Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Official Pathfinder Character Sheet 1.22

Thanks. I tried part of what you said Vince and I just switched the query of the damage powerattack to be called power attack damage. Fixed it right up.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Nick S. said: Thanks. I tried part of what you said Vince and I just switched the query of the damage powerattack to be called power attack damage. Fixed it right up. Cool beans.
Taken from the wiki the only offense stats I can reference in a buff are: Offense Melee: melee_bonus (melee) Ranged: ranged_bonus (ranged) CMB: cmb_bonus (CMB) Global Attack Mod.: attack_bonus (attack, attacks) Global Damage Mod.: damage_bonus (damage) Is it possible to have a damage_melee_bonus and damage_ranged_bonus?
Nick S. said: Hi, I have an issue with adding additional modifiers to the attack and damage of individual weapon entries. Specifically I have a query set up in the attack and damage roll for Power Attack, and it seems to be adding in the penalty to the attack but not the bonus to the damage. If I roll the damage roll individually the query pops up and I am able to use it, but if I click the full attack roll it only pops up for the attack roll. I have query roll mods turned on for attack and damage rolls, and both of these are also showing up when I click full attack, but my custon power attack query only appears for the attack roll. I will post my queries below. Attack roll [[?{Power Attack|no,0|yes,-1}*(1+floor(@{bab}/4))]][Power Attack]+[[?{Flank|no,0|yes,2}]][Flank] Damage Roll [[?{Power Attack|no,0|yes,1}*((1+floor(@{bab}/4))*3)]][Power Attack] If you want to keep using just 1 query for this it is possible by making a simple change to the attack roll Attack roll -[[?{Power Attack|no,0|yes,1}*(1+floor(@{bab}/4))]][Power Attack]+[[?{Flank|no,0|yes,2}]][Flank] by moving the - outside of the query it allows both to use the same yes value of 1.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
K G. said: Taken from the wiki the only offense stats I can reference in a buff are: Offense Melee: melee_bonus (melee) Ranged: ranged_bonus (ranged) CMB: cmb_bonus (CMB) Global Attack Mod.: attack_bonus (attack, attacks) Global Damage Mod.: damage_bonus (damage) Is it possible to have a damage_melee_bonus and damage_ranged_bonus? Hi KG and thanks for your feedback. Request noted for review.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pathfinder by Roll20 v1.26 release notes * PC sheet: Bug fix: Spell-like abilities "rolls" for multiclassed spellcasters don't show 2nd spellcaster class name anymore. * NPC sheet: "null" ("-") values for abilities (STR, DEX ...) are now handled
I don't know if this is the correct place for this, but the wiki page for the Pathfinder Official sheet has some incorrect or just out of date information specifically regarding the Dynamic Reference to rolls section&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Official#Dynamic_Reference_to_Rolls" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Official#Dynamic_Reference_to_Rolls</a>. &nbsp;Most of the rolls for PC tokens are something along the lines of %{selected|roll_constitution} for example to roll a Constitution check. That macro just produces an error in chat that says "No ability found for %{selected|roll_constitution}" then a line below it in normal chat block that says "selected|roll_constitution" without the curly braces. On many of these, just omitting the "roll_" prefix works as intended. To use the above example, %{selected|constitution} rolls a constitution check for the selected token. However, there are several of the rolls listed where this is not the case, notably the attack, damage, and caster level checks. I haven't checked them all, but those are the biggest standouts for me.&nbsp; Is there an updated list of %{selected|foo} roll commands for attacks and damage?

Edited 1551283143
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
KcGamer said: I don't know if this is the correct place for this, but the wiki page for the Pathfinder Official sheet has some incorrect or just out of date information specifically regarding the Dynamic Reference to rolls section&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Official#Dynamic_Reference_to_Rolls" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Official#Dynamic_Reference_to_Rolls</a>. &nbsp;Most of the rolls for PC tokens are something along the lines of %{selected|roll_constitution} for example to roll a Constitution check. That macro just produces an error in chat that says "No ability found for %{selected|roll_constitution}" then a line below it in normal chat block that says "selected|roll_constitution" without the curly braces. On many of these, just omitting the "roll_" prefix works as intended. To use the above example, %{selected|constitution} rolls a constitution check for the selected token. However, there are several of the rolls listed where this is not the case, notably the attack, damage, and caster level checks. I haven't checked them all, but those are the biggest standouts for me.&nbsp; Is there an updated list of %{selected|foo} roll commands for attacks and damage? Hi KcGamer and thanks for your feedback. The wiki seems to be out of date regarding some rolls. Sorry for the inconvenience. This will be fixed ASAP. In the meantime, you can find the internal roll name by draging the roll from the sheet to the macro bar, then clicking the macro bar button, then click into the chat box and hit the up arrow :
Something I noticed with the buffs and I'm sure this is by design as a part of how the sheet works, but a buff to damage is applying to ALL damage rows. For example, Let's say Bob the fighter picks up a +1 flaming Longsword. The bard is casting Inspire Courage (+2 competence bonus to attack and damage). The stat block for the weapon has Damage at 1d8+(STR+1+2) for the sword as expected, then 1d6+2 for the fire. Would it be possible to differentiate the damages when setting up buffs, i.e. "+1 &lt;type&gt; to Damage1" that would apply to each weapon's first line of damage but not the Damage2 row? I've included a screenshot of the setup just in case I'm doing something wrong.
Hey I'm having a bit of an issue. In one of our games, we're encountering a problem when rolling full attacks. We have roll mod queries turned on for both attack and damage rolls, but if you click a full attack it only asks you for a mod once and applies it to both attack and damage. We realized this because our ranged characters were taking range penalties to their attacks and it was also applying to their damage.

Edited 1551735520
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nick S. said: Hey I'm having a bit of an issue. In one of our games, we're encountering a problem when rolling full attacks. We have roll mod queries turned on for both attack and damage rolls, but if you click a full attack it only asks you for a mod once and applies it to both attack and damage. We realized this because our ranged characters were taking range penalties to their attacks and it was also applying to their damage. Hi Nick S. Are these the roll mod queries that have been added by you in the attack and damage formulas, or the one asked by the sheet (if activated)?
Hi there, love the character sheets (especially the buff system), but my group is running a mythic campaign and was wondering if it would be possible to put in a tab or section for tracking things like mythic power, mythic tier, path abilities, etc.&nbsp; At the moment we're putting them into the Features/Traits section but a few of my players expressed a desire to access them separately from the class features and racial features and what-have-yous.&nbsp; Not a critical/urgent request, for sure, but I for one would appreciate it!
My group has been playing Rise of the Runelords, and we just moved to the official module, from my custom campaign (and thank you for the feature that allows us to move sheets from one game to another, really saved a lot of time). I have two questions that I believe belongs here, rather than on the page for the module. 1) The (super nice) rest feature resets daily uses to 0 out of X used, rather than X out of X remaining, but the module have all resources set to X out of X remaining. Could we get a sheet option to swap this around, so that it matches whatever module we might be using. 2) The module have all NPC sheets set to hidden rolls. I have tried changing this via the campaign setting, but it seems that it only applies to new sheets. Is there a way (or could we get one) to change settings for existing sheets, without having to go through them all individually?
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Joshua C. said: Hi there, love the character sheets (especially the buff system), but my group is running a mythic campaign and was wondering if it would be possible to put in a tab or section for tracking things like mythic power, mythic tier, path abilities, etc.&nbsp; At the moment we're putting them into the Features/Traits section but a few of my players expressed a desire to access them separately from the class features and racial features and what-have-yous.&nbsp; Not a critical/urgent request, for sure, but I for one would appreciate it! Hi Joshua C. Thanks for your feedback :) Please note that the sheet is aimed at covering the CRB, but that said, your request as been noted for review. &nbsp;
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Anders said: My group has been playing Rise of the Runelords, and we just moved to the official module, from my custom campaign (and thank you for the feature that allows us to move sheets from one game to another, really saved a lot of time). I have two questions that I believe belongs here, rather than on the page for the module. 1) The (super nice) rest feature resets daily uses to 0 out of X used, rather than X out of X remaining, but the module have all resources set to X out of X remaining. Could we get a sheet option to swap this around, so that it matches whatever module we might be using. 2) The module have all NPC sheets set to hidden rolls. I have tried changing this via the campaign setting, but it seems that it only applies to new sheets. Is there a way (or could we get one) to change settings for existing sheets, without having to go through them all individually? Hi Andreas. Thanks for your feedback. Regarding (1): good point. Noted. Regarding (2): You're right: the global settings apply to new sheets. NPC rolling "hidden" is kind of a standard. I'll see what can be done with perhaps a new setting. But in the meatime, since you've got a pro account, perhaps you could change this with an API script?

Edited 1551799600
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
KcGamer said: Something I noticed with the buffs and I'm sure this is by design as a part of how the sheet works, but a buff to damage is applying to ALL damage rows. For example, Let's say Bob the fighter picks up a +1 flaming Longsword. The bard is casting Inspire Courage (+2 competence bonus to attack and damage). The stat block for the weapon has Damage at 1d8+(STR+1+2) for the sword as expected, then 1d6+2 for the fire. Would it be possible to differentiate the damages when setting up buffs, i.e. "+1 &lt;type&gt; to Damage1" that would apply to each weapon's first line of damage but not the Damage2 row? I've included a screenshot of the setup just in case I'm doing something wrong. Hi KcGamer, thanks for your feedback and sorry for the late reply. You're doing everything right but there's no way to do that as of now. Request noted for review.
Natha said: Nick S. said: Hey I'm having a bit of an issue. In one of our games, we're encountering a problem when rolling full attacks. We have roll mod queries turned on for both attack and damage rolls, but if you click a full attack it only asks you for a mod once and applies it to both attack and damage. We realized this because our ranged characters were taking range penalties to their attacks and it was also applying to their damage. Hi Nick S. Are these the roll mod queries that have been added by you in the attack and damage formulas, or the one asked by the sheet (if activated)? These are the queries you can enable with the check boxes on the Configuration tab.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nick S. said: These are the queries you can enable with the check boxes on the Configuration tab.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Right! This is quite extraordinary that this has been overlooked until your post. Very sorry about that. This will be fixed in a future update. Thanks Nick.
Hi, Just curious, is there a way for the character sheet to support more than three classes? I like to let my players experiment with their builds, and I don't want to arbitrarily limit them to three classes. So far I love everything about the sheet, I'm just wondering if it's possible? Thanks
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
MALCADOR said: Hi, Just curious, is there a way for the character sheet to support more than three classes? I like to let my players experiment with their builds, and I don't want to arbitrarily limit them to three classes. So far I love everything about the sheet, I'm just wondering if it's possible? Thanks Hi Malcador.&nbsp; Sorry to say that there is no way to do that, and TBH, there is no plan currently&nbsp;to expand the number of classes. Out of curiosity, how many classes your players are used to use for their builds?
Hi guys, My GM bought RoTRL and we're forced to use it! I'm happy to give it the old college try. But I've ran into some issues. In particular: sneak attack! <a href="https://i.imgur.com/IDZZT7u.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/IDZZT7u.png</a> My character does 7d6 sneak attack damage and 6 attacks on a full round action. I'm running into the issue that off-hand attacks do not have space to roll extra damage dice. The primary attacks handle my sneak attack well, but the off-hand attacks have no space to put the sneak-attack damage (If I put it in the modifier it multiples on a crit.) Any ideas? How it looks now:&nbsp; <a href="https://i.imgur.com/dcFR61m.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/dcFR61m.png</a> How I'd like it to look:&nbsp; <a href="https://i.imgur.com/Ja4jZ7M.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/Ja4jZ7M.png</a> I did a work-around solution by separating my sneak attack into a seperate attack. But that's highly tedious to roll over and over for a 4-6 attack character! Thanks in advanced.&nbsp;
I'd also love to make roll-menu's like this. Anyone have a clue how that's done? <a href="https://i.imgur.com/AegI8PZ.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/AegI8PZ.png</a>
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pathfinder by Roll20 v1.27 * PC sheet: Bug fix: Attack and Damage query modifiers are now differenciated when a full attack is rolled. * PC sheet: new option in the Configuration Tab, under the Misc subsection, regarding the REST button: it's now possible to set "per-day" uses of Traits and Spell-like abilities to maximum value, instead of zero, when hitting the REST button.
Natha said: Pathfinder by Roll20 v1.27 * PC sheet: Bug fix: Attack and Damage query modifiers are now differenciated when a full attack is rolled. * PC sheet: new option in the Configuration Tab, under the Misc subsection, regarding the REST button: it's now possible to set "per-day" uses of Traits and Spell-like abilities to maximum value, instead of zero, when hitting the REST button. Many thanks for adding the rest option.
Bug: Damage2 critical damage on weapons is adding the damage from damage1 as well.

Edited 1552546021
Would it be possible to add a Temp box for ability check rolls so buffs can be made to apply to those? Also wondering if there's any way to use "per day" values in token bars?
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Chell said: Bug: Damage2 critical damage on weapons is adding the damage from damage1 as well. Hi Chell, good catch. Thanks for the feedback. This will be fixed ASAP.

Edited 1552552755
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Seph said: Would it be possible to add a Temp box for ability check rolls so buffs can be made to apply to those? Also wondering if there's any way to use "per day" values in token bars? Hi Seph and thanks for the feedback. &gt;&gt; Would it be possible to add a Temp box for ability check rolls so buffs can be made to apply to those? Are you making reference to base abilities (Strength, Dexterity ...) or Spell-like abilities ? &gt;&gt; Also wondering if there's any way to use "per day" values in token bars? Sorry to say no, because these attributes are in repeating sections, and those can't be assigned to token bars, AFAIK. This is a Roll20 technical constraint, not specific to the Pathfinder sheet.
@ Natha &nbsp; Here is my sneak attack use case. As you can see it's so much it needs two screenshots and then I need to start adding values together to then deduct individual DR. It's a nightmare... My turns take 3-4 times as long as other people's turns and I'm fast and pretty system competent both in PF and Roll20. Can't this be improved please?

Edited 1552700823
Sorry if this has been posted already but can someone explain how to use the default token bars value/max/link in campaign settings? I'm assuming they can be matched to a character sheets attributes by default, but I'm not understanding how they work. &nbsp;
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Bloodtap said: Sorry if this has been posted already but can someone explain how to use the default token bars value/max/link in campaign settings? I'm assuming they can be matched to a character sheets attributes by default, but I'm not understanding how they work. &nbsp; Hi Bloodtrap. Juste put the name of the attribute (like "ac" or "speed"). You do not need to put "@{ac}". "@{ac}" is used in game to reference the attribute in a macro, for example.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
TheJokerPlays said: @ Natha &nbsp; Here is my sneak attack use case. As you can see it's so much it needs two screenshots and then I need to start adding values together to then deduct individual DR. It's a nightmare... My turns take 3-4 times as long as other people's turns and I'm fast and pretty system competent both in PF and Roll20. Can't this be improved please? Hi TheJokerPlays. You could set up 2 attacks, one without the precision damage, and one that includes the Sneak Attack damage into the other damage (with inline rolls in the modifier attribute), like :
I'm sorry for bothering again! I can't find much info about it on the wiki, and I just can't seem to get it right. anything I do doesn't seem to work when I update and then create new default tokens, I know the other setting are updating as I am turning on/off he name/player default edits so im not sure whats up. its not a huge issue, but seems to be an awesome feature I wish I could use

Edited 1552847548
Natha said: MALCADOR said: Hi, Just curious, is there a way for the character sheet to support more than three classes? I like to let my players experiment with their builds, and I don't want to arbitrarily limit them to three classes. So far I love everything about the sheet, I'm just wondering if it's possible? Thanks Hi Malcador.&nbsp; Sorry to say that there is no way to do that, and TBH, there is no plan currently&nbsp;to expand the number of classes. Out of curiosity, how many classes your players are used to use for their builds? Hi, Good to know! Unfortunately I can say that one of my players likes to heavily multiclass. He's the only one, and he's planning on at least five classes. We'll find a way around the problem that is him hahaha. Cheers, Malcador
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pathfinder by Roll20 v1.28 * PC sheet: Bug fix: Attack's Damage2 roll fix.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Bloodtap said: I'm sorry for bothering again! I can't find much info about it on the wiki, and I just can't seem to get it right. anything I do doesn't seem to work when I update and then create new default tokens, I know the other setting are updating as I am turning on/off he name/player default edits so im not sure whats up. its not a huge issue, but seems to be an awesome feature I wish I could use Hi Bloodtrap. Game settings apply to new characters (created after the changes in settings). Note that you should not set the same attribute at the same time to link and value(s). Regarding the "Apply Default settings" in game, I must say it's an experimental feature that is not directly linked to the sheet code, so I'll have to gather informations from Roll20's Higher Powers before being able to give you a complete answer. Anyway, thanks for your feedback!
The Bar Value/Max/Link settings are specifically for NPCs/Creatures added to the table by dragging them from the compendium. Those values are updated in the character sheet attributes rather than existing tokens. The method for setting those values for character tokens is as follows: Drag the player to the table. Modify the token settings for the bars Edit the Character Bio and remove the token (lower image) if set Select the player token Click 'Use selected token' in the bio Save the character sheet I hope this helps. Shawn
Hi guys, having an issue with a buff I've created. It's for power attack. I know I've asked about this earlier in the thread, and I have a method that seems to work correctly if I set it up as a roll query, but I would rather have it as a buff that I can turn on and off. Anyway, it's not scaling with my bab. This is what I have in the buff entry. -(1+floor(@{class_1_bab}/4)) to attack +((1+floor(@{class_1_bab/4}))*3) to damage At first I thought it was working correctly because it works right when my BAB is +1 by factoring in the -1 and the +3. Out of curiocity I set my BAB up to 20, and it's still only factoring in a -1 and a +3. I have another buff for Rage that does a similar thing to increase my hp by a factor of 2*@{class_1_level} and that one works fine. How do I fix this?

Edited 1553517378
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nick S. said: Hi guys, having an issue with a buff I've created. It's for power attack. I know I've asked about this earlier in the thread, and I have a method that seems to work correctly if I set it up as a roll query, but I would rather have it as a buff that I can turn on and off. Anyway, it's not scaling with my bab. This is what I have in the buff entry. -(1+floor(@{class_1_bab}/4)) to attack +((1+floor(@{class_1_bab/4}))*3) to damage At first I thought it was working correctly because it works right when my BAB is +1 by factoring in the -1 and the +3. Out of curiocity I set my BAB up to 20, and it's still only factoring in a -1 and a +3. I have another buff for Rage that does a similar thing to increase my hp by a factor of 2*@{class_1_level} and that one works fine. How do I fix this? Hi Nick. Try using "class1_bab" instead of "class_1_bab".

Edited 1553719689
How do I add formulas to the Initiative button without doing an outside macro? I want to add "[[ceil(@{caster1_level}/2)]]" for my Diviner ideally to the Misc field "@initiative_misc"
K G. said: Taken from the wiki the only offense stats I can&nbsp;reference in a buff are: Offense Melee: melee_bonus (melee) Ranged: ranged_bonus (ranged) CMB: cmb_bonus (CMB) Global Attack Mod.: attack_bonus (attack, attacks) Global Damage Mod.: damage_bonus (damage) Is it possible to have a damage_melee_bonus and damage_ranged_bonus? Shouldn't the Global Attack Mod also apply to CMB?
Hi all.&nbsp; Question about adding additional types of damage.&nbsp; I'm playing a rogue and recently got an Animal Bane dagger. What's the best way to add both Sneak Attack damage and Bane damage.&nbsp; I've been using the 2nd Damage area for my sneaks.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Adam said: How do I add formulas to the Initiative button without doing an outside macro? I want to add "[[ceil(@{caster1_level}/2)]]" for my Diviner ideally to the Misc field "@initiative_misc" Hi Adam. You can use a buff with "+(ceil(@{caster1_level}/2)) to initiative" Other than that, there is no dynamic way to do it, except by using a macro, as you mentioned.

Edited 1553779533
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tobyn52 said: Hi all.&nbsp; Question about adding additional types of damage.&nbsp; I'm playing a rogue and recently got an Animal Bane dagger. What's the best way to add both Sneak Attack damage and Bane damage.&nbsp; I've been using the 2nd Damage area for my sneaks. Hi Tobyn52. You can either add the information as an inline role in the notes (and show the notes in the attack settings), like "+[[2d6]] damage against animals". Or copy the attack in a new attack entry, add "vs Animals" in the name, for example, and add the bonus to damage in the main damage modifier.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Adam said: K G. said: Taken from the wiki the only offense stats I can&nbsp;reference in a buff are: Offense Melee: melee_bonus (melee) Ranged: ranged_bonus (ranged) CMB: cmb_bonus (CMB) Global Attack Mod.: attack_bonus (attack, attacks) Global Damage Mod.: damage_bonus (damage) Is it possible to have a damage_melee_bonus and damage_ranged_bonus? Shouldn't the Global Attack Mod also apply to CMB? It's added to each entry in the attacks and spells (if they have an active attack) repeating section. So if the attack is based on CMB, the mod will be added.
Natha said: Adam said: K G. said: Taken from the wiki the only offense stats I can&nbsp;reference in a buff are: Offense Melee: melee_bonus (melee) Ranged: ranged_bonus (ranged) CMB: cmb_bonus (CMB) Global Attack Mod.: attack_bonus (attack, attacks) Global Damage Mod.: damage_bonus (damage) Is it possible to have a damage_melee_bonus and damage_ranged_bonus? Shouldn't the Global Attack Mod also apply to CMB? It's added to each entry in the attacks and spells (if they have an active attack) repeating section. So if the attack is based on CMB, the mod will be added. I'm not in a spot to look and test myself, so does that mean the Global Attack Mod won't affect the Melee and Ranged buttons also?
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Adam said: I'm not in a spot to look and test myself, so does that mean the Global Attack Mod won't affect the Melee and Ranged buttons also? You are right, it won't affect the base Melee and Ranged rolls.
It might not be the worst idea to suggest having particular attack buffs tie into those values, since an on-the-fly attack roll wouldn't benefit from the buff bonus without having an explicit listing in the attacks table. The generic Melee and Ranged (and CMB) buttons are useful for all sorts of things.