Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Official Pathfinder Character Sheet 1.22

Edited 1545170172
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Update 12/18  - The latest sheet update is huge! Please check out Natha's full release notes for everything that's changed - Click Here! Next Update - Official Pathfinder Wiki expanded to cover this version of the sheet.  Welcome to the Official Pathfinder by Roll20 Character Sheet Bug and Feedback thread. Please let us know about any issues you have with the sheet below.
The one big thing I noticed (and this might be addressed with the wiki) is that I didn't see an intuitive way to setup Two-Weapon Fighting/Flurry of Blows/etc. The automatic iterative attacks for high BAB is really nice, but I couldn't find another way to do something like TWF or FoB, short of just rolling separate attacks. That might also be the intent, but I know a lot of my players who use that kind of combat style like to have an "all in one" roll button.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
One thing I did not find was an import feature to use Hero Lab. That is really unfortunate.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike W. said: One thing I did not find was an import feature to use Hero Lab. That is really unfortunate. I'm guessing there might be some licensing issues that would need to be resolved before that could happen... Some initial thought's on the Official Pathfinder sheet; I like that the sheet is "lightweight" and intuitive.  I could see it being less intimidating than the community sheet.  Good job. Question; wondering where class features should go?  Any thoughts on adding conditions and/or buffs to the Official Sheet?
Let me start off by saying I LOVE these sheets.  They are fast, uncluttered, and mostly intuitive.  I'm looking forward to getting my players on this as well (it'll add a bunch of additional play time when players won't have to swap pages for info). So I've muddled through a fair amount about my character and here are things that I've found so far that could use enhancement at some point. This is mostly feedback based on the current (prior?) version of the character sheet currently available. **HL import would be awesome (already mentioned, +1 here) **Compendium doesn't seem to work at all.  I'm using chrome (current version).  Couldn't search, couldn't click on links either.  This made life *really* annoying for spell casting. **"Spells" section doesn't appear to have a "domains" option for spell casting.  You can just add the +1 but this seems like an odd omission when you have a section dedicated to racial adjustments. **"Armor" adjustments essentially go into two different areas.  May be personal pref, but if I have an amulet of natural armor I'd want that to adjust in the AC section with my armor and shield. **Some fields could use available links like "Senses" and "AC/Touch/FF".  Being able to click a button to respond makes things faster for communication if people are talking (no need to wait your turn to say what your armor class would be or if you can see in the dark). **When I roll "Hit Points" the details state "Rolling 1dD8+2[MOD] = 1" which of course means I always get a 1.  This could certainly be user error. **"SC" took a bit for me to find (and didn't even realize SF should be unchecked since I'm a cleric until later).  Probably just me but  maybe a bit more obvious on the "spellcasting" header (especially since you don't even get that page until you click the button). **The ? at top left of "class" doesn't seem to do anything (in confugrration).  I'm not sure if it's supposed to or if it's just to denote that the levels will show there. **Sure do miss the ability to add "buffs" in the current sheet.  Having to manually adjust every ability/roll to account for every spell being cast gets cumbersome.   **Along the same lines, having the spell auto-roll your concentration check (along with DC), your spell resistance, etc. was a really nice feature as well.  Hope to see that built in when the drag/drop is available. **An inverted version of the character sheet (dark with light text) would be really fantastic. Overall a lot of improvements to the current character sheet and hopefully some enhancements will really make it shine.
how do i get access to the sheet
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
louis w. said: how do i get access to the sheet Log into the  Dev server , create a new game and choose "Pathifnder Official" from the charcter sheet template.
My attack damage is calculating perfectly but showing 3x the amount of 3D dice? I love this so far. Eventually a print option perhaps using pdf would be grand.
I would like there in future be way to select unchained's skill options, I always use Background skills option from it in my games.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tyrian said: The one big thing I noticed (and this might be addressed with the wiki) is that I didn't see an intuitive way to setup Two-Weapon Fighting/Flurry of Blows/etc. The automatic iterative attacks for high BAB is really nice, but I couldn't find another way to do something like TWF or FoB, short of just rolling separate attacks. That might also be the intent, but I know a lot of my players who use that kind of combat style like to have an "all in one" roll button. TWF or FoB would currently require several attack entries. A macro could solve this. For instance, using the first two attacks of the character "Valeros": %{Valeros|repeating_attacks_$0_fullattack} %{Valeros|repeating_attacks_$1_fullattack} The wiki will have full details on the rolls/abilities that can be used in macro.

Edited 1520415097
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vince said: Mike W. said: One thing I did not find was an import feature to use Hero Lab. That is really unfortunate. I'm guessing there might be some licensing issues that would need to be resolved before that could happen... I'll let the Powers That Be give an official answer to that, but, AFAIK, there's no plan for Hero Lab import. Though, a community API script could do that, I guess ;) Some initial thought's on the Official Pathfinder sheet; I like that the sheet is "lightweight" and intuitive.  I could see it being less intimidating than the community sheet.  Good job. Coming from you, that's really appreciated, so thank you very much. Question; wondering where class features should go?  Any thoughts on adding conditions and/or buffs to the Official Sheet? This will be clarified in the upcoming wiki but the "Traits" repeating section is intended to record everything that doesn't fit as an attack/spell/spell-like abilty/feat.

Edited 1520432166
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Travis H. said: Let me start off by saying I LOVE these sheets.  They are fast, uncluttered, and mostly intuitive.  I'm looking forward to getting my players on this as well (it'll add a bunch of additional play time when players won't have to swap pages for info). Thank you very much for this feedback. Really appreciated.  So I've muddled through a fair amount about my character and here are things that I've found so far that could use enhancement at some point. This is mostly feedback based on the current (prior?) version of the character sheet currently available. **HL import would be awesome (already mentioned, +1 here) I can't give you any official answer about that but ... see my take on it above, answering to Vince. **Compendium doesn't seem to work at all.  I'm using chrome (current version).  Couldn't search, couldn't click on links either.  This made life *really* annoying for spell casting. This is a temporary problem with the dev server/PF compendium. As a pro user, you could use the current source files to add the sheet on the production server in a custom game, and test it with Compendium. I must warn you that changes are being made to the Compendium, though, probably as we speak. **"Spells" section doesn't appear to have a "domains" option for spell casting.  You can just add the +1 but this seems like an odd omission when you have a section dedicated to racial adjustments. **"Armor" adjustments essentially go into two different areas.  May be personal pref, but if I have an amulet of natural armor I'd want that to adjust in the AC section with my armor and shield.  Noted for future brainstormings. **When I roll "Hit Points" the details state "Rolling 1dD8+2[MOD] = 1" which of course means I always get a 1.  This could certainly be user error. That's definitely a bug with a new created character (and neither its Hit Dice nor its Favored class has been changed). This will be fixed. For now, change the HD to another value and set it back to D8, or changed the Favored class, then set it back to the current class, and the roll will be fixed.  **"SC" took a bit for me to find (and didn't even realize SF should be unchecked since I'm a cleric until later).  Probably just me but  maybe a bit more obvious on the "spellcasting" header (especially since you don't even get that page until you click the button). **The ? at top left of "class" doesn't seem to do anything (in confugrration).  I'm not sure if it's supposed to or if it's just to denote that the levels will show there. "?" is just a visual indicator (as well as the "Help cursor") to encourage the player to hover the labels, and read their full name in the tooltip (like "Spellcasting" for "SC"). The upcoming wiki will help in that sense. **Along the same lines, having the spell auto-roll your concentration check (along with DC), your spell resistance, etc. was a really nice feature as well.  Hope to see that built in when the drag/drop is available. DC, spell-failure check, concentration rolls are automatically calculated/activated based on the character's stats and configuration, either the spell has been manually entered or comes from a Compendium drop. Overall a lot of improvements to the current character sheet and hopefully some enhancements will really make it shine. I'm fairly certain this sheet will benefit from enhancements in the future, so this kind of feedback is really useful. Thanks again.

Edited 1520415610
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Brian B. said: My attack damage is calculating perfectly but showing 3x the amount of 3D dice? Every damage roll would roll the normal damage dice and the critical damage dice, only showing them in the roll template if the attack is potential critical hit. From a technical point of view, there's no possibility for now to roll conditionnally. Hence the numerous 3D dice. I love this so far. Eventually a print option perhaps using pdf would be grand. Thanks for your feedback.  As for the printing request, have you seen/voted for this  Suggestion ? :)

Edited 1520421442
I really like the sheet. On the PC sheet I would love to see a special abilities section like in the Monster / NPC sheet. It would make it easier to enter things like Grit or Ki pools or the investigator inspiration where you have a certain number of uses per day for things that aren't spell-like abilities. I saw above that you said everything that isn't a spell-like ability should go into traits, but I didn't see a way of tracking uses per day. Otherwise... Very nice. I will let you know if I find anything else... 

Edited 1520434736
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kain said: I really like the sheet. On the PC sheet I would love to see a special abilities section like in the Monster / NPC sheet. It would make it easier to enter things like Grit or Ki pools or the investigator inspiration where you have a certain number of uses per day for things that aren't spell-like abilities. I saw above that you said everything that isn't a spell-like ability should go into traits, but I didn't see a way of tracking uses per day. Otherwise... Very nice. I will let you know if I find anything else...  Thanks for the feedback. EDIT: sorry Kain, I misread your post. To clarify: on the NPC sheet, the sections that allow to track uses are special attacks and spell-like abilities.  Special abilities are only text informations, without uses tracking. On the PC sheet, only the spell-like abilities have a "uses per day" option. What you say is that you would like a repeating section for PC that would be more like the special attacks of the NPC sheet? Was: Good news, there is a Spell-like ability section for PC Check you character as "SC" (Spell caster) in the Configuration tab, even if she's not, so that the Spell Tab appears. The Spell-like ability repeating section (same as NPC) is in the Spell Tab :
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So far I love the look and feel of the sheet. The only part of it that seemed somewhat confusing was where to put race and class features. I saw that there was a repeating section for Traits (which is sort of it's own thing in Pathfinder separate from race and class features), but I wasn't sure if this was where other character features were intended to go until I read the OP for this thread.
Sorry. Yes.. Special attacks like on NPC sheet. My apologies for the misunderstanding... 
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Stephen L. said: So far I love the look and feel of the sheet. The only part of it that seemed somewhat confusing was where to put race and class features. I saw that there was a repeating section for Traits (which is sort of it's own thing in Pathfinder separate from race and class features), but I wasn't sure if this was where other character features were intended to go until I read the OP for this thread. Thank you for your feedback, Stephen. The confusion has been noted.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you so much Natha for answering all these questions :D And to put in a dev statement: HeroLabs import will not be officially supported on the sheet. 

Edited 1520449621
Thanks for the detailed response! One more question that came up.  Is there currently or pending a way to transfer information from the current character sheet to the new sheet?  I can't be the only player out there who built their character solely in R20.  Changing the sheets in the system ultimately seems to lead to a blank sheet and no way to reference the old information.  Edit: Either way, thanks for making this.  I'm guessing it won't really be possible to port over from the older sheets but figured it was worth asking.
Natha said: Tyrian said: The one big thing I noticed (and this might be addressed with the wiki) is that I didn't see an intuitive way to setup Two-Weapon Fighting/Flurry of Blows/etc. The automatic iterative attacks for high BAB is really nice, but I couldn't find another way to do something like TWF or FoB, short of just rolling separate attacks. That might also be the intent, but I know a lot of my players who use that kind of combat style like to have an "all in one" roll button. TWF or FoB would currently require several attack entries. A macro could solve this. For instance, using the first two attacks of the character "Valeros": %{Valeros|repeating_attacks_$0_fullattack} %{Valeros|repeating_attacks_$1_fullattack} The wiki will have full details on the rolls/abilities that can be used in macro. Thanks Natha, a macro to simply run two attacks was in fact the backup plan. I was hoping for a non-macro method, considering that Monk is a core class. For reference, something like this is what I was talking about.  But if a macro it must be, then a macro it must be!
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tyrian said: Thanks Natha, a macro to simply run two attacks was in fact the backup plan. I was hoping for a non-macro method, considering that Monk is a core class. For reference, something like this is what I was talking about.  But if a macro it must be, then a macro it must be! It might be a temporary solution ;)
JJL said: I would like there in future be way to select unchained's skill options, I always use Background skills option from it in my games. I also use features from Pathfinder Unchained aswell, mainly Background Skills and Wound Thresholds.
Half-elves can have two Favored Classes, but the sheet restricts you to just one.
This looks really good! My only ask would be to let values flow more freely. For instance, I couldn't find a way to include a Feat macro in an AC field. 
Maybe I missed it, but when using two spellcasting classes, how do I designate which spell goes to which class?
Great sheet! Really like the ease of use and looking forward to being able to test with the compendium. I did notice the reorganize option for Feats and Traits is not working (Chrome), I am not able to change the order of items listed
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Rabulias said: Half-elves can have two Favored Classes, but the sheet restricts you to just one. Thanks for the feedback Rabulias. You are right. But the Favored class radio button has only one automatic mechanical effect: setting the Hit Dice of the HD roll from the Main tab. So for now, I would suggest, if playing an half-elf, adding a "(F)" or something in the name of the second favored class.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Joe, Just Joe said: This looks really good! My only ask would be to let values flow more freely. For instance, I couldn't find a way to include a Feat macro in an AC field.  Thanks, Joe. To be sure I'm getting your request right: you would like, for example, the "Misc" bonus to AC to be a text field, so you would be able to fill it with something like 2+@{some attribute}?
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
PastorTroy said: Great sheet! Really like the ease of use and looking forward to being able to test with the compendium. I did notice the reorganize option for Feats and Traits is not working (Chrome), I am not able to change the order of items listed Thanks, PastorTroy! Did you "pop out" the sheet ("Use window popouts for characters" Roll20 option)? Because the reordering of repeating sections doesn't work in a poped out character sheet (this is a global limitation, not from this specific sheet).

Edited 1520503886
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Rabulias said: Maybe I missed it, but when using two spellcasting classes, how do I designate which spell goes to which class? When the two spellcasters class options are checked, you can choose to which spellcaster it "belongs" in the configuration of each spell. And the little black number in front will change accordingly.
Natha said: Joe, Just Joe said: This looks really good! My only ask would be to let values flow more freely. For instance, I couldn't find a way to include a Feat macro in an AC field.  Thanks, Joe. To be sure I'm getting your request right: you would like, for example, the "Misc" bonus to AC to be a text field, so you would be able to fill it with something like 2+@{some attribute}? Precisely!
Trivia said: Thank you so much Natha for answering all these questions :D And to put in a dev statement: HeroLabs import will not be officially supported on the sheet.  Not having HL import is a deal breaker for a lot of the community. While I am a supporter of Roll20 suggesting using the API puts a much, as was done before your post, leaves large swaths of the community with only the manual option as plenty of people are willing to pay for a Plus subscription but the Pro subscription is not feasible for them. Not offering compatibility with the most popular character management tool out there is a mistake that will limit the success of what looks like a really nice partnership with Roll20 and Paizo. I have been excited about this and even looking forward to purchasing APs after I finish running the AP I am currently running but the lack of HL import means the official sheet isn't nearly as useful. If the APs require the official sheet (I haven't checked to see if this is the case or anything has been said about it at all) then that will play in to purchase decisions for sure. All over social media this question is one of the most frequently asked, Roll20 should listen to the community of this.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Mark -  There are no plans to disallow API use on the Official Character Sheet. We do not have a licensing agreement with HeroLabs.  All AP's will be built with the official sheet and supported by the official sheet. Roll20 does not want to depend on the goodwill of volunteers making character sheets to build our licensed marketplace content off of. I hope that makes sense. We have seen community sheets remain popular with licensed content (I have seen it specifically with 5E), and I see no reason why Pathfinder won't fare the same way. API is not going away and this community builds amazing things with it.  Thank you for your feedback - Trivia, Production Coordinator
Having been involved in software development for literally the last ten years I don't see a licensing issue. The XML output is just that, the data is either owned by the player or by Paizo as it's licensed Pathfinder content. My suspicions are backed up by the fact that the community sheet has an import function and Lone Wolf Development (the owners of Hero Lab) have never come after the developer. I am not aware of any situation where writing an XML parser for data that you have a license for is a licensing issue. Both HL and Roll20 have a license agreement with Paizo so the copyright bits should be covered.  Of course I could be mistaken, I am not afraid to be wrong, but I don't think I am in this case.  What I suspect, and I wouldn't even be upset if this were true, is that Roll20 doesn't want to provide access to content not purchased through Roll20. For instance if I have the Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide purchased through Hero Lab and not Roll20 then Roll20 doesn't make anything off my use of those rules. That would even be a sound business decision as far as that goes.  All of this however is getting in to minutia that's well beyond the scope of the sheet itself so I'll wander off and keep working on my campaign. Just one final question, as your response is mite confusing, will the community sheet be allowed in the official APs? Aside from the fact I'm hammering on this issue I do appreciate the work that's being done and am still excited for the APs. 
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
That would be up to the community sheet being able to parse the attributes from the new set from the official sheet, same as the Shaped needs to parse OGL 5E sheet attributes, but can still function just fine with official converted content. I am not a software developer, nor a community sheet creator (production/cat herding here!) but I am figuring that is probable :)

Edited 1520574200
Natha said: When the two spellcasters class options are checked, you can choose to which spellcaster it "belongs" in the configuration of each spell. And the little black number in front will change accordingly. Ah, I was filling out the Spell-Like section. I needed to have values in the Per Day column to show the Spells section. All good now. Thanks!

Edited 1520882367
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Bug fixes coming soon for version 1.07 PC sheet: Bug fix: new (unmodified) character hit die rolls correctly PC sheet: Custom skills layout enhancement to make them look like regular skills PC sheet: Show AC in chat by clicking the "AC" label in the Main tab PC sheet: Show Senses in chat by clicking the "Senses" label in the Main tab PC sheet: Weapons/Attacks enhancements (to handle abilities like "Vital Strike"): Attack type: new options in the drop down list: "BAB Full" (was just "BAB" before, and uses all the possible BAB values for Full attacks) and "BAB Max" (just use the maximum BAB for one roll). Damage and Damage 2: new "Bonus Dice (No crit)" field, to add damages that will be not multiplied by the critical multiplier PC sheet: "Traits" repeating section: renamed "Features / Traits" with in explicit tooltip regarding class and race features new field "Per Day" field in configuration, to show and handle a number of uses per day PC sheet: "Spells" repeating sections: new "Domain Spell" checkbox in configuration, adding a "D" visual indicator to the spell's name PC sheet: AC: "AC Items" repeating section can now handle items giving Natural, Deflection or Dodge bonuses. Natural and Deflection bonuses in AC Items grant the best of all possible bonuses, they don’t stack. Dodge bonus moved from Configuration Tab to the AC configuration in Main tab. The "AC" configuration in Main tab now shows the AC items mods, plus the previous Natural, Deflection and Dodge modifiers fields (if the player doesn't want to handle the individual items).
On the NPC Sheet, the ability to add or have more Craft, Perform, and Professions skill lines
Which macro language will this sheet use? The older or newer pathfinder sheet?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The roll templates are going to be completely different and although there may be some attributes with the same names (I haven't checked...), you will more than likely need to redo custom macros that relied on using any other sheet's data.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
The new Pathfinder sheet will have its own, new roll template that will be described in its documentation for use in macros.
So having had a chance to play around with the sheet a bit here are a few comments I had: 1. I really like how much information the sheet manages to cram into the one main page, the number of tabs to flip through on the community sheet always bothered me so just having everything right there appeals to me a great deal. 2. I don't really like the font, that's personal preference I know. It looks like the font was trying to Imitate a sort of handwritten pencil and paper feel, which I get stylistically. But it just looks like a standardized test to me, especially the bubbles on the configuration page for the classes, those are just straight up the scantron bubbles. Not a deal breaker, I bet lots of people will like it just fine, but other font options would be nice. 3. The ability scores seem to be a bit of a step back. The games I run involve a fair amount of ability damage and ability drain and the sheet doesn't really seem able to support that. The one temp modifier box is lovely, but once you have a belt of whatever, a morale bonus, 3 points of ability damage, and a point of ability drain it just isn't going to cut it. The drain could come out of the score column I suppose because that's what ability drain is, but over the course of the weeks that these things play out people would forget about that, and yeah there is a notes section but you're only going to see that if you open it, or roll the ability check which is kind of rare for some of the ability scores. 4. The sheet doesn't seem to be calculating the weight of currency. Should be 50 to the pound, the sheet seems to think gold coins are weightless, which granted is a very common houserule.

Edited 1521739322
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
As the Official Pathfinder Character Sheet has been officially released today, this forum post now lives in the Character Sheet forums! We continue to welcome bug reports and feedback as we continue to improve this sheet.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Can't wait to see all the cool stuff that a Roll20 partnership with Paizo has in store.  Congratulations!  
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Forgot to add - The Wiki is live!&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Official" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Official</a> We'll be updating it over the next few days for some minor usability issues (those big, beautiful gifs! maybe a bit too big...) but you will find the answers to many questions within. Happy Gaming all, we're so glad you're enjoying the sheet! Trivia
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
Is there a way to configure the sheet for spontaneous casters at present? i am probably missing it but a place to track spells per day seems to be lacking.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Nibrodooh -&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Official#Spell-like_Abilities" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Official#Spell-like_Abilities</a> - Let me know if this helps! :)

Edited 1521762373
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I might be doing it wrong (probably)... This is on the production server, when I enter class and level, the header info and the class level total remain blank. &nbsp; UPDATE: I went back in the game hours later and reentered the class name and it populated as expected.&nbsp; Just a temporary glitch...
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
I was hoping more for the ability to replace the spells prepared with a field for tracking your spells per day for sorcerers and the like, as having a spell like ability labeled Level 1 spells is a little less then intuitive. It works in the interim, but i would like to suggest spell per day tracking in the future