Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Custom Compendium

Score + 1444
+1
This please! With all the magic items and custom classes, races, etc that I have created over the years (many on pen and paper), I would love to be able to carry these forward into the other games that I run. For example, the Ranger Sword of Arianella is a storied weapon forged from the soul of an Arch Druid that has exchanged hands many times and in multiple campaigns over the years. Having a single place to record and update the lore and mechanics of this item would be great!
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1, attempting to work around for an OSR based game I'm trying to get going, being  able to create the items and hand them out quickly would help tons.
+1 for my pokemon campaign

Edited 1659943465
+1. My game is currently reaching extensive homebrew territory. These features would help streamline my game by a LOT. 
For pro users the Transmogrifier in game makes this 1000x easier but it definitely still needs to occur,
+1
+1
+1
+1
Really need it, +1
This is honestly a necessity. +1
UPVOTE!!!!!!!!!!!! For pro only
I would love to farm out some of the Journal/Compendium work to some of my players, to let them update stuff about their characters, to let the person who does the game logs do them inside of the game, etc. +1
+1
+1
+1
Having the ability to  add Races, Backgrounds, Classes, Monsters and other custom content into a compendium is a must  FOr Many Game masters the "rules" or a spring board, the beginning not the end.  +1
+1
+1

Edited 1663087238
+1 The lack of this feature and Roll20's seeming reluctance to allow players the utility to add their own creations (since the ability for expansions has been a thing for years) is causing me to look for a different VTT. My players are not able to engage with anything homebrew because they can not drag and drop it into their character sheets. At the very least, Roll20 should come out and say they never plan to support this feature or explain why something that creators have has access to for years is taking years to give to everyone else. Especially because even in this thread there is an example of someone coding a custom compendium, but sadly has not shared it.
+1
Joseph Carriker
Pro
Marketplace Creator
+1, definitely. 
+1
+1
+1 it would be a life saver if I could use my custom class features, that I know my players enjoy. Without needing to retype it or have multiple tabs open.
+1
+1
Still not done??? +1 please make it happen.  Before Friday would be awesome, thank you! 
Kofi said: Still not done??? +1 please make it happen.  Before Friday would be awesome, thank you!  Hahahaha, Oh man. That WOULD be awesome. Which Friday though? At this rate we'll be lucky to see it before oh, say...Friday December 27th, 2024. If ever.
Surely with the partnership with DriveThruRPG/DMGuild this is something they're going to work on/implement after such a long community desire for it!
+1 This is honestly a necessity. It surprises me they haven't done anything regarding it yet.
+1
+1

Edited 1667053313
I recently found the need to add spells from a module that is not purchasable through the Marketplace. I needed to add the spells to a lot of different NPC's sheets. Unfortunately, without being able to create my own spells in the Compendium, that I can drag&drop onto any character sheet, this became a tedious and time-consuming task. If I had the ability to add my own spells to the Compendium, it would have taken a few minutes to add the spells to all the character sheets. Instead it took well over an hour, especially since I had to keep stopping to correct typos. A Homebrew Compendium is, IMHO, an absolutely necessary tool if Roll20 is to keep its subscriber base since this sort of thing is available on other VTT systems.
+1
I really really need the ability to add my own compendium if you all aren't going to offer OGL 3.5 items at the very least. It would make games such as mine  SO much easier to play please help us out here. +1
Dave said: Can you use chatsetattr to add something to, say, a repeating section? And can you display the data in a handout without having to enter/manage it in two separate locations? Sorry for the slow response, I don't check the forums much. Yes, you can add things to repeating sections with something like this (this is not based on a real character sheet): --repeating_spells_-CREATE_spellname|Your spell name here --repeating_spells_-CREATE_spelldescription|Your spell description here If you make a character sheet called 'Compendium' you can save all such macros as character abilities; and then create a handout with a list of spells; each being a clickable link which calls the ability. I've been using this as my workaround for making a charactermancer and compendium for a non-supported system. It works, but it is quite a long and tedious process (still much faster than expecting any action from Roll20 on this front, though).
Coroz said: +1 The lack of this feature and Roll20's seeming reluctance to allow players the utility to add their own creations (since the ability for expansions has been a thing for years) is causing me to look for a different VTT. My players are not able to engage with anything homebrew because they can not drag and drop it into their character sheets. At the very least, Roll20 should come out and say they never plan to support this feature or explain why something that creators have has access to for years is taking years to give to everyone else. Especially because even in this thread there is an example of someone coding a custom compendium, but sadly has not shared it. I haven't run a real game in almost a year, and haven't given Roll20 a dime in the that timeframe, and the largest factor in that is I've been trying to find a different VTT. Foundry is a giant PITA, but it lets me run homebrew. If WOTC gets up their VTT up before Roll20 has good homebrew allowances, it's going to be catastrophic for Roll20. I don't think they realize how much of an enormous hinderance this is. 
+1
+1
+1