Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[New] D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Greg B. said: So i've ran into this issue again with the lack of name, some of my players share the same computer and use it to control both of their characters so when I ask for a perception roll I get two rolls but do not know which one belongs to whom. I've updated to the latest sheet but sadly I do see some of these name wrapping issues as well. Anyway to find a way to put the name in as a sub header and keep the rest of the data the same no matter if the name is present or not? Also how about a global option somewhere to be able to enforce names rather than having to change it on a sheet by sheet basis? I can force names to their own line - that's really the only way to avoid the wrapping. In that case it just forces the wrapping always. Otherwise I'd have to truncate the name at a certain length. Global settings don't exist. Settings have to be set on every sheet. Nothing I can do about that unfortunately. :(

Edited 1432504922
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
24th May 2015 Weapons can now run chat commands on each roll. Courtesy of Jeff S.(jjsheets on github).
Mark said: 24th May 2015 Weapons can now run chat commands on each roll. Courtesy of Jason H.(jjsheets on github). I think you might mean Jeff S. :)
Mark said: Greg B. said: So i've ran into this issue again with the lack of name, some of my players share the same computer and use it to control both of their characters so when I ask for a perception roll I get two rolls but do not know which one belongs to whom. I've updated to the latest sheet but sadly I do see some of these name wrapping issues as well. Anyway to find a way to put the name in as a sub header and keep the rest of the data the same no matter if the name is present or not? Also how about a global option somewhere to be able to enforce names rather than having to change it on a sheet by sheet basis? I can force names to their own line - that's really the only way to avoid the wrapping. In that case it just forces the wrapping always. Otherwise I'd have to truncate the name at a certain length. Global settings don't exist. Settings have to be set on every sheet. Nothing I can do about that unfortunately. :( What about a setting inside the script that could do it? Similar to the way the "Hidden" rolls are setup?

Edited 1432505776
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jason H. said: I think you might mean Jeff S. :) Yup. Fixt. Greg B. said: What about a setting inside the script that could do it? Similar to the way the "Hidden" rolls are setup? Not everyone is a mentor and can change their code. Even then that would require everyone to modify the script every time they update it. Not a good option. Scripts can't communicate with the HTML either so not a good option there. This is an issue that roll20 will hopefully eventually offer some kind option.
Quick question for you users: what values do you put for bar1, bar2 and bar3? I have bar1 as HP and bar2 as ac. Curious as to what you guys have them set to. Also, do you put any formulas in the boxes? Thanks for sharing :)
Mark said: Greg B. said: So i've ran into this issue again with the lack of name, some of my players share the same computer and use it to control both of their characters so when I ask for a perception roll I get two rolls but do not know which one belongs to whom. I've updated to the latest sheet but sadly I do see some of these name wrapping issues as well. Anyway to find a way to put the name in as a sub header and keep the rest of the data the same no matter if the name is present or not? Also how about a global option somewhere to be able to enforce names rather than having to change it on a sheet by sheet basis? I can force names to their own line - that's really the only way to avoid the wrapping. In that case it just forces the wrapping always. Otherwise I'd have to truncate the name at a certain length. Global settings don't exist. Settings have to be set on every sheet. Nothing I can do about that unfortunately. :( +1 to the own line. Thanks.
Is there a way to use the calculated numbers on the sheet (like DEX modifier or proficiency bonus) in Roll20 formulas, so I can have a class action auto calculate things like Spell Save DC?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Greg B. said: +1 to the own line. Thanks. Anyone object to/support name on its own line? Otherwise I'll do it. @Egg: You can use one of the following for ease: @{arcane_trickster_spell_dc} @{bard_spell_dc} @{cleric_spell_dc} @{druid_spell_dc} @{eldritch_knight_spell_dc} @{paladin_spell_dc} @{ranger_spell_dc} @{sorcerer_spell_dc} @{warlock_spell_dc} @{wizard_spell_dc} If you want to calculate it yourself: @{base_spell_dc} @{strength_mod} @{dexterity_mod} @{constitution_mod} @{intelligence_mod} @{wisdom_mod} @{charisma_mod} Proficiency: @{PB} @{exp} (expertise) @{h_PB} (half prof)
Could you get rid of the stat section on the left? Not sure it serves a purpose when you already have a much smaller stats section already that you could add to and maybe expand horinzontally slightly?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It is how it is to match the paper sheet . Their design is quite nice. I thought about integrating the check in with the abilities, but it looked a bit dirty. Plus you're viewing it in a really wide version. Shrink it to the default size and you'll see that there is not anywhere that amount of room.
Mark said: It is how it is to match the paper sheet . Their design is quite nice. I thought about integrating the check in with the abilities, but it looked a bit dirty. Plus you're viewing it in a really wide version. Shrink it to the default size and you'll see that there is not anywhere that amount of room. Fair enough. Here's what I was hoping a rejiggered sheet might look like (imagine the whitespace at the right would be collapsed): Maybe I'll fork your sheet and try =P. EDIT: No, turns out I won't. I just forked the repository on github and the mark up of the character sheets.. is ... is... thank you for dealing with that level of non-templated markup. I appreciate all you do and won't bug you with requests again. =)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I do like the idea of tinkering around with the core page, but stop killing my heart! :( The ability modifier is not shown in your revamped version. What you're showing is the ability check total which is different. Plus it's not very prominent even if it were the modifier. The default character journal is 900 pixels wide. 860 for the character sheet after removing padding. 850 after removing padding on the sheet itself. The sheet should be designed around that default width, not a smaller one. I'd love a better solution for abilities and modifiers - I've tried to come up with a better design several times. :(
I see why you are right now. If you have fixed width pixels on the character sheet, then my suggestions aren't really leading toward an improvement. Thank you very much for informing me of the constraints. I was shooting from the hip when I made my suggestion and didn't realize the amount of labor (of love) that must have gone and goes into your creation and maintenance of your character sheet. Forgive my impertinence.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Don't apologize! You actually inspired me to shrink the heart. I just did it now. Please do share your ideas - I'm just explaining the situation of how your current proposal would remove functionality. The sheet isn't fixed, but there is a default width and I do limit the sheet'd width from going below 834. We shouldn't design the core page to be based on 700 or 1100 for instance - it should be mainly designed around the default. Weapons should be "above the fold" imo - they are more important than spells, damage vulnerabilities, and bonuses. That's why they're on the right. I really would like to simplify the design for the abilities. And initiative - both are not great.

Edited 1432851084
Mark, The Character sheet was upgraded to the sheet version from May 26th. On this sheet there is supposed to be the functionality to have the Ammo auto-deducted when a ranged attack is fired. When The ammo is selected and the auto is selected the amount displayed in the attack roll shows 1 less than the amount that is listed in the ammo slot for the weapon. When the attack is made an additional time, the ammo is not reduced a 2nd time unless you manually reduce it. It appears that the auto functionality does a -1 on the amount listed in the Ammo slot, but does not actually reduce the ammo by one. Therefore you have to manually reduce the ammo by -1 for it to display an additional reduction. Is this a bug or am I not setting things up correctly?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tony N. said: It appears that the auto functionality does a -1 on the amount listed in the Ammo slot, but does not actually reduce the ammo by one. Therefore you have to manually reduce the ammo by -1 for it to display an additional reduction. Is this a bug or am I not setting things up correctly? You need to have my script installed for it to work. I mentioned this above. I should also note it in a tooltip. @Kirk: nothing has changed for actions in several weeks now. It should not wipe any of your monsters.
Question. I love you added the Initiative option: Don't. Cause I will not add your character sheets to tokens. It takes the browsers about 30 seconds to get one token hooked up. For some reason it hangs for about 10-15 seconds when you select a character sheet. Then when you close the token setting page it takes another 10-15 seconds. That almost 30 seconds just to hook up one token. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it just javascript being slow?
Is there a way to trigger the quick action buttons from within a macro? Say, for instance, if I want to be able to set up a bunch of different monster sheets with their action 1, and action 2 set up, and then set up a macro that I can use to select a token and trigger whatever is set up as, say, attack 1.
@{selected|output_option} &{template:5eDefault} {{action=1}} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} @{selected|show_character_name} {{title=@{selected|repeating_actions_0_name}}} {{action_type=@{selected|repeating_actions_0_type}}} @{selected|repeating_actions_0_macro_options} replace these Three parts with the number corresponding to actions_0 to the action it is. Example the first action in the list is 0, second is 1 actions_0_name actions_0_type actions_0_macro Then Select a token and press your macro, bam! This is only for NPC sheets action
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
David C. said: It takes the browsers about 30 seconds to get one token hooked up. For some reason it hangs for about 10-15 seconds when you select a character sheet. Then when you close the token setting page it takes another 10-15 seconds. That almost 30 seconds just to hook up one token. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it just javascript being slow? I have never had this issue. Not is the sheet related to the token unless it is linked. Nothing I can fix. Maybe make a bug, but it sounds very vague. You'd likely have to record it. @Daniel: I'd recommend you not copy David's example. Instead you should use: %{selected|repeating_actions_0_action} that way it will always stay updated with the character sheet.
Thanks Mark. I didn't know about the %, that is 100% better. I saw that as the roll type input in the source, But couldn't figure out how roll20 would let me call that. You rock. Also I love the character sheet. I hope the lag is purely on myside so hopefully I can fix it. Here is a video I recorded. Also when i click save changes I am moving my mouse around, not just clicking save changes repeatedly, it doesn't show the cursor movements on the recording when it locks up. <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJgYR3MvHwc" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJgYR3MvHwc</a>
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kalanosh said: I saw that as the roll type input in the source, But couldn't figure out how roll20 would let me call that. You rock. Normally repeating sections cannot be called, but it is only repeating in name so it works. :) You should definitely post that video in the bug forum. I sometimes have lag, but no where near that bad.
Mark said: @Daniel: I'd recommend you not copy David's example. Instead you should use: %{selected|repeating_actions_0_action} that way it will always stay updated with the character sheet. Fantastic! Thanks
I love this sheet. My only current request (that I am sure is coming) is to have the Class Abilities macros for Melee and Ranged attacks work with the 'New' weapon style.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mark Y. said: I love this sheet. My only current request (that I am sure is coming) is to have the Class Abilities macros for Melee and Ranged attacks work with the 'New' weapon style. Thanks! Adding that to my todo. I should be able to finish that before my vacation.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
29th May 2015 Class actions work on new weapons Character name is on its own line on the roll template now
Can someone tell me how the ammo part works. I get that I need "A Script" and I am assuming it is the "Shaped Script" script.I have that loaded. Now what?

Edited 1432955722
Robert, read this: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1734923/#post-1985437" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1734923/#post-1985437</a> and this: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1816031/#post-2012536" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1816031/#post-2012536</a>
Sergio P. said: Robert, read this: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1734923/#post-1985437" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1734923/#post-1985437</a> and this: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1816031/#post-2012536" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1816031/#post-2012536</a> Still don't get it
Robert N. said: Sergio P. said: Robert, read this: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1734923/#post-1985437" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1734923/#post-1985437</a> and this: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1816031/#post-2012536" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1816031/#post-2012536</a> Still don't get it I found the line in the script but the weapon section of the sheet does not have buttons.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robert N. said: Those are the old weapons. Toggle "Melee" and "Ranged" at the top for the new weapons.

Edited 1432991305
Ok I am up to this point. with the old weapon slots we could put "%{Shayleen|RangedAttack1}" in actions can we do the same with the new? what are they named if true?

Edited 1432993612
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robert N. said: Ok I am up to this point. with the old weapon slots we could put "%{Shayleen|RangedAttack1}" in actions can we do the same with the new? what are they named if true? %{repeating_weapons_melee_0_weapon} %{repeating_weapons_ranged_0_weapon} 0-6. You can use selected or the character name.
Working like a champ. Thank you
In class action how would I add in teh macro section to give a +2 to hit?
Don't suppose you are willing to change the default whisper to DM function of monster rolls to public? :D I always end up changing that myself.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robert N. said: In class action how would I add in teh macro section to give a +2 to hit? If you're talking about weapons you should add it in the Bonuses & Penalties section. Saevar L. said: Don't suppose you are willing to change the default whisper to DM function of monster rolls to public? :D I always end up changing that myself. It has been default to have the NPC sheet whispered to the GM since the default sheet. If I were to change that then there would be 10 other GMs who use that default. They would definitely not appreciate it if I changed the default.
Bonuses & Penalties section does not seem to be working for. I added it to each weapon for now.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robert N. said: Bonuses & Penalties section does not seem to be working for. I added it to each weapon for now. It was working for melee. Ranged was using melee. I have fixed that now. I've also removed bonuses & penalties from secondary damage. You'll have to pull the latest from Github.
Mark said: Stonecold913 said: Just wondering why I can't edit the core stats on the current merged version of your sheet. Sheet version: 10th Apr 2015 works for me on Chrome. I can edit everything on the core page. You'll have to be more specific. If you are refering to <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1885521/character-sheets-on-chrome-are-blank" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1885521/character-sheets-on-chrome-are-blank</a> then that's the other 5e sheet. Black Falcon said: Mark - I am having some major performance issues with your sheet. There is a considerable delay between when I open a sheet and when I make changes to the edit portion. Has anyone else experienced this? I am thinking that I might take your current sheet and make a custom sheet - eliminating the old NPC section unless you are planning on doing this in the future. I also want to know if you still have major additions still coming as i don't want to make a custom sheet and have to keep adding your new additions. With the latest html/css dated 25th Apr (forgot to update the date) I do not see any delay at all on the character sheet itself. When you say "the edit portion" do you mean the screen to edit the name, avatar, reference, bio & info, GM Notes? If that's the case that section has nothing to do with the character sheet and shortening the character sheet wouldn't fix it. I too get a large amount of lag on the edit page when I copy/paste. Roll20 in general seems to significantly lag when copy/pasting. Old Sections: I plan to eventually remove these old sections, but if I do it too quickly it will be problematic. They still work and are nice references if you had a lot of NPCs from before. The old NPC section is only ~1300 lines of HTML. I doubt that would cause any issues. Future plans: The sheet will definitely continuously change/improve. My current plans: Implement nested inline rolls Tooltip all the things I've been redoing Aaron's Torch script to have a less crazy flicker. Will likely release this at some point. New Weapons tab PC importer script Spell importer script Have you done something currently that might effect Aaron's Torch script if I have it loaded now?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robert N. said: Have you done something currently that might effect Aaron's Torch script if I have it loaded now? This character sheet does not contain scripts, no. Nor do my scripts include torch. I have a separate script for torch which is a fork of Aaron's, but I've stopped using it as it causes my scripts to fail when running another script.
Mark said: Robert N. said: Have you done something currently that might effect Aaron's Torch script if I have it loaded now? This character sheet does not contain scripts, no. Nor do my scripts include torch. I have a separate script for torch which is a fork of Aaron's, but I've stopped using it as it causes my scripts to fail when running another script. Mark said: Robert N. said: Have you done something currently that might effect Aaron's Torch script if I have it loaded now? This character sheet does not contain scripts, no. Nor do my scripts include torch. I have a separate script for torch which is a fork of Aaron's, but I've stopped using it as it causes my scripts to fail when running another script. Ok, thank you. one less thing to troble shoot.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've created a new post as this one now has 495 posts and takes too long to load. Please see D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet . Hopefully a moderator will be along shortly to close this one.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thread closed per original posters request.