Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20

Its been posted before on the old thread but could we PLEASE get check boxes or something like that for Conditions  (IE Blinded, Broken Armor and Weapons, Clumsy...... and get those Flat check Conditions in a pop up box we can roll in ?  I know it would'nt work just like the PF I sheet but there has to be something please!!  Anything would help as token status Icons just are'nt cutting it anymore!! Thanks Tom and 36+ of my players for PF 2

Edited 1623176244
I also wondering about this. at least I want to know that do your team planning to add this function. other VTT already supporting this for Pathfinder 2e and I know it's possible in roll20 too, because it is supported for other games. I think this is the one of biggest feature that roll20 pathfinder 2e sheet is missing and some of my people in other community refuse to play pathfinder 2e at Roll20 because this function is not exist. and also I been seen people move on to Foundry because this function was not supported at Roll20.          Tom said: Its been posted before on the old thread but could we PLEASE get check boxes or something like that for Conditions  (IE Blinded, Broken Armor and Weapons, Clumsy...... and get those Flat check Conditions in a pop up box we can roll in ?  I know it would'nt work just like the PF I sheet but there has to be something please!!  Anything would help as token status Icons just are'nt cutting it anymore!! Thanks Tom and 36+ of my players for PF 2
I would love to see this too! I think this was requested in the first or second thread for this sheet, but was forgotten after bugs and other features took priority. Something like what the official Pathfinder sheet has would be awesome. Not only did it have all the conditions built in, you could add custom buffs/conditions as repeating items that could be toggled on/off. And all of it accounted for modifier types to handle what modifiers stacked or not. I set up custom attributes to handle conditions and spell buffs in my sheets a while back including math for handling stacking, like these notes for Acrobatics **MODIFIERS:** [[(@{heroism_statbo} - {@{clumsy_statpen},@{frightened_statpen},@{fascinated_statpen},@{sickened_statpen} }k1)]] or this modifier directly in an attack roll ({@{inspcrg_statbo},@{bless_statbo},@{heroism_statbo} }k1 - {@{enfeebled_statpen},@{frightened_statpen},@{sickened_statpen},@{bane_statpen} }k1)[STAT] + (@{aid_circbo} - {@{aid_circpen},@{prone_circpen} }k1)[CIRC] and it works well enough right now, but having all of this built into the sheet would be enormously convenient!
I asked about this to happen in last weeks Roll20'sTwitch Live roundtable but there was no one on the panel who could reply to this then. But hoping someone on the Roll20 team who could make this happen might give us some insite/post to see if they could work on this One can hope :) Tom
Hmmm, I think the Potency Crystal Talisman is incorrect on the Compendium.

Edited 1624305215
Nic B.
Roll20 Team
Hey folks, dropping in quickly to give an update. We've finally released our first version of the Alchemy tab for the PF2 character sheet. This is a particularly complex piece of sheet interaction design, so if you encounter difficulties with it, please feed back to us in this thread so that we can identify support tickets to resolve any problems that arise. We also started researching into a more robust condition tracker that so many of you told us that you wanted. This is still early days, but we're looking forward to getting this into your hands as soon as possible. Finally, to give an update on the progress of the charactermancer: we have begun to work on the last piece of missing drag and drop functionality (class features) that is blocking true progress on the charactermancer. We are still due to get stuck into the level 1 charactermancer in early July. I will give more updates on progress, and an ETA, as that becomes more concrete.

Edited 1624307315
The Alchemy tab looks promising! Only have time for a quick look right now, but I noticed one issue is all existing sheets updated with this have the toggles reversed. See screenshot below: The whole alchemy section is also appearing in both the alchemy tab and in the spells tab at the very bottom.
Whoops! Good spot, Persephone. We'll get that tidied up ASAP.
A quick note that we pushed a hotfix for this display issue and that it seems to have resolved the issue.
This is great, love quality of life improvements like this. Are you planning on supporting the newer APs?
Unfortunately, I can't answer to the production schedule of the Content Conversion team, but this sounds like a prime question for the Community Roundtable, or, failing that, a support ticket . I do hope so, though.
The second issue is fixed (alchemy section appearing at the bottom of other tabs), but the first one is still present. I was able to fix it manually by toggling all 3 sections off, going into the "toggles" attribute, and deleting the following text: ,poisons,elixirs,bombs Looks like this would need to be done on each sheet, though.

Edited 1624397833
I don't have much experience yet with higher level alchemists, but here's some of my first impressions/suggestions mainly concerning sheet consistency and clarity of function: Being able to click the bombs right from the formula list for the attack and damage rolls is super convenient, but they don't seem to include the "bonus to roll" queries that the rest of the sheet has. There's also no way to include extra math in the attack bonus like can be done for weapon and spell attacks (useful for conditions, range penalty queries, and MAP queries). The specialized repeating section formats for the 3 present item types are great! The tanglefoot bag drops with "none" in all the damage fields, which breaks the template when sent to chat because those fields are put into inline rolls and expect numbers. Emptying these fields doesn't work either, and still breaks the inline rolls. I suggest a toggle for damage like spells have. The Additional Damage template format doesn't match with how the rest of the sheet does it. {{roll03=[[1 cold splash, -5 foot speed]] (1 cold splash, -5 foot speed @{Fumbus—Alchemist 5|active_bomb_damage_additional})}} It puts all the text both an inline roll and in parentheses next to that inline roll. The output is a bit confusing. It's also set as roll03 rather than roll04 as the other templates are designed (roll03 is used for critical damage usually while roll04 is additional damage, and I have a damage listener script that's set up to expect this pattern). This field should probably be changed to output exactly what is entered and nothing more, just like all other Additional Damage fields, for consistency across the sheet. Changing it to roll04 in the template would also be good for consistency. The Craft button here doesn't seem to do anything, and it's unclear what its intended function is (nothing is added to the sheet's inventory, if that's the purpose). The toggles for Advanced and Quick Alchemy seem useful, but I can't tell if they serve any function other than as reminders. The button for the Crafting skill here is very convenient. The Alchemy Modifiers section is very intuitive and will be very helpful for keeping track of additives and such. The Usage and Activate fields for these items doesn't get shown in the chat template, which would be very handy especially because the text boxes themselves are too small to read the entire entry in some cases. The Quantity field doesn't seem to have any effect on the total Bulk in the inventory. I'm assuming it's for tracking infused items, which are still technically carried and should be calculated into Bulk. For bombs, the Range is shown in the template but the Splash Range is not. The Range field could benefit from being a wider text field that allows non-numeric values, like in the Range fields of other parts of the sheet. The ability to write it in with notes would be useful, just as in other Range fields. There's sections for Bombs, Elixirs, and Poisons but not for Alchemical Tools (sunrod, smokestick, origin unguent, etc.). I think a lot of this has the potential to be very useful for any character built around using and crafting from formulas, not just alchemical ones. An additional section for Other / Non-Alchemical items with a more generic format like the Inventory items would be great for a character such as a wizard who spends a lot of downtime crafting magical items or a character with the Talisman Dabbler archetype. Adding that functionality and perhaps changing the tab name from Alchemy to Formulas to reflect the versatility of it would be an immensely welcome feature. Overall, there are a lot of helpful changes and I think this is a big improvement from the sparse support alchemists/crafters had before! Some of it is still a bit buggy and not exactly clear in terms of function. I'm looking forward to see how it works out going forward and I eagerly await the first steps for conditions support!
Any news when we can get updated source code? While I understand charactermancer is a pipeline clog, getting a fork of the sheet to fiddle with ourselves would be a reasonable hold over until we can at least get toggles for some variants rules or to be able to implement them ourselves if it is deemed to not ever be in the cards, including making it easier to get on top of homebrew rule implementation. I can only assume this hold up is due to code embarrassment.
Hey Nik B  Love the new Alchem options and the future conditions to be added into the sheet and thank you for posting the updates, as well as the charactermancer update!! :) Tom
Hi there, Sorry if the question's already been answered somewhere (if so, I couldn't find it): I bought Sundered Waves and realized there was a very cool option in the PC's inventory, that is being able to equip/unequip items. But I couldn't find how to add this ability to an item: is it only available for items from the compendium, or is it possible to add it to a "handmade" item?
Vel C. said: Hi there, Sorry if the question's already been answered somewhere (if so, I couldn't find it): I bought Sundered Waves and realized there was a very cool option in the PC's inventory, that is being able to equip/unequip items. But I couldn't find how to add this ability to an item: is it only available for items from the compendium, or is it possible to add it to a "handmade" item? To my knowledge, it is only on items dragged from the compendium.  
I know this has been asked but having a section for Ritual spells would be great! BTW, the Alchemy section is awesome!

Edited 1624496791
Is there any way to get the Skill Level Letter in the Sheet rolls so you can see it as U - Untrained, T - Trained, E - Expert... ? That would be great. Thank you. And great addition with the Alchemy stuff! (Oh the toggle buttons work backwards, Off is ON and On is off)
I know I'm the one who just suggested you posted here, but there is actually a way to do it: it's just not built in, and it has to be done individually by skill. The sheet has specific attributes for proficiency.  Specifically <skill>_proficiency, which is the total proficiency number, and <skill>_proficiency_display, which is the level of proficiency.  The only real problem is that the latter is blank if untrained. For example, I'm looking at a 5th level Bard.  Untrained Athletics and Expert Performance show: athletics_proficiency: 0 athletics_proficiency_display: _ (just a space, but just to show the value) performance_proficiency: 9 performance_proficiency_display: E So, you could put something like this in the notes of your Performance skill: Proficiency: @{performance_proficiency_display}@performance_proficiency}

Edited 1624501537
That would work as a player, but the sheet change i'm asking for is as a GM. Trying to tell players that can barely get onto roll20 how to do that before each game wouldn't really work. But good info to know. But that does bring up a good alias for it @occultism_proficiency_rank and so on for macro users.
Muerte said: Is there any way to get the Skill Level Letter in the Sheet rolls so you can see it as U - Untrained, T - Trained, E - Expert... ? That would be great. Thank you. And great addition with the Alchemy stuff! (Oh the toggle buttons work backwards, Off is ON and On is off) I noticed that as well, I shared a fix for it a few posts up: Persephone said: The second issue is fixed (alchemy section appearing at the bottom of other tabs), but the first one is still present. I was able to fix it manually by toggling all 3 sections off, going into the "toggles" attribute, and deleting the following text: ,poisons,elixirs,bombs Looks like this would need to be done on each sheet, though. As for the Proficiency tag on rolls, if you hover over the dice roll you will see the letter in the first iteration of the roll, after the "1d20cs20cf1 + ". So it would look something like this: Rolling 1d20cs20cf1 + [T](11)[MODIFIER] As Joel pointed out, there won't be a letter if the roll is untrained. Their suggestion was also something you could do as GM by directly editing the sheets of your players pre-session, and you'd only need to do it once. I do think it would be useful to have it appear in the chat output itself automatically, such as next to the roll result. I set up my group check macros that way:
How do I adress the bombs and other alchemical formulas with @{repeating_????_$0_name}?
As for the Proficiency tag on rolls, if you hover over the dice roll you will see the letter in the first iteration of the roll, after the "1d20cs20cf1 + ". So it would look something like this: Rolling 1d20cs20cf1 + [T](11)[MODIFIER] As Joel pointed out, there won't be a letter if the roll is untrained. Their suggestion was also something you could do as GM by directly editing the sheets of your players pre-session, and you'd only need to do it once. I do think it would be useful to have it appear in the chat output itself automatically, such as next to the roll result. I set up my group check macros that way: That's all good to know, but I run a lot of society games online with random players, so going through every table at every game and editing their sheet to include the display in every note of every skill isn't really feasible. Was just requesting/hoping that there would be a way to easily add it in the display of the roll,  if the variable for it is already in the system, just  a matter of making it show. I didn't think to point check the rolls, but that is a good backup if having it displayed won't ever get added.
The Switches for Bombs etc in the Alchemy Tab are wrong on is off and vice versa.
Hi Folks, We'll be putting together a hotfix for some of the Alchemy Tab bugs you have reported early next week. There will be some continuing releases to address some of the requests and feedback in this thread on the Alchemy features. There are some great ideas in here that you have all had, and we'll be doing some work to work out which ones are viable for us. I particularly want to shout out Persephone; your post was fantastic and gave us lots of food for thought. Thank you for the time you committed to providing this excellent feedback. It's very much appreciated. Adding Proficiency Tag to Rolls. This is a great idea for a feature, and I have created a ticket for it. We have a lot of work right now addressing core functionality on the sheet (as promised) but we will try and bring this into a sprint soon.
Good deal Nic, thanks for this heads up as well!! Tom
Even though I'm about to 'retire' my PFS alchemist, I still have two scenarios left to play over the summer, so the new Alchemy tab will be useful to me for a little bit, at least. I do have some questions and comments: 1) Could someone explain what the different fields and options do under the Alchemy Modifiers section? In particular, I don't quite understand what "Bonus Items" and "Level Boost" (under Crafting Modifiers) refer to, or the "Duration Multiplier" (under Elixir Modifier) either. 2) For bombs, there should be separate fields for splash damage and persistent damage, preferably with these specific labels. Right now, you can't use the "Misc" field for these, because it's amalgamated with the direct damage, which makes it hard to parse, especially when there's a critical hit. The "Additional Damage" field is also not ideal for this purpose, because the numbers are repeated between the result and the field description, which is confusing.
Nic B. said: Adding Proficiency Tag to Rolls. This is a great idea for a feature, and I have created a ticket for it. We have a lot of work right now addressing core functionality on the sheet (as promised) but we will try and bring this into a sprint soon. Thank you so very much. I'm sure many GMs and players will appreciate and enjoy this feature.
Feature Request: Chatbox colors Brief Description: Is it possible to make the 'neutral' character sheet option affect chat output? Or change chat output colors from gm privileges? I'm trying to get into pf2e, but the jarring colors are making it difficult. 
Not sure this is possible but my players use PFS and want a place to record downtime and reputation. Anyway something like this could be added to the details section. Maybe an amount, amount used and a total line.
Darkwynters said: Not sure this is possible but my players use PFS and want a place to record downtime and reputation. Anyway something like this could be added to the details section. Maybe an amount, amount used and a total line. You usually record downtime on your Chronicle sheets. As for the rest, I just use the Organizations field. Here is an example (the + indicates the currently slotted faction) : Organized Play: 150345-2004 Pathfinder Training: Scrolls (Library Lore) Reputation:   Envoy's Alliance: Liked (38)   Grand Archive: Ignored (4)+   Horizon Hunters: Liked (26)   Verdant Wheel: Liked (24)   Vigilant Seal: Liked (22) 
Sheet Issue When rolling an NPC's saving throw from an ability call (i.e. %{Name|FORT} ) the notes do not show in the roll, even when Show Notes in Rolls is toggled on in the sheet settings. Only rolling saving throws directly from the sheet shows the notes.

Edited 1625598768
Feature Request: Spells Tab Show/No Show Thinking like how alchemy is to have the tab show or not, I think for fighter characters or characters that don't have spells in general to be able to turn that off as well maybe (less clutter). Feature Request: Show Heightened Effects Limited Height If this could be limited height to scroll option like how notes are. Some spells with lots of heightened levels makes a lot of scroll. (Yes I know it can be turned completely off, but not the same for fast reference for a player that may not know or have it fully heightened). Thanks again for a great sheet and looking forward to seeing the skill proficiency update.

Edited 1625677950
Sheet Issue: Bonus to Roll on Spells While the Bonus to Roll prompt will come up for spells, the entered value does nothing. It'll show up in the formula, but not actually impact the spell attack roll. Below image is me entering a -10 as a test. The -10 shows up in the Bonus field, but the actual roll is just 13(Dice Roll)+10(spell attack)
In Focus spell section, it says Domain. Anyway this could be changed to a dropdown to include Mystery for Oracles. 
Feature Request: Alchemy on NPC Tab Can the alchemy be put on the NPC tab like a spell caster is for those NPC Alchemists?
Nelson V. said: Sheet Issue: Bonus to Roll on Spells While the Bonus to Roll prompt will come up for spells, the entered value does nothing. It'll show up in the formula, but not actually impact the spell attack roll. Below image is me entering a -10 as a test. The -10 shows up in the Bonus field, but the actual roll is just 13(Dice Roll)+10(spell attack) Looks like that's an issue with how the OTHER field is set up. If it's empty, everything after it in the formula gets ignored. Try setting it to 0.

Edited 1625874476
Muerte said: Feature Request: Spells Tab Show/No Show Thinking like how alchemy is to have the tab show or not, I think for fighter characters or characters that don't have spells in general to be able to turn that off as well maybe (less clutter). Feature Request: Show Heightened Effects Limited Height If this could be limited height to scroll option like how notes are. Some spells with lots of heightened levels makes a lot of scroll. (Yes I know it can be turned completely off, but not the same for fast reference for a player that may not know or have it fully heightened). Darkwynters said: In Focus spell section, it says Domain. Anyway this could be changed to a dropdown to include Mystery for Oracles.  +1 to all of these :) For the last one, maybe it could be made a text field instead? So it could be used for other Focus spell sources like Bloodline, Patron, Lesson, etc. Also, that field doesn't show in the chat output, either:
Idle question: how do you get the display to appear like that?  I mean the black/red on white background.  Mine all appear to be white on dark blue, with the reddish colors mixed in there too.
Joel F. said: Idle question: how do you get the display to appear like that?&nbsp; I mean the black/red on white background.&nbsp; Mine all appear to be white on dark blue, with the reddish colors mixed in there too. A combination of styles via the Stylus extension. The main one is this one by Mik, shared in a Roll20 thread: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/8049820/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/8049820/</a>
Persephone said: Nelson V. said: Sheet Issue: Bonus to Roll on Spells While the Bonus to Roll prompt will come up for spells, the entered value does nothing. It'll show up in the formula, but not actually impact the spell attack roll. Below image is me entering a -10 as a test. The -10 shows up in the Bonus field, but the actual roll is just 13(Dice Roll)+10(spell attack) Looks like that's an issue with how the OTHER field is set up. If it's empty, everything after it in the formula gets ignored. Try setting it to 0. You are correct, thank you very much!

Edited 1625967468
A combination of styles via the Stylus extension. The main one is this one by Mik, shared in a Roll20 thread: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/8049820/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/8049820/</a> While I did already have Stylus loaded (and Stylish before it was removed), for some reason it isn't using it.&nbsp; In fact, it's not using all of the current styles loaded.&nbsp; For some reason, it's restricting the list to three styles on the Roll20 page.&nbsp; There WAS an option set to three, but I don't think it applies (number of applies-to items)... and I already increased it to ten with no change after a reload of my browser. Ah well.&nbsp; I guess I'll suffer with having to squint at my screen.

Edited 1626232001
Super excited to see the built-in condition tracking! I really like how that's set up. I'm noticing a big oversight, though, in that penalties are stacking that shouldn't stack. Most conditions impose status penalties, and if multiple of those are applied to a character only the greatest of those penalties should apply to a given check/DC. A character who is frightened 1, sickened 1, clumsy 2, fatigued, and flat-footed should only have a –4 to AC (–2 status and –2 circumstance), but with the new condition tracking this is resulting in –7 to AC. I've been using custom attributes to handle conditions before now. If it's helpful at all, here's the kind of math I've used to make sure like modifiers don't stack: [[ ({&lt;status bonus&gt;,&lt;status bonus&gt;,&lt;status bonus&gt;... }k1 - {&lt;status penalty&gt;,&lt;status penalty&gt;,&lt;status penalty&gt;,... }k1)[STAT] + ({&lt;circumstance bonus&gt;,&lt;circumstance bonus&gt;,&lt;circumstance bonus&gt;,... }k1) - {&lt;circumstance penalty&gt;,&lt;circumstance penalty&gt;,&lt;circumstance penalty&gt;,... }k1)[CIRC] ]]
THANK YOU Roll20 Team for listening to us!!&nbsp; This helps us out a LOT and I'm sure you will tinker with this to get it just right from the above post, noting the longest condition takes pref over shorter time conditions as well.&nbsp; And would NPC';s be getting this to at some point? Thanks again!!!! Tom
+1 for npc conditions
I think it has something to do with Conditions, but when a character goes from encumbered to un-encumbered, there speed gets a +10 added to it. BUT Encumbered is not taking away 10 from the speed... So all the PCs are dropping / picking up thier weapons, and every time they do so, their speed is 10 higher! Please fix this bug, TY.&nbsp;
Persistent damage isn't rolled until the end of each of the effected creatures turns.&nbsp; In the alchemists bomb section persistent damage should not be placed in the damage section, or at least not in a way that it auto rolls, because it's going to be different from round to round.&nbsp; There should perhaps be a separate field for persistent damage.

Edited 1626407062
I just check out new condition feature. it seems like the penalty does not stack properly yet, but it just make me happy that it is there! thank you Roll20 team!&nbsp;&nbsp; and also +1 for NPC conditions&nbsp;🙏

Edited 1626373443
Played Cult of Cinders last night with my gamers. Two of the players got sickened 4 from eating hot peppers and having those conditions made the Fortitude saves perfect!!! Thank you for this addition. As a permanent DM: +1 for NPC conditions.