Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5th Edition by Roll20

Can you share the links for those images?  I'd like to get Control D to look at fixing it but I can't figure out how to find them in the browser.  I do know regular GitHub works just fine for me so I'm unsure why these are getting blackholed.
John B
Pro
Sheet Author
Is the current source code for the sheet still available somewhere?  I know that there is an older version github but would like to see how some of the newer features were added.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
John B said: Is the current source code for the sheet still available somewhere?  I know that there is an older version github but would like to see how some of the newer features were added. Hi John! A few years ago, all of the "by Roll20" official sheets were made proprietary and now reside in a private repo. The code is no longer available to the general public.
John B
Pro
Sheet Author
Oh where is my picket sign.  Thanks Keith
Does anyone know how to show the multiclass descriptions and levels on the character sheet.  The player can't see their second class level.  Mor of an annoyance than a big issue, but would be good to know if it can be extended or text wrapped on a second line.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
With the token selected, they can paste this into chat: @{selected|class_display} You can also right-click on it and choose "Inspect", but that's a little more arcane for some. Adding hover text to that attribute would be helpful for all multiclass characters.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
David M. said: Does anyone know how to show the multiclass descriptions and levels on the character sheet.  The player can't see their second class level.  Mor of an annoyance than a big issue, but would be good to know if it can be extended or text wrapped on a second line. Not as good as a formatting solution, but 2nd, 3rd and 4th classes can be shown on the sheet's settings page.
Thanks Keith
Thank you for this great sheet. But by default, the sheet is partially translated. Two of skills are translated on the list,  Skill rolls are translated, and so on.  Can I edit labels of the sheet?  
Since this is the official 5E Sheet by Roll20, you can not edit it since it is closed source... What you can do is file a help center request... but given that translators for Roll20 are freelancers it might take a while for this to be fully completed... Hiroshi M. said: Thank you for this great sheet. But by default, the sheet is partially translated. Two of skills are translated on the list,  Skill rolls are translated, and so on.  Can I edit labels of the sheet?  
Since yesterday there is also a new setting in Game Settings (!!!) that allows the DM to disable the Level-Up Button / Charactermancer completely... But only the DM can set it up in the settings outside of the campaign...

Edited 1675178940
Hurrah! Thank you for this, Roll20! It's announced in today's Change Log . Edit:  Resetting the appearance of the red level-up icon worked almost 100% of the time in both of my games. In three instances, the icon did not go away after I applied default settings: A Warlock 1 with zero XP A School Of Divination Wizard 5 / Artificer 1 with 16158 XP A Fighter 5 / Rogue 5 with 70265 XP None of these three characters have enough experience points to advance a level. All other character sheets - a combination of single and multiclass characters - updated correctly. TheMarkus1204 said: Since yesterday there is also a new setting in Game Settings (!!!) that allows the DM to disable the Level-Up Button / Charactermancer completely... But only the DM can set it up in the settings outside of the campaign...
Best is to file a help center request and tell them exactly this so that they can improve this further... Rick A. said: Hurrah! Thank you for this, Roll20! It's announced in today's Change Log . Edit:  Resetting the appearance of the red level-up icon worked almost 100% of the time in both of my games. In three instances, the icon did not go away after I applied default settings: A Warlock 1 with zero XP A School Of Divination Wizard 5 / Artificer 1 with 16158 XP A Fighter 5 / Rogue 5 with 70265 XP None of these three characters have enough experience points to advance a level. All other character sheets - a combination of single and multiclass characters - updated correctly. TheMarkus1204 said: Since yesterday there is also a new setting in Game Settings (!!!) that allows the DM to disable the Level-Up Button / Charactermancer completely... But only the DM can set it up in the settings outside of the campaign...
Thanks TheMarkus1204 TheMarkus1204 said: Since this is the official 5E Sheet by Roll20, you can not edit it since it is closed source... What you can do is file a help center request... but given that translators for Roll20 are freelancers it might take a while for this to be fully completed...
Problem resolved and I feel a little bit foolish. It had been a while since I had to use the "Apply Settings" function on the character sheet and I had forgotten that there was a pop-up that appears when the update completes, therefore I wasn't waiting for that pop-up before closing the dialog. (Since the progress bar at the top of the dialog is invisible in dark mode, I wasn't clued in that the function was still processing.) I went back and repeated the "Apply Settings" function, this time waiting for the pop-up. All good now. TheMarkus1204 said: Best is to file a help center request and tell them exactly this so that they can improve this further... Rick A. said: Hurrah! Thank you for this, Roll20! It's announced in today's Change Log . Edit:  Resetting the appearance of the red level-up icon worked almost 100% of the time in both of my games. In three instances, the icon did not go away after I applied default settings: A Warlock 1 with zero XP A School Of Divination Wizard 5 / Artificer 1 with 16158 XP A Fighter 5 / Rogue 5 with 70265 XP None of these three characters have enough experience points to advance a level. All other character sheets - a combination of single and multiclass characters - updated correctly. TheMarkus1204 said: Since yesterday there is also a new setting in Game Settings (!!!) that allows the DM to disable the Level-Up Button / Charactermancer completely... But only the DM can set it up in the settings outside of the campaign...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
TheMarkus1204 said: Since yesterday there is also a new setting in Game Settings (!!!)... My guess into why it is a game setting is that this is primarily a campaign setting, not a per-player setting. Having it there would ensure that any character vaulted or transmogged into the game would obey the "table rules".
Don't feel so foolish. I got caught by the same mistake. :-) I was about to issue a bug report when I decided to give it another try, so I could capture exactly any pop-ups or other information that came on screen, including screenshots. While I was typing the report, the update finished. I deleted the report. Rick A. said: Problem resolved and I feel a little bit foolish. It had been a while since I had to use the "Apply Settings" function on the character sheet and I had forgotten that there was a pop-up that appears when the update completes, therefore I wasn't waiting for that pop-up before closing the dialog. (Since the progress bar at the top of the dialog is invisible in dark mode, I wasn't clued in that the function was still processing.) I went back and repeated the "Apply Settings" function, this time waiting for the pop-up. All good now. TheMarkus1204 said: Best is to file a help center request and tell them exactly this so that they can improve this further... Rick A. said: Hurrah! Thank you for this, Roll20! It's announced in today's Change Log . Edit:  Resetting the appearance of the red level-up icon worked almost 100% of the time in both of my games. In three instances, the icon did not go away after I applied default settings: A Warlock 1 with zero XP A School Of Divination Wizard 5 / Artificer 1 with 16158 XP A Fighter 5 / Rogue 5 with 70265 XP None of these three characters have enough experience points to advance a level. All other character sheets - a combination of single and multiclass characters - updated correctly. TheMarkus1204 said: Since yesterday there is also a new setting in Game Settings (!!!) that allows the DM to disable the Level-Up Button / Charactermancer completely... But only the DM can set it up in the settings outside of the campaign...
Where EXACTLY is the all-important "Apply Settings" button located on the character sheet?  Is this different from the one on the game settings page?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There is no "Apply Settings" button on the character sheet. Just the one in the My Settings tab under Miscellaneous. You cannot apply campaign-wide defaults automatically to a single sheet. It's all-or-manual. Settings changed directly on the sheet are applied in real-time. Are you running into an issue where some settings are not being applied?
Thanks, Keith.  I was pretty sure that was the case; it was the wording in some of the earlier posts which led me to believe it was something on the actual character sheet rather than the campaign settings (which I did find).

Edited 1676202100
Some feats in charactermancer don't increase abilities correctly.  Here is feat Athlete - works correctly: Here is feat Ability Score Training - works incorrectly: Please fix this :)
Is there a good wiki/use guide for the Vehicle or kingdom selection in the 5e character sheet, i cant seem to figure out some of the purposes for the boxes on the sheets

Edited 1676320538
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Nirgel said: Is there a good wiki/use guide for the Vehicle or kingdom selection in the 5e character sheet, i cant seem to figure out some of the purposes for the boxes on the sheets They are from the 5e Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path conversion. Any guidance for how to use these sections would be found in that product. Edit to add: you can see the update info on the Change Log . December 19 2022 and October 25 2022 have the info regarding these sections of the sheet being adjusted.

Edited 1676794157
StéphaneD
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi all A few glitches with the recent updates to the D&D5e sheet by Roll20 : 1) There is a check box appearing in the middle of the sheet when you use the Hero Points DMG optional rule Its attribute name is "attr_consumed_hero_points" 2) The new filter for features and traits does not work for me. All the features on the sheet have a source (race, background, class, feat, etc...) but whatever source I select in the dropdown, no filtering occurs, excepted for "Item" which displays an empty repeatable section list. I suspect this happens because having my profile language set to french, the sheet is translated to french, and there must be some issue with that. I would recommend adding value="xxx" attributes to the option sub-elements in the select elements of this area to be independent of the language set. Is this forum monitored by the Roll20 folks or shoud I also post this as an issue to their support center ?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This thread is more-or-less monitored from what I can tell, but not always by the person who would actually work on a feature. The best bet is to file a  Help Center Request , which will create a ticket that will be assigned to a dev or go into a fix-it list for the next time the sheet gets a development pass.
Request: could the CSS for the width of the sheet containers be adjusted to be wider?  It seems as if the default width for most/all of them is set to 188px, but this makes a lot of things very squished, especially when creating custom macros using the built-in templates.   I use the Stylus extension for myself and set the 'width' at 95% and 'max-width' to 300px, and that seems to work perfectly for any messages using the templates. Example - Standard initiative roll without using Stylus (chat avatars on versus off): Using Stylus to make the 'Simple' container wider  (chat avatars on versus off) : Another example - Goblin Scimitar attack without using Stylus   (chat avatars on versus off): Using Stylus to make the 'npcaction' container wider  (chat avatars on versus off) : Here's the Stylus code I'm using for this: div[class^="sheet-rolltemplate"], div > div[class^="sheet-rolltemplate"] > div[class^="sheet-container"], div.sheet-desc {     width: 100% !important;     max-width: 300px;     margin-left: 0px;     margin-right: auto;     text-align: left } div[class^="sheet-rolltemplate"], div > div[class^="sheet-rolltemplate-npcaction"] > div[class^="sheet-container"], div > div[class^="sheet-rolltemplate-spell"] > div[class^="sheet-container"] {     width: 95% !important;     max-width: 300px;     margin-left: 0px;     margin-right: auto; }
Has something changed with the NPC version of the sheet? Can't seem to reference attributes in formula sections anymore.. like @{name}

Edited 1677135581
Gauss
Forum Champion
Kiingy said: Has something changed with the NPC version of the sheet? Can't seem to reference attributes in formula sections anymore.. like @{name} No, nothing has changed. Can you screenshot the settings for the NPC please?  One note though, NPC names are under "npc_name", so you want @{npc_name} . Also, where are you trying to reference the attribute? Collection tab Macro? Ability macro? Somewhere else?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Depending on what you want to display, there are actually three attributes you can call @{selected|npc_name} @{selected|character_name} @{selected|token_name} Depending on where or how you are using it in a macro or ability, you may have to add "selected|" or "target|" in front of the attribute name. The actual name called is displayed here:

Edited 1677189796
Warning Warning Warning Brand New Newbie Question <_DisREGARD Fixed it I just joined Roll20 and I have a Warlock Variant Aasimar Character I created on DNDBeyond that I would like to create here. I have selected several books that have the Aasimar character and everything is pretty much the same but I can't select "Variant Aasimar" only Aasimar(EK or PHB). I'm not upset about that, all the bumps and extra slots seem to come over for the Character cantrips and spells except I cannot select Burning Hands and Command spells for my 2, 1st level Warlock spells that I have on the DNDBeyond character that was created over there. Is there a way to add Burning Hands and Command to the drop down menu of selectable 1st level spells for Warlock? Am I missing a book that would open up the Variant class of Aasimar? Is that why the spells aren't available? I have no idea why I chose such a obscure character to run for my first character but that seems to be how my mind works. Thanks for any help or suggestions. (just one more observation, I noticed when I selected "The Fiend" as the patron in the pop up description to the right it says the 2 spells (burning hands and command) are available as extended spells to chose from but they don't show up in the drop down. Do you think this is a bug that I should submit a bug report?) I'm sorry everyone. I don't know why but my selection of "the Fiend" wasn't STICKING. and when I went to spells, the selection on the previous page was no longer selected. Once I got it to stick, the spells were there in my choices. Ugh

Edited 1677190249
Gauss
Forum Champion
@Tim H. Just a note here, you can manually add anything that you don't have access to in the compendium. Just edit the sheet and type it in. 
<a href="https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360037772613-Change-Log#january-30-2023-0-5" rel="nofollow">https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360037772613-Change-Log#january-30-2023-0-5</a> Implemented a new toggle in game settings on the official D&amp;D 5e sheet to allow GMs to set when the level up button appears on the sheet (remember to 'apply default settings' after making changes for the update to take effect!).&nbsp; I've submitted a bug report, but I want to see if other people are experiencing the same thing. On the character sheets, I see there is a new attribute called&nbsp; 'lv_up_button_mode'.&nbsp;&nbsp; When I change the toggle on the Game Settings page, then go into the game and Apply Default settings (only selecting the checkbox for the 'LEVEL UP BUTTON MODE', that attribute is created with a value for 'Milestone', 'Experience Points', or 'Disabled'. However, I think there are a few problems: 1. Applying the default settings does not remove the existing&nbsp; 'lv_up_button_mode'.&nbsp; It simple creates a new one. But this doesn't seem to be consistent either. Sometimes it creates five. 2. The 'Milestone' setting creates a blank value in the 'current' field for the&nbsp; 'lv_up_button_mode' attribute. I'm also not clear on what the difference is between 'Milestone' and 'Experience Points', as a blank field seems to behave exactly the same as 'xp' in the 'current' field. Or rather, any value except &nbsp;for 'off' will cause the sheet to display the flashing charactermancer icon if there is enough exp for the next level. 3. Making changes to the Game Settings page is inconsistent if you are currently in the game, and/or you don't exit out of the Game Settings page after saving changes.&nbsp; The only way to make changes consistently that I've found is to: 1. Make sure I'm not currently in the game.&nbsp; 2. Open the Game Settings page, make changes, and click the 'Save Changes' button. 3. Exit out of the Game Settings page (and even though I just saved, I get a pop-up message confirming that I want to leave the site and any unsaved changes will be discarded). 4. Open the game. 5. Apply the default game settings. &nbsp;
Newbie Question But When I Use the Monster Stat-Blocks from the Compendium, Two Dice are Always Rolled; Regardless of the Nature of the Roll Being Made. It's Not Even Advantage/Disadvantage and I Can't Figure Out Why Two Rolls are being Made or How to Disable it. The Solution is Probably Obvious But I haven't Been able to Find anything About this On the Forums. See attached Imaged Below. If anyone Knows How to Disable this, Please Tell me I will Be Forever Grateful and Will Gift your First-Born Child with Prophecy.

Edited 1677288786
Gauss
Forum Champion
Epic gamer said: Newbie Question But When I Use the Monster Stat-Blocks from the Compendium, Two Dice are Always Rolled; Regardless of the Nature of the Roll Being Made. It's Not Even Advantage/Disadvantage and I Can't Figure Out Why Two Rolls are being Made or How to Disable it. The Solution is Probably Obvious But I haven't Been able to Find anything About this On the Forums. See attached Imaged Below. If anyone Knows How to Disable this, Please Tell me I will Be Forever Grateful and Will Gift your First-Born Child with Prophecy. Go to the NPC's character sheet Hover over the sheet, top right corner you will see a cog, click it.&nbsp; Scroll down until you see "ROLL QUERIES", change it to the desired setting.&nbsp; Scroll back up and click on the cog again to close it.&nbsp; With that said, many people use the 2 roll method as default and just ignore the right hand roll when it doesn't apply.&nbsp;
... many people use the 2 roll method as default and just ignore the right hand roll when it doesn't apply. With that said, if you are using the roll to make an attack and the left hand roll is a Nat 20 the damage will be calculated as a critical hit even though the right hand roll was only a normal hit. Of course one can look at the roll and subtract the critical part of it.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Keeper of Secrets (KoS) said: ... many people use the 2 roll method as default and just ignore the right hand roll when it doesn't apply. With that said, if you are using the roll to make an attack and the left hand roll is a Nat 20 the damage will be calculated as a critical hit even though the right hand roll was only a normal hit. Of course one can look at the roll and subtract the critical part of it. You don't need to look at the roll and subtract the critical part, just don't add the critical part. They are displayed separately.&nbsp;
My bad.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Keeper of Secrets (KoS) said: My bad. No worries, I just have a lot of experience with it. I switched to always rolling with advantage awhile back because it is faster for me to exclude/include information than to ask myself if I need to turn on advantage/disadvantage before the roll. Or to have a player roll again because they forgot to roll with advantage/disadvantage.&nbsp; Similarly I always have Bless and Guidance turned on on PCs now. :)

Edited 1677431985
Request: Add a new section called 'notes' or similar in the NPC sheet Traits, Actions, Bonus Actions and so on. But it should only be visible in the sheet itself. It would be useful to store information regarding Recharge of certain abilities, without spoiling it to the players when te attack or ability is sent to the chat. I know it is possible to hide the description of the Action, however, that's not what I'm requesting. Another thing that would be useful is a way to track the uses of the traits, actions and so on.

Edited 1677439690
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Mauricio said: Request: Add a new section called 'notes' or similar in the NPC sheet Traits, Actions, Bonus Actions and so on. But it should only be visible in the sheet itself. It would be useful to store information regarding Recharge of certain abilities, without spoiling it to the players when te attack or ability is sent to the chat. I know it is possible to hide the description of the Action, however, that's not what I'm requesting. Another thing that would be useful is a way to track the uses of the traits, actions and so on. Why not just use the Traits section? They are essentially notes. For tracking charges, have you tried using one of the bubbles on the token?
Brian C. said: Mauricio said: Request: Add a new section called 'notes' or similar in the NPC sheet Traits, Actions, Bonus Actions and so on. But it should only be visible in the sheet itself. It would be useful to store information regarding Recharge of certain abilities, without spoiling it to the players when te attack or ability is sent to the chat. I know it is possible to hide the description of the Action, however, that's not what I'm requesting. Another thing that would be useful is a way to track the uses of the traits, actions and so on. Why not just use the Traits section? They are essentially notes. For tracking charges, have you tried using one of the bubbles on the token? Maybe because it would be messy? Having to check information directly next to the Action is much more intuitive, especially in large statblocks. I use bubbles for tracking HP and other attributes. Checkboxes (or something of this sort) next to each Action seem more organized to me.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Mauricio said: Brian C. said: Mauricio said: Request: Add a new section called 'notes' or similar in the NPC sheet Traits, Actions, Bonus Actions and so on. But it should only be visible in the sheet itself. It would be useful to store information regarding Recharge of certain abilities, without spoiling it to the players when te attack or ability is sent to the chat. I know it is possible to hide the description of the Action, however, that's not what I'm requesting. Another thing that would be useful is a way to track the uses of the traits, actions and so on. Why not just use the Traits section? They are essentially notes. For tracking charges, have you tried using one of the bubbles on the token? Maybe because it would be messy? Having to check information directly next to the Action is much more intuitive, especially in large statblocks. I use bubbles for tracking HP and other attributes. Checkboxes (or something of this sort) next to each Action seem more organized to me. As a workaround I use the spells section for keeping track of uses per day on the NPC sheet. Each use gets a line, when a use gets used I remove the red dot next to the line.&nbsp;
Gauss said: Mauricio said: Brian C. said: Mauricio said: Request: Add a new section called 'notes' or similar in the NPC sheet Traits, Actions, Bonus Actions and so on. But it should only be visible in the sheet itself. It would be useful to store information regarding Recharge of certain abilities, without spoiling it to the players when te attack or ability is sent to the chat. I know it is possible to hide the description of the Action, however, that's not what I'm requesting. Another thing that would be useful is a way to track the uses of the traits, actions and so on. Why not just use the Traits section? They are essentially notes. For tracking charges, have you tried using one of the bubbles on the token? Maybe because it would be messy? Having to check information directly next to the Action is much more intuitive, especially in large statblocks. I use bubbles for tracking HP and other attributes. Checkboxes (or something of this sort) next to each Action seem more organized to me. As a workaround I use the spells section for keeping track of uses per day on the NPC sheet. Each use gets a line, when a use gets used I remove the red dot next to the line.&nbsp; That's an interesting way to manage it, I'll certainly try. Though it would be nice to see these things as actual features
Just found out that the features I asked for are already present in the 5e (shaped) sheet. Unfortunately, it is not been developed anymore (as far as I know).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
No, sadly. There are a lot of great ideas in that sheet, but Kryx stopped developing it years ago.
Is there a recommended way to handle Wild Magic Surges in the official 5e sheet? I'd love an attacher for spells that rolls a d20 to determine if there is a surge, and then some kind of API script or table that rolls it? Any suggestions? Thank you.
Gauss
Forum Champion
TheWebCoder &nbsp;said: Is there a recommended way to handle Wild Magic Surges in the official 5e sheet? I'd love an attacher for spells that rolls a d20 to determine if there is a surge, and then some kind of API script or table that rolls it? Any suggestions? Thank you. Could you state the rules involved? I think it can be done without an API script.&nbsp;

Edited 1678582901
The charactermancer template can work if it has 20 options to roll on.&nbsp; &amp;{template:mancerroll} {{title= Wild Magic Surge }} {{c1=[[[[1d20&lt;1]]d20]]}} { {{option1=option1}} {{option2=option2}} {{option3=option3}} {{option4=option4}} {{option5=option5}} {{option6=option6}} {{option7=option7}} {{option8=option8}} {{option9=option9}} {{option10=option10}} {{option11=option11}} {{option12=option12}} {{option13=option13}} {{option14=option14}} {{option15=option15}} {{option16=option16}} {{option17=option17}} {{option18=option18}} {{option19=option19}} {{option20=option20}} Just change the options to the results of the table. Nevermind it is a d100 roll