global_save_mod_field".&nbsp;
1506995292
Steve M. said: Doug E. said: Ah, yes, again, my character sheet is broken somehow because on the fresh new character it is indeed working. I fixed the spell problem by deleting and re-dragging the spell onto the sheet. The gibberish before repeating_attack in your example (-KthJI9K8TlJkb4Lhirj) is a game specific random generation. It only works in the game you have added the spell to your character sheet, or made a change to the spell while in the new game (most just toggle attack back to spellcard and then back to attack). This is not just an issue with the 2.0 update. 1.6 had this same problem. I had not realized it was game-specific, thanks. I came to realize this 'broken' character is one that had been back and forth between two games via Character Vault. The toggling didn't fix but replacing the spell did. It's all moot since the GM uses powercard macros for all attacks. We don't attack from the sheet.
1506995737
@Steve K. Sorry, I meant to post that the 'broken' character sheet that I've been talking about exhibited the non-behaviour of the Global Saving Throw Modifier but when I created a new, fresh character, the bonus does apply. It is not an issue as it is a test game with a back up character. But thanks for the explanation.
1506996628
AL
Plus
Hello, so awesome update! You added a feature to use the Proficiency Die variant rule (DMG pg263). Unfortunately when that die becomes a d10 or if the PC has a negative bonus to a skill they're proficient in, that skill becomes unselectable because it moves down to the "next line" where the next skill is layered above it. You cant adjust the size of the skill section which Im pretty sure would help this.
1506999436
how can I import my 5e hero lab character sheet into a&nbsp; new 5e roll 20 sheet.&nbsp; I do not see the little system cog wheel for settings?
1507000746

Edited 1507000810
Steve K. said: Skurp said: The global save modifier doesn’t add to death saving throws and based on Sage advice they should be. Can this be fixed? I'm seeing the global saving throw modifier from the settings tab adding correctly to death saves. Can you give me an example of a game and character where this isn't happening? Not the one from the settings tab, though I hadn’t actually tried that one yet. I’m talking about the global save modifier that is actually in the saving throw box on the core page to use with things such as bless.&nbsp;
1507002421

Edited 1507002432
can anyone tell me how to import a character from Hero lab into the 1.1.4 D & D sheet?
1507019520

Edited 1507021102
Kyle G. said: Kyle said: Daniel I. said: Everything in "Equipment" is lost :( I think you should be able to get back any notes you had in equipment by going to the settings tab (cog in the top right) and then in the general options section (far right one) there should be a drop-down menu to change inventory from compendium compatible to simple. Changing back to simple should get your old equipment back I believe. I know that method will work for Languages & Proficiencies and Features & Traits, but I have never seen an instance where a character's inventory is reset. @Daniel, Are you sure that this has happened because of the update? When did you last check on the character to see it's inventory? Yes I'm sure, the Equipment section is now all blank but had a lot of things just a week ago and I can't get it back by toggle from Compendium Compatible to Simple. Edit: Though it seem to work now when I toggle back to CC, wierd but great.
Milo said: can anyone tell me how to import a character from Hero lab into the 1.1.4 D & D sheet? There is no function for that. Only manual entry.
Is the current documentation for the roll templates included with this character sheet up to date? Currently, the npc action template does not list rname in the results portion of the card.
No, the wiki is in the process of being updated with the latest version.
For reference, it looks like the value for the lower display name is now type={{&lt;name to show&gt;}}
Is anyone else having the issue where passive perception is miscalulated when using the proficiency die option? I have a PC with a passive of 15 (they're proficient in perception with a +3 mod and +2 from tier 1 bonus) but when I click over to the prof. die option, the sheet changes the passive to 27. How can I fix this? Or is this a dev side issue?
1507044550
Steve K.
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ivey said: Is anyone else having the issue where passive perception is miscalulated when using the proficiency die option? I have a PC with a passive of 15 (they're proficient in perception with a +3 mod and +2 from tier 1 bonus) but when I click over to the prof. die option, the sheet changes the passive to 27. How can I fix this? Or is this a dev side issue? This is a bug. Thank you for pointing it out. I'll add it to my list to fix. The issue is it's concatenating the PB die and combining numbers instead of adding them together. (I.E. 1 and 2 become 12 and not 3)
1507044630
Steve K.
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Al B. said: Hello, so awesome update! You added a feature to use the Proficiency Die variant rule (DMG pg263). Unfortunately when that die becomes a d10 or if the PC has a negative bonus to a skill they're proficient in, that skill becomes unselectable because it moves down to the "next line" where the next skill is layered above it. You cant adjust the size of the skill section which Im pretty sure would help this. I asked for more information earlier on this page. Please provide the requested details so I can better investigate your issue.
1507044666
Steve K.
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Milo said: how can I import my 5e hero lab character sheet into a&nbsp; new 5e roll 20 sheet.&nbsp; I do not see the little system cog wheel for settings? There is no automatic importing of characters into Roll20 at this time.
1507044831
Steve K.
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Skurp said: Not the one from the settings tab, though I hadn’t actually tried that one yet. I’m talking about the global save modifier that is actually in the saving throw box on the core page to use with things such as bless.&nbsp; I'm not seeing any issues. Can you provide more details?
Steve K. said: Skurp said: Not the one from the settings tab, though I hadn’t actually tried that one yet. I’m talking about the global save modifier that is actually in the saving throw box on the core page to use with things such as bless.&nbsp; I'm not seeing any issues. Can you provide more details? IIRC Skurp is talking about the Global Save Modifier not applying to Death Saving Throws.
1507049489
Steve K.
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We pushed out a fix this morning that should hopefully resolve issues users were having with Module/Addon spellcasting NPCs. If you're still experiencing any issues with spellcasting NPCs please let me know, with the name of the game and NPC having the issue. Additionally we pushed out a fix for default settings that should have resolved issues some users were having with stuck fields.
1507053828
Steve K. said: Skurp said: Not the one from the settings tab, though I hadn’t actually tried that one yet. I’m talking about the global save modifier that is actually in the saving throw box on the core page to use with things such as bless.&nbsp; I'm not seeing any issues. Can you provide more details? The attribute saves aren’t the issue. It is the death saves. Since death saves are a saving throw, they are affected by bless. Using the Global Save Modifier found in the saving throw section of the core sheet is not affecting death saves, and it should be.&nbsp;
Steve K. said: Milo said: how can I import my 5e hero lab character sheet into a&nbsp; new 5e roll 20 sheet.&nbsp; I do not see the little system cog wheel for settings? There is no automatic importing of characters into Roll20 at this time. Did you just let something slip? oo la la