Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5e Shaped Companion Script Thread 2

Edited 1484907551
I'm sorry if it doesn't belog here, but since yesterday I keep getting this other error... Even when I turn all existing scripts off to troubleshoot... What confuses me is the line in bold, is there anything I need to do if shapedscripts is disabled? I've also tried re enabling the scripts, but other than this I don't see anything I could check or change in regards to the API scripts section. Error: Unrecognised schema state 3.1 - cannot upgrade. at Migrator.migrateConfig (apiscript.js:11645:14) at ShapedScripts.checkInstall (apiscript.js:11020:15) at apiscript.js:7856:11 at eval (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:34), :65:16) at Object.publish (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:34), :70:8) at checkForReady (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1291:12) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1370:9 at c (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:14:64) at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) my guess is it's the sheet itself, but I don't understand how anything would break overnight :/
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Anthyrst said: my guess is it's the sheet itself, but I don't understand how anything would break overnight :/ The sheet has no impact on the error message you posted above. It's related to the script or the wrapper roll20 has around scripts. Most likely the wrapper as that is the only thing to change recently.
Kryx said: Anthyrst said: my guess is it's the sheet itself, but I don't understand how anything would break overnight :/ The sheet has no impact on the error message you posted above. It's related to the script or the wrapper roll20 has around scripts. Most likely the wrapper as that is the only thing to change recently. Sorry again, but... what does that mean? Is there anything I can do, or should I wait for this to be solved on Roll20 side?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
He means that the issue has nothing to do with the character sheet, it is an issue in the API. It's either a problem with something in the Roll20 Code that runs the script (wrapper), or it's a problem in the script itself. In this case, the issue originates from the ShapedScripts script.  It checks the information it has stored in the state object of the api.  I'm guessing you tried the newest version of the script, then switched back to the version that was in the one-click.  The error message is the ShapedScripts script saying that the data stored in state is of a version it doesn't recognize, so it is dropping out. The only way to fix that is either to switch back to the newest version, or to clear out the state for the script and reconfigure everything for the script.
I did temporarily go to the same version (not from the library one click) due to the mentioned bug of 2 days ago, but deleted that and re-enabled the one click one after. I'll try reinstalling all the library ones, see if that fixes it, thanks for the help :)
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Anthyrst, If you've updated at some point to a recent github version of the script, you won't be able to go back to the 1-click version easily because you've upgraded the config data that the script uses and there's no simple way to downgrade it. I might include a feature that lets you wipe your config and start again in this case; in fact at some point I probably ought to create a chat window UI for the upgrade itself that warns you about what is going on and the consequences of upgrading. Can you tell me what version of the sheet you are using and (if possible) which version of the script you installed a couple of days ago? In the worst case we can delete your script configuration, which will lose your !shaped-config settings but nothing more - shouldn't take too long to restore that by hand. I probably ought to put some more warnings in the documentation about this as well since it catches a lot of people out...
Zym
Sheet Author
Are there any open issues with !config and when I import stat blocks as sheets the api is failing to default set 'whisper' 'break ties' 'shown name on output'. If not ill post in the errors on githib later when I get home.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Alexander said: Are there any open issues with !config and when I import stat blocks as sheets the api is failing to default set 'whisper' 'break ties' 'shown name on output'. If not ill post in the errors on githib later when I get home. Hey Alexander, What version of the sheet and the script are you using?
Zym
Sheet Author
I'll double check when I get home. Its been updated to 8+. But not 9 if there is one. I suppose if there is a 9 I should just update the sheet?
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Alexander said: I'll double check when I get home. Its been updated to 8+. But not 9 if there is one. I suppose if there is a 9 I should just update the sheet? The currently released script isn't fully compatible with version 8.x of the sheet. There's a development version of the script available that is, however - see further up the thread for the link. I'd advise you to back up your campaign first, however -  both the sheet and the script are under quite active development just now and there could be some issues - and it's not easy to downgrade once you upgrade versions of either... Hopefully in the next week or so both Kryx and I will reach a slightly more stable point with the sheet/script respectively
Zym
Sheet Author
Thanks Lucian. I am using version v.8.5.1 and I haven't changed anything since its initial release, so I will leave it and carry on (as this is a minor problem) until your official fix is compiled.
Getting an Error after using !shaped-import-statblock, "Field alignment should have appeared 1 more times" this was using a Statblock from a Hero Lab PDF Here is the Statblock: Berserker Medium humanoid, no alignment ————— Armor Class 13 (hide) Hit Points 67 (9d8+27) Speed 30 ft. ————— STR 16 (+3), DEX 12 (+1), CON 17 (+3), INT 9 (-1), WIS 11 (+0), CHA 9 (-1) ————— Senses passive Perception 10 Languages any one language (usually common) Challenge 2 (450 XP) ————— Reckless. At the start of its turn, the berserker can gain advantage on all melee weapon attack rolls during that turn, but attack rolls against it have advantage until the start of its next turn. Actions ————— Greataxe. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (1d12+3) slashing damage.

Edited 1485300095
Zym
Sheet Author
@Lucien The problem has gone. So not sure what happened. Gremlins? @Ajax unaligned? rather than no alignment... Is that exactly how you posted your Stat block? Because if it is, then you've done then all of the format would be wrong. A stat block should be in this format: Guard Medium humanoid (any race), any alignment Armor Class 16 (chain shirt, shield) Hit Points 11 (2d8 + 2) Speed 30ft. STR 13 (+1) DEX 12 (+1) CON 12 (+1) INT 10 (+0) WIS 11 (+0) CHA 10 (+0) Skills Perception +2 Senses passive Perception 12 Languages any one language (usually Common) Challenge 1/8 (25 XP) Actions Spear. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d6 + 1) piercing damage.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
AJAX's format should work besides alignment I think. I definitely use hit points and speed and armor on different rows.
Zym
Sheet Author
Good to know. Thanks Kryx.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Ajax said: Getting an Error after using !shaped-import-statblock, "Field alignment should have appeared 1 more times" this was using a Statblock from a Hero Lab PDF Here is the Statblock: Berserker Medium humanoid, no alignment ————— Armor Class 13 (hide) Hit Points 67 (9d8+27) Speed 30 ft. ————— STR 16 (+3), DEX 12 (+1), CON 17 (+3), INT 9 (-1), WIS 11 (+0), CHA 9 (-1) ————— Senses passive Perception 10 Languages any one language (usually common) Challenge 2 (450 XP) ————— Reckless. At the start of its turn, the berserker can gain advantage on all melee weapon attack rolls during that turn, but attack rolls against it have advantage until the start of its next turn. Actions ————— Greataxe. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (1d12+3) slashing damage. Hi Ajax, You have two problems with your statblock. The first is that the standard terms in WotC material are either "unaligned" or "any alignment". The statblock import uses the format from the MM and other WotC official material, so you need to stick to that format and the terminology it uses. In your case I guess you probably want "any alignment" since "unaligned" is generally used for beasts with low intelligence that have no concept of alignment. The second problem (which you will find when you fix the first one) is that the script doesn't expect to find the rows of dashes dividing things up. This might seem perverse since they are there visually in the MM, but in WotC material these are graphical elements rather than text elements, and consequently do not paste out when you select the text. If you fix the alignment and remove the rows of dashes, your Beserker imports as expected. Hope that helps! Cheers,

Edited 1485453384
Lucian said: Hi Anthyrst, If you've updated at some point to a recent github version of the script, you won't be able to go back to the 1-click version easily because you've upgraded the config data that the script uses and there's no simple way to downgrade it. I might include a feature that lets you wipe your config and start again in this case; in fact at some point I probably ought to create a chat window UI for the upgrade itself that warns you about what is going on and the consequences of upgrading. Can you tell me what version of the sheet you are using and (if possible) which version of the script you installed a couple of days ago? In the worst case we can delete your script configuration, which will lose your !shaped-config settings but nothing more - shouldn't take too long to restore that by hand. I probably ought to put some more warnings in the documentation about this as well since it catches a lot of people out... haven't had the chance to come back to roll20 in a while, but gave a shot at this... I wouldn't mind losing the config, I hadn't set up much in the first place! I can't remember what version I upgraded to temporarily, but I'm using the 'standard' shaped sheet that is in the drop-down menu when I create a game. I, sadly, can't check myself as someone else owns the room (we swapped DMs) but any help is still appreciated! :) ninja edit: I tried something incredibly obvious that I'd missed before... I updated to the latest github version again, it works perfectly fine now! :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
you need a space before the -- !shaped-abilities --actions !shaped-abilities --traits
Kryx said: you need a space before the -- !shaped-abilities --actions !shaped-abilities --traits Thanks, yes I JUST noticed my error XD
I opened this thread tonight thinking I'd need to ask questions, then went through the configuration tools and read over the API documentation properly and realized just how amazing the tools are for this sheet. So I have no questions. I just want to say thanks to you guys for making using Roll20 so much easier for me and my players. You're awesome.

Edited 1485614624
I'm having issues configuring defaults for the Token Bar Options. Sheet v7.12.2 Script version is the latest added automatically form the Game Settings API drop-down. I am not sure if it's buggy or I'm just failing to understand something (most likely). Ideally I want to have **Roll HP on Drop** enabled, and the Token Bar defaulted to: Bar 1: Attribute = HP (rolled); Max = On; Link = Off Bar 2: Attribute = AC; Max = Off; Link: = On Bar 3: = Everything BLANK I then have a Macro for !shaped-apply-defaults. My goal is to drag a token onto the map, have the HP be rolled on drop, then click the Macro to set the default token and sheet options. After clicking the Macro: Roll HP on Drop no longer works for any future tokens dragged out (this has reverted seemingly randomly) All of my other New Sheet defaults are applied correctly the Token Bars behave randomly .  Sometimes they respect the settings, but more often at least one of two things happens: BAR 1 updates updates the Average HP from the Sheet the AC is displayed in Bar 2 but the link is attached to Bar 3, (or vice-versa) Sometimes, though Bar 1 is empty also. I've tried for about an hour to replicate the exact same problem to get a clear cause, or at least a sequence of configuration and actions, but can't get my head around what is going on. I've also tried various Attributes, i.e. "AC", "ac", etc. *edited for formatting
Other scripts I have running: Tracker Jacker Aura TokenMod Group-Initiative
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Andy B. said: I then have a Macro for !shaped-apply-defaults. My goal is to drag a token onto the map, have the HP be rolled on drop, then click the Macro to set the default token and sheet options. You don't need to do this. If you set the token defaults in the config you don't need to run !shaped-apply-defaults.
Kryx said: Andy B. said: I then have a Macro for !shaped-apply-defaults. My goal is to drag a token onto the map, have the HP be rolled on drop, then click the Macro to set the default token and sheet options. You don't need to do this. If you set the token defaults in the config you don't need to run !shaped-apply-defaults. So when are these defaults applied? I need to have the Sheet and Token defaults applied to the existing monster sheets from the module. That's the only reason I was running !shaped-apply-defaults.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
!shaped-config lets you set the default bars, default token actions, etc. In config you can set bar 1 to HP, have it set to max, have it linked, etc. But that may only work on import. Lucian nor I use any of the premade modules so we haven't tested them. I'm sure Lucian could add the default action on drag as well.
Kryx said: !shaped-config lets you set the default bars, default token actions, etc. In config you can set bar 1 to HP, have it set to max, have it linked, etc. But that may only work on import. Lucian nor I use any of the premade modules so we haven't tested them. I'm sure Lucian could add the default action on drag as well. I see. I think my issue might stem from not understanding that these  were meant to be used with the Companion Import functionality, whereas my use-case is more batch-edit of existing sheets and tokens. With that in mind I can work with the existing tokens. My only remaining question then is why the "Roll HP On Drop" feature is not functioning.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Andy B. said: whereas my use-case is more batch-edit of existing sheets and tokens. !shaped-apply-defaults should definitely work on existing tokens. I used it to convert my hp from bar 3 to bar 1 a few months back. Honestly, Lucian is the better resource to answer script questions. I'll let him answer here.

Edited 1485622835
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Andy B. said: Kryx said: !shaped-config lets you set the default bars, default token actions, etc. In config you can set bar 1 to HP, have it set to max, have it linked, etc. But that may only work on import. Lucian nor I use any of the premade modules so we haven't tested them. I'm sure Lucian could add the default action on drag as well. I see. I think my issue might stem from not understanding that these  were meant to be used with the Companion Import functionality, whereas my use-case is more batch-edit of existing sheets and tokens. With that in mind I can work with the existing tokens. My only remaining question then is why the "Roll HP On Drop" feature is not functioning. Yes, the apply-default functionality seems to be more fitting for being done once  when you create a monster sheet, then you can save it as default and forget about it. (EDIT: which is not to say that the companion scripts does not work for this, in theory at least it does). For batch editing of tokens and sheets,TokenMod (tokens) and ChatSetAttr (sheets) are likely to be more appropriate. Regarding roll HP on drop, perhaps it's a conversion issue for the hp_formula attribute.  Try editing the NPCs number or size of hit dice, and make sure that their default token's bar 1 is not linked to anything. 
Jakob said: Yes, the apply-default functionality seems to be more fitting for being done once  when you create a monster sheet, then you can save it as default and forget about it. (EDIT: which is not to say that the companion scripts does not work for this, in theory at least it does). For batch editing of tokens and sheets,TokenMod (tokens) and ChatSetAttr (sheets) are likely to be more appropriate. Regarding roll HP on drop, perhaps it's a conversion issue for the hp_formula attribute.  Try editing the NPCs number or size of hit dice, and make sure that their default token's bar 1 is not linked to anything.  Default Token Bar 1 is not linked. When I edit the # of HD on the NPC sheet for "Goblin", it seems to become unresponsive. That is: I do not see the value update after tabbing out of that field. Now when I click either the CORE, COG, or ALL tabs, the sheet does not update. Same with toggling EDIT MODE. Closing the sheet and re-opening defaults to the CORE tab, but it remains unresponsive. Below are relevant (my best guess, anyway) Attributes on this sheet: npcd_hpformula = (2d6) npc_hpformula = 2d6 convertedFromOGL = true hit_die = 2d6 hit_dice = 2 hp_formula = 2d6 hd_d6 = 2 hd_d6_query = ?{HD|1|2} hd_d6_toggle = 1
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Andy B. said: I'm having issues configuring defaults for the Token Bar Options. Sheet v7.12.2 Script version is the latest added automatically form the Game Settings API drop-down. I am not sure if it's buggy or I'm just failing to understand something (most likely). Ideally I want to have **Roll HP on Drop** enabled, and the Token Bar defaulted to: Bar 1: Attribute = HP (rolled); Max = On; Link = Off Bar 2: Attribute = AC; Max = Off; Link: = On Bar 3: = Everything BLANK I then have a Macro for !shaped-apply-defaults. My goal is to drag a token onto the map, have the HP be rolled on drop, then click the Macro to set the default token and sheet options. After clicking the Macro: Roll HP on Drop no longer works for any future tokens dragged out (this has reverted seemingly randomly) All of my other New Sheet defaults are applied correctly the Token Bars behave randomly .  Sometimes they respect the settings, but more often at least one of two things happens: BAR 1 updates updates the Average HP from the Sheet the AC is displayed in Bar 2 but the link is attached to Bar 3, (or vice-versa) Sometimes, though Bar 1 is empty also. I've tried for about an hour to replicate the exact same problem to get a clear cause, or at least a sequence of configuration and actions, but can't get my head around what is going on. I've also tried various Attributes, i.e. "AC", "ac", etc. *edited for formatting Hi Andy, This sounds like an issue that Kryx found recently - the script doesn't handle changing bars for existing tokens correctly and this causes unpredictable results. Most people didn't notice because they mainly set things up on their first import and then don't change the tokens again afterwards. The good news is that Kryx gave me a fix; the bad news is that it's tied in with the code that we're going to release for the 9.x version of the sheet. This means that you'll need to upgrade when the new sheet comes out in a little while, and you won't be able to get the fix until that happens. My apologies for the inconvenience, but I do this largely for my own satisfaction, and maintaining multiple branches of the same code is Not My Idea Of Fun; it's the sort of thing that made me quit being a professional programmer so I'm not about to start doing it in my spare time ;-)
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Urgh. Just read your latest message. Seems like you may also have issues with the HD formula stuff in the sheet itself. I've noticed in the past that it's possible to get this stuff into some strange states but I've never managed to work out exactly how or why. My suggestion would be to manually delete all the attributes connected to HP/HD, shut down the whole campaign and then start again. If I'm feeling very motivated at some point in the future I might try and debug this with the JS console open to try and find a reliable reproduction path for this one so Kryx can fix it...
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Andy B. said: Jakob said: Yes, the apply-default functionality seems to be more fitting for being done once  when you create a monster sheet, then you can save it as default and forget about it. (EDIT: which is not to say that the companion scripts does not work for this, in theory at least it does). For batch editing of tokens and sheets,TokenMod (tokens) and ChatSetAttr (sheets) are likely to be more appropriate. Regarding roll HP on drop, perhaps it's a conversion issue for the hp_formula attribute.  Try editing the NPCs number or size of hit dice, and make sure that their default token's bar 1 is not linked to anything.  Default Token Bar 1 is not linked. When I edit the # of HD on the NPC sheet for "Goblin", it seems to become unresponsive. That is: I do not see the value update after tabbing out of that field. Now when I click either the CORE, COG, or ALL tabs, the sheet does not update. Same with toggling EDIT MODE. Closing the sheet and re-opening defaults to the CORE tab, but it remains unresponsive. Below are relevant (my best guess, anyway) Attributes on this sheet: npcd_hpformula = (2d6) npc_hpformula = 2d6 convertedFromOGL = true hit_die = 2d6 hit_dice = 2 hp_formula = 2d6 hd_d6 = 2 hd_d6_query = ?{HD|1|2} hd_d6_toggle = 1 You might be a victim of this  bug in Roll20, which triggers whenever you delete a token linked to a character sheet. That would explain unresponsiveness. hp_formula exists however, it's weird that automatic rolling does not work... Anyway, to make the character sheet respond again, you'll have to reload your roll20 tab.
You might be a victim of this bug in Roll20, which triggers whenever you delete a token linked to a character sheet. That would explain unresponsiveness. hp_formula exists however, it's weird that automatic rolling does not work... Anyway, to make the character sheet respond again, you'll have to reload your roll20 tab. Reloading fixed unresponsiveness, thanks.
@Lucian is your "ShapedScripts v5.0.0-dev+604" that you linked before intended for use with the sheet 9.x or is it still compatible with 8.x?
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
John S. said: @Lucian is your "ShapedScripts v5.0.0-dev+604" that you linked before intended for use with the sheet 9.x or is it still compatible with 8.x? Hi John, The development versions are still designed for 8.x; I won't be pushing stuff for 9.x until Kryx puts that on his github.
OK, just making sure. Thanks!

Edited 1485979688
Zym
Sheet Author
Yeah Hi Lucian, Kryx or anybody with five minutes. I've been using stat block importing for quite a while and never have imported a monster from the SRD 5th Edition Compendium. The times I have tried, I haven't managed to get the  !shaped-import-monster to work for me.  So I thought I'd just ask instead of blankly stare at my screen or avoid this any longer. I've run such commands into the chat command box. !shaped-monster-lich  !shaped-monster--lich !shaped-monster-import-lich !shaped-monster-lich !shaped-import-monster--lich I'd be willing to give up. If you tell me this is not designed for the SRD  5th Edition Compendium and only custom monster databases (which as far as I am aware. I do not own any or know where to find any). I always thought that this script was intended to use on the SRD. Supposedly it works faster than drag'n'drop from the SRD.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
!shaped-import-monster is only for json databases. The correct syntax is "!shaped-import-monster --Lich" without the quotes. You can see tThe  documentation for more info and examples. "!shaped-import-statblock" is for importing a statblock in the chat. For SRD you need to do it all manually as the API has no access to it.
Zym
Sheet Author
I'll ask. Honestly maybe I am being dense. Isn't the 5th Edition Compendium a Json Database?  If I type "!shaped-import-monster --Lich" without the quotes into the chat output box I receive an error  Shaped Scripts Unrecognised or poorly formed option Lich Again, maybe I am being overly dense, but if I don't ask then it'll bug the hell out of me for not asking.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alexander said: I'll ask. Honestly maybe I am being dense. Isn't the 5th Edition Compendium a Json Database?  If I type "!shaped-import-monster --Lich" without the quotes into the chat output box I receive an error  Shaped Scripts Unrecognised or poorly formed option Lich Again, maybe I am being overly dense, but if I don't ask then it'll bug the hell out of me for not asking. Sent you a PM.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Roll20's SRD is not a json file, no. The script works with JSON files or with statblocks.

Edited 1486025118
It's looking like compendium entries from Volo's Guide are not importing properly? Particularly those with spell lists, just tried importing Evoker and all the spells got super messed up coming in. I'm guessing due to not all spells being in compendium and the weird way they formatted the spell lists with */^ next to the spell name? Not even sure if their version include spell descriptions and whatnot in the character sheet, the compendium entry just has links to the spells that are in the SRD.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hey Isaiah, Compendium drag-and-drop import is a feature of the sheet that doesn't use the script, so you might be better of reporting in the thread on the character sheet forum rather than here. Regrettably neither the sheet nor the script have "active" access to the compendium - we can't look something up and pull it in - so we're stuck with whatever Roll20 gives us as part of the drag-and-drop process. In the case of spellcasting monsters, we just get the names of the spells, not the actual descriptions, unfortunately. I'm going to talk to Kryx about an option to make this better - a command to "rehydrate" spells that have been imported just as names into full spells, using a custom JSON database if you have one - but it may be a little way off.

Edited 1486068774
Mike
Pro
Hey, thanks for making this sheet and scripts. I just converted my game over from using the standard OGL. I was playing another game where I'm pretty sure spell slots auto updated with this sheet when you cast them. Am I missing a setting somewhere to enable this, or is that functionality currently broke?
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Michael, We had this functionality but it was problematic because it involved making inferences about which slots were intended which can get messy especially with multiclassing between warlock and other caster classes. It's on the roadmap to re-enable after 9.x goes out. Cheers,
Thanks for the Response Lucian. I could see how that would be problematic with Warlock in the mix.  I had another question actually. My game is the Storm Kings Thunder from Roll20 and whenever I open a character sheet for the first, especially if it's a caster, the game locks up or completely crashes while it's converting the sheet over. Is there a better way for me to handle this so it doesn't happen?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That is handled by the sheet conversion. If you wait it will work. If you crash the window the creature will likely have issues due to the failed conversion.
Lucian said: Hey Isaiah, Compendium drag-and-drop import is a feature of the sheet that doesn't use the script, so you might be better of reporting in the thread on the character sheet forum rather than here. Regrettably neither the sheet nor the script have "active" access to the compendium - we can't look something up and pull it in - so we're stuck with whatever Roll20 gives us as part of the drag-and-drop process. In the case of spellcasting monsters, we just get the names of the spells, not the actual descriptions, unfortunately. I'm going to talk to Kryx about an option to make this better - a command to "rehydrate" spells that have been imported just as names into full spells, using a custom JSON database if you have one - but it may be a little way off. Yeah, that makes sense. Totally spaced on the fact that it would be related to the sheet and not the script. Auto fixing up the spells through the script would be dope, but I realized I can just manually use the JSON method, so it's not the end of the world.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
asdfalsdkf 5.0.0 (2017-02-04) WARNING: BREAKING CHANGES! This release is not compatible with previous versions of the sheet, it only works with 9.0.0 and later, which has not been made live as a default yet - it's only available to be installed as a custom sheet from github. DO NOT INSTALL this script unless you have the 9.x sheet, you will break your config and put yourself in a world of hurt. In addition, the spells JSON format has changed slightly; you will need to update this if you have a custom database. Bug Fixes advantage-tracker: Fix advantage reversion to work with new sheet ( 830f93b ), closes #263 config: Update advantage options to match sheet 8.x.x ( f1bea77 ) config: Update config to match 9.x sheet ( 840e0fd ) hp-roller: Fix possible bug with sending HP info to chat ( 4e73e67 ) monster-import: Don't strip bracketed info from spell names ( 1326c7a ), closes #261 spell-import: Update spell attributes to match 9.x sheet ( 6a3f5b2 ) token-actions: Fix broken token action creation for individual spells ( cdf7d1d ), closes #273 traits: Don't warn when no uses value present ( a2f0a68 ), closes #256 Features monster-import: --as option for monsters ( 5c14ef7 ), closes #255 spell-import: Fix higher level text to be in its own field ( 5a21361 ), closes #278 traits: Decrement traits by per_use value if present ( 90bcd49 ), closes #265 Known Issues Sometimes an error is reported in chat when first opening the character sheet and clicking import for a recently imported character. This is harmless and comes from a problem with HP rolling in this particular situation. It will go away in the next release when I move to using API sheetworkers and get rid of the "Click to import" overlay. There are a lot of changes in this release, some of them quite substantial. I have tried to test but it's quite possible that there are still some bugs. Please be sure to take a copy of your campaign and play with the new sheet/script for a while before committing your live campaign to it. There are still some substantial changes to come, so if you're looking for stability I'd recommend waiting for a week or so until a few more of these come down the pipeline. Enjoy!