Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20

The Orr Group and Paizo are completely different companies.  It's perfectly natural that they (both) would charge for their services.  And why would Paizo or Humble Bundle advertise where it can and can't be used?  Especially when you consider the latter is overwhelmingly more than the former? The fact that they only give you a slight discount is also why most of the advice on the internet is not to buy from Roll20. That said, until recently, you'd be correct - the only way to get that stuff into your games would be to buy from Roll20.  Or, you know, just put in links to AoN.  However, within the last month, Roll20 rolled out  In Journal PDFs .  Now you can load PDFs directly into Roll20.
Is there any update on pathfinder support for the charactermancer? 
On positive side, at least if you got all books from humble bundle for cheap, its still cheaper to buying both humble bundle and discounted roll20 modules than if you had bought each of them separately from roll20 in first place
Jaden R. said: Is there any update on pathfinder support for the charactermancer?  please say yes there is now 
On positive side, at least if you got all books from humble bundle for cheap, its still cheaper to buying both humble bundle and discounted roll20 modules than if you had bought each of them separately from roll20 in first place Was there a delay in these discounts applying? My Strength of Thousands PDFs in roll20 still say 24.99 despite my paizo account being successfully linked and the pairing refreshed.
The discount should be applied, on the main store page (for me), it shows the regular price. When I click the product for the details it would cost me $10.60. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Kevin L. said: On positive side, at least if you got all books from humble bundle for cheap, its still cheaper to buying both humble bundle and discounted roll20 modules than if you had bought each of them separately from roll20 in first place Was there a delay in these discounts applying? My Strength of Thousands PDFs in roll20 still say 24.99 despite my paizo account being successfully linked and the pairing refreshed. For many (most?) online retailers discounts are applied either when you go to purchase the product or near the end of the purchasing process, not on the page listing the product. Based on what Jariath said that sounds like what is happening here. 
Yeah, it shows on the specific item, but not on the shopping page.
Jaden R. said: Is there any update on pathfinder support for the charactermancer?  Would also like to know about this. Bought the sale bundle not realizing it didn't have this yet. Trying to switch players from 5e to Pathfinder 2e on here. Will be extremely difficult without a Charactermancer.
Good luck. They have been promising this for years. I finally gave up on it and switched to Foundry.  Honestly hope WotC stop supporting 3rd party platforms and just force everyone to use their inhouse virtual table top for 6th edition. That might finally give Roll20 the desperately needed kick in the rear.
That's really disappointing to hear. I've been using Roll20 for years now and was hoping to keep everyone on the same platform. I guess I don't have a choice but to look elsewhere.

Edited 1663595058
Gauss
Forum Champion
My solution to the Charactermancer (or lack thereof) is to hyperlink everything players may need in character sheets and handouts. Then provide a guideline for building a character. It takes a lot of work at the front end, but I find the result is more satisfying than any auto-character generator such as the Roll20 Charactermancer or DnD Beyond.  It is my experience auto-character generators deprive players of learning about the game system and options.  I put it all in a "Character Creation" game so I don't have to reinvent the wheel every time.  This is an example (using my 5e game, I stopped playing PF after 1st edition).  Each class has the class options hyperlinked in the Bio and Info tab of the relevant class sheet.  The class basics are pre-set up on the character sheet. I spin off a copy of the class for the player to use.  Then they select other elements such as race etc. and drag/drop those from the compendium 
I was looking at the github and noticed that the latest changes (like the default conditions and general fixes) are missing from the repository? Would it be possible to get an update there as well? Or am I missing something somewhere?
Er... what GitHub/Repository are you talking about?
The one mentioned in the help-center: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets</a>
Playing pf2e for the first time. Was SHOCKED to learn there is no way to mark a spell as prepared or not prepared. How could a simple thing like this not be in the sheet?
The spell sheet has a “Daily Uses” column where you can mark the quantity of your prepared spells.
As Bryan said, that's the Daily Uses columns.&nbsp; You can enter numbers in it, like, for example, if you've prepared two Searing Lights.
Still waiting on any news for conditions on NPC Monster sheets please,&nbsp; And again the PF II charactermancer Tom
So I'm going to be picking up Savage Critical on my Fighter when I level next.&nbsp; I'd like a way for it to show a critical on a 19-20 instead of just 20.&nbsp; Someone asked that above and the answer was to make a macro.&nbsp; Well I'm not too familiar with Macros.&nbsp; I've figured out how to make one that makes it look just like a pressed the attack button from my character sheet without having to click my icon first.&nbsp; However, I can't figure out how to change the critical of the roll. I've tried adding it like this: &nbsp;{@{1d20cf&gt;19cf1} And this: [[1d20cs&gt;19cf1]] And a few other different ways but I can't get it to work.&nbsp; I know how to make a basic one that will work but it just shows one digit and not everything else it normally shows.&nbsp; For example if I use the basic one, which works, it ends up looking like this: And that's all the information it shows.&nbsp; But what I want it to show is all the stuff it normally does when you roll from a character sheet like this: This is what I have currently that replicates the above pic but I can't figure out how to make it crit on a 19-20: %{Character Name|repeating_melee-strikes_-N4Er90igee9AwSDdei8_ATTACK-DAMAGE} Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated.&nbsp; Thanks!&nbsp; =)
Recently applied the Sickened condition to a character during Fistful of Flowers and it couldn't be removed until both player and GM refreshed the page.&nbsp; Afterwards, it had applied 4 floating temporary bonuses to everything on the character sheet!?

Edited 1670181774
The 'cs' is what you're looking for.&nbsp; So changing the roll to CS&gt;19 will work.&nbsp; The problem you're having is because that code (the repeating_melee_strikes one) is just calling the native one on the sheet.&nbsp; Since the sheet cannot change what's considered a critical, it won't do it there either.&nbsp; You will have to create a macro (actually, three) and probably attach it to the token.&nbsp; Luckily, this is fairly easy to do if you don't mind changing it every time the numbers change (i.e. every time you level or every time your stats change).&nbsp; It would technically also change every time conditions like frightened would apply, but there's a way to do that -- you just have to keep track of what's changing.&nbsp; There ARE ways that you could set it and forget it, but it would require you to delve quite a bit deeper into the macro language. So, here's what you need to do.&nbsp; First, on your options, turn on Bonus to Roll and Bonus to Damage.&nbsp; These will be how you 'simulate' things like Frightened (and, for that matter, Inspire Courage). Next, flip back to your character page and make an attack.&nbsp; (You will probably have to do this series again for attacks 2 and 3.&nbsp; There IS a way to make this only one macro, but, again, this requires a bit of a dive into the code.) Go to the chat archive's input box.&nbsp; Press the &lt;Up Arrow&gt;.&nbsp; The actual code just executed (i.e. your attack) will appear.&nbsp; Press &lt;Control-A&gt; to select all of it.&nbsp; Press &lt;Control-X&gt; to 'cut' it. Now, switch to a text editor (like Notepad) of some kind.&nbsp; Press &lt;Control-V&gt; to 'paste' in the code you just 'cut' in the previous step.&nbsp; Use &lt;Control-F&gt; or just your Mark 1 Eyeball to find the d20 roll.&nbsp; It will look something like this (taken from one of my own characters): roll01=[[1d20cs20cf1 + [E] 14[@{Qrak Glassjaw|text_modifier}] This is how the sheet creates your actual attacks.&nbsp; See that '14' in there?&nbsp; That's because Qrak's current &nbsp;attack bonus is +14.&nbsp; That's also why you need to change it every time you level or the relevant stats change.&nbsp; Here is the equivalent code from the same character making the same attack, but you can see it's a bit more complicated: roll01=[[ 1d20cs20cf1 + @{selected|level}[Level] + @{selected|weapon_proficiencies_martial_rank}[Martial Weapon Proficiency] + @{selected|dexterity_modifier}[Dexterity] + 1[Weapon Potency]&nbsp; But, just to get back to yours, you need to do two things: 1) Change the cs20 in the there to cs19, and 2) search and replace all occurrences of your character's name (in my case Qrak Glassjaw) with the word selected. Then make a 'copy' (&lt;Control-C&gt; of this new command -- make sure you get all of it -- in your text editor and flip back to roll20.&nbsp; Go all the way to the top of your sheet and click the tab next to "Character Sheet," the one labeled "Attributes &amp; Abilities".&nbsp; You want the right column, Abilities.&nbsp; Click the +ADD button and it will add something to the section below it.&nbsp; Click the Show as Token Action checkbox, then click the thing that looks like a pencil icon.&nbsp; Change the header (which will probably be something like New Ability 0) to whatever you want to call this button.&nbsp; Then, in the larger text box, 'paste' the text you copied out of your text editor.&nbsp; Click the 'check' symbol (which should have replaced the pencil) to close the macro. Then click elsewhere on the table and click again on your token.&nbsp; The new button should appear.&nbsp; If you click it, it should come out with a roll looking exactly like the old one, but will hilite in green if you get a 19 or a 20. Hopefully, this helps.&nbsp; If not, I'm willing to try further.
I like the Kingmaker sheet option you added Roll20!! Thanks as thats a big help for playing and running this. :) Tom
Now can we get conditions on Monster/NPC sheets?
3+ years at this point, still no charactermancer, been way to long since we had an update here. Conditions on NPC sheet? Is there going to be any news? What is going on?&nbsp;
I did contact the helpdesk about the character sheet code, in hopes to be able to fix some of these issues on my own. But they do not wish to release it to the github for some reason. There is the two year old sheet still, but feels bad to have to redo changes they have made already :/
Yep still the silence for PF II sadly, last I heard of an "official reply" was once they get all the revamped stuff up and running the sheets will be able to change more things. But I have heard that before and still waiting&nbsp; on NPC/Monster conditions, Charactermancer and other quality of Pf II sheet life, lets hope for not a to long of a "silent" wait, but ya know....... Tom
Third Printing Errata Compendium Update please!&nbsp; The Spirit Instinct Barbarian is still listing 2 &lt; 4 damage when he should be 2 &lt; 3 damage for raging.
I've gone ahead and requested a refund for my CRB, due to the lack of progress or communication about the charactermancer. I doubt they'll refund me, but perhaps it will attract some official attention back to this thread...
Also concerned why we still can't drag-and-drop from the compendium for Advanced Player Guide content.&nbsp; Is this going to be rectified?
Is there a way to create some specific buffs on this sheet?&nbsp; Like if I want to click on a button and apply the effects of Rage on my character, or a simple way to turn the bonuses for Inspire Courage on/off?
ZeroTheNothing#7141 said: Is there a way to create some specific buffs on this sheet?&nbsp; Like if I want to click on a button and apply the effects of Rage on my character, or a simple way to turn the bonuses for Inspire Courage on/off? Not as far as I am aware.&nbsp; I normally just turn on the Add to Roll and Add to Damage checkboxes if I need them.
There have been quite a few grumbles and complaints here, and it seems like this would be an appropriate time to point this out, posted... about 10 minutes ago as of this writing: End-of-Year AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Roll20 Chief Technology Officer Morgan Buck Runs tomorrow (12/20) from 15:30 to 16:30 Pacific Time.&nbsp; You can post questions ahead of time if you want.
Question was asked by a few, no answer was given. The answer was basically I want, but have nothing to give.
Hi, I recently bought Kingmaker AP, just to discover how poor the compendium is. I'm new to all of this (only finished Pathfinder AP preview), and I want to ask if I need to buy "Core Rulebook" to have items like basic swords or potions in the compendium, or do I really need to put every single equipment item manually?
The AP would only have the specific unique stuff to the AP as well as the maps and campaign specific baddies. Everything else would need to come from the core content. So, yes, you would still need the core rulebook at the very least for the AP if you want easy access to stuff. Or, play with the AON open in another tab?
Kind of a shout out to roll20. But I really hope you are ramping up the work on your PF2 proper compendium and character builder. With the recent actions of WoTC and their plans for 3rd party publishers (OGL1.1)....I wont be supporting 5E or any further content from WoTC, and personally will not be running any further DnD games. I would prefer to stay with roll20 because of it's familiarity, but am already looking at foundry and fantasy grounds. I have spent more $$ on those tools in the last 6 months just to learn them, then I have in roll20 game content or subscriptions (which is currently cancelled). So, I really hope as a company, you start to give greater focus to other games and systems, as (IMO) staying locked at the hip with WoTC is not a healthy long term strategy.
Hey guys!!! With the recent BS from WoTC i will no longer use any material from them, so im really excited to play pathfinder 2e! But…….. we really need charactermancer! Please theres a lot of fans waiting for this, basically your loosing money each day your not done with this work, ive seen that it says you guys are working on it sonce 2020 😅😅😅😅 come on you guys, m so eager to start to play this, but im afraid that since im too use to the unmentionable game it will be hell without a charactermancer!
Request do to the system uses a lot of sub selections for creating pc and npcs. Review of database entry of&nbsp; Architypes, species,&nbsp; for sub drop down menus!? For drag &amp; dropping into sheets. This maybe a quality of life request ...
Archiko. said: Hey guys!!! With the recent BS from WoTC i will no longer use any material from them, so im really excited to play pathfinder 2e! But…….. we really need charactermancer! Please theres a lot of fans waiting for this, basically your loosing money each day your not done with this work, ive seen that it says you guys are working on it sonce 2020  come on you guys, m so eager to start to play this, but im afraid that since im too use to the unmentionable game it will be hell without a charactermancer! 2019, not 2020. Do not give them that grace period. It is undeserved.
My group is officially starting on Foundry with Pathfinder 2e...one last session on Roll20 to close out our 5e campaign. Thank you for the good times Roll20, but you really dropped the ball in staying laser focused on one system for too long.
There really needs to be a charactermancer and drag &amp; drop. I run 5E games for a wide variety of people and would love to try PF2. But those too things are critical to getting younger people and people who are not going to spend hours learning the ins and outs of character creation, to play a game. Things that lower the barrier to entry should be a top priority. Especially right now, with so many people looking at alternatives to WOTC.
Someone asked about it a year ago and it's not a feature, thought I'd bring it up again: In the Alchemy tab, there's a place for Bombs, Elixirs, and Poisons, but not for Ammunition (such as Black Powder and Glue Bullets) and Tools (such as Sunrods, Smokesticks, and Tindertwigs). These are formulas as well and should probably go in their own section, perhaps underneath the others.
Sean E. said: There really needs to be a charactermancer and drag &amp; drop. I run 5E games for a wide variety of people and would love to try PF2. But those too things are critical to getting younger people and people who are not going to spend hours learning the ins and outs of character creation, to play a game. Things that lower the barrier to entry should be a top priority. Especially right now, with so many people looking at alternatives to WOTC. been asking for this too&nbsp;
Its been a long time and have been a strong supporter of Roll20, and even though there is a sale on Paizo books but where are the charactermancer that was promised years ago? Come on roll20, give us something here so we from the dnd community can drop dnd and move on to Pathfinder!! Give us the charactermancer already!!&nbsp; Its to encourage more new players to give it a try other than copy and paste, thats boring.

Edited 1674243008
You might notice that the thread title has Q2Y2021 in it (and the first post was last update then too), which suggests that there's been little development in the past 18 months on this character sheet, so there's little hope of getting a charactermancer any time soon.

Edited 1674324405
You're probably right... but considering the flood change that is underway from D&amp;D 5E to PF2E it seems like a really really good time to quickly stand up a charactermancer... just sayin'... unless of course they just want to lose everyone to Forge or Fantasy Grounds.. which presumably is another strategy. Would be a shame though.
I'm not sure they really COULD just suddenly put out a charactermancer.&nbsp; I suspect they've been caught with their pants down, so to speak.&nbsp; They wouldn't be the only company in that situation.
Any updates on the PF2e charactermancer option? With the OGL fiasco, I'm looking into Pathfinder as an alternative to 5e - and it would really help with character creation for PF2e.&nbsp;