Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Paizo] Pathfinder Playtest Bug Thread

Edited 1534565702
Phillip G.
Sheet Author
Nick S. said: Hi Scott,So I get youR point about cantrips, but my point is that they are no longer 0 level spells. What I am hoping for is a way to keep track of what level they are heightened to. 0 Level spells is terminology that is no longer used since cantrips, although they can be cast without limit, are heightened to your highest level. Nick, I think what you are missing is that the cantrips are not prepared (nor take up slots) as higher level spells. They are in fact still just cantrips which are heightened to your highest casting level. Don't change the level of the spell, just change the description (or damage) of the spell. You track what level they are heightened to by knowing what caster level the character is.
I discovered an issue with the skills while I was trying to implement an armor check penalty. What I did was under buffs (because it's easy to turn on and off), I entered: -2 armor to acrobatics -2 armor to athletics -2 armor to stealth -2 armor to thievery The penalties show up correctly on the skills area, but when I roll, the penalties are not calculated. They show up like this: If I change them to untyped penalties, they work fine: -2 to acrobatics -2 to athletics -2 to stealth -2 to thievery They roll like this: In both cases they show up correctly on the skills area. It's just the rolls that are an issue.

Edited 1534602724
I was trying to get rage working as a buff. "+2 conditional to damage" shows up correctly on the sheet, but isn't reflected in the actual rolls. (Same for "+2 to damage".)  As noted, modifying saves doesn't work (only an issue for Fatigued). I was able to resolve some issues with with AC/TAC by putting: -1 to ac +0 to tac EDIT: Looks like "+1 to attack" doesn't work on rolls either.
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Thank you Baita, I've edited the post with those two bugs. Also, for those wondering when the NPC sheet will be coming. I want to get this last round of bugs squashed so that the NPC sheet won't be plagued by them.
Dan C. said: I discovered an issue with the skills while I was trying to implement an armor check penalty. What I did was under buffs (because it's easy to turn on and off), I entered: -2 armor to acrobatics -2 armor to athletics -2 armor to stealth -2 armor to thievery The penalties show up correctly on the skills area, but when I roll, the penalties are not calculated. They show up like this: If I change them to untyped penalties, they work fine: -2 to acrobatics -2 to athletics -2 to stealth -2 to thievery They roll like this: In both cases they show up correctly on the skills area. It's just the rolls that are an issue. I think it is specified somewhere that the only syntax that works atm. is  +/- X item to Skill/Ability or  +/- X to Skill/Ability
Ambrosius said: Dan C. said: I discovered an issue with the skills while I was trying to implement an armor check penalty. What I did was under buffs (because it's easy to turn on and off), I entered: -2 armor to acrobatics -2 armor to athletics -2 armor to stealth -2 armor to thievery The penalties show up correctly on the skills area, but when I roll, the penalties are not calculated. They show up like this: If I change them to untyped penalties, they work fine: -2 to acrobatics -2 to athletics -2 to stealth -2 to thievery They roll like this: In both cases they show up correctly on the skills area. It's just the rolls that are an issue. I think it is specified somewhere that the only syntax that works atm. is  +/- X item to Skill/Ability or  +/- X to Skill/Ability Still not working, even as an item penalty. Changed it to: -2 item to stealth and it rolls like this:
For more information reguarding the issue I am experincing. I am on an ipad pro (iOS 11.4.1) and I access roll20 through the chrome app (version 68.03440.83) I often request to view the desktop site but the game I have the character built in is a pro game so I think tablet mode would still work. I do still get this issue in both the roll20 app and the website. I have tried safari, firefox and other apps and I get the same issue. Basically if I try to switch to the creation mode to add my stats the button does not even register me tapping on it. It’s almost like there is no button there. In fact if I want to switch betwen the two I actually use my phone and it will register the change on my ipad (I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+). I do not get this issue access the sheet on my andriod phone. All the other buttons, such as for fearts, spells, etc,  work just fine and I can easily switch between them.  I have the source code but there is a lot of it and I am not sure what is relevant so I don’t know if I should post it here. 
I've only played Pathfinder as a player before.  I wanted to log into roll20 pathfinder playtest and create some characters.  I created an account and chose the Character Sheet dropdown Pathfinder Playtest.  However I am having issues creating a character and having ANY character sheet show up.  Can anyone run me through how to make a character sheet once you've created a roll 20 account + selected pathfinder playtest?  It says it's free so I don't think its because I don't have a pro account.   Thanks for any help
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Crexis Make sure you open the Journal tab on the sidebar, click the "+Add" button at the top and select "Character".
Thanks Vince. I got a character sheet open.  Is the whole character sheet currently only 1 page big?  Seems not big enough for everything.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Crexis said: Thanks Vince. I got a character sheet open.  Is the whole character sheet currently only 1 page big?  Seems not big enough for everything. It's a playtest sheet that currently includes the most important features.  The sheet's rather spartan appearance is deceptive since the use of repeating sections allow for theoretically, unlimited expansion within those sections.  I would recommend trying the sheet and reporting back to this thread if you find something missing. I believe patching up a few bugs and adding an NPC section is in the works...

Edited 1534791745
Not sure if it's been mentioned but Perception under Senses is keying off Dexterity and not Wisdom. EDIT: I found it in Git and submitted a Pull Request.
Is anyone else having an issue where when you are entering feats all but the first feat you entered vanish until you close the character sheet and come back?
mrianmerry
Pro
Sheet Author
Joseph M.  said: Is anyone else having an issue where when you are entering feats all but the first feat you entered vanish until you close the character sheet and come back? I think somebody suggested that this may be related to the placeholder name being a feat from Starfinder. If you're saving them as General Feats - try toggling the feat type to something else, and then back to General, as a temporary workaround?
mrianmerry
Pro
Sheet Author
Run into some funsies with roll queries: Not every query... works. When I roll: @{selected|hp_max} The parser seems to mistake the 'max' for a function invocation, and prints the following error (or leaves the space blank if there was other text writ): SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found. Amusingly, when I roll: @{selected|temp_hp_max} The parser does not find any attribute to include in my roll: No attribute was found for @{selected|temp_hp_max} I've not attempted to query any other attributes, so I'm not sure of the extent to which this applies, sorry!
The lag I experience when working with the sheet definitely needs to be addressed. I would also like to see a compendium for moving spells, equipment, etc. over at some point, but I do understand the need to fix the sheet itself before that can be done. Adding the ability to parse things to the sheets like we do with the Pathfinder Companion Sheet is something that needs to be added as well, but first things first. Gotta crawl before walking and running!
Joseph M. said: Is anyone else having an issue where when you are entering feats all but the first feat you entered vanish until you close the character sheet and come back? Yes, this has been reported.
Not sure if this is a bug or I'm just not grasping the correct format for it, but I can't seem to get a mod to add hp to the character's max hp. The specific situation I'm in uses the Orc Toughness, but I'm sure there's other feats that apply. I've tried using "+2 to hp", "+2 feat to hp", " +2 to hp max", "+2 to hp_max" and maybe a few others that I don't remember. Related to this, I also have been trying to figure out how to add temp hp from Rage. Initially I was trying to use a buff to cover everything for that ability with mixed results. Does anyone have any advice for me? Thanks
zerogt00 . said: Not sure if this is a bug or I'm just not grasping the correct format for it, but I can't seem to get a mod to add hp to the character's max hp. The specific situation I'm in uses the Orc Toughness, but I'm sure there's other feats that apply. I've tried using "+2 to hp", "+2 feat to hp", " +2 to hp max", "+2 to hp_max" and maybe a few others that I don't remember. Related to this, I also have been trying to figure out how to add temp hp from Rage. Initially I was trying to use a buff to cover everything for that ability with mixed results. Does anyone have any advice for me? Thanks I was also unable to find a way to add this as a mod, so we just added it to the Ancestral HP
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
zerogt00 . said: Not sure if this is a bug or I'm just not grasping the correct format for it, but I can't seem to get a mod to add hp to the character's max hp. The specific situation I'm in uses the Orc Toughness, but I'm sure there's other feats that apply. I've tried using "+2 to hp", "+2 feat to hp", " +2 to hp max", "+2 to hp_max" and maybe a few others that I don't remember. Related to this, I also have been trying to figure out how to add temp hp from Rage. Initially I was trying to use a buff to cover everything for that ability with mixed results. Does anyone have any advice for me? Thanks There were several issues with the mods handling. These should be fixed when the update goes live today.
Nathan K. said: I was also unable to find a way to add this as a mod, so we just added it to the Ancestral HP That's the same work-around I ended up using on the spot, but I was wondering if it was just me. Scott C. said: There were several issues with the mods handling. These should be fixed when the update goes live today. Thanks! I'll have to wait and see how everything works when it goes live. I just wasn't sure if this specific issue had been brought up before. I know a problem can't be worked on if the people responsible don't know it's a problem. 

Edited 1534875075
Roll20 Dev Team
Roll20 Team
Hello everyone! In an effort to keep the forums organized this thread has been unstickied and will instead be available through the stickied post titled " Character Sheet FAQ & Thread Repository "
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
There's been a new round of sheet updates! As always, thanks for the feedback and keep letting us know what's up :) Bugs Fixed Custom skill name overlaps mod total Need a place for spell points Need a place for hero points Unarmored Proficiency does not affect AC/TAC Show options checkbox is not accessibility friendly Level 10 spells show up in level 1 display Roll template scrollable areas are ridiculously tiny. Initiative is not adding to the turn order Shield proficiency can't be hooked up to an item. Encumbrance/overburden needs to be set 1 higher mods case insensitivity has been lost saves targeting of mods is not working ac mods affect both ac and tac max usable not editable (always shows as 10, regardless of what is entered in the base) Repeating skills don't restyle when signature skills
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi folks, I wanted to correct one thing that I realized looking at the bug notes above. The accessibility issue with the show options has not been fixed (or at least not guaranteed to be). A change was made, bit I haven't had the chance to get it tested.

Edited 1534879834
Just messing around with runes and noticed that when I added a "+2 item to will" for an armor mod, the display for the Will saving throw went up by 4. The rolls properly reflect the numbers though, so it looks like it's just a display issue. Also, not sure if it's intentional, but the shield icon that represents ACP next the skills is gone. Edit: and now the saving throw mods seems to be fixed.
Good start, spells tab is still really really sluggish.
Trivia said: There's been a new round of sheet updates! As always, thanks for the feedback and keep letting us know what's up :) Bugs Fixed Custom skill name overlaps mod total Need a place for spell points Need a place for hero points Unarmored Proficiency does not affect AC/TAC Show options checkbox is not accessibility friendly Level 10 spells show up in level 1 display Roll template scrollable areas are ridiculously tiny. Initiative is not adding to the turn order Shield proficiency can't be hooked up to an item. Encumbrance/overburden needs to be set 1 higher mods case insensitivity has been lost saves targeting of mods is not working ac mods affect both ac and tac max usable not editable (always shows as 10, regardless of what is entered in the base) Repeating skills don't restyle when signature skills Encumbrance/overburden is not changed in my game - tried toggling equipment off and back on to refresh.

Edited 1534932459
Will note that mods are still incapable of targeting the following @ attributes: hp max / hp_max -- relevant to the good old Toughness feat and fighter multiclass. temp hp max / temp_hp_max -- Relevant to barbarian rage and certain spells and feats. encumber bulk /encumber_bulk overburden bulk / overburden_bulk -- Both relevant to the Ant Haul spell, for instance. However, it is worth noting that the new attribute: spell points max / spell_points_max BOTH function, so that part is working. ------------------------------------ In addition, rolling a natural 20 on an attack, does not double the amount of damage dice automatically. This could well be by design, due to pathfinder 2nd editions; 10 or above DC, resulting in a critical success. With a 20 being the guaranteed critical success. Just thought I would mention it. Great progress on the sheet. Good luck sorting the spell tab. Be it by clever coding or a separate page for spells. As long as it is smooth, I am a happy camper.
Nathan K. said: Trivia said: There's been a new round of sheet updates! As always, thanks for the feedback and keep letting us know what's up :) Bugs Fixed Custom skill name overlaps mod total removed for size Repeating skills don't restyle when signature skills Encumbrance/overburden is not changed in my game - tried toggling equipment off and back on to refresh. Nathan, try adjusting your strength score. I have noticed that this will cause a recalculation of the encumbrance values.
Acessibility does actually seem to be fixed, although the sluggishness that has been mentioned is present through the feats, equipment, attacks and spells sections. It is worst in spells but with my screen reader the rest of that lags as well.

Edited 1534907677
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Nick S. said: Acessibility does actually seem to be fixed, although the sluggishness that has been mentioned is present through the feats, equipment, attacks and spells sections. It is worst in spells but with my screen reader the rest of that lags as well. Thanks Nick. Sorry I never got the chance to run the change by you first. Glad it worked out though. As for the lag, it's next on my to do list.
After this last round of updates it looks like untrained skills (and I think armor profs) are at level -1 instead of level -2
+2 item to TAC still not working for equipped armor for me.
Finding that while you can make a penalty to Attack and have it reflect -in sheet- the attack penalty does not reflect at all in the actual roll I'm trying to add a -2 penalty to attack rolls for Retributive Strike (paladin feature) and cannot for the life of me figure out how to code it, if possible, to apply in the roll itself.
Hi, this update has done wonders for the sheet, but there are a few bugs I've noticed that I would like to point out. First off, it's great that you can now add a shield. Unfortunately there needs to be a toggle for the shield's AC bonuses since it costs an action to raise the shield. Any armor check penalties should apply whether it is raised or not, but since it is no longer a static bonus to AC there needs to be some kind of toggle. Second, there still needs to be a mod for armor check penalty, and I have an idea of how it could work. You could set up a query for whether the athletics or acrobatics check you roll has the attack trait. If it does, the ACP won't be applied, and if it doesn't the ACP will be applied. I think using thievery also doesn't use ACP if you are disabling a device. A potential solution could be that instead of having a check-box for ACP you could set it up as a dropdown with options (Yes, No or Query). Third, I don't know if this is a bug or if I don't know the correct sintax, but I also can't buff max HP, or any of the max points. I know max HP and max temp HP have already been reported, but max resonance and max spell points also can't be buffed. I think alchemists get a way to raise their max resonance and most classes that get powers that use spell points receive an increase to their max amount of spell points. It would be great to have this mod implement, or if it's already in there please tell us the way to do it. Finally, I have one minor accessibility issue. The toggles for mods and attacher, as well as the similar toggles on spells and powers and such, aren't the most accessible options. I can use them, but I've found that depending on the web browser I'm using they aren't necessarily announced as they should be. For example, using Firefox they are announced to me as clickable elements, but if I switch to chrome they are not, even though I can still click them. Just something to look into. I'm not sure if there is a better option or not.
There's also an issue with proficiency calculating into skills. I saw something about this above but it only appears to be in some skills. For example, I am unproficient in acrobatics and the proficiency is calculating correctly, but I am also unproficient in survival with a -1 wisdom mod and my survival is just a -1, which means my proficiency mod isn't being added as far as I can tell.
Personally, my biggest complain has to be the lag. I know it's been mentioned here before, but I can't stress enough that that's what's stopping me and my group from doing the playtest.

Edited 1535044129
Tonton
Translator
Nick S. said: There's also an issue with proficiency calculating into skills. I saw something about this above but it only appears to be in some skills. For example, I am unproficient in acrobatics and the proficiency is calculating correctly, but I am also unproficient in survival with a -1 wisdom mod and my survival is just a -1, which means my proficiency mod isn't being added as far as I can tell. It's actually the normal method. If you're unproficient in a skill, you recieve ONLY your ability mod toward it. So since you have -1 in Wisdom, you recieve -1 in the skill. You have to be at least be trained in the skill to have your level added toward the skill. Unless you made a typo? As for a lot of people, the lag is a really big issue. And it doesn't affect only the spell list, it affects the whole character sheet. I have about a 5 secondes delay on each single clic : / (I've tried emptying my cache, etc.) Thanks in advance for your support.

Edited 1535044262
mrianmerry
Pro
Sheet Author
Tonton said: Nick S. said: There's also an issue with proficiency calculating into skills. I saw something about this above but it only appears to be in some skills. For example, I am unproficient in acrobatics and the proficiency is calculating correctly, but I am also unproficient in survival with a -1 wisdom mod and my survival is just a -1, which means my proficiency mod isn't being added as far as I can tell. It's actually the normal method. If you're unproficient in a skill, you recieve ONLY your ability mod toward it. So since you have -1 in Wisdom, you recieve -1 in the skill. You have to be at least be trained in the skill to have your level added toward the skill. Unless you made a typo? This is not correct at all. For Untrained  proficiency, the proficiency modifier is: character_level - 2

Edited 1535054620
Nick S. said: Hi, this update has done wonders for the sheet, but there are a few bugs I've noticed that I would like to point out. First off, it's great that you can now add a shield. Unfortunately there needs to be a toggle for the shield's AC bonuses since it costs an action to raise the shield. Any armor check penalties should apply whether it is raised or not, but since it is no longer a static bonus to AC there needs to be some kind of toggle. If you go to the buff/mod section top right of the sheet.   I just made one titled "shield:" and used +2 to ac and +2 to tac ( or whatever yours is) that way you can just check the box and it will adjust ac when you use the raise shield I have a question in relation to ACP. i swear a couple days ago it showed little AC symbols next to the skills that had ACP checked. Now I dont have those and cant get the ACP to apply. Any ideas? thanks
I made a rage buff for a barbarian character. Added "+2 to damage" and "-1 to AC" but while the damage change appears in the attacks section, the rolls are not taking the buff into account. They are just rolling the non-rage damage.

Edited 1535148011
The information for Proficiency is partially incorrect. Anything that is Untrained currently macros in at -1[Prof], when it should be -2, because Untrained Proficiency modifier is level-2. (Playtest Rulebook p291) So the math for something Untrained should read as: 1d20 +#[Level] + -2[Prof]  +#[Ability] (The other Proficiency mods are correct, as far as I could tell from testing) I also wanted to know if there was a place for Actions, Activities, and Reactions?  They don't really fit into Attacks or Powers.
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi folks, here's the current list of known bugs as I go into the weekend to work on the sheet: Extreme lag (especially when editing spells) ACP icons are missing Potential issue with save issues buffs to hp, temp hp, encumber/overburden bulk untrained prof mods incorrect? armor buffs still not working? accessibility issue for expandable fields in repeating sections damage mods not being applied to rolls No way to roll criticals
mrianmerry
Pro
Sheet Author
Jez S. said: The information for Proficiency is partially incorrect. Anything that is Untrained currently macros in at -1[Prof], when it should be -2, because Untrained Proficiency modifier is level-2. (Playtest Rulebook p291) So the math for something Untrained should read as: 1d20 +#[Level] + -2[Prof]  +#[Ability] (The other Proficiency mods are correct, as far as I could tell from testing) I also wanted to know if there was a place for Actions, Activities, and Reactions?  They don't really fit into Attacks or Powers. Jez, the proficiency bonus (that is actually added to rolls) is level + proficiency modifier. But you are right - as these are added separately, it should be -2.
I found some really strange behavior from attack and damage buffs. +1 conditional to attack +2 conditional to damage This shows up correctly in the attacks tab for all my weapons, but doesn't calculate in the roll when clicking on atk1 and doesn't show in the mouseover. However, if I change the bonus type, more weirdness happens: +1 item to attack +2 item to damage This shows double both bonuses in the attacks tab for all my weapons, but still doesn't show up in the roll. Item bonuses is the only bonus I've found where this happens.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
New Updates for y'all: Pathfinder Playtest V 0.01 Build Date 1535547600 Bug Fixes ACP icons now display buffs to hp, temp hp, encumber/overburden bulk now work -untrained prof mod is now correct (-2) armor buffs should now update correctly. This was a more widespread issue that affected multiple attributes. Damage mods are now applied to rolls A first pass at improving the responsiveness of the sheet. This has affected how spells are stored (see below). Please post feedback on how the sheet responds for you with this change. Feature/Function Changes Spells are now stored in their own repeating section. Current spells will be transferred over when you open a sheet and the old repeating_ability version of the spell will be removed. The repeating sections for spells are repeating_cantrip and repeating_spell1 - repeating_spell10.

Edited 1535476933
Trivia, I just popped in to check it out. Spell and Powers tab is still just as sluggish. Also, a couple of visual bugs I will highlight below: edit: guess i can't post pictures from work, but the RP section and Spell and Power button have text overlap.
There is no place in the Character Creation to write down your character's Age, even though it's one of the steps when following the Rulebook There is no option for Background for the origin of the Feats I can't seem to set up Attacks and Feats with an associated attack (such as Razor Teeth) properly on this sheet. A little tutorial as a wiki page would be appreciated Lore and Performance are not listed with the other Skills What does the ACP in each skill (next to the Signature option) mean? Kinda sad that goblins are not proficient in Slings, I was using a goblin to replace my Pathfinder Ratfolk for the time being Having the Mess Kit back would be nice :) How do we make our gear AC bonus be counted towards our AC and TAC? How can we know what our Armor Proficiency is? A place on the character sheet for us to type our own Notes would be nice too ;)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks Nathan for that feedback, Scott's been working hard trying to figure out why. I'll put it back in Known Issues at the top of the thread.