Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5e Shaped Companion Script Thread 2

Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
4.4.6 (2016-07-24) Bug Fixes apply-defaults: Apply vision settings from senses to tokens using apply-defaults ( 30a5534 ) statblock-import: Relax matching on legendary action point text ( ccce353 ) I have pushed this version to Roll20, hopefully this will merge it soon and this will mean that the 1-click version functions properly again.
Lucian, Kryx said this one might be better answered by you: I'm adding some FX to spells on existing characters via the special effects check mark on the spells tab. They work fine if I click the spell from the spells tab on the sheet, but when I click them from the macro on the settings tab or from the spells token action, the FX don't work. Do I need to update the macro in some way? Thanks!
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
John S. said: Lucian, Kryx said this one might be better answered by you: I'm adding some FX to spells on existing characters via the special effects check mark on the spells tab. They work fine if I click the spell from the spells tab on the sheet, but when I click them from the macro on the settings tab or from the spells token action, the FX don't work. Do I need to update the macro in some way? Thanks! Ok, looks like this might actually be a sheet issue after all. Have chatted to Kryx and he will sort out a fix. Cheers,
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
6.0.4 of the sheet should solve it. See the sheet thread.
Thank you both for taking the time to work on this!
I am having some trouble with the example monster script.  I get the following error  Value "0.2.1" doesn't match pattern /^0\.2$/ on all monsters.  I am using the script version from the 1 click install which I did today.  I am using the latest version of 5e-Monsters.js
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Ken M. said: I am having some trouble with the example monster script.  I get the following error  Value "0.2.1" doesn't match pattern /^0\.2$/ on all monsters.  I am using the script version from the 1 click install which I did today.  I am using the latest version of 5e-Monsters.js Yeah, sorry, I'm afraid the 1-click version is broken because Roll20 haven't updated it for several weeks :-( Can you install the github one for the moment? 
I did, and it is working, except now I have it set to add actionsMacro by default and it is not adding them
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Ken, Yeah, there's an awkward bug here. Thanks to some Roll20 limitations, new characters are not properly initialised until you click "import" on the sheet overlay. More recent versions of the script check for the existence of actions/traits/attacks/etc before creating a token action for them - this is to allow people to switch on all of the token actions that they want without having the script generate a whole bunch of redundant ones for characters that don't have the relevant item - e.g. it won't create a "Spells" token action for a character with no spells, or a "Legendary Actions" token action for creatures without legendaries. Unfortunately the combination of these two things means that the script refuses to automatically create token actions on character creation for anything that references a repeating section. I can do a partial fix which will sort out the macro-based ones because I do already know at import time that a character will have actions/attacks/etc. But I can't fix it for people who like to have individual attacks as separate token actions, since I need the repeating section ids to create these, and they don't exist until the Import button on the overlay has been pushed. Hopefully Roll20 will sort out the lack of integration between sheet workers and the API soon and all of this mess will go away. In the meantime, the workaround is to run !shaped-apply-defaults on your token after you do !shaped-import-monster and have clicked the "Import" button. It's clunky, I know; if it bugs you a lot please complain to Roll20 about the fact that the API doesn't trigger sheetworkers, because it has made Kryx and my lives a bit of a nightmare :-/
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
PS 4.4.6 is now live for 1-click - so for the first time in a long time the 1-click version is the same as the github one!

Edited 1470142632
I'm getting an unrecognized schema Error Error: Unrecognised schema state 2.9 - cannot upgrade. Steps followed: 1: Previously using version 4.4.6 from Github. 2: Switched to 1-Click version 3: Get error on API Startup 4: Switch back to Github Copy - No Error and Schema shown as 2.9 Scratch that, 1-Click version not yet updated. Still loading v4.0.0
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, sorry, I received a merge notification for my pull request and assumed that this meant that the 1-click version would be updated. 4.4.6 is live on roll20's github, but there appears to be another step between that and it appearing in the 1-click system that hasn't been done yet. I'll drop them a message and see what's going on.
Lucian said: Hi Ken, Yeah, there's an awkward bug here. Thanks to some Roll20 limitations, new characters are not properly initialised until you click "import" on the sheet overlay. More recent versions of the script check for the existence of actions/traits/attacks/etc before creating a token action for them - this is to allow people to switch on all of the token actions that they want without having the script generate a whole bunch of redundant ones for characters that don't have the relevant item - e.g. it won't create a "Spells" token action for a character with no spells, or a "Legendary Actions" token action for creatures without legendaries. Unfortunately the combination of these two things means that the script refuses to automatically create token actions on character creation for anything that references a repeating section. I can do a partial fix which will sort out the macro-based ones because I do already know at import time that a character will have actions/attacks/etc. But I can't fix it for people who like to have individual attacks as separate token actions, since I need the repeating section ids to create these, and they don't exist until the Import button on the overlay has been pushed. Hopefully Roll20 will sort out the lack of integration between sheet workers and the API soon and all of this mess will go away. In the meantime, the workaround is to run !shaped-apply-defaults on your token after you do !shaped-import-monster and have clicked the "Import" button. It's clunky, I know; if it bugs you a lot please complain to Roll20 about the fact that the API doesn't trigger sheetworkers, because it has made Kryx and my lives a bit of a nightmare :-/ yeah, I have a macro that runs DELETE and the apply-defaults.
Been away for a while, just got pro back and was making a new campaign, however I get this error in the console log: <a href="http://imgur.com/0w5FSkG" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/0w5FSkG</a> What am I doing wrong?
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
RMcD said: Been away for a while, just got pro back and was making a new campaign, however I get this error in the console log: <a href="http://imgur.com/0w5FSkG" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/0w5FSkG</a> What am I doing wrong? Hmm. There's no error displayed in that image. What makes you think there's a problem? It's just the script reporting that it's successfully loaded your monster database. If there was an error one of those lines would say ERROR: instead of INFO:
Just because the first word in the bracket was errors, no worries then!
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, I guess it probably isn't as obvious to a non-programmer that something followed by a pair of empty braces generally denotes an empty set - i.e. "nothing to report in this category" :-)
Right, I'm clearly messing up somehow, when I import a creature and then click import on the character sheet it doesn't fill in their stats. <a href="http://i.imgur.com/KLb0okh.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/KLb0okh.png</a> Also I changed the token defaults under new characters to have actions on the token but there aren't any.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
RMcD said: Right, I'm clearly messing up somehow, when I import a creature and then click import on the character sheet it doesn't fill in their stats. Hmm. I can't make that happen. Can you PM me a campaign invite? Also I changed the token defaults under new characters to have actions on the token but there aren't any. This is a known issue:&nbsp;<a href="https://github.com/symposion/roll20-shaped-scripts/issues/159" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/symposion/roll20-shaped-scripts/issues/159</a> . It's broken because of the way Roll20 works and there isn't really a credible fix available until Roll20 do something about the lack of integration between the API and sheet workers. Riley has said it's on his hitlist but so far there hasn't been any more news. For the time being the workaround is to run !shaped-apply-defaults after you click import; boring I know, but the alternative involves me or Kryx or both of us spending a week (which neither of us has right now) rewriting stuff to put in a hacky fix that will most likely become redundant in the not too distant future....
Sent the invite. Typing that in is no issue.
RMcD said: Sent the invite. Typing that in is no issue. also, remember that you can create a macro for it. Speeds up the process a bit
Well, just was using it there and I get this error in the API: Shaped Scripts An error occurred. Please see the log for more details. "5eShapedCompanion 1471526614336 ERROR : Error: Asked for a single attribute but more than 1 was found matching attributes: {\"characterid\":\"-KPShWANuJSTAtROyf22\",\"name\":\"output_option\"}\n at Roll20Wrapper.getOrCreateObj (apiscript.js:174:16)\n at Roll20Wrapper.getOrCreateAttr (apiscript.js:201:18)\n at apiscript.js:2514:35\n at Function._.each._.forEach (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:158:9)\n at ShapedScripts.applyCharacterDefaults (apiscript.js:2511:8)\n at apiscript.js:2271:15\n at Function._.each._.forEach (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:153:9)\n at ShapedScripts.applyTokenDefaults (apiscript.js:2267:8)\n at Command.handle (apiscript.js:3389:11)\n at Object.processCommand (apiscript.js:3477:14)"
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hey RmcD, Wow, I've never seen anything like that before. Have you considered a career in software testing? You seem to have that magic ability to push exactly the wrong/right combination of buttons :-) Do you get this every time, or is it a one-off with a particular character? Somehow you've managed to end up with two "output_option" attributes, but I have *no* idea how that's possible!&nbsp; &nbsp;
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Ok, heads up for everyone using the companion script (I will update the docs with a note about this in the next few days): You must deselect "Apply to all new characters" in the "New Character Sheets" menu of !shaped-config before transmogrifying characters into a campaign. If you don't do this you will end up with lots of duplicate attributes on your characters and you will enter a world of brokenness. I will investigate a fix for this but I suspect that there's no way to distinguish between transmogrification and manual character creation in the API, so it may just have to be a limitation for the time being. I guess it's not too much of a problem for people to just turn this setting off before doing any transmogrifying... You can of course turn it back on again after you've finished. Cheers, and thanks to RMcD for help tracking this one down,
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Wow, that's a fun edge case!
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kryx said: Wow, that's a fun edge case! Yah. At first I thought it was a weird Roll20/Sheet interaction, and I was about to hit you up and ask when I remembered the defaults for new characters thing and had a lightbulb moment :-) No idea if there's a decent way to fix it ( just posted on the API forum to see if anyone has any bright ideas) but at least it's easy to work around.
Is there a known issue with the !shaped-abilities --spells command macros that does not allow players to target any tokens for spells? It sends the player an error and then show the spell as normal but with out the target dialog. I aploigize if this has been adressed before. Thank you for your help!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Targeting is controlled on the settings tab of each character.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Casey C. said: Is there a known issue with the !shaped-abilities --spells command macros that does not allow players to target any tokens for spells? It sends the player an error and then show the spell as normal but with out the target dialog. I aploigize if this has been adressed before. Thank you for your help! Hi Casey, This sounds like it might be a problem with a broken character, but it's hard to diagnose without a lot more details. Could you give some exact reproduction steps along with the complete text of the error? Thanks,

Edited 1472227023
Zym
Sheet Author
Hi. I am running an old sheet (still) but I just wanted to ask a quick fire question. The players character is having problems with the DC of spell saving throws he uses being stuck on a DC Total. (15)&nbsp; 8 + 2 + 4 = 14 (Not 15) He said he changed it manually and then changed it back but it got stuck. Any Ideas or suggestions would be useful.&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alexander, this thread is for the script, not the character sheet. Issues on the sheet should be handled in that thread. That said I'd recommend the following: Upgrade sheet versions. Old versions are not supported. That one looks rather old. Ensure you do not have "1" in on the settings tab under "Saving DC" which is under "Spellcasting" Which is under "Bonuses & Penalties" Recreate the attack and it will no longer be stuck.
Zym
Sheet Author
Kryx, thank you. I was looking at updating the sheets soon as it looks like the bugs have been ironed out on the latest release. Cheers for that ! By the way dude, if I switch sheets will characters lose everything written down?
Alexander said: if I switch sheets will characters lose everything written down? Unless something has changed, yep, you lose everything. Sucks.
Depends on what you are coming from. Earlier versions of the shaped sheet should be good to upgrade. Coming anyother sheet, including the Shaped v1, will require a fresh start.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
BP said: Depends on what you are coming from. Earlier versions of the shaped sheet should be good to upgrade. Coming anyother sheet, including the Shaped v1, will require a fresh start. This, though there is some data lost in intermediate versions due to poor upgrade functions most everything should be ok.
Zym
Sheet Author
Thanks. I will keep the sheets for the current campaigns and then switch when its appropriate.&nbsp;
Zym
Sheet Author
Oh I had a look at it again. Looks like all the player had to do was Change INT to another stat and then back to INT again. It refreshed itself.

Edited 1472365269
intalled the&nbsp; 1-Click interface and selected the 5ed shaped for sheets error with the lich command "5eShapedCompanion 1472339417945 ERROR : Error: Unrecognised or poorly formed option Lich" I think this is a database issue but cant find anything on where to get one. any help would be great. (kinda new to the script thing)
Alexander said: Thanks. I will keep the sheets for the current campaigns and then switch when its appropriate.&nbsp; You can copy your game and change the default character sheet on the copied game to safely see how your PCs and NPCs carry over.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Salicar said: intalled the&nbsp; 1-Click interface and selected the 5ed shaped for sheets error with the lich command "5eShapedCompanion 1472339417945 ERROR : Error: Unrecognised or poorly formed option Lich" I think this is a database issue but cant find anything on where to get one. also how do i use npc actions&nbsp; any help would be great. (kinda new to the script thing) Hi, I will PM you about the Lich thing. For the NPC actions you probably just want to click the pencil icon to take the sheet out of edit mode, and then you can click on them to run them.&nbsp; Cheers,
Zym
Sheet Author
While on the subject of NPCs, regarding the old scripts I use. If I updated the scripts would all my NPCs be wiped out too? If so then its not worth the effort of remaking them the old scripts are working fine.&nbsp; Is there any plan to have a final(ish) script? A solid build so to speak that will be the bread and butter of this amazing script and sheet.

Edited 1472380045
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think we're confusing sheet and script here. Script issues should remain here. Any Sheet issues should be posted there. Updating this script will have no impact on your NPCs. Updating your sheet version could potentially alter NPCs, but it depends what version you're coming from. As always I recommend making a duplicate of your campaign and then upgrading that to see what impact it has. If you have any issues with an upgrade let me know and I can try to fix them (again, do it on a copy so it doesn't affect your main game) The script, nor the sheet, will likely ever be final as there are always new things to develop.
Sorry if I have missed it, but does this have the function to reduce spell slots yet?
Brother Sharp said: Sorry if I have missed it, but does this have the function to reduce spell slots yet? No, this functionality doesn't currently exist, however I remember it being something they wanted to add, however it's a challenge to do so because of inherent exceptions in the magic system requiring certain spells to be cast multiple times for the effect (i.e. Scorching Ray).
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There's the issue that Kevin raised (Scorching Ray) as well as other issues. For example: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3895588/api-scri" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3895588/api-scri</a>... So i was wondering about that script specifically... when you are using spell tracking, its GREAT for the one time spells. but when you want to use a spell such as moonbeam or flaming sphere that is a constant duration but with a variable damage output, you cant really click the spell with out having it use up another spell slot. Lucian wrote me a way to potentially handle it before my vacation, but I haven't had time to spend time on reviewing the proposal and he's been busy as well. TL;DR: It's something we want to address, but there are several issues and edge cases (things like scorching ray, moonbeam, clicking to see the spell without casting, warlock, etc)
I was thinking about this problem a bit, but could there be a relatively easy solution to the problem of Scorching Ray? &nbsp;My thought was to use watered down roll buttons attached to the freeform section of relevant spells, in the case of Scorching Ray only showing the additional attack and damage. &nbsp;This way the actual spell isn't "cast" again, however I don't know what the script is looking for to decrement a spell slot, which is why I am not certain this would work or not. &nbsp;If this is created as an attack link, then it could work, but that comes with challenges as well. Anyway it was just a thought at tackling this specific exception.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ya, that is probably the best way to handle Scorching Ray (and Magic Missile if people want separate damage). The button would somehow execute a new roll template and only pass the name, attack, and damage. I can look into that.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Could add a click for that on the spell listing if it's available as well to avoid the necessity for scrolling back through chat...
I have one campaign where I can import a monster without issue, but I have another where when I try: !shaped-import-monster --Lizardfolk Shaman nothing happens and when I go out to check the API console I see: Possible infinite loop detected, shutting down. I've tried deleting the shaped script and my custom databases and re-installing them, but it doesn't seem to effect anything. If I have the api consol up in a different browser, it tells me that the imagescr needs to be in my library, but I have a token on the screen selected. Not sure if having it open in two chorme and firefox seperately causes an issue though. Any ideas where to start?
Troubleshooting, I mean. :)