Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20

The books on the site include the PDF from Paizo, the work to put them into Roll 20, and the functionality that comes with it. As of now, it includes the Drag and Drop of most General and Skill feats onto the sheets and the spells. It will later (and yes, this has been an excruciatingly slow process IMO) include the charmancer (built in creation and leveling). If everything was working, it would be fine. They are exceptionally slow though, considering all of these things are currently selling points on products that have been available for nearly 2 and a half years. So, is the promise (maybe?) that all of the features will eventually be available on the products worth the value, perhaps. Is it there right now, not really. That being said, I am hopeful as I have bought the books and hopefully they fill in the Lost Omens line back catalog. 
OK, I'm just being sure I understand.  If I buy a book from Paizo and I come to Roll20 I have to spend that money again (plus some!) to be able to have this in my game?  There is a link between my account on Roll20 and Paizo (I think) so it isn't like Roll20 can't check that I have purchased the book and show me a discount on the Roll20 load.   And it could roll the other way, buy it in Roll20 and get a discount on Paizo.
I think there is a discount if you've already bought it on Paizo and vice-versa, but don't quote me on it.  I have not bought anything on here, for the same reason: I'm not particularly interested in paying twice for the same book.  Not when all of the information is available online anyway.  Buying on Roll20 essentially grants some additional limited convenience... and even then, you need to double-check things.  Because, for example, using a compendium to buy things for a Tiny character (a sprite) does not alter any of its information ... like its weight.  Where there's one issue, it means everything needs to be checked.
If you own the PDF on Paizo, you get a discount on Roll 20, if you buy it on roll 20, you get the PDF on Paizo (not a discount). The physical book does not impart the discount. 
Well jesus christ on a cracker. For 60 dollars they've got to be kidding me. Only partially functional and they want 140% hard back price tag? Good lord, that is some highway robbery. If it were like 15 bucks, sure. Maybe even drop a 20 on it. Yikers.
Jariath said: So, is the promise (maybe?) that all of the features will eventually be available on the products worth the value, perhaps. I definitely wouldn't buy it with the expectation that it'll ever happen. They likely thought PF2e was going to grab a much larger market share, and it hasn't compared to 5e, so they're not bothering to put the work into it.
Anything yet Roll20 on getting those conditions on the monster sheet yet??? Cheers Tom

Edited 1643974250
I don't know if this has already been brought up, but is there a way to seperate spells by spell level. I found this image online: And it's so much easier to parse than the current spell tab, where all spells are combined into one huge unwieldy list: I can only imagine what it will look like at higher levels when there are dozen of spells. Perhaps it might be better to have a section for each spell level, and a seperate section for signature spells.
A super simple "hack" to make it easier to categorize the spells by level is to simply add an empty spell entry with a name that functions as a line break. It could be "1st-level spells" or even just "*****". It'll create a visual line for your eyes to quickly differentiate between spell levels.
For my 16th level cleric,  I start the name of each spell with the level.  So I have 1_Heal, 1_Bless, 2_Heal, 2_Water Walk, 3_Heal, etc.  I also try to make the variables  (dmg mostly) of any spells I am likely to heighten tied to the current level of the spell.  So, Searing Light for example has a damage reading like this:   [[((@{current_level}*2)-1)]]d6]] And the following in the "Additional Damage field" [[[[((@{current_level}*2)-1)]]d6]] **Good** damage vs *Undead* or *Fiends* Thusly, I only need one version of each, because I can easily change the current level, and cast it appropriately with automatic rolls.   It slims my list down a little, but it is still insanely long.  
I'm pretty sure I've probably mentioned this before, but you can also have the code directly ask you.&nbsp; Here, for example, is the Other Damage code for my Bard's signature Soothe Spell (with 1d10+4 in the normal 'damage'): ?{What level|1,0|2,1d10+4|3,2d10+8|4,3d10+12} This technique, called a Roll Query , allows you to ask questions in the middle of a roll.&nbsp; If you have a default (like if you defaulted to casting at 4th level), you can simply reorder the entries and just change it if you're not using that one. For clerics Healing (or, I suppose, Harming) Divine Font, I have a different set of code.&nbsp; I don't remember where I originally got it, but I've made minor changes to it since anyway.&nbsp; For this, I leave the entire attack section off and include this in the DESCRIPTION text: }} {{header=Divine Font (Heal)}} {{subheader=[Healing](<a href="https://2e.aonprd.com/Traits.aspx?ID=89" rel="nofollow">https://2e.aonprd.com/Traits.aspx?ID=89</a>), [Necromancy](<a href="https://2e.aonprd.com/Traits.aspx?ID=117" rel="nofollow">https://2e.aonprd.com/Traits.aspx?ID=117</a>), [Positive](<a href="https://2e.aonprd.com/Traits.aspx?ID=128" rel="nofollow">https://2e.aonprd.com/Traits.aspx?ID=128</a>) }} {{roll01= ?{How many Actions are you using?| One, [ ](<a href="https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/928/assets/1130465/B1Act.png" rel="nofollow">https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/928/assets/1130465/B1Act.png</a>) **Restores** [[ [[ ceil( @{level} / 2) ]]d8 ]] hp to @{target|token_name}, **Range** Touch | Two,&nbsp; [ ](<a href="https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/928/assets/1130466/B2Act.png" rel="nofollow">https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/928/assets/1130466/B2Act.png</a>) **Restores** [[ [[ ceil( @{level} / 2 ) ]]d8 + [[ ceil( @{level} / 2 ) ]] * 8]] hp to @{target|token_name}, **Range** 30ft | Three, [ ](<a href="https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/928/assets/1130467/B3Act.png" rel="nofollow">https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/928/assets/1130467/B3Act.png</a>) **Restores** [[ [[ ceil( @{level} / 2 ) ]]d8 ]] hp to everyone within a 30 foot emanation} If you have characters who don't have names attached to their tokens, replace the 'target|token_name' with 'target|character_name' instead.&nbsp; (When I use this as part of a token command, I also use /fx, but that's neither here nor there).
Greg said: Jariath said: So, is the promise (maybe?) that all of the features will eventually be available on the products worth the value, perhaps. I definitely wouldn't buy it with the expectation that it'll ever happen. They likely thought PF2e was going to grab a much larger market share, and it hasn't compared to 5e, so they're not bothering to put the work into it. Yeah I kind of want my money back. They sold us Hardcover+ Prices on the promise of functionality they haven't added in years. They have now (if you check the store pages) removed those promises. It's very scummy. Roll20 has gotten big enough on the back of 5e to be able to ignore disgruntled customers. :(
Sebastian K. said: Greg said: Jariath said: So, is the promise (maybe?) that all of the features will eventually be available on the products worth the value, perhaps. I definitely wouldn't buy it with the expectation that it'll ever happen. They likely thought PF2e was going to grab a much larger market share, and it hasn't compared to 5e, so they're not bothering to put the work into it. Yeah I kind of want my money back. They sold us Hardcover+ Prices on the promise of functionality they haven't added in years. They have now (if you check the store pages) removed those promises. It's very scummy. Roll20 has gotten big enough on the back of 5e to be able to ignore disgruntled customers. :( It is still there, just have to look at the Bundle page. They are taking way to long though, it has been 2 1/2 years since release and we were told development started before that. They sold a product and failed to deliver.

Edited 1645397407
Jacob R.
Pro
Translator
Not sure if this is a bug in the sheet, or me entering stuff incorrectly. But why is the Chill Touch spell showing Spell DC as 11 when it should be 14. It's the same for all spells with a Saving Throw.
Jacob R. said: Not sure if this is a bug in the sheet, or me entering stuff incorrectly. But why is the Chill Touch spell showing Spell DC as 11 when it should be 14. It's the same for all spells with a Saving Throw. It's because you didn't set the relevant tradition to "Trained".
9 months ago you told us that drag and drop and charectermancer would be added and you lied still have not owned up to your promised.&nbsp; This is standard Roll20 lies.&nbsp; When will this happen?
This is quote that Roll20 stated, " “We’re not just building for Dungeons &amp; Dragons,” Lal said, “but we’re trying to build out for the entire tabletop RPG industry. We have hundreds of games on our platform that people are playing. I think we have 800 character sheets now. We have over 10,000 SKUs on our marketplace. And so while Dungeon &amp; Dragons is the biggest, there is more to it than just D&amp;D.” If this is a real promise then I would hope that PF2 starts getting some love. If I were Paizo I would be pulling my products off their site because they are not getting any real attention from Roll20.
LOVE the way the latest AP has all the NPC's and Monster token all push buttoned up for almost anything from the get go, keep it going please!! Any word yet on when/if you will add the conditions to the tokens or more likely the sheets just like the players have? Thanks Tom
Any word on when the charactermancer for Pathfinder 2e is gonna be live?
Feature Request Template Brief Description: Love the conditions added to the character sheet.&nbsp; Can these conditions be added to the NPC sheet as well? Also, can an "Effects" section similar to the conditions&nbsp;section be added for effects that help the characters like Bless or Inspire Courage? Thank you.&nbsp; Keep the improvements coming!
I haven't posted anything to this thread before, but I come here and check for updates from time to time. So I came tonight, to read the few posts since my last visit about a month ago, and I have to say that the thread is very telling. There is utter silence from the Roll20 team. It appears their last response here was Nic on 25 June of last year -- literally 9 months ago. In that time, there have been numerous feature requests, with no response. There have been numerous questions about the status of the charactermancer, with no response.&nbsp; Yes, I know there have been some welcome additions to the character sheet. There have even been several "thank yous" posted here for those additions, and guess what -- there has been no response even to those thank yous. I bought my core rulebook almost two years ago. It stated in the description that there would be a charactermancer. It would be nice if we could even just drag and drop backgrounds, ancestries, and heritages. Instead, if have to tell my players, "just find them in the compendium and then copy/paste them into the appropriate sections of your sheet," or maybe find them on Archives of Nethys and copy/paste from there. I now regret the $300+ I've spent on Pathfinder 2e content on this site. The complete lack of communication about the charactermancer over the last 9 months sure makes it seem like Roll20 has decided that D&amp;D 5e is their cash cow, and they are hitching their wagon to that. I certainly won't buy any more 2e content on this site, and at this rate I'd say there's a good chance I won't be running any more 2e games here, either. I doubt I'm the only one. We are to the point now where there is frequently a week, sometimes even 2 weeks, between posts on this thread. It seems most of us who wanted the charactermancer have just given up and decided to eat what's been dished up for us. or moved on to other places. If I thought there was any chance of even a partial refund, I would be asking for it. Instead I guess I'll live with the fact that I paid full hardcover price for digital content that has not fulfilled the promise it was offered with, and my consolation is that my $300 got me $90 worth of Paizo PDFs. Thanks, Roll20.

Edited 1648521817
Tom
Pro
I hear ya Derek and I'm sure many of us PF II' ers are so frustrated at times with no clear road map, being misdirected or totally wrong info from posts, Blogs and their twitch Roundtables they have done. I was hoping the new president, as was said would be much more transparent going forward on most everything here on Roll20, but nothing yet. My main issues with the sheets for PF II is NPC/Monster sheet Condition effects, then the 2+ years late charactermancer, they have said "they are still working on it if ones cares to look at a few of their Twitch/youtube roundtables, but still nothing concrete. A few stats if I may ( Ranked&nbsp; out of&nbsp; 110 &nbsp;Game&nbsp; Systems listed &nbsp;(Other games would add more as usual) /&nbsp; 1st &nbsp; % &nbsp;is active games played on Roll20,&nbsp; 2nd &nbsp; % &nbsp;is account profile for Roll20 users who select "enjoys Playing" and I beleave also? "Actively Seeking Group For" ) 1st Quarter Orr Report 2021 Ranked&nbsp; 4th &nbsp; / Pathfinder 1st Edition /&nbsp; 3.49% &nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp; 3.78% Ranked&nbsp; 5th &nbsp;Pathfinder 2nd Edition /&nbsp; 1.51% &nbsp;/&nbsp; 1.58% Ranked&nbsp; 11th &nbsp;Starfinder /&nbsp; .63%&nbsp; /&nbsp; .64% 2nd Quarter Orr Report 2021 Ranked&nbsp; 4th &nbsp;/&nbsp; Pathfinder 1st Edition /&nbsp; 2.98% &nbsp;/&nbsp; 3.28% Ranked&nbsp; 5th &nbsp;/ Pathfinder Second Edition /&nbsp; 1.56% &nbsp;/&nbsp; 1.67% Ranked&nbsp; 9th &nbsp;/ Starfinder /&nbsp;&nbsp; 0.70% &nbsp;/&nbsp; 0.71% 3rd Quarter Orr Report 2021 Ranked&nbsp; 4th &nbsp; / Pathfinder&nbsp; 3.24% &nbsp;/&nbsp; 3.41% Ranked&nbsp; 5th&nbsp; / Pathfinder Second Edition&nbsp; 1.44% &nbsp;/&nbsp; 1.52% Ranked&nbsp; 9th &nbsp;/ Starfinder&nbsp; 0.60% &nbsp; /&nbsp; 0.60% 4th Quarter Orr Report 2021 Ranked&nbsp; 4th &nbsp;/ Pathfinder First Edition /&nbsp; 3.33% &nbsp;/&nbsp; 3.56% Ranked&nbsp; 5th &nbsp;/ Pathfinder Second Edition /&nbsp; 1.41% &nbsp; /&nbsp; 1.47% Ranked&nbsp; 10th &nbsp;/ Starfinder /&nbsp; 0.56% &nbsp;/&nbsp; 0.56% Small numbers compared to 5th ed but still for 10 million users, still pretty good (and at one time it was up to 12.6 million users said from a blog post i beleave during Covid peak) That "Foun.." system is slowly taking over sadly so time is slipping away for Roll20 to do something about it. Having happy GM's and players with easy access and creating and running games would help and increase sales one would think. I'm here for the duration (been here since 2012) until they take away LDL then I'm gone if the new one is'nt fixed with the set and forget like LDL still is to this day. But I digress,&nbsp; Roll20, could you please give us a roadmap for the Pathfinder 2nd edition sheets future.&nbsp; "Working on it" just is'nt cutting it and you are losing PF II GM's and players. I am begging you here with all sincerity and respect. Thank you Tom and 42 of his players

Edited 1648582468
Yeah unless you have some massive technical debt the charactermancer should not have been that difficult to get up and running. You already have working charactermancers and I can't imagine that it would take years and years to adapt it to support a different sheet. If it does... how did you screw up so badly with the codebase or who is the one intern assigned to work on it on his off days?&nbsp; Hell Foundry VTT can import characters build on third party services via a JSON. If you can't do it, just make it an open source project and let the community get it up and running. There are definitely enough people with the coding background in the thousands of players who still are willing to give you the benefit of doubt on PF2. Advanced Players Guide drag and drop is also still missing for some godforsaken reason. I get that PF2 wasn't as big of a success on Roll20 as you hoped, but you sold us on hardcover prices with the promise of features that you are years late on delivering. Deliver or refund us the difference to the PDF prices.&nbsp;
Exactly, Tom and Sebastian. I'd happily take a refund-minus the $90ish-for PDFs. I get TONS of value out of the PDFs. I get very little value out of the Roll20 content. Why? Because I can't get players to play Pathfinder here.
Certain boxes such as description boxes for spells are way too small for ease of editing text. Can you make it an option to click and drag expand these boxes?
I don't really know where else to post but I submitted two bugs about the Roll20 PF2 NPC and PC sheets (hunting spider is missing a ranged attack, the Assisting Shot feat has the wrong text on the sheet) over six months ago , and while both were acknowledged and apparently forwarded to the development team, the bugs still persist. And there other other bugs and errors that I haven't submitted. What gives, Roll20?&nbsp;
when are you guys going to put the&nbsp;Charactermancer cuz been a long while since you says working on it&nbsp;

Edited 1652138381
Aizen said: when are you guys going to put the&nbsp;Charactermancer cuz been a long while since you says working on it&nbsp; Been over 3 years, don't hold your breath. It is still "a vibrant Charactermancer is actively in development" per the store page, but I kind of think after 3 years all PF2 store purchases should be refunded based on this lie, considering production was in development since before release and it is still not here.
Jariath said: Aizen said: when are you guys going to put the&nbsp;Charactermancer cuz been a long while since you says working on it&nbsp; Been over 3 years, don't hold your breath. It is still "a vibrant Charactermancer is actively in development" per the store page, but I kind of think after 3 years all PF2 store purchases should be refunded based on this lie, considering production was in development since before release and it is still not here. i agree with everything you just said and more&nbsp;
Drag and drop spell DC's from any compendium is now broken (Does not add in correctly) in old and new games, please FIX ASAP!! SIGH......... Tom
Aizen said: Jariath said: Aizen said: when are you guys going to put the&nbsp;Charactermancer cuz been a long while since you says working on it&nbsp; Been over 3 years, don't hold your breath. It is still "a vibrant Charactermancer is actively in development" per the store page, but I kind of think after 3 years all PF2 store purchases should be refunded based on this lie, considering production was in development since before release and it is still not here. i agree with everything you just said and more&nbsp; It seems their definition of "Active" is not the same as our own.&nbsp; There is still no drag and drop for classes, ancestries, class features, and the like so everything has to be manually entered.&nbsp; It still won't update your character sheet based on your level for class features that you get (like when your proficiencies increase).&nbsp; Compared to Foundry for example it is so lacking, there are better PDF sheets with more functionality.
Are there good (aka simple to follow and understand) tutorials out there for putting up a PFS2 3rd-year game on Roll20?&nbsp; Failing that is there a kind soul here that would be able to step me thru the process of setting up such a game, and then how to place characters in the game for the simple drop on the player map and the running cool battles? This will be my first Roll20 GM gig.&nbsp; Played here a lot, and like the system.&nbsp; But not been on the other side of the GM screen. for a commercial module.&nbsp;
If you haven't already, join the Organized Play Online discord server .&nbsp; I'm afraid I can't really help much more than that, as I have never finished setting up a game myself.&nbsp; However, you may be able to find games already set up, loanable from the original authors.&nbsp; Check the GM Help channel to get a link to the lending library, though I don't guarantee anything.&nbsp; If you don't find it there, you can probably ask on the same channel.
Conditions on NPC/Monster sheets please, at least post something about this, doable, not going to happen, looking into it, some thing, anything please Thanks Tom
This needs to happen ASAP! Tom said: Conditions on NPC/Monster sheets please, at least post something about this, doable, not going to happen, looking into it, some thing, anything please Thanks Tom
How do most people keep track of immunities on Player Character sheets? For NPCs there are different sections (@{weaknesses} @{immunities} @{resistances}) which is all fine and dandy, but weaknesses and immunities on PC sheets are just the one box (@{resistances_and_immunities}). I'm working with Scriptcards to make a 2e menu and I'd like to have the option to factor in resistances and immunities to damage rolls. If there's a standard way that people have been doing that for their character sheets I'd love to hear it. I would also love maybe a drop-down menu to choose between resistance and immunity, and a separate box for the value of resistance (or weakness).
How do I get the keen effect to happen on a strike? I want to see the roll crit on a 19.
Zack B. said: How do most people keep track of immunities on Player Character sheets? I don't know anything about ScriptCards, having not even heard of it before today, and also not having access to the API, so I won't really be able to help you with that.&nbsp; For PCs, though, I usually let the players handle that -- if they are immune to something, they let me know (or I let my GMs know).&nbsp; That said, I'm not sure there are that many immunities out there at the PC level. Kevin G. said: How do I get the keen effect to happen on a strike? I want to see the roll crit on a 19. I don't believe there is a way to implement Keen directly on the sheet.&nbsp; You would probably have to take the attack to a (token) macro instead.&nbsp; There it'd be fairly easy to fix.

Edited 1656983894
Appreciate it, thanks Joel F. said: Kevin G. said: How do I get the keen effect to happen on a strike? I want to see the roll crit on a 19. I don't believe there is a way to implement Keen directly on the sheet.&nbsp; You would probably have to take the attack to a (token) macro instead.&nbsp; There it'd be fairly easy to fix.
I just imported my 1st 2e character to a game and was setting up my macro bar and testing out the conditions.&nbsp; I love how it updates all the pertinent numbers, etc. I now find myself with no temporary conditions but a 1- temporary modifier on everything. Nearly all the numbers are wrong in Attributes &amp; Abilities tab, and no condition has a value &gt; 0. Reloading the page and relogging doesn't fix the issue. Is there something I can do to fix this, short of re-importing my character?
Scott W. said: I just imported my 1st 2e character to a game and was setting up my macro bar and testing out the conditions.&nbsp; I love how it updates all the pertinent numbers, etc. I now find myself with no temporary conditions but a 1- temporary modifier on everything. Nearly all the numbers are wrong in Attributes &amp; Abilities tab, and no condition has a value &gt; 0. Reloading the page and relogging doesn't fix the issue. Is there something I can do to fix this, short of re-importing my character? Check the attributes tab and look for any attribute related to conditions that still show a value of 1, then manually change it to 0. If it's affecting everything, it's likely either frightened or sickened. The conditions feature has been buggy since it was added (multiple penalties stack where they shouldn't), and there hasn't been a fix in months, so sadly it's probably best to just not use them.
ANYTHING on the Charactermancer and the Conditions for NPC/Monster sheet Roll20?? Come on man give something, anything please! Thanks Tom
Tom said: ANYTHING on the Charactermancer and the Conditions for NPC/Monster sheet Roll20?? Come on man give something, anything please! Thanks Tom We been begging for these for a long time. Like, years. Communication, timelines. It was nice to get the day one of Dark Archive, and a backlogged item recently, but these two things should have been done at release. Or, at least the charactermancer, and then NPC conditions a month after PC conditions.
Eh, I guess I don't know what I'm missing.&nbsp; I don't use a Charactermancer anywhere else.&nbsp; Heck, the only times I use a compendium, I have to check the data in it because it may not compensate for my situation.&nbsp; Like, say, playing a Sprite (a tiny character) which changes weights across the board. I am kind of annoyed we're not getting at least some communication (or, at least fixing the problems), but what can you do?
Well, going to have a look at foundry and see what that offers. I just cant wait for roll20 to get to anything outside of another addon for 5e.&nbsp;

Edited 1660499154
Yeah I finally gave up on Roll20 and switched to Foundry... it's a lot better in almost every respect than Roll 20. It's cheaper, it comes with everything under the Pathfinder OGL. You can easily customize how much things are automated with modules. The only downside is fiddling with port forwarding to host it on your machine or having to pay for a hosting service, which then cost about the same as Roll 20. You have to manually create tokens for the monsters because they don't have the rights to the official art work, but if you like using your own artwork anyway it's not really a downside.&nbsp;

Edited 1674690617
Feature Request Brief Description: 1. Global modifiers for example as it's done in the dnd 5e character sheet. With features like this (check and uncheck modifiers), it would be more convenient than typing bouns damage every time with an optional option like it's done now or putting it in an additional damage field. 2. Weapons with finesse trait would check if the character has more dex than str and apply attack modifiers according to result. 3. Additional fields for counting resources. (now I'm using shield hp for counting arrows if characters don't use shields) 4. Weapon traits and conditions in the description of abilities are linked in chat to compendium if dragged from it in the first place. Screenshots: 1. Global modifiers option on in 5e sheet for reference: 2. Finesse weapon dragged from compendium now: 3. Optional addable fields from the 5e sheet as a good example: 4. Linking weapons traits using handouts in my games for example:
Pathfinder 2E Sheet Layout Default is currently causing all text boxes / QTY fields etc to display in white text font. Switching to neutral temporarily fixes it.
So ... owning several PDF in my Paizo account only let me buy it AGAIN here with a small discount ?? Granted it was a bunddle, but still ... I legally own the PDF now and I can't use it on the compendium (it was advertised nowhere that it wouldn't works). Just so you know in case you want to buy the bunddle too ... it doesn't works with Roll20 :'(