Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Transmogrifier allow copying of folders

Score + 515
Now we have the new 5E SRD integration (which is great!), and I have a growing number of monsters stored in a "monster" folder. However, if I want to create a new campaign, I need to copy each one using the transmogrified. We really need the ability to copy folders. F
I echo this. I also put in a  similar request  for a search field in the transformigifer.

Edited 1473541857
+1.  I'd also love to quickly copy over my playlists.
+1 
+1
+1 I would greatly appreciate this being a feature! :)

Edited 1490759735
+1 Yes please, it shouldn't be too hard to implement There's also a few duplicates of this suggestion like&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1909237/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1909237/</a>
+1 for sure.&nbsp; It would also be ideal if these folders can be opened/collapsed on the transmorgifier screen as well, since the list can get pretty long.
+1. Pretty much the fact that the transmog does not do this is the only reason I have not gone Pro. Do it roll20 and take my money!

Edited 1493003632
+1. Additionally, I wish you could copy macros over with the transmogrifier too. This seems to be a definite oversight in what is otherwise an amazing feature.
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes, it's getting hard to find what you want when transmogrifying...
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ulti said: Yes, it's getting hard to find what you want when transmogrifying... As a work around you can use the browsers 'find' function to quickly reach the things you want to move but there ideally needs to be a better system for sure! +1
+1 When you have over 20 playlists and over 500 soundtracks, dragging them all over one by one and re-sorting them is a pain!
+1 I upgraded my subscription BECAUSE of transmogrifier, and was so annoyed to find out I couldn't copy folders.
+1
+1
+1...I just bought Rise of Tiamat and want to transfer the content to my active game. It is a nightmare with the current transmogrifier implementation.
Pleaseeee...... +1
Antilles said: +1...I just bought Rise of Tiamat and want to transfer the content to my active game. It is a nightmare with the current transmogrifier implementation. Same
CrusaderElly said: +1 When you have over 20 playlists and over 500 soundtracks, dragging them all over one by one and re-sorting them is a pain! This. So much this. I just set up a new campaign the other day. Setting up all the tokens, macros, and APIs took about 15 minutes total. Setting up all my music again took about an hour.
+1
Yes plz. This needs to happen. Bump and +1
:( +1
+1 bump. need.
Great feature request... two years old though and still do not have.&nbsp; Wish we had some sort of road map of what is actually on the todo.&nbsp; Is there one?&nbsp; How do we know if the number of up votes actual translates into action by the dev team?
Yup, I keep a "My Monsters" game that also includes spell effect tokens and whatnot. Being able to bring those over easily to new games would really be nice.
Kyle, I take a similar approach and whenever I start a new game, I just copy my main "My Monsters" (equivalent) game and use that. But regardless, we still need this suggestion!
+1. I just upgraded to Pro in large part for the transmogrifier, and it never occurred to me that it wouldn't &nbsp;support copying entire folders.
Bacon Awesome said: +1. I just upgraded to Pro in large part for the transmogrifier, and it never occurred to me that it wouldn't &nbsp;support copying entire folders. +1 Also. Just did the exact same thing.
Surok
Roll20 Production Team
+1 We wantss it...
I keep a personal "monster manual" game of monsters I've created myself (i.e. not from the compendium), and it's well organized. Sure would be nice to make use of that organization.
+1
+1 I would still like for this to happen
This, so this. Spending hours making playlists and then not being able to copy them is death.
+1 Yes Please, this is a most!!!!!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
+1
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
The area this tends to affect me the most is music. Often I create playlists with tons of songs or sound files in a game, and then want those same options in a new game that I'm about to start. Transmogrifier helps to move those around, but it is always out of order and really frustrating to have to reorganize every new game. I am usually not mass copying in most other areas, so having to drag a few character sheets around isn't terrible. But I can imagine situations where I might want to copy lots of notes or something, and again having the option to move a folder rather than just one file at a time that I then have to reorganize would be incredibly helpful.
As someone who helps run an insanely large campaign (over 100 players, 6000+ journal entries, 4000+ maps) we already have to break apart a lot of things in our campaign so that it will actually function on R20 at all.&nbsp; Being able to easily copy over a folder of journals with the transmog system would be extremely useful, to the point where I would likely immediately upgrade to pro. It should also, ideally, come with some way to select folders when trying to transmog.&nbsp; Having to look through thousands of journals (even alphabetized) is really annoying.&nbsp; Our short term fix is to have players put an * in front of their name when they are to be transferred to another campaign (which we use several linked together due to roll20 limitations on maps), but it would be nice to be able to not have to jerry-rig a system for it.
+1 I would love to have this option as well. I am currently facing the issue where I need to move a bunch of character sheets. One by one is a pain...
+1 here as well. I've been using a single game where I create all my custom content, and then copy it out to my active campaigns - would be nice to be able to do some of the work in bulk.
+1 -- not to necro this but I think its a feature that 1000% needs to be added.
I too have asked for this. This is needed ^^&nbsp; Want folders

Edited 1559828421
Davemania
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The transmogrifier could do with some enhancements. This suggestion and&nbsp; the one to allow searching and sorting &nbsp;really need to be implemented imo. If you have a vote and have not voted that one up, do it! Let's make sure we're reaching our full vote potential in both threads!
+1
Please let us know if this is at least being thought about Devs. :'(&nbsp;
+1 This NEEDS to happen. I started creating a campaign world encyclopedia thinking I could use the transmogrifier to bring it into all my active campaigns when I'm done making the information on the encyclopedia. Didn't occur to me I'd have to recreate the folder structure and copy each individual item one at a time! How is this NOT a feature already? And how was this requested 3 years ago with no answer at all?
This seriously needs to happen, and it's been recommened to happen for 2 years....
Adding a plus one!
+1. It is quite disheartening, though, to realise that even basic functions have not been taken into account...after years from the original post!!!!
+1 Yes, Needed Badly. Will shave HOURS off of prep weekly