Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Torg Eternity] Sheet redesign thread

Edited 1597455964
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pauly da Leg-breaka said: Why do we need a margin of success -a number-, anyway?  The standard, good, and outstanding are enough, as that's what the game runs on, anyway. You cannot calculate S, G and O without knowing the margin of success, because that's how you figure them out. You did tell us all why, in the past, but now the system on your current sheet is more of a pain in the ass than it is helpful.  You also told us if it turned out to be that way, you would change it. Anyone else agree with me and just not normally willing to voice an opinion? I'll be blunt here: You can voice your opinion all you like, but please do it somewhere other than this thread. It's not going to change anything here. I'm not sure I would ever say that, because it is simply not possible* to do it without losing key features of the sheet.  What I said was, I'll be making an API script for Pro users which will be able to do it (you can do this kind of thing much easier with the API), but it was a low priority since it's a Pro subscriber feature only, and then my life got very complicated and i havent had time for that. *Note: it wasnt possible back then, because the current rolltemplate takes around 2,000 lines of code to give the roll results it gives. To generate the different levels of success, and keep the sheet's features it currently has, someone would need to write at least 3-4x that amount, possibly much more.  Take a moment to think about how much work that entails, and remember its not just writing the words and letters - its constructing the logic and mathemetics that make it work, involving a lot of nested structures.  But I've since learned about html templating engines which would massively reduce the work involved - but dont misread that: massively reducing a gargantuan task does not make it a small task. It's still a massive job. So, while I have thought about it, it's a low priority, along with a bunch of things to do after the rest of the sheet and my other growing piles of projects are done. So, to be clear, there are no plans in the near future to attempt this.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I want to add - if there was an easy way to add success levels, without losing the ability to display the roll total, I would do it. I agree it would be handy to have that as an option.  This is not me simply being arbitrary. 
Hey, thanks for all the hard work on this. It is the reason I am on Roll20 and do not know what I would do without it.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's great to hear! I am settled in the new place (mostly) and will be ready to get back to work on the sheet soon. I have a paying commission right now and I have to deal with that first, but it wont take up all my free time.
GiGs, you've done a hell of a lot of work on this sheet, and I'm truly grateful to have it; I am.  If you can figure out a way to make this happen, however, and you've had things you were certain couldn't be done before, and you've figured them out, I would be even more grateful for this change.  I'm not being lazy when I'm trying to convert these numbers, it is just, for whatever reason, more difficult to do BD conversions from this sheet; it is a complete shift in thinking from other types of math from the game, for me, and I'm certain it's the same for others, as well.  I can't explain why it's more difficult, it just is.  And it's frustrating.
For me personally it's not so much the having it figure automatically what margin of success things are that's the issue, I would just like the Powers to list the DN, and what the Standard, Good, and Outstanding fields say when the roll is made. It just saves a lot of looking things up in my experience.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Zoula said: For me personally it's not so much the having it figure automatically what margin of success things are that's the issue, I would just like the Powers to list the DN, and what the Standard, Good, and Outstanding fields say when the roll is made. It just saves a lot of looking things up in my experience. It is possible to manually add the information to the output - its not obvious how though. I'll try to add it to the wiki page. I could have those details automatically added to the output, as a config option. I didnt do it initially because I didn't want to take up more chat log space for people who wanted to keep their chat log relatively lean.
GiGs said: It is possible to manually add the information to the output - its not obvious how though. I'll try to add it to the wiki page. I could have those details automatically added to the output, as a config option. I didnt do it initially because I didn't want to take up more chat log space for people who wanted to keep their chat log relatively lean. I would appreciate the information for what the DN is added to the output as a config option.  Could this be something where it was a select button similar to use tokens for roll tracking so those that don't want it can keep their chat log clean?  Or is it an all or nothing thing?  
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The way to add extra fields on printout is described in a not-very-obvious way in the wiki:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Torg_Eternity_Community_Sheet#Hacking_the_Attack_Template" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Torg_Eternity_Community_Sheet#Hacking_the_Attack_Template</a> In the attacks repeating section, there is a section Attack Note, where you can enter any text you want. By being devious, you can also enter extra rolltemplate fields in there. To use it you need to know the attribute name of the section you want to include in printout. So if you want to show the DN of an attack, you need to get its attribute name, and I'm realising some of the attribute names I chose are a bit clunky. This one is @{Attack_TargetName} So, lets say you have a simple Attack Note &nbsp;that says something like, This is an Attack. You want to show the attack DN. So you amend that attack note as follows: This is an Attack. }} {{DN= @{Attack_TargetName} You put the }} for the end of one rolltemplate section, and a {{ for the start of another. You do not &nbsp;put a final }}. If you dont have anything in the attack note section, just do it like this: }} {{DN= @{Attack_TargetName} This is because this section in the code looks something like this: {{attacknote=@{Attack_Note} }} By the process above, you are inserting something into the attack_note, and that first }} closes the attack note, and the {{ starts a new section. But you already have an }} there at the end, so you must leave off the last }} in your additions. This is a bit of a hack to get extra fields added to your template. You can add any number of fields by this trick.&nbsp; So if you wanted to include the DN, and the success levels, it would get increasingly clunky, but that would look like this: This is an Attack. }} {{DN= @{Attack_TargetName} }} {{Standard Success=@{Attack_Success_Standard}&nbsp; }} {{Good Success=@{Attack_Success_Good}&nbsp; }} {{Outstanding Success=@{Attack_Success_Outstanding} This will add any added sections to the bottom of the output like this: The drawback is you have to manually add these for each attack. Michael D. said: I would appreciate the information for what the DN is added to the output as a config option.&nbsp; Could this be something where it was a select button similar to use tokens for roll tracking so those that don't want it can keep their chat log clean?&nbsp; Or is it an all or nothing thing?&nbsp;&nbsp; I am thinking of a config option, so that you can check to show which fields are shown on attack outputs. But the tricky part is it needs to be a separate setting for each attack. Because players will have normal melee and ranged attacks, that they want just the basic fields to show for, and then magic or psychic attacks, where they want extra detail shown. And not every player will want the same details shown. So it can be set up as a config option, but I'll have to think about exactly how to do it.
Isn't there already a checkbox for "Power" that includes all those extra fields where standard attacks do not?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The checkbox just allows you to create and edit them, it doesnt include them on the roll printout.

Edited 1604132394
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Because I'm working on a commission, I wont have much time to work on this sheet for the next week or two at least. But I may as well get a proper list of things people have asked for that I've said are feasible to do, since the thread is sprawling. Here's what I remember: Adding a button for the bonus, instead of prompting you on every roll Expanding the options for what is included on a roll template (config options for things like success level and DN) Adding run modifiers Ability to mark a skill as Disfavoured, so it doesnt count as Trained when you roll it. Change the capitalisation of attribute names, so wounds, possibilities and shock appear at the top of the dropdown when making new tokens Edit: &nbsp;Equipment: either moving to the bottom and making multi-column, or adding an option to switch position with perks. Edit: &nbsp;Global action / defence modifiers- is this common enough to consider? Edit: &nbsp;Dedicated button for bonus rolls. Edit: &nbsp;Modifier types.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9180206/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9180206/</a> &nbsp; Were there are any other things I'm forgetting?
That looks like a very useful list of improvements to me. Thank you.
GiGs said: Nik G. said: This reminds me more generally: When somebody else makes a roll, the info frame in chat shows Possbility and Up buttons, and of course if I click them it doesn't work and a cryptic error message appears in the chat log. Would it be possible to only show those buttons for the person who made the roll, or at least disable them for others? Also regarding those buttons, is there no way clicking the Possibility and Up buttons could just suck the info they need out of the frame containing the roll info, instead of requiring the user to manually enter them? Regarding the first point, those are limitations of the roll20 interface. There's nothing we sheet designers can do about that. Regarding the second point: there are settings options which reduce how much info you have to enter. Have you used those? I looked in the settings and didn't see anything that appeared relevant.
That list of improvements looks great!
Feature request: Would it be too hard to have 3 side-by-side columns for Equipment? :-)

Edited 1597900743
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
hmm, I'll consider it. But it has non-obvious ramifications for people who dont have such massive skill lists as you do. Which will be the majority of users. That reminds me of one feature request, I think from you, was swapping the Perks and Equipment (as a config option). I'll add them both to the list as things to examine for feasibility - no promises!
GiGs said: hmm, I'll consider it. But it has non-obvious ramifications for people who dont have such massive skill lists as you do. Which will be the majority of users. That reminds me of one feature request, I think from you, was swapping the Perks and Equipment (as a config option). I'll add them both to the list as things to examine for feasibility - no promises! No promises needed! But I'll add yet another item to your list: An export to text file button, so I can save a record of&nbsp; my character offline. Doesn't have to be importable back into roll20, although I can see some people might want that. You taking donations for all this work, by the way? :-) By the by, I mainly keep the skill list full of untrained skills because I can't roll a skill as untrained by clicking the attribute button—you don't roll again on 20s for untrained skills, but if you use the attribute raw, you do get to reroll on 20s. At least I'm pretty sure you do? Anyhow, it isn't just because of the Fake It perk. I've asked about this in a discussion on the piazza Torg forum.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nik G. said: GiGs said: hmm, I'll consider it. But it has non-obvious ramifications for people who dont have such massive skill lists as you do. Which will be the majority of users. That reminds me of one feature request, I think from you, was swapping the Perks and Equipment (as a config option). I'll add them both to the list as things to examine for feasibility - no promises! No promises needed! But I'll add yet another item to your list: An export to text file button, so I can save a record of&nbsp; my character offline. Doesn't have to be importable back into roll20, although I can see some people might want that. You taking donations for all this work, by the way? :-) By the by, I mainly keep the skill list full of untrained skills because I can't roll a skill as untrained by clicking the attribute button—you don't roll again on 20s for untrained skills, but if you use the attribute raw, you do get to reroll on 20s. At least I'm pretty sure you do? Anyhow, it isn't just because of the Fake It perk. I've asked about this in a discussion on the piazza Torg forum. Regarding donations - youre not the first to ask, but I dont think we are allowed to advertise for donations here.&nbsp; Regarding the untrained list: wouldnt it be better to just make 1 custom skill per attribute - you can name them whatever you want. Can you link that discussion, I'll check it out. Import / Export is tricky, the character data isnt stored in any way thats easily accessible. It would be a major task to create an export routine, involving figuring out an appropriate format, and then it would only be able to print to chat. You;d&nbsp;then have to manually copy and paste it, and deal with whatever the roll20 software does to the formatting. It would be a lot of work, and useful to a very tiny section of the user base. Import would be more useful, but much, much harder. So neither is likely to see development (hardly any other sheets do this). Is there a standardized format for torg characters?

Edited 1597913663
GiGs said: Regarding donations - youre not the first to ask, but I dont think we are allowed to advertise for donations here.&nbsp; Regarding the untrained list: wouldnt it be better to just make 1 custom skill per attribute - you can name them whatever you want. Can you link that discussion, I'll check it out. Import / Export is tricky, the character data isnt stored in any way thats easily accessible. It would be a major task to create an export routine, involving figuring out an appropriate format, and then it would only be able to print to chat. You;d&nbsp;then have to manually copy and paste it, and deal with whatever the roll20 software does to the formatting. It would be a lot of work, and useful to a very tiny section of the user base. Import would be more useful, but much, much harder. So neither is likely to see development (hardly any other sheets do this). Is there a standardized format for torg characters? Oh yeah, I hadn't thought of using a custom skill for Fake It! It even solves the problem of where to put the increased value, as I can just duplicate a skill I do have and put the modified adds in the Adds column where they need to be to have the skill count as trained. Plus, I don't have to worry about remembering to lower my faked skill back to its original when I change my faked skill. Here's the discussion thread in any case. They talk about all sorts of rules people forget or aren't clear about. - <a href="http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=112&amp;t=25046&amp;sid=0bb93c7bd985d8d51cf643c850e0002f" rel="nofollow">http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=112&amp;t=25046&amp;sid=0bb93c7bd985d8d51cf643c850e0002f</a> Bummer about export. I was hoping it could just open a new window with all the stats/weapons/story stuff concatenated in, just for a record. Ah well, didn't hurt to ask!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the thread link. And yes, the Export feature isnt really something the character sheet coding is good for. It could be done more easily with an API script, but still has a bunch of limitations (it posts to chat, any formatting and labels needs to be manually built, etc). It's basically having to build an entire new character sheet code, with much more limited utility.
GiGs said: Regarding donations - youre not the first to ask, but I dont think we are allowed to advertise for donations here. &gt;&gt;&gt; Do you have a Patreon page with your name on it... it's not advertising if we're asking for it. :D Regarding the untrained list: wouldnt it be better to just make 1 custom skill per attribute - you can name them whatever you want. &gt;&gt;&gt; You're saying we could make our own skills on the Character Sheet, one per attribute?&nbsp; That's one solution, sure.&nbsp; And, it wouldn't take a minute to set up.&nbsp; I actually like that idea.&nbsp; Let me share that with my Players on our Discord channel. Is there a standardized format for torg characters? Do you mean like for Monster Stats or something like that?&nbsp; But which can be used for PCs, instead.&nbsp; There's a standard text format.&nbsp; The problem is, there -at last count- over 400 Perks, Pulp Powers, and Special Abilities for creatures and Characters, Perks being nearly half of all of those, now.&nbsp; I'm constructing an opposition development spreadsheet so GMs can copy and paste stats for the opposition they want to use to their Player's Characters, and for the Player Characters themselves, for comparison, to be able to plan good fights.&nbsp; USNA does an amazingly terrible job of that, among several other things -very collegiate effort, but not fully professional, either- so I'm trying to help other Players.&nbsp; That's how I know. For exporting Characters, I've found it best to screen shot and paste it into a Word Document, print that and modify whatever sheet you already have.&nbsp; Unless, of course, you can afford two monitors, and then you could just put that up on a second monitor and modify.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That sounds like a pretty complex spreadsheet!
In truth, once I was able to get my format in place, it's pretty easy to build up, but yeah, there's a LOT going on with it.&nbsp; It would take me 20 minutes to count the three types (Perks, Special Abilities, and Pulp Powers) to give you real numbers to what's going on.&nbsp; However, I'm still only up to 56 products complete, only 14 of which had useful information to parse out to various files, not only opposition numbers in stages, but for my game on here, also.&nbsp; I'm going in crowdfunding order of released products, and I've purchased all the digital files earned in those kickstarters and then some, plus the main book, sourcebooks for each cosm, thus far, except for Tharkold, and I'll purchase all of that stuff, later, when it's time to get it, and I'm only up to The Fires of Ra for the Nile Empire. So, that's 383 creatures, thus far, that I've catalogued.&nbsp; The total for Perks, Pulp Powers, and Special Abilities is actually 432, thus far.&nbsp; A LOT of these abilities are just renamed versions of others, but they make the opposition unique, so I leave it alone.&nbsp; I've been working on this for the better part of this year, already.&nbsp; So much to do, so little time.
Well all I really wanted was a text dump of all the fields into one other, so I could copy and paste from a single text field and have all the text. Full export/import capability would be great, but I know from experience how difficult that can get. And if the website/browser won't even allow saving to a file, then it's even harder.

Edited 1598498916
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's fairly easy to do that kind of text dump withthe API, because there are ways to gather all the attributes from a single character, get their name and value. It won't be organised without a lot of extra work, so its value is debatable, but it can be done. And of course you'd need a Pro subscription to use it. But there's no way to do that in character sheet code-&nbsp; you have to manually name every attribute you want to print.
No worries then. But another question! When I get Bless invoked on me, all my defenses go up...is there a way to set all defense mods in one go?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nik G. said: No worries then. But another question! When I get Bless invoked on me, all my defenses go up...is there a way to set all defense mods in one go? You will probably have to ask your GM about that. There's no Bless feature automatically programmed into the character sheet, so i have no way to know what this Bless is actually doing. I'm guessing the GM is using an APi script that modifies your attributes.
Oh the GM is doing nothing, I'm just having to type a 2 into the Mod field for every single defense. :-) If the GM can automate this, that'll be great, I'll let him know to check.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
ah, i misunderstood the question. If your GM does have Pro, then chatSetAttr is a great way to do this. But having said that, if there are multiple things that modify all defences, it could be worth adding a way to automate that.&nbsp;
Off the top of my head there are 4 common ones: Ward Enemy (miracle) - "defenses", both physical and interactions(!), but only vs. supernatural creatures, so in a mixed fight this gets messy Awareness (psionics) - "physical defenses", specifically states not interactions Telekinetic Barrier (psionics) - "all the caster's defenses (dodge, melee, combat, and unarmed combat)" - I am not aware of a "combat" skill but that's what it says in the book, they probably meant "melee weapons") Shield (magic) - "all the caster's physical defenses (dodge, melee combat, and unarmed combat)" - confirming my guess above) Notably, the Confusion and Psychic Shield powers give a penalty to attackers rather than a bonus to defenders, which doesn't affect the character sheet, but is something about the rules that could be exploited.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thats a lot of special cases, unfortunately, where they all apply to different sets of attributes, and some apply in different ways (attack penalties instead of defence bonuses). If they all applied in exactly the same way, it would be practical to implement it on the sheet. But with so many differences, and very likely others not mentioned here (the physical shield has been mentioned earlier in the thread), it's not practical to automate it. For situations like this, I ask people: How would you handle this at the game table? Most likely, you wouldnt write little +1s next to every relevant attribute. Most likely, the GM would ask you your defence, you would look at the sheet, see the score, remember you have bless applying to it, and say aloud the modified score. This is how this sheet is meant to be used, too.
Works for me! I thought there was a thing where you could target someone and the sheet would calculate everything based on the stats, but it turns out my GM isn't doing that anyhow.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There is a target option for attacks, but you have to activate it under the settings cog. Not all groups will want to use it (it's inconvenient if the GM plays fast-and-loose with NPC stats, or doesnt define them fully).

Edited 1598873474
The target option is for automatic damage calculation (which works quite well). That reminds me: Could you add an option for a prompt to add to damage when rolling it? This would help immensely with the target option above in cases like temporary damage bonuses, damage rerolls on 1s, Armor Piercing, called shots, cover bonuses to toughness, etc (effectively anything that modifies damage or toughness depending on the situation) Some other feature requests: If you include a way to include defense bonuses, you just need two: one for all physical defenses (dodge, melee, unarmed) and one for all defenses. Penalties on enemies can be handled as bonuses to your defenses most of the time. Maybe include a Min Str field for Armor (and Shields)? This gives a -1 to Dex (and related skills) for every point below the Min Str. Also: Is it at all possible to get to reroll the possibilities that use the turn tracker? This is needed to easily use the Law of Action in the Nile Empire.
I know the API doesn't allow for scrounging the last roll out of the chat log when you click "Possibility", but in general would it be possible to put the modifier &amp; last roll text fields onto a single roll dialog so we can fill in both and click once to do the roll? You could add on a checkbox for skilled/unskilled too and handle that problem too, instead of having to tell every player to make a custom skill for each base attribute to do correct the die-rolling logc. (Torg die-rolling is complicated!)
Markus said: Some other feature requests: Maybe include a Min Str field for Armor (and Shields)? This gives a -1 to Dex (and related skills) for every point below the Min Str. Oh I thought it was a hard "you can't use it" limit! But that's for missile weapons. More similarly-worded things that behave differently.... :-P
Nik G, when you use the Turn Tracker, then make certain your acting Player selects their Token before they open the Character Sheet and roll their skill, the last roll remains in the Turn Tracker, since there are no turns to track, really, in Torg.&nbsp; If they don't select their Character, however, you can note their last roll from the chat feed, then edit that directly into the Turn Tracker by clicking on the number for the appropriate Character and editing that number in.&nbsp; Reminding each Player to click their token, first, is a pain in the ass, I know, but it's well worth it to have those numbers automatically calculated.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Markus said: The target option is for automatic damage calculation (which works quite well). That reminds me: Could you add an option for a prompt to add to damage when rolling it? This would help immensely with the target option above in cases like temporary damage bonuses, damage rerolls on 1s, Armor Piercing, called shots, cover bonuses to toughness, etc (effectively anything that modifies damage or toughness depending on the situation) Damage rerolls would be very tricky to implement, and are easy ti apply just by clicking the damage roll button again when&nbsp; you see you rolled a 1.&nbsp; Are the rest of those applied as simple bonuses to damage? Some other feature requests: If you include a way to include defense bonuses, you just need two: one for all physical defenses (dodge, melee, unarmed) and one for all defenses. Penalties on enemies can be handled as bonuses to your defenses most of the time. That wouldn't be too hard to implement. Does that cover all situations that crop up? Maybe include a Min Str field for Armor (and Shields)? This gives a -1 to Dex (and related skills) for every point below the Min Str. It'll be tricky to implement that for shields (at least in an elegant way), but I think its doable with armour. I'll look into it. Also: Is it at all possible to get to reroll the possibilities that use the turn tracker? This is needed to easily use the Law of Action in the Nile Empire. I dont think this will be possible. How does the Law of Action work?

Edited 1598943591
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nik G. said: I know the API doesn't allow for scrounging the last roll out of the chat log when you click "Possibility", but in general would it be possible to put the modifier &amp; last roll text fields onto a single roll dialog so we can fill in both and click once to do the roll? You could add on a checkbox for skilled/unskilled too and handle that problem too, instead of having to tell every player to make a custom skill for each base attribute to do correct the die-rolling logc. (Torg die-rolling is complicated!) Unfortunately the roll20 macro system doesnt allow us to store values for later use. The hack of using the turn tracker allows us to store exactly one value for reuse - which is being used for the roll total.
GiGs said: Damage rerolls would be very tricky to implement, and are easy ti apply just by clicking the damage roll button again when&nbsp; you see you rolled a 1.&nbsp; Are the rest of those applied as simple bonuses to damage? Damage rerolls on 1 can be made using bonus damage. The players/GM can just roll x additional bonus dice and add (Minus)-x to the new damage where x is the number of 1s rolled before. It was just an example for using bonuses to damage (this only works if adding bonus dice also allows for bonus to damage) Simple bonuses to damage is enough for all my examples. A change in toughness is effectively the same as a bonus to damage against it.
GiGs said: If you include a way to include defense bonuses, you just need two: one for all physical defenses (dodge, melee, unarmed) and one for all defenses. Penalties on enemies can be handled as bonuses to your defenses most of the time. That wouldn't be too hard to implement. Does that cover all situations that crop up? Almost all. Ward Enemy is a special case in a mixed fight, but if your implemetation is easily toggleable, that works too.

Edited 1598952092
GiGs said: Unfortunately the roll20 macro system doesnt allow us to store values for later use. The hack of using the turn tracker allows us to store exactly one value for reuse - which is being used for the roll total. This kills any implementation of the Law of Action, because that would have to store the roll total you had before you just used a possibility (in addition to the new roll total after using it). You have to store two numbers per character to use it. As an idea, maybe store that number behind the decimal point?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Markus said: GiGs said: Unfortunately the roll20 macro system doesnt allow us to store values for later use. The hack of using the turn tracker allows us to store exactly one value for reuse - which is being used for the roll total. This kills any implementation of the Law of Action, because that would have to store the roll total you had before you just used a possibility (in addition to the new roll total after using it). You have to store two numbers per character to use it. As an idea, maybe store that number behind the decimal point? That's not really possible. Roll20 macros dont allow any kind of conditional analysis, and you cant split a roll into two parts and then do something different with each of them. This frustrates me just as much as everyone who wants features like this. It is possible to handle things like that with the API (and most of the other things I've said no to as well!), but thats limited to just a small part of the userbase.

Edited 1598958374
GiGs said: That's not really possible. Roll20 macros dont allow any kind of conditional analysis, and you cant split a roll into two parts and then do something different with each of them. This frustrates me just as much as everyone who wants features like this. It is possible to handle things like that with the API (and most of the other things I've said no to as well!), but thats limited to just a small part of the userbase. Oh well, Roll20 macros being extremely limited is a bummer. Using the Law of Action wasn't really that important, it's just one World Law in one Cosm and it can be handled by scrolling up in the Chat Window and doing the roll, the math and the lookup by hand. The only complicated thing is getting the bonus from the roll. Could this be implemented on the Sheet somewhere? Just a button to start a macro where you enter a roll and get the resulting bonus? I can create a macro like that myself, but having it on the sheet would be nice.

Edited 1598959888
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Markus said: The only complicated thing is getting the bonus from the roll. Could this be implemented on the Sheet somewhere? Just a button to start a macro where you enter a roll and get the resulting bonus? I can create a macro like that myself, but having it on the sheet would be nice. That's already implemented. Click the Attributes title, and you'll be prompted to enter a modifier (leave at 0), then you'll be prompted to choose one of Skilled, Unskilled, or Disfavoured, and a roll will be made showing you just the bonus for the roll. You can do something similar with the title for the Defenses section - it is quicker, because there are no prompts, but it sets the minimum at +1, since its for active defences, so not as useful if you just want a roll. I might add a config option to show the actual roll, even for below +1, since it is handy sometimes.
Uh, that's not what I need. The Law of Action says: "After spending a Possibility on an action and getting a total, a character may spend another Possibility to roll another die and take the better of the two results." This means the Possibility die will be rerolled and a new roll total will be created. So I use the old roll total before the Possibility and roll Attributes as a Possibility, then I add the new roll (from Attributes) to the old roll total from before and get a new roll total. This new roll total (which I cannot generate as a total with this sheet) then gets me a new Bonus from the Bonus Chart. What I would need is a button to enter the roll total and it gives me the Bonus from the chart. (more or less the second half of rolling Attributes - just looking up the Bonus if I already have a roll total). This all sounds a little complicated, but it isn't. I just need an automated Bonus Chart.
Markus said: Uh, that's not what I need. The Law of Action says: "After spending a Possibility on an action and getting a total, a character may spend another Possibility to roll another die and take the better of the two results." This means the Possibility die will be rerolled and a new roll total will be created. So I use the old roll total before the Possibility and roll Attributes as a Possibility, then I add the new roll (from Attributes) to the old roll total from before and get a new roll total. This new roll total (which I cannot generate as a total with this sheet) then gets me a new Bonus from the Bonus Chart. What I would need is a button to enter the roll total and it gives me the Bonus from the chart. (more or less the second half of rolling Attributes - just looking up the Bonus if I already have a roll total). This all sounds a little complicated, but it isn't. I just need an automated Bonus Chart. Markus:&nbsp; I'm not sure if/when the character sheet may have these features.&nbsp; But you can accomplish them with Macro's, which are available to all users of Roll20 as a free feature.&nbsp; Scripting is a Pro option (and I recently upgraded and discovered I loved it) but I started as a basic user with Macro's.&nbsp; This isn't really the place for me to post what I have, but if you want the macro's I have that do what you are talking about PM me and I'll send them over.&nbsp; I have created MANY Macro's that my players use, but based on your above conversation i think you might be interested in macro's that accomplish the following: 1. Reroll the 1st 1 on a bonus die for damage (created for the trademark weapon perk).&nbsp; It will only re-roll the first one on a BD roll per the perk.&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. A macro that will give you the bonus chart in the chat window (I also have a handout that the heroes can open that has the bonus chart...I took the chart on the back of the bookmark that came with the digital rewards for Nile Empire and added it as a handout...my players now just leave the BD chart handout open in a popout window in the background because we found that to be easier, but if you want the chat window function the macro accomplishes that).&nbsp;&nbsp; 3. A damage calculator (asks for the character's damage total, defenders toughness, any modifiers (AP, etc), and spits out the total damage and a damage chart.&nbsp; Useful for when the heroes have a special circumstance that isn't the straight up attack the character sheet supports directly.&nbsp; we mostly only use it when things get complicated. 4. A Killshot macro (roll BD 2x, take the largest of the 2 results...my sniper has a tendency to have 3 or 4 bonus dice when using this perk, so I wrote a macro to simplify things).&nbsp; Add this with the damage calculator (#3 above) and it duplicates the character sheet function and is useful for more complicated situations, which don't apply to every user. Once you get use to writing macros you can create a macro mule, and then create a singe "player macro" button that pulls up the macros in the mule as individual buttons.&nbsp; Then all players have access to all the macros, and it's streamlined.&nbsp; It takes a bit of work up front, but once there a macro mule does help streamline things.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Gigs - I suspect this isn't possible, but the most useful thing I could think of as a GM would be the ability to copy a power from one character to another.&nbsp; I find myself typing in powers (spells, miracles, etc) over and over again.&nbsp; Having the ability to copy them from one villain to the next when setting up a new one would speed things up a lot.&nbsp;&nbsp; I suspect that even if this is possible it's a script and has nothing to do with the sheet.
For that I think we'd have to hope Ulisses springs to get an actual Compendium set up, which while I've heard rumors it's being looked into, I'm not really holding my breath on it...