Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Paizo] Pathfinder Playtest Bug Thread

The Fatal effect is definitely something I'll have to tuck away (I got a weapon-crazy monk who I'd be surprised if they didn't ever take up a pick-type weapon at some point) The Deadly one has a fatal (ha) flaw: Deadly only improves on Master and Legendary, not Expert. So I imagine some sort of quality minus one but not less than zero thing. Can you tell I don't script? lmao. Thanks though, this has been enlightening.

Edited 1536139607
I naturally did some testing with the alleged improvements on the repeating spell menues. There is indeed a slight improvement when one decides to add a first new spell. However, it appears this particular approach eats up more and more ram, the more spells you decide to add to your list. Making each addition slower, even the act of changing text field to write data slows down immensly. I am not code savvy enough to know if this is an optimisation issue that can be eventually fixed. Or a memory leak. But from a user end, it seems to be a flawed approach. Before I continue, this was tested on an MSI laptop, latest firefox 64 bit version. 12 gigs of ram and an I7 family processor. Considering the nature of a spell list, means that a TON of spells eventually get added. If I may ask, would it be a simpler and more resource-sparing solution to take a leaf from the 5e sheet? With a secondary tab that simply has all spell levels prepared in a form-format? Cogweel on each where settings and info can be altered and the ability to add additional lines if necessary? This has the additional benefit that to reach your spells, you do not have to scroll down twice the length of your screen. Again, I am not remotely as versed in sheet-code as you, Scott. This is more of a 'does the wheel need to be reinvented' question. I trust your judgement on your own project if you think this can be optimised even for slower computers. Thanks for the hard work!
Scott C. said: Bast L. said: The bug with multiple handout links in a template not working without an extra space between them seems resolved. I will say that the orange with the brown drop shadow is a bit hard to read unless I lean close to the monitor. Hmm, thanks for the feedback Bast. Would using the color scheme of the fumbles be easier? I expect so, the dark brown seems to stand out more, though roll text is larger than normal text, so I couldn't say. Also, I should mention, it's a minor issue, but the link bug seems mostly resolved. It's still kind of finicky, with mousing over the text not always working. The links all work, if you can get into the correct mouse position, but not every position over the text seems to work. I'd show examples, but print screen doesn't capture the cursor :)

Edited 1536160267
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Royal said: The Fatal effect is definitely something I'll have to tuck away (I got a weapon-crazy monk who I'd be surprised if they didn't ever take up a pick-type weapon at some point) The Deadly one has a fatal (ha) flaw: Deadly only improves on Master and Legendary, not Expert. So I imagine some sort of quality minus one but not less than zero thing. Can you tell I don't script? lmao. Thanks though, this has been enlightening. The macro I posted will handle that, although looking back, I realized that I had 1) done it the most complicated way possible, and 2) posted my test version that used roll queries instead of attribute references. This macro does the same thing, but does it without requiring answering a roll query: Deadly [[ [[{@{quality},1}kh1]]d10]] Felandi d. said: ...SNIP... Considering the nature of a spell list, means that a TON of spells eventually get added. If I may ask, would it be a simpler and more resource-sparing solution to take a leaf from the 5e sheet? With a secondary tab that simply has all spell levels prepared in a form-format? Cogweel on each where settings and info can be altered and the ability to add additional lines if necessary? ...SNIP... This is already how this works. It's just what repeating sections are. I'll investigate ways to make it more streamlined, but I'm unsure how much more can be done. From what you're saying, you notice hardly any improvement with the last update? I'm also curious, you mention having a cogwheel on each spell to put it in edit mode. This is something that the sheet does, are you leaving each of your spells fully expanded after you're done editing them? And does the cog wheel show up for you when you hover over a spell?
So I got the custom skill buff to work (just used +2 circumstance to skill|name:Lore), and it shows on the sheet. However, when I roll it the bonus isn't added.

Edited 1536227455
Scott C. said: This is already how this works. It's just what repeating sections are. I'll investigate ways to make it more streamlined, but I'm unsure how much more can be done. From what you're saying, you notice hardly any improvement with the last update? I'm also curious, you mention having a cogwheel on each spell to put it in edit mode. This is something that the sheet does, are you leaving each of your spells fully expanded after you're done editing them? And does the cog wheel show up for you when you hover over a spell? Pardon the lack of clarity. The mention of the cogwheel was just stating the obvious mouse-over cogwheel that exists on both sheets, rambling, really. The base technical question I was trying to pose out of curiosity was: Would placing the spells on a separate sheet tab page, rather than a sub section on the main page cause less stress and load on the playtest sheet? A-la the roll20 5e sheet? What I was talking about, was indeed, that the spell section,causse extreme slowdown on the playtest sheet. And how the 5e sheet has all the spell levels already placed. The spell levels , are static. The repeating section on that sheet just being the spells. Ergo, less repeating sections total. I mentioned this because of how 5e's setup is lag free. At least for this particular user. Perhaps the sheet writers experience on how that was achieved is a good source to pull on? They certainly did a wonderful job optimizing it. I was intending to give a more elaborate example of the current playtest one, but the slowdown and it's habits of closing down a spell as it is being edited, or not save it made me do minimum. With the section open, there is a large delay to even make the mouse-over react. Adding a new spell is very slow and quite unstable. Scrolling with the spells open makes it very choppy. Casting a spell from within the sheet often has a five to six second delay. Less if it has been allowed to settle on the spot and the mouse-over is allowed to stay there for a few seconds first. Opening the damage and attack sections is quite slow. Deleting a spell is slow. And the more spell levels you add and spells on those levels, the worse it gets. And no, I do no leave more than one spell open for editing. (though for testing, the 5e one seems to be able to handle that without issue.) Essentially, a very minor improvement from before in the sheet performance with spells open or being cast from the sheet. It is still very, choppy and unstable. The spells are naturally as instant as any button when the sheet is closed and a spell is cast from the macro bar. At the moment, a spell-caster is better off using a paper or PDF for their spells rather than the roll20 playtest one. Other than that, there are just the things you already know. No part to define how many actions per spell except description, etc. Not really relevant to the current topic.
Here is a small easily reproducable example of how specific the lag is. Here we have nine test feats, they only have names, no content. To reproduce the delay in how they react. let's use the skill list for control. Place your mouse over the untrained/trained section of the skill, move the mouse down. They react instantaneously, even with the feats open. Now do the same to the feats, there is a large delay before they become interactable, before the mouseover elements appear. Of course, feats are a lot faster than the spells, but it seems to be similar type of delay. Spells just has a ton more elements compounding together. I hope that helped, best of fortunes!
Hi, any plans to add the crit system to spells? I believe most spells that have an attack and damage roll crit the same way as a weapon does. As for spells that double on a critically failed save, that's just multiplying the amount of damage by 2 instead of rolling more dice, so that's not really an issue, but it'd be nice for spells with attack rolls.
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
Heya! This is looking good! I'd like to know when we can expect NPC support though.
How do you select which spells you have prepared? Also, any news on when the NPC sheets are coming?
Is there a way to add only 1/2 of my strength mod to the damage of a weapon, like if it has the propulsive trait? There's a field for additional damage mods after entering the damage die but I can't figure out the sintax for adding 1/2 of my strength mod. It would be great if this was an option in the dropdown for what ability score modifier to add to damage as there are a few weapons that are propulsive. For now I'm just entering half my strength mod manually but I would like it to increase as my mod goes up. Obviously it would have to round down.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
It would be: Floor(@{strength_mod}/2) In the additional damage field, with no ability mod selected in the selection.
Thanks Scott. Also can I put a mod to initiative?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, just +X to initiative Won't show up on the sheet, but it'll be taken into account for the rolls.
Scott C. said: It would be: Floor(@{strength_mod}/2) In the additional damage field, with no ability mod selected in the selection. I entered this exactly Floor(@{strength_mod}/2) with the damage mod set to n/a. It isn't working.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, it's because of a leading 0 I put in to handle the default of empty. Put a "+" before the floor, and you'll be good.
Scott C. said: Ah, it's because of a leading 0 I put in to handle the default of empty. Put a "+" before the floor, and you'll be good. That one works, although now by the weapon Instead of showing the damage as 1d6+2 it shows it as 1D6+FLOOR(@{STRENGTH_MOD}/2). Just a cosmetic issue.
Hey so I have an issue with spells, and I'm not sure if it's an accessibility issue or not. When I go down through my spells the various levels of spells are out of order. For instance, I'm scrolling down and it goes cantrips, Second Level, Fourth Level, First Level, Third Level, Fifth Level. I don't know how it displays visually on the screen but it's definitely odd.
My sheet doesn't look like this.  I would love to run a playtest for my long distance friends, and I am VERY new to this venue.  I got a subscription, and added the flipmap.  I see the pages, and the token and my friends joined.  When I created the game "Ogwar Playtest" i picked the Pathfinder Playtest Character Sheet.  But I get a little while box, that says BIO Character Sheet Attributes.  Do I have to create a sheet or can I download someone else's? Also I have seen some You Tube Tutorials, but if there is a better one I would appreciate that as well.  How do I get my sheet to look like your screenshots?  because they look pretty COOL!

Edited 1536397056
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
Hello Ogwar, and welcome to the community! When you open the sheet, you should be seeing this image below. Those are tabs at the top. Click the "Character Sheet" tab. I recommend that you watch a few tutorial videos about how to use Roll20. The following should take you to Roll20's official help channel on youtube with their crash course: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoyQs0Cv4p0&amp;list=PLxYefyArg-d1wRWRpTfQMW0cmh32mQTbx" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoyQs0Cv4p0&amp;list=PLxYefyArg-d1wRWRpTfQMW0cmh32mQTbx</a> The first video explains how to set up character sheets. Good luck, and happy gaming!
Do updates to the character sheet happen automatically or is there a patch or new down load I need to do to get the fixes?
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
It should happen automatically in your game once the sheet is updated, as long as your campaign is set to use the sheet.
Based on the Starfinder manual, the "max dex to armor" modifier doesn't seem to be working. Is there a different syntax that this sheet uses?
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
Here is a macro others may find useful with the prevalence of "secret" rolls in the play test. This macro lets you "roll" a secret check, providing a button for the gm to roll privately. The macro queries you for which check(perception, ability score, save, or skills) to roll.&nbsp; &amp;{template:generic} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{characterid=@{character_id}}} {{title=?{Check|Perception|Fort|Ref|Will|Strength|Dexterity|Constitution|Intelligence|Wisdom|Charisma|Acrobatics|Arcana|Athletics|Crafting|Deception|Diplomacy|Intimidation|Medicine|Nature|Occultism|Religion|Society|Stealth|Survival|Thievery}}} {{r1=[???](!&amp;#13;/w gm &amp;#37;{@{character_id}|?{Check}})}} If you prefer a global token action use this version(based on selected token) &amp;{template:generic} {{name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{selected|character_id}}} {{title=?{Check|Perception|Fort|Ref|Will|Strength|Dexterity|Constitution|Intelligence|Wisdom|Charisma|Acrobatics|Arcana|Athletics|Crafting|Deception|Diplomacy|Intimidation|Medicine|Nature|Occultism|Religion|Society|Stealth|Survival|Thievery}}} {{r1=[???](!&amp;#13;/w gm &amp;#37;{@{selected|character_id}|?{Check}})}} Here is what it's output looks like:
Hi Scott, I was wondering if you could implement an additional attacks feature for spells similar to the one on your Starfinder sheet. Really it would be most useful for adding additional damage rolls. For example, for the spell Heal, the damage/healing roll is different depending on whether you are using the 1-2 action version of the spell or the 3 action version. Another example is that Magic Missile adds additional missiles for each action you use to heighten it, as well as additional missiles based on heightening, and it is possible to shoot each individual missile at a different target. At the moment, at least for Magic Missile, I am just rolling the damage by typing it into the roll20 chat, but it would be nice if I could roll it from the spell.
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Nick S. said: Hey so I have an issue with spells, and I'm not sure if it's an accessibility issue or not. When I go down through my spells the various levels of spells are out of order. For instance, I'm scrolling down and it goes cantrips, Second Level, Fourth Level, First Level, Third Level, Fifth Level. I don't know how it displays visually on the screen but it's definitely odd. Ah, thanks for pointing this out Nick. This is due to how they are ordered in the DOM (They're put in columns, but ordered left to right and then top to bottom. So evens are in the first column (including cantrips) and odds are in the 2nd column. I hadn't thought about how this would be handled by screen readers. I can switch it to grouping them by row easy enough, although it may not make it in for this weeks update. Aaron M. said: Based on the Starfinder manual, the "max dex to armor" modifier doesn't seem to be working. Is there a different syntax that this sheet uses? Thanks Aaron, I'm hoping to have this fixed tomorrow.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Looks like you might get to actually remove some code Scott.&nbsp; :-) <a href="http://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6sg8r?On-the-Road-to-Sombrefell-Hall" rel="nofollow">http://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6sg8r?On-the-Road-to-Sombrefell-Hall</a> ... Finally—and this is the big change for the week—we're removing the concept of signature skills from the game. Now anyone can advance any skill up to any proficiency rank they want (assuming their level is high enough for them to do so). In addition, a number of classes are having their total number of starting skill choices increased to at least three, with each also getting one or more automatic skills, to represent basic class training. ... Jason Bulmahn,&nbsp; Director of Game Design
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Yep, change is already made in my dev code. Will go live tomorrow.
My players are still experiencing large amounts of lag with the sheet - especially when using spells.
It looks like something broke this morning... All of my games that use the Pathfinder Playtest character sheet now refuse to load. Setting a different (or no) character sheet allows the game to load, but that's obviously not very useful. Hope this can get fixed soon--I've got a game to run tonight! :P Thanks again for all your hard work, Scott!
Jason H. said: It looks like something broke this morning... All of my games that use the Pathfinder Playtest character sheet now refuse to load. Setting a different (or no) character sheet allows the game to load, but that's obviously not very useful. Hope this can get fixed soon--I've got a game to run tonight! :P Thanks again for all your hard work, Scott! Same problem here
Luiz D. said: Jason H. said: It looks like something broke this morning... All of my games that use the Pathfinder Playtest character sheet now refuse to load. Setting a different (or no) character sheet allows the game to load, but that's obviously not very useful. Hope this can get fixed soon--I've got a game to run tonight! :P Thanks again for all your hard work, Scott! Same problem here Yep me too.
Nick S. said: Luiz D. said: Jason H. said: It looks like something broke this morning... All of my games that use the Pathfinder Playtest character sheet now refuse to load. Setting a different (or no) character sheet allows the game to load, but that's obviously not very useful. Hope this can get fixed soon--I've got a game to run tonight! :P Thanks again for all your hard work, Scott! Same problem here Yep me too. Tripple that
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi folks, Sorry for the inconvenience. I'm consulting with the dev team about what is going on and causing the issue. I'll post back with updates when I can. Once we get this issue resolved, I'll also post the changelog for this version. -Scott
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi Fellow Pathfinders, The sheet should no longer cause campaigns to hang on the black loading screen. This was an issue with how the update was encoded by my text editor. So, without further delay, here's the changelog: Version 0.011536670800 changelog max dex will now actually affect your ac/tac Signature skills selection has been removed per the errata 9/10/18 Perform is now a discrete skill I'm still working on further improvements to the lag situation, if you have further input on causes, or times when you notice it, please let me know The NPC sheet is currently accessible, but is not finished.

Edited 1536706403
I was trying to make a buff for the fatigue a barbarian takes after raging, and the rolltime mods doesn't seem to be working. Is my syntax wrong? "-1-?{Actions|1|2|3} to armor and saves" EDIT: This might be related to Perform just now being added to the skills, but there is no Perform option for initiative.

Edited 1536726792
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Aaron M. said: I was trying to make a buff for the fatigue a barbarian takes after raging, and the rolltime mods doesn't seem to be working. Is my syntax wrong? "-1-?{Actions|1|2|3} to armor and saves" EDIT: This might be related to Perform just now being added to the skills, but there is no Perform option for initiative. Rolltime mods like dice, roll queries, and complicated roll expressions can only be applied to things that you roll, so it won't be applied to your (T)AC, but will give you the query when you roll a save. Rolltime mods do not cause the buffed/penalized styling to occur. Thanks for pointing out the missing perform initiative check.

Edited 1536760854
Boli
Pro
Hello, A few issues/problems: No target field in the attack section; I like to use @{target|character_name}'s AC @{target|TAC} in there so I know what is being rolled. No way to add in to hit modifiers in the attack feat or spell section (useful for things like attacks of opportunities and numerous other martial feats) I can't seem to get +5 to resistance working at all? Bulk "L" or 0.1 does not work towards encumberance on the equipment tab? On the attack tab the useage is not passed as it is on the feat or spells
How can I fill the armor bonus in AC and TAC? &nbsp;
Gustavo M. said: How can I fill the armor bonus in AC and TAC? &nbsp; just write something like this in the Armor's Mods section: +1 item to AC
Is there a way to increase/decrease Speed&nbsp;through Mods? Also... is there a way to share a bonus with allies (like, using Inspire Courage)...?&nbsp;
L3O2 said: Gustavo M. said: How can I fill the armor bonus in AC and TAC? &nbsp; just write something like this in the Armor's Mods section: +1 item to AC Thank you. It worked.
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
L3O2 said: Is there a way to increase/decrease Speed&nbsp;through Mods? Also... is there a way to share a bonus with allies (like, using Inspire Courage)...?&nbsp; Unfortunately, Speed is not a moddable value, it's just a pure text entry for keeping track of all your speeds. For sharing buffs like inspire courage, your allies should put the inspire courage buff in their buffs section. They can then turn it on and off as needed. There is some automation that you could probably do for this with access to API scripts, which require the game's creator to be a pro subscriber.
Hello, Could it be possible to have the list of moddable values througth the +/-[x] item to [mod] In particular I want to make all the changes applied when wearing armor (I got the +x item to AC and +x item to TAC ) Thanks

Edited 1536821573
I have done some testing with similar parameters as shown earlier. Nine entries, switching between sections like character/creation or the new sheet options cogwheel at the top left, to see which setup works the fastest or slowest. The setup used for mouse-over lag testing above. Here is something interesting. The attack section, which has the least amount of expandable elements, just the Attatcher. Has the fastest reaction on mouse-over testing. With Feats that has multiple expandable sections in each, being slower. Equipment too, has a similar mouse-over slowdown. The proficiencies tab, of course, is by far the fastest. Having little to no effect on the sheet when it is open. Furthermore, by move your mouse into an expanded part, such as this attack above, the cogwheel in the box Potential theory: Do the amount of expand sections, such as the attacher, mods, etc; Add to slowdown? I'm dubious on this one. And I cannot test with a control that has no such expandable sections from this end. Also, if you place your mouse at the very right, where the cogwheel appears. Right by the + on ATK3+, so ONLY the cogwheel appears. You can move your mouse down at high speed. And each entry's cogwheel will react fluidly and instantly. When the field is expanded like in the second image, you can move your mouse in and out of the expanded box, and the cogwheel appears instantly. But touch the gray lag test attack bar below the expanded box, through the middle and the standard mouse-over delay occurs. This test works on all sections, even the spell section if one creates a power or spell. Avoid the expand widget and activate just the cogwheel on the right side, and it pops up without delay. Conclusion: I believe this little expandable widget that lets you write a description beneath an entry, may be responsible for some of the slowdown. As this is the part that has a large delay in appearing. And we have just proved that the cogwheel itself is capable of appearing instantly if the expand widget is avoided by moving in from the far right. As such, changing this element, or attempting a version where it is removed, may show a lag improvement. In the same manner of testing. Switching from character/creation or heading to the sheet option page and back with the Spells/powers open, even in the below empty state, imposes considerable slowdown. Observe, no power entry added. and no spell check-boxes selected. Switching between character/creation etc is considerably slowed in this state. Checking all ten boxes to reveal all spell levels, adds further very noticeable delay when switching to sheet options and back, or character/creation. It also slows down using the + markers to add new entries while it is open. Potential conclusion: The check-boxes mere presence have an oddly heavy load. Which may be combined further once one starts adding powers and spells To make the situation even worse. There is also the fact that all spell levels open, without entries creates significant slowdown. This part is far too deep for user-end trials, so dev exploration into code or alternative setups is likely the only way to find out more.

Edited 1536795130
Omari
Plus
I think Performance is using the wrong ability score. It should be charisma, but it looks like it's using intelligence. EDIT: It shows up correctly on the sheet, but when rolled the output uses my intelligence modifier instead of charisma.

Edited 1536848448
Omari said: I think Performance is using the wrong ability score. It should be charisma, but it looks like it's using intelligence. hey, On my charactersheet charisma is used for Performance ability score EDIT: you're right&nbsp; Omari &nbsp; the roll does take the int mod, my bad EDIT: Mistake confirmed in the code the implemetation of the roll macro uses inteligence instead of charisma
I've gotten a few games in and I have one primary complaint, at the moment: There's no easy way to designate, and subsequently have your players remember, how many actions their spells/powers/actions they've entered into their sheet. Without digging into the rulebook itself, or without opening the editor for that entry (which always re-compacts itself so it can be hard to read), there's no indication of number of actions an option will take. Is there a way to borrow Paizo's visual icons for 1/2/3 action, free action, and reaction options and represent them in the little compact bar of the feat/power/spell?
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
Royal said: I've gotten a few games in and I have one primary complaint, at the moment: There's no easy way to designate, and subsequently have your players remember, how many actions their spells/powers/actions they've entered into their sheet. Without digging into the rulebook itself, or without opening the editor for that entry (which always re-compacts itself so it can be hard to read), there's no indication of number of actions an option will take. Is there a way to borrow Paizo's visual icons for 1/2/3 action, free action, and reaction options and represent them in the little compact bar of the feat/power/spell? While not an optimal solution, here is a temporary solution that my group has been using: We use the ◆, ◈,&nbsp; and ◇ symbols to represent an action, a reaction, and a free action respectively. We have a macro that messages them to us for easy copy/pasting. We then just preface the title of things on the sheet with the relevant symbols to get a "close enough" representation of the symbols. it will look like this on the sheet:
Hi, so the sheet has rolls for the first, second and third attack of each weapon, and you can adjust the multiple attack penalty as well. What I'm wondering is if it's possible to set up a query mod for only the second and third attacks of my weapons? The ranger's hunt target ability lowers the multiple attack penalty against the target you're hunting but not against any other target. So can I set up a query mod to lower the penalty to my second and third attack penalty?