Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v2.0

Edited 1506461181
My paladins spell slots are wrong. He is level 5 but it says only 3 1st level ones and i can't get it to automatically change (i changed it to level 6 and this sorted it)
Cyrens Maps
Marketplace Creator
Some issues: 1. The global damage modifier doesn't react when you crit.  2. When using custom AC (Like for Barbarian), Stuff that gives +AC (Like Ring of protection) doesn't add to AC.  3. The Companion API does not work at all anymore. No ammocounting, no auto deathsave counter, no spellslot counter. Love:  The new way of adding features! So elegant and awesome! <3 Hate: That it broke all spells for npcs in the 50 dollar module ToA. That really sucks and you really should have thought about getting ready an update for that to be released at the same time. Shame... *Bell*
Elvira (Jesper) said: Some issues: 1. The global damage modifier doesn't react when you crit.  2. When using custom AC (Like for Barbarian), Stuff that gives +AC (Like Ring of protection) doesn't add to AC.  3. The Companion API does not work at all anymore. No ammocounting, no auto deathsave counter, no spellslot counter. Love:  The new way of adding features! So elegant and awesome! <3 Hate: That it broke all spells for npcs in the 50 dollar module ToA. That really sucks and you really should have thought about getting ready an update for that to be released at the same time. Shame... *Bell* I believe they are going to release a fix for the modules very quickly
Hey, I have been playing around with character sheets that existed before this update. I've been changing some setting around so my players would have an easier time transitioning over to the new format, but periodically the session I am in crashes. Is it something I'm doing? Is it because some spells are not under their appropriate spell slot? (Ex. My warlock knows Mage Armor as a cantrip from his ELDRITCH INVOCATION: ARMOR OF SHADOWS) UPDATE: I have left the session open in the background and clicked back to it after 20 minutes and the page immediately crashed, so I really have no idea what is causing it to crash. It was fine before this update. I'd like to resolve this issue, please.
Did... did this update seriously just wipe _all_ of my NPCs?? All of their spells and stuff are gone, which is fine for stuff in roll20 but I had a TON of homebrew stuff, creatures _and_ spells that I all did manually. And stuff from Volo's (which I own already and don't want to pay for on roll20) and other stuff that I put in manually. God, I'm sure this is just a glitch or there's a simple fix, right? ...Right? I've tried going through and switching things to 'Simple' but that did nothing.
Kaleton said: Did... did this update seriously just wipe _all_ of my NPCs?? All of their spells and stuff are gone, which is fine for stuff in roll20 but I had a TON of homebrew stuff, creatures _and_ spells that I all did manually. And stuff from Volo's (which I own already and don't want to pay for on roll20) and other stuff that I put in manually. God, I'm sure this is just a glitch or there's a simple fix, right? ...Right? I've tried going through and switching things to 'Simple' but that did nothing. That is the biggest question of everyone
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Quick update: NPC Spell sections should be showing again, with a note saying the section is deprecated and spells should be moved to the new complete spell section. The template-desc should now have proper formatting with the official D&D styling The new previousValue and newValue sheetworker eventinfo fields should now be populating correctly. This was causing some items to not add or remove bonuses correctly. The label for SLOTS EXPENDED has been replaced with SLOTS REMAINING to fit the new behavior.
Steve K. said: Quick update: NPC Spell sections should be showing again, with a note saying the section is deprecated and spells should be moved to the new complete spell section. The template-desc should now have proper formatting with the official D&D styling The new previousValue and newValue sheetworker eventinfo fields should now be populating correctly. This was causing some items to not add or remove bonuses correctly. The label for SLOTS EXPENDED has been replaced with SLOTS REMAINING to fit the new behavior. Great work on fixing those problems. I was wanting to use an Oni and didn't want to have to do all that work again.

Edited 1506553199
So we get the lists back, but still have to manually transfer them? This is still a pain, but at least everything isn't gone.

Edited 1506467184
Please change SPELLS page to read "SLOTS REMAINING" not "SLOTS EXPENDED" . Its counts down so its wrong **sorry it is fixed...Thanks!!

Edited 1506466143
Would it be possible to have it so we could drag the old stuff down into the new section? That'd shave off so much time.  Is the now 'defunct' section ever going to be deleted...?  Because if not, I'd like to just never redo all of my work.

Edited 1506466070
Jan
Pro
I've been playing around with the new spell functions and I'm curious as to what the "Partial" option in the Include Spell Description In Attack selection is supposed to show? At the moment, whenever its selected, it's no different from having it "Off".  Edit: I've just tried it with thunderwave and now there is text in the description. How can I change what's include in the "Partial" option?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Jan said: I've been playing around with the new spell functions and I'm curious as to what the "Partial" option in the Include Spell Description In Attack selection is supposed to show? At the moment, whenever its selected, it's no different from having it "Off".  Edit: I've just tried it with thunderwave and now there is text in the description. How can I change what's include in the "Partial" option? The "Partial" option will include whether or not the spell is an attack and if so what kind ranged/melee, and it will include the spell's target if any. At this time you cannot customize it.
Steve K. said: Jan said: I've been playing around with the new spell functions and I'm curious as to what the "Partial" option in the Include Spell Description In Attack selection is supposed to show? At the moment, whenever its selected, it's no different from having it "Off".  Edit: I've just tried it with thunderwave and now there is text in the description. How can I change what's include in the "Partial" option? The "Partial" option will include whether or not the spell is an attack and if so what kind ranged/melee, and it will include the spell's target if any. At this time you cannot customize it. I see! Thanks.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greg C. said: Please change SPELLS page to read "SLOTS REMAINING" not "SLOTS EXPENDED" . Its counts down so its wrong This was updated earlier today with the quick update I shared earlier in this thread. If you're not seeing it I suggest clearing your cache.
is there any way to put a roll onto the feature and traits entries? say Goliaths stone endurance ability
Andrew P. said: is there any way to put a roll onto the feature and traits entries? say Goliaths stone endurance ability All you have to do is put the roll inside inline calculations([[1d12]])
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Andrew P. said: is there any way to put a roll onto the feature and traits entries? say Goliaths stone endurance ability You can use an inline roll.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Congrats on the updated OGL sheet.  Is the new "drop anywhere" compendium feature available to other sheets or is this a 5e compendium to 5e OGL sheet exclusive?  Thanks  
Is there a list for all possible item-mod-field entries? Just entered "sleight_of_hand bonus: 5", which worked but it did not update the skill when unequiping or deleting the item. (Works fine with the other skills I tested)
desc template is still not working for macros that include rolls. I scrolled up to check old rolls too, and they also have the same formatting problem.
Bluh, I had token macros for all my npcs so I didn't need to open their character sheets for attacks and since it checks for a new value I'm gonna need to spend some time getting those working again
Why is there no option to have multiple global damage modifiers, have them crit and rename them?  Currently, for a ranger with colossus slayer and hunter's mark it would require them to update it every time they roll and one or the other does not apply since there is only one box. Also it shows as "global damage modifier" under the damage roll instead of Hunter's Mark or Collosus Slayer and when the attack is a crit the dies do not get doubled.
Jip said: Why is there no option to have multiple global damage modifiers, have them crit and rename them?  Currently, for a ranger with colossus slayer and hunter's mark it would require them to update it every time they roll and one or the other does not apply since there is only one box. Also it shows as "global damage modifier" under the damage roll instead of Hunter's Mark or Collosus Slayer and when the attack is a crit the dies do not get doubled. Why not make a macro for that until they come up with a fix?
Steve K. said: Quick update: NPC Spell sections should be showing again, with a note saying the section is deprecated and spells should be moved to the new complete spell section. I can't transfer any spells by dragging and dropping from the old spells section to the new spells section. Is there some specific way you intended this transfer to be done?
NPCs spells don't seem to take into account the proficiency bonus of my monsters, I have a CR 10 monster with spells, and it only adds +2 from proficiency when it should add +4 to DCs and Spell attacks.

Edited 1506480009
Helz
Plus
Putting a damage type on global damage modifier is not working, also I think It should be better if you could change the name in the plate to fit your actual feature. it shows: "Slashing Global Damage Modifier" it would be cooler if we were able to make it show: "Necrotic Hex" That said. I think the idea of implementing Global Damage Modifiers is great!!
Hello I am having problems with monster cantrip damage, no matter what I change it only rolls base damage. 
Bug report: the crit for Global Damage Modifier is broken. =]
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Vince said: Congrats on the updated OGL sheet.  Is the new "drop anywhere" compendium feature available to other sheets or is this a 5e compendium to 5e OGL sheet exclusive?  Thanks   There's nothing about the process the 5E OGL sheet used that couldn't be replicated by others. 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Steve K. said: Vince said: Congrats on the updated OGL sheet.  Is the new "drop anywhere" compendium feature available to other sheets or is this a 5e compendium to 5e OGL sheet exclusive?  Thanks   There's nothing about the process the 5E OGL sheet used that couldn't be replicated by others.  Sweet.  Thanks
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Tim S. said: Is there a list for all possible item-mod-field entries? Just entered "sleight_of_hand bonus: 5", which worked but it did not update the skill when unequiping or deleting the item. (Works fine with the other skills I tested) These will be included on the 5E OGL Wiki page when it's finished being updated.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Caelen said: I can't transfer any spells by dragging and dropping from the old spells section to the new spells section. Is there some specific way you intended this transfer to be done? The repeating sections aren't compatible. You must add your spells manually, or re-import them from the compendium. 

Edited 1506482282
1. The update was a surprise; it would have been nice to have had better warning about it before it happened. I'm sad to see that so many GMs and players have lost huge chunks of their own work. 2. PROBLEM: Drag & Drop doesn't seem to work at all for either Features & Traits or Proficiencies . Nothing happens except the whole screen grays out. There don't seem to be any entries for individual features anywhere in the Compendium. Maybe there is a way, but it's not obvious, even to an experienced player. 3. BUG: Personality Traits , etc., lose any line breaks when edit mode is closed via the new gear icon. 4. BUG: Please follow these steps: * Drag & Drop  crossbow bolts onto Equipment list; Encumbrance updates properly; new Resource box is created properly. * Change the quantity in the Resource box; Encumbrance fails to update. * Delete quantity and name in Resource box; add new Resource double box line -- that line now cannot be deleted. * Go back to Equipment list; delete the crossbow bolts line; the blank Resource line now disappears. 5. BUG: Only if Auto Roll Damage & Crit setting is on -- in Attacks & Spellcasting --  if neither attack nor damage is checked, the macro aborts; but if  Auto Roll Damage & Crit setting is off, there's no problem. This occurred in the previous version, too. I've made these to print frequently used text and, yes, there are other ways; but this still should not occur in the code -- it might cause other issues. Thank you for all the hard work you've done to update this sheet for us all! :-D
Hi! Overall, I really do love the sheet but I am having some concerns/issues with NPCs and pre-existing spells. A lot of spells do not exist in the roll20 compendium and the newest update put a warning of "This section is now deprecated" under the Spells. Does this mean that I will have to manually type in all the missing/custom spells that I've created for the NPCs? I've tried transferring/clicking&dragging/etc over (like what the blurb suggested) but template will not let me move the spells to the new format. If I do not transfer them in time, will all the spells under the old format disappear? Can you please help me with this Thank you!
"Magic Caster Level" does not interact with the rules correctly, and does not allow flexibility to work for all situations. 1) Magic Caster Level sets the Spell Slots Available NPC spellcasters must use the new "Magic Caster Level" to input their caster level. This now set the number of spell slots available per level, which works for standard NPCs with spells, but not for a creature like a Dragon, who does not follow the basic rules for spellcasters. (They get access to a number of spells equal to their Charisma modifier and each spell can be as high as 1/4 of their CR.) 2) Magic Caster Level controls proficiency bonus, but that should be set by the monster CR. The magic caster level now incorrectly sets the proficiency bonus of the spells to match the value associated with that level. Example: Archmage is a CR 12 monster. His proficiency is +4. His intellect is +5. He should have +9 to hit with spells and 8(base)+9 = 17 DC for spell effects. His caster level is 18 however, and this sets his DC to 19 and his spell attack bonus to +11 because the proficiency is being bumped up to +6 by that caster level.
Theodore S. said: Jip said: Why is there no option to have multiple global damage modifiers, have them crit and rename them?  Currently, for a ranger with colossus slayer and hunter's mark it would require them to update it every time they roll and one or the other does not apply since there is only one box. Also it shows as "global damage modifier" under the damage roll instead of Hunter's Mark or Collosus Slayer and when the attack is a crit the dies do not get doubled. Why not make a macro for that until they come up with a fix? I have macros currently, I thought the point of this update was to make those macros obsolete.
I'm getting errors with the ritual flag.  e.g. @{repeating_spell-1_$0_spellritualflag} Did that change in the new sheet?

Edited 1506487136
My campaign will no longer load (It is fairly large, with several months worth of development in it). I assume it is attempting to update every character sheet (of which there are many). I have a session coming up in <24 hours with no time to troubleshoot it. Really wish there would be a version selector for updates so I create one time copies and can fix things beforehand. *Update: No big deal in this instance, campaign eventually updated and everything is good! *Should probably keep a monthly backup of my own bigger campaign just in case going forward though....
Thanks. Updating the traits to "simple" fixed my problem. I would prefer not breaking things would be the default behavior after an update, instead of making the compendium the new default, but I understand "progress" must move forward (sigh). 

Edited 1506492010
Michael F. said: When dropping spells on to a sheet from the compendium if you have any other sheets open beneath the first sheet the spell will be added to all of them. This is happening with anything you drop - if you have multiple sheets open and drop and item/spell/feature - it adds to all open sheets. Edit: Minimizing a sheet stops it from being dropped onto it, it's only the open sheets that this occurs. I can see this being a pain for a GM when prepping (I normally prep encounters in one go, so have multiple sheets open as i test things, ensure macros are working, and add abilities).

Edited 1506489709
Jip said: Why is there no option to have multiple global damage modifiers, have them crit and rename them?  Currently, for a ranger with colossus slayer and hunter's mark it would require them to update it every time they roll and one or the other does not apply since there is only one box. Also it shows as "global damage modifier" under the damage roll instead of Hunter's Mark or Collosus Slayer and when the attack is a crit the dies do not get doubled. Ooooh, Good spot - totally missed that the global damage modifier doesn't follow the Crit rules. If possible we need the dice here to double (following Crit rules) and the text for GLOBAL DAMAGE MODIFIER to be replaced with the name (that we put in square brackets) or allowing us to just have a free text field to add here. What you can do though for multiple damage bonuses is to just write them as you would in the chat box - for my Ranger I have 1d6[Hunters mark]+4[Favoured Enemy] - this rolls correctly except for not doubling the 1d6 on a Crit.
Joel M. said: Jip said: Why is there no option to have multiple global damage modifiers, have them crit and rename them?  Currently, for a ranger with colossus slayer and hunter's mark it would require them to update it every time they roll and one or the other does not apply since there is only one box. Also it shows as "global damage modifier" under the damage roll instead of Hunter's Mark or Collosus Slayer and when the attack is a crit the dies do not get doubled. Ooooh, Good spot - totally missed that the global damage modifier doesn't follow the Crit rules. If possible we need the dice here to double (following Crit rules) and the text for GLOBAL DAMAGE MODIFIER to be replaced with the name (that we put in square brackets) or allowing us to just have a free text field to add here. What you can do though for multiple damage bonuses is to just write them as you would in the chat box - for my Ranger I have 1d6[Hunters mark]+4[Favoured Enemy] - this rolls correctly except for not doubling the 1d6 on a Crit. Yeah, but I prefer not to have my players have to edit the text every time they roll just in case colossus slayer or hunter's mark does not apply. That takes away the convenience aspect of this addition, which to me seems like the whole point.
Jip said: Joel M. said: Jip said: Why is there no option to have multiple global damage modifiers, have them crit and rename them?  Currently, for a ranger with colossus slayer and hunter's mark it would require them to update it every time they roll and one or the other does not apply since there is only one box. Also it shows as "global damage modifier" under the damage roll instead of Hunter's Mark or Collosus Slayer and when the attack is a crit the dies do not get doubled. Ooooh, Good spot - totally missed that the global damage modifier doesn't follow the Crit rules. If possible we need the dice here to double (following Crit rules) and the text for GLOBAL DAMAGE MODIFIER to be replaced with the name (that we put in square brackets) or allowing us to just have a free text field to add here. What you can do though for multiple damage bonuses is to just write them as you would in the chat box - for my Ranger I have 1d6[Hunters mark]+4[Favoured Enemy] - this rolls correctly except for not doubling the 1d6 on a Crit. Yeah, but I prefer not to have my players have to edit the text every time they roll just in case colossus slayer or hunter's mark does not apply. That takes away the convenience aspect of this addition, which to me seems like the whole point. I think if we could have 2 or 3 of the damage fields, it would be nice - that way I can leave Favoured Enemy checked, but toggle Hunters mark option on/off, etc. For now though, changing the text at least lets me delete 10 custom entries in my attacks and spelcasting section on Rangers and Rogues.
I dont think NPC's are getting there dex bonus on initiative rolls? all i try say +0
Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
First off, I love the new character sheets. But I have a question. In Wizards of the Coast modules like Tomb of Annihilation, will the NPC's have their spell lists updated? Or do we have to go through them all, and add spells for each and every one of them?
Thanks for the update, mildly stressful but I like all the new features. Now with regards to all the spells on my NPCs, do I have to convert them over now- will their spell list 'vanish' at some point unless I move everything over? 

Edited 1506503885
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
Hey! I think this update looks pretty cool, but we're experiencing a weird glitch were some entries in the chat don't display the template properly. Everything looks fine when we open the campaign, but as soon as a button is clicked, nothing happens except that the chat changes to this. EDIT: If I open the chat log, everything looks fine. It just doesn't work in the chat window for some reason.