Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Official Pathfinder Character Sheet 1.22

Natha said: Cabfire said: Hello everyone, Do you have any plans to permit to activate bonus textbox for roll like you do in the PC version of the sheet ? Problem is i need to turn the NPC sheet into a PC one to check the options i want (bonus textbox), and it reset the stats and skill of the creature. So, i don't really understand why it's possible on the PC version but NOT in the NPC version. Is there something i have miss ? Any plan on that ?  (crosspost) Hi Cabfire. Can you be more specific about what you call "bonus textbox" on the PC sheet? Is it the "temp" or "misc" fields on the PC sheet? Or the ability to toggle a query modifier at roll time? If he's talking about the query rolltime mod thing I know that's something I'd like to see for NPCs. It'd be great if they have feats like Power Attack and other such things. Although I guess that's also why it's good for PCs lol. I'm also hoping that buffs will eventually be added so we'll be able to create a buff for things like Rage or Power Attack and just turn them on when we want them.

Edited 1540938591
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Some discussions and Q/A happened in the Pro subforum, regarding the sheet (thanks to TheJokerPlays, DXWarlock and Statboy), that could benefit to everyone. So here's a condensed version that will probably end up in a revised version of the wiki . Armor Check Penalty (ACP) ACP is applied to the skills value from the total Check Penalty, tallied from the individual AC items Check Penalty, if the AC item is checked as “EQuipped”. Skills having “Apply Armor/encumbrance penalty” checked will be modified by the total Check Penalty, and a penalty icon will appear next to the skill value. By default, every Strength or Dexterity based skill have “Apply Armor/encumbrance penalty” checked. Note that dropping an armor or shield from the compendium will automatically fill the appropriate AC item properties. These properties can be adjusted to match a magic item, for example: How to handle Power attacks, Precise Shots etc. Modified attacks like Power attack or Precise shot can be handled in several ways, like: activate the query bonus on rolls in the configuration tab, per roll type, so that clicking on the attack would ask for an attack and/or damage bonus: or, if the player uses the modified attack frequently: create a second entry in the section with the appropriate modifiers: or add a query modifier in the attack itself. For example “ +?{Power Attack|No, 0|Yes, -1}[Power Attack] ” Not mentioning, obviously, creating macros from copying and modifying the full roll query from the chat. “Macro formula”, using character stats, in a roll As a general rule of thumb, in Weapons/attacks and Spells, or even in any “Notes” that would be shown in a roll (abilities, skills, feats etc.), you can use any attribute of the character. The formula may need double brackets in some case (like in a Notes or Description or a Spell attribute like “Effect” or the Description or Damage Type of an attack). Handling Sneak Attack Imho, the best option is to create a dedicated entry in Weapons/Attacks, with no attack checked but only damage (and eventually use Damage2 for supplemental magic damage), to be clicked after an attack that hit and is subject to “Precision damage”. If you prefer that the Sneak Attack damage be rolled every time an attack occurs, add it as secondary damage : Or in the Description (or Notes) as an inline roll : Half-strength and one-and-a-half Strength or Dexterity damage bonus In the dropdown list of damages in Weapons/Attacks main damages or Aditional Attacks damages, these options are available as “Two-Handed” for one-and-a-half and “Off-Hand” for half ability modifier: Tracking prepared and used spells Regarding Arcane spellcasters, the design idea was that the spells prepared would be set by the player, and then decreased as they are used. For example, this Wizard can prepare 6 spells per day, and has prepared 3 times Burning Hands, 2 times Color Spray and Expeditious Retreat once. Later in the day, the Wizard has cast Expeditious retreat and Burning Hands twice, ending up with: Dynamic effects of Spells beyond attacks, damage and saving throw Every text attributes can contain a “macro calculation” that will be “rolled” dynamically when “casting” the spell. For example: So, you can drop a spell from the compendium to fill the character sheet and modify it in this way afterwards: Rolling Concentration checks Concentration check can be rolled from the Spells tab or from the Spell roll itself in the chat Ending in: Handling special features like the Witch Hexes Special and spell-like abilities can be entered as class features or Spell-like ability, as you wish and depending on the specific features of the ability. As a general rule, there is no good or bad way to use the sheet, but the one that suits the player. Example as a Feature/Trait: Example, as a Spell-like ability: Tracking “permanent” bonuses from magic items and other sources All the items' mechanical effect should be handled either in the AC Items repeating section (for armors, shields and other magic items giving protection bonuses), Weapons/Attacks repeating section, or the various Misc modifiers &amp; Notes for the “permanent” bonuses given by other magic items. For example. Armors or Weapons weight The inventory repeating section only intend is to list consumable items, and/or items with significant weight to automatically calculate encumbrance. To account for an Armor or Weapon weight, as any other item, it has to be added in the inventory, with its weight. Note that an upcoming feature will be an universal/facilitated drop from compendium, to add (for example) the dropped armor automatically to the inventory and AC items. Handling items like Masterwork Backpack, and other modifiers to carry weight Options are available in the encumbrance section: Conditions Every conditions listed in the CRB are available on the sheet: Blinded, Cowering, Dazzled, Deafened, Energy Drained, Entangled, Exhausted, Fascinated, Fatigued, Frightened, Grappled, Invisible, Panicked, Pinned, Prone, Shaken, Sickened and Stunned have automatic mechanical effects on applicable stats and rolls on the sheet. If checked, a reddish icon icon will be shown on the sheet, next to the appropriate stats and/or rolls. For example, a panicked character: All these stats and/or rolls have been automatically recalculated according to the rules (and thus the derived attributes). This will show in the relative rolls: Some conditions, like Blinded, Prone or Energy Drained etc., will also show modified stats in boxed in red, or red text, or show additional information: The other conditions ( Bleed, Confused, Dazed, Disabled, Dying, Helpless, Incorporeal, Nauseated, Paralyzed, Petrified, Stable, Staggered and Unconscious ) have effects in the way the game plays, to be managed by the GM and players, but don’t have a direct mechanical effects on the character sheet stats &amp; rolls. Favored class &amp; leveling up Your can indicate which of the character classes are favored with the “F” (Favored) checkbox in the Classes section of the Configuration tab. A misc field is available to record the total skill ranks bonus gained from the favored class levels gained (and/or from others sources). As for leveling up, see: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6881884/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6881884/</a> &nbsp;

Edited 1541466554
I've just spent quite a while looking through all the various wiki articles and reading everything on this thread. (Whew!) I have a few comments/questions/suggestions. [1] There is no clear explanation anywhere that says you need to put square brackets around certain items (@{...} types of things) when you are trying to add them to fields. I have not been able to figure out when the brackets are needed vs. not needed other than trial and error. Actually, a nice simple guide "for dummies" on how that whole thing works would be nice. [1b] Some fields do not allow you to put in equations or calls - specifically this would be useful in the Spells and Spell-like abilties' "Per Day" and "DC" fields. Many things change based on the caster level or modifiers, and having an equation to do this would be better than having to remember and change everything each time a character levels up or changes a modifier. [2] Some items, such as the quarterstaff, do not fill in the fields properly for a drag-and-drop when creating an attack. The quarterstaff, for instance, calculates as 1d6 divided by 1d6, so as far as I can tell, the roll always seems to be 1. [3] When looking at the mouse-over on the damage rolled, when using STR (Two Hand) or STR (Off Hand), the mouse-over shows a formula that includes "1[undefined]". When using just plain STR as the modifier, the same formula would show 1[STR]. [3b] It is hard to tell where the formulas are coming from when many of the sections are listed as "undefined" - I have seen this in multiple places but unfortunately do not have a complete list. [4] When rolling a single damage roll, it is very unclear what is happening. The line says "Damage" but then shows two numbers separated by the damage symbol. It is quite unclear whether the number is supposed to be the damage or if you are to add both together, or what. Adding extra text in the display box to clarify this would be really nice. [5] In general, it would be nice to have better documentation. Some specific suggestions: (1) Add a link to the wiki page on the character sheet itself. The community sheet has a link at the bottom of their sheet to direct people to help, you can look at how they did that. (2) Mouse-over text (or possibly text in the sidebar or something you could expand on the sheet) explaining how to fill the sheet out. For instance, explaining what each field is for and where to look up what to enter would help people new to the system. (3) Bonus points if you are able to link back to the information guide, for instance having a link next to a rolled damage roll that brings up the page <a href="https://app.roll20.net/compendium/pathfinder/Rules:Damage" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/compendium/pathfinder/Rules:Damage</a> . This could be useful both in the section where you create attacks and in the rolled attack itself as the little linked "i" icon. [6] I really like the streamlined look, it is overall easier to see everything in one sheet. :) [7] Some other members of our group attempted to use the "Charactermancer" when setting up Pathfinder Society Games, but ran into some issues where things didn't quite fit (like being unable to change the starting gold), so ended up just quitting that. [8] It would be nice if there was a way to lock out the Charactermancer after sheet creation so that no one accidentally messes up their character - even if it is just a warning message when the Charactermancer sheet opens to let the person know that continuing will erase their sheet. Currently, the little warning message says "CANNOT BE UNDONE" but doesn't mention that it would probably erase everything you already did (this is my understanding, I may be mistaken on this). [9] Here is a suggestion for a way that you could use for handling Grit points, Panache, etc.: Create another tab that is a copy of the spells tab, where the things that use points can be put in, and you can use the "prepared" boxes to track the number of used points instead. You can have a separate list (similar to where "Metamagic" or "Spell-like" abilities are on the current spell sheet) for the things that would give additional points. One of the members in our group is using this system right now with the existing spells tab. [9a] Related: Right now, the best place I could find for "Channel Energy" was to put it in the "Spell-Like" section, even though it is not a spell-like ability, but a Supernatural Ability. That may just be a naming issue, if that is where those are supposed to actually go. [10] Another request for buffs - I know it is on your list. :) [11] The "Notes" field in Metamagic does not print to chat. Nor do the "Notes" field in the "Feats" and "Features and Traits" sections. But they do print in almost everything else. (I see an option to turn these off in the configuration tab). Is there a reason that the notes don't print on some sections? This just doesn't seem consistent. Also, some of our players were using those sections to put in witty repartee, so they're a little bummed they can't do it for their feats. :) [Last] Keep up the good work! :) edited to add: My apologies if anything above is not clear. I was trying to keep things short, but looking back at it, I'm not sure if I was clear enough on things. Feel free to ask for clarification if I was not clear.

Edited 1541605955
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hannah S. said: I've just spent quite a while looking through all the various wiki articles and reading everything on this thread. (Whew!) I have a few comments/questions/suggestions. Hi Hannah S. and thank you for your detailed feedback!&nbsp; &gt;&gt; [1] There is no clear explanation anywhere that says you need to put square brackets around certain items (@{...} types of things) when you are trying to add them to fields. Any “macro formula” in any text field that will be shown in a roll, but is not part of an explicit calculation (like “Effect” for a spell) &nbsp;will need doubled square brackets around. Because it will be evaluated/calculated only at roll time. Any text field that is part of an explicit calculation (like the mod field for attack or damage) don’t need doubled square brackets (but adding them anyway won’t hurt). Text fields that are not used in a roll won’t make use of a formula (doubled square brackets or not). This might change in the future. &gt;&gt; [1b] Some fields do not allow you to put in equations or calls - specifically this would be useful in the Spells and Spell-like abilties' "Per Day" and "DC" fields. Noted. This will be reviewed. To be perfectly clear, this kind of feature requires that every “static” stat on the sheet (= not resolved at roll time), with a dynamic formula, would be recalculated almost all the time when almost any stat is changed. And this can end up in bloat, lag or counter intuitive necessities like a button to be clicked for recalculation. That’s why we are always careful with these request, but do hear and study them. &gt;&gt; [2] Some items, such as the quarterstaff, do not fill in the fields properly for a drag-and-drop when creating an attack. The quarterstaff, for instance, calculates as 1d6 divided by 1d6, so as far as I can tell, the roll always seems to be 1. The field fills according to the Compendium data (which is “1d6/1d6” for the quaterstaff), but, generally, the sheet doesn’t force change these data (to let the player adjust as needed). Would you rather have just “1d6” set automatically? &gt;&gt; [3] When looking at the mouse-over on the damage rolled, when using STR (Two Hand) or STR (Off Hand), the mouse-over shows a formula that includes "1[undefined]". When using just plain STR as the modifier, the same formula would show 1[STR]. That’s a bug (the sheet worker, calculating the rolls, failed to find the correct word(s), accounting for potential translations, in these cases). &nbsp;This will be fixed. &gt;&gt; [3b] It is hard to tell where the formulas are coming from when many of the sections are listed as "undefined" - I have seen this in multiple places but unfortunately do not have a complete list. Beyond the Two-hand / Off-hand case from above, do you have other examples that could help pinpoint other specific problems, please? &gt;&gt; [4] When rolling a single damage roll, it is very unclear what is happening. The line says "Damage" but then shows two numbers separated by the damage symbol. It is quite unclear whether the number is supposed to be the damage or if you are to add both together, or what. When rolling damage only, both “normal” (framed in green below ,always on the left of the icon) and critical damage (framed in red below, always on the right of the icon) will be rolled. Note that hovering the icon between the two numbers will show "critical damage" . &gt;&gt; [5] In general, it would be nice to have better documentation. (...) Agreed. The recent discussions on the forum (among them, your excellent post ) highlighted the need for an updated and expanded documentation and FAQ (beyond the fact that the Wiki is a serious bit behind on the latest features). This will be addressed ASAP after the next big update(s). For the sake of the sheet/game’s load, the Wiki will probably be the main focus of this future documentation update. &gt;&gt; [6] I really like the streamlined look, it is overall easier to see everything in one sheet. :) That was one of the design goals, so thank you very much. &gt;&gt; [7] Some other members of our group attempted to use the "Charactermancer" when setting up Pathfinder Society Games, but ran into some issues where things didn't quite fit (like being unable to change the starting gold), so ended up just quitting that. As advertised, the Charactermancer applies the CRB rules for creating a level 1 character. While I’m sorry that it didn’t fit some of your group members needs, please note that everything that is set with the Charactermancer can still be changed afterwards, when the PC has been built. &gt;&gt; [8] It would be nice if there was a way to lock out the Charactermancer after sheet creation so that no one accidentally messes up their character (...) If the Charactermancer is re-launched from an existing character, nothing will be erased until “APPLY” is clicked again in the Charactermancer. Before that, at any point, you can click “Cancel” and then “Discard and Exit” to get back to the original character. &gt;&gt; [9] Here is a suggestion for a way that you could use for handling Grit points, Panache (...) Noted. But please remember that the sheet current support scope is the CRB. We do encourage to use every possibility of the sheet to adapt to other books, house rules etc., though. &gt;&gt; [9a] Related: Right now, the best place I could find for "Channel Energy" was to put it in the "Spell-Like" section, even though it is not a spell-like ability, but a Supernatural Ability. That may just be a naming issue, if that is where those are supposed to actually go. You are right. “Spell-like” should be named something like “Spell-like abilities and other Powers and special abilities” but that wouldn't fit the layout ;) This repeating section is aimed at handling all the “special feature” that won’t fit (or won’t fit as the player would like) in Traits. That said, as for the Witch Evil Eye example above, it’s more a question of personal taste than a hardcoded rule. As a general rule, and as said before, there’s no good or bad way to use the sheet but the one that suits the player’s needs. &gt;&gt; [10] Another request for buffs - I know it is on your list. :) Noted. Full disclosure, it’s in the works. Keep an eye on this post in the upcoming week(s) ;) &gt;&gt; [11] The "Notes" field in Metamagic does not print to chat. Nor do the "Notes" field in the "Feats" and "Features and Traits" sections. That’s a bug and will be fixed. &gt;&gt; [Last] Keep up the good work! :) Once again, thank you for your constructive and helping feedback :)
1) When using the API script ChatSetAttribute to add/remove a condition, or modify an ability, the sheet does not seem to update, until I manually make a change to the sheet. Would it be possible to add a feature that allowed us to force an update to the sheet, one that could be activated via a macro? 2) While talking about conditions (and upcomming buffs), would it be possible to allow us to link conditions to an icon? Say I link bleed to the red dot. If a characters token receives the red dot, then this would also activate the bleed condition, and remove it again when the red dot is removed from the token. Note, that I am not asking for icons to be added/removed when conditions are added/removed, only the other way around. 3) And finally, talking about bleed, would it be possible to change it from an on/off condition, to a variable condition like energy_drained?

Edited 1541688183
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Anders said: Hi Anders. &gt;&gt; 1) When using the API script ChatSetAttribute to add/remove a condition, or modify an ability, the sheet does not seem to update, until I manually make a change to the sheet. Would it be possible to add a feature that allowed us to force an update to the sheet, one that could be activated via a macro? Modyfing a condition or an ability with the API will have the required automatic effect, if the API script update triggers the relative "on(change:" sheet worker event in the sheet. I'm not very familiar with the details of using&nbsp;ChatSetAttribute, but I made a quick test and it was working. In your game, does the&nbsp; useWorkers option of&nbsp; ChatSetAttribute is "ON"?&nbsp; EDIT: I did more tests and everything is not functional. I'll be investigating. &gt;&gt; 2) While talking about conditions (and upcomming buffs), would it be possible to allow us to link conditions to an icon? Say I link bleed to the red dot. If a characters token receives the red dot, then this would also activate the bleed condition, and remove it again when the red dot is removed from the token. Note, that I am not asking for icons to be added/removed when conditions are added/removed, only the other way around. That would be possible with a specific API script, I suppose, but not with the sheet itself (at least not now with the available tools/framework). &gt;&gt; 3) And finally, talking about bleed, would it be possible to change it from an on/off condition, to a variable condition like energy_drained? This is noted and will be reviewed. And thanks for using the sheet and looking for improvements!

Edited 1541745462
I'm having trouble getting critical attacks on additional attacks to work. It doesn't seem to apply the critical modifier correctly. Is anyone else having these issues? when I have attack 2 and 3 toggled it seems to treat the modifier as the default 2 x instead of the number put in critical modifier field.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Perithion said: I'm having trouble getting critical attacks on additional attacks to work. It doesn't seem to apply the critical modifier correctly. Is anyone else having these issues? when I have attack 2 and 3 toggled it seems to treat the modifier as the default 2 x instead of the number put in critical modifier field. Hi Perithion and thanks for your feedback. While testing other things, I did encounter this problem, it's a bug, and a fix has been made to the sheet, that will be available in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Well yes, it's totally about that. How do you get the ability to toggle a query modifier at roll time for NPC ? Regards, Nick S. said: Natha said: Cabfire said: Hello everyone, Do you have any plans to permit to activate bonus textbox for roll like you do in the PC version of the sheet ? Problem is i need to turn the NPC sheet into a PC one to check the options i want (bonus textbox), and it reset the stats and skill of the creature. So, i don't really understand why it's possible on the PC version but NOT in the NPC version. Is there something i have miss ? Any plan on that ?&nbsp; (crosspost) Hi Cabfire. Can you be more specific about what you call "bonus textbox" on the PC sheet? Is it the "temp" or "misc" fields on the PC sheet? Or the ability to toggle a query modifier at roll time? If he's talking about the query rolltime mod thing I know that's something I'd like to see for NPCs. It'd be great if they have feats like Power Attack and other such things. Although I guess that's also why it's good for PCs lol. I'm also hoping that buffs will eventually be added so we'll be able to create a buff for things like Rage or Power Attack and just turn them on when we want them.
Hey there! Thanks for your hard work on the sheet! I seem to be having trouble importing compendium monsters. It works for some of them, but from what I can tell not for any monster that has special movement modes (I couldn't tell if that was the point of commonality, or if it was spell-like abilities, or both). It gets stuck on "Building NPC ..." but gives no helpful information. Thanks again!
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Cabfire said: Well yes, it's totally about that. How do you get the ability to toggle a query modifier at roll time for NPC ? Hi Cabfire, and thanks for your feedback. There is no way, currently, to toggled query modifiers for NPC rolls.&nbsp; But your request (and Nick's) has been noted and will be reviewd.

Edited 1541871037
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Frankto said: Hey there! Thanks for your hard work on the sheet! I seem to be having trouble importing compendium monsters. It works for some of them, but from what I can tell not for any monster that has special movement modes (I couldn't tell if that was the point of commonality, or if it was spell-like abilities, or both). It gets stuck on "Building NPC ..." but gives no helpful information. Thanks again! Thanks for your feedback, Frankto, and sorry for the invoncience.&nbsp; It comes from feats or spells not found in the Compendium (and the building sheet worker gets stuck). This behaviour has already been&nbsp; men tioned &nbsp;for some monsters in another thread and is fixed in the next update of the sheet. But to ensure this is the problem you've encountered, would you be able to give us the name of the problematic monsters you used, please?
Wondeful Natha,&nbsp; Natha said: Cabfire said: Well yes, it's totally about that. How do you get the ability to toggle a query modifier at roll time for NPC ? Hi Cabfire, and thanks for your feedback. There is no way, currently, to toggled query modifiers for NPC rolls.&nbsp; But your request (and Nick's) has been noted and will be reviewd.

Edited 1542193002
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pathfinder by Roll20: v1.20 Release notes New version is out and live! General (PC &amp; NPC) Bug fix: Charactermancer and NPCs built should not freeze anymore when trying to add Feats and/or Spells that are not found in the Compendium. Damage lower than 1 (zero or negative) now show 1 non lethal damage in roll templates Switching between PC and NPC on the same character now resets&nbsp; the character properly and completely, so unpredictable behaviour doesn’t occur on the NPC while modifying stats. PC sheet Bug fix: modifying a stat through the API (for example by using ChatSetAtt) should now properly trigger the necessary calculation(s) on the sheet. Bug fix: hovering attack or damage rolls in the roll template should show the proper names for all chosen stats, including “STR (Two-handed”, “STR (Off-hand)” etc.&nbsp; + hovering extra attacks and damage should give more detail in this version. Bug fix: critical damage in extra attacks are now properly rolled New feature: "Feats, Traits" option in the Configuration tab/rolls, to show notes in Feats, Traits and Metamagic feats "rolls". &nbsp; New feature: new Global Attack and Damage temporary modifier attributes. Numbered input will be added to all attack and damage rolls, including spells. Performance improvement on new character initialization and reset (when switching from NPC to PC). Some layout adjustments (options sections, skill ACP icon position …) New feature: Buffs: See this post for details.

Edited 1543339495
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Buffs (edited v1.21) Buffs, in the Pathfinder by Roll20 sheet, are meant to ease adding/removing numerical values to all the “temp” modifiers on the sheet. A new repeating section for buffs has been added to the sheet, below Conditions: Click anywhere in the zone to open the sub window, where you can set/activate Conditions and Buffs: Close&nbsp; will close the sub window (alternatively, you may click again anywhere in the Conditions/Buffs zone below).&nbsp; Clear all&nbsp; will uncheck (deactivate) all activated Conditions and Buffs. Clear Conditions &nbsp;will uncheck (deactivate) activated Conditions only. Clear Buffs &nbsp;will uncheck (deactivate) activated Buffs only. Adding a buff To create (add) a Buff, click the “+” button. Enter a name, and modifiers (see “Buffable Stats” and “How to enter modifiers” below, for details). Click the cog wheel to close the option subsection. You can modify the Buff afterwards, changing its name and/or modifiers, at will. Recommandation: uncheck/deactivate a Buff before modifying its modifiers. The Buff has to be checked to be applied on the sheet. See the GIF below for a simple example of the effect of a Shield spell: Buffable Stats Stats which can receive a buff are listed below. Buffs using attributes (or aliases) not listed will be ignored. Format of the list: Category Stat : sheet attribute (case insensitive aliases) Abilities Strength: strength_bonus (strength, STR) Dexterity: dexterity_bonus (dexterity, DEX) Constitution: constitution_bonus (constitution, CON) Intelligence: intelligence_bonus (intelligence, INT) Wisdom: wisdom_bonus (wisdom, WIS) Charisma: charisma_bonus (charisma, CHA) Hit Points Hit Points: hp_bonus (HP, hit points) Temporary Hits Points: hp_temp (Temp HP, temp hits points, temporary HP, temporary hit points) Initiative Initiative: initiative_bonus (initiative, INIT) Saves Fortitude: fortitude_bonus (fortitude, fort, saves, saving throws) Reflex: reflex_bonus (reflex, ref, saves, saving throws) Will: will_bonus (will, saves, saving throws) Offense Melee: melee_bonus (melee) Ranged: ranged_bonus (ranged) CMB: cmb_bonus (CMB) Global Attack Mod.: attack_bonus (attack, attacks) Global Damage Mod.: damage_bonus (damage) Speed &amp; Encumbrance (base land) Speed: speed_bonus (speed) Climb speed: speed_climb_bonus (speed climb, climb speed) Swim speed: speed_swim_bonus (speed swim, swim speed) Strength bonus to Carry Capacity: encumbrance_load_bonus (encumbrance) Skills Acrobatics: acrobatics_bonus (acrobatics, skill, skills) Appraise: appraise_bonus (appraise, skill, skills) Bluff bluff_bonus (bluff, skill, skills) Climb: climb_bonus (climb, skill, skills) Craft: craft_bonus (craft, skill, skills) Diplomacy: diplomacy_bonus (diplomacy, skill, skills) Disable device: disable_device_bonus (disable device, skill, skills) Disguise: disguise_bonus (disguise, skill, skills) Escape artist: escape_artist_bonus (escape artist, skill, skills) Fly: fly_bonus (fly, skill, skills) Handle animal: handle_animal_bonus (handle animal, skill, skills) Heal: heal_bonus (heal, skill, skills) Intimidate: intimidate_bonus (intimidate, skill, skills) Knowledge (Arcana): knowledge_arcana_bonus (knowledge (arcana), knowledge arcana, arcana, knowledge, skill, skills) Knowledge (Dungeoneering): knowledge_dungeoneering_bonus (knowledge (dungeoneering), knowledge dungeoneering, dungeoneering, knowledge, skill, skills) Knowledge (Engineering): knowledge_engineering_bonus (knowledge (engineering), knowledge engineering, engineering, knowledge, skill, skills) Knowledge (Geography): knowledge_geography_bonus (knowledge (geography), knowledge geography, geography, knowledge, skill, skills) Knowledge (History): knowledge_history_bonus (knowledge (history), knowledge history, history, knowledge, skill, skills) Knowledge (Local): knowledge_local_bonus (knowledge (local), knowledge local, local, knowledge, skill, skills) Knowledge (Nature): knowledge_nature_bonus (knowledge (nature), knowledge nature, nature, knowledge, skill, skills) Knowledge (Nobility): knowledge_nobility_bonus (knowledge (nobility), knowledge nobility, nobility, knowledge, skill, skills) Knowledge (Planes): knowledge_planes_bonus (knowledge (planes), knowledge planes, planes, knowledge, skill, skills) Knowledge (Religion): knowledge_religion_bonus (knowledge (religion), knowledge religion, religion, knowledge, skill, skills) Linguistics: linguistics_bonus (linguistics, skill, skills) Perception: perception_bonus (perception, skill, skills) Perform: perform_bonus (perform, skill, skills) Profession: profession_bonus (profession, skill, skills) Ride: ride_bonus (ride, skill, skills) Sense motive: sense_motive_bonus (sense motive, skill, skills) Sleight of Hand: sleight_of_hand_bonus (sleight of hand, skill, skills) Spellcraft: spellcraft_bonus (spellcraft, skill, skills) Stealth: stealth_bonus (stealth, skill, skills) Survival: survival_bonus (survival, skill, skills) Swim: swim_bonus (swim, skill, skills) Use Magic Device: use_magic_device_bonus (use magic device, skill, skills) Spellcasting Caster 1 Concentration: caster1_concentration_bonus (concentration) Caster 2 Concentration: caster2_concentration_bonus (concentration) Caster 1 DC for level 0 spells: caster1_dcbonus_level_0 (DC) Caster 1 DC for level 1 spells: caster1_dcbonus_level_1 (DC) Caster 1 DC for level 2 spells: caster1_dcbonus_level_2 (DC) Caster 1 DC for level 3 spells: caster1_dcbonus_level_3 (DC) Caster 1 DC for level 4 spells: caster1_dcbonus_level_4 (DC) Caster 1 DC for level 5 spells: caster1_dcbonus_level_5 (DC) Caster 1 DC for level 6 spells: caster1_dcbonus_level_6 (DC) Caster 1 DC for level 7 spells: caster1_dcbonus_level_7 (DC) Caster 1 DC for level 8 spells: caster1_dcbonus_level_8 (DC) Caster 1 DC for level 9 spells: caster1_dcbonus_level_9 (DC) Caster 2 DC for level 0 spells: caster2_dcbonus_level_0 (DC) Caster 2 DC for level 1 spells: caster2_dcbonus_level_1 (DC) Caster 2 DC for level 2 spells: caster2_dcbonus_level_2 (DC) Caster 2 DC for level 3 spells: caster2_dcbonus_level_3 (DC) Caster 2 DC for level 4 spells: caster2_dcbonus_level_4 (DC) Caster 2 DC for level 5 spells: caster2_dcbonus_level_5 (DC) Caster 2 DC for level 6 spells: caster2_dcbonus_level_6 (DC) Caster 2 DC for level 7 spells: caster2_dcbonus_level_7 (DC) Caster 2 DC for level 8 spells: caster2_dcbonus_level_8 (DC) Caster 2 DC for level 9 spells: caster2_dcbonus_level_9 (DC) Notes: "saves" or "saving throws" will affect Fortitude, Reflex and Will. Buff to “Ranged” will potentially affect Ranged and Ranged Touch attack spells (if applicable), Global Attack &amp; Damage Modifier will affect all Weapons/Attacks, and Spells (if applicable), "skill" or "skills" will affect all skills, "craft", "perform", "profession" and "custom" will also affect the relative repeating section, "knowledge" will affect all knowledge skills (including custom ones in the repeating section), "concentration" will affect both spellcaster class concentration modifier,&nbsp; "DC" will affect spell DC’s for all spells of all casters. How to enter modifiers Enter each modifier of a buff in the form of a phrase structured as this:&nbsp; +/-[value or formula] [optional type] to [stat] If the word “to” is omitted, the modifier will be ignored. A bonus should begin with “+” and a penalty with “-”. [value or formula] &nbsp;is either a numeric value (like “4” for “+4 to shield”) or a “macro formula” (like “(2*@{class1_level})”). A formula will accept the classic operation operators (“+”,”-”,”*” and “/”), parenthesis, math functions like CEIL, FLOOR, ABS, ROUND, MIN and MAX, and most numeric attributes of the sheet (like “strength_mod” or “melee_mod” etc.). Text attributes (like “@{class}”) or dice expressions won’t work. [optional type] &nbsp;can be omitted. If entered, it should be a word (like “enhancement” or “Circumstance”). Casing doesn’t matter. Modifiers without type will be automatically typed as “untyped”, in the internal calculation. The type determines how stacking is handled (see “Buff type(s) and stacking” for more details). [stat] &nbsp;must be a buffable attribute (see above) or one of the aliases. If the entered stat is not recognized as one of the buffable stat, the modifier will be ignored (but the Buff will still be valid and used, if other correct modifiers are present. See below about multiple modifiers in a single Buff). You may enter multiple modifiers in a single Buff. Either by entering one line per modifier, or separating them by a single semicolon (“;”). For example, “Rage” buff with&nbsp; semicolons “Rage” buff with one modifier per line: Buff type(s) and stacking The sheet will enforce the “non stacking” rule for typed bonuses (except “Dodge”, “Circumstance” and “untyped”), meaning that if multiple Buffs add modifiers to the same stat with the same type, only the best (higher) one will be kept and applied. For example: between “+2 Enhancement to Strength” and “+4 Enhancement to Strength”, only +4 will be applied (not +6). But, if there is also a “+1 Alchemical to Strength”, the total bonus applied to Strength will be +5, adding (“stacking”) the different types of bonuses (+1 Alchemical and +4 Enhancement). As said, “Dodge”, “Circumstance” and “Untyped” typed bonuses will always stack. Penalties (negative modifiers) Negative (below zero) modifiers will be treated the same way as bonuses (positive modifiers). So, if the type stacks (Dodge, Circumstance or Untyped), they will be subtracted from the final final value. If the type doesn’t stack, and a bonus (positive modifier) with the same type and same stat is applied, it will supersede the penalty (positive being “higher”/the max for this type/stat). To ensure that a penalty is applied, use a stacking type (“Circumstance” or “Untyped”). AC Buffs special cases As the Pathfinder by Roll20 sheet already handles AC items with their respective bonuses to Armor, Shield, Dodge, Natural and Deflection, the sheet will account for: the maximum (higher) bonus from either AC Items or Buffs to Armor (2), Shield (3), Natural (4) and Deflection (5) the sum (total) of Dodge bonus (1) from AC Items and Buffs (as Dodge Bonuses are stacking). You may add “untyped” or other type of bonus directly to AC (6), for example “+2 Alchemical to AC”, but note that any modifier typed as “Dodge”, ”Armor”, ”Shield”, “Natural” or “Deflection” to raw AC, will be treated as a modifier to the relative AC part. For example, a modifier typed as “+2 shield to AC” will be treated as “+2 untyped to shield”. Mixing Buffs and manually entered “Temp” stats If a temp stat is not used in any Buff (or if you don’t use Buffs at all obviously), you can still input and modify manually the Temp attributes. Otherwise, even if the Buff using the stat is not activated, modifying or activating any Buff will set the Temp attribute, eventually to zero. The only exception is Temp HP (Temprary Hit Points): any Buff to Temp HP will only be applied if the Buffed value is greater than the current value. When to not use a Buff When using a buff, remember that the goal is to provide a temporary bonus to add to a stat on the sheet, and the said stat might be used to calculate another stat. Using too many buffs might slow down the sheet (hence the game), and/or ending in unattended results, mixing too many interacting stats (and not in the correct order, if using formulas, see below). So, permanent or semi-permanent bonuses given by feats, or items, or traits and class/race features should be entered&nbsp; either in the AC Items repeating section (for armors, shields and other magic items giving protection bonuses), Weapons/Attacks repeating section, or the various Misc modifiers &amp; Notes for the “permanent” bonuses given by feats and other magic items. For example: Order of applying (checking) Buffs with formula(s) Order in which you apply Buffs to the character may have an impact on the various stats, when using macro formulas. This is because all final buffs values to temp attributes are calculated before applying them to the relative stats (for internal and performance reasons). For example, applying a Buff to Climb with a formula using “strength_mod” (for example “+(2*@{strength_mod}) to climb”), before applying a buff to Strength (like “+2 to strength”) will take in account the value of strength_mod to Climb before recaluating strength_mod with the buff to Strength.&nbsp; In this case, first apply the buff to Strength, then the Buff to climb.
This is a major buff to the sheet, and the fix for calculating after API changes to the sheet is super nice. Can't wait to use it. The party has just started to use multiple buffs, and this should make it so much easier to run. Are buffs shared between sheets, or must I create a copy for each?

Edited 1542139833
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Anders said: This is a major buff to the sheet, and the fix for calculating after API changes to the sheet is super nice. Can't wait to use it. The party has just started to use multiple buffs, and this should make it so much easier to run. Are buffs shared between sheets, or must I create a copy for each? A copy for each I'm afraid. Every buff is an item in a repeating section (as Weapons, Spells, Feats etc.) , so specific to each character. Thanks for your comments :)
A followup now that I have played a bit with it. Is there anyway I can check if a buff is on via chat (or set/clear it via API). For testing I have created MageArmor as a buff, +4 armor to ac. Works nicely. With&nbsp;@{selected|repeating_buff_$0_name} I get "MageArmor" and with&nbsp;@{selected|repeating_buff_$0_mods} I get "+4 armor to ac". I am trying to get a 0, or 1 return dependent on its state, in the same way as I can for conditions. Is it possible? And is it possible to get the real ID of the buff?
I like that buffs are added, but I have an accessibility issue with the available conditions that you can toggle on or off. I'm not sure if this was the case in the previous version of the sheet, but the type of clickable element that you have to use to toggle the condition is not verry accessible with screen readers for blind users as the screen reader cannot identify whether the buff is toggled on or off. Most of this sheet uses checkboxes for things like showing additional notes or options, but the conditions seem to be the exception. Is it possible to change this? As it stands right now, I'm basically stuck turning a condition on and clicking the clear conditions button when it's gone so I can be sure it toggles off, which could be a pain if I have multiple conditions on.
Why do u make it so complicated?&nbsp; I do like the clean style, but who the hell wants learn the syntax to use a pathfinder sheet?I would highly appreciate clickable modifiers with simple "2" or "-2" editing.&nbsp;

Edited 1542145819
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Anders said: A followup now that I have played a bit with it. Is there anyway I can check if a buff is on via chat (or set/clear it via API). For testing I have created MageArmor as a buff, +4 armor to ac. Works nicely. With&nbsp;@{selected|repeating_buff_$0_name} I get "MageArmor" and with&nbsp;@{selected|repeating_buff_$0_mods} I get "+4 armor to ac". I am trying to get a 0, or 1 return dependent on its state, in the same way as I can for conditions. Is it possible? And is it possible to get the real ID of the buff? I just realized that the title, when hovering the clickable name, is wrong, sorry. This will be fixed in the next update. The attributes that acticates/deactivates the buff is "toggle" (for example "repeating_buff_$0_toggle"). This will give the activation state of the buff (0 or 1). And you can set it with the API. As for he ID, noted, I'll see what can be done to give easy access to it. Thanks again for you feedback!

Edited 1542143163
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kev K. said: Why do u make it so complicated?&nbsp; I do like the clean style, but who the hell wants learn the syntax to use a pathfinder sheet?I would highly appreciate clickable modifiers with simple "2" or "-2" editing.&nbsp; Hi Kev K. and thanks for your feedback. To be honest, I get your point, but using clickable checkboxes and/or dropdown lists would be difficult to handle visually (and would risk cluttering the sheet) as the number of buffable stats is high (and could be higher in the future), as are the various types (that may be houseruled or coming from third party books etc.). Plus, it would be less flexible to use as it would require a fixed maximum number of modifiers per buff (as technically, it's not possible to add repeating sections inside repeating sections in Roll20 sheets).&nbsp; The basic synthax is pretty straightforward, with the handled aliases and straight numbers as bonuses: "+3 to strength" (that you could also write as "+3 to STR"), "-2 to AC" etc. Feel free to ask if you need help about writing some modifiers, I'll be happy to help.&nbsp;

Edited 1542143749
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nick S. said: I like that buffs are added, but I have an accessibility issue with the available conditions that you can toggle on or off. I'm not sure if this was the case in the previous version of the sheet, but the type of clickable element that you have to use to toggle the condition is not verry accessible with screen readers for blind users as the screen reader cannot identify whether the buff is toggled on or off. Most of this sheet uses checkboxes for things like showing additional notes or options, but the conditions seem to be the exception. Is it possible to change this? As it stands right now, I'm basically stuck turning a condition on and clicking the clear conditions button when it's gone so I can be sure it toggles off, which could be a pain if I have multiple conditions on. Hi Nick S. and thanks again for your important feedback. Accessibility is a concern and I'm very sorry that conditions are harder&nbsp;&nbsp;to use than before. To be perfectly clear, the HTML element around each condition has been changed to &lt;label&gt; to ease the clicking (as you can click anywhere on the pseudo-checkbox or the name of the condition, instead of really aiming at the checkbox). This will be investigated to find a better common ground. EDIT: I think I found the source of the problem (need to use opacity setting instead of display setting). Next update should be adressing this problem.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Natha said: Buffs Buffs, in the Pathfinder by Roll20 sheet, are meant to ease adding/removing numerical values to all the “temp” modifiers on the sheet. A new repeating section for buffs has been added to the sheet, below Conditions: Great addition Natha.
Hi Natha, great work on the sheet so far! I had a couple of questions with the new buff system, and although they are specific to my character, they are pretty general, and something players may come across using the new system. 1) In making a "smite evil" buff for my paladin, everything works great. I can add his bonus to attack and AC and they work as intended, but the damage is giving me some trouble.&nbsp; My current weapon has the flaming burst property, so in your sheet, I have the Damage set for the weapon as normal, and Damage2 set for the fire damage roll.&nbsp; When using the smite evil buff, the bonus damage is also being applied to my Damage2.&nbsp; I tried using the (+# to slashing_damage) modifier in the buff, but it doesn't seem to have an effect.&nbsp; What do you suggest I do? 2)Is there an option to add a 3rd damage to a weapon? I have been using Divine Bond with the Holy enchantment, which adds 2d6 Holy damage to the weapon, as an additional attack in the weapon's configuration, but would love to add it as a buff instead.&nbsp; However, it seems dice rolls don't work for the buff area (as you mentioned in your informational post).&nbsp; If a standard dice roll syntax doesn't work, do you have an alternative? Great work on this, myself and my group use your character sheet every Sunday night to great effect!

Edited 1542203747
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vince said: Great addition Natha. Thanks a lot, Vince. But this is a team effort, including other members of Roll20's "sheet team", and the players for their feedback. With a special thanks to Scott C. and bits of his code and design from the Official/by Roll20 Starfinder and PF Playtest sheets.

Edited 1542204991
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
dumpydin said: Hi Natha, great work on the sheet so far! I had a couple of questions with the new buff system, and although they are specific to my character, they are pretty general, and something players may come across using the new system. 1) In making a "smite evil" buff for my paladin, everything works great. I can add his bonus to attack and AC and they work as intended, but the damage is giving me some trouble.&nbsp; My current weapon has the flaming burst property, so in your sheet, I have the Damage set for the weapon as normal, and Damage2 set for the fire damage roll.&nbsp; When using the smite evil buff, the bonus damage is also being applied to my Damage2.&nbsp; I tried using the (+# to slashing_damage) modifier in the buff, but it doesn't seem to have an effect.&nbsp; What do you suggest I do? 2)Is there an option to add a 3rd damage to a weapon? I have been using Divine Bond with the Holy enchantment, which adds 2d6 Holy damage to the weapon, as an additional attack in the weapon's configuration, but would love to add it as a buff instead.&nbsp; However, it seems dice rolls don't work for the buff area (as you mentioned in your informational post).&nbsp; If a standard dice roll syntax doesn't work, do you have an alternative? Great work on this, myself and my group use your character sheet every Sunday night to great effect! Hi&nbsp;dumpydin and thanks for your feedback :) Always nice to know that the sheet is steadily used. &gt;&gt; "Smite Evil" . I'm sorry to say that, for now, I don't see any applicable solution with the current state of Buffs. But your request makes sense. It has been noted and it will be studied. &gt;&gt; Divine bond Imho, your solution is the best as far as buff can go, for now. That said, request noted also.
Natha said: dumpydin said: Hi Natha, great work on the sheet so far! I had a couple of questions with the new buff system, and although they are specific to my character, they are pretty general, and something players may come across using the new system. 1) In making a "smite evil" buff for my paladin, everything works great. I can add his bonus to attack and AC and they work as intended, but the damage is giving me some trouble.&nbsp; My current weapon has the flaming burst property, so in your sheet, I have the Damage set for the weapon as normal, and Damage2 set for the fire damage roll.&nbsp; When using the smite evil buff, the bonus damage is also being applied to my Damage2.&nbsp; I tried using the (+# to slashing_damage) modifier in the buff, but it doesn't seem to have an effect.&nbsp; What do you suggest I do? 2)Is there an option to add a 3rd damage to a weapon? I have been using Divine Bond with the Holy enchantment, which adds 2d6 Holy damage to the weapon, as an additional attack in the weapon's configuration, but would love to add it as a buff instead.&nbsp; However, it seems dice rolls don't work for the buff area (as you mentioned in your informational post).&nbsp; If a standard dice roll syntax doesn't work, do you have an alternative? Great work on this, myself and my group use your character sheet every Sunday night to great effect! Hi&nbsp;dumpydin and thanks for your feedback :) Always nice to know that the sheet is steadily used. &gt;&gt; "Smite Evil" . I'm sorry to say that, for now, I don't see any applicable solution with the current state of Buffs. But your request makes sense. It has been noted and it will be studied. &gt;&gt; Divine bond Imho, your solution is the best as far as buff can go, for now. That said, request noted also. I also would like to see dice roles added to buffs as well if possible. For example, with the Holy enchantment it would be great to be able to add a role query with the sintax +?{Holy|no,0|yes,2d6} to damage or something similar. Either that or a way to add additional damage roles to a weapon if you need them since that holy damage wouldn't multiply on a crit. In my Mummy's Mask campaign I'm currently playing a Brawler that has an Amulet of Mighty Fists with the Flaming, Holy and Undead Bane enchantments, but since they are three completely different things I currently have the Flaming die as part of my Unarmed Strike attack entry and holy and undead bane as their own entries. As weird as this sounds, is it possible to have a repeating section inside of a repeating section? Maybe that's crazy talk.
Hi, couple more quick buff questions. First, I'd like to code a buff for Power Attack that I won't have to manually update. I'd need to know how to reference the base attack bonus on the sheet, and I'd also need to figure out how to put in a formula that would calculate 1/4 of my base attack bonus rounded down, minimum 0. For example, mathematically, the attack role for power attack is -(1+(1/4*BAB)) because when your BAB hits 4 the penalty increases by 1 and it increases again by every +4 thereafter. The damage bonus scales identically.. Second, I noticed that you can buff melee and ranged attacks separately, but I don't think you can do the same with melee or ranged damage. This is situational for sure, but certain things such as power attack only apply to one or the other. Third, do the buffs to your ability scores just apply to the modifier, or do they apply to the score? For instance, you can reference strength with the sintax strength_bonus, strength, or str. Strength_bonus implies to me that you're buffing the strength modifier, but strength and str imply that they're buffing the strength score. I would assume that they're buffing the score because that's what makes sense to me, but I figured I'd ask for clarification.

Edited 1542229657
Nick S. said: First, I'd like to code a buff for Power Attack that I won't have to manually update. I've looked into this myself and it seems that a Power Attack will only work in simple cases. Consider a buff set up like like this: -1-floor(@{bab}/4) to Melee, +2+2*floor(@{bab}/4) to Damage At least you'd get auto-calculation for the values correctly. Also the to-hit is properly limited to melee only. Only damage is applied to all damage. So there are some restrictions here: You can't use attacks that do ranged damage, or else the power-attack damage is erroneously added You can't use spells or spell-like effects that do damage, same reason You can't use attacks that have multiple damage sources, or else the power-attack damage is added to each one of them The buff does not take the increased 2H damage bonus into account At least, this is as far as I got.
Nick S. said: Hi, couple more quick buff questions. First, I'd like to code a buff for Power Attack that I won't have to manually update. I'd need to know how to reference the base attack bonus on the sheet, and I'd also need to figure out how to put in a formula that would calculate 1/4 of my base attack bonus rounded down, minimum 0. For example, mathematically, the attack role for power attack is -(1+(1/4*BAB)) because when your BAB hits 4 the penalty increases by 1 and it increases again by every +4 thereafter. The damage bonus scales identically.. Second, I noticed that you can buff melee and ranged attacks separately, but I don't think you can do the same with melee or ranged damage. This is situational for sure, but certain things such as power attack only apply to one or the other. Third, do the buffs to your ability scores just apply to the modifier, or do they apply to the score? For instance, you can reference strength with the sintax strength_bonus, strength, or str. Strength_bonus implies to me that you're buffing the strength modifier, but strength and str imply that they're buffing the strength score. I would assume that they're buffing the score because that's what makes sense to me, but I figured I'd ask for clarification. For the player using power-attack in our campaign, I have added the following to the individual attacks' damage calculation:&nbsp;[[?{Power Attack|Yes,1|No,0}*(1+floor(@{selected|bab}/4))*3]][power attack] (its a two-handed attack), and&nbsp;-[[?{Power Attack|Yes,1|No,0}*(1+floor(@{selected|bab}/4))]][power attack] to its attack calculation. You could also create an attribute to handle power attack, and then add @{powerattack} instead. This makes sense in our campaign, as power attack is rarely "on, or off" for multiple turns in a row, but rather he makes the choice each round, dependent on the target(s) within reach. This would be to much of a hassle using a buff - at least for us. Finally, there is also the option we use for "Enlarged" damage, where we use damage2 as an alternate state (as opposed to additional damage), only to be read if the character is enlarged. This could also be used for power attack, or attacks empowered by class features or magic.

Edited 1542275708
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I do agree with Anders here, as, imho, Buffs (in their current sate) are not fit for Power Attack, and several options are available for handling it, depending on how often you use the game option, as suggested in this post . That said, more options to attack/damage in Buffs are studied, and, as usual, do use the sheet how it fits your playing style :)

Edited 1542286204
Just a minor tip for pro users, regarding buffs. You can use the API SetChatAttr to create buffs for multiple characters at once. The following command will create a new buff for all characters linked to the selected tokens: !setattr --sel --repeating_buff_-CREATE_name|?{Name|Bulls Strength} --repeating_buff_-CREATE_mods|?{Modifiers|+4 enchantment to strength} --repeating_buff_-CREATE_toggle|?{Set|No,0|Yes,1} Edit the query sections to create commands for specific buffs, and save them as a macro to easily add commonly used buffs to new characters. The last section (the one with the toggle) can be omitted. This defaults the buff to be off when created.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Anders said: Just a minor tip for pro users, regarding buffs. You can use the API SetChatAttr to create buffs for multiple characters at once. The following command will create a new buff for all characters linked to the selected tokens: !setattr --sel --repeating_buff_-CREATE_name|?{Name|Bulls Strength} --repeating_buff_-CREATE_mods|?{Modifiers|+4 enchantment to strength} --repeating_buff_-CREATE_toggle|?{Set|No,0|Yes,1} Edit the query sections to create commands for specific buffs, and save them as a macro to easily add commonly used buffs to new characters. The last section (the one with the toggle) can be omitted. This defaults the buff to be off when created. Cool tip. Thanks Anders!
Anders said: For the player using power-attack in our campaign, I have added the following to the individual attacks' damage calculation:&nbsp;[[?{Power Attack|Yes,1|No,0}*(1+floor(@{selected|bab}/4))*3]][power attack] (its a two-handed attack), and&nbsp;-[[?{Power Attack|Yes,1|No,0}*(1+floor(@{selected|bab}/4))]][power attack] to its attack calculation. You could also create an attribute to handle power attack, and then add @{powerattack} instead. This makes sense in our campaign, as power attack is rarely "on, or off" for multiple turns in a row, but rather he makes the choice each round, dependent on the target(s) within reach. This would be to much of a hassle using a buff - at least for us. Finally, there is also the option we use for "Enlarged" damage, where we use damage2 as an alternate state (as opposed to additional damage), only to be read if the character is enlarged. This could also be used for power attack, or attacks empowered by class features or magic. What fields on the sheet do you put these power attack mods in if you're not using buffs? Do you just use the additional attack and damage mods for each repeating weapon, because if so where would I put stuff like weapon enhancement bonuses or weapon focus?
Nick S. said: Anders said: For the player using power-attack in our campaign, I have added the following to the individual attacks' damage calculation:&nbsp;[[?{Power Attack|Yes,1|No,0}*(1+floor(@{selected|bab}/4))*3]][power attack] (its a two-handed attack), and&nbsp;-[[?{Power Attack|Yes,1|No,0}*(1+floor(@{selected|bab}/4))]][power attack] to its attack calculation. You could also create an attribute to handle power attack, and then add @{powerattack} instead. This makes sense in our campaign, as power attack is rarely "on, or off" for multiple turns in a row, but rather he makes the choice each round, dependent on the target(s) within reach. This would be to much of a hassle using a buff - at least for us. Finally, there is also the option we use for "Enlarged" damage, where we use damage2 as an alternate state (as opposed to additional damage), only to be read if the character is enlarged. This could also be used for power attack, or attacks empowered by class features or magic. What fields on the sheet do you put these power attack mods in if you're not using buffs? Do you just use the additional attack and damage mods for each repeating weapon, because if so where would I put stuff like weapon enhancement bonuses or weapon focus? I use the repeating_attacks_$ID_atkmod and repeating_attacks_$ID_dmgmod boxes of the individual attacks. An example of the falchion weilding rouges Attack:&nbsp;1[weapon focus]-[[?{Power Attack|Yes,1|No,0}*(1+floor(@{selected|bab}/4))]][power attack] Damage:&nbsp;[[?{Power Attack|Yes,1|No,0}*(1+floor(@{selected|bab}/4))*3]][power attack] If the weapon got a +2 enchantment bonus, I would simply add +2[enchantment] at the end of both lines. I refrain from using the base boxes for anything other than the dice, as it tends to spill out of the box when the attack is collapsed. NB: Perhaps I could even do away with the "selected" part when looking for bab.
What does adding [Weapon Focus] or [Power Attack] at the end do?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Those are roll tags Nick, they allow you to label numbers in the hover text of an inline roll to make it easier to tell what a given number or calculation in a roll is from.
Oh I got you. That makes sense.

Edited 1542327676
How can I make a progression for my Slayer's sneak attack dice that scales with his level? I thought maybe floor(@{bab}/3)d6, since his level equals his bab but it doesn't work. Update: Slayers get sneak attack dice equal to 1/3 of their level, minimum 0. The get it at level 3.

Edited 1542328268
You need brackets to resolve the math before it can roll the dice; try [[floor(@{bab}/3)]]d6 instead.
Worked perfectly. Thanks.
Ok... so... I've been trying to figure this hour for a couple hours now... I've got a buff that gives me a +1 Luck bonus to AC &amp; Saves that increases by +1 at Lv7 and every 4 levels after... but I can't figure out how to set up the formula...
Chell said: Ok... so... I've been trying to figure this hour for a couple hours now... I've got a buff that gives me a +1 Luck bonus to AC &amp; Saves that increases by +1 at Lv7 and every 4 levels after... but I can't figure out how to set up the formula... I only have a few minutes, so I have not done any testing as a buff, but it works via chat: [[{floor((@{selected|class1_level}-3)/4),0}kh1]] just remove the "selected|" part before using it in a sheet. This will give 1 at level 7, and increase it by one every level after that. If it should be 2 at level 7, just add 1+ after the first "[[".
Hey, so I'm trying to role tag some stuff in the attack mod box for my Rogue's masterwork kukri. I typed in [[1]][Focus]+[[1]][MWK], but the attackbonus by the full attack role stays at +6. It should go up to +8. Do these bonuses just not get factored in until I click the role?
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nick S. said: Hey, so I'm trying to role tag some stuff in the attack mod box for my Rogue's masterwork kukri. I typed in [[1]][Focus]+[[1]][MWK], but the attackbonus by the full attack role stays at +6. It should go up to +8. Do these bonuses just not get factored in until I click the role? In its current state, the sheet does not include "macro formulas" in the diplayed calculated bonus. The effect of dynamic calculation (even if you put fixed bonuses, but surrounded by double brackets) will not be seen until roll time, as you noticed. Note that his might change in a future update.
Anders said: Chell said: Ok... so... I've been trying to figure this hour for a couple hours now... I've got a buff that gives me a +1 Luck bonus to AC &amp; Saves that increases by +1 at Lv7 and every 4 levels after... but I can't figure out how to set up the formula... I only have a few minutes, so I have not done any testing as a buff, but it works via chat: [[{floor((@{selected|class1_level}-3)/4),0}kh1]] just remove the "selected|" part before using it in a sheet. This will give 1 at level 7, and increase it by one every level after that. If it should be 2 at level 7, just add 1+ after the first "[[". the buffs section doesn't seem to accept special rolls such as kh1... so that syntax won't work

Edited 1542570709
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Chell said: I only have a few minutes, so I have not done any testing as a buff, but it works via chat: [[{floor((@{selected|class1_level}-3)/4),0}kh1]] just remove the "selected|" part before using it in a sheet. This will give 1 at level 7, and increase it by one every level after that. If it should be 2 at level 7, just add 1+ after the first "[[". the buffs section doesn't seem to accept special rolls such as kh1... so that syntax won't work You're right Chell, no dice synthax would work. But your question triggered an upcoming change :) In the next version of the sheet, you shoud be able to use MAX() or MIN() functions (maybe at the cost of not beeing able to separate modifiers in a buff by commas anymore, but with semicolons instead ... it still needs a little refinement). But something like this should be possible in the future: +MAX(FLOOR((@{class1_level}-3)/4),0) Luck to AC
Request for buffs As I understand it, buffs are toggled on/off via repeating_buff_$ID_toggle, with 0 being off, and 1 being on. Would it be possible to have any value above 0 as on? Did some simple testing, and it seems that with a _toggle higher than 1, the buff is disabled. I am not asking for the value to be displayed, just that the buff is ticked and active on any value above 0. This would be useful to track and call duration via API scripts. NB: Same for conditions, if possible.

Edited 1543019527
I've noticed what might be a small bug with the Buff's feature... when using it to apply bonuses to selective multi-word name skills such as Use Magic Device, Sleight of Hand, or Disable Device, it won't work. It will add bonuses to those when using a global modifier such as Skills though. Just can't apply modifiers to those skills individually. Also a small request for a couple minor features: Editable Climb/Swim Speeds - Various races have bonuses to these speed types, and there are also a few spells that modify these two speed types, as well as a couple magic items. Editable Natural Armor under AC options - Currently have to use either Misc Armor under the options or create an entry in the AC Items section. Neither are ideal and both have their own set of problems tied to them.