Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[New] D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet

<a href="http://i.imgur.com/UMXGV8f.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/UMXGV8f.png</a> Here is a new screen shot of it doing the exact same thing again. This one should be clearer.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I sent Aaron a PM. I do not have the same behavior at all which means something is different between my experience and yours. Maybe he has an insight into why.
Just want to point out that sheet version might be a problem May 9th? You need a later one for the initiative fix surely? I am using May 14th and the initiative is fine.

Edited 1431969909
I just set this up two days ago. Shouldn't it be using the most current version? How does one change to the May 14th version? I tried deselecting the desired character sheet and reselecting it but my sheets still say May 9th.

Edited 1431970154
RavenRin said: I just set this up two days ago. Shouldn't it be using the most current version? How does one change to the May 14th version? I tried deselecting the desired character sheet and reselecting it but my sheets still say May 9th. Sadly you are at the mercy of when Roll20 updates their code from Mark's cache, so until then you got the bug i'm afraid. It varies on how long it takes for them to update but it shouldn't be to much longer I wouldn't think. Unless you are a mentor, then you can uploaded the latest custom sheets.
Thank you for your answer.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Mark said: Can you upload that img to a different service like imgur? it's pure blur on the details. I assume you're using the live version of the sheet? What does the date show? I'm using the "9th May" version and it doesn't roll after it errors... Maybe this is a mentor vs non-mentor issue? I'll PM Aaron. I use this Bookmarklet to full size images on the forum when I need to see them: javascript:_.each($('img'),function(i){i.src=i.src.replace(/(max|med)/,'original'); }); I'm not sure about this problem. I'll create a campaign with the May 9th sheet when I get home from work and give it a try to see if I can duplicate it. What's the formula that show sup in the chat box if you push up after clicking the initiative button?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I assume it happens in the live version as well. May 9th is just the currently live version. @{Ojoasrourk Croochiwoa|output_option} &{template:5eDefault} {{title=Initiative}} {{subheader=@{Ojoasrourk Croochiwoa|character_name}}} {{rollname=Initiative}} {{roll=[[ d20 + [[@{Ojoasrourk Croochiwoa|initiative_tie_breaker}]] + (@{Ojoasrourk Croochiwoa|global_check_bonus}) + @{Ojoasrourk Croochiwoa|intiaitive_to_tracker}]]}} @{Ojoasrourk Croochiwoa|classactioninitiative} is what I get from that version.
I said I was going to switch over eventually, and I'm a man of my word. Currently in the process of migrating everything over and it's going fairly smoothly, although it's going to take a while to convert my monstrous library of NPCs. I absolutely love it. Mostly I love how you've standardized so much across the PC and NPC sheets. This makes it a lot easier on me to write scripts for. By way of feedback, I really only have one major request for this. Class Actions for NPCs: I'm going to second the request made by another user to implement "Class Actions" into the NPC sheet. I know you said it's a lot of work, but this is a feature that I would absolutely use all the time . I often forget to apply various NPC traits when I'm running a game with ten or fifteen different creatures per session, thus being able to display specific text on specific rolls like you can do with the PC version would be tremendously helpful for me. The use cases where it comes up most often for me are skill checks where a creature gets advantage on particular perception checks with keen senses, for instance, or a cultist's advantage on wisdom saves against charm spells, or an NPC Evocation wizard doing half damage with cantrips on a miss. As a DM, I honestly think I have a greater need for this functionality than players do, since I'm running tens or hundreds of creatures a month and it's difficult for me to commit their features to memory unless I play them all the time. As it stands, the traits section of the NPC sheet is fairly small, and even if it were bigger, I would still end up wanting to have class actions over keeping the sheet open to refer to the traits. In cases where bonuses apply to specific rolls, I'm not usually looking at the token action buttons for reminders of traits, either, my attention is usually focused on the chat window where the results of the challenge are displayed.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the feedback Greg - it's really good to hear that you're enjoying the sheet! Greg V. said: Class Actions for NPCs: I'm going to second the request made by another user to implement "Class Actions" into the NPC sheet. I know you said it's a lot of work, but this is a feature that I would absolutely use all the time . I often forget to apply various NPC traits when I'm running a game with ten or fifteen different creatures per session, thus being able to display specific text on specific rolls like you can do with the PC version would be tremendously helpful for me. The use cases where it comes up most often for me are skill checks where a creature gets advantage on particular perception checks with keen senses, for instance, or a cultist's advantage on wisdom saves against charm spells, or an NPC Evocation wizard doing half damage with cantrips on a miss. These are great examples of how that kind of system would help. I'm on vacation in early June, but will explore this after that point. I will likely try to re-use the class actions bit and just have different things show for NPCs. I will also do traits which should cover the other parts discussed earlier in this thread. Basically traits that are like the ones you mentioned earlier belong in a "class actions" type thing and traits that are like actions (spell reflection, surprise attack, etc) belong with actions. I'll have to sort out exactly how that works.
Mark said: Thanks for the feedback Greg - it's really good to hear that you're enjoying the sheet! Greg V. said: Class Actions for NPCs: I'm going to second the request made by another user to implement "Class Actions" into the NPC sheet. I know you said it's a lot of work, but this is a feature that I would absolutely use all the time . I often forget to apply various NPC traits when I'm running a game with ten or fifteen different creatures per session, thus being able to display specific text on specific rolls like you can do with the PC version would be tremendously helpful for me. The use cases where it comes up most often for me are skill checks where a creature gets advantage on particular perception checks with keen senses, for instance, or a cultist's advantage on wisdom saves against charm spells, or an NPC Evocation wizard doing half damage with cantrips on a miss. These are great examples of how that kind of system would help. I'm on vacation in early June, but will explore this after that point. I will likely try to re-use the class actions bit and just have different things show for NPCs. I will also do traits which should cover the other parts discussed earlier in this thread. Basically traits that are like the ones you mentioned earlier belong in a "class actions" type thing and traits that are like actions (spell reflection, surprise attack, etc) belong with actions. I'll have to sort out exactly how that works. Exactly what I use them for on PCs. Though I was unclear of my intent last time. :). Not too hard to homebrew in though.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sneak preview of the new quick weapons. I just finished it so there may be a few errors. I need to clean stuff up still - duplicate, add more rows, etc.

Edited 1431999767
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Mark said: Can you upload that img to a different service like imgur? it's pure blur on the details. I assume you're using the live version of the sheet? What does the date show? I'm using the "9th May" version and it doesn't roll after it errors... Maybe this is a mentor vs non-mentor issue? I'll PM Aaron. Ok, I was able to duplicate the issue. The top Roll doesn't have the problem, the bottom one does. Note the "No character was found for 'selected' " is present for the second one. The issue is that the token you have selected doesn't have "Represents Character" set. Probably you need to refer to this wiki page: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals</a> The top roll I had the token represents for the character, the bottom one I removed it. Cheers!
Hello, We are using a default character sheet for 5th edition. We are using templates like a half dragon. Which gives +3 levels just for the template. So here is my problem. I can't find where I can show effective level as 6th but would only have 3 levels into their class. Anyone already have a solution?
I noticed on the May 9th version, and just tested with the most current version (May 18) to confirm. The 3d d20's are not rolling for attack rolls. Everything resolves fine and the damage dice are visible, but no d20. On savings throws, checks and skills one of the two d20s rolls. The 3d dice are a big part of the immersion for my players and me. Is this a fixable thing?
Am I missing something or are the new weapon sections limited to one weapon per type at the moment?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Aaron Thanks!! Never even thought to check that. So RavenRin you need to fill in the represents field. @Eric I haven't looked at half Dragon. If you want proficiency and everything to scale based on it you can add it as a custom class and put 3 levels in. @Khrain the sheet has nothing to do with 3D dice or how those are rolled. You'll have to open a bug on the bug forum. @Jeff the new weapons only have one of each type for now. I'm still in the testing phase and things may change. It's much less work to change just 1 instead of 10. I will likely expand it to more tonight and put a disclaimer that it is all still subject to change. Please let me know if you have any feedback. Particularly on the quick attacks that I just posted.

Edited 1432051262
Mark said: @Khrain the sheet has nothing to do with 3D dice or how those are rolled. You'll have to open a bug on the bug forum. Looks like someone beat me to it . Assuming this is the same issue anyway. Thanks. For clarity the problem seems to have arisen out of the attempt to clean up the hover text for rolls. Nested inline rolls are the issue/problem. Hopefully they'll have a fix soon.

Edited 1432064908
I'm trying to do an info grab macro so i can easily know a few things about my pc's and i've got it to work but when i try to call up the Hitpoint Max and Temporary Hit Points its coming up blank Max @{Selected|HP_max} / Temp @{Selected|temp_HP} The full Code Below and ouput pic /w GM &{template:default} {{ @{Selected|Token_Name} HP [[@{Selected|HP}]] / Max @{Selected|HP_max} / Temp @{Selected|temp_HP} AC [[@{Selected|AC}]] Initiative [[@{Selected|initiative_overall}]] Speed [[@{Selected|speed}]] Passive Perception [[@{Selected|Perception}+10]] Strength @{Selected|strength} / Mod @{Selected|strength_mod} Dexterity @{Selected|dexterity} / Mod @{Selected|dexterity_mod} Constitution @{Selected|constitution} / Mod @{Selected|constitution_mod} Intelligence @{Selected|intelligence} / Mod @{Selected|intelligence_mod} Wisdom @{Selected|wisdom} / Mod @{Selected|wisdom_mod} Charisma @{Selected|charisma} / Mod @{Selected|charisma_mod} Acrobatics [[@{Selected|acrobatics}]] Animal Handling [[@{Selected|animalhandling}]] Arcana [[@{Selected|arcana}]] Athletics [[@{Selected|athletics}]] Deception [[@{Selected|deception}]] History [[@{Selected|history}]] Insight [[@{Selected|insight}]] Intimidation [[@{Selected|intimidation}]] Investigation [[@{Selected|investigation}]] Medicine [[@{Selected|medicine}]] Nature [[@{Selected|nature}]] Perception [[@{Selected|perception}]] Performance [[@{Selected|performance}]] Persuasion [[@{Selected|persuasion}]] Religion [[@{Selected|religion}]] Sleight of Hand [[@{Selected|sleightofhand}]] Stealth [[@{Selected|stealth}]] Survival [[@{Selected|survival}]] @{selected|custom_skill_1_name} [[@{Selected|custom_skill_1}]] @{selected|custom_skill_2_name} [[@{Selected|custom_skill_2}]] @{selected|custom_skill_3_name} [[@{Selected|custom_skill_3}]] @{selected|custom_skill_4_name} [[@{Selected|custom_skill_4}]]}}
Something seems to have changed in the May 17th version in the formatting of the roll templates for spells. Left one is from the standard sheet which I am sure was the same formatting used in the shaped sheet prior to the May 17th update. The one on the right is the output of the shaped sheet as of the May 17th version. Is this a deliberate change? I prefer the original formatting as it is clearer even though the new one is more compact.
Yes, he has said he changed it. if you observe the same information is displayed but more condensed. Also Yoink Byran! Thank you :)
Yes, I suppose one can get used to it. However, wouldn't it be better to move the "Gained from" entry in the header as well?
Well, I suppose one could... I don't see it as being hugely impactful though.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Bryan S. said: Max @{Selected|HP_max} / Temp @{Selected|temp_HP} max is accessed like so: "@{selected|HP|max}" Regarding "gained from" - I don't find it incredibly useful and it's there on the info. The header should contain the vital info about the spell.
Thank you!

Edited 1432083525
Mark, On the 17th May 2015 version of the sheet I have some missing CSS on the sheet when I pop out the chat: On the left is the default chat, and the right is when I pop out the chat it loses all formatting. Not sure if this is an isolated issue or something with the pop out functionality of the chat window. I'm running Version 42.0.2311.152 m on Windows 8.1. Please let me know if you need anymore debug output. Edit: Updated to Version 43.0.2357.65 m and still same issue. Edit 2: Read that the pop out chat is still WIP. Perhaps this is the issue?
Pop out chat doesn't currently support Roll Templates, as you have already found, this feature is a WIP and is indeed the cause of the issue.

Edited 1432088256
I figured as much. Thanks for confirmation! :)
I like what you've done with the weapons, though I know some people who are less familiar with the system who might find it a bit more complex than they like. I couldn't consider it usable as my primary method over the old sheet until there were more rows though, most people I know have at least two melee weapons (or variations on the weapon, such as Shillelagh or Great Weapon Fighting). Which I thought I'd bring up, as you've already relegated the previous system to an "Old" tab.

Edited 1432117740
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Mystic said: I like what you've done with the weapons, though I know some people who are less familiar with the system who might find it a bit more complex than they like. I couldn't consider it usable as my primary method over the old sheet until there were more rows though, most people I know have at least two melee weapons (or variations on the weapon, such as Shillelagh or Great Weapon Fighting). Which I thought I'd bring up, as you've already relegated the previous system to an "Old" tab. As mentioned above it is in testing phase and subject to change. More rows will be added. The "Old" weapons will stay on the weapons tab - I have no plans at this time to remove them. However the quick weapons on the front page will switch. I'll have a bit commit for weapons tonight with more rows and quick weapons on the front page (resized a lot of the core page to allocate space). Sneak preview:
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Question: Should the Thrown category exist? Or should players be expected to have Dagger on melee and ranged instead?

Edited 1432131563
Mark said: Question: Should the Thrown category exist? Or should players be expected to have Dagger on melee and ranged instead? I think Thrown is a bit much, just having a Melee Category with an Ammo bar is really all that is needed imo.

Edited 1432131882
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ya, I played around with a dagger and thrown just doesn't make sense. I think the best use case is that the player has a melee dagger field and a ranged dagger field. Works a lot better for bonuses & penalties as well - some items add to ranged and you wouldn't want them applying "sometimes" to thrown. I've removed "Thrown" entirely. Will post a new screen soon.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thrown removed Some NPC elements now show on the PC sheet (Blindsight, other speeds) New Preview:
Mark said: Ya, I played around with a dagger and thrown just doesn't make sense. I think the best use case is that the player has a melee dagger field and a ranged dagger field. Works a lot better for bonuses & penalties as well - some items add to ranged and you wouldn't want them applying "sometimes" to thrown. I've removed "Thrown" entirely. Will post a new screen soon. Well one thing that would be nice is a check box that shows the thrown properties, not sure if that something that could determine which stat to use. Or even a "Light Weapon" check box etc. So for two weapons you can unclick the offhand stat, otherwise you'd end up having to go to the full sheet anyways to make sure things were applying correctly. Just thinking out loud.

Edited 1432133064
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Quick shouldn't have any of that - it's too much detail to put in. Weapons should be configured on the weapons page and quick weapons are for quickly accessing what is already defined. I could add "Range" to melee attacks, but then I'd have to add ammo, bonuses & penalties wouldn't work with it, and some people may be confused. I think the best approach is that a ranged attack (thrown dagger) goes under Ranged. Light weapon: This is already covered. The user can choose to not use a damage stat. It's much simpler to have a consistent way to apply stat to the damage or not (which is how it's done now). Assuming light = no damage stat isn't true for Rangers or Fighters who choose the TWF fighting style
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
17-20th May 2015 Quick Actions example done - need to think about this before duplicating it Thrown weapons removed Some NPC elements now show on the PC sheet (Blindsight, other speeds) Expanded weapons out to 7 each Resized all of the core page to allow for quick weapons Weapons tab now has quick weapons as well

Edited 1432141091
Is there a way to attach an emote to attacks like spells and weapons? I know spells have an "Effect" that I'm currently using for flavor text, but a separate emote would be nice. Also how do I get the "Observant" feet to properly adjust Perception and Investigation? All-in-all great sheet thank you.

Edited 1432141656
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Engwar said: Is there a way to attach an emote to attacks like spells and weapons? I know spells have an "Effect" that I'm currently using for flavor text, but a separate emote would be nice. Also how do I get the "Observant" feet to properly adjust Perception and Investigation? All-in-all great sheet thank you. The new weapons (see above and this earlier post ) do indeed have an emote. For spells I would suggest using description for emote. Observant can now be done by changing the passive bonus for perception/investigation. The small input field before the blue input.

Edited 1432141596
In the new weapon section, secondary damage is still being applied twice as noted above and shown with the red lines and boxes: When "Enable Chat Avatars" is disabled (unchecked) on the configuration tab, the templates are being cut off. This is shown with the blue box above.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kevin said: In the new weapon section, secondary damage is still being applied twice as noted above and shown with the red lines and boxes: Fixed. Kevin said: When "Enable Chat Avatars" is disabled (unchecked) on the configuration tab, the templates are being cut off. This is shown with the blue box above. blaaaah that's not good. I have a hack to make the roll templates bigger... I'll have to explore how that setting interacts.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mark said: blaaaah that's not good. I have a hack to make the roll templates bigger... I'll have to explore how that setting interacts. I adjusted it slightly so the whole white area is within the chat frame (so -15 instead of -20 margin-left). I'd have to go to -10 to not cut off at all which is less than ideal. The way roll20 limits my css means I can't change the default margin from chat avatars or base CSS on it. :(
My GM is switching us over to your sheet in a couple weeks so I just wanted to say thank you for all the work you do on this sheet. Also having the different speeds on the PC sheet is good because some of the classes like for instance the vengeance paladin get class features that give them fly speeds for a bit that are different from their normal speeds.
I can confirm the secondary damage is fixed. As you mentioned though it's still cutting off when chat avatars are disabled. I (and many in my group) will disable the chat avatars since it does provide the most screen real estate... It was working previously, what changed that is now causing this to not work? Was there something that you were trying to accomplish?

Edited 1432148505
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mihdi said: My GM is switching us over to your sheet in a couple weeks so I just wanted to say thank you for all the work you do on this sheet. Also having the different speeds on the PC sheet is good because some of the classes like for instance the vengeance paladin get class features that give them fly speeds for a bit that are different from their normal speeds. Great to hear! Kevin said: what changed that is now causing this to not work? Was there something that you were trying to accomplish? Making the roll templates wider as mentioned above. It's not broken - it still works. No information is hidden. Though not sure what the best option is here. It would really be ideal if roll20 let me edit parts further up the DOM tree, but they don't.
Well I don't know what is ideal, but if it is a choice of making it wider and having it cut off, or keeping it the way that it was, I personally would prefer keeping it the way it was.
Mark said: Engwar said: Is there a way to attach an emote to attacks like spells and weapons? I know spells have an "Effect" that I'm currently using for flavor text, but a separate emote would be nice. Also how do I get the "Observant" feet to properly adjust Perception and Investigation? All-in-all great sheet thank you. The new weapons (see above and this earlier post ) do indeed have an emote. For spells I would suggest using description for emote. Observant can now be done by changing the passive bonus for perception/investigation. The small input field before the blue input. Yes the new quick weapons offer an emote but I'm un able to add additional quick melee weapons
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Engwar said: Yes the new quick weapons offer an emote but I'm un able to add additional quick melee weapons As mentioned a few times now: weapons are in testing. The live version only has 1 of each type. In the github version there are 7 melee and 7 ranged. Roll20 will update to that version likely in a week. Otherwise you have to be a mentor.
Mark, one quick question on weapons: can you add an effect section to them for things like Lances and Nets, or magic weapons that have other things happen when they hit/miss/etc? Also, re: the difficulty of maintaining multiple weapon sections... maybe gulp.js can help? You're already using it. If you want, I'll look into it and see if there's a way to make gulp.js build seven of each type of weapon automatically. Also also: not sure if anybody else has asked, but could PC's get access to the generic Actions tab that NPCs get? Might make things like Dragonborn's breath attack easier to deal with, and you already have the Actions tab coded up. And of course, thanks for the excellent character sheet. It's going to make my campaign a delight to run.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hmmm I'll have to think about effects. Do you have some example magic items? Gulp: if you know how I can write the pseudo repeating sections like actions or weapons once and repeat them several times via gulp plz do let me know. Dragonborn breath is best handled as a spell imo. Or a class action if you prefer to do it manually.