Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Torg Eternity] Sheet redesign thread

Edited 1599079502
Michael D. said: Gigs - I suspect this isn't possible, but the most useful thing I could think of as a GM would be the ability to copy a power from one character to another.  I find myself typing in powers (spells, miracles, etc) over and over again.  Having the ability to copy them from one villain to the next when setting up a new one would speed things up a lot.   I suspect that even if this is possible it's a script and has nothing to do with the sheet. Well, there's this script. It's functional, but not very comfortable. And there has been no change in the last 3+ months.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Michael D. said: Gigs - I suspect this isn't possible, but the most useful thing I could think of as a GM would be the ability to copy a power from one character to another.  I find myself typing in powers (spells, miracles, etc) over and over again.  Having the ability to copy them from one villain to the next when setting up a new one would speed things up a lot.   I suspect that even if this is possible it's a script and has nothing to do with the sheet. That's only possible with the API unfortunately. Maybe one day we'll have a compendium...
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Markus said: Michael D. said: Gigs - I suspect this isn't possible, but the most useful thing I could think of as a GM would be the ability to copy a power from one character to another.  I find myself typing in powers (spells, miracles, etc) over and over again.  Having the ability to copy them from one villain to the next when setting up a new one would speed things up a lot.   I suspect that even if this is possible it's a script and has nothing to do with the sheet. Well, there's this script. It's functional, but not very comfortable. And there has been no change in the last 3+ months. Nice find. It's something that wouldnt need regular changes. If it worked 3 months ago, it should still work now.
Zoula said: For that I think we'd have to hope Ulisses springs to get an actual Compendium set up, which while I've heard rumors it's being looked into, I'm not really holding my breath on it... TorgHacker said they were working on a Compendium, but they are doing things across the VTT spectrum, right now.
GiGs said: Markus said: The only complicated thing is getting the bonus from the roll. Could this be implemented on the Sheet somewhere? Just a button to start a macro where you enter a roll and get the resulting bonus? I can create a macro like that myself, but having it on the sheet would be nice. That's already implemented. Click the Attributes title, and you'll be prompted to enter a modifier (leave at 0), then you'll be prompted to choose one of Skilled, Unskilled, or Disfavoured, and a roll will be made showing you just the bonus for the roll. Oh, wow. I always just clicked on the individual attribute name to roll. It didn't even occur to me to click on the section title! I would love to see that Skilled/Unskilled/Disfavored thing done for each attribute (and together in a single panel with the modifier if possible). Still, now that I know the section title can do that, I'll tell my group!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nik G. said: Oh, wow. I always just clicked on the individual attribute name to roll. It didn't even occur to me to click on the section title! I would love to see that Skilled/Unskilled/Disfavored thing done for each attribute (and together in a single panel with the modifier if possible). Still, now that I know the section title can do that, I'll tell my group! There's no way to combine different queries into a single panel in roll20 unfortunately. Every one is a different popup.
GiGs said: Nik G. said: Oh, wow. I always just clicked on the individual attribute name to roll. It didn't even occur to me to click on the section title! I would love to see that Skilled/Unskilled/Disfavored thing done for each attribute (and together in a single panel with the modifier if possible). Still, now that I know the section title can do that, I'll tell my group! There's no way to combine different queries into a single panel in roll20 unfortunately. Every one is a different popup. I have submitted feature requests for this, and for giving you access to variables stored in those result frames in the chat log. (It's request # 28060, not that I can find a way to look it up now that I've filed it, but just in case you know how.)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nik G. said: GiGs said: Nik G. said: Oh, wow. I always just clicked on the individual attribute name to roll. It didn't even occur to me to click on the section title! I would love to see that Skilled/Unskilled/Disfavored thing done for each attribute (and together in a single panel with the modifier if possible). Still, now that I know the section title can do that, I'll tell my group! There's no way to combine different queries into a single panel in roll20 unfortunately. Every one is a different popup. I have submitted feature requests for this, and for giving you access to variables stored in those result frames in the chat log. (It's request # 28060, not that I can find a way to look it up now that I've filed it, but just in case you know how.) I wouldn't hold out hope that anything would come of that. If you want to make a suggestion for roll20 changes, the suggestion forum is the proper tool to use (though that hardly ever results in anything, either).
Hey All, I just made up a set of instructions for Torg in Roll20. I thought it might be relevant here. Apologies for the length of this post. -Grant The chat window can be reached by clicking on the speech bubble in the upper-right of the screen. Please let the GM know if you are new to Roll20. To roll one 20-sided die, type '/roll d20'. To roll a six-sided die, type '/roll d6'. You control a character on the map which you can move with your mouse. If there is a grid you can move with the cursor keys. You can walk a number of meters equal to your MOVE or run equal to RUN. Distances are different for each map. To measure distance use the ruler on the left side of the screen. It is near the middle and looks like a clock set to about 2 o'clock. When the character is selected, the red bar and red bubble indicates how much Shock they have taken. To modify your own Shock see below. The middle bubble indicates how difficult they  usually  are to hit. For ranged attacks this is their Dodge score but on certain maps in low-tech realities it might be their Melee Defense. If you are holding a weapon or shield, your Melee Defense is your Melee Weapons skill. If not it is your Unarmed Combat skill. In any case the middle bubble is only a quick reference and you should check your character sheet. The tab in the upper right which looks like a newspaper shows the Journals. If you are reading this then you have found the Journals. Once you have chosen a character it will appear here. The rules you need to know to play this game can be found in 'Game Rules'. The 'Character Sheet' tab of your character's Journal shows your Torg character sheet. You can click on "CLOSE THIS FRAME" and close the Announcements. You can make a skill roll by clicking on the name of the skill. You can make an attack by clicking on the name of a weapon, spell, or power. You can make a Damage roll by clicking on a Damage number. To modify your most common statuses, click on the + or - buttons on the right side of the character sheet. If the Game Master (GM) tells you to take Fatigue, click on the Fatigue button and you will take the appropriate amount of Shock (2 plus any modifier for Armor). At 4 Wounds, you must test for Defeat (death). So at "WOUNDS 3/3" you can take one more Wound. When all Shock is taken your are knocked out (KO).  Each roll asks if there are any modifiers. The character sheet calculates modifiers for Wounds, Stymie conditions and any modifier listed with your attack (just to the right of the attack name). It does not include modifiers for Perks or Equipment so be sure to mention them to the GM. The GM will call out any additional modifiers. The range for an attack is listed under "Range". Ranges are in meters. If there are three ranges, call out whether your attack is within the first, second or third range or outside the third range. The bottom line of a non-Damage roll is called your action total (see Game Rules) or Action Value (same thing). If not noted otherwise, a 10 is a success and a 20 is an Outstanding success. At the beginning of each Act you reset to three Possibility points. When you click "Possibility" one is automatically deducted. They have to be spent manually for Soaking and other uses (see Game Rules). Soaking and Defeat are checks against the Reality skill. For Damage Rolls, Roll20 asks if there are any Bonus Dice (BD). There will be zero, one or two (rarely three) and the GM will tell you how many. When filling out your own character sheet, click on the word "SKILLS" to add new skills. The GM will fill out the "Mod" columns for you. When spending experience points (XP), click on the "STORY" tab and fill out the "ADVANCEMENT TRACK". The GM will use this to check your build. The line "Previously Bought Advances" can be left at zero.
Hi, I found that for some Powers (ex: Ice skin), the target (DN) is the invoker's strenght. But it's not listed in the "Target" tag in the Powers. Can it be added in the next patch please?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What other target DNs are not included in the list?
GiGs said: What other target DNs are not included in the list? Here's some I found (I didn't check Pulp powers): Target's attribute (Enhance) Target's Strength (Grow, Shrink, Hold Animal) Larger of target's Strength or Dexterity (Inner Berserker) Target's highest magic skill (Shali's Blessing) Invoker's Strength (Treeskin) Target controller's willpower or Spirit (Cast Out), Modified DNs Target's willpower or Spirit plus any Size Modifier(Ride Beast) Hard(-4) vs dodge or Dexterity (Hailstorm) Hard(-4) vs the target's highest attribute (Little Frog, Peak Performance) Hard(-4) vs the target's Strength (Sound Cloud) Hard(-4) vs target's willpower or Spirit (Vision of Harm Very Hard(-6) vs target's dodge or Dexterity (Cleanse) Disfavored vs target's willpower or Spirit (Plague) 2 DNs Standard (10) or Target's dodge or Dexterity (Mage Hands, Conjure poison, Whirlwind) Easy (8) or Value of the item (Sculpt Bone, Shape Plant) Hard (14) or target's dodge or Dexterity (Entropy) Hard (14) or opponent spellcaster's casting total (Absorb Magic) 2 DNs and Modified DN Hard (14) or Hard (-4) vs target's dodge or Dexterity (Inferno) Special Contest with the target's Strenth or the skill most applicable with the item (whichever is higher) (Dropsy)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thats a pretty complex list. I'll have to think about how to implement those.
Even just a "Special" would do well I feel. 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thats the easiest way to handle it, and is p[retty good. People can use the rolltemplate notes / footer field to add any extra information they think is necessary
I'm just trying to keep this thread alive, so when it's time to get back to testing and discussing things we can help, or suggest the impossible, where necessary, LOL.
GiGs said: People can use the rolltemplate notes / footer field to add any extra information they think is necessary GiGs, I attempted to send you a Private Message through Roll 20.  I suppose I can address it, here... first, may I use the sheet you've perfected for another VTT?  Second, if you do I might ask you how best to implement that; though I would limit my questions to as small as possible, I think I certainly will have questions?  Third, would you be seeking experience on other VTTs? For those of you who think it's cold for me to ask these questions, I have no intent of leaving Roll 20.  Certain VTTs have different ways of handling things better than others, so I intend to use at least one other VTT, but I would like to know if this Character sheet will usable on other VTTs.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sorrry, Pauly, I didnt see your messages. My notifications have gotten out of hand, and roll20s notification system only shows you 10 messages at a time. The code on roll20 sheets isnt proprietary. If there's anything in my sheet that will help you, you can use it with my blessing. I wont provide support though. There's a lot of very roll20-specific code so I imagine it would be a pretty huge job to adapt to another VTT which will have its own way of doing things. Most of the html and css likely works, so you should be able to get the layout working, but the sheet worker/javascript side of it will probably fall flat.
Alright, thanks man.
hi there is a big layout problem on the French version of the roll 20 character sheet. who should we contact to correct it?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Are you using a custom sheet or the main sheet accessible from the dropdown in game? If its the main sheet, I'm the person to contact. What's the layout issue?
Salvador M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
Is there any progress on the Threats tab? Working on setting up a game now and it would be lovely to have an easier time transferring those in. I've done some character sheet work before (in fact I'm the one who added that kind of hacky option to use the initiative tracker for previous roll values) and might be able to help put something together, especially if it's more a matter of implementing something that's already designed, but I don't want to step on any toes if you've already got something going. Minor aside, but it'd be nice if there was a button somewhere to just roll some bonus dice. For things like the Trap cosm cards, for example.

Edited 1604132576
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I spent my free time the last couple of months working on a couple of sheet commissions, so haven't had time to do the threats tab. I do have a plan for what I'll put in the threats, but if there's anything you'd like to see, please post away. Also, great work on the initiative tracker, it's nice to have someone to credit. Regarding bonus dice, if you click the stats or defence title, you can get a bonus roll (the defence sets minimum to +1, as its for active defence). These do take the wound level and other general modifiers of the active character into account, so if you want to make completely unmodified rolls, it's handy to set up a blank character for that purpose. Here's a macro you can use to roll a bonus modifier: &{template:torg} {{what=Bonus Roll}} {{value=[[10]]}} {{torgroll=[[?{Skill Quality?| Skilled,1d20!10!!20| Unskilled,1d20!10| Disfavored,1d20}cs10cs>20cf1 ]]}} {{defense=[[0]]}} It'll give output like these: It'll give you a prompt asking for Skilled, Unskilled or Disfavoured. The last one above was rolled as Disfavoured, so didnt give a rollup on a roll of 20. It would be nice to show the label for which type was used, and also to not show both Bonus and Result on these rolls, since they are always equal. I'll think about adding these for naked bonus rolls. You can modify the macro to remove the query: just change this part: {{torgroll=[[?{Skill Quality?| Skilled,1d20!10!!20| Unskilled,1d20!10| Disfavored,1d20}cs10cs>20cf1 ]]}} to one of these three: {{torgroll=[[1d20!10!!20cs10cs>20cf1 ]]}} {{torgroll=[[1d20!10cs10cs>20cf1 ]]}} {{torgroll=[[1d20cs10cs>20cf1 ]]}} Choose the one that matches the type of roll you want to make.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I just updated my list of "tweaks under consideration" in an earlier post:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9084562/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9084562/</a>

Edited 1604140038
Salvador M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
I actually meant for rolling the exploding d6's, just as their own thing without using the weapon damage, sorry if that wasn't clear. For example, the Trap! cosm card does "1BD wounds."&nbsp; I don't know if there are any other things that just have you roll a BD, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are. It is easy enough to setup as a macro, which is what I've done in my game, I just thought it might be nice to have a button on the sheet. Regarding the threats tab; you've already addressed the big one of just typing in skill totals directly. I'd suggest extending that option to Move, Shock, and Wounds, if you weren't already going to. Probably still auto calculate the first two when attributes change because that's usually correct, but some critters do have extra, and of course wounds vary wildly. Can't think of anything else I'd need added, as long as weapons and perks are still on there. I'd also suggest for the power target numbers having a "custom" option that you can just type in whatever. I'd probably have it reveal a whole new row when selected: one relatively small text box to type in the label that'll go on the rolltemplate and one big one, fill up the whole rest of the width, so people can type in whatever calculation they need. That's really the only way I see for a sheet author to make sure every possible thing the devs might write into some weird power or another is at least possible &nbsp;to put into the sheet properly. For reference, the Chronicles of Darkness Official sheet does something similar on it's page 2, except the boxes they give you for the actual number part are tiny so typing in attribute references or calculations is a pain. Edit: Something I forgot for the threats tab. It'd be nice if there was a 'just type in the final value' for interaction skill defenses. &nbsp;The ones the threats list with (x).

Edited 1604748144
Mac Z
Plus
hi, we seem to have big issues on Torg character sheet since this morning, the image won't load. The page is left blank, and the parameters wheel ( toggle panels/ ask for toughness...) disapears behind the window it opens.&nbsp; Do you know if you'll have to time to check this soon?&nbsp; Finally, I'd like to thank you for all the work you've done so far on this sheet. sincerely

Edited 1604748340
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm seeing something similar, but it's not a problem with this sheet, it's a general roll20 problem. I've just loaded campaigns for several different systems, and sheets with have a background image are all failing to show them.&nbsp; I'd raise a bug with roll20, it has to be a problem with their servers, specifically their image servers.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It looks like this is the thread to report current character sheet issues:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9383210/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9383210/</a>
hi gigs 1- for the problem on french character :&nbsp; the simplest way to explain it to you would be that you go in your roll20 account settings, you put the French language, you save and open a part of torg with normal character sheets. You will see very quickly the offset at the top of the sheet. It's just that it takes too much space for the cosm box and the race box I think. to see. 2- does the torg sheet work correctly with the VTT Enhancement suite module? I was thinking of installing it but I don't want to have any problems
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Regarding the french problem: I tested it, and it looks like a button that should be hidden is being made visible with french settings. That's baffling to me, but it gives me something to try to figure out. Funnily enough, I might not have been able to see the issue except for the current image server problem. I'll find some time to explore why this is happening, and test other languages - I'm curious why it's being specifically reported by French users. Maybe other countries arent actually using the sheet and it would affect them too, or there's something specific about the translations into french that are causing this. For your other question. I cant say if it works with VTTES, since I don't use it, so I can't support it if there's a problem (I couldnt anyway, since its code isnt native to roll20).&nbsp; But lots of people do use VTTES across different sheets, so there's no harm in trying it. If there's an issue you can always remove it afterwards. Maybe copy your campaign first, and try it in the copy.
Thank you. I watch it et say to you
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The image loading problem appears to be fixed, as of the latest post over here:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9456586/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9456586/</a>
I ask this not having caught up on back posts, but did you know that your sheet is being used for the Web DM Plays Torg Eternity stream?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I did not! can you link it?
GiGs said: I did not! can you link it? They stream on Twitch and then post to Youtube a couple of days later. This is a Ulisses Spiele-sponsored stream. You should get a shout-out at least. We are all so grateful for what you have made. <a href="https://www.twitch.tv/webdm" rel="nofollow">https://www.twitch.tv/webdm</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d4O0acqc4Y" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d4O0acqc4Y</a>
Oh, this is awesome and I fully agree with Greg H.&nbsp; Actually, I have also been using it for my game-play videos; I'm still new to the video recording and editing stuff, so I've not put out a video, yet, but I do give a shoutout a couple times for the use of your sheet, GiGs.&nbsp; I would love to keep using it, too, but I'm going to a different VTT, I'm afraid.&nbsp; Man, that is really cool; good on ya, GiGs.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the praise both of you, and thanks for link Greg :)
You're welcome on both counts GiGs!
Salvador M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
From the new Tharkold book, it might be worth adding Mind-based Willpower to the Defense section / power target options. Looks like there's only four powers that target it so maybe just the proposed "Other" section is sufficient.
Salvador M. said: From the new Tharkold book, it might be worth adding Mind-based Willpower to the Defense section / power target options. Looks like there's only four powers that target it so maybe just the proposed "Other" section is sufficient. It already is. Will (Mind) is the Defense under Willpower and "Willpower or Mind" is an option as the target of a power.
Salvador M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
Well then, guess that's what I get checking with the picture on the wiki instead of actually loading the game. 😅
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Salvador M. said: Well then, guess that's what I get checking with the picture on the wiki instead of actually loading the game.  I should update those pics, but keeping all the pics on the wiki updated, as the sheet gets updated they become outdated over and over, can be a pain.
Perhaps doing so once every half-year is not a bad idea.
Minor bug report: the text for weapon/power names and notes is centered in the fields rather than left-justified like everywhere else.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nik G. said: Minor bug report: the text for weapon/power names and notes is centered in the fields rather than left-justified like everywhere else. Thanks, I'll check that out.
Some of the guys from Torganized Play were doing a tutorial on using Roll20 and the sheet the other night and noted how much of a pain it was to transcribe monsters to the sheet as a GM since the skills in monster stat blocks were alphabetical. I seem to recall that having the skills alphabetical was one of the ideas for the Threat section? Just curious if that's something still in the works?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The idea was to try to match the way official stat blocks work, so copying critters from a stat block should be fairly painless.
This may seem very niche, but, since roll20 is heavy on 5e with its own favored mechanic, I figured I'd ask anyhow as it may be easy to implement. I am playing a White Witch with a Lucky Charm, that basically lets me roll twice on every test all day long (Cyberpapacy book p. 49 for the curious). All these double die rolls are kind of flooding the chat and confusing some players (and occasionally the GM!). Would there be a way to program things so roll20 just does the two die rolls and only shows the higher when I do a skill/attribute test?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
With a normal roll you can take the two highest easily enough, but for the way macros work in this sheet to handle the special effects of torg rolls, that might not be possible without manually recreating every roll on the sheet. What's the actual text of that ability?