Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Torg Eternity] Sheet redesign thread

My ordinary practice is to put all the fixed statistics for an NPC into the character sheet, but track their variables on the token: red=wounds, green=shock, blue=possibilities for reality-rated NPCs and number of creatures for mobs. I use the custom token feature to track stymies, vulnerables, aiming, etc. I'll usually create custom macros for the NPC attacks and damage that can be rolled without opening the NPC sheet. Works reasonably well. It certainly moves the game along faster than doing everything manually. I am hoping the Threat tab will display a compressed stat block much like the 5e sheet does. Easier to reference and get rolls off of it. But I'm sure Gigs has his own ideas, and they are probably going to work great, even if they aren't what I'm hoping for.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Not everyone will use every feature of a complex sheet and that's okay. I know this is a feature that I will use, and that makes it important enough to include, lol. Most of my enemies are not fully developed characters - nowhere near, in fact. The point is to have a tab that you dont have to fill out a full sheet for, and just have a subset of stats on it arranged in a format that makes it easy to refer to while not taking up massive screen estate. This is especially important for people who dont use popout sheets, and who have multiple enemy types in the same scene. Roll20 already has a system for handling multiple characters of the same type in a scene - you can record their wounds and shock on the token directly without it affecting the character sheet. So you dont need the character sheet for that. But you do need it as a reference for their scores, special abilities and such.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
GM Matt said: I am hoping the Threat tab will display a compressed stat block much like the 5e sheet does.  Yes, that's the plan. 
I'm with Pauly on this one, I struggle to see how I'd use a condensed version.  I have enough villains with armor, perks, and powers, that I'm not sure how i'd use a simplified character sheet.  That having been said, I am waiting to see what you come up with, I am sure that with many other items I'll be surprised.  I could see something based on the threat card where we fill out the primary attack and defense skills, maybe a section for weapons and abilities, and notes for perks....maybe.  I think you might get some more feedback from the users once we see what you have in mind and get a look at your rough draft.
I'm in the "looking forward to this" camp. My one suggestion so far is about skills: Right now under the Abilities tab, you can set up a skill with adds and the attribute, but you can't set the skill value directly. For Threats, I'm hoping it's possible to drop total values directly in, given that published adventures usually list a threat's total values out for abilities without the adds. And while the arithmetic is easy enough to do to work out individual adds, easy arithmetic × a dozen skills × half a dozen threats or more for this week's session × switching back and forth between two windows or a screen and a book = my least favorite part of setting up a Roll20 session. Roll20 noob question: Since a GM can show a character sheet to their players, will we be able to show the Threat tab to players as sort of an ad hoc thread card, so players know what a given foe's defenses are? I'd assume so, but there might also be more info on there than a GM would want to make public.
Michael D. said: I think you might get some more feedback from the users once we see what you have in mind and get a look at your rough draft. Yes, this is where my curiosity lies, right now.  GiGs, you've done an absolutely amazing job on the main record sheet and on the Story tab, so I know you'll do the same with the Threat tab and I am very eager to see your work. :) I also like what Jason S. had to say about entering skill values directly; nicely put.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jason S. said: I'm in the "looking forward to this" camp. My one suggestion so far is about skills: Right now under the Abilities tab, you can set up a skill with adds and the attribute, but you can't set the skill value directly. For Threats, I'm hoping it's possible to drop total values directly in, You're in luck because thats exactly what I was intending. I found when copying some enemies from a supplement that it was irritating to have to calculate their adds, instead of just being able to enter the value listed in the supplement. Roll20 noob question: Since a GM can show a character sheet to their players, will we be able to show the Threat tab to players as sort of an ad hoc thread card, so players know what a given foe's defenses are? I'd assume so, but there might also be more info on there than a GM would want to make public. There's a roll20 problem here: what we call Character Sheets are actually called Journals. A Journal has 3 tabs - Bio, Character Sheet, and Attributes and Abilities. Here's why that terminology matters: Players cannot see anything on the Character Sheet tab, unless they are added as a controller to that character. So there's no way of showing the threat tab to players directly. I plan to have a button which prints to chat a "threat card" - a summary of their key combat stats with a portrait, so GMs can show the basics of a threat to players. There's no way to do a popup from a character sheet - it has to be sent to chat. It's not ideal, but it's the best we can do with the limits of roll20.
GiGs said: I plan to have a button which prints to chat a "threat card" - a summary of their key combat stats with a portrait, so GMs can show the basics of a threat to players. This is pretty easy to do with a basic macro and/or PowerCards. I have one running myself right now. PM me and I can share it. Another option is to use the threat card art assets that already exist and display them on the tabletop as a token or a map element.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
GM Matt said: GiGs said: I plan to have a button which prints to chat a "threat card" - a summary of their key combat stats with a portrait, so GMs can show the basics of a threat to players. This is pretty easy to do with a basic macro and/or PowerCards. I have one running myself right now. PM me and I can share it. Another option is to use the threat card art assets that already exist and display them on the tabletop as a token or a map element. Using the threat card assets and displaying them on the map are great as general tips, but those cant be done from the character sheet. What I'm focused on here is what the character sheet can do.
GiGs said: Using the threat card assets and displaying them on the map are great as general tips, but those cant be done from the character sheet. What I'm focused on here is what the character sheet can do. Ha! Yeah, I figured that you knew how to do that. :) I was trying to just add some more info in response to Jason's question. Sorry, I can see that I wasn't very clear about that.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No problem :) I just have to manage expectations, I dont want people to think the sheet can do things it cant.
For those wanting to use threat cards now before Gig's gets what ever magic he has planned now in working order, you can add threat cards to your character that the players can see.   1. Open the journal entry for your villain 2. Click the edit button on the upper right 3. Import the existing threat card art into the Avatar section When you are ready for your players to see the threat card but not see the villain character sheet  add the players names to the In Players Journals  section.  DO NOT add them to the Can Be Edited & Controlled By or they will have access to the character sheet and will be able to edit and control.  This will allow them to see the avatar (where the threat card now resides) and any notes in Bio & Info (I usually provide additional villain physical description here if it was provided in the adventure...copy paste) .  If you right click the villain journal entry and select Show to Players  Roll20 will take care of it for you and you don't need to open the journal entry at all.  This system is a bit clunky, but it does keep the threat card with the villain rather than being a separate piece of art put on the table.  If Gig's can come up with a way to export a threat card to chat from the character sheet and auto generate it that would be even better.  But for now this works.  The heroes can see the threat cards, they can not see the character sheet, the cards and villains are all together so when I transmogrify from one game to another to reuse a villain I get all the stats and art, etc.  I even created a basic template in LIbreOffice write so I can create threat cards for villains that don't have any.  My players really like the threat cards so it's worth the extra 10 minutes a villain to me to create missing ones.
Nice.  Thank you for that work.

Edited 1589928550
I think I found a bug. I was playing with the Advancement Track on the Story tab. I put in a perk, then deleted it, but the track now says I have 5 spent xp even though the perk is gone. Reloading the page did not help. Update: If you edit the perk's xp cost to 0 before deleting it, the total spent updates. It's just if you delete an item entirely via the Modify button that the spent xp isn't updated. So, not a priority to fix, although it may cause some confusion.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks, I'll check and update that. 

Edited 1589941263
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's an easy fix, i forgot to include the check for deleting repeating section rows from that sheet worker. It'll but updated next week. In the meantime, if you delete a row, just edit any value afterwards, and the cost will be recalculated correctly. Then just set it back. So in the above screenshot, the previously bought advances could be set to 1, then set to 0 again.
I think having a dedicated space in the Story tab for Romance and Connections created by card play might be nice too.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thats an interesting idea. Possibly just called Connections, so it doesnt have  to be tied to those specific cards?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Just a quick heads up: I've delayed the Threats tab, and am working on translations.  I figured I'd better get that done now, before making even more work to translate later.
I really like Zoula's idea.  And, thank you for the work on translations; I don't need them, but I am pretty sure a lot of folks do and it will be easier for you to update a bit at a time rather than all at once, as soon as you have the all-at-once stuff done.
Another suggestion: An open tab with just one big text field for player notes. Maybe another one as well to put desciptions of all my character's spells, miracles, powers, and such in one place (as detailed as I want), so I don't have to go flipping through books or PDFs.

Edited 1590028658
GiGs said: Just a quick heads up: I've delayed the Threats tab, and am working on translations.  I figured I'd better get that done now, before making even more work to translate later. Do you want help translating? I can handle French, German, and Spanish. I'd offer Finnish too but that would best be left to a native speaker, trust me. I don't know if the platform makes it easy for you to send me a list of strings to translate, or if it's all embedded and impossible to separate out....
Nik G. said: Another suggestion: An open tab with just one big text field for player notes. Maybe another one as well to put desciptions of all my character's spells, miracles, powers, and such in one place (as detailed as I want), so I don't have to go flipping through books or PDFs. While I agree with the Player notes, why can't you put the individual descriptions in your listings in Weapons & Powers?  You shouldn't have to flip through anything, but should be able to type in everything you need.  It might be a bit of work, but then you chose the abilities for some reason, you might as well type in a description as you understand the ability. As the GM for my crew, I have pretty much everything ready to go for their access.  I would LOVE to be able to share it, but since USI says they'll be working on the Compendium for Torg Eternity, soon, hopefully we won't have to worry about it, at all. As for the Player notes, these can actually go on the Bio & Info tab when you first pop open your Character, before you switch over to the Character Sheet tab.  You AND your GM can add items, story parts, links to handouts only that Character has, etc.  Obviously, this could be done in a Character notes tab inside the Character sheet, as well, but it's already been provided for you on Bio & Info.

Edited 1590034225
Oh! Wow, the Weapons & Powers entries have a lot more in there than I thought. (Had to check the little "Power?" checkbox to see the extra info.) I can't believe I missed that, thanks! I can even put grapple info in there for my bullwhip. I figured the Bio & Info tab was for stuff you want the other players to be able to see about your character. Not a good place for private notes. In any case, using it is kind of annoying because it isn't just editable like everything else, I have to click the button to open an editor. and then when I do that, I have to scroll down past the avatar because the text is put below it rather than alongside. I can also cheat and use the Deeds section under Story to create discrete notes, maybe mark them with a * or something to indicate they aren't actual Deeds.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nik G. said: Another suggestion: An open tab with just one big text field for player notes. Maybe another one as well to put desciptions of all my character's spells, miracles, powers, and such in one place (as detailed as I want), so I don't have to go flipping through books or PDFs. I know you've found the Powers section (thanks Pauly for pointing that out :)) so most of the above is answered, but the question gave me an idea for the 4th GM tab. That is meant to be in part a place for the GM to keep notes, as well as rolls they doesnt need a full character sheet for. When i create it, I'll have a toggle between player and GM mode, so players can use it for random note taking too that doesnt fit the character sheet stats and stuff. I dont like using the Bio tab for general notes, either, never mind the visibility to other players. Because its an extra hassle to open - it's just not as accessible as fields on a character sheet.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nik G. said: GiGs said: Just a quick heads up: I've delayed the Threats tab, and am working on translations.&nbsp; I figured I'd better get that done now, before making even more work to translate later. Do you want help translating? I can handle French, German, and Spanish. I'd offer Finnish too but that would best be left to a native speaker, trust me. I don't know if the platform makes it easy for you to send me a list of strings to translate, or if it's all embedded and impossible to separate out.... Thanks for the offer, but I dont actually do the translating. Sheet designers set up a sheet with special tags, and they get replaced on the fly with the users language. I modify the sheet and create a translation,json file. The roll20 creates files for each language through a volunteer service. Users can volunteer to help with a translation. If you look at the 5e shaped folder on github, you can see what this looks like:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/5eShaped" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/5eShaped</a> There's a translations.json file in the root folder which handles the conversion, and a translations folder which contains all the various language files. So once the translations feature of the sheet is ready, you'll be able to help with translations - either by applying to roll20 for help, or looking through the translation JSON file to get a list of strings to translate, and sending me those directly. I dont know how complete roll20's effort will be - it'll likely take some time for their volunteer service to start filling the language files. And there are sometimes small errors or gaps here and there, so there's often holes to plug. Thanks for the offer!
Cool, looks like there's a decent system for translations and people willing to do it. Probably native speakers in every case too, which is better in the end. I'll keep an eye on it in any case. Thanks also for the comments on the character sheet. I like your idea about the GM/player toggle and look forward to seeing it. Cheers!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pauly da Leg-breaka said: And, thank you for the work on translations; I don't need them, but I am pretty sure a lot of folks do and it will be easier for you to update a bit at a time rather than all at once, as soon as you have the all-at-once stuff done. Yeah, it'll make a lot if people happy I imagine. Though it would have been way &nbsp;more arduous without Andreas's help with the script he has to autogenerate translation tags. It's output still needs finessing a bit here and there, but it shaved many very tedious hours off the work. Thanks Andreas.
In comparing ideas regarding "threat cards", such as the Threats tab on the character sheet, or GM Matts Threat Card chat printout, I've been going quickly through pros and cons.&nbsp; I like the idea of using GiGs script in combination with macros such as Matts to printout required ifomation, but I find that with my own Threat card chat printout (totally stolen from Matts old game) I am constantly either scrolling backwards or just printing out another one. Ideally, with the Threats tab on the sheet, I could have that open and access all the current threats from one screen. This is why Roll20 requires a second screen in its ToS.&nbsp; Okay, so it might not REQUIRE one but everyone should have one. Speaking of, does anyone else have problems with lag when it comes to bring out a threat card in chat?&nbsp; Sometimes i hit my macro and it takes minutes for it to pop up in chat.
@Tia- I am lucky enough to have a two monitor setup, so my stat blocks are usually visible on the second screen. I don't need to look at the threat card in chat. The threat cards that display in chat are more for the benefit of the players. Sometimes PowerCards is really slow. I think it has something to do with the server loads on Roll20.
@Tia - I have similar issues and am on the same page as GM Matt.&nbsp; I have a 2nd screen for having my villain character sheets open, and the threat cards are for the heroes to look at so they can determine target numbers for success / failure of basic combat tests.&nbsp; I don't use the threat cards myself. I don't generate threat cards in chat, but I do use GiG's UCM macro.....a LOT!.&nbsp; I do notice that sometimes there is substantial lag.&nbsp; However, I am patient with it because with the UCM I don't really even use the villain character sheets myself.&nbsp; For the most part I'm only referencing a villain character sheet if a player has a question for an opposed villain test or something like that.&nbsp; If I'm making a villain attack, using a power, rolling strength, etc I'm doing it straight form the UCM in chat.&nbsp; And for the most part my players are doing the same thing.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The lag problem with scripts is unavoidable at the moment - its a consequence of coronavirus and the extra load roll20 is under. They did some jiggery-pokery this week to reduce the problem, we'll have to see how well it worked. Before this started, scripts - even ones much heavier than UCM - were generally instant. Every now and then you'd get a delay that was noticeable while waiting for an output, and when I say "every now and then", i mean, maybe once a month or so. Now its a lot worse, but hopefully roll20 are getting in top of it.

Edited 1590225014
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Someone reminded me today of something I'd always meant to explain properly, but kept forgetting. Earlier in the threat there was a suggestion to make the sheet wider, because modern monitors would support it. I said 850px was the optimal pixel size for roll20, but never got to explain why. Have a look at this pic: All the redtext there is what the sheet looks like now without translation tags active. You should never see it look like that. But it illustrates a useful point - see at the right side, where the text is too large and goes off the end of the visible area? If the sheet was any wider, it wouldn't be a good experience. Whenever you open a character sheet in roll20, it opens at a specific size. There is no way to change this. You can resize a sheet and it will remember during that session . But as soon as you log out those changes will be forgotten, and the next time you load the sheet it'll be back to its default size. And you have to resize every single sheet you open. At that default size, a sheet of 850 pixels width fits just perfectly. Anything bigger, and you have to scroll off to the side to be able to see it. Scrolling down a sheet is fine, but scrolling sidewards every time you open a new sheet, as well as having to scroll down, is a real pain. That's why community standards have settled on a sheet width of 800-850 pixels as being optimum.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've just committed a version of the sheet with the translation update. It's the first phase: it doesnt do rolltemplates, or sort skills accordining to language by alphabet. the last will require a bit of a sheet rework, the first shouldn't be too much trouble, but in both cases I need to have some foreign translations available for testing, so have to wait till its up on the site. The commit has a couple of other minor tweaks: added the Connections section on story tab, and fixed a couple of sheet workers (for instance, you cant put negative ammo capacity any more). This will go live tuesday-ish.
Is the sheet on Torg Eternity Community Sheet the updated one? Because to me it looks exactly like the picture above, red text and all. It does have the Character Header though.

Edited 1590305719
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No, dont worry about that. I was using the community sheet for testing the translations without including the actual translations. The translations file interacts weirdly once you install it, so I needed a version for comparison that didnt include it.&nbsp; Edit: &nbsp;I just updated the community sheet to this week's github version.&nbsp;
Hi Friends, I just wanted to take a minute to thank all of you for your hard work with the Torg Eternity character sheet! I ran my first Torg Eternity session on Roll20 last night and it was a great success. Special thanks goes to&nbsp;GiGs (you rock!),&nbsp;GM Matt &amp; TiaMaster for their contributions!&nbsp; (Apologies if I missed anyone) Thanks Again!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thats great to hear. And thanks :)
Let me second that. I am able to make up coherent NPCs with balanced power levels. My players are able to take care of character updates on their own and handle wounds and shock during play. They tend to know more about the sheet than I do. This sheet is the most important factor in my choice to use Roll20 for my Torg campaign. Thank you. -Grant
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thats music to my ears, honestly. It's nice to know the stuff I built into it is making a difference.&nbsp;
@GiGs @Grant @Ken Yes! It is so nice to have something as attractive and feature-rich as the "bigger" character sheets (5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, &amp; etc.).
Okay, I'm caught up with reading.&nbsp; Thank you, again, GiGs for adding to the sheet.&nbsp; Now to go check it out so I can brief my Players for Saturday evening's game.
We had another session tonight and your character sheet really made things smooth. Very much appreciated. One thing I had a little trouble with was keeping track of perks and such that had limited uses per scene/act. I know it's probably not supported by roll20 (like buttons to reset things for a scene or act), but I am wondering if anybody has developed some tricks to keep track of these. I tried editing the name to put an indicator in but I would lose track of those sometimes.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I could add a #uses options for perks. There's multiple ways to do it. I'll have to look through how the perks rules work for this. What are example of perks with limited numbers of uses?&nbsp;
@ Nik G.&nbsp; My cheat is to add the perk under weapons / powers as a power.&nbsp; The benefit for your issue as described is that there is ammo tracking, so I can go from 1 to 0 as a reminder that the power has been used.&nbsp; Additionally, descriptions of effects can be added in the successes and notes sections as appropriate (which is the part i really like, when villains or heroes use the perk, by placing it in the powers section and using it like an ability roll it outputs details on what the effect is, no need to look anything up).&nbsp; The only down side is ammo tracking is not automatic (as the character sheet doesn't know if you are firing a single shot, short burst, etc, so it doesn't know how much "ammo" to deduct).&nbsp; However, as perks with limited uses are now handled and tracked like power and weapons with ammo, me and my players are using the same method.&nbsp; And it is a simple item to edit the "ammo" for the perk under the powers section.&nbsp; My bigger issue is the reset function at the end of act or scene and keeping track of setting the "ammo" back to 1.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That sounds like a good solution. There's no harm in having Perks for basic descriptions in the Perk section, and listing them in the Attacks section as well if you want to benefit from things like the rolltemplate for printing to chat. I could add a Reset Ammo button at the top of the weapons section that resets the current ammo of all weapons to their maximum capacity. For perks, that would be 1, obviously.

Edited 1590697421
GiGs, two characters in our group have Situational Awareness (the best perk ever) and at some point during a longish fight I forgot whether I had actually used it. I also have Realm Runner, which is once per act, but haven't had to use it yet (although I'm sure I'd remember that particular one). Michael, that's a great idea! I will give it a try. GiGs, a reset ammo button would be nice, yes, although I don't personally have many weapons/abilities with ammo. Yet! ;-) Better yet, a reset ammo/mods button to clean up all those temporary boosts you can have, too.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nik G. said: Better yet, a reset ammo/mods button to clean up all those temporary boosts you can have, too. I was thinking if perks were put in the Attacks to track their ammo, it would handle them at the same time. That said, it might be worth expanding the Perks section to store extra game mechanics. Only if there are enough features that are perk section needs to make it worthwhile. What do people think the Perks section should contain?
I like the reset ammo / mods button idea.&nbsp; Reset all mods back to 0, reset all ammo to maximum.&nbsp; Great for clean up after a scene / act / adventure.&nbsp; There would be some slight issue with some perks that reset 1/scene -vs- 1/act (not sure what those are, but I know there are some perks/spells/powers that are 1/scene and other are 1/act).&nbsp; Because of the discrepancy and not being able to automate everything there would still be some manual intervention, but that would clean up a bunch.&nbsp; I would however not clean up mods in the derived ratings or defenses section.&nbsp; Derived ratings is about the only place to put mods for increasing shock or wound limit (aka hard to kill) that are permanent and defenses section is where we put defensive mods for shields, which once a character has, are usually permanent.&nbsp; For me, almost all other mods are temporary.&nbsp; For me, if a hero picks up a perk that modifies an attribute, we write the perk down, and then increase the attribute value and do not add a modifier.&nbsp; That's the only way to keep track of increases that are permanent -vs- a mage casing a spell to increase you attribute.&nbsp;&nbsp; What would a Perks Section contain?&nbsp; If you are going to turn it into a full function section, then the perk name needs to be a button that outputs to chat so we can get game effects.&nbsp; Obviously "ammo" tracking as described above to track perks that are used 1/act or 1/scene.&nbsp; And effect descriptions.&nbsp; I'm not aware of any perks off the top of my head that require a skill roll (I am sure there is probably 1.&nbsp; Would have to research to make absolutely sure), but as long as no rolling is necessary don't need all the other stats for powers.&nbsp; Because perks don't typically generate success levels, etc.&nbsp; Soo...what I'm getting at is I can't think of a need off the top of my head to create a "perks" section specifically other than if you do, then perks are perks tracked in the perks section.&nbsp; Weapons and powers are just that tracked in the weapons and power sections.&nbsp; The two sections work the same, but the names allow the character sheet to be more intuitive and there is no fudging or work around.&nbsp; That in itself is a significant improvement, though again at a cost of time for you to code it.&nbsp; And then once you change it I have like 100 old villains in my Monster Manual I have to go back and update ... again ... :-) As long as we are talking about upgrades, I have noticed that the thing I am having trouble keeping track of is that there are quite a few perks that make certain skills always favored (Warden makes stealth and tracking favored).&nbsp; Adding a check box next to each skill that outputs a text in the chat window during the skill test stating this skill is favored sure would be handy.&nbsp; Not sure if anybody else would use it though.&nbsp;&nbsp;
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Michael D. said: I like the reset ammo / mods button idea.&nbsp; Reset all mods back to 0, reset all ammo to maximum.&nbsp; Great for clean up after a scene / act / adventure.&nbsp; There would be some slight issue with some perks that reset 1/scene -vs- 1/act (not sure what those are, but I know there are some perks/spells/powers that are 1/scene and other are 1/act).&nbsp;&nbsp; The difference there is a good point. That kind of thing is what makes things like this trickey. If the Perks section had a hidden settings section, the way powers do, it would be possible to set a Perk as Per Scene or Act. The question is are there enough stunts of this kind ot make this kind of expansion worth the effort of programming it? That's what I'm trying to find out now. Because of the discrepancy and not being able to automate everything there would still be some manual intervention, but that would clean up a bunch.&nbsp; I would however not clean up mods in the derived ratings or defenses section.&nbsp; Derived ratings is about the only place to put mods for increasing shock or wound limit (aka hard to kill) that are permanent and defenses section is where we put defensive mods for shields, which once a character has, are usually permanent.&nbsp; For me, almost all other mods are temporary.&nbsp; For me, if a hero picks up a perk that modifies an attribute, we write the perk down, and then increase the attribute value and do not add a modifier.&nbsp; That's the only way to keep track of increases that are permanent -vs- a mage casing a spell to increase you attribute.&nbsp;&nbsp; Good point about derived ratings and defences. I wasn't planning to have any automation to those. You are right there are two many ways that people can handle those, any automation scheme would likely interfere with the way a substantial number of people use those sections. Regarding the bit in bold: i think that's the way you are supposed to do it. It does reduce the book-keeping, and creates less need for a Perk Details section.&nbsp; &lt;snipped feedback for brevity, but took notes&gt; As long as we are talking about upgrades, I have noticed that the thing I am having trouble keeping track of is that there are quite a few perks that make certain skills always favored (Warden makes stealth and tracking favored).&nbsp; Adding a check box next to each skill that outputs a text in the chat window during the skill test stating this skill is favored sure would be handy.&nbsp; Not sure if anybody else would use it though.&nbsp;&nbsp; Oh yes, I plan to add some way to define a skill as Favoured or Disfavoured (likely on the skill selection popout). I have some of the groundwork in place for handling the effects, and I'm planning to get around to completing that once the other tabs are complete. Any expansion to the Perk section will likely occur at the same time. I'm just gathering feedback at this time.&nbsp;