Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5th Edition by Roll20

keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Mjollin! You may get a dev response here, but you are more likely to get the technical help this requires by filing a  Help Center Request . This will create a ticket that will be assigned to a team member. Usually in a case like this, it's because a sheet was not chosen for the game, but your screen shots look more serious than this (there are no bio or Attributes & Abilities tabs, for instance). Does a brand new game also have this issue?
Hello, I want to make a new character sheet with the D&D 5E by Roll20 sheet as a starting point.  Where can I find the code for this as a starting point?  I found the shaped sheet on github but nothing for this sheet.  Any direction would be much appreciated :)
Marionette said: Hello, I want to make a new character sheet with the D&D 5E by Roll20 sheet as a starting point.  Where can I find the code for this as a starting point?  I found the shaped sheet on github but nothing for this sheet.  Any direction would be much appreciated :) Unfortunately you can’t, as the sheet code is now proprietary and not publicly available. There are old versions of the code that can be found, but they are extremely outdated at this point. 
I've noticed that since Tasha's came out, the Ranger charactermancer has been busted. There is no way to choose your optional features, so the game just give you both the optional and base feature to Ranger sheets.
There is no "Custom" option for Multiclassing. That is really bad IF you are multiclassing with a homebrew class! There is an option for a custom class below that, yes. But that only changes the existing class. In my case: BASE class is sorcerer, second class would be (Grim) Reaper... Not the usual choice but it fits the character well...
Hey Folks, Dropping in to announce that in concert with the Spelljammer release, there is now a Vehicle sheet mode for the official D&D5e sheet. You can enable this from the NPC settings panel. Let us know if you encounter any problems! Many thanks!
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Nic B. said: Hey Folks, Dropping in to announce that in concert with the Spelljammer release, there is now a Vehicle sheet mode for the official D&D5e sheet. You can enable this from the NPC settings panel. Let us know if you encounter any problems! Many thanks! Fantastic addition!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Nic B. said: Hey Folks, Dropping in to announce that in concert with the Spelljammer release, there is now a Vehicle sheet mode for the official D&D5e sheet. You can enable this from the NPC settings panel. Let us know if you encounter any problems! Many thanks! Cool! Must go check!
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
I'm embarrassed how long it took me to find this option, lol. I found it here in case others are as blind as I apparently am.  
Vehicle sheets are a great idea.  I'll be using them for mounts in my game. But in addition to weapons, actions and cargo, it would be nice if they also exposed Features & Traits, so you could put in descriptions or notes on special features (you can hack that into "actions" but it's a bit awkward).
OK, so, I'm SURE this has been asked before, but it's oddly difficult to search. When using the charactermancer to create a new character, you have to pick skill proficiencies. However, there is no way from that page to access any information about what the skill proficiencies are, what ability score they use, and what your bonus is with that ability score. That would be SUPER helpful when creating a character, since for example it's often better to take proficiency in a skill in which you have a decent bonus. Thanks!
THX for the Update! Might it be possible to have a multiclass option for homebrew classes ? (There is an option below for custom classes, but that is only the first class). Not using Charactermancer but editing the sheet directly. Nic B. said: Hey Folks, Dropping in to announce that in concert with the Spelljammer release, there is now a Vehicle sheet mode for the official D&D5e sheet. You can enable this from the NPC settings panel. Let us know if you encounter any problems! Many thanks!
Ralph
Pro
Marketplace Creator
David M. said: I'm embarrassed how long it took me to find this option, lol. I found it here in case others are as blind as I apparently am.   You are not alone... This is a great feature that will help in a lot of settings!

Edited 1660827324
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
The vehicle npc mode is a welcome addition! However, I'm curious about the single AC field. IIRC, 5e ships have always had separate AC and hp for various targets (Hull, helm, sails, etc.). Since this seems to be related with the spelljammer release, do those rules only use a single AC or something? It would be really nice to have a configurable means to set up locations as a future enhancement of this feature to be applicable with other established 5e rulesets. Doesn't need to be super complex or graphical in nature, maybe a Locations section with a plus button where we could enter a name, ac, and hp?   Obviously, we can work around by creating attributes other than e.g. "vehicle_ac" either manually or with mods as we could before. For me, this new npc mode is "almost there". Thanks!  
I tried linking a token to a "ship" sheet (as you would for an NPC or monster), but npc_ac does not appear to link the token field to the sheet.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ken S. said: I tried linking a token to a "ship" sheet (as you would for an NPC or monster), but npc_ac does not appear to link the token field to the sheet. Hi Ken! Vehicle AC is stored in the attribute "vehicle_ac". You can see the new attribute names on the attribute and abilities tab, as soon as you fill in a value.
I like it! Now I would like to see it morph into a generic Container sheet. It almost works for this now but if the Cargo list would automatically add the item weights together it would be useful for such things as a Sack or Backpack that could be carried by a character. Also if this Sack were added to a character's inventory it should figure into their carried weight!

Edited 1660946931
Gauss
Forum Champion
Not sure if this has been brought up before (probably, but there is a lot of history to go through) I was helping someone today with multiclassing and I noticed that the "casting" spell card and the "chat bubble" spell card do not properly calculate spell saves.  To multiclass the second class's spells need to be internally set to a different spellcasting modifier. The result is not what I would have expected.  Clicking the spell to cast it : ignores if the spell has a Spellcasting Ability different from the global method (top of the spells sheet). Example: edit the (non-attack) spell, set an ability score different than the global method's spellcasting ability (such as the case with multiclassing).  Click on the spell, the spell save DC in the spell card will be the global DC, not the spell's DC.  Clicking the chat bubble to pop the spell into the chat : It correctly calculates the spell DC calculation method in the spell, but does not respect the global modifier field to the spell DC. (global modifier = "spell save DC mod" in the character sheet settings) Example: edit the spell as above, set an ability score different than the global method.  Go into the character sheet settings to the "spell save DC mod" and enter a value.  Click on the spell's chat bubble, the spell save DC uses the correct ability score, but does not add the global modifier.  Spell Attacks : these are correct and use the correct value of the spells setting + global modifier. And of course, you cannot set a spell to a flat spell DC (such as a spell derived from a magic item). 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Compendium/5e by Roll20 spell issues: The following compendium spells are missing the "half damage" statement for their saving throws: Burning Hands, Spirit Guardians, Blight, Cloudkill, Flame Strike, Blade Barrier, Finger of Death  The following compendium spells are missing their spell DCs after the spellcard:  Blindness/Deafness, Hold Person, Bestow Curse, Banishment This can be remedied, but it should display the spell DC on the spellcard without doing the remedy (below) to remedy:  Edit the spell, cut (highlight then ctrl+X) the uplevel text, hit "Done", cast the spell Edit the spell again, paste the uplevel text, hit "Done", cast Now the spellcard includes save DC
Gauss said: Not sure if this has been brought up before (probably, but there is a lot of history to go through) I was helping someone today with multiclassing and I noticed that the "casting" spell card and the "chat bubble" spell card do not properly calculate spell saves.  To multiclass the second class's spells need to be internally set to a different spellcasting modifier. The result is not what I would have expected.  Clicking the spell to cast it : ignores if the spell has a Spellcasting Ability different from the global method (top of the spells sheet). Example: edit the (non-attack) spell, set an ability score different than the global method's spellcasting ability (such as the case with multiclassing).  Click on the spell, the spell save DC in the spell card will be the global DC, not the spell's DC.  Clicking the chat bubble to pop the spell into the chat : It correctly calculates the spell DC calculation method in the spell, but does not respect the global modifier field to the spell DC. (global modifier = "spell save DC mod" in the character sheet settings) Example: edit the spell as above, set an ability score different than the global method.  Go into the character sheet settings to the "spell save DC mod" and enter a value.  Click on the spell's chat bubble, the spell save DC uses the correct ability score, but does not add the global modifier.  Spell Attacks : these are correct and use the correct value of the spells setting + global modifier. And of course, you cannot set a spell to a flat spell DC (such as a spell derived from a magic item).  This. If every field had the option to be changed in a freeform basis at the very end, it would make our world so much easier.  Ok, the only thing I wouldn't change would be the Character Name field, as that seems to have a lot of control reference over the sheet API for deducting spell slots and ammo correctly, so maybe put this Freeform Field before that. What that would do in every repeatable section, save, skill check, spell, attack, trait, etc. would allow you to add a duplicate field with different information.  So in the above, for example, you could enter this in the freeform, {{savedc=[[8+@{charisma_mod}+@{pb}]]}} , to overwrite the original global {{savedc=@{Fireflower|spell_save_dc}}} which may be set to Wisdom.  Since it would be last in the output, the DC would only show as the freeform intended, because of Roll20 architecture - the first in line being ignored/ overwritten by the last.  I do this same trick using interupted description fields - but if the item - such as damage - comes after the description field, architecture takes over and my own interuptions are overwritten.  The freeform field would have to come last or near last. I've been trying to see this macro addition for some time, which has honestly had me looking at other VTTs.

Edited 1661202253
Sooo... I wanted to give my opinion about the new "vehicle" tab for NPC sheets. First, allow me to try and add a snip of it: Here's what I have to say about it (no order): It's named "vehicle", but its really only useful for Spelljammers. I would rename it to "Spelljammer". Any other vehicle that Speljammers have an air bubble? Nope... Unless you catapult them into Wildspace, but you know. I don't like the "Crew" entry. In a vehicle, I want to know be able to list how many Officer (PC's / Skilled Labor), Crew (Unskilled Labor), Passenger can fit on board. So to me, it's clearly lacking. "Keel/Beam" just... "Keel" would refer to Keel type? Because as far as I know, "Length" is the nautical term used to define the actual length of a ship. Also, for sea-fearing vessels, you want to know what its "Draft" is. Hence part of why I say this "vehicle" tab isn't actually meant for any vehicle other than Spelljammers. You can't add features! Wait what?!? No really, this "vehicle" sheet/NPC tab has been designed so you can't add features. Utterly useless... -.- It's also missing; Damage Immunity, Damage Vulnerability, Damage Resistance and Condition Immunity. Vehicle uses those too... When  want to add a Land Vehicle, I don't need an air quality entry, I need to be able to add proper "crew" complement (Officer, Crew, Passenger), I need to be able to input Length and Width, I need to be able to add features to define the various components of said Land Vehicles, and immunities / vulnerabilities / resistance. When I want to add a Water and or a Sea / Air Vehicle, I want the same thing as for a Land Vehicle on top of being able to see the "Length", "Beam" and "Draft". On the plus side, I like how the Weapon and Cargo sections have been designed. But all in all, that "vehicle" is utterly useless to me, even for Spelljammer vehicles... -.- It's a step in the right direction for sure, but still no cigar :(

Edited 1661158299
Gauss
Forum Champion
Neo said: "Keel/Beam" just... "Keel" would refer to Keel type? Because as far as I know, "Length" is the nautical term used to define the actual length of a ship. Also, for sea-fearing vessels, you want to know what its "Draft" is. Hence part of why I say this "vehicle" tab isn't actually meant for any vehicle other than Spelljammers. Regarding Keel/Beam, Beam is the width of a ship. Keel should have probably been called Length, but maybe at some point in history length was measured at the keel so maybe (and I don't know hence the maybe) that is appropriate for "old style reasons". For that I suggest asking WotC.  It is my guess that all of that was not a Roll20 decision, it was a WotC decision.  Roll20's statblocks for the ships matches the statblocks in Astral Adventurer's Guide (except for Air Quality which is an added line).
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Neo said: You can't add features! Wait what?!? No really, this "vehicle" sheet/NPC tab has been designed so you can't add features. Utterly useless... -.- I tried to use it for my ships as well, to no avail. The lack of traits definitely surprised me the most, and I am surprised that SJ ships don't have traits.

Edited 1661175283
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I'd love to see the ship section contain also the info from Ghosts of Saltmarsh. Thing marked with a * are missing from Roll20. Ship Stat Blocks To aid in running adventures where ships engage in combat, undertake precise navigation, or face situations where their various capabilities become relevant, the following section presents new rules and stat blocks for a spectrum of vessels. Basic Statistics A ship stat block has three main parts: basic statistics, components, and action options. Ships can’t take any actions on their own. Without effort from its crew, a ship might drift on the water, come to a stop, or careen out of control. *Size (missing) Most ships are Large, Huge, or Gargantuan. A ship’s size category is determined by its length or width, whichever is longer. For instance, a ship that is 10 feet long and 20 feet wide would use the size category that has a 20-foot width, which means the ship is Gargantuan. Space A ship doesn’t have a square space unless its stat block specifies otherwise. For example, a ship that is 20 feet long and 10 feet wide occupies a 20-by-10-foot space. A ship can’t move into a space that is too small to accommodate it. If it tries to do so, it crashes, as described in the “Crashing a Ship” section. *Capacity (GoS has Creature Capacity and Cargo Capacity, currently sheet only provides Cargo as a single option) A ship’s stat block indicates how many creatures and how much cargo it can carry. Creatures include both the crew of the vessel and any passengers who might ride along. Passengers don’t generally engage in running a ship, but they also don’t need to be mere bystanders. Seasick merchants and marines thoroughly capable of facing menaces from the deep both count as passengers. Cargo capacity notes the maximum amount of cargo a ship can carry. A vessel can’t move — or might even start taking on water — if its cargo exceeds this capacity. Travel Pace (speed can easily be used as a line to reflect this) A ship’s travel pace determines how far the vessel can move per hour and per day. A ship’s movement-related components (described later in the stat block) determine how far the vessel can move each round. *Ability Scores (missing) A ship has the six ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma) and the corresponding modifiers. The Strength of a ship expresses its size and weight. Dexterity represents a ship’s ease of handling. A ship’s Constitution covers its durability and the quality of its construction. Ships usually have a score of 0 in Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma. If a ship has a 0 in a score, it automatically fails any ability check or saving throw that uses that score. *Vulnerabilities, Resistances, and Immunities (missing) A ship’s vulnerabilities, resistances, and immunities apply to all its components, unless otherwise noted in the stat block. Ships are typically immune to poison and psychic damage. Ships are also usually immune to the following conditions: blinded, charmed, deafened, exhaustion, frightened, incapacitated, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, prone, stunned, and unconscious. Actions This part of the stat block specifies what the ship can do on its turn, using its special actions rather than the actions used by creatures. It even relies on its actions to move; it doesn’t have a move otherwise. The ship’s captain decides which actions to use. A given action can be chosen only once during a turn. *Components -  missing A ship is composed of different components, each of which comprises multiple objects: Hull. A ship’s hull is its basic frame, on which the other components are mounted. Control. A control component is used to steer a ship. Movement. A movement component is the element of the ship that enables it to move, such as a set of sails or oars, and has a specific speed. Weapon. A ship capable of being used in combat has one or more weapon components, each of which is operated separately. A ship’s component might have special rules, as described in the stat block. *Armor Class - Missing (only a single AC for the entire ship on current sheet) A component has an Armor Class. Its AC reflects the materials used to construct it and any defensive plating used to augment its toughness. *Hit Points -  Missing (only a single HP for the entire ship on current sheet) A ship component is destroyed and becomes unusable when it drops to 0 hit points. A ship is wrecked if its hull is destroyed. A ship doesn’t have Hit Dice. *Damage Threshold  -  Missing If a ship component has a damage threshold, that threshold appears after its hit points. A component has immunity to all damage unless it takes an amount of damage that equals or exceeds its threshold, in which case it takes damage as normal. Damage that fails to bypass the threshold is considered superficial and doesn’t reduce the component’s hit points. An example stat block from GoS: It would also be great to have areas to track Crew and Ship Upgrades as per the GoS rules.
hola, soy nuevo en esto y estoy buscando grupo de juego, aun no se bien como funciona roll20, me podeis ayudar porfavor
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Pororo! I sent you a private message with some information on how to get started! ¡Hola Pororo! ¡Te envié un mensaje privado con información sobre cómo empezar!

Edited 1661369042
Gauss
Forum Champion
Currently, the template for the "5e by Roll20" output includes the "name" line on the NPC sheet. However, if the DM does not want the token to display the name, then the template should not display the name either. Currently it requires clearing the "name" line on the NPC sheet to prevent that from being revealed in the template output. Just a QoL change for the DM so they do not have to edit every NPC sheet to remove the names . 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Couple new bugs:  Bug 1: Custom proficiency dice get a "1" added to the front of the equation in the roll. With the result of turning a 1d10 roll into an 11d10 roll or a 20d4 into a 200d4 or a 10+0d0 gets turned into a 100. This only applies to skills for some reason. It does not apply to saves, attacks, or tools.  Bug 2: When a skill has a penalty assigned to it on the cog page AND it pushes the value of the skill on the core page into the negatives, the roll will be incorrect. Example: a skill with +3 has -10 assigned to it on the cog page, turning it into a -7.  The roll comes out 1d20 +7 rather than 1d20 -7. 
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Gauss said: Currently, the template for the "5e by Roll20" output includes the "name" line on the NPC sheet. However, if the DM does not want the token to display the name, then the template should not display the name either. Currently it requires clearing the "name" line on the NPC sheet to prevent that from being revealed in the template output. Just a QoL change for the DM so they do not have to edit every NPC sheet to remove the names.  You can go into the settings of the NPC sheet to set whether the name displays or not. For NPCs that have already been created, you need to set this individually.

Edited 1661369483
Gauss
Forum Champion
Brian C. said: Gauss said: Currently, the template for the "5e by Roll20" output includes the "name" line on the NPC sheet. However, if the DM does not want the token to display the name, then the template should not display the name either. Currently it requires clearing the "name" line on the NPC sheet to prevent that from being revealed in the template output. Just a QoL change for the DM so they do not have to edit every NPC sheet to remove the names.  You can go into the settings of the NPC sheet to set whether the name displays or not. For NPCs that have already been created, you need to set this individually. D'oh, shows you how often I use that. I typically run NPC rolls GM only and was troubleshooting for someone else. Thanks for the reminder, I will inform them. 

Edited 1661818009
Gauss
Forum Champion
When leveling up in the Charactermancer if you level up multiple levels at once the final level's HP may be blank.  To reproduce: Create character using Charactermancer, then level up character. Expand the level up box so you can see all the level's hps. Level up a number of levels at once (say, 6 in this example). I typed the number in rather than using the up arrows or mousewheel. Note the final level is blank.  If you click on something such as 'Average' it will populate the final level's HP, but that is not expected to be a requirement to get a correct result. 
Gauss said: When leveling up in the Charactermancer if you level up multiple levels at once the final level's HP may be blank.  Well, now I know why my Players' HP all magically went to lvl 1 values after their level-up. Although in their case, they used the Charactermancer to go up just one level, not multiple. Thanks for finding how it is recreated so we can avoid it.
Is there a way to collapse the descriptions of the items in the Features & Traits section on the Core tab?  Spells have the 'i' button that does this, but this section doesn't seem to do that so it just becomes this long list that extends way down the page. 

Edited 1664056363
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi ZenBlade! Just click on the name of the trait to toggle the description display: (Click on the gif above to display the animation)
Doh I clearly haven't used this sheet enough.  I had in my brain that would post it in the chat, but that's what the bubble does.  I am switching from the Shaped 5e sheet to this one since the former has become more and more unstable and laggy with recent changes to Roll20.  I guess I was thinking it would be like spells with that extra button to collapse, but since you don't 'cast' or activate these features/traits it makes sense they would have one less clickable function.  Thanks for the clarification. keithcurtis said: Hi ZenBlade! Just click on the name of the trait to toggle the description display: (Click on the gif above to display the animation)
One more question.  Any way to filter the spell list by prepared spells vs all known?  A toggle button for that would be an awesome QOL feature IMO.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That function has never been really incorporated into the sheet, probably to deter cleric-type casters from overloading their sheets with every possible spell they could prepare. This is generally bad practice because it can bloat the character with far too many attributes, contributing to overall lag, especially if the practice is continued across multiple characters. But still, there are a few ways to accomplish this. The Mod Script Universal Chat Menus is one way, but that requires a pro subscription. However, Jarren has created some amazingly powerful macros that might be able to help you out here. D&D 5E Universal Statblock Macro Mule for NPCs and PCs
Thanks for the info.

Edited 1664208720
Gauss
Forum Champion
Spellpoints: The Artificer's spell points are incorrect, they set to the same level of Paladins and Rangers (level/2 rounded down) when they should be set to level/2 rounded up  level/2 rounded down with a minimum level of 1.  There are no official rules on Artificer for spell points but an analysis of their spell slots shows the math is level/2 rounded up for Artificers. 

Edited 1664146427
Is there a way to add additional parameters to global damage modifiers?  For instance, if I cast Thunderous Smite and then successfully attack using a custom-built Thunderous Smite global damage modifier, it would be nice if I could add in parameters for the saving throw vs. DC, save effect, etc.  I know this is a relatively small thing, but I think it would be helpful for those of us who enjoy adding modifiers to our actions using toggleable checkboxes. Apologies if I'm repeating a question or asking in the wrong place, I'm having difficulty finding it if it's already been asked.
Gauss
Forum Champion
ILikeLions2022 said: Is there a way to add additional parameters to global damage modifiers?  For instance, if I cast Thunderous Smite and then successfully attack using a custom-built Thunderous Smite global damage modifier, it would be nice if I could add in parameters for the saving throw vs. DC, save effect, etc.  I know this is a relatively small thing, but I think it would be helpful for those of us who enjoy adding modifiers to our actions using toggleable checkboxes. Apologies if I'm repeating a question or asking in the wrong place, I'm having difficulty finding it if it's already been asked. If you would like I may be able to help you with that. (As a workaround to the Devs giving more functionality to the Global Damage Modifier.) If you want help, message me and we can figure out a solution for you. 
You're right. There is no official rule. Some people homebrew it one way, some the other. As a DM, I would say that Roll20 is correct - it should be rounded down. They are not full casters like wizards. Wizards have the points rounded up so artificers should have theirs rounded down.  That's just my opinion though... But to say that Roll20 has it incorrect is, itself, an incorrect statement, because there is no official rule. They made a choice which is neither correct, nor incorrect. :-) Gauss said: Spellpoints: The Artificer's spell points are incorrect, they set to the same level of Paladins and Rangers (level/2 rounded down) when they should be set to level/2 rounded up.  There are no official rules on Artificer for spell points but an analysis of their spell slots shows the math is level/2 rounded up for Artificers. 

Edited 1664209232
Gauss
Forum Champion
Saul J. said: You're right. There is no official rule. Some people homebrew it one way, some the other. As a DM, I would say that Roll20 is correct - it should be rounded down. They are not full casters like wizards. Wizards have the points rounded up so artificers should have theirs rounded down.  That's just my opinion though... But to say that Roll20 has it incorrect is, itself, an incorrect statement, because there is no official rule. They made a choice which is neither correct, nor incorrect. :-) Gauss said: Spellpoints: The Artificer's spell points are incorrect, they set to the same level of Paladins and Rangers (level/2 rounded down) when they should be set to level/2 rounded up.  There are no official rules on Artificer for spell points but an analysis of their spell slots shows the math is level/2 rounded up for Artificers.  There may be no official rule but an analysis of the spell point system makes the results clear. You get a very specific amount of spell points per spell slot per spell level. If Roll20 was 'correct' then Artificers have NO spell points at level 1, making them unable to cast spells at level 1, something clearly not correct.  However, via the analysis it is clear that Artificers match up correctly to the number of spell points they should have if they were (level+1)/2, or put another way, level/2 rounded up.  Run the numbers, you will see it is correct. Edit: I was in error, the level calculation is correct, it just needs a statement of "minimum 1" afterwards. 
It doesn't matter what you think is correct. It's a homebrew interpretation that you are trying to force Roll20 to adopt. And you're trying to force the adoption of your interpretation over the interpretation of others. Until WoTC gives an official rule, I would homebrew it to say that the points are rounded down. For a 1st level artificer, I would agree to give them 2 points.  The bottom line here is that Roll20 made a choice that IS NOT WRONG because there is no official rule. Gauss said: Saul J. said: You're right. There is no official rule. Some people homebrew it one way, some the other. As a DM, I would say that Roll20 is correct - it should be rounded down. They are not full casters like wizards. Wizards have the points rounded up so artificers should have theirs rounded down.  That's just my opinion though... But to say that Roll20 has it incorrect is, itself, an incorrect statement, because there is no official rule. They made a choice which is neither correct, nor incorrect. :-) Gauss said: Spellpoints: The Artificer's spell points are incorrect, they set to the same level of Paladins and Rangers (level/2 rounded down) when they should be set to level/2 rounded up.  There are no official rules on Artificer for spell points but an analysis of their spell slots shows the math is level/2 rounded up for Artificers.  There may be no official rule but an analysis of the spell point system makes the results clear. You get a very specific amount of spell points per spell slot per spell level. If Roll20 was 'correct' then Artificers have NO spell points at level 1, making them unable to cast spells at level 1, something clearly not correct.  However, via the analysis it is clear that Artificers match up correctly to the number of spell points they should have if they were (level+1)/2, or put another way, level/2 rounded up.  Run the numbers, you will see it is correct.

Edited 1664208794
Gauss
Forum Champion
I did this when I was tired yesterday, I re-examined it and found a flaw in my examination (I hate it when that happens). Thank you for making me reexamine it.  Artificers should not have a different level setup, they should however have a minimum level of 1.  So Paladins and Rangers should have level/2 rounded down. Artificers should have level/2 rounded down, minimum 1.  That will account for the initial discrepancy. 

Edited 1664830128
Back in the May Product update Blog there was a mention of the 5e character sheets being able to be printed to pdf. The timeframe for this was Summer/Fall. Has there been any update on timing for this?
One of the things I really WISH was on the 5E sheets was a way to mark the items that are ATTUNED.  Considering that this could be a very important thing if the players have more than 3 items that need attunement that can mean choices need to be made. 
Agreed! D&D Beyond has that functionality. It also uses that functionality to turn on/off whatever passive benefits apply while attuned. DM Susan said: One of the things I really WISH was on the 5E sheets was a way to mark the items that are ATTUNED.  Considering that this could be a very important thing if the players have more than 3 items that need attunement that can mean choices need to be made.