Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5e Shaped Companion Script Thread 2

Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Guys, Sorry for the lack of response - very busy at the moment. The HD issue I know about, and it's fixed, but I haven't released the fix yet. The other stuff I will try and look at later today.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Den G. said: Just import Green-flame blade and was testing the spells. &nbsp;Below is how it rolled. &nbsp;Warlock, 2nd level...so very weird...no damage. &nbsp;suggestions? So this is indeed an issue. It should show 0 + ABILITY. But we don't have secondary casting stat setup. I've created&nbsp;<a href="https://github.com/symposion/roll20-shaped-scripts/issues/152" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/symposion/roll20-shaped-scripts/issues/152</a> for Lucian to fix it on his end. I'll fix the other part on my end.
Hello guys, Thanks for the answer Lucian! Take your time, we all appreciate your work. Im here to report another bug that I found wich has something to do with the import from SRD. When I drag ranged weapons from SRD to "Attacks" camp on the 5e 4.3.2 shaped sheet, like "Light Crossbow" or another weapon, the auto ammo does not work, and eventualy the script crashes and need to be reloaded. When I put the info manualy, it works fine. This is not a major bug, and the info is very ok to put it manulay, but I thought it is important to report for future references. Thanks for your work guys.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Bakunin, Dragging from the SRD is something that the sheet does. And auto ammo population is not part of that. There is nothing in the SRD that specifies what type of ammo it uses, but I can add the ranged weapons to my sheetworkers to auto-populate ammo. I have created&nbsp;<a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets/issues/142" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets/issues/142</a> to handle this enhancement.
Zym
Sheet Author
Green Flame!!

Edited 1466283585
My buddy and I did some memory benchmarking last night and were eyeballing the logs. Even with auto-use-ammo == false, if the ammo checkbox for a ranged weapon is set to true, the script seems to still check if the ammo type of the weapon and the ammo's name match. If they do not it throws an error, which is expected if auto-ammo == true, but I would think if auto-use-ammo == false it wouldn't test to see if the name values matched? Hopefully I explained that well enough?

Edited 1466291258
I've been hunting around the forums for a few hours and can't find a solid answer for this question: How do I create or where do I find the spell database mentioned in your documentation? All I can find about this are posts from at least a year ago ( Like this one here ) with, what I'm going to guess, are old versions since I've also seen some comments saying the json format was broken by sheet changes recently. Am I just blind, or is there not any documentation on how to actually set up the spell/monster database? Help on this would be greatly appreciated.
I imported Giant Spider and no 'bite' action was imported.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Den, Giant spider worked from the SRD and the script import for me. Can you please include sheet and script version, steps to reproduce, and the resulting screenshot of the statblock?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Talked to Lucian and realized that the ammo problem is a bit different than what I assumed. I fixed that on 4.3.4:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/3546513/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/3546513/</a> I'll keep the other issue open and hopefully fix it at some point.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
3.1.0 (2016-06-19) Bug Fixes ammo-handling: Ensure that auto ammo handling only happens when switched on ( 6503033 ), closes #154 hit-dice: Fix HD rolling for latest sheet ( c7a4309 ) rest-handling: Fix errors on rest when HP and HD values not set ( b0f1858 ), closes #157 Features spell-import: Support adding casting stat to secondary damage (for Green Flame Blade) ( a33e59f ), closes #152 Github link as normal in the OP. Some notes for all the things that have been raised in the last week or so: As Kryx mentioned above, the issue with auto ammo not working was because the sheet didn't recognise ammo items that were added *after* the relevant weapon entry that referenced them was created. The latest version of the sheet has a fix for this @WebCoder - you were quite right, there was a check for a falsey value but the actual value was a string '0' so that wasn't working correctly. Now fixed @Bakunin - I can't reproduce your problem with the config menu. Can you try with the latest script and sheet please and tell me if the problem still exists? The long rest issue was caused by sheets that had no values for HP or HD. I've fixed the script to be more robust in these cases Token setup issues So there's a couple of things going on here. First of all, there are some misunderstandings about how this works. The defaults that you configure in !shaped-config are applied to a token that is selected at the point that you do !shaped-import-monster or !shaped-import-statblock. They can also be applied manually by running !shaped-apply-defaults. They are not &nbsp;applied whenever you drop a token from the journal, and I have no real intention of changing this. Thanks to the way that default tokens work in Roll20, you must setup your token how you want it before &nbsp;you set it as a default token for a character (internally the token info is stored on the character as a JSON dump of the current state of the token which is used to recreate a new token each time you drag the character from the journal). The script applies bars on drop because this is useful for HP which actually need to change each time a token is dropped (assuming you want variable HP rolling); but for the other values that will be the same each time, this would be completely redundant - so you should use the built in roll20 functionality to support this use case. If setting up a token from the SRD the correct sequence is: Create new character, set as NPC Drag relevant item from SRD Drag token onto the canvas Set token to represent the new character Select token and run !shaped-apply-defaults Open character and set selected token as default Alternatively, you could bypass the SRD entirely and do: Drag token onto canvas Select token Run !shaped-import-monster --Veteran Open character sheet, click import Click edit at the top right and set the selected token as default (Assuming that you have an appropriate monster database that contains the relevant monsters) There is an&nbsp; outstanding bug that means that only some of the default token actions get created when a token is configured by !shaped-import-monster. Thanks to the unfortunate way that sheet workers and the API can't really interact properly, Kryx and I have no credible fix for this at the moment, so you may have to run !shaped-apply-defaults anyway if you want token actions for things like actions and attacks to be created automatically. I'll try and prod Riley to see if there's any chance that they're going to fix this any time soon. Let me know if there are any outstanding issues that aren't covered here. Happy Rolling!
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Important postscript: For anyone that is getting frustrated with the tortuous workarounds that arise from having to press "import" manually on the character sheet, or the bug I mentioned in my last post - and for anyone who would like to see richer dynamic behaviour in the sheet supported by the API, (currently hard since the API can't trigger the sheetworker code in the sheet), it would be great if you could vote for this bug:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3123549/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3123549/</a>
Orta
Sheet Author
Translator
Hi Lucian, thank you for a great script ! On 3.1.0, auto-ammo decrease is not working anymore (sheet 4.3.4). - Create a fresh character - import longbow - toggle ammo usage on the weapon (it creates the ammo automatically) - use the weapon : ammo count remain the same (auto-ammo is toggle-on on the setting tab of the sheet). Reverting the script to 3.0.0 resolve the issue.
I am trying to use the animated armor stat block and keep getting this. This is my first time using rhe script. Am i doing something wrong? "Error: No attribute or sheet field found for character_id -KKdJA7GmC9mQ2SvU0gA named hp_formula"
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Luke, that is a macro from the sheet. Can you please post sheet version, script version, and reproduction steps to that thread?
I was using the wrong sheet duh. Thanks
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Luke said: I am trying to use the animated armor stat block and keep getting this. This is my first time using rhe script. Am i doing something wrong? "Error: No attribute or sheet field found for character_id -KKdJA7GmC9mQ2SvU0gA named hp_formula" Generally speaking that happens because you haven't opened the character sheet and clicked the "import" button after running the script import command. If you are new to the script I'd strongly recommend reading the documentation and following the steps outlined in the relevant section under "Usage" to the letter &nbsp;before reporting issues - it will save you a lot of time and aggravation.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
3.1.1 (2016-06-19) Bug Fixes ammo-processing: Fix bug introduced in ammo handling in 3.1.0 ( f4e7723 ), closes #161
Hi Lucian, thanks for your hard work! I tried to reproduce the issues I was having, and did this in a whole new game session just to be sure that any premade config or anything else would interfere. I can confirm, using char sheet 4.3.4 and API 3.1.1 that the issues with HD, Longrest, Auto-Ammo and Auto-Ammo when imported from SRD are working fine! The only remaining issue is the !shaped-config new characters section, wich the options that I wish to use as default for every new character in my campaign are: Show Name on Roll Template Revert Advantage Show Target AC Show Target Name Auto Use Ammo These options doesn't work as default for any new character sheet. Other options doesnt work as well, like Default Tab Initiative options. This is not a pain when I'm building a specific new character, but when I'm constantly importing new monsters from SRD, it is kind of annoying to have to configure it all manualy. Anyway, it is not a priority as I said, but it would be nice if it was working. Take your time! Thanks for your work.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Bakunin, Did you read what I said about how the defaults work? I suspect that you are expecting to do something it's not designed to do. Can you describe precisely what you are doing and what you expect?&nbsp; Lucian
Lucian said: Hi Bakunin, Did you read what I said about how the defaults work? I suspect that you are expecting to do something it's not designed to do. Can you describe precisely what you are doing and what you expect?&nbsp; Lucian Thanks for the quick answer Lucian, Yes, I read what you said, but if I understood correctly, this is different. You said about token configuration, wich only works with the !shaped-monster-import tool, and thats ok, I understand. But im talking about character sheets, and not tokens. I go to:&nbsp; !shaped-config New characters --&gt; view &nbsp; &nbsp; then I set the options I want as default like this: &nbsp; If I understand correctly, these options were supposed to appear like this: But instead the default options are appearing like this: Obs: &nbsp;Once again I apologise for my english, I'm from Brasil, and english sometimes can be a hard time to me. Overall I can understand very good, but sometimes I get loss. So, if im not understanding correctly, I apologise.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hey Bakunin, No worries, this is something a bit confusing that many people misunderstand whether or not they speak English natively! The problem here is that the script doesn't do anything for new characters created manually though the journal - only when you run !shaped-import-monster or !shaped-import-statblock or !shaped-apply-defaults. There is no functionality to do something for new characters that you add manually. Having said that, your question makes me wonder whether actually this would be possible. I think I could hook into the "add:character" event and then set the relevant attributes whenever a new sheet was created. I'm not sure why this was never done - I will have to check with Kryx to see if there's a reason why this wouldn't work.
Ok! Many thanks!

Edited 1466386350
So I have been using the script and it seems that the Import spell only works(visible) for the GMs. As a player, is i use the !shaped-import-spell command the output goes to the GM and not the player. Can this be changed to include the player? (script 3.1.1,sheet 4.3.4) Th spell import is a very usesfull ability for players.
.Also in the game I just finished, it seemed that all spells imported as Strength saves instead of the proper save. Not sure if it's a sheet or script issue.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
BP: Yes, this is something that I've had in the back of my mind for a while now. The script basically just assumes it will only be used by the GM, but actually a) it needs some checks to prevent players modifying things they don't control and b) it needs to be more intelligent about where it sends output. I have raised an issue for this:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/symposion/roll20-shaped-scripts" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/symposion/roll20-shaped-scripts</a>... but it will be at least a week before it gets addressed I'm afraid. I've just checked and the save problem happens with SRD import as well, so I'm guessing this is a sheet issue. Kryx? @Bakunin: I think it should be possible to change the behaviour to be more like what you expect. I won't know if there are problems until I try, but I've created an issue to track it:&nbsp;<a href="https://github.com/symposion/roll20-shaped-scripts/issues/164" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/symposion/roll20-shaped-scripts/issues/164</a>

Edited 1466429013
Kryx said: Den, Giant spider worked from the SRD and the script import for me. Can you please include sheet and script version, steps to reproduce, and the resulting screenshot of the statblock? Kryx, I have no idea what happened. &nbsp;On Saturday, I imported a lot of monsters using the !shaped-monster --giant spider. &nbsp;It did not include the bite action when I imported, but I just redid it and it worked fine. &nbsp;I will need to check my other monsters. &nbsp;Some I imported using the !shaped-import-monster and some the !shaped-monster --'monster name'. &nbsp;Should not make a difference I know, but if one monster was off, eh, others may be also in game.

Edited 1466430327
I had imported the Adult Blue Dragon on Friday this past week and the display looked similar to the below (I noted the legendary text actions). &nbsp;I deleted the monster, updated the Shaped sheet and updated the companion sheet to 3.1.1, then reimported with !shaped-monster --adult blue dragon. &nbsp;Should it look like the below (legendary actions seem off)? &nbsp;[I looked at the vampire that I imported the other day and the legendary actions are the same as the blue dragon]
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Den G. said: I had imported the Adult Blue Dragon on Friday this past week and the display looked similar to the below (I noted the legendary text actions). &nbsp;I deleted the monster, updated the Shaped sheet and updated the companion sheet to 3.1.1, then reimported with !shaped-monster --adult blue dragon. &nbsp;Should it look like the below (legendary actions seem off)? &nbsp;[I looked at the vampire that I imported the other day and the legendary actions are the same as the blue dragon] Hi Den, You're missing the translations.json file from the sheet. You need to paste it into the translations tab in the custom sheet settings page.

Edited 1466431025
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You need to upload the translations. Check the top post on the Shaped thread. EDIT: ninja'd by 2 seconds!
I uploaded the newest translation file titled en from the link on the 4.3.0 page before I made the import. &nbsp;I will try deleting and adding again.

Edited 1466468132
Updated the sheet to 4.6.0. and now getting this error from the API: "TypeError: Cannot read property 'config' of undefined" This is happening in 2 of my games and not in the other 2. I've replaced the companion script, the html, css and translations and I can't figure out why it's happening.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kaelev said: Updated the sheet to 4.6.0. and now getting this error from the API: "TypeError: Cannot read property 'config' of undefined" This is happening in 2 of my games and not in the other 2. I've replaced the companion script, the html, css and translations and I can't figure out why it's happening. No idea - I don't see this :-( Ping me a campaign invite and I'll have a look when I next have a moment.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Probably not the same cause, but make sure the OGL companion isn't installed. See&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3553106/for-some-reason-the-actions-in-the-new-shaped-sheet-4-dot-4-0-are-causing-my-api-to-crash#post-3554045" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3553106/for-some-reason-the-actions-in-the-new-shaped-sheet-4-dot-4-0-are-causing-my-api-to-crash#post-3554045</a>
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
NB: There's a bug with the latest version of the sheet that prevents spell and monster import from working. I've sent Kryx a PR to fix it but in the meantime you might want to hold off upgrading if you need to use import functionality.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I will create a release within the hour.

Edited 1466801904
Hey guys. I know you are busy, and at the moment, 3.1.1 and 4.6.3 works fine to me, for what I use. As I dont import monsters nor spells from custom databases, only from the SRD, it is very good! Thank you guys for your efforts! Apart from that, I would like to suggest, if possible, an idea: In my campaign, the world is harder than the usual, and I have many house rules to simulate it. One of my house rules, is the auto HP for monsters, when dragged. This works sweet, but I feel that the rolled are usualy below the average for monsters of higher dificulty. For example: A monster with 5d8+5 HP has 27 HP as average in the monster book. This same monster have 45 HP Total and half of that would be 22,5 round to 23 HP ((5d8 rolled {20 average} + Half of mod {2,5 round to 3}) = 23HP) The rolls tend to be somewhere near 23 HP because of the average, and not 27. I would love to have an option to increase the average, by having the first dice rolled full and the modifiers rolled full as well ( (1 full d8 {8} + 4d8 rolleds {18} + Full mod {5}) = 31} wich increases the average of the exampled monster hit point, making my houserule world be more like I want to. Is it possible or easy to do? If it is not, I appologise. I don't want to make trouble for you. I know that I'm one person who uses this system, but I'm sure that other DM's would like to increase the life of theyr monsters without making too hard for the players, and yet having a randomness wich increases the experience of in-game emotions!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Monsters do not have their first HD dice for full. The averages should be the average from the book, though I haven't tested it.

Edited 1466803828
Kryx said: Monsters do not have their first HD dice for full. The averages should be the average from the book, though I haven't tested it. I know, that's why I said it is a house rule that I use, and would like to be done to improve the monsters average hit dice, without maxing it making more difficult, but not that difficult. It is something I would like to use. You are correct, they do not have the first HD dice for full. This is something I would like to be implemented as a house rule. first HD dide for full + &nbsp;mods for full, the others HD dices rolled.
Bakunin said: Kryx said: Monsters do not have their first HD dice for full. The averages should be the average from the book, though I haven't tested it. I know, that's why I said it is a house rule that I use, and would like to be done to improve the monsters average hit dice, without maxing it making more difficult, but not that difficult. It is something I would like to use. You are correct, they do not have the first HD dice for full. This is something I would like to be implemented as a house rule. first HD dide for full + &nbsp;mods for full, the others HD dices rolled. Rather than programming a house rule, why not just edit the modifier to include one full HD? In your example, the monster has 5d8+5. Increase the modifier on the sheet to +13 making the HP roll 5d8+13. &nbsp;I believe the sheet also takes into consideration the CR of the monster. So I'd imagine a rule like that may be difficult, but I leave that to the script writers to confirm.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If he just wants full HD he can just add some to the bonus as you say, but it wouldn't be 13. 5d8 with max on the first would be +4 (8/2) Supporting a houserule of this small of consequence doesn't seem worth it to me.
Why would it be (8/2) if he wants a solid 8 from the first HD? I saw it as (1st HD at max) 8 + 4d8 + 5&nbsp;

Edited 1466811246
Kaelev said: Why would it be (8/2) if he wants a solid 8 from the first HD? I saw it as (1st HD at max) 8 + 4d8 + 5&nbsp; Yes, you are correct. 8+4d8+5, The monster I took as an example is a Bugbear. Kryx said: If he just wants full HD he can just add some to the bonus as you say, but it wouldn't be 13. 5d8 with max on the first would be +4 (8/2) Supporting a houserule of this small of consequence doesn't seem worth it to me. If it doesn't worth, dont waste time. I really don't want to trouble for you guys. But is there an option to add a bonus to the dragged HD automaticaly? I mean. when it is dragged, it rolls everything, but as I explained before, the average is lower than I expect.

Edited 1466811705
I took the advice for you guys, and altered the formula of the monsters. In the example case from above, instead of (5d8+5), I altered to (4d8+4)+9)) It seems to work, because I noticed the average is getting higher on the dragged rolls. The only problem of this, is that I need to go to each monster sheet and alter manualy the HP formula. But this is not a major issue. Thank you guys.

Edited 1466923293
Sheet: 4.6.3 API: 3.1.1 Since the 4.6.3 update and I believe when Kyrx added the separators to the saving throws, when creating a new PC character or importing a new NPC, the Saving Throw macro doesn't bring them up in the chat screen. Recreation: Import any NPC Ensure it is fully imported Add Saving Throw macro to NPC token Activate the Saving Throw macro and observe Is it possible to get a fix prior to updating the API to address what Kryx has done with 5.0.1? This is occuring in multiple gmaes of mine.

Edited 1466933700
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
When you say "observe" can you please provide a screenshot and describe thee result that you do not like? it's rather unclear what has gone wrong. After testing this has nothing to do with the script. The script simply references the sheet's macro for saving throws which does not setup correctly in 4.63, but does in 5.0.1. Since the sheet is the one in volatile development you should likely assume any issues reside there.
Zym
Sheet Author
Hi I am using an older 5e shaped script. I can't be sure what version it is. But it works well so I use it.&nbsp; However I was wondering if there is a macro I can set up to import the spells on an NPC as token actions (such as&nbsp;!shaped-abilities --actions) I am creating an Acolyte and would love his spells known as token actions.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There is no script command. You can use %{NAME|repeating_spell_$0_spell} to do so.
Zym
Sheet Author
Instead of NAME, what is the command for using selected token?