Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Paizo] Pathfinder Playtest Bug Thread

Edited 1534186132
Scott C. said: The Timelord said: You said that "Armor value is now factored" but I can't find the section where you put it. On another topic, Perception is using Wisdom in the sheet, but when you roll the dice it uses the Dexterity modifier for some reason. Armor is handled via the mods field of an equipment item, ability, or buff. The syntax is: +X item to ac +X item to tac Thanks ! Also what is the syntax for the dexterity cap on CA ? And as I said, the roll for Perception use Dex modifier instead of Wis modifier (but the numbers on the sheet itself are using Wis correctly)
Sorry I made a mistake. It's the Perception roll that incorrectly use Dex instead of Wis when rolling, despite the fact that on the sheet itself the bonus still use correctly the Wis modifier.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Pathfinder Playtest Flip-Map Pack has been patched because somebody  didn't adjust the Dynamic Lighting layer along with the map layer when fixing the grid scale. Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime!

Edited 1534203648
What is the Id Field on skills and feats you add?
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Nick S.  said: What is the Id Field on skills and feats you add? The id field is the repeating row id. It's displayed there for use in API script commands, custom macro creation, or whatever else you might want to reference a specific repeating row for.
For right now, is this a good roundabout way to include ACP? Just like the +2 item to ac +1 item to tac 5 max dex to armor you could put -1 to stealth, etc to all the skill that are affected by it?
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Yes, that would work.
mrianmerry
Pro
Sheet Author
Nick S. said: I am not used to this manually entering mods system, and I could use a reference guide. I've been spoiled with sheets that do everything for me for too long. Gonna jump on this bandwagon too, I think. Are there any reference guides for the Playtest buffs, or failing that the Starfinder HUD that they're mimicking? I'll be explaining how the sheet works to some new players who also have not used this kind of system before, so anything that can make that easier for all of us would be amazing!
mrianmerry
Pro
Sheet Author
Not sure if somebody's mentioned it yet - a quick search for "unarmoured"  did not turn it up - but increasing the proficiency rank for Unarmoured  (from Trained  to Expert ) does not cause a re-calculation of the AC bonus I have without armour.
Ian said: Nick S. said: I am not used to this manually entering mods system, and I could use a reference guide. I've been spoiled with sheets that do everything for me for too long. Gonna jump on this bandwagon too, I think. Are there any reference guides for the Playtest buffs, or failing that the Starfinder HUD that they're mimicking? I'll be explaining how the sheet works to some new players who also have not used this kind of system before, so anything that can make that easier for all of us would be amazing! There is a link to the guide on the first post to the Starfinder HUD.
Ian said: Not sure if somebody's mentioned it yet - a quick search for "unarmoured"  did not turn it up - but increasing the proficiency rank for Unarmoured  (from Trained  to Expert ) does not cause a re-calculation of the AC bonus I have without armour. I mentioned it on page 4, but spelled it unarmored defense. If you change the character level after you change the proficiency it will for a recalculation, but that is the only work around I have found so far. I am sure they will check on the scripting for this though.
mrianmerry
Pro
Sheet Author
Phillip G. said: Ian said: Not sure if somebody's mentioned it yet - a quick search for "unarmoured"  did not turn it up - but increasing the proficiency rank for Unarmoured  (from Trained  to Expert ) does not cause a re-calculation of the AC bonus I have without armour. I mentioned it on page 4, but spelled it unarmored defense. If you change the character level after you change the proficiency it will for a recalculation, but that is the only work around I have found so far. I am sure they will check on the scripting for this though. Hah, I should have guessed - I knew I'd read it. Damn transcontinental spelling issues! Righteous, though. I'll keep that in mind for my experimentation. :)

Edited 1534261493
Trying to add an item bonus to each save (from a potency rune) adds double the bonus. For example, doing "+5 item to fort" gives it a +10 bonus, so I have to use "+2.5 item to fort" to have it add correctly. Without specifying it as an item bonus it adds the number correctly.
Hi, how are those accessibility fixes coming?
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Baita R. said: Trying to add an item bonus to each save (from a potency rune) adds double the bonus. For example, doing "+5 item to fort" gives it a +10 bonus, so I have to use "+2.5 item to fort" to have it add correctly. Without specifying it as an item bonus it adds the number correctly. Thanks Baita. That's an odd one for sure. Nick S. said: Hi, how are those accessibility fixes coming? I'm hoping to have something for you to test later this week. I'll send you a PM with an invite to a test game when I've got something for you.
After checking, it seems to only be on the character sheet's display that it adds double the item bonus, to both saves and skills. When actually using them, the roll uses the correct numbers when hovering over the roll in the chat output.
Any ETA on NPC sheets? 
For some reason, selected|survival doesn't work with macros... Also, given that the only "Create a Skill" out there is Lore, perhaps additional skill slots for Lore skills could be named Lore1, Lore2, etc. so it's possible to macro them.
When adding a 10th level spell, it adds it to the 1st level spell list as well. Editing or deleting the entry in the 1st level list does the same to the entry in the 10th level list. This bug doesn't happen when it's the other way around at least, adding a 1st level spell doesn't add it to the 10th level list.
Nick S. said: Hi, how are those accessibility fixes coming? I'm hoping to have something for you to test later this week. I'll send you a PM with an invite to a test game when I've got something for you. Sounds awesome. I'll be on the look out for that. In the meantime I'll just have my GM toggle things off for me.
Couple quick questions about adding armor to my sheet. First, there are two clickable elements, MODS and ATTACHER. Mods is self-explanitory. What is ATTACHER? Second, my armor appears to not be calculating correctly. I have put in the following for a chain shirt and none of it seems to be adding.. +2 to AC +1 to TAC -1 to Acrobatics -1 to Athletics -1 to Stealth -1 to Thievery Obviously the minuses are for the armor check penalty. I get that there are a few situations when this doesn't apply, but it does more often than not.
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Nick S.  said: Couple quick questions about adding armor to my sheet. First, there are two clickable elements, MODS and ATTACHER. Mods is self-explanitory. What is ATTACHER? Second, my armor appears to not be calculating correctly. I have put in the following for a chain shirt and none of it seems to be adding.. +2 to AC +1 to TAC -1 to Acrobatics -1 to Athletics -1 to Stealth -1 to Thievery Obviously the minuses are for the armor check penalty. I get that there are a few situations when this doesn't apply, but it does more often than not. Hmm, stupid question, is your armor equipped. Also, slight tweak to your mods expression for AC/TAC. They should be an item bonus, so +2 item to AC as an example. As for the attacher expandable field, this is a field that can be used to add additional information on to a roll. Anything from additional roll template fields to API commands, to extra chat messages you want sent at the same time as the roll. Anything that is placed on the first line of the attacher is added to the roll template. Anything on a new line is sent as separate message.
Scott C. said: Nick S.  said: Couple quick questions about adding armor to my sheet. First, there are two clickable elements, MODS and ATTACHER. Mods is self-explanitory. What is ATTACHER? Second, my armor appears to not be calculating correctly. I have put in the following for a chain shirt and none of it seems to be adding.. +2 to AC +1 to TAC -1 to Acrobatics -1 to Athletics -1 to Stealth -1 to Thievery Obviously the minuses are for the armor check penalty. I get that there are a few situations when this doesn't apply, but it does more often than not. Hmm, stupid question, is your armor equipped. Also, slight tweak to your mods expression for AC/TAC. They should be an item bonus, so +2 item to AC as an example. As for the attacher expandable field, this is a field that can be used to add additional information on to a roll. Anything from additional roll template fields to API commands, to extra chat messages you want sent at the same time as the roll. Anything that is placed on the first line of the attacher is added to the roll template. Anything on a new line is sent as separate message. I'll try the item bonus idea. Interesting though, I thought item bonuses were specifically related to magic items. No worries I'll give it a shot. Thanks. Is there a way to enter max dex?
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Yep, max dex is just a bonus type as far as the syntax is concerned: 5 max dex to armor
Ok so putting in the item bonus sintax worked for a second, kind of. Here's what happened. Gnome Bard with a dex mod of +2, so unarmored his AC is 13 because he's proficient in unarmored as per recent erata. I bought him a chain shirt, +2 item to AC, +1 item to TAC. Since he is trained in light armor, this should make his AC 15 and his TAC 14. Now I don't know if this is an issue with my screen reader or not but when I am scrolling down from the armor class heading I hit TAC first and AC second. Anyway, it raised my TAC to 16 and my AC to 15. Then when I was trying to fix this I clicked the Trained button on the armor. The bonuses promptly vanished and I can't get them back. I thought it might be doubling up on the proficiency modifier from unarmored and the light armor but it wasn't. I have no idea what's up now.
Sorry but I got all the questions today. I see where to add powers, but where are spell points? I found resonance, but not hero points or spell points.
So one additional thing I just noticed that may possibly have been reported already. If you change the level of a cantrip it automatically moves it to that level of spells. For example, I set my Daze cantrip's level to 1 and it moved it down to first level spells. This behavior makes sense for most spells, but as Cantrips are automatically heightened to the maximum level they shouldn't have this problem. It's important to note what level your cantrips are at, but they're still cantrips.
via Chell : I am using roll20 on my ipad. I browse in desktop mode. The game I am trying to edit the character in the GM has a plus account. If I try to switch between character or creation mode it will not switch. I have tried this in multiple browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, more) and it does not work. All the other buttons work. When I try to do this on my phone (an andriod phone) I can make the change and I can make the change from a computer. I also experience this error in the roll20 app itself. Below is a picture of the exact buttons I am talking about. I have an Ipad Pro with the latest software update.
Trivia said: Pathfinder Playtest Flip-Map Pack has been patched because somebody  didn't adjust the Dynamic Lighting layer along with the map layer when fixing the grid scale. Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime! Trivia, I think the first map was right the first time you did it. The AP says 1 square=5 feet... That said, I don't mind a bigger map, but, the measuring tool is all wrong now, saying each square is 2.5 feet.
Any eta on the npc part of the sheet?
Am I the only one who can't add enemies to the initiative turn order when clicking the initiative button? It rolls it but doesn't add it for me to the turn order.
Dean
Roll20 Team
Nathan K. said: Trivia, I think the first map was right the first time you did it. The AP says 1 square=5 feet... That said, I don't mind a bigger map, but, the measuring tool is all wrong now, saying each square is 2.5 feet. We'll be checking into that soon and make any necessary adjustments. Thanks for the feedback :)

Edited 1534362527
In fact, the window is quite narrow indeed. It feels like the current frame cuts off the description item a bit early, compared to what the graphic actually suggests. While the top part aligns quite well. Also, even on the latest version of firefox, the scroll bar does not appear on the bottom half. Only works if you drag the text of the desc, or mouseover that exact portion and use the scroll wheel. The roll template needs a bit of work, but that much we all know. In it's current state, at least -- I certainly prefered templates that expand with text to it, because in this exact form it is quite inconvenient. But that can be fixed. Again, thanks for all the effort and attention given to the posts.
Attribute tracking system request : Spell Points Spell points are granted to every class by an amount equal to a modifier. For example, Wizards get Spell Points equal to Intelligence modifier, Sorcerers get them equal to Charisma modifier, Monks can get them equal to Wisdom modifier. Only one modifier will ever grant Spell Points, so a tracker similar to Resonance would be great. However, several Class Feats increase Spell Points by a set amount (usually by +1 or +2). Adding a variable on Feats that says Spell Points Bonus to add more of these to the tracker would allow full tracking of this variable. This variable is expendable so there should be a Current_Spell Points variable as well, tracked like HP.
Sometimes the feats still wig out. Usually closing the Roll20 tab and opening it back up fixes it. I noticed it a bunch of times when I added feats for upping my character to level 5.
Thundertacos said: Attribute tracking system request : Spell Points Spell points are granted to every class by an amount equal to a modifier. For example, Wizards get Spell Points equal to Intelligence modifier, Sorcerers get them equal to Charisma modifier, Monks can get them equal to Wisdom modifier. Only one modifier will ever grant Spell Points, so a tracker similar to Resonance would be great. However, several Class Feats increase Spell Points by a set amount (usually by +1 or +2). Adding a variable on Feats that says Spell Points Bonus to add more of these to the tracker would allow full tracking of this variable. This variable is expendable so there should be a Current_Spell Points variable as well, tracked like HP. I want to second this for posterity.
Jamie H. said: Am I the only one who can't add enemies to the initiative turn order when clicking the initiative button? It rolls it but doesn't add it for me to the turn order. Yeah, it's broken atm. Here's my workaround. Make a general macro, share with all players, make it a token action. Call it initiative, or something, and have this body (this is the player macro): &{template:generic} {{name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{selected|character_id}}} {{title=Initiative}} {{r1=[[1d20 + ?{Skill|Perception, @{selected|perception}|Stealth, @{selected|stealth}|Acrobatics, @{selected|acrobatics}|Athletics, @{selected|athletics}|Crafting, @{selected|crafting}|Deception, @{selected|deception}|Diplomacy, @{selected|diplomacy}|Intimidation, @{selected|intimidation}|Medicine, @{selected|medicine}|Nature, @{selected|nature}|Occultism, @{selected|occultism}|Religion, @{selected|religion}|Society, @{selected|society}|Survival, @{selected|survival}|Thievery, @{selected|thievery}} &{tracker}]]}} For enemies, until we have the npc sheet, I just roll from the book, though this init macro should work (make it a token action, but no need to share with players): [[1d20 + ?{Initiative Bonus} &{tracker}]]

Edited 1534419132
Jamie
Plus
Bast L. said: Jamie H. said: Am I the only one who can't add enemies to the initiative turn order when clicking the initiative button? It rolls it but doesn't add it for me to the turn order. Yeah, it's broken atm. Here's my workaround. Make a general macro, share with all players, make it a token action. Call it initiative, or something, and have this body (this is the player macro): &{template:generic} {{name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{selected|character_id}}} {{title=Initiative}} {{r1=[[1d20 + ?{Skill|Perception, @{selected|perception}|Stealth, @{selected|stealth}|Acrobatics, @{selected|acrobatics}|Athletics, @{selected|athletics}|Crafting, @{selected|crafting}|Deception, @{selected|deception}|Diplomacy, @{selected|diplomacy}|Intimidation, @{selected|intimidation}|Medicine, @{selected|medicine}|Nature, @{selected|nature}|Occultism, @{selected|occultism}|Religion, @{selected|religion}|Society, @{selected|society}|Survival, @{selected|survival}|Thievery, @{selected|thievery}} &{tracker}]]}} For enemies, until we have the npc sheet, I just roll from the book, though this init macro should work (make it a token action, but no need to share with players): [[1d20 + ?{Initiative Bonus} &{tracker}]] I used your first one and added  /emas @{selected|token_name} prepares for a fight! in front of it for my GM Initiative macro button. Thanks for writing it out.
NP, but I think I left arcana out by accident. Should be: &{template:generic} {{name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{selected|character_id}}} {{title=Initiative}} {{r1=[[1d20 + ?{Skill|Perception, @{selected|perception}|Stealth, @{selected|stealth}|Acrobatics, @{selected|acrobatics}|Arcana, @{selected|arcana}|Athletics, @{selected|athletics}|Crafting, @{selected|crafting}|Deception, @{selected|deception}|Diplomacy, @{selected|diplomacy}|Intimidation, @{selected|intimidation}|Medicine, @{selected|medicine}|Nature, @{selected|nature}|Occultism, @{selected|occultism}|Religion, @{selected|religion}|Society, @{selected|society}|Survival, @{selected|survival}|Thievery, @{selected|thievery}} &{tracker}]]}}
The Resistance and Weakness fields under Armor Class are linked for some reason.
In weapon and armor proficiencies there is a proficiency setting for shields, but no way to add a shield to your sheet. I know shields aren't a constant bonus, but is this in the works?    
Nick S. said: In weapon and armor proficiencies there is a proficiency setting for shields, but no way to add a shield to your sheet. I know shields aren't a constant bonus, but is this in the works?     The best method I think is to make it a Buff/Mod so that way you can turn it on or off depending on if you use the raise shield action or for others, the parry action.

Edited 1534490659
Equipment on the sheet is not functioning correctly. I got my armor to calculate correctly by deleting the old entry and putting it in from scratch, but when I went to try and delete it again to put in a fresh entry to help a friend who was also having issues with armor, the armor bonuses stayed factored into my AC. The item was no longer on my sheet and the mods were still there. Then I looked at my carried and max bulk and I was carrying 4 out of 4 bulk. I only have 1 item that weighs 1 bulk on my sheet. Three of them are Light Bulk (L). So my AC now has armor bonuses that I don't have anymore and my bulk is maxed out. I'm not sure what I can do to fix this unfortunately, but hopefully there's a fix on the way.    Update: I figured out the bulk problem but armor is definitely acting funny.
Scott C. said: Nick S.  said: Couple quick questions about adding armor to my sheet. First, there are two clickable elements, MODS and ATTACHER. Mods is self-explanitory. What is ATTACHER? Second, my armor appears to not be calculating correctly. I have put in the following for a chain shirt and none of it seems to be adding.. +2 to AC +1 to TAC -1 to Acrobatics -1 to Athletics -1 to Stealth -1 to Thievery Obviously the minuses are for the armor check penalty. I get that there are a few situations when this doesn't apply, but it does more often than not. Hmm, stupid question, is your armor equipped. Also, slight tweak to your mods expression for AC/TAC. They should be an item bonus, so +2 item to AC as an example. As for the attacher expandable field, this is a field that can be used to add additional information on to a roll. Anything from additional roll template fields to API commands, to extra chat messages you want sent at the same time as the roll. Anything that is placed on the first line of the attacher is added to the roll template. Anything on a new line is sent as separate message. I can confirm with armor equipped +5 item to AC +2 item to TAC is only increasing AC by 5 but no change to TAC. have tried writting it diffrent ways in my armors mod section today with no change to TAC at all.
I've read and reread the thread, and tried a number of variations. I'm playing a bard, and I'm trying to create a power that rolls a Performance check (for Lingering Composition). I've added a skill named PERFORM. I've tried using repeating_skill_$X_PERFORM, %{PERFORM}, @[PERFORM], @{PERFORM}, and I think a couple others. I keep getting, essentially, "no such thing". Specifically, "No attribute found for ______" whatever variation I use and "TypeError: Cannot read property 'substring' of undefined". how do i reference my PERFORM skill? I got the repeating skill idea from the Starfinder HUD, but they called theirs profession, so maybe i'm just using the wrong word.
I have some concerns about the way the sheet is determining encumbrance conditions. As you can see from this snip from the playtest rulebook, a character is encumbered when they carry more than  5 plus their strength modifier.  As stated above, (bulk values) Light items do not count as bulk until you have 10 of that item. However, when the character sheet calculates a value equal to your encumbered value it highlights the box (as shown below). I think that the calculation should be set up so that your carried bulk is greater than  your encumbered value. FYI, this character has an 8 for strength and as such a -1 STR modifier.

Edited 1534608523
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi everyone, First of all, I want to apologize for being mostly radio silent for so long. Here’s the list of the bugs and requests that I’ve compiled from the thread since the last update. Let me know if I missed any: Custom skill name overlaps mod total Need a place for spell points Need a place for hero points Unarmored Proficiency does not affect AC/TAC Show options checkbox is not accessibility friendly Level 10 spells show up in level 1 display Roll template scrollable areas are ridiculously tiny. Initiative is not adding to the turn order Shield proficiency can't be hooked up to an item. Encumbrance/overburden needs to be set 1 higher mods case insensitivity has been lost saves targeting of mods is not working ac mods affect both ac and tac max usable not editable (always shows as 10, regardless of what is entered in the base) Repeating skills don't restyle when signature skills There are also some reports that I haven’t included above. I’ll detail my reasoning below: Nick S.  said: So one additional thing I just noticed that may possibly have been reported already. If you change the level of a cantrip it automatically moves it to that level of spells. For example, I set my Daze cantrip's level to 1 and it moved it down to first level spells. This behavior makes sense for most spells, but as Cantrips are automatically heightened to the maximum level they shouldn't have this problem. It's important to note what level your cantrips are at, but they're still cantrips. Based on the rulebook, cantrips are always heightened to the highest spell level you can cast (or half your level rounded up if you are multi classed, which is the same thing) even if they don’t have an increased effect at that level. Because of this, cantrips should properly always be labeled as 0 level spells since they are never not cantrips. CeeJay B.  said: via  Chell : I am using roll20 on my ipad. I browse in desktop mode. The game I am trying to edit the character in the GM has a plus account. If I try to switch between character or creation mode it will not switch. I have tried this in multiple browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, more) and it does not work. All the other buttons work. When I try to do this on my phone (an andriod phone) I can make the change and I can make the change from a computer. I also experience this error in the roll20 app itself. Below is a picture of the exact buttons I am talking about. I have an Ipad Pro with the latest software update. I’m having some difficulty replicating this issue. If you are experiencing this issue, please post back with additional information. See you all next week, hopefully with some snazzy bug fixes and feature addtions, Scott

Edited 1534563650
Hi Scott,So I get youR point about cantrips, but my point is that they are no longer 0 level spells. What I am hoping for is a way to keep track of what level they are heightened to. 0 Level spells is terminology that is no longer used since cantrips, although they can be cast without limit, are heightened to your highest level.
The bug where the max usage entry shows as 10 unless it's being edited is worth noting.
Another possible bug would be the custom skills not showing they're signature when the box is checked like the other skills do.