Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[New] D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Strange. The sheet should be updated. Steve merged it today. Not sure how long that takes. I see it on the 2nd as well on the default version. Racial features belong "Racial Traits" under the Background tab. The mummy lord has 5, but "Attack" is just referencing a normal action so it shouldn't be added to legendary actions, but should appear in legendary notes. Blinding Dust is an attack Blasphemous Word is an attack Channel Negative Energy is an emote Whirlwind of San is an emote I'm not sure that the last 2 should really be under legendary actions. Likely some DM will want to have the emotes so I'll expand that to 4.
It can take a couple of days for the merge to be seen.

Edited 1428484196
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Feedback Gathering: Does the new "Actions" tab meet the needs of other DMs if I work through regexing all the attacks and processing it? Do you instead prefer the open ended nature of the old NPCActions? Is there anything that you would change? Image of the new Alt Dmg: I have also figured out how to whisper hidden info to the GM.
Hi Mark - have you done the update yet ? my sheet is still showing 2nd April

Edited 1428494041
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pete, the sheet was merged yesterday. Not sure why it has not been updated. As mentioned above it can take days.. :( The heart is still not fixed. According to Steve there is no way to directly target tablets (see <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1788374/targetin" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1788374/targetin</a>... ). There isn't a whole lot I can do here as it renders differently on mobile. The Initiative also does not work on tablets - this has to do with @{Selected. I've inquired further (see <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1793418/selectin" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1793418/selectin</a>... ). I'll wait a day or so before making a solution that will work on mobile. Hopefully the other fixes should be fully released soon. I will send a PM to Steve to inquire about that process so that I can give better answers here.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Pete, I now see 7th Apr on my Shaped sheet using the default one from roll20. You should as well. :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Pete: I've put in a setting to allow initiative to work on tablets. It doesn't use @{selected or &tracker. You'll have to go into the settings tab and change this select to "Don't" I have a pull request in, but I expect this not to go live until next week. Alternatively you can get my code from Github (see the first post)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have created [Script] D&D 5e Shaped NPC Importer & Converter It's still a work in progress, but works for all stats and parses around 60%+ of all attacks. (the rest work, just not parsed yet). Let me know if you have any feedback.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
10th April 2015 All sheets use "AC" again. It is calculated correctly for everyone. "Target" under settings now uses this and will work to target NPC and PC sheets. 9th April 2015 Jack of All Trades now applies to Basic ability checks (Strength, Dex, Con, Int, Wis, Cha) 8th April 2015 Added a setting to allow initiative to work on mobile. Cut the heart's top off on mobile as there is no other fix currently.
Can the sheet be printed?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nope. No Roll20 sheet can. See <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1242365/print-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1242365/print-character-sheets</a> and upvote it if you want this feature.

Edited 1428698946
I have a request that your default inventory weight be the multiply instead of the total (the non-shaped one should do this to but you seem to have a super work ethic), since if you're using the total you'll never change the number anyway I feel like it's just needlessly annoying to change all the inventory to be multiplying the weight by the quantity. Also this is totally irrelevant but if you click a tab in the Player Sheet (like show all) it becomes selected, if you switch to NPC Sheet and click show all (even thought it's the default) it becomes selected, also the scrollbar length changes. <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1TI9_LoiZk" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1TI9_LoiZk</a> A video if you don't get what I mean. Also not sure if this has anything to do with you, if you pop out the character sheet then stretch it it won't expand to fill the screen, maximising it, show as tab first, none of it works.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I agree on the inventory weight. Will fix when I'm back. The show all tab on the npc and pc sheets are actually different tabs with the same display name. I noticed there being a bug of selecting a tab and then switching to npc/pc. It shouldn't be common for people to switch so luckily not a big deal. Not sure if I can fix it, but I'll look into it. The sheet should expand.. I set a min-width on it recently to prevent it all breaking. It expands when not popped out for me. I can test the popped out version. If you could please let me know what browser that happens on in case I can't replicate.
It's on Chrome, when you pop out you cannot expand the sheet, <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7qIZsc5axA" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7qIZsc5axA</a> Also it sometimes works, which is weird. I think it might work if you move the window first, then resize the window?
Hello, I guess I'm what's called a wallflower. I've been playing a campaign with some friends for the past few months on Roll20 but this is my first post. I'm not very macros literate and I've been trying to get by with what the old D&D5 sheet has but I've been having trouble with NPC attacks and this sheet certainly seems to answer this problem for me. I was wondering if there is a way to convert to this new sheet from the old sheet? For some reason I think it isn't as simple as just change the character sheet type under campaign settings.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Neal welcome! I'm glad you like the sheet! I've written a script to convert NPCs, but you have to be a mentor to use scripts. You can do it by hand or spend some money to get mentor and do it all at once. If you decide to spend the money for mentor I'd suggest wait a few days for me to clean up any bugs people found over the weekend. (Should all be fixed by Monday or Tuesday evening EU).
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@RMcD: Resizing in the popup is limited by roll20 itself: &lt;div class="dialog characterdialog" data-characterid="-JkMl2F787omHCPxc7oX" style="display: block; width: 1167px; min-height: 0px; height: auto;" scrolltop="0" scrollleft="0"&gt; They set a width which prevents resizing. Also I would have assumed darkvision would be taken from the vision of the normal character sheet but Darkvision is empty and I have no idea where the vision box from the normal character sheet goes. Otherwise yeah, seems like PCs are super easy, awesome. Darkvision is lost because the attribute used to be "vision", but I split them up for NPCs. I only show darkvision for PCs. It's a minor consequence imo. 12th April 2015 Background attribute updated so that the textarea matches the default sheet and the background in the header is a new attribute. Set the inventory to default to multiply I'll post updates to the script on that thread.
First I'd like to say how much i like this character sheet. It is fantastic. But, I need some help, I dont think it is too difficult but I have been messing around with it for 2 days now and still cant figure it out. Basicly I need to understand how to use the emote action and how to bold a title. So I'm making a class action for a fighter's Second Wind ability. On the output text field i have this (right now): @{selected|token_name} Draws stamina from deep within to respite. Heal=[[1d10 + @{Selected|fighter_level}]] This almost does what I want it to but not quite. I want the first line to be in the "emote text box" like the one used when you view a spells info and it says: "Character looks at the instructions for a spell". I want the second line with the roll to have the word 'Heal' in bold text aligned to the left. much like how it appears when you use the heal function to make a healing spell in the spellbook tab. What are the correct commands and syntax to be used in the output field to accomplish this? I have been looking at other scripts people have posted for this CS and trying to figure it out myself but I am not savy enough with coding apparently because the results come out very broken.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I would suggest you make it as a class resource. That should work I think. I can add more details later tonight.

Edited 1428949477
@Cody P. - I don't think you can make it look exactly how you want with the class actions (assuming that class actions are not significantly different from those on the default sheet). However you could very easily create a token action using the following, which based on your description should make it look like you want: &{template:5eDefault} {{title=Second Wind}} {{subheader=@{selected|character_name}}} {{subheaderright=Fighter}} {{emote=@{selected|token_name} draws stamina from deep within to respite}} {{outputall=1}} {{Heal=[[1d10 + @{selected|fighter_level}]] }} Kevin
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I would suggest dropping the emote and using the "Class Actions" under the "Class" page. Put this in the "Output": Heal [[1d10 + @{fighter_level}]] That way you can track the usage there.
@Kevin. Ah i see. the code you shared is much like what i was playing around with, Im guessing those kinds of commands don't work as intended when you use them in the Class Actions output field. which is where I'm trying to do this from. I havent messed with token actions at all. @Mark Yes, im using the class actions. your suggestion is what I was going to resort to. I just wanted a bit of a better looking format for it(Bolding the word heal) which isnt that big of a deal. the emote isnt needed either, but i wanted the added flavor. Thanks for the help.
@Cody P. - No you cannot embed the roll template format within a field on the sheet because the sheet is already parsed the data and is outputting it. Token actions are very easy, just go to the abilities tab and add a macro, then cut and paste what I put above into the text box. Then you have the option to show that on the macro bar (bottom bar) or token action (bar shown at the top when the token is selected).
@Kevin thanks for the clarification and the step by step. one more question though. Is there any way to get some of the auto-buttons in the CS to appear on the macro bar? Like one of the 'Attack' buttons in the CS weapons tab which auto rolls your attack and damage. Is it possible to link a macro to that button, or are those buttons unique to the CS only?

Edited 1428995829
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can link to them or drag them on your bar. Or you can type it directly: %{selected|MeleeAttack1} %{NAME|MeleeAttack1}
Do you get stats on how many campaigns use the character sheet?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
RMcD said: Do you get stats on how many campaigns use the character sheet? Nope. btw I haven't been working on the script as I have to port all the ship combat rules to 5e from PF. Prepping for book 2 of Skull & Shackles.
I'm surprised they don't give you any information, does that mean you pretty much have to use the views of the forum as an interest guage?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
RMcD said: I'm surprised they don't give you any information, does that mean you pretty much have to use the views of the forum as an interest guage? I guess. Is there a reason to be concerned about the level of interest? Either they use it or they don't. I can't change that besides continually improving the sheet based on suggestions.

Edited 1429385381
Well if you were running multiple character sheets you would be more inclined to devote more effort in solving issues with one over the other for example. Started using this in one campaign: 1. Default inventory page should be show all I think. 2. For things like Observant which raise passive perception and investigation there doesn't seem to be a place to input that. 3. I know resistances and stuff are meant to be small because there can be many but is there a way to make the text scale instead, if it's just one then it can take up all of the box and become so small if I start cramming in more. 4. In regards to the core stats page the layout is kind of awkward because of the gray space, seems a bit inefficient. Would it make more sense to place skills, saves and HP section on the top row with the rest below to minimize the height needed for the character sheet. 5. I am curious is it possible to automatically update the Death Saving throw success/fail when you press the roll? I would love that feature if so. 6. There are a few spells that you get that are more like SLA because they recover on long rest or short rest, for example the ones you get from a number of races. Do you use class resources to represent this as there doesn't seem to be a good method in the spell book. I like it a lot better than the other one. Edit: Also is there anyway to move the order of spells after you've placed them? I might want Ray of Frost higher for example to be hit easier.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm inclined to agree. Will change. There isn't a place to put that.. ya. Not sure how to address this in a good way. Text can't scale to fit, no. Textareas have pretty bad styling choices. However I could make the font-size much bigger on PC sheets. I've received this feedback a few times. I plan to fill those areas with things. Maybe something with spells - not sure. I'm open to suggestions. I don't quite understand what you mean by "Top row". The design is based on the paper character sheet so I don't want to stray too far from that as I think it's a good design and players will be familiar with it. That said we have a lot of freedom on the right side of the sheet. Nope. Often requested feature. Impossible w/o API access which sheets cannot have by default. Maybe some scripter will come along or some day I'll do it after my other 10 projects. Any spells I would put under the spells area. It likely needs a section for SLAs and the like. As a temporary solution I would put them on lvl 1 and maybe track them with class resources. Thanks for the feedback. :)
4. By top row I mean that they should be on the top, so put skills where inspiration and the weapons are etc. And then put the weapons and inspiration etc below saving throw or the hit points bit, etc. At the moment it's 5 columns with like 4 rows. Column 1 has the main stats, column 2 has saves on row 1 and skills on row 2, etc. So by top row there shouldn't be anything above skills or saves or the ac + hp box. But saves things can be above that, the bonuses/penalties things can be above that, etc. The weapon stuff most people I imagine will use macros to roll them anyway so not too bad if that's not in top row. Can understand wanting to stick with the real one though. 5. I figured. 6. Yeah that's what I've done for now. Didn't think to put them on the level 1 page though that might have made more sense, maybe even level 9 (since how often do you really use it). Did you catch my edit on moving the spells about? Also we were wondering how you use great weapon feat and stuff (like the sharpshooter), if you add -5 to magic bonus it adds it to damage too so we were doing d12+15 to balance it out.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
RMcD said: Can understand wanting to stick with the real one though. I think that's the best choice. It's nice to move things around, but skills need to be near checks which would make things difficult. Sticking to the paper sheet is pretty important I think. If I can find things to fit those other areas it'll be quite nice. On quick weapons: My PCs use them fairly often and I've heard positive feedback on them. They're nice to see some small details - though in most cases I'd likely use the token macros as well. Did you catch my edit on moving the spells about? There is no drag/drop support. HTML5 can do it, but there is no way for me to save it without javascript. You may get a better answer on the "Specific Use" forum to see if repeatable items can be dragged. I assume the answer is no. Also we were wondering how you use great weapon feat and stuff (like the sharpshooter), if you add -5 to magic bonus it adds it to damage too so we were doing d12+15 to balance it out. Great weapon is easy. "2d6ro&lt;2" under the weapon damage. For -5/+10 there is no good way to do it on weapons right now. I would suggest using the bonus/penalties for now. I'll fix that when I redo weapons.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
On NPC Actions: I need to split damage between attack and spell. Was pretty silly to not do this initially. Will do it now.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
19th April 2015 Added Save Damage and Save Damage Type Reorganized the tabs for npc Attacks to have Alt Dmg, Secondary Dmg, and Crit to be "under" Dmg for instance Splitting the save damage should work out much better for attacks with damage and a secondary save. I'll update my script to import and do this all correctly now.
Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
Mark - how does the multi-attack work? I see the check boxes and the line at the top but don't understand how those work together?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If multiattack is checked then the template will output the multi attack text. The importer for this automatically creates a token action for multiattack that rolls the macros all together.

Edited 1429564248
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
20th April 2015 NPC Actions fixed details tabs so they show at the right times. Restyled spellbook page a bit to match the Shaped style. Filtered spells based on "Prepared", "Ritual", or "Concentration" Spells can now be filtered to only show "Prepared", "Ritual", or "Concentration" spells. This will cause players to lose some information as the format had to be different. I think the benefit of being able to filter outweighs the cost of players having to redo. Here is a sample:
Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
That's great - where is the importer and is their a Wiki or something I can read about this?

Edited 1429571974
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1816031/script-d" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1816031/script-d</a>... There are some instructions there. I can add more if anything is confusing. It works the same as JF's importer for the default sheet. Post there if anything is confusing and I'll follow up tomorrow. I haven't done much wiki documentation, but I haven't received requests for it either.
Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
BTW - your NPC section is fantastic. I am very happy with it and it is easy for me to use it from the Monster Manual. THANK YOU!!
Tim
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
This might be a dumb question, but why can't I see the prepared/ritual/concentration filters on the spellbook tab? It seems to be stuck on the old version. Is there something I need to do to update?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tim said: This might be a dumb question, but why can't I see the prepared/ritual/concentration filters on the spellbook tab? It seems to be stuck on the old version. Is there something I need to do to update? The sheets require roll20 to update them. I've committed my code, but roll20 has to merge that code and then deploy that to live. Usually they merge the code on Tuesdays (they haven't yet) and then deploy on Wednesday or Thursday. It varies. I'd expect it to go live within a few days. Mentors can get it right away. Otherwise the turn around between me writing code and it going live is usually about a week unfortunately.
Mark said: Tim said: This might be a dumb question, but why can't I see the prepared/ritual/concentration filters on the spellbook tab? It seems to be stuck on the old version. Is there something I need to do to update? The sheets require roll20 to update them. I've committed my code, but roll20 has to merge that code and then deploy that to live. Usually they merge the code on Tuesdays (they haven't yet) and then deploy on Wednesday or Thursday. It varies. I'd expect it to go live within a few days. Mentors can get it right away. Otherwise the turn around between me writing code and it going live is usually about a week unfortunately. Thanks for doing this Mark! I'll give it a try in a few days and have my players switch over to it if it is available during our next session on Friday.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FYI There is a breaking change as of April 23rd around Actions. The fields were renamed to better transition to repeating code. I tried very hard to get repeating to work, but it would not allow us to access the buttons outside of the repeating block. So we still have a breaking change for now, but it will transition to repeating easily when they finally support that. Sheet and Script updated - all ready to go.
I have a question about macro buttons and the character sheet. I would like to have some of the macros on the screen without the character sheet having to be open. Is there a way to copy them over or is there a way to set them to be shown when the token is selected?

Edited 1429796669
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Paul R. said: I have a question about macro buttons and the character sheet. I would like to have some of the macros on the screen without the character sheet having to be open. Is there a way to copy them over or is there a way to set them to be shown when the token is selected? Many of them can. Spells and class resources (both repeating sections) cannot. You can put them on your macro bar (they can be dragged there). Or you can put them in your own macros or under "Attributes and Abilities" on the character sheet. I put them all under "Attributes and Abilities" and then they show when the token is selected. What are you trying to copy? I'll give some examples based on my player "Gil" For attacks: Melee 1-6 %{Gil|MeleeAttack1} %{Gil|MeleeAttack2} Ranged 1-6 %{Gil|RangedAttack1} %{Gil|RangedAttack2} Skills: %{Gil|Stealth_Check} %{Gil|Athletics_Check} %{Gil|AnimalHandling_Check} Initiative: %{Gil|Initiative} Death Saves: %{Gil|Death_Saving_Throw} Saves: %{Gil|Strength_Save} Checks: %{Gil|Basic_Strength_Check} HD rolling: %{Gil|Use_HD_d12}
On the character journal on the Attributes & Abilities tab you can add a macro and set it “Show as Token Action”. I would like to have things like there initiative and there attack rolls there, and maybe some of their saves.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Paul R. said: On the character journal on the Attributes & Abilities tab you can add a macro and set it “Show as Token Action”. I would like to have things like there initiative and there attack rolls there, and maybe some of their saves. Yes, you can add macros there that do everything I listed above. I do the same. One note: Don't name your macros there the same as any of the existing macros. For instance Initiative. I use "Init". Same problem as the default 5e sheet.
Tim
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Thanks for all your work on this Mark, I like this sheet a lot. I thought I'd share some of the tweaks I've made for our game; just colours and typography. Just trying to make it a bit more "D&D-ish" and maybe easier to scan through for casual players (hence why the spell names are big and red, so spell-casting players can easily glance through their spellbooks). Thought you might be interested, anyhow. Cheers again! <a href="http://i.imgur.com/UP2NofX.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/UP2NofX.png</a>