Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Torg Eternity] Sheet redesign thread

Edited 1582832123
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pauly da Leg-breaka said: Anyway, I just wanted to say that, since my last message, about one week ago, I am singularly impressed with the work you're doing.  You answered all but one of my suggestions/recommendations, and TiaMaster seems to be a wonderful font of knowledge in helping you out. About spending Possibilities, if you hit the - sign to remove a Possibility, does it automatically roll for you?  If not, I was going to suggest using the Possibility button you've built in to automatically subtract a Possibility.  I did not catch whether or not you've already done that, or if Players will still be required to reduce their Possibilities manually?  Either way is totally awesome, hehe. Thank you, again, and I can't wait to see this new sheet in action.  I am loving this. Thanks for the invitation! I'm not able to join, my schedule is extremely unreliable, but thanks for asking. That idea of rolling the possibility is a good one, but it's not possible in roll20. The way the sheets work, a button can do two things, but only one of them at a time. You can have a button that prints out to chat, OR makes a change to the character sheet's attribute values. You can't do both with the same button unfortunately. I wish you could, and I'd implement it immediately in so many ways, but sadly we can't. You can do it with an API Script, but that requires the game's GM to have a Pro subscription, so I'm not making the sheet require that. By the way, What was the one suggestion/recommendation I didnt answer?

Edited 1582832089
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
TiaMaster said: So, this way you will not get the Success Levels since you are not supplying the DN, correct? That's correct. Since success levels are just every 5 points, it's easy enough to work out. It is theoretically possible to include the option of asking for the DN and giving a success level, but that makes the rolltemplate vastly more complicated. I can't exaggerate this: in the original sheet, the rolltemplate was around 350 lines. My rolltemplate to calculate the precise result is about 1,100 lines (but since i combined multiple separate roll templates into one, it actually makes the sheet a little shorter ). To convert that into one that would calculate success levels and precise values would at least triple its size again, to 3,000+ lines. Considering how simple it is to take a total and get the success level, it doesnt seem worth that! However, once the sheet is finished, I'll create a companion API script, which will do this. It's much simpler to handle things like this in the API, but since its only available to GMs with a Pro subscription, I don't want to make that the sheet default.
I love the ability to select the skills which will show up.
GiGs said: There are so many modifiers that might apply, and tracking all of them is has issues: either you make a popup for each, which gets in the way when you want to just make a roll, or you include a bunch of checkbox options on the character sheet that ALL have to be checked or unchecked every time you make a roll, which is a pain and prone to error. Okay, but isn't it better to leave potential errors up to the GM, who should be the only one selecting those modifiers, anyway, right?  Allow the GM to select the modifiers... if there's an error and it's pointed out by the Players -especially if the mods chosen by the GM became part of the output- a do-over is always possible, isn't it? GiGs said: Thanks for the invitation! I'm not able to join, my schedule is extremely unreliable, but thanks for asking. By the way, What was the one suggestion/recommendation I didnt answer? Well, if anything changes with your schedule, keep me in mind, alright? You just did answer the suggestion/recommendation.  Only one thing can be done per button without the API, and a GM must have a Pro sub to use the API. GiGs said: I can't exaggerate this: in the original sheet, the rolltemplate was around 350 lines. My rolltemplate to calculate the precise result is about 1,100 lines (but since i combined multiple separate roll templates into one, it actually makes the sheet a little shorter ). To convert that into one that would calculate success levels and precise values would at least triple its size again, to 3,000+ lines. Considering how simple it is to take a total and get the success level, it doesnt seem worth that! Ahhh, comon!!!  The first program I ever wrote was on a TI-99/4A and it was 15,000 lines from a magazine, LOL.  Just kidding.  Less is certainly more in these circumstances. :D
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pauly da Leg-breaka said: GiGs said: There are so many modifiers that might apply, and tracking all of them is has issues: either you make a popup for each, which gets in the way when you want to just make a roll, or you include a bunch of checkbox options on the character sheet that ALL have to be checked or unchecked every time you make a roll, which is a pain and prone to error. Okay, but isn't it better to leave potential errors up to the GM, who should be the only one selecting those modifiers, anyway, right?  Allow the GM to select the modifiers... if there's an error and it's pointed out by the Players -especially if the mods chosen by the GM became part of the output- a do-over is always possible, isn't it? Ideally, yes, but that's not possible with roll20 macros and character sheets. (at least not if you want to use roll buttons on the character sheet.) There's no way to pre-select options for a roll that is exclusive to the GM, and it would require them to manually edit every single player's sheet every time before every single roll (because you'd have to set the options on each specific sheet), so it's not really a practical option. 
Okay, I think I'm missing something. The extant sheet has it so you click on the D20 image button to roll a particular skill.  That opens a window so the Player can input the difficulty number, then click the submit button and not only is the D20 rolled, the output tells what the die roll and the bonus number are, but also a text description if the success is Good or Outstanding. My understanding of your work is that you are eliminating that input box which pops up so the DN can be entered.  The math you have at your command rolls against the difficulty number of whomever is being attacked, automatically taking the difficulty number from the NPC/PC sheet to present that to the program for the difficulty number. If I've NOT understood what you've described your plan for functionality for die rolls is, thus far, "stop" me here.  In this case, I'm taking the power of the Roll 20 Macro system too far, I'm not understanding what I'm talking about, and I'll just be happy to see how it all works in the end.  LOL.  I'll be 49 at the end of July and, although I taught myself HTML and how to use JavaScript and work with PHP, it's been a while and I already know -from an experiment I tried two weeks ago- that I am VERY rusty. :) However, if I HAVE understood what you've described your plan is, then instead of that dialogue box for entering the DN going away, why not turn it into a set of check boxes, which appears only to the GM for each roll, where the GM selects all of the appropriate difficulty modifiers.  I don't imagine it would be all that difficult to have those checked mods added together and applied to the roll the Player has already clicked the button on their sheet for.  But, then, I'm not a coding genius and I don't have enough knowledge about this project to speak intelligently on it.  Thus, if I've over-stepped, please don't let me be discouraging in the least? :D
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pauly da Leg-breaka said: However, if I HAVE understood what you've described your plan is, then instead of that dialogue box for entering the DN going away, why not turn it into a set of check boxes, which appears only to the GM for each roll, where the GM selects all of the appropriate difficulty modifiers.  I don't imagine it would be all that difficult to have those checked mods added together and applied to the roll the Player has already clicked the button on their sheet for.   This is the issue: you cant do that in roll20. If you could  do that, it would be a approach at least worth considering. Especially if you could send a form which has multiple options on the single form, and you check which apply then click OK. (another thing you cant do in roll20: every pop up can have exactly one option. But on roll20 you cant do that. The person triggering the macro is the only one who can see the boxes that pop up. There's no way to send pop ups to another player, or the GM.  Furthermore, even if you could, each popup can have exactly one option. To give the options to choose whether to Aim, whether to apply concealment modifiers, cover modifier, range modifiers, and each extra modifier: each would require a separate popup, and they'd all have to be clicked through on every single roll, even those where they dont apply. There are ways to fake the first issue (using Chat Menus - The GM sends a button to chat, which can then be clicked by a player), but no way past the second problem, not even with the API.  Hope that explains the issue a bit. 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Also to clarify: My understanding of your work is that you are eliminating that input box which pops up so the DN can be entered.  The math you have at your command rolls against the difficulty number of whomever is being attacked, automatically taking the difficulty number from the NPC/PC sheet to present that to the program for the difficulty number. I'm replacing  the DN Popup with one that asks you for a modifier, and that modifier is figured into your total. I dont consider the target difficulty at all. The GM and players have to look at the roll total, and declare wither its a hit and what level of hit it is. This is exactly how most other sheets work, for example the D&D By Roll20 sheet. I'll repost the pic from earlier here: Notice it tells you the Result - not whether its a success or what level of a success. You learn you got, say, a result of 19, and then the GM says whether its a success and what level. This approach also makes it easy for the GM to apply modifiers after the fact, like say they forgot to mention the -2 cover modifier, they can just mentally add it now. This replicates the behaviour at an actual table very well, and is about the best level of automation you can get without making it far more complicated (which you can do with the API, but gets really clunky without it). Most sheets do it this way, because its the most practical.

Edited 1582919617
Having a popup that asks the player to check each modifier would be awesome, its a shame thats not possible.

Edited 1582925599
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
TiaMaster said: Having a popup that asks the player to check each modifier would be awesome, its a shame thats not possible. Having a single popup which had a bunch of different options you could check would be such an improvement in roll20, it's a shame its not possible. Progress Report: I was able top work on the sheet for the first time this week, and added repeating sections for Languages, and Custom skills (letting people add whatever skill they want). I decided not to add one for profession, because most people will only have one, and if you somehow add a second, you can use custom skills for that. This is how it looks: The underlined skills are those that require Training btw. I have two things left to do: The attack/powers section needs a minor revision Versioning script to allow characters from the old sheet to be transferred to this sheet (that could be a bit of work, and will definitely require testing) There are a few other minor things, like recording those special Possibilities for different cosms, and tweaking the roll output to make the Result more visible. But Once the two steps above (hopefully next week) I'll make a test game and link it here, and allow people to import copies of their characters through the character vault system for testing, to catch any bugs in the versioning system. Or just jump in and play around with it, to try it out and to see if there's anything I've overlooked And then it'll be ready to go live.
Awesome work here, I'm an older Torg player from the 90's who is interested in the Roll20 character sheet, looking forward to using this!
GiGs said: TiaMaster said: Having a popup that asks the player to check each modifier would be awesome, its a shame thats not possible. Having a single popup which had a bunch of different options you could check would be such an improvement in roll20, it's a shame its not possible. And then it'll be ready to go live. First, I now see I DID NOT know what I was talking about.  Thank you for your patience and your wonderful explanation; I'm grateful you're working on this project. Second, I hope folks from Roll 20 are paying attention so we might be able to get this added, though I think it might be necessary to put in a feature request.  I have a couple to put in, I just never have the time to do them. Third, "And then it'll be ready to go live." ~ I will be ecstatic to help test the sheet.  I'll put together a character of my own in the next week or so that I can transfer over.  I will do all in my power to understand what you've already explained, here, about the limitations of Roll 20 and not bombard you with a dozen or so questions, hehe.  I'll try to keep it to a half-dozen :P .
Well I guess I need to let you know that I will be needing the sheet by the thirteenth. Thanks for that, and all the appreciation ahead of time.
Quick question, I know you mentioned no loss of data way at the beginning but when the sheets change over what's going to happen with all the data that's currently in the Powers section of the character sheet? I'm in the midst of adding all the Aysle archetypes to my demo game and was entering in all their spells but decided maybe I should check if it was even worth doing if they're not going to work the same way soon?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Most of the attributes and stats have the same name, so the basic stuff (skills, stats, etc.) will transition seamlessly. The powers section is the tricky part, but maybe not as tricky as it appears: my attacks/powers section has most of the same stat boxes as the old powers section (it's meant to serve the same role), so I should be able to convert things over, and anything I'm not able to match I'll dump into the power's description so you can reformat it yourself. If you're making a lot of archetypes, it might still be best to wait a week or so.  I should have a demo sheet i can put up in a couple of days (without the data transferring feature) which you'll be able to look over and examine the differences, and point out if there's anything I've overlooked.

Edited 1583090187
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Update: i made some html / css tweaks this weekend. I changed the look of the tabs across the top (dont worry about the names, they'll change). I think i could do more to make them stand out a bit more, but they'll do for now. I expanded the defences section to include armour and toughness. Armour lists max dex and fatigue, as calculated from whatever is worn. They only show when relevant. Note that if your DEX is lowered, it will be reduced in the attributes sectin, so you might have - for instance - a base DEX of 10, but a Total of 8. This is so the roll buttons and skill values work properly.  I also added the Faith defence, since I noticed there are a few powers that use that as a defence. The Fatigue section at the bottom of statuses is new too. So you can click the fatigue button and have whatever the right number is applied to your shock automatically. There are now three hidden panels (aside from settings): here's a pic with them displayed If you have perks or other benefits that add permanent boosts to shock, wounds, etc., there's now a place to add them. Likewise if you get special possibilities linked to cosms (most people dont have them so no point having them displayed all the time). You can show them all from the settings popup, or show them individually: Clicking Other brings up the skills selection panel Clinking the Derived Ratings title brings up the special bonuses panel Clicking Possibilities in the status section brings up the Cosm Possibilities. These are each settings that you dont need to see very often, so they are stored in panels that you only show when you need to tweak them. In the skills section, I moved the languages to the bottom, because it broke up the look of the list pretty harshly when it was in the middle (the original alphabetical order). So, with languages and custom skills displayed, it looks like Come to think of it, i should probably give them their own black heading bar, but I can do that later. Finally i did a minor tweak of the rolltemplate, to make the possibility and up buttons look more fitting: I'll do a few more tweaks to that later. As I mentioned before, I want to make the result stand out a bit more. Skill (soon to be renamed Score), Bonus, and Result should be a bit more distinctive, as they are the most important elements.

Edited 1583173561
Well all that looks great. I'm definitely glad the Realm Specific possibilities are out of the way because that rule is needlessly complicated. Having Skill Bonus and Result be more pronounced is a good idea. Still, I'm going to miss Success Levels. That was one less thing to worry about. Also, I'm not sure why you would rename Skill to Score. Maybe "Value"?

Edited 1583196831
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Value would work too. I was changing Skill - because its not always a skill. You might be rolling a stat, for instance. I worked on the weapons and powers layout today. Here's what it looks like normally: I'll probably change that so all the text is bold, or none of it is, to be more consistent.  The Name and Damage are both buttons-  for making attack rolls, and then damage roll. The + after each is to record ongoing bonuses that arent stat or skill bonuses, and that affect more than a single roll. Come to think of it, i should probably have two bonuses after damage, for flat bonuses and bonus dice. Never mind for now. The checkbox at the end, opens up this: When you add a new weapon, it opens this by default, and you enter your weapon details here. Take note of that Power?  checkbox - click that and you get this: So you can enter weapons and powers, and if only adding weapons, don't need to display the full info. But if you are adding a power, you can add its full info. If you check the Power? box, it will stay checked. So you flip between the single line and full section display for powers, and the single line and half-size display for weapons. 
Value is what those sorts of things are typically referred to as in Torg, whether O or E.  I don't know whether or not that will help? This work is fantastic!  Well done.  I look forward to being able to test it. :D The only thing I can think of is about addressing the transfer of all those power descriptions (miracles, spells, psionics, and pulp powers).  I'm not sure of all the work you're doing in the background to ensure the integrity of these things, so I would recommend, if it's possible to do and, perhaps, enlisting the aid of the Roll 20 Devs, to send out a message to all those who are not here, warning that some things may not transfer directly over.  I'll be happy to post warning messages everywhere I play, to allow GMs and Players alike to prepare themselves to put on paper, somewhere, their Character(s), just in case.

Edited 1583215864
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The roll20 devs aren't involved with community sheets. The pre-existing sheet was created by a community member like us, and the roll20 devs dont involve themselves with those sheets. They do some sanity checking when an upgrade is submitted, but leave it to the sheet builders to get things right (and only intervene to roll back changes when things have gone badly wrong). I've designed the sheet for compatibility with the old one, and I should be able to transfer everything. There might be some missing things on the first draft, but that's why I'm setting up a testing campaign first. If it turns out that some things wont be transferable, I'll add a warning to the existing sheet before upgrading, giving people notice of what they need to save. I dont think that'll be necessary, though.  Edit:  so dont jump the gun and start spreading warnings around. That might just cause panic or worry needlessly.
No no... I won't do that; don't worry.  As I explained in my previous post, I'll wait until I hear something about it, first.

Edited 1583261707
Good Lord I'm glad for that update it looks beautimus. When do we get to see the other tabs? I'm anxious to see the Monster tab. (I'm assuming its for Mob/threat abilities) It looks like I'm gonan need the sheet earlier than expected, GiGs. So if you could make the 11th happen that would be great. :)

Edited 1583262257
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The other tabs are empty right now, haha. Yes, the monster tab is for mob/threats, and Threat is a much better title for it. I'll rename it to that. The other tabs will take a lot less work to create, and there's nothing from the old sheet to transfer to them so no complications there. PS: I cant promise to be ready by any particular date. I have to work around my daily responsibilities and a chronic illness, so it'll be ready when its ready!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
GiGs said: The other tabs are empty right now, haha. Just to clarify: I wont be holding the sheet up to finish those tabs. I'll be hiding anything unfinished for the first release. there's nothing on those tabs thats essential: the front tab replaces the current existing sheet completely; the other tabs are extras.
Was only kidding about the 11th (mostly). Because since you are doing a transfer feature I should be fine. We'll use the Custom sheet for a couple weeks then transfer over.

Edited 1583361796
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You also have the advantage of being a Pro user, so when the sheet is complete but still being tested, you can try it out before I post it for general release, so you might get it in time! For everyone: here's&nbsp; call for help; I have the first draft of my versioning script written and I need to test it. It would help a lot if I had some completed characters to try out. I've created a campaign below - it does NOT have the versioning script installed. But if you import some characters, and add IMPORT to their name (so i can tell which ones you've imported), I'll be able to export them to my own files to test them.&nbsp; To import characters, go to your Character Vault, and grab some characters from your games and import them to my campaign. Using the Character Vault is described here:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Vault" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Vault</a> Also, anyone who wants to jump in and make characters from scratch,&nbsp; Here's the test campaign. Note that the sheet is not quite &nbsp;complete. There's a glitch with the settings button appearance in firefox, I havent added the active defence / raw bonus roll buttons yet, and a few other minor things. But you can try it out and see what I've missed, and what needs explaining.
I've spent the last hour or so with my new character, Pauly da Leg-breaka, and I made a simple tough.&nbsp; I then spent some time going over the interface and playing with buttons and what-not, and here's what I've managed to come up with... 1) When working with Perks (and, perhaps, Armor and/or Gear), on clicking the Add button, instead of automatically opening and highlighting (placing the cursor in) the description box, can it be placed on the item line, please?&nbsp; The check-boxes are there, and people can click on them to pull up descriptions, if they need them.&nbsp; I found myself moving to click on the item line each time and seldom needed the description box, at all.&nbsp; I'm not, of course, saying that's true for everyone, but it will be true for more than those who actually need all of those boxes open. 2) Aesthetic - In the Armour block, Axiom is not centered.&nbsp; I'm not certain that's true or not in the other boxes, as well; I didn't pay attention that much, but due to layout of the Armour block seems to be more prominent. 3) In the Weapons and Powers description boxes, is the # to the right of the skill selection menu supposed to be our applicable skill value for the weapon or power being input?&nbsp; In a later question, I'll raise the happenstance that made me ask this question, but it does not appear to be.&nbsp; If it is, however, is that supposed to be an automatic capture of the appropriate skill value chosen from the skill drop-down just before it? 4) When you click on Possibility or Up from the chat window at the bottom of a roll, should Input Value and Modifier in the first window have a better explanation to it?&nbsp; Is it even really necessary for it to be there? 5) Confusion - When I spend a Possibility or have an Up from the conflict line of the card, the result from that being displayed, Last Roll and then Roll are listed.&nbsp; Unless the label on the roll is changed, perhaps to something like "Total Roll", it is going to be assumed that it's the addition to the Last Roll; guaranteed.&nbsp; If you could display Last Roll, New Roll, and Total Roll, that would be even better, as there is confusion in reading that.&nbsp; I've been GM'ing for a VERY long time and I tell you GMs and Players can become confused and angry over something very quickly. Example: I rolled for Unarmed Combat, which for my character is a value of 12.&nbsp; The original die roll was a 4.&nbsp; To test the system, I spent a Possibility and the Last Roll of 4 was displayed, but the Roll was 18.&nbsp; Doing some quick math, I added it up to 22 (18 + 4) automatically and looked up my bonus for that, rather than the Total Roll of 18, of course the 22 would be +8 and 18 being +5, which makes for a significant difference, of course.&nbsp; This was confusing for me, but I thought rationally about it and figured it out; most Players have no desire to do so and, once they do they'll be like: "Why?"&nbsp; So, Last Roll: 4 New Roll: 14 Total Roll: 18 I then tried to add an Up, again testing the system and it was the same result template, but a MUCH LARGER difference. Last Roll: 18 New Roll: 16 Total Roll: 34 Instead, it showed up as a 34 and gave me a generated total of 22 (+10 instead of +5), which was nice, of course. It might seem nit-picky and detail-unnecessary, but trust me when I tell you it is important to have that information. 6) "No attribute was found for @{Pauly da Leg-breaka|Melee Weapons}" when I clicked to use my Truncheon.&nbsp; I did the following: &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; A) I put the Melee Weapons (not Melee Combat as in the Skills section) number into the slot to the right of the Attack type drop-down box in the weapon's description, which did nothing, giving me the same message as above. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; B) I performed actions with my .38 Revolver and my Hand-to-Hand (aka Unarmed Combat) skill and those worked just fine. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; C) Since I was still working on the copy of the Character sheet I had built for Pauly, I went out of the Roll 20 Test Bed and back into it, opened my sheet, again, and tried the Melee Weapons and received the same error. I came to the conclusion that it has to do with how Melee Weapons skill is calculated within that table. 7) Aesthetics and, perhaps, Confusion - In the upper-right corner of the sheet, you have Unspent XP below Total XP.&nbsp; Wouldn't it be less confusing to reverse those two?&nbsp; Also, could you have Unspent XP work like the Status block with +/-, and have the Total XP block non-editable by the Player.&nbsp; When the Player improves something on their Character, they use the - button to remove the appropriate amount of Unspent XP, which does NOT affect the Total XP block, but only when a positive increment of XP being added, by the + button, is performed, that also increments the Total XP block.&nbsp; I might actually recommend a pop-up for entry of XP, instead, so the Player and/or GM are REQUIRED to type in and verify the amount being added. I had other questions, too, but was able to find simple and obvious answers to them as I was going along.&nbsp; When one builds a character within the system, answers tend to come about in short order. So, that's it, for now.&nbsp; Would it be alright if I built another PC with more abilities/powers and test that out, as well?&nbsp; Or, do I only get one character to mess with?

Edited 1583443865
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
#1) yes, i thought that is probably best too except for weapons and powers. I'm not sure why the textbox is automatically being selected, maybe its a html behaviour. #2) thanks, I'll check that. #3) those buttons are for temporary modifiers, the actual skill and damage values should be being taken automatically when you select a skill in the section below.&nbsp; That does need better explanation - part of the reason for showcasing this first, to discover what needs explaining rather than putting popups everywhere. #4) there's a settings cog at the top right of the screen, where you select whether rolls are linked to tokens are not. (This is the same behaviour as the old sheet.). When you have that selected, the possibility/up buttons use the last roll automatically, but require you to have a token selected. When you dont have that checked, tokens arent used, but you have to manually enter the last roll. Does that explain? #5) there's no way to display last roll and new roll separately, unfortunately. It's a limitation of the way roll20 macros work. I'll edit the rolltemplate to change the label to Total Roll when there's a Last Roll present. #6) I'm not sure what went wrong here. I'll check the melee weapon skill in the table. More on this in the next post, to avoid others missing it. #7) Reversing the order there might be a good idea. I took the original sheet layout there, but it might be worth switching it. As it is though, here is what I am planning for the next version of the sheet: when i do page 2, there'll be a section there where list the stuff that you buy and how much you spend. At that point, the XP you've spent will be calculated automatically.&nbsp; So Total XP is how much players have earned, and Unspent will be calculated automatically, and not editable. So at that point it probably makes sense for Total to be at the top. If I was planning to leave it as manual entry, I would replace the Unspent XP box with a Spent XP box.&nbsp; Thats great feedback by the way. Thanks!&nbsp; I think you should be able to create another character- check your macros section of the sidebar, there should be one there to let you create new sheets. Let me know if its not there.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
When entering weapons and powers, one major possible are of concern is that there are two sections where you might enter a melee skill number, and&nbsp; neither&nbsp; of them should be used.&nbsp;(I do plan to clear this confusion up on the sheet.) On the first line, you have the summary row, and a number slot next to weapon name - there's a matching number slot next to damage too. Both of these are for for temporary modifiers, and should usually be empty or zero. When you click the checkbox to open the attack details, you can enter values like range, ammo, etc. In that section there's a dropdown where you select skill, and a box next to it where you can enter a number. When you select a skill, its value will should be used automatically. You dont need to enter anything in the box next to it. That is for&nbsp; minimum skill value &nbsp;for those powers that have one. I should hide that when power details are empty (or delete it completely - you dont technically need it: if you have the power on your sheet, you probably have the required value! Though there are occasions your values can drop.).&nbsp;
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pauly da Leg-breaka said: 6) "No attribute was found for @{Pauly da Leg-breaka|Melee Weapons}" when I clicked to use my Truncheon.&nbsp; I did the following: I came to the conclusion that it has to do with how Melee Weapons skill is calculated within that table. In your error message, it says "Melee Weapons". Is there a space there? Or is it MeleeWeapons?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Aha, you're right. In the skill list on the sheet it's using MeleeCombat instead of MeleeWeapons. I just fixed that so it should be working now.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So, minor fixes just done: Fixed Melee Weapon Reference Changed Roll template Output to show Total Roll when a possibility/up is used Centered the axiom entry under armour Changed Perks, Armour, and Equipment to not expand the description box when adding a new item To think about: Unspent/Total XP positioning For later How to handle and explain the skill boxes under Weapons and Powers (might be just part of the popups I plan to add to some things).
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Alright, I might need to get to this stuff a little bit at a time... GiGs said: #4) there's a settings cog at the top right of the screen, where you select whether rolls are linked to tokens are not. (This is the same behaviour as the old sheet.). When you have that selected, the possibility/up buttons use the last roll automatically, but require you to have a token selected. When you dont have that checked, tokens arent used, but you have to manually enter the last roll. Does that explain? #5) there's no way to display last roll and new roll separately, unfortunately. It's a limitation of the way roll20 macros work. I'll edit the rolltemplate to change the label to Total Roll when there's a Last Roll present. #7) Reversing the order there might be a good idea. I took the original sheet layout there, but it might be worth switching it. As it is though, here is what I am planning for the next version of the sheet: when i do page 2, there'll be a section there where list the stuff that you buy and how much you spend. At that point, the XP you've spent will be calculated automatically.&nbsp; So Total XP is how much players have earned, and Unspent will be calculated automatically, and not editable. So at that point it probably makes sense for Total to be at the top. If I was planning to leave it as manual entry, I would replace the Unspent XP box with a Spent XP box.&nbsp; Thats great feedback by the way. Thanks!&nbsp; I think you should be able to create another character- check your macros section of the sidebar, there should be one there to let you create new sheets. Let me know if its not there. #4) Ooh, I like that!&nbsp; A bit more explanation might be necessary for dolts like me, please? #5) Thank you. #7) Salivating... can't wait to see it! I'll check on the macros and the next character option, but I won't be able to do it, today. GiGs said: In your error message, it says "Melee Weapons". Is there a space there? Or is it MeleeWeapons? No space in-between. GiGs said: Aha, you're right. In the skill list on the sheet it's using MeleeCombat instead of MeleeWeapons. I just fixed that so it should be working now. Rock on! Everything you've done and all you have planned is excellent.&nbsp; I'm happy if I've been of help.&nbsp; I don't know whether or not I'll be able to do anything, today.&nbsp; There's family in-town and we're getting ready to get out for the day.&nbsp; Family can be such a pain in the butt.
I just saw this, and GREAT!&nbsp; The current sheet was good, and the original author was very clear that he had no significant coding background and did a good job.&nbsp; However, it does look like the new version will add some nice functionality. Some Questions. 1. Do you handle the difference between skilled and unskilled?&nbsp; I've never caught the current sheet making an error, but then again, I've never caught it being right.&nbsp; It it is possible to use skills when unskilled (as long as they don't require training and are bold in the skill list in the rule book).&nbsp; However, you only roll again and add on 10 and not on a 10 or a 20.&nbsp; Does your sheet handle the difference by somehow recognizing that there is not a skill add in the skill being rolled? 2. How do you handle disfavored or the loss of the first re-roll?&nbsp; Aysle just recently added the disfavored function in the roll mechanic, and in the past before disfavored came out I'd created some&nbsp; monsters for my homebrew that have a similar ability.&nbsp; When disfavored, the player (or villain as the case may be) looses there first re-roll.&nbsp; So, if they roll a 10, there is no second die, they have 10.&nbsp; They can then choose to spend a possibility and cards to get additional re-rolls if desired.&nbsp; The current sheet does not seem to deal with it at all, or if it does it's all in the background for unskilled and doesn't handle disfavored.&nbsp; I could see the roll mechanic asking the question if the test is disfavored and calling a different roll.&nbsp; So...if skilled would need to use Roll = [[1d20!10!!]], if unskilled would use Roll = [[1d20!=10]], and if disfavored would use Roll = [[1d20]]. 3. Do defenses pull values from the skills section?&nbsp; Are they linked?&nbsp; In some situations the attributes skills are based on change.&nbsp; It doesn't happen very often, but it does happen somewhat regularly in my game.&nbsp; So, if for some reason that makes good story sense I have a player temporally change the attribute their intimidation is based on for a particular situation, will the defenses section autocalculate? 4. I'm interested in what you think is going to go into the Mob's / Threats tab?&nbsp; I've actually created "players" for all my villains on the current character sheet and put copies of all of them in my game titled "Monster Manual", so I can use them again later.&nbsp; My workups for "mobs of mooks" is pretty basic, where named villains usually get the full treatment.&nbsp; But I'm not sure what would be different to need a Mob's / Threats tab.&nbsp; And by putting the front of the threat card as the avatar for the villain and placing the villain in the heroes journal they can see it and pull it up at any time without accessing the character sheet itself.&nbsp; And then I don't have threat cards as handouts wandering around everywhere.&nbsp;&nbsp; 5. I'll take your invitation and both upload some characters for you, as well as go try to make a few. @ Tia Master - Per your earlier from a number of weeks ago I'd be interested in seeing how you do card management if you have some time to invite me to your game and show.&nbsp; Currently I have a number of people local playing on a table using the actual cards, and one friend in another state playing virtually.&nbsp; I have created all the virtual card decks, but the physical cards on the table are currently controlling (because we only have one digital player).&nbsp; I drop copies of the drama card on the table for him to see, and he has his own hand digitally that he keeps track of, with a duplicate on the table managed by one of the local players.&nbsp; The rest of the players are good about suggesting to him cards that are on the table he may want, and they can see his in pool, he can't see theirs.&nbsp; It's clumsy, but it works, and with 5 at the table, it's ok.&nbsp; We're discussing going all digital, even for the local players, but our issue has been how to manage all the cards and players hands -vs- pool online.&nbsp; If I could see what you are doing, that might give my group enough information to go all digital.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Michael D. &nbsp;said: 1. Do you handle the difference between skilled and unskilled?&nbsp; I've never caught the current sheet making an error, but then again, I've never caught it being right.&nbsp; It it is possible to use skills when unskilled (as long as they don't require training and are bold in the skill list in the rule book).&nbsp; However, you only roll again and add on 10 and not on a 10 or a 20.&nbsp; Does your sheet handle the difference by somehow recognizing that there is not a skill add in the skill being rolled? I hadnt considered this. It should be possible to handle this with some tweaking of the roll, and rolltemplate. As with most special cases in roll20 dice rolls, it'll be a bit clunky on the coding side, but should be do-able. At present, it does allow you to roll skills that require training when you are untrained. I added the underlining of the name, so people would have a reminder that they shouldnt do that, but if I'm tweaking for the special rolls required, it'll also be possible to block those rolls. Michael D. &nbsp;said: 2. How do you handle disfavored or the loss of the first re-roll?&nbsp; Aysle just recently added the disfavored function in the roll mechanic, and in the past before disfavored came out I'd created some&nbsp; monsters for my homebrew that have a similar ability.&nbsp; When disfavored, the player (or villain as the case may be) looses there first re-roll.&nbsp; So, if they roll a 10, there is no second die, they have 10.&nbsp; They can then choose to spend a possibility and cards to get additional re-rolls if desired.&nbsp; The current sheet does not seem to deal with it at all, or if it does it's all in the background for unskilled and doesn't handle disfavored.&nbsp; I could see the roll mechanic asking the question if the test is disfavored and calling a different roll.&nbsp; So...if skilled would need to use Roll = [[1d20!10!!]], if unskilled would use Roll = [[1d20!=10]], and if disfavored would use Roll = [[1d20]]. I dont have the Aysle book and hadnt seen this ability. You're right the old sheet doesnt cover that (nor does it cover the untrained bit from q1). This one's a bit trickier. I'll think about how to handle this, if at all (I might leave it for the API script later).&nbsp; Does Disfavoured only affect 10s. Do you still get the reroll one 20s? 3. Do defenses pull values from the skills section?&nbsp; Are they linked?&nbsp; In some situations the attributes skills are based on change.&nbsp; It doesn't happen very often, but it does happen somewhat regularly in my game.&nbsp; So, if for some reason that makes good story sense I have a player temporally change the attribute their intimidation is based on for a particular situation, will the defenses section autocalculate? Defences pull values from the skill section automatically, and they have a mod box next to them so you can modify them independently of the skill its based on. There's no provision for changing the attribute its based on. The onlly way to do that wiould be to add the difference in the mod section. So if you have a DEX of 7 and a Spirit of 9, and for some bizarre reason this Dodge roll was based on Spirit, you'd stick 2 in the Dodge Mod box. Note that defences are never rolled directly, AFAIK, so you can do this kind of thing manually - just talking to each other - without having to adjust the stat. (Active Defence is a special case.) Toughness and Shock are not affected by temporary changes in their governing attributes, btw. 4. I'm interested in what you think is going to go into the Mob's / Threats tab?&nbsp; I've actually created "players" for all my villains on the current character sheet and put copies of all of them in my game titled "Monster Manual", so I can use them again later.&nbsp; My workups for "mobs of mooks" is pretty basic, where named villains usually get the full treatment.&nbsp; But I'm not sure what would be different to need a Mob's / Threats tab.&nbsp; And by putting the front of the threat card as the avatar for the villain and placing the villain in the heroes journal they can see it and pull it up at any time without accessing the character sheet itself.&nbsp; And then I don't have threat cards as handouts wandering around everywhere.&nbsp;&nbsp; It's intended to be a stripped down listing so you can stat up a bunch of enemies quickly without needing a full character sheet. There are threat cards produced by Torg Eternity's publisher that will serve as the model, but that tab isn't designed yet so I'm open to suggestions on what people think should be included. 5. I'll take your invitation and both upload some characters for you, as well as go try to make a few. Thanks, please do :) Bear in mind uploaded characters made on the old sheet wont display properly on the new sheet yet - stats may look wrong, skills may be missing, powers wont show up, etc. The data is there, but my versioning script will be needed to process it so it displays properly. So dont get alarmed if things dont look right!
So, I think I answered my own question to 1. above.&nbsp; I created a villain for the heroes to fight against, and used the maneuver skill unskilled, and got a roll result of 35.&nbsp; The roll text is green, indicating I believe a maximum roll (20) with a total of 35.&nbsp; When I mouse over, I can't see the numbers rolled (35 is possible if I rolled a 10 followed by a 15, it is not possible if I rolled a 20 followed by a 5). A. Can it be made such that if I mouse over a roll (35 in this case) I can see if the roll was a 10 followed by a 15, or a 20 followed by a 5? B.&nbsp; Can you look in the history and figure out if it handled unskilled properly or not?

Edited 1583528900
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
thats due to a limitation of roll20. In roll20 there are two ways you can do exploding dice relevant to torg: /roll 1d20!10 allows a reroll and will show the die that add up. So you could roll 10, then 10, then 15, and it would show all 3 dice. The other reroll method is /roll 1d20!!20 In this case it rolls up and just shows a single die. So if you roll 20 then 15, it will show a single die of 35. The complication is you cant use the same reroll method for two different numbers. So you cant do this /roll 1d20!10!20 No syntax allows you to use that same reroll system for two different numbers. The original designer of the sheet came up with a brilliant workaround, of using both reroll methods on the same roll, one connected to 10 and one connected to 20, so you have&nbsp; /roll 1d20!10!!20 This means it WILL show the consitituent rolls if you roll a 10, but wont if you roll a 20. There's no other way to handle torg rerolls on roll20 (without using the API). So, if you do get a rollup, you can mouse over, and if you rolled a 10, there will be a 10 there. Rerolls from a 20 dont show the constituent rolls, but rerolls from a 10 do.

Edited 1583529784
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Question: on an Unskilled roll, when you use an UP or Possibility, do you get to reroll those on 10s? For that matter, where in the rulebook does it say you dont get to reroll on 10s when unskilled? The FAQ link on the Ulysses site no longer works.
Another test with my friendly giant scorpion villain.&nbsp; The scorpion has a stinger, stinger is poison (it's a man sized giant scorpion....of course it has nasty poison...stay away from it).&nbsp; When I originally created this I created the stinger as a weapon, added the poison as a note, that way the heroes knew when they got stung...hey you are poisoned now.&nbsp; The notes on the new sheet are not displaying properly.&nbsp; Below find screen shots of where I put the note on the new sheet, the new roll without the note displayed, and the old roll with the note displayed.&nbsp; Maybe I did something wrong. BTW.&nbsp; I noticed a bit of arguing previously about displaying the success level -vs- not, and how to account for the variables.&nbsp; I have to say I like the new way better.&nbsp; The player and GM have to discuss all the variables, decide on the modifier (whether or not you apply it to the DN or the roll value, you still have to come up with it...cover,...multi-target ... multi-action ... auto fire ...).&nbsp; The way the sheet is now, the modifier is discussed, entered, a total is generated, and then compared to the target value.&nbsp; As success levels are each 5, they are easy to do in your head.&nbsp; And this more closely matches what happens when dice are rolled.&nbsp; Point is, it will take a bit of getting used to the change, but I like this way.
Ahhh....we're both online at the same time talking over each other.&nbsp; I will try to answer your earlier questions in a bit...have to go get kids from school and run errands.&nbsp; will be back in a bit.

Edited 1583530050
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The rolltemplate doesnt show notes yet, but it will when the sheet is ready to be published. I have to decide how to handle the various power details - which should be included on the output, and where they should be positioned. And thanks, I think this way of handling the roll totals more accurately matches the table experience too, and you can manage modifiers you forget to apply before the roll. In the old system you cant do that very easily.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
GiGs said: Question: on an Unskilled roll, when you use an UP or Possibility, do you get to reroll those on 10s? For that matter, where in the rulebook does it say you dont get to reroll on 10s when unskilled? The FAQ link on the Ulysses site no longer works. Aha, I found it on p77. You dont get to reroll 20s, unless skilled. It doesnt specify for UP/Possibilities, so i guess its the same for them. I have an idea how to handle this, which I'll test on my next edit of the sheet.
When t rying to Import a character I get this: " The GM of this game has not enabled character imports. Check out&nbsp; the wiki &nbsp;for more information."
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There's a setting i had to enable in the settings. I didnt realise I had to enable this, the wiki is as usual not very helpful. It is enabled now, you should be able to import characters now.
GiGs said: Michael D. &nbsp;said: 1. Do you handle the difference between skilled and unskilled?&nbsp; I've never caught the current sheet making an error, but then again, I've never caught it being right.&nbsp; It it is possible to use skills when unskilled (as long as they don't require training and are bold in the skill list in the rule book).&nbsp; However, you only roll again and add on 10 and not on a 10 or a 20.&nbsp; Does your sheet handle the difference by somehow recognizing that there is not a skill add in the skill being rolled? I hadnt considered this. It should be possible to handle this with some tweaking of the roll, and rolltemplate. As with most special cases in roll20 dice rolls, it'll be a bit clunky on the coding side, but should be do-able. At present, it does allow you to roll skills that require training when you are untrained. I added the underlining of the name, so people would have a reminder that they shouldnt do that, but if I'm tweaking for the special rolls required, it'll also be possible to block those rolls So, a couple of comments here.&nbsp; First, at some point in time there has to be trust between the GM and players.&nbsp; Second, I don't know that I'd go all the way to preventing the players from rolling skills that require training unless you really want to put the effort in.&nbsp; I'm not a programmer, but it seems like a lot of work to me.&nbsp; If the skill is bold (just like in the book), they they should know.&nbsp; I'd appreciate it if you did, but not sure it is worth the effort.&nbsp; Aaaaannnnnddddd...while we are talking about the difference between skilled and unskilled...remember...that UP's work the same way.&nbsp; An UP allows a second skill roll, just like the first, rolling again on 10's and 20's (as appropriate, just like the first roll).&nbsp; Unlike a possibility, it does not guarantee a minimum of a 10.&nbsp; So a skilled character with an up making an attack roll, rolls a 7 on the first die, gets a 2nd die for the UP and rolls a 20, they are skilled so they roll and add getting a 5 for a total of 32 (7 + 20 + 5).&nbsp; If that same character were unskilled, the same event would be a roll of 7, followed by a 20, and that's it for 27 (7 + 20).&nbsp; Since the second roll allowed by the UP is a skill roll, and they are unskilled, no roll and add on a 20. I handled this in my game by making an "unskilled" macro that is a token action available to all players.&nbsp; When they want to make an unskilled test (and my mage keeps running around the Living Land making unskilled survival tests), they have to use the macro and do it the hard way. GiGs said: Michael D. &nbsp;said: 2. How do you handle disfavored or the loss of the first re-roll?&nbsp; Aysle just recently added the disfavored function in the roll mechanic, and in the past before disfavored came out I'd created some&nbsp; monsters for my homebrew that have a similar ability.&nbsp; When disfavored, the player (or villain as the case may be) looses there first re-roll.&nbsp; So, if they roll a 10, there is no second die, they have 10.&nbsp; They can then choose to spend a possibility and cards to get additional re-rolls if desired.&nbsp; The current sheet does not seem to deal with it at all, or if it does it's all in the background for unskilled and doesn't handle disfavored.&nbsp; I could see the roll mechanic asking the question if the test is disfavored and calling a different roll.&nbsp; So...if skilled would need to use Roll = [[1d20!10!!]], if unskilled would use Roll = [[1d20!=10]], and if disfavored would use Roll = [[1d20]]. I dont have the Aysle book and hadnt seen this ability. You're right the old sheet doesnt cover that (nor does it cover the untrained bit from q1). This one's a bit trickier. I'll think about how to handle this, if at all (I might leave it for the API script later).&nbsp; Does Disfavoured only affect 10s. Do you still get the reroll one 20s? &nbsp; Disfavored affects the first reroll, period, regardless of source.&nbsp; From the book:&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; "Disfavored is a new game term referenced by multiple Ayslish spells and effects. When a character’s test is Disfavored, the first extra die that would be added to the total is ignored instead. Thus if the character rolled a 10 no extra die would be added, or if the character was Up no second die is rolled and added. Even if the character spends a Possibility, no die would be rolled or added.&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Only the first die is ignored, so if a Disfavored test rolled a 10, and then a Possibility is spent, a new die would be added normally for the possibility. &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Favored cancels out Disfavored completely, and vice-versa." From a character sheet / rolling tests standpoint, the only thing that you would have to worry about is the roll again on 10's (or 20's if the hero is skilled) when the initial test is made.&nbsp; Effectively, if the hero (or villain if you use character sheets for your villains like I do) is making a disfavored test, it is /roll 1d20...that's the call.&nbsp; If the hero has an up...well then they loose that and don't push the button on the screen.&nbsp; If they want to get a roll with a possibility they have to spend a possibility and a hero or drama card just to get one roll...but that's all after the fact and can be handled manually at the table by the players.&nbsp;&nbsp; Again, I'm not a programmer, but I think to account for this you have to insert a question into your call asking if the roll is disfavored, and if it is calling the /roll 1d20?&nbsp; Maybe not....maybe you can add a disfavored button to the character sheet?????? GiGs said: Michael D. &nbsp;said: 3. Do defenses pull values from the skills section?&nbsp; Are they linked?&nbsp; In some situations the attributes skills are based on change.&nbsp; It doesn't happen very often, but it does happen somewhat regularly in my game.&nbsp; So, if for some reason that makes good story sense I have a player temporally change the attribute their intimidation is based on for a particular situation, will the defenses section autocalculate? Defences pull values from the skill section automatically, and they have a mod box next to them so you can modify them independently of the skill its based on. There's no provision for changing the attribute its based on. The onlly way to do that wiould be to add the difference in the mod section. So if you have a DEX of 7 and a Spirit of 9, and for some bizarre reason this Dodge roll was based on Spirit, you'd stick 2 in the Dodge Mod box. Note that defences are never rolled directly, AFAIK, so you can do this kind of thing manually - just talking to each other - without having to adjust the stat. (Active Defence is a special case.) Toughness and Shock are not affected by temporary changes in their governing attributes, btw. Actually, it works the way I expected.&nbsp; Below find a screen shot with intimidate based on Spirit (like normal) and intimidate based on Strength (just for something to change).&nbsp; Both the skill value and defensive value changed.&nbsp; So, the answer to my question is yes, if for some reason as a game master I decide that the hero's in a specific situation need to base a defensive skill on a different attribute temporally, they can change the character sheet and the value updates automatically. GiGs said: Michael D. &nbsp;said: 4. I'm interested in what you think is going to go into the Mob's / Threats tab?&nbsp; I've actually created "players" for all my villains on the current character sheet and put copies of all of them in my game titled "Monster Manual", so I can use them again later.&nbsp; My workups for "mobs of mooks" is pretty basic, where named villains usually get the full treatment.&nbsp; But I'm not sure what would be different to need a Mob's / Threats tab.&nbsp; And by putting the front of the threat card as the avatar for the villain and placing the villain in the heroes journal they can see it and pull it up at any time without accessing the character sheet itself.&nbsp; And then I don't have threat cards as handouts wandering around everywhere.&nbsp;&nbsp; It's intended to be a stripped down listing so you can stat up a bunch of enemies quickly without needing a full character sheet. There are threat cards produced by Torg Eternity's publisher that will serve as the model, but that tab isn't designed yet so I'm open to suggestions on what people think should be included. Ok.&nbsp; Not sure I would use it then, but it could be good.&nbsp; Currently I either import the publishers threat cards, or, make my own (I created a simple word template that lets me do the same thing, then export as image, import into game).&nbsp; As many of my villains have miracles, spells, psi, etc I use the character sheet.&nbsp; While playing I can pull that sheet up as a separate window and make all the appropriate skill tests, attack rolls, etc.&nbsp;&nbsp; GiGs said: Question: on an Unskilled roll, when you use an UP or Possibility, do you get to reroll those on 10s? Absolutely!&nbsp; Basically, heroes and villains always reroll on 10's, whether unskilled or not.&nbsp; If they are skilled, they reroll on 20's.&nbsp; If a possibility is spent, the minimum roll with that possibility is always 10 (it doesn't matter if they are skilled or not).&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks for the explanation again of how Roll20 handles the different roll methods.&nbsp; I kind of remembered it from a year ago when I wrote my unskilled macro set when I was a regular user.&nbsp; That what what I thought I remembered.&nbsp; But it's been so long that I wasn't sure.&nbsp; The refresher was appreciated.
One last comment before I go for the evening.&nbsp; When my window pops up asking for the modifier to input, the number is highlighted, but i have to click in the box to be able to type.&nbsp; It's a small thing, but can that be fixed?&nbsp; Or...perhaps...i'm a bone head (which is entirely possible)

Edited 1583536198
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Michael D. said: GiGs said: Michael D. &nbsp;said: 1. Do you handle the difference between skilled and unskilled?&nbsp; I've never caught the current sheet making an error, but then again, I've never caught it being right.&nbsp; It it is possible to use skills when unskilled (as long as they don't require training and are bold in the skill list in the rule book).&nbsp; However, you only roll again and add on 10 and not on a 10 or a 20.&nbsp; Does your sheet handle the difference by somehow recognizing that there is not a skill add in the skill being rolled? I hadnt considered this. It should be possible to handle this with some tweaking of the roll, and rolltemplate. As with most special cases in roll20 dice rolls, it'll be a bit clunky on the coding side, but should be do-able. At present, it does allow you to roll skills that require training when you are untrained. I added the underlining of the name, so people would have a reminder that they shouldnt do that, but if I'm tweaking for the special rolls required, it'll also be possible to block those rolls So, a couple of comments here.&nbsp; First, at some point in time there has to be trust between the GM and players.&nbsp; Second, I don't know that I'd go all the way to preventing the players from rolling skills that require training unless you really want to put the effort in.&nbsp; I'm not a programmer, but it seems like a lot of work to me.&nbsp; If the skill is bold (just like in the book), they they should know.&nbsp; I'd appreciate it if you did, but not sure it is worth the effort.&nbsp; Regarding blocking rolls, i came to the same conclusion. No need to block such rolls - if they have it on their character sheet, they should be able to roll it. GiGs &nbsp;said: Michael D. &nbsp;said: 2. How do you handle disfavored or the loss of the first re-roll?&nbsp; Aysle just recently added the disfavored function in the roll mechanic, and in the past before disfavored came out I'd created some&nbsp; monsters for my homebrew that have a similar ability.&nbsp; When disfavored, the player (or villain as the case may be) looses there first re-roll.&nbsp; So, if they roll a 10, there is no second die, they have 10.&nbsp; They can then choose to spend a possibility and cards to get additional re-rolls if desired.&nbsp; The current sheet does not seem to deal with it at all, or if it does it's all in the background for unskilled and doesn't handle disfavored.&nbsp; I could see the roll mechanic asking the question if the test is disfavored and calling a different roll.&nbsp; So...if skilled would need to use Roll = [[1d20!10!!]], if unskilled would use Roll = [[1d20!=10]], and if disfavored would use Roll = [[1d20]]. I dont have the Aysle book and hadnt seen this ability. You're right the old sheet doesnt cover that (nor does it cover the untrained bit from q1). This one's a bit trickier. I'll think about how to handle this, if at all (I might leave it for the API script later).&nbsp; Does Disfavoured only affect 10s. Do you still get the reroll one 20s? &nbsp; Disfavored affects the first reroll, period, regardless of source.&nbsp; From the book:&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; "Disfavored is a new game term referenced by multiple Ayslish spells and effects. When a character’s test is Disfavored, the first extra die that would be added to the total is ignored instead. Thus if the character rolled a 10 no extra die would be added, or if the character was Up no second die is rolled and added. Even if the character spends a Possibility, no die would be rolled or added.&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Only the first die is ignored, so if a Disfavored test rolled a 10, and then a Possibility is spent, a new die would be added normally for the possibility. &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Favored cancels out Disfavored completely, and vice-versa." From a character sheet / rolling tests standpoint, the only thing that you would have to worry about is the roll again on 10's (or 20's if the hero is skilled) when the initial test is made.&nbsp; Effectively, if the hero (or villain if you use character sheets for your villains like I do) is making a disfavored test, it is /roll 1d20...that's the call.&nbsp; If the hero has an up...well then they loose that and don't push the button on the screen.&nbsp; If they want to get a roll with a possibility they have to spend a possibility and a hero or drama card just to get one roll...but that's all after the fact and can be handled manually at the table by the players.&nbsp;&nbsp; Again, I'm not a programmer, but I think to account for this you have to insert a question into your call asking if the roll is disfavored, and if it is calling the /roll 1d20?&nbsp; Maybe not....maybe you can add a disfavored button to the character sheet?????? The way to handle it would be to add a setting to mark a skill as Disfavoured. Which then changes the roll. That might not make into the first version of the sheet. In the meantime, its easy enough to make a macro to replicate a roll and just remove the !10!!20 part.&nbsp; A standard roll (if created as an Ability) looks like @{rollbasics} {{torgroll=[[1d20!10!!20cs10cs&gt;20cf1&nbsp;@{rolltracker}]]}}&nbsp;@{rollFireCombat} Just replace the rollFireCombat with the skill or stat name. (If in doubt, drag the button to the macro bar, and you'll get the name being used). Just change that middle bit to {{torgroll=[[1d20cs10cs&gt;20cf1&nbsp;@{rolltracker}]]}}&nbsp; It will still be highlighted if a 10 or 20 is shown, so you'd know it should have got a roll up. This will only work if you create it as an ability. If created as a macro, you'd need to put the character name| or selected| after each @{. GiGs &nbsp;said: &lt;snip about defences&gt; Actually, it works the way I expected.&nbsp; Below find a screen shot with intimidate based on Spirit (like normal) and intimidate based on Strength (just for something to change).&nbsp; Both the skill value and defensive value changed.&nbsp; So, the answer to my question is yes, if for some reason as a game master I decide that the hero's in a specific situation need to base a defensive skill on a different attribute temporally, they can change the character sheet and the value updates automatically. Oh, you mean change the stat linked to the skill ? I thought you were asking for a way to change the stat linked to a defence . There's no way to change that, but yes, if you change the stat linked to its governing skill, it will update the defence.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Michael D. said: One last comment before I go for the evening.&nbsp; When my window pops up asking for the modifier to input, the number is highlighted, but i have to click in the box to be able to type.&nbsp; It's a small thing, but can that be fixed?&nbsp; Or...perhaps...i'm a bone head (which is entirely possible) Sheet designers have no way to influence the behaviour of roll20's popups. Whatever is happening there is out of my control. Maybe you can tab into it?

Edited 1583542819
I made a Weapon and Noted it as Favored, but the Note did not print out on output. I don't see a way to roll an Active Defense. Can we have more room for Perk name? I don't believe the Modifier to the right of Weapon Name is being figured.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Errors after importing are likely because there is no version script yet. What errors are you seeing? The Note isnt enabled yet. I am still thinking about which elements of the Attacks/Powers need to be printed out and how, and what choice to give users. There's no Active Defence button on the sheet yet. Perk names - quite likely. What perk names have you tried that don't fit? I'll check that Modifier. It should be working.