Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5e Shaped Companion Script Thread 2

Edited 1477170027
The most up to date versions of these macros can be found  in this google docs file. If you're like me and you use this script you are likely either keeping the reference page open in a separate tab at all times or only use a few limited functions. The latter of which would be a shame since every aspect of this script is essential to creating a good game in a short period of time. I've created an API Button Menu which grants you access to nearly all the commands available. I just went down the reference page and added them one at at time. Hope some people find this useful. I did it for me (Working hard so that I can be lazy later) and thought I'd share it with everyone. #Shaped-Menu (This is the only macro you'll need to call. This references the others in an effort to make it easier to call it from the chat window without competing for the limited space in the dropdown bar that pops up when you type #MacroName ) /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Shaped Menu}}{{ [Import New Creature/Spell](! #Z-Shaped-Import-Menu ) [Give token new actions](! #Z-Shaped-Abilities ) [Quickly Format New Characters](! #Z-Shaped-N-PC-Configure-Menu ) }} # Z-Shaped-Import-Menu (Its important to name the macro exactly as it appears here) /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Shaped Import}}{{ [Monster](!shaped-import-monster ) [Statblock](!shaped-import-statblock ) [Spell](!shaped-import-spell ) }} #Z-Shaped-PC-Configure (Again naming is important. This furnishes a PC with my personal blend of token actions) !shaped-abilities --attacksMacro !shaped-abilities --initiative !shaped-abilities --spells !shaped-abilities --rests #Z-Shaped-NPC-Configure (Again naming is important. This furnishes a NPC with my personal blend of token actions) !shaped-abilities --statblock !shaped-apply-defaults Z-Shaped-N-PC-Configure-Menu (Brings up the buttons for quickly configuring new characters) /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Shaped Character Format}}{{ [PC](! #Z-Shaped-PC-Configure ) [NPC](! #Z-Shaped-NPC-Configure ) [Delete All Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --DELETE) }} #Shaped-Abilities (Grants a suprisingly small and easy to use menu to configure all the possible Shaped Abilities) /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=}}{{ Advantage Tracker [Long](!shaped-abilities --advantageTracker ) [Short](!shaped-abilities --TrackerShort ) [Shortest](!shaped-abilities --advantageTrackerShortest ) [Shortest](!shaped-abilities --advantageTrackerQuery ) Attacks [Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --attacks ) [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --attacksMacro ) Traits [Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --traits ) [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --traitsMacro ) Actions [Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --actions ) [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --actionsMacro ) Reactions [Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --reactions ) [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --reactionsMacro ) Legendary Actions [Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --legendaryActions ) [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --legendaryactionsMacro ) Ability Checks [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --abilityChecks ) [Query](!shaped-abilities --abilityChecksQuery ) Saves [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --saves ) [Query](!shaped-abilities --savesQuery ) Misc [Lair Actions](!shaped-abilities --lairActions ) [Regional Effects](!shaped-abilities --regionalEffects ) [Initiative](!shaped-abilities --initiative ) [Statblock](!shaped-abilities --statblock ) [Rests](!shaped-abilities --rests ) [Delete All Abilities](!shaped-abilities --DELETE ) }} #Shaped-Import-Menu /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Shaped API Import}}{{ [Monster](!shaped-import-monster ) [Statblock](!shaped-import-statblock ) [Spell](!shaped-import-spell ) }}
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hey, Thanks for making this - that's cool - hope people find it useful! One thing that's worth pointing out if you don't already know it, is that the token action creator (either for a new character or when called directly with !shaped-abilities ) will not create a token action for a category if it isn't relevant to the character in question. So, for example, if you do !shaped-abilities --spells for a character with no spells, nothing will happen. This is quite useful because it means you can set up a bunch of generic defaults under !shaped-config and then apply them to all new characters using !shaped-apply-defaults , safe in the knowledge that you'll only get the ones that are relevant. For example, I have spells, attacks, actions, reactions, lairActions, regionalEffects, statblock, advantageTrackerShortest, abilChecks  and saves turned on by default - and I find that generally I get what I need for both NPCs and PCs without having to run different commands for each (I add rests to PCs separately, but tbh I don't create that many PCs by comparison to NPCs/monsters). This should also work a lot better when Riley's latest changes to allow sheetworkers to execute on the API server are ready for primetime - it should then be possible to create a completely configured character with a single command (no stupid overlay with an import button any more!) Another very minor thing is that you can chain options to most of the commands: !shaped-abilities --spells --attacksMacro --initiative --rests so you can simplify some macros a little... Thanks for making the document!

Edited 1477169982
Cool. Thanks for the input. I'll post a direct link to the document at the top of my initial entry to reflect the changes you've proposed. I've trimmed one of the macros off essentially removing the need for one of the menu's entirely (which is great. Less is more). If I'm reading this right you have a way to go into the !shaped-config menu to create standard token actions? I'm just combed through the menu again and come up empty.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
New Characters->Default Token Actions This menu sets up what token actions are automatically created when a new character is created or imported + when !shaped-apply-defaults is run. It's not as flexible as your macro menu system, but thanks to the way that it only creates token actions when they're relevant, it doesn't necessarily need to be. You should note that until Riley's fixes come through, some of the default token action creation only works properly when you do !shaped-apply-defaults and not on character creation.
I'm used to using this macro on all of my tokens as it stands so I'm not too worried about it. I like that it only applies necessary token actions to characters. I'll continue to do it the way I've always done it (except as one macro and not two now) until Riley's updates come in and this works 100% of the time.

Edited 1477244884
I have 2 players. One is a monk and one is a fighter battle master. When the monk uses their traits with no rest and no uses assigned, it does not fire off trait police. When the fighter does the same, it does fire trait police. Any ideas why they work differently?&nbsp;I do want auto-decrement of trait uses enabled, but it shouldn't check unless there's actual uses entered. Thanks! <a href="http://screencast.com/t/dKgnoOpES4jm" rel="nofollow">http://screencast.com/t/dKgnoOpES4jm</a>
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
TheWebCoder said: I have 2 players. One is a monk and one is a fighter battle master. When the monk uses their traits with no rest and no uses assigned, it does not fire off trait police. When the fighter does the same, it does fire trait police. Any ideas why they work differently?&nbsp;I do want auto-decrement of trait uses enabled, but it shouldn't check unless there's actual uses entered. Thanks! <a href="http://screencast.com/t/dKgnoOpES4jm" rel="nofollow">http://screencast.com/t/dKgnoOpES4jm</a> Hey, At a guess, I'd say it's most likely because one of the characters did have uses/rests set up for that trait at some point but subsequently deleted them, whereas the other never had them. I can change the logic so that it distinguishes between uses === 0 and no uses value present.
Since encumbrance and current carrying capacity are an actual attribute attached to a character, is it possible to make the companion script handle automatic encumbrance stages? Kind of like automatic ammo decrementing? For example, at normal encumbrance your "speed" attribute would be reduced by 10 or your character would get a status marker displaying it. At heavy encumbrance it would reduce the speed by 20 or put a different status marker on it. Status marks would be more useful as that helps you remember when you have disadvantage due to heavy encumbrance.
Encumbrance is an optional rule so the functionality should be optional.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
I think the encumbrance feature is a good idea - I will add it to the list. Like basically all of the other script features, there will be a switch in the configuration UI to turn it on/off.
Avatar of Woah said: The most up to date versions of these macros can be found&nbsp; in this google docs file. If you're like me and you use this script you are likely either keeping the reference page open in a separate tab at all times or only use a few limited functions. The latter of which would be a shame since every aspect of this script is essential to creating a good game in a short period of time. I've created an API Button Menu which grants you access to nearly all the commands available. I just went down the reference page and added them one at at time. Yoink... Thxs
Lucian said: At a guess, I'd say it's most likely because one of the characters did have uses/rests set up for that trait at some point but subsequently deleted them, whereas the other never had them. I can change the logic so that it distinguishes between uses === 0 and no uses value present. That would be awesome.
Avatar of Woah said: The most up to date versions of these macros can be found&nbsp; in this google docs file. If you're like me and you use this script you are likely either keeping the reference page open in a separate tab at all times or only use a few limited functions. The latter of which would be a shame since every aspect of this script is essential to creating a good game in a short period of time. I've created an API Button Menu which grants you access to nearly all the commands available. I just went down the reference page and added them one at at time. Hope some people find this useful. I did it for me (Working hard so that I can be lazy later) and thought I'd share it with everyone. #Shaped-Menu (This is the only macro you'll need to call. This references the others in an effort to make it easier to call it from the chat window without competing for the limited space in the dropdown bar that pops up when you type #MacroName ) /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Shaped Menu}}{{ [Import New Creature/Spell](! #Z-Shaped-Import-Menu ) [Give token new actions](! #Z-Shaped-Abilities ) [Quickly Format New Characters](! #Z-Shaped-N-PC-Configure-Menu ) }} # Z-Shaped-Import-Menu (Its important to name the macro exactly as it appears here) /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Shaped Import}}{{ [Monster](!shaped-import-monster ) [Statblock](!shaped-import-statblock ) [Spell](!shaped-import-spell ) }} #Z-Shaped-PC-Configure (Again naming is important. This furnishes a PC with my personal blend of token actions) !shaped-abilities --attacksMacro !shaped-abilities --initiative !shaped-abilities --spells !shaped-abilities --rests #Z-Shaped-NPC-Configure&nbsp;(Again naming is important. This furnishes a NPC with my personal blend of token actions) !shaped-abilities --statblock !shaped-apply-defaults Z-Shaped-N-PC-Configure-Menu (Brings up the buttons for quickly configuring new characters) /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Shaped Character Format}}{{ [PC](! #Z-Shaped-PC-Configure ) [NPC](! #Z-Shaped-NPC-Configure ) [Delete All Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --DELETE) }} #Shaped-Abilities (Grants a suprisingly small and easy to use menu to configure all the possible Shaped Abilities) /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=}}{{ Advantage Tracker [Long](!shaped-abilities --advantageTracker ) [Short](!shaped-abilities --TrackerShort ) [Shortest](!shaped-abilities --advantageTrackerShortest ) [Shortest](!shaped-abilities --advantageTrackerQuery ) Attacks [Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --attacks ) [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --attacksMacro ) Traits [Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --traits ) [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --traitsMacro ) Actions [Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --actions ) [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --actionsMacro ) Reactions [Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --reactions ) [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --reactionsMacro ) Legendary Actions [Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --legendaryActions ) [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --legendaryactionsMacro ) Ability Checks [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --abilityChecks ) [Query](!shaped-abilities --abilityChecksQuery ) Saves [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --saves ) [Query](!shaped-abilities --savesQuery ) Misc [Lair Actions](!shaped-abilities --lairActions ) [Regional Effects](!shaped-abilities --regionalEffects ) [Initiative](!shaped-abilities --initiative ) [Statblock](!shaped-abilities --statblock ) [Rests](!shaped-abilities --rests ) [Delete All Abilities](!shaped-abilities --DELETE ) }} #Shaped-Import-Menu /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Shaped API Import}}{{ [Monster](!shaped-import-monster ) [Statblock](!shaped-import-statblock ) [Spell](!shaped-import-spell ) }} This is super awesome! &nbsp;Thanks so much for sharing this :)
Avatar of Woah said: The most up to date versions of these macros can be found&nbsp; in this google docs file. If you're like me and you use this script you are likely either keeping the reference page open in a separate tab at all times or only use a few limited functions. The latter of which would be a shame since every aspect of this script is essential to creating a good game in a short period of time. I've created an API Button Menu which grants you access to nearly all the commands available. I just went down the reference page and added them one at at time. Hope some people find this useful. I did it for me (Working hard so that I can be lazy later) and thought I'd share it with everyone. #Shaped-Menu (This is the only macro you'll need to call. This references the others in an effort to make it easier to call it from the chat window without competing for the limited space in the dropdown bar that pops up when you type #MacroName ) /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Shaped Menu}}{{ [Import New Creature/Spell](! #Z-Shaped-Import-Menu ) [Give token new actions](! #Z-Shaped-Abilities ) [Quickly Format New Characters](! #Z-Shaped-N-PC-Configure-Menu ) }} # Z-Shaped-Import-Menu (Its important to name the macro exactly as it appears here) /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Shaped Import}}{{ [Monster](!shaped-import-monster ) [Statblock](!shaped-import-statblock ) [Spell](!shaped-import-spell ) }} #Z-Shaped-PC-Configure (Again naming is important. This furnishes a PC with my personal blend of token actions) !shaped-abilities --attacksMacro !shaped-abilities --initiative !shaped-abilities --spells !shaped-abilities --rests #Z-Shaped-NPC-Configure&nbsp;(Again naming is important. This furnishes a NPC with my personal blend of token actions) !shaped-abilities --statblock !shaped-apply-defaults Z-Shaped-N-PC-Configure-Menu (Brings up the buttons for quickly configuring new characters) /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Shaped Character Format}}{{ [PC](! #Z-Shaped-PC-Configure ) [NPC](! #Z-Shaped-NPC-Configure ) [Delete All Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --DELETE) }} #Shaped-Abilities (Grants a suprisingly small and easy to use menu to configure all the possible Shaped Abilities) /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=}}{{ Advantage Tracker [Long](!shaped-abilities --advantageTracker ) [Short](!shaped-abilities --TrackerShort ) [Shortest](!shaped-abilities --advantageTrackerShortest ) [Shortest](!shaped-abilities --advantageTrackerQuery ) Attacks [Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --attacks ) [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --attacksMacro ) Traits [Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --traits ) [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --traitsMacro ) Actions [Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --actions ) [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --actionsMacro ) Reactions [Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --reactions ) [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --reactionsMacro ) Legendary Actions [Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --legendaryActions ) [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --legendaryactionsMacro ) Ability Checks [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --abilityChecks ) [Query](!shaped-abilities --abilityChecksQuery ) Saves [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --saves ) [Query](!shaped-abilities --savesQuery ) Misc [Lair Actions](!shaped-abilities --lairActions ) [Regional Effects](!shaped-abilities --regionalEffects ) [Initiative](!shaped-abilities --initiative ) [Statblock](!shaped-abilities --statblock ) [Rests](!shaped-abilities --rests ) [Delete All Abilities](!shaped-abilities --DELETE ) }} #Shaped-Import-Menu /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Shaped API Import}}{{ [Monster](!shaped-import-monster ) [Statblock](!shaped-import-statblock ) [Spell](!shaped-import-spell ) }} The main Shaped-Menu macro doesn't work for me and the google doc doesn't have the macros on it. The doc only has descriptions and pictures.
Chris said: Avatar of Woah said: The most up to date versions of these macros can be found&nbsp; in this google docs file. If you're like me and you use this script you are likely either keeping the reference page open in a separate tab at all times or only use a few limited functions. The latter of which would be a shame since every aspect of this script is essential to creating a good game in a short period of time. I've created an API Button Menu which grants you access to nearly all the commands available. I just went down the reference page and added them one at at time. Hope some people find this useful. I did it for me (Working hard so that I can be lazy later) and thought I'd share it with everyone. #Shaped-Menu (This is the only macro you'll need to call. This references the others in an effort to make it easier to call it from the chat window without competing for the limited space in the dropdown bar that pops up when you type #MacroName ) /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Shaped Menu}}{{ [Import New Creature/Spell](! #Z-Shaped-Import-Menu ) [Give token new actions](! #Z-Shaped-Abilities ) [Quickly Format New Characters](! #Z-Shaped-N-PC-Configure-Menu ) }} # Z-Shaped-Import-Menu (Its important to name the macro exactly as it appears here) /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Shaped Import}}{{ [Monster](!shaped-import-monster ) [Statblock](!shaped-import-statblock ) [Spell](!shaped-import-spell ) }} #Z-Shaped-PC-Configure (Again naming is important. This furnishes a PC with my personal blend of token actions) !shaped-abilities --attacksMacro !shaped-abilities --initiative !shaped-abilities --spells !shaped-abilities --rests #Z-Shaped-NPC-Configure&nbsp;(Again naming is important. This furnishes a NPC with my personal blend of token actions) !shaped-abilities --statblock !shaped-apply-defaults Z-Shaped-N-PC-Configure-Menu (Brings up the buttons for quickly configuring new characters) /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Shaped Character Format}}{{ [PC](! #Z-Shaped-PC-Configure ) [NPC](! #Z-Shaped-NPC-Configure ) [Delete All Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --DELETE) }} #Shaped-Abilities (Grants a suprisingly small and easy to use menu to configure all the possible Shaped Abilities) /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=}}{{ Advantage Tracker [Long](!shaped-abilities --advantageTracker ) [Short](!shaped-abilities --TrackerShort ) [Shortest](!shaped-abilities --advantageTrackerShortest ) [Shortest](!shaped-abilities --advantageTrackerQuery ) Attacks [Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --attacks ) [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --attacksMacro ) Traits [Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --traits ) [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --traitsMacro ) Actions [Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --actions ) [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --actionsMacro ) Reactions [Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --reactions ) [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --reactionsMacro ) Legendary Actions [Token Actions](!shaped-abilities --legendaryActions ) [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --legendaryactionsMacro ) Ability Checks [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --abilityChecks ) [Query](!shaped-abilities --abilityChecksQuery ) Saves [In Chat](!shaped-abilities --saves ) [Query](!shaped-abilities --savesQuery ) Misc [Lair Actions](!shaped-abilities --lairActions ) [Regional Effects](!shaped-abilities --regionalEffects ) [Initiative](!shaped-abilities --initiative ) [Statblock](!shaped-abilities --statblock ) [Rests](!shaped-abilities --rests ) [Delete All Abilities](!shaped-abilities --DELETE ) }} #Shaped-Import-Menu /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Shaped API Import}}{{ [Monster](!shaped-import-monster ) [Statblock](!shaped-import-statblock ) [Spell](!shaped-import-spell ) }} The main Shaped-Menu macro doesn't work for me and the google doc doesn't have the macros on it. The doc only has descriptions and pictures. same all the one that open other menu's seem just to say&nbsp;#Z-Shaped-Abilities in chat insted of opening a new menu. not sure what i doing wrong.

Edited 1478434704
Salicar said: Chris said: The main Shaped-Menu macro doesn't work for me and the google doc doesn't have the macros on it. The doc only has descriptions and pictures. same all the one that open other menu's seem just to say&nbsp;#Z-Shaped-Abilities in chat insted of opening a new menu. not sure what i doing wrong. The Google Doc has the macros as comments but they seem really fiddly to access (they would only come up for me on mobile not desktop) and if you try to make a copy to see them, Docs doesn't copy comments to your copy X_X. Avatar of Woah it might be worth having the macros in the normal text instead and just have a table of contents at the start of the document so it's easier to navigate.
Zym
Sheet Author
I've updated my game with the scripts companion but the tokens are not rolling their hit points when I move them onto the battlemap.
Zym
Sheet Author
I changed back to the older script I was using, because I would hope it would just roll the hit points. But upon re-pasting the script I had&nbsp; "ShapedScripts 1478987733251 INFO : -=&gt; ShapedScripts v0.8.2 &lt;=-" "ShapedScripts 1478987733255 INFO : &gt; Updating Schema to v0.9 from 3&lt;" "ShapedScripts 1478987733256 INFO : Preupgrade state: {\"version\":3,\"config\":{\"logLevel\":\"INFO\",\"tokenSettings\":{\"number\":false,\"bar1\":{\"attribute\":\"HP\",\"max\":true,\"link\":false,\"showPlayers\":false},\"bar2\":{\"attribute\":\"speed\",\"max\":false,\"link\":true,\"showPlayers\":false},\"bar3\":{\"attribute\":\"\",\"max\":false,\"link\":false,\"showPlayers\":false},\"aura1\":{\"radius\":\"\",\"color\":\"#FFFF99\",\"square\":false},\"aura2\":{\"radius\":\"\",\"color\":\"#59e594\",\"square\":false},\"showName\":false,\"showNameToPlayers\":false,\"showAura1ToPlayers\":true,\"showAura2ToPlayers\":true,\"light\":{\"radius\":\"\",\"dimRadius\":\"\",\"otherPlayers\":false,\"hasSight\":true,\"angle\":360,\"losAngle\":360,\"multiplier\":1}},\"newCharSettings\":{\"sheetOutput\":\"***default***\",\"deathSaveOutput\":\"***default***\",\"initiativeOutput\":\"***default***\",\"showNameOnRollTemplate\":\"{{show_character_name=1}}\",\"rollOptions\":\"***default***\",\"initiativeRoll\":\"***default***\",\"initiativeToTracker\":\"***default***\",\"breakInitiativeTies\":\"[[@{initiative} / 100]][tie breaker]\",\"showTargetAC\":\"***default***\",\"showTargetName\":\"***default***\",\"autoAmmo\":\"1\",\"autoRevertAdvantage\":false,\"houserules\":{\"mediumArmorMaxDex\":2,\"saves\":{\"useCustomSaves\":\"***default***\",\"useAverageOfAbilities\":\"***default***\",\"fortitude\":{\"fortitudeStrength\":\"***default***\",\"fortitudeDexterity\":\"***default***\",\"fortitudeConstitution\":\"***default***\",\"fortitudeIntelligence\":\"***default***\",\"fortitudeWisdom\":\"***default***\",\"fortitudeCharisma\":\"***default***\"},\"reflex\":{\"reflexStrength\":\"***default***\",\"reflexDexterity\":\"***default***\",\"reflexConstitution\":\"***default***\",\"reflexIntelligence\":\"***default***\",\"reflexWisdom\":\"***default***\",\"reflexCharisma\":\"***default***\"},\"will\":{\"willStrength\":\"***default***\",\"willDexterity\":\"***default***\",\"willConstitution\":\"***default***\",\"willIntelligence\":\"***default***\",\"willWisdom\":\"***default***\",\"willCharisma\":\"***default***\"},\"savingThrowsHalfProf\":false},\"baseDC\":\"***default***\",\"expertiseAsAdvantage\":\"***default***\"},\"tab\":\"***default***\",\"tokenActions\":{\"initiative\":false,\"abilityChecks\":null,\"advantageTracker\":null,\"savingThrows\":null,\"attacks\":null,\"statblock\":false,\"traits\":null,\"actions\":null,\"reactions\":null,\"legendaryActions\":null,\"lairActions\":null,\"regionalEffects\":null,\"rests\":false,\"spells\":false},\"textSizes\":{\"spellsTextSize\":\"text\",\"abilityChecksTextSize\":\"text\",\"savingThrowsTextSize\":\"text\"},\"hide\":{\"hideAttack\":\"***default***\",\"hideDamage\":\"***default***\",\"hideAbilityChecks\":\"***default***\",\"hideSavingThrows\":\"***default***\",\"hideSavingThrowDC\":\"***default***\",\"hideSpellContent\":\"***default***\",\"hideSavingThrowFailure\":\"***default***\",\"hideSavingThrowSuccess\":\"***default***\",\"hideRecharge\":\"***default***\",\"hideFreetext\":\"***default***\"},\"applyToAll\":false,\"hitDiceOutput\":\"***default***\",\"showRests\":\"***default***\"},\"advTrackerSettings\":{\"showMarkers\":false,\"ignoreNpcs\":false,\"advantageMarker\":\"green\",\"disadvantageMarker\":\"red\",\"output\":\"silent\"},\"genderPronouns\":[{\"matchPattern\":\"^f$|female|girl|woman|feminine\",\"nominative\":\"she\",\"accusative\":\"her\",\"possessive\":\"her\",\"reflexive\":\"herself\"},{\"matchPattern\":\"^m$|male|boy|man|masculine\",\"nominative\":\"he\",\"accusative\":\"him\",\"possessive\":\"his\",\"reflexive\":\"himself\"},{\"matchPattern\":\"^n$|neuter|none|construct|thing|object\",\"nominative\":\"it\",\"accusative\":\"it\",\"possessive\":\"its\",\"reflexive\":\"itself\"}],\"defaultGenderIndex\":2,\"sheetEnhancements\":{\"autoHD\":true,\"rollHPOnDrop\":true,\"autoSpellSlots\":true,\"autoTraits\":true},\"variants\":{\"rests\":{\"longNoHpFullHd\":false}}}}" "ShapedScripts 1478987733257 ERROR : Unknown schema version for state {\"version\":3,\"config\":{\"logLevel\":\"INFO\",\"tokenSettings\":{\"number\":false,\"bar1\":{\"attribute\":\"HP\",\"max\":true,\"link\":false,\"showPlayers\":false},\"bar2\":{\"attribute\":\"speed\",\"max\":false,\"link\":true,\"showPlayers\":false},\"bar3\":{\"attribute\":\"\",\"max\":false,\"link\":false,\"showPlayers\":false},\"aura1\":{\"radius\":\"\",\"color\":\"#FFFF99\",\"square\":false},\"aura2\":{\"radius\":\"\",\"color\":\"#59e594\",\"square\":false},\"showName\":false,\"showNameToPlayers\":false,\"showAura1ToPlayers\":true,\"showAura2ToPlayers\":true,\"light\":{\"radius\":\"\",\"dimRadius\":\"\",\"otherPlayers\":false,\"hasSight\":true,\"angle\":360,\"losAngle\":360,\"multiplier\":1}},\"newCharSettings\":{\"sheetOutput\":\"***default***\",\"deathSaveOutput\":\"***default***\",\"initiativeOutput\":\"***default***\",\"showNameOnRollTemplate\":\"{{show_character_name=1}}\",\"rollOptions\":\"***default***\",\"initiativeRoll\":\"***default***\",\"initiativeToTracker\":\"***default***\",\"breakInitiativeTies\":\"[[@{initiative} / 100]][tie breaker]\",\"showTargetAC\":\"***default***\",\"showTargetName\":\"***default***\",\"autoAmmo\":\"1\",\"autoRevertAdvantage\":false,\"houserules\":{\"mediumArmorMaxDex\":2,\"saves\":{\"useCustomSaves\":\"***default***\",\"useAverageOfAbilities\":\"***default***\",\"fortitude\":{\"fortitudeStrength\":\"***default***\",\"fortitudeDexterity\":\"***default***\",\"fortitudeConstitution\":\"***default***\",\"fortitudeIntelligence\":\"***default***\",\"fortitudeWisdom\":\"***default***\",\"fortitudeCharisma\":\"***default***\"},\"reflex\":{\"reflexStrength\":\"***default***\",\"reflexDexterity\":\"***default***\",\"reflexConstitution\":\"***default***\",\"reflexIntelligence\":\"***default***\",\"reflexWisdom\":\"***default***\",\"reflexCharisma\":\"***default***\"},\"will\":{\"willStrength\":\"***default***\",\"willDexterity\":\"***default***\",\"willConstitution\":\"***default***\",\"willIntelligence\":\"***default***\",\"willWisdom\":\"***default***\",\"willCharisma\":\"***default***\"},\"savingThrowsHalfProf\":false},\"baseDC\":\"***default***\",\"expertiseAsAdvantage\":\"***default***\"},\"tab\":\"***default***\",\"tokenActions\":{\"initiative\":false,\"abilityChecks\":null,\"advantageTracker\":null,\"savingThrows\":null,\"attacks\":null,\"statblock\":false,\"traits\":null,\"actions\":null,\"reactions\":null,\"legendaryActions\":null,\"lairActions\":null,\"regionalEffects\":null,\"rests\":false,\"spells\":false},\"textSizes\":{\"spellsTextSize\":\"text\",\"abilityChecksTextSize\":\"text\",\"savingThrowsTextSize\":\"text\"},\"hide\":{\"hideAttack\":\"***default***\",\"hideDamage\":\"***default***\",\"hideAbilityChecks\":\"***default***\",\"hideSavingThrows\":\"***default***\",\"hideSavingThrowDC\":\"***default***\",\"hideSpellContent\":\"***default***\",\"hideSavingThrowFailure\":\"***default***\",\"hideSavingThrowSuccess\":\"***default***\",\"hideRecharge\":\"***default***\",\"hideFreetext\":\"***default***\"},\"applyToAll\":false,\"hitDiceOutput\":\"***default***\",\"showRests\":\"***default***\"},\"advTrackerSettings\":{\"showMarkers\":false,\"ignoreNpcs\":false,\"advantageMarker\":\"green\",\"disadvantageMarker\":\"red\",\"output\":\"silent\"},\"genderPronouns\":[{\"matchPattern\":\"^f$|female|girl|woman|feminine\",\"nominative\":\"she\",\"accusative\":\"her\",\"possessive\":\"her\",\"reflexive\":\"herself\"},{\"matchPattern\":\"^m$|male|boy|man|masculine\",\"nominative\":\"he\",\"accusative\":\"him\",\"possessive\":\"his\",\"reflexive\":\"himself\"},{\"matchPattern\":\"^n$|neuter|none|construct|thing|object\",\"nominative\":\"it\",\"accusative\":\"it\",\"possessive\":\"its\",\"reflexive\":\"itself\"}],\"defaultGenderIndex\":2,\"sheetEnhancements\":{\"autoHD\":true,\"rollHPOnDrop\":true,\"autoSpellSlots\":true,\"autoTraits\":true},\"variants\":{\"rests\":{\"longNoHpFullHd\":false}}}}" "ShapedScripts 1478987733261 INFO : Upgraded state: undefined"

Edited 1478988685
Zym
Sheet Author
See I am using shaped v2.14.13 character sheet and an old version of Shaped Companion. However the reason I am using these is that I have made back up copies of my game before and tried using newer sheets but the formatting and everything is always completely broken when updating from my old sheets. I have quite a few hours of monsters and tokens set up for the campaign and don't want to lose data. I would straight up switch to SRD5 OGL if I could still make a Stat Import (But as far as I know you cannot still import via stat text blocks using SRD5 OGL) I am a bit worried now that reverting back to this old version of companion has somehow caused an issue.&nbsp; I also found that the newer shaped companion was adding an odd Hit Points total to one of my NPCs ( +18) from a very simple statblock
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What happens when you convert to the new Shaped sheet?

Edited 1478992624
Zym
Sheet Author
Disarray !&nbsp; Firstly I am copying a game to do so. (When I did this last week I had a lot of red text in character sheets) However today the red lettering has gone. ... ...now if I click on a characters abilities in the chat window is&nbsp; and the same is true for my monsters where I click an attack and there is no roll. It displays descriptions in the chat block but errors too.

Edited 1479032027
Zym
Sheet Author
Well I managed to stabilise the sheets and scripts and the game together so I can play tonight.&nbsp; Using Shaped Sheet ver.2.4.13 and the 'latest' shaped sheet companion The one thing I can't get to work is Rolling HP for moots on drop. Even when its set to 'ON'
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alexander said: Well I managed to stabilise the sheets and scripts and the game together so I can play tonight.&nbsp; Using Shaped Sheet ver.2.4.13 and the 'latest' shaped sheet companion The one thing I can't get to work is Rolling HP for moots on drop. Even when its set to 'ON' 2.4.13? That's an ancient &nbsp;version. I would expect trouble when updating, or trying to use it with the latest script. But w/r/t rolling hp, have you made sure the hp bar on your default token is not &nbsp;linked to HP? It will only roll when it's not linked. Concerning the chat errors, you need to open the character sheet at least once after updating for all the macros to work again. But in your case, there are bound to be errors updating from 2.4.13 to 7.0.x either way...

Edited 1479033457
Zym
Sheet Author
Haha I wouldn't say an ancient version. Its a few months old yeah, but ancient?&nbsp; I run a game and when its safe and I can update I do update. But then I see messages saying its not safe to update and then I see messages its an ancient sheet and can't update. *frustration* but the API guys are doing a great job its just difficult to get it right as a DM. Anyway not to worry I will probably not update the sheet until I start a new campaign. As for the Roll HP on Drop. Yeah the HP Bar is linked to "None"&nbsp; Roll HP Drop is likely because of the sheet version I am using and the name paths are worded differently.&nbsp; In the sheet I am using the name path is&nbsp; attr_hp_formula

Edited 1479033127
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Version 2.4.13 is from April this year. That's 7 months of development time for both the sheet and the script. That's a long time. The latest script is designed to work with the latest sheet. The latest sheet is designed to work with the latest script. They cannot be mixed and matched with success. Lucian has stated he won't support such setups. Alexander said: when its safe and I can update I do update. If you haven't upgraded in 7 months then this can't be true. Falling behind on updates does have its consequences. That said as we've discussed via PM I'm willing to help here. I just yesterday fixed the upgrade path which I believe was causing the most issues. If you want to work on making it work then lets do so. If you're just venting frustration then this forum is not the place to do so.
Zym
Sheet Author
Hi Kryx, no I am not trying to vent my frustration I was here to try to get this to work.&nbsp; I won't go into why I did not update but I have reasons which like you say are not really on topic.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hey Alexander, Sorry, but as Kryx has stated, I don't support mixing and matching different versions. I have very limited time available to work on the script these days and I'm aiming to put all of that into fixing bugs in the current version and moving functionality forwards. If you want total stability then you need to stick with a single version of the sheet and a contemporaneous version of the script. But you won't get bug fixes or other new features that way. Unfortunately for you, if you've upgraded the script there is no downgrade path, so you may need to revert to your original game prior to copying to get back to a stable combination. Sorry I can't be more helpful,

Edited 1479047352
Zym
Sheet Author
Lucian and Kryx.&nbsp; The work your doing is great&nbsp; Only Roll HP on Drop is not working. Not game breaking, so don't worry (likely due to old shaped sheet ver 2.4.13) I guess there is not a way to convert my monster depository. On a new campaign I will start fresh. I'd rather you spent your time helping the community rather than help me with a sheet I didn't update.&nbsp; :-) Thanks for the messages and answering my queries.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you're willing to upgrade the sheet to 7.0.X+ then I can take the time to ensure the sheet upgrades works. The upgrades should work anyways.

Edited 1479050421
Zym
Sheet Author
I did get the Roll HP on Drop to work.&nbsp; install latest companion script manually goto line 2896&nbsp; removed Shaped_ from&nbsp; roll20.sendChat('', `%{${character.get('name')}| shaped_ npc_hp}`, (results) =&gt; { I already understand going from ver 2.4.13 to 7.0.X+ is a lot of time and work. So if it becomes a reliable option without going out your way then it means I can update to the latest sheet in and use the transmogifier to import all my monsters from the depositry The copy of the game is linked here. Its far from beautiful but I'll create an open invite if you want to take your time and get messy. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/1794536/FaHm8Q" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/1794536/FaHm8Q</a> Feel free to export the monsters to your own game if you get your magic to work.

Edited 1479059151
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I would expect most of the sheet would work on upgrade currently. If you're still seeing red make sure you have the translation setup. If it doesn't work then I can take a look probably middle of next week. I need to get spells in a slightly better state before I play on Tuesday and have some other things going on, but I want the upgrade path working. If you spend time diagnosing the upgrade path and seeing what is currently going wrong that'll help me speed up the process as well, but that's up to you.

Edited 1479326208
Could someone recommend a good site that shows monster stats for importing with !shaped-import-statblock. All websites i've tried so far just gives alot of errors. Usually this " Field size should have appeared 1 more times Field alignment should have appeared 1 more times" When i add this to the GM notes. Giant Centipede Size Small Type Beast Alignment Unaligned AC 13 (Natural Armor) HP 4 (1d6+1) Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft. STR 5 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 1 WIS 7 CHA 3 Senses Blindsight 30 Ft. Passive Perception 8 Challenge Rating 1/4 I've tried changing the format around, no matter how i edit the stats it just gives me the same error. Could really use a statblock source that's used by others. XD Edit. Well now it started working. It is now fantastic and i love it!

Edited 1479506155
Calle M. said: Could someone recommend a good site that shows monster stats for importing with !shaped-import-statblock. All websites i've tried so far just gives alot of errors. Usually this " Field size should have appeared 1 more times Field alignment should have appeared 1 more times" Edit. Well now it started working. It is now fantastic and i love it! Wait, how did you get it working? &nbsp;I have this .. which does not work... QUAGGOTH Size Medium humanoid (quaggoth) chaotic neutral AC 13 (natural armor) HP 45 (6d8 + 18) Speed 30ft., climb 30ft. STR 17 (+3) DEX 12 (+1) CON 16 (+3) INT 6 (-2) WIS 12 (+1) CHA 7 (- 2) Skills Athletics +5 Damage Immunities poison Condition Immunities poisoned Senses darkvision 120ft., passive Perception 10 Languages Undercommon Challenge 2 (450 XP) Wounded Fury. While it has 10 hit points or fewer, the quaggoth has advantage on attack rolls. In addition, it deals an extra 7 (2d6) damage to any target it hits with a melee attack. ACTIONS Multiattack. The quaggoth makes two claw attacks. Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) slashing damage. I get: Shaped Scripts Error: Field type should have appeared 1 more times Field alignment should have appeared 1 more times

Edited 1479507970
Zym
Sheet Author
It should be written something like this. QUAGGOTH Medium humanoid (quaggoth), chaotic neutral Armor Class 13 (natural armor) Hit Points 45 (6d8 + 18) Speed 30ft., climb 30ft. STR 17 (+3) DEX 12 (+1) CON 16 (+3) INT 6 (-2) WIS 12 (+1) CHA 7 (- 2) Skills Athletics +5 Damage Immunities poison Condition Immunities poisoned Senses darkvision 120ft., passive Perception 10 Languages Undercommon Challenge 2 (450 XP) Wounded Fury. While it has 10 hit points or fewer, the quaggoth has advantage on attack rolls. In addition, it deals an extra 7 (2d6) damage to any target it hits with a melee attack. ACTIONS Multiattack. The quaggoth makes two claw attacks. Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (ld6 + 3) slashing damage.
Thanks Alexander!!!
Hey @ Lucian , first of all, thanx for the great scripts! Can you please add permalink to @ Avatar of Woah 's message somewhere in Readme.md of your script on GitHub ? Would be great. I believe many would fine it useful, though it's not easy to find it in forum all by itself. Keep up the good work ! ^_^
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hey All, Sorry for the lack of responses/updates here recently - real life has got a bit crazy recently and I have no time to dedicate to Roll20 at all. I'm hoping that things should return to normal in a couple of weeks and then I'll get back on some bugfixes and improvements. Cheers, Lucian
I see here that real life has impacted Lucian. Maybe someone else has my answer. Where can I find a template or guide on how to import characters, spells and monsters? I'm found some json files but I don't know where to put them, what to name them and how to import them. Any help is appreciated.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hey, Apologies for the lack of activity here - real life continues to be a bit insane here (that's what comes of living 1200m up the side of a mountain unfortunately!) I've responded directly to Leon now. Will try and get some updates pushed out soon but it might be the new year before I do much... Cheers, Lucian

Edited 1481609854
Currently getting an error that is rendering me unable to into any of the view options in the configuration menu, is there a work around, or direct codes to change options directly?
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hey Dillon, Could you provide some more details of the error you're seeing? With a screenshot perhaps... Cheers, Lucian
I don't know if there was a recent update but it seems to be fixed :)
I saw some chatter on the main Shaped forum about how the API needed a few tweaks to play nicely with the recent updates Kryx rolled out. Are the two sync'd up now? Thanks much.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I avoided making changes that would require API changes as Lucian has not been around. So everything should be ok.
Kryx said: I avoided making changes that would require API changes as Lucian has not been around. So everything should be ok. Good deal. Thank you both, as always.
One of the recent updates to the way spells are handled broke the ability to create individual token actions for spells. !shaped-abilities --Eldritch Blast Unrecognised or poorly formed option Eldritch Blast The spellbook functionality (created with --spells) still works.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
4.10.0 (2017-01-08) Bug Fixes apply-defaults: Stop bar changes causing data corruption ( fc74192 ) parser: Traits should allow for parenthesis. ( 8df5e0d ), closes #262 token-numbering: Fix failure to apply token numbering ( b6e0f72 ) Features config: Add hide cost option to new character options ( a828aff ), closes #266 IMPORTANT: This will be the last version that will be compatible with pre-8.0.0 versions of the sheet. The next script release will have breaking changes that only work with 8.x versions of the sheet. If you have the script installed from 1-Click and you are not intending to upgrade your sheet to 8.x then you should install the 4.10.0 script now from github and disable the 1-click version to avoid breakages in the future. Apologies for the long hiatus - real life has been very busy. I am going to try and dedicate a little time each week to making progress with the script from now on, so hopefully things will get back on track.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
I'm doing some work on bringing the script up to compatibility with the 8.x releases of the sheet. This code will not be released properly until Kryx formally releases the 8.x sheet to Roll20, but if anyone wants to test out a bleeding edge version you can get it from here: <a href="https://gist.github.com/symposion/7a16056c1b20ac50" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/symposion/7a16056c1b20ac50</a>... Please note that this version of the script is built automatically from the development repository so it is likely to break occasionally. So far I've fixed the advantage reversion feature to work with 8.x + also added the new query options to the defaults settings for roll options. Should be more similar fixes rolling out over the next week or so and then I'll do a proper release once Kryx is ready to release the new sheet.
I have a request that I hope is not too difficult. &nbsp;I prefer to name all of my tokens Monster %%NUMBERED%% so that I can track the monsters and the players only have the visuals of the tokens to go on. &nbsp;It would be nice to either have a way to set a default token name, or to allow the token name that is there when you import/apply defaults remain instead of being overridden.