Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Torg Eternity] Sheet redesign thread

So I haven't really been looking at this for a while, but since I have an excess of free time now is there anything else you needed in the way of sample characters or anything? I did note the wiki says "Home Cosm" in the description section while on the actual sheet itself it just says "Cosm"
This is 100% the case, it was one of the last things I had to verify during a session on the FAQ before it went down. Pauly da Leg-breaka said: If a skill is Favored but is being used within a Multi-Action where other skills/abilities/powers were NOT Favored, is the Multi-Action, like the Unskilled, also considered to be NOT Favored?
Excuse the simple question late.  Have been at a lab for work after being sick last weekend and haven't had a chance to support this effort.  However, playing around with the new sheet.  Where do we have the option to add BD due to a Coup de Gras card?  They can be used to add BD after damage is determined but before it is final.  I don't see a BD button in the damage card like we have for possibilities and up's when rolling the attack.  I also don't see it on the sheet, but maybe I didn't find it with all the other changes?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Zoula said: So I haven't really been looking at this for a while, but since I have an excess of free time now is there anything else you needed in the way of sample characters or anything? I did note the wiki says "Home Cosm" in the description section while on the actual sheet itself it just says "Cosm" Well spotted. I'll change the wiki reference to Cosm. Michael D. said: Excuse the simple question late.  Have been at a lab for work after being sick last weekend and haven't had a chance to support this effort.  However, playing around with the new sheet.  Where do we have the option to add BD due to a Coup de Gras card?  They can be used to add BD after damage is determined but before it is final.  I don't see a BD button in the damage card like we have for possibilities and up's when rolling the attack.  I also don't see it on the sheet, but maybe I didn't find it with all the other changes? I havent updated the damage macro yet. i intend to have a BD button on the output, in the same way we have Possibilities and UPs on action rolls. Having it on the damage roll output makes more sense - it can be linked to that roll when using the Tokens option, so you dont need to prompt for the last roll. If it's on the character sheet, you can't do that.
Imported an ankylosaurus, but don't have the ability to edit token?  More specifically, can't use balloons and they are not linked to stats.  They were linked before the import.  I assume we will have to relink all tokens upon import?
Oh...and figured out the issue you guys were talking about above about importing characters and having access to sheets, etc.  I imported a few.  It seems that the permissions that were set when the character was imported to the vault have persistence. 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
is this a character imported to the community campaign? The vault seems a bit flaky. I've never used it before, but maybe you lose links to tokens. Each token has a unique ID, and its likely the token got a new id when vaaulted in to the campaign, breaking the link with the character sheet. That wont happen if you just use this sheet in an already existing campaign (either as a custom sheet or waiting till its submitted to the repository). Your existing tokens will still work fine.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Michael D. said: Oh...and figured out the issue you guys were talking about above about importing characters and having access to sheets, etc.  I imported a few.  It seems that the permissions that were set when the character was imported to the vault have persistence.  What do you mean by this? When you use the vault, do you have the opportunity to set permissions?
I have FINALLY been able to get into the new sheet and build the character; I've not had time, before.  I love how everything's come out, thus far, though I do have a couple of things to ask about... 1) This one is trivial: is it possible to display 0 Possibilities when a 0 is displayed in the Reality skill?  I ask because there will be folks running Day One adventures and all of the NPCs start as Ords in all of those adventures.  Once Reality is taken to at least +1 Add, then Possibilities can be filled with 3.  Alternately, could you leave the Possibilities at 0 as a default and let the GM and Players worry about filling that space? 2) This one's important to me, and I think a bunch of folks might also see it as important: When I click on a weapon/power line to fire it, I still see the Input Value box and Modifier line pop up.  I don't know whether or not you've had an opportunity, or you decided to do nothing with it, but that box title and the modifier absolutely NEEDS to have clearer definition.  The existing Character sheet does that and, now that I see how the new sheet is working, I'm seeing the extraordinary value in having those defined well. I'm about to go play a bit more with my character, but I just thought of one more question... may I export the Character I just built to the Vault and be assured it will continue to work in the new sheet?  Or, is there enough left to do that it would be advisable to wait?
GiGs said: Michael D. said: Oh...and figured out the issue you guys were talking about above about importing characters and having access to sheets, etc.  I imported a few.  It seems that the permissions that were set when the character was imported to the vault have persistence.  What do you mean by this? When you use the vault, do you have the opportunity to set permissions? No.  What I mean is that some people were struggling with characters showing up when they imported them into the open campaign.  I played with setting permissions in the anky above.  For each attempt I set permissions on the anky BEFORE i imported it into my character vault.  It seems that the behavior of permissions when the character gets into the open campaign depends upon the permissions that were set when the anky was imported to my vault.  When I set it to GM only for edit and control, i couldn't see it in your game at all (apparently because I'm not a GM in the open campaign).  When I set the permissions to all payers, it showed up.  So it seems that the permission have some amount of permanence when importing and exporting characters through the character vault.  
Pauly da Leg-breaka said: 2) This one's important to me, and I think a bunch of folks might also see it as important: When I click on a weapon/power line to fire it, I still see the Input Value box and Modifier line pop up.  I don't know whether or not you've had an opportunity, or you decided to do nothing with it, but that box title and the modifier absolutely NEEDS to have clearer definition.  The existing Character sheet does that and, now that I see how the new sheet is working, I'm seeing the extraordinary value in having those defined well. Humbly disagree.  Input Value clearly means to me the system is asking for me to enter a value.  And the value is clearly labeled modifier, so it is clearly looking for the modifiers to the skill.  It is different than the old system, because it is not looking for the final difficulty.  The new system gives you the total, and you have to determine level of success manually.  And I like it.  Don't know how many times we've gotten to the end and had to re-figure success because we forgot a modifier.  This way, if we forget one, it's easy add subtract.  Not add or subtract and figure out if we passed a threshold.  
I understand what you're saying, Michael, but at least could we add some explanation to that box?  I'm not trying to get a final total, or whatever it is you were saying, I'm trying to get some more clarity than just the word Modifier?  Even switching it to Modifier(s)? would do, but there likely should be some explanation, there, for those of us who are not only used to the old way of doing things, but also because a single word is not a description, explanation, or instruction. I played around with Vulnerable and Stymied on that Status menu and what you've been able to do with Vulnerable is amazing.  Vulnerable is supposed to be about bonus(es) for their Character interacting with your Character, and Stymied is supposed to be about your Character being dazed, confused, and having a penalty for that.  For uses on Roll 20, you've taken the brilliant step of putting a penalty to the various important defenses a Player may have against their Character.  Stymied applies to everything else; so, are you intending to perform the same treatment for Stymied and, perhaps, Wounds, as you have for Vulnerable?  That would be two less numbers a Player and/or their GM has to fiddle with during the game.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Michael D. said: GiGs said: Michael D. said: Oh...and figured out the issue you guys were talking about above about importing characters and having access to sheets, etc.  I imported a few.  It seems that the permissions that were set when the character was imported to the vault have persistence.  What do you mean by this? When you use the vault, do you have the opportunity to set permissions? No.  What I mean is that some people were struggling with characters showing up when they imported them into the open campaign.  I played with setting permissions in the anky above.  For each attempt I set permissions on the anky BEFORE i imported it into my character vault.  It seems that the behavior of permissions when the character gets into the open campaign depends upon the permissions that were set when the anky was imported to my vault.  When I set it to GM only for edit and control, i couldn't see it in your game at all (apparently because I'm not a GM in the open campaign).  When I set the permissions to all payers, it showed up.  So it seems that the permission have some amount of permanence when importing and exporting characters through the character vault.   Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for figuring it out.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pauly da Leg-breaka said: I played around with Vulnerable and Stymied on that Status menu and what you've been able to do with Vulnerable is amazing.  Vulnerable is supposed to be about bonus(es) for their Character interacting with your Character, and Stymied is supposed to be about your Character being dazed, confused, and having a penalty for that.  For uses on Roll 20, you've taken the brilliant step of putting a penalty to the various important defenses a Player may have against their Character.  Stymied applies to everything else; so, are you intending to perform the same treatment for Stymied and, perhaps, Wounds, as you have for Vulnerable?  That would be two less numbers a Player and/or their GM has to fiddle with during the game. I cant take the credit for the defences change. TiaMaster showed me a custom sheet that had that implemented, and i just copied it. I'm not planning to do the same with stymied and wounds, because they get taken into account when rolling, and the roll reports the modifiers. So players will know about them as they look at the roll and decide whether to spend possibilities, destiny cards and so on. 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Michael D. said: Pauly da Leg-breaka said: 2) This one's important to me, and I think a bunch of folks might also see it as important: When I click on a weapon/power line to fire it, I still see the Input Value box and Modifier line pop up.  I don't know whether or not you've had an opportunity, or you decided to do nothing with it, but that box title and the modifier absolutely NEEDS to have clearer definition.  The existing Character sheet does that and, now that I see how the new sheet is working, I'm seeing the extraordinary value in having those defined well. Humbly disagree.  Input Value clearly means to me the system is asking for me to enter a value.  And the value is clearly labeled modifier, so it is clearly looking for the modifiers to the skill.  It is different than the old system, because it is not looking for the final difficulty.  The new system gives you the total, and you have to determine level of success manually.  And I like it.  Don't know how many times we've gotten to the end and had to re-figure success because we forgot a modifier.  This way, if we forget one, it's easy add subtract.  Not add or subtract and figure out if we passed a threshold.   First thing, the "Input Value" part of the form that appears cannot be changed. It's part of the roll20 interface that we sheet developers have no access to. I had gotten so used to it, and had stopped even seeing it, that this question caused me some confusion and I had to go back and make a roll to understand what Pauly was referring to. That Input Value will appear on every form, for any purpose, and is something we just have to live with. If you use it often enough, like me, you'll stop noticing it. I agree with Micheal here, regarding Modifier. It describes what the box is asking for accurately. Pauly, your perception might be being influenced by your experience with the old sheet, and having to do things differently. But if you come to the sheet as a new user, that label makes perfect sense. And over time, the sheet is likely to be used by more new people than those familiar with the old sheet. 
GiGs said: I cant take the credit for the defences change. TiaMaster showed me a custom sheet that had that implemented, and i just copied it. I'm not planning to do the same with stymied and wounds, because they get taken into account when rolling, and the roll reports the modifiers. So players will know about them as they look at the roll and decide whether to spend possibilities, destiny cards and so on. TiaMaster, thank you for showing GiGs that custom sheet and its code; much obliged. Yeah, with Stymied and Wounds, I see that, now.  Absolutely ingenious, thank you. Dude, honestly, I think I'm ready to go with this.  That's a hell of a lot of work you've put in, there, GiGs, and I appreciate you and all those who have helped you with it.  Lovely.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks, I'm quite proud of it too.
GiGs said: Thanks, I'm quite proud of it too. Deservedly so. This is an impressive achievement and an milestone-type contribution to the TE community.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Zoula said: So I haven't really been looking at this for a while, but since I have an excess of free time now is there anything else you needed in the way of sample characters or anything? Forgot to answer this. The more characters that can be vaulted in (or since I posted a gist containing the files, the more people try out with older characters in their own games), the better. Just to try it out and report that characters are upgraded properly.  Specific things to test: characters with weapons based on melee skill, or characters who have upgraded shock, toughness, or wounds.  I'm pretty confident the sheet is ready for release now, but more testing doesnt hurt.

Edited 1584499026
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pauly da Leg-breaka said: 1) This one is trivial: is it possible to display 0 Possibilities when a 0 is displayed in the Reality skill?  I ask because there will be folks running Day One adventures and all of the NPCs start as Ords in all of those adventures.  Once Reality is taken to at least +1 Add, then Possibilities can be filled with 3.  Alternately, could you leave the Possibilities at 0 as a default and let the GM and Players worry about filling that space? I dont think I responded to this earlier. This is a good idea. I'm actually running the day One adventures right now and a character has no possibilities, so I should have thought of this myself!
Looks like the sheet is reporting Beta clearance starting at 25 and Gamma clearance starting at 50. Unless there has been an errata that I don't know about, I believe it should be Beta starting at 50 and Gamma at 200 .
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks, Matt. Thats fixed. I've added the following behaviour for reality skill: If you change the reality skill adds from 0, to 1 or higher, your possibilities change to 3. If you change from reality skill adds 1 or higher to 0, your possibilities change to 0. If you have any perks that boost possibilities, then you'll assign them manually, but this covers the situations that will commonly occur: You create a new character, it starts with 0 possibilities You add the reality skill, possibilities get set to 3. You lose your reality skill, possibilities drop to 0.
GM Matt said: GiGs said: Thanks, I'm quite proud of it too. Deservedly so. This is an impressive achievement and an milestone-type contribution to the TE community. Absolutely agreed. GM Matt said: Looks like the sheet is reporting Beta clearance starting at 25 and Gamma clearance starting at 50. Unless there has been an errata that I don't know about, I believe it should be Beta starting at 50 and Gamma at 200 . GM Matt linked the whole Beta Primer from the official web site, so you can get all of the levels.  Out of curiosity, isn't Delta supposed to go before Gamma?  It's not a big deal, now, but be ready for a correction some time down the road, hehe. GiGs, good deal about the Reality skill and Possibilities.  You are a miracle worker.  I'm done for tonight, I think.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pauly da Leg-breaka said: GM Matt linked the whole Beta Primer from the official web site, so you can get all of the levels.  Out of curiosity, isn't Delta supposed to go before Gamma?  It's not a big deal, now, but be ready for a correction some time down the road, hehe. In the greek alphabet, the order is alpha, beta, gamma, delta, so the order looks right to me.
I guess my military background doesn't work, here, LOL.  I thought they would have matched, but not having been to University, I guess they don't match, after all.
Oh thank God. As a GM 90% of the characters I add are monsters with no possibilities and even though I know  they don't have reality  seeing the add and 3 possibilities listed each time was so annoying, and just one more thing to have to remember to change each time. GiGs said: Thanks, Matt. Thats fixed. I've added the following behaviour for reality skill: If you change the reality skill adds from 0, to 1 or higher, your possibilities change to 3. If you change from reality skill adds 1 or higher to 0, your possibilities change to 0. If you have any perks that boost possibilities, then you'll assign them manually, but this covers the situations that will commonly occur: You create a new character, it starts with 0 possibilities You add the reality skill, possibilities get set to 3. You lose your reality skill, possibilities drop to 0.

Edited 1584521254
GiGs said: So its likely an extension or something is fiddling with spacing. But Marcus, you're the second person to have reported an issue like that, there'll probably be others/. In the community game, I've changed the heading from Clearance Level to Clearance, see if that makes a difference? If it doesnt fully do the job, it gives me a bit more room to expand the left side (where it says axioms: magic) So, I disabled all my extensions. That's not it. It may be my version of Firefox (German 74.0, 64-Bit) Canging the text to "Clearance" did work, but it's still cramped after "Axiom:" There seems to be a problem with the width of some things; This would maybe also explain the original problem with "Clearance Level", as the left side of that text was aligned with the right side of the cosm dropdown.
A suggestion: could you add Minimum Strength for Armor? A character suffers a -1 penalty to Dexterity and related skills for every point he has under Minimum Strength (which is applied after Max Dex)
Imported Jamie Thacker can you change her permissions?  From now on I will make sure they are All Players.
Markus said: Canging the text to "Clearance" did work, but it's still cramped after "Axiom:" Now that I've gone back and looked, I have this problem, as well.  I also use Firefox.  This is a "table layout" or some other issue that's squeezing it together, like that, or there would be other locations on the sheet that are similarly laid out.  The sheet has a particular layout to it.  If it would be possible to add 100 to 200 pix to the width, to better fit most resolutions, it would likely straighten out that problem, though it could also cause some other problems.  So, we may just have to suck it up and drive on. Another idea might be in adjusting font sizes all the way around.  The way they are, now, is beautiful... large and easily readable, but I think they could likely be shrunk a little bit all the way around the sheet -which I know is a pain in the butt to accomplish- and that would help manage the table border issues. Formatting... you have to love it, right?
Hey! First of all, thanks for the job! Can't wait.  Since the lockdown, my team's been playing on roll 20. I had to explain to them how the sheets work. Since there will be an update soon, i feel i'm gonna have to explain everything again. Do you have more info on when you will release it?
Your Player's sheets should have notes at the top of them, unless they've closed them, already, which includes a great deal of information about how the updated sheets will work.  As for the release, IIRC, should be either this week or next.
On the one hand, this redesign looks amazing. On the other hand, the banner at the top of the old sheet is kind of broken - the "close this frame" button doesn't work, and the links to the wiki/test campaign/this thread don't display enough for them to be copied (selecting the box, ctrl a + ctrl c works, but it's not the first thing you think of!). I don't have the knowhow to fix this myself, but would greatly appreciate if someone else could! 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mike C. said: On the one hand, this redesign looks amazing. On the other hand, the banner at the top of the old sheet is kind of broken - the "close this frame" button doesn't work, and the links to the wiki/test campaign/this thread don't display enough for them to be copied (selecting the box, ctrl a + ctrl c works, but it's not the first thing you think of!). I don't have the knowhow to fix this myself, but would greatly appreciate if someone else could!  Hey, I'm working on this sheet right now, so it's kind of rude to ask someone else to fix it, lol. The links unfortunately cant be fixed. I had to put them that way because it's a limit of roll20 - it doesnt allow putting links in a character sheet. I'm surprised to hear the close this frame button doesnt work. That's pretty serious, and understandably frustrating. Can you share a link to your campaign so i can have a look at it? (Might want o send it in PM, so not just anyone can join.)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Markus said: GiGs said: So its likely an extension or something is fiddling with spacing. But Marcus, you're the second person to have reported an issue like that, there'll probably be others/. In the community game, I've changed the heading from Clearance Level to Clearance, see if that makes a difference? If it doesnt fully do the job, it gives me a bit more room to expand the left side (where it says axioms: magic) So, I disabled all my extensions. That's not it. It may be my version of Firefox (German 74.0, 64-Bit) Canging the text to "Clearance" did work, but it's still cramped after "Axiom:" There seems to be a problem with the width of some things; This would maybe also explain the original problem with "Clearance Level", as the left side of that text was aligned with the right side of the cosm dropdown. Can you say which of the boxes there have a problem? Just so we are on the same page.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mike C. said: On the other hand, the banner at the top of the old sheet is kind of broken - the "close this frame" button doesn't work, and the links to the wiki/test campaign/this thread don't display enough for them to be copied (selecting the box, ctrl a + ctrl c works, but it's not the first thing you think of!). I don't have the knowhow to fix this myself, but would greatly appreciate if someone else could!  You're right i messed up (a silly typo that slipped through somehow - i had fixed it and tested it but must have uploaded the previous version). There are two ways to fix it: use the settings cog (floating to the right of the tab bar, on firefox it looks like a floating checkbox). There are two entries; the second is Toggle Announcements. Click that twice, first to check it, then to uncheck it again, and the announcement pane will vanish. In Attributes and Abilities, create a new attribute: announcement, and set its value to 0. Sorry for the inconvenience.
GiGs said: Can you say which of the boxes there have a problem? Just so we are on the same page. "Success - Outstanding" and "Damage Note" are both 2 lines. All black  "Success" - Boxes seem to use the width of "Success - Standard" and both "Attack Note" and "Damage Note" use the width of "Attack Note"
I appear to have some interesting graphical hiccups as well, this is running Chrome with an extensions disabled: You can see the Gamma (?) clearance cut off on the edge as well as Possibilities sticking out of its frame.

Edited 1584561505
And that damned "Axioms:Magic" line that GIGs doesnt see on his end is there on his screen too! Wow we're nitpicky, lol.

Edited 1584563018
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Markus said: GiGs said: Can you say which of the boxes there have a problem? Just so we are on the same page. "Success - Outstanding" and "Damage Note" are both 2 lines. All black  "Success" - Boxes seem to use the width of "Success - Standard" and both "Attack Note" and "Damage Note" use the width of "Attack Note" I honestly didnt notice that! I was looking at how the end of social axiom was getting cut off. TiaMaster  said: And that damned "Axioms:Magic" line that GIGs doesnt see on his end is there on his screen too! Wow we're nitpicky, lol. Yes you are :) I noticed that earlier, and after changing the Clearance Level planned to widen that a bit. I mean, it's a good thing we're at the stage of nitpicking visual elements. We're nearly finished. Zoula said: I appear to have some interesting graphical hiccups as well, this is running Chrome with an extensions disabled: You can see the Gamma (?) clearance cut off on the edge as well as Possibilities sticking out of its frame. Yeah, Both Possibilities and Vulnerable are a bit cramped there. I'm on chrome usually too, and they fit comfortably at my end. There's a little wiggle room for expanding them - I dont want to make the sheet as a whole wider, but there is some space at the right there to expand into. I wonder though, do you have DPI settings increased to 125% or something? Just wondering why the text is bigger for you.
Zoula said: Oh thank God. As a GM 90% of the characters I add are monsters with no possibilities and even though I know  they don't have reality  seeing the add and 3 possibilities listed each time was so annoying, and just one more thing to have to remember to change each time. GiGs said: Thanks, Matt. Thats fixed. I've added the following behaviour for reality skill: If you change the reality skill adds from 0, to 1 or higher, your possibilities change to 3. If you change from reality skill adds 1 or higher to 0, your possibilities change to 0. If you have any perks that boost possibilities, then you'll assign them manually, but this covers the situations that will commonly occur: You create a new character, it starts with 0 possibilities You add the reality skill, possibilities get set to 3. You lose your reality skill, possibilities drop to 0. Concur and agree!  I have so many monsters generated, and having to take reality skill and possibilities away was such a pain.  And...now...when the heroes play infinite diversity, or other cosm cards that increase the power of the villains, one easy option is make one P-rated, add 1 add reality, and the sheet gives 3 possibilities. The only complaint I have with the possibilities is how you are handling cosm specific possibilities.  I'd prefer for the total displayed without opening the drop down to be the total for all cosm's, and then pop out for dealing with the specifics.  But I understand why you have it the way you do, it is much easier to code.  We use A LOT of cosm specific possibilities ... so this is a little clunky...but it works.  
I have not even attempted to use the Cosm-specific Possibilities; just another unnecessary and optional rule for me.  I think it's probably that way for most groups.  Hmmm, I might begin a topic to see how many folks actually use the Cosm-specific Possibilities.
@ GMMatt and Gigs.  Gentlemen (I assume gentlemen...maybe I shouldn't).  I am going to digress off the topic of the new sheet for a bit.  It appears a few pages back you were discussing how to get the coding correct for a macro to call a character sheet "ability roll", specifically attack and damage.   I have been trying to figure out how to do that for a little bit, and having no success.  While I am an engineer, I am only a mechanical engineer and the last time I did any coding was back in the 80's...in college...in Fortran 4.  And the help I've found on the Roll20 site for somebody like be has been ... well ... next to useless.  I think it's because the help I'm finding seems to assume a certain level of understanding by the reader of the code and syntax that I just don't have. Would it be possible for one of you to post some help on how to do this?  All I want to do is to be able to set token macro's for my villains that allow them to call attack rolls, damage rolls, etc. for their weapons and powers.  It seems to me like that should be easy.  Of course, it obviously isn't that easy, because if it was I would have figured it out by now.  perhaps a PM message or if somebody could start a different thread on the topic that would be great.  I'm thinking it's a copy / paste of a basic format where the text in a few locations needs to be changed.  But as I'm not a coder, I'm guessing I need a little more detailed instruction than the average joe. Thanks for the help and all the work you guys have done so far.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Since its a question for this specific sheet, it makes sense to answer it here. It also helps me to figure out what i need to put in the wiki page's instructions. I'll start with preliminaries which you probably already know, and then be specific about the sheet. If you want to add a token action, you have two options, each requiring very slightly different code: Make a Universal Macro, that will then show up for every token you select and control. Add as an Ability on each character and will show up only for that character. If you're the GM, its generally better to do it as a universal macro. It has the downside that the token actions you create will appear on every token - even those which dont represent characters. But you can create one macro for all characters at once, which is worth it. For universal macros, they'll be in the form %{selected|ROLLNAME} for individual macros on characters, they;ll be in one of two forms: %{CHARACTER_NAME|ROLLNAME} @{rollROLLNAME} Anything in all caps has to be replaced. The rollnames for the core stats are the first three letters of the name, in all caps (CHA, DEX, SPI, etc. The roll names for skills are the actual skill names, with any spaces removed: Energy Weapons is EnergyWeapons. So, for a universal macro you can use %{selected|CHA} %{selected|EnergyWeapons} For individual macros, added to the Ability tab of a character called Frodo, you could use %{Frodo|CHA} %{Frodo|EnergyWeapons} @{rollCHA} @{rollEnergyWeapons} The % form is safer to use, generally. The second form only works on my sheet because of the way I built the rolls.  Whichever form you use, check the Token Action box. For Attacks (and Languages and Custom Skills) it gets a bit more complicated, since they are in repeating sections. for those you have to supply the repeating section name, a row id, and the attribute name, In attacks, the section name is repeating_attacks. The attribute name is Attack, for attacks, and Damage for damage rolls.  The row id is best avoided, lol, but you can use a shorthand: $0 for the first item, $1 for the second, and so on. Putting it together: let's say Frodo has Unarmed as his first attack, and a power called Vanish as his second. To make an Unarmed attack, as a Universal macro, you would put: %{selected|repeating_attacks_$0_Attack} If as an Ability on the sheet, one of these: %{Frodo|repeating_attacks_$0_Attack} @{repeating_attacks_$0_rollAttack} This has an advantage - you can use it for any character without needing to know what the attacks or called - and a disadvantage: you cant tell what the ability is called by looking at it.

Edited 1584569316
GM Matt
Sheet Author
Michael- My game has macros that do exactly what you are describing. I will put together a post on it - but probably will be in a different forum. Then, I'll link it back here. Hopefully, that will be helpful to you. - Matt Never mind. Gigs was faster than me. :)

Edited 1584572139
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Since you're a Pro user, there's an easy way to get an automatic attack listing for each character. Install the Universal Chat Menu script and put this macro in your universal macro list and set as a token action: !chatmenu @{selected|character_id} @{selected|character_name} --title:Attacks --repeating_attacks|Attack_Name_Full|Attack --title:Damage --repeating_attacks|Attack_Name_Full|damage Then you'll be able to select any character on the map, click the macro, and you'll get a chat menu whispered to you (so it doesnt clutter up chat for others), with a button for every attack and damage, properly named. Here's two characters I tried it with: (This is using the default roll template. I should add a rolltemplate for it, to make the buttons more fitting.) You can also use this script to get a list of buttons for all skills and stats, too, laid out however you like.
Hot #*^%#(.  THANKS!!!! Ask and ye shall receive.  OK, lots of goodness here.  I will have to play with this for a while to figure out which I want to use, but I'm kind of liking your last example after I figure out how to install and use different roll templates (which I had to be a PRO user to do, which is why I became a pro user in the first place).   This will be so sweet.  I'll be able to have the villains attack or use powers without having to open the character sheet.  That will keep my screen so much less cluttered.  Since I'm playing a mixed group (4 at the table, 2 online) I only have a laptop rather than my multi-monitor setup (can't move the office to the game room).  And having to have the character sheets open for the villains is a bit of a pain in the butt on the laptop.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you like that, here's a UCM macro that gives a few more details !chatmenu @{selected|character_id} @{selected|character_name}'s Chat Menu --title:Attributes --CHA|DEX|MIN|SPI|STR --title:Interaction --Intimidate|Maneuver|Taunt|Trick --title:Attacks --repeating_attacks|Attack_Name_Full|Attack --title:Damage --repeating_attacks|Attack_Name_Full|damage
Does this work with the current character sheet?  Can I install this now and it will work when the new sheet hits the table?  Or do I have to wait (in which case I just became even more impatient than I already am)?