Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5E (2024) Character Sheet & Builder by Roll20

Hello. Would it be possible to edit the damage in the new file? It is essential to put certain formulas that calculate the damage correctly having certain feats. In this case, {1d8, 1d8}k1 is not possible to put it in the 2024 character file.
Users should have reasonable access to every value in the sheet, and to every template the sheet uses. Giving that access costs nothing, denying that access costs the customizability and user expression in game interface. This is bad.
Yes, my advice is this:  Duplicate and archive your character sheets. I noticed this problem on day one (and reported it several times) and I started making backups, and since then I've had 5 or more character sheets wiped clean and just as many instances of duplicated skills (thank god I was able to recover them because I made copies). I can live with an unfinished Builder and without the level up function, but the moment the character sheet starts to live its own life, resetting all the data entered and causing multiple glitches, it really becomes unplayable. A lot of drag-and-drop items don't work so well, even for equipment (like Explorer's Pack v2024). Just crazy how bad it is.  Jeff M. said: Bianca said: Pedro S. said: Bug report here. When testing out recreating a character from 2014 with the new 2024 stuff, the character sheet is showing 2 of every skill. I think it's because I tried adding a second class? Also, the hit-point section in the compact version dose not show the death saving throws as it's meant to. We have a ticket open for death saves, sorry about that. We'll look into the double skills -- were you multiclassing, or did you change your class midway through the builder? My sheet (which was fine and mostly working last Tuesday), now has double skills listed, had the class and background removed, had all my abilities reset to 10, Unarmored Defense no longer works, the attacks section is blank except for Unarmed even though I have weapons in inventory and they're toggled on. It took all afternoon Tuesday to get the sheet working mostly. I really don't want to have to go through the whole process again.
why cant we add blessed warrior on paladin instard of the fighting style 
Pedro S. said: Another bug here: Warlock Pact Magic is not showing the correct spell slots. It's supposed to show two slots that increases in level as you level up until you get a third later on. Instead, at 3rd level, it's showing 2 slots in the 1st level spells and 2 slots in the 2nd level spells. Additionally, invocations do not show up for warlocks in character creation and can't be dragged in. That's their main thing in my opinion. I reported the pact slot issue on day 1, and had reported the invocation issue as well, but then did find that the invocations can be chosen during character creation, but it is not intuitive and it his hidden behind tab like selections.
I came here to report bugs but it seems like everyone else has the same gripes: super lag, non-intuitive, duplicate entries (three sets of skills!), extra steps to add/delete items, horrible attack/damage text, loss of macros and API scripts (stop pointing us to the Advanced Tools section without showing us how to restore our macros), and lots and lots of frustration.  I am a DM with more than 10 years on Roll20 as a Pro subscriber because it is the best VTT out there IMO, so why are you adapting the D&D Beyond format?  
Jim W. said: Georges K. said: How can I add a custom “Effect” in the new sheet? One of my players has the ability to add poison damage to all their unarmed attacks, and I know that via the “Effects” part of the sheet, I could add it for them. However, I don’t see a way to create a custom one. Is it possible? Click the + on Combat, then select effect and enter details? Though would it not make more sense to add it as an extra damage type on unarmed strikes... as the above seems to be pointless! Hey Jim, Thank you very much. I didn’t realize that the “+”, in combat part, is an open sheet for everything in there. It worked perfectly. I’m not sure what you mean by it being pointless. I’ve created an effect that gives the player a 1d4+2 to every attack when they activate it, which works for the situation as this damage is actually a poison damage he throws from his mouth. Of course, it won’t work for ranged attacks, but then the player just needs to turn the effect off. If he forgets, you can see the 1d4+2 roll in the chat
So, the other day, I created a 1st level fighter. I decided this morning to take a look at what was actually on the sheet. First of all, resizing the sheet doesn't work - things get covered up since not everything scales properly: You can see that the items on the right are partially covered by the details in the middle column.  You'll also notice on the sheet it says "No masteries". That's wrong - 1st level fighters get 2. The character builder didn't give me any of the starting equipment so I tried to load it from the compendium. The compendium is very confusing with 2014 and 2024 items listed, along with items that are in both SRDs, and elsewhere. I then tried to drag Studded Leather Armor to my sheet. It didn't look like anything happened. When I looked on the Inventory page (which took me about 10 minutes to find) I saw it was there. But, nothing was said. The game previously would show a message that said something like "Accepting item from the compendium" or something similar - I don't remember the exact wording. But no message now appears. I then moved a shortsword and Scimitar from the compendium onto the sheet. Looking at it on the details screen, everything appeared to be there... but still the sheet showed "No masteries" even though the shortsword has "Vex", and the Scimitar has "Nick". I switched to the "Combat" tab and it showed the attacks for both Dex and Str so that was good. But, the "Inventory" tab disappeared: I continued loading the starting equipment from the Compendium and didn't have a problem until I got to the Dungeoneer's Pack. No matter what I did, it wouldn't show up in the Inventory. I also should have gotten 2 languages, and Thieves Cant. I tried to load them from the Compendium, and couldn't. I tried to enter them manually, but could only enter 1 language - there was no way to add more: Then I started to add the items I got from my background. That included Thieves' Tools - no problem added, and 2 daggers. I added one dagger, and then found how to edit it to indicate I had 2 of them. But, after entering the quantity, it didn't autochange the weight which the 2014 sheet did. All in all, this was a slow and painful process, and not everything could be added or accomplished. This is so bad... I really thing all the 2024 things should be pulled from the site - the sheet, the Compendium, etc. until it's all ready for use because right now, it's not.
Saul J. said: So, the other day, I created a 1st level fighter. I decided this morning to take a look at what was actually on the sheet. First of all, resizing the sheet doesn't work - things get covered up since not everything scales properly: You can see that the items on the right are partially covered by the details in the middle column.  You'll also notice on the sheet it says "No masteries". That's wrong - 1st level fighters get 2. The character builder didn't give me any of the starting equipment so I tried to load it from the compendium. The compendium is very confusing with 2014 and 2024 items listed, along with items that are in both SRDs, and elsewhere. I then tried to drag Studded Leather Armor to my sheet. It didn't look like anything happened. When I looked on the Inventory page (which took me about 10 minutes to find) I saw it was there. But, nothing was said. The game previously would show a message that said something like "Accepting item from the compendium" or something similar - I don't remember the exact wording. But no message now appears. I then moved a shortsword and Scimitar from the compendium onto the sheet. Looking at it on the details screen, everything appeared to be there... but still the sheet showed "No masteries" even though the shortsword has "Vex", and the Scimitar has "Nick". I switched to the "Combat" tab and it showed the attacks for both Dex and Str so that was good. But, the "Inventory" tab disappeared: I continued loading the starting equipment from the Compendium and didn't have a problem until I got to the Dungeoneer's Pack. No matter what I did, it wouldn't show up in the Inventory. I also should have gotten 2 languages, and Thieves Cant. I tried to load them from the Compendium, and couldn't. I tried to enter them manually, but could only enter 1 language - there was no way to add more: Then I started to add the items I got from my background. That included Thieves' Tools - no problem added, and 2 daggers. I added one dagger, and then found how to edit it to indicate I had 2 of them. But, after entering the quantity, it didn't autochange the weight which the 2014 sheet did. All in all, this was a slow and painful process, and not everything could be added or accomplished. This is so bad... I really thing all the 2024 things should be pulled from the site - the sheet, the Compendium, etc. until it's all ready for use because right now, it's not. Hi Saul, If you look closely, you will see the Master shows 0/3 which means you can have up to 3 masteries from your fighter class. You can add them from the compendium, bear in mind thou that you may find a specific weapon mastery like Longbow Mastery, but that won't work since the rules for 2024 grouped together the weapons, as you mentioned, Vex and Nick are examples, you can search for them and drag-drop to the sheet. This is just another part of the sheet they need to adjust when creating a character, you shouldn't have to add it from the compendium.   Regarding the language, you can add more than one unless there is some limitation in place because of your class or intelligence, but when trying to add a new one it will automatically display the last one you added, you can delete that and write the language you want, then it will show the right now. Another UX bug they will need to solve it. 
Hi There, Is there a possibility to recalc the sheet. My already existing character still does not add the Con-Mod. KRr, Andy Bianca said: Sep. 18 Releases D&D 2024 Character Sheet & Builder Updates: Based on community feedback, we have updated the default PC sheet layout to the compact version; you can still toggle back to the standard layout via "Manage Sheet" settings Fixed a bug where your CON modifier was not being added to your hit points Added attributes for classes and skills for Macros. Custom skills can be accessed using the skill name in all lowercase and whitespace replaced with an underscore (e.g. `a_custom_skill_bonus`) Fixed a bug where spells chosen within the builder were not correctly adding Spell Ability in the attack on the character sheet Fixed a bug where Healing spells would display with an empty name in the Combat tab when they we're dropped onto the sheet Fixed a bug where some immunities granted by effects would remain granted even when the effect was toggled off Fixed a bug where resources were not being correctly shown on the sheet Fixed a bug where changes to resources were not being persisted to the sheet Roll minimum/maximums will now be applied to your rolls, if they exist Fixed a bug where if damage was blank on an attack it caused errors, now damage will default to 'automatic' for the ability so damage can be rolled correctly Fixed a bug where damage was not rolling from the sheet when there was no type assigned Fixed a bug where some Class images in the builder we're incorrect
FYI, for Languages, just add them all to the same line using a comma to separate. Georges K. said: Saul J. said: So, the other day, I created a 1st level fighter. I decided this morning to take a look at what was actually on the sheet. First of all, resizing the sheet doesn't work - things get covered up since not everything scales properly: You can see that the items on the right are partially covered by the details in the middle column.  You'll also notice on the sheet it says "No masteries". That's wrong - 1st level fighters get 2. The character builder didn't give me any of the starting equipment so I tried to load it from the compendium. The compendium is very confusing with 2014 and 2024 items listed, along with items that are in both SRDs, and elsewhere. I then tried to drag Studded Leather Armor to my sheet. It didn't look like anything happened. When I looked on the Inventory page (which took me about 10 minutes to find) I saw it was there. But, nothing was said. The game previously would show a message that said something like "Accepting item from the compendium" or something similar - I don't remember the exact wording. But no message now appears. I then moved a shortsword and Scimitar from the compendium onto the sheet. Looking at it on the details screen, everything appeared to be there... but still the sheet showed "No masteries" even though the shortsword has "Vex", and the Scimitar has "Nick". I switched to the "Combat" tab and it showed the attacks for both Dex and Str so that was good. But, the "Inventory" tab disappeared: I continued loading the starting equipment from the Compendium and didn't have a problem until I got to the Dungeoneer's Pack. No matter what I did, it wouldn't show up in the Inventory. I also should have gotten 2 languages, and Thieves Cant. I tried to load them from the Compendium, and couldn't. I tried to enter them manually, but could only enter 1 language - there was no way to add more: Then I started to add the items I got from my background. That included Thieves' Tools - no problem added, and 2 daggers. I added one dagger, and then found how to edit it to indicate I had 2 of them. But, after entering the quantity, it didn't autochange the weight which the 2014 sheet did. All in all, this was a slow and painful process, and not everything could be added or accomplished. This is so bad... I really thing all the 2024 things should be pulled from the site - the sheet, the Compendium, etc. until it's all ready for use because right now, it's not. Hi Saul, If you look closely, you will see the Master shows 0/3 which means you can have up to 3 masteries from your fighter class. You can add them from the compendium, bear in mind thou that you may find a specific weapon mastery like Longbow Mastery, but that won't work since the rules for 2024 grouped together the weapons, as you mentioned, Vex and Nick are examples, you can search for them and drag-drop to the sheet. This is just another part of the sheet they need to adjust when creating a character, you shouldn't have to add it from the compendium.   Regarding the language, you can add more than one unless there is some limitation in place because of your class or intelligence, but when trying to add a new one it will automatically display the last one you added, you can delete that and write the language you want, then it will show the right now. Another UX bug they will need to solve it. 
Does anyone know how to prevent and fix spell saves that are showing up in the chat as spell attacks?  

Edited 1727110247
Mr. DM said: Does anyone know how to prevent and fix spell saves that are showing up in the chat as spell attacks?   Like this? Not sure why this works but yours does not.  I added it from Compendium.  Although it does include Rage damage - oops my fault Tried a 2nd level spell - also OK What spell(s) are you having trouble with?
Aleksi said: Bianca said: Hunter D. said: Spells still aren't rolling damage in our game and we can't change the DC's of spells. Do we have to make a new game in order to get the updates? I can't recreate the problem -- my test sheets that had this issue are fixed and rolling damage. Can you try in a test new game and see if that works, and if it doesn't -- please send in a Help Request . We can take a look at your game with you to see what's going on. Thanks! I think there was some confusion between the Combat tab and the Spells tab. You can see Spell DCs and make damage rolls from the Combat tab (though it shows the DCs wrong for me), and in the Spells tab it just lists the spells and prints its info in chat when clicked. That makes sense and now I see it, thanks Aleksi!
Georges K. said: How can I add a custom “Effect” in the new sheet? One of my players has the ability to add poison damage to all their unarmed attacks, and I know that via the “Effects” part of the sheet, I could add it for them. However, I don’t see a way to create a custom one. Is it possible? I am looking for guidance on Greater and Superior potions of healing. I only see the Potion of Healing in my compendium. Are those different versions available anywhere? How can a player roll a spell in a higher slot? For example, if they would like to roll Shatter at spell slot 4. Both Beyond and the old Roll20 sheet have a dropdown that lets the player choose and adds the bonus accordingly. 1. If you edit the unarmed strike (the (?) icon and then Edit button), there's a tab for Damage. Use Add New Damage and you can enter in the poison. 2. If you own the 2014 Dungeon Master's Guide it should appear -- you can mix and match core rulebooks. If you do own it, make sure it's enabled under game settings. 3. We're still working on upcasting and plan to have it in our future big releases . As soon as I have a timeline, I'll share! Thanks for your patience.
That's so very unintuitive as to be useless. As a fighter 1, i get three weapons, and three masteries. Why not just automatically load the masteries associated with those weapons? Also figured out how to add languages. They have two separate  screens for adding languages and proficiencies. Only one of which allows you to add languages. The other just replaces what's already there. This sheet is so buggy, it feels like it was written by a teenager. I take that back - that's insulting to teenagers. Let's just say that this is a very non-professional  attempt at a 2024 character sheet. I was calling it an "alpha" test but it's not even ready for that level of use. Georges K. said: If you look closely, you will see the Master shows 0/3 which means you can have up to 3 masteries from your fighter class. You can add them from the compendium, bear in mind thou that you may find a specific weapon mastery like Longbow Mastery, but that won't work since the rules for 2024 grouped together the weapons, as you mentioned, Vex and Nick are examples, you can search for them and drag-drop to the sheet. This is just another part of the sheet they need to adjust when creating a character, you shouldn't have to add it from the compendium.   Regarding the language, you can add more than one unless there is some limitation in place because of your class or intelligence, but when trying to add a new one it will automatically display the last one you added, you can delete that and write the language you want, then it will show the right now. Another UX bug they will need to solve it. 
Why do the links in the compendium within game to Subclasses go to the external compendium? 
Is there any plans to allow 2024 stuff to be added to the older sheets for drag and drop purposes?
Sorry, I tried to use thie character builder on my phone. It was unusable. Very frustrating. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Jim W. said: Why do the links in the compendium within game to Subclasses go to the external compendium?  This is definitely a bug and has been reported.
Jeff M. said: My sheet was fine when I played last Tuesday. Now today, the picture is set to default, there is no class, all ability scores are set to 10, every skill is listed twice, some inventory items are gone. The sheet will not let me add the class back. When I go into the settings it says character builder is coming soon. It took hours to get this sheet working properly and now it's completely broken. What's going on? We're tracking this down, do you mind sending in a Help Request with an invite link to the game? I'm sorry, I know that's frustrating.
On the whole, I've figured out how to do a lot of the trickier things with the sheet-- it's not intuitive, exactly, but I kept poking at things to figure out where you go to add Invocations, Fighting Styles, and so on.  However, there are a LOT of things that I still have to add manually to the character sheet. Most notably: 1) Starting Equipment, of course, doesn't work at all.  2) Spells gained vs Magic Initiate aren't selectable.  3) Cantrips don't increase in damage with level. 4) Spell save DCs default to 8; they start off adding neither Proficiency Bonus nor Attribute. 5) Various effects that would change the damage, attack attribute, and so on of various attacks are not included-- Agonizing Blast doesn't increase Eldritch Blast damage, Pact Weapons don't use Charisma to attack, Monks don't get increased Unarmed Strike damage nor do they automatically use Dexterity for attack and damage with those strikes.  HOWEVER, most of these were also true of the 2014 character sheets, so I'm used to doing manual fixes.
September 23  D&D 2024 Character Sheet & Builder Updates: Features which change a resource's recovery rate will now correctly update on a long/short rest Added basic NPC attributes for use in Macros Added missing information in the Class/Species/Background screens for when a choice is added to a later screen Fixed an issue where D&D 2024 indicators were not showing up for spells Saving Throws and Skills will now display roll bonuses on the sheet, in the modals, and rolls. Fixed a bug where Feats that provide an ability score increase were showing an incorrect starting score Fixed a bug where attack bonus was showing for spells that don't have attack rolls
Why is it that when creating a character, that the stat bonuses are now +1 to three different ones, as opposed to the +2 and +1 they should be? Can this be reverted back, because during the beta period it was still the +2 +1
Bianca said: Fixed an issue where D&D 2024 indicators were not showing up for spells Saving Throws and Skills will now display roll bonuses on the sheet, in the modals, and rolls. Fixed a bug where attack bonus was showing for spells that don't have attack rolls I'm very thankful for these fixes, especially the 2024 indicator for spells. When these fixes come out, do they only apply to new sheets being made? Or do they fix sheets that have already been created?
Also, I'm still seeing character sheets getting wiped.  That's just awful.
I think this has been reported but, just in case: I just created a Warlock character.  It did not prompt me to choose the Invocation gained at level 1.  Also, the Origin background I took was Acolyte, which gets the Feat: Magic Initiate(Cleric). There was no indication of this anywhere in the creation process (it listed Magic Initiate but not that it was restricted to Cleric) and there's nothing on the sheet to indicate that it's limited to Cleric. There were also no prompts to choose the spells that I get with the Feat.  As before, there was no starting equipment granted either based on the class or the Origin. 
Josh M. said: Also, I'm still seeing character sheets getting wiped.  That's just awful. My group has been able to recover lost character sheets by going into the character (which looks like a new character needs to be generated) and clicking on the option to edit the sheet directly. The old version of the sheet appears and is available from then on. Not sure why this is happening, but happy there seems to be a way to recover them.
Certain things just aren't possible to do when editing the sheet directly, most people will use the auto generator, however, the fact you literally cannot replicate some of these skills and effects manually can be extremely frustrating, particularly when an ability needs to be altered. The 3 best examples I can give are Rage, Evasion and Elusive: Manually adding Rage doesn't have the option to add advantage on saving throws, just ability checks, and the most annoying part is you are completely unable to edit the "Situational Advantage on > Strength Ability Checks Saving Throws" so you have to make sure your rolls are set to query and manually apply the rage save/check Evasions modifier is weirder in the sense that it is "Defence > Evasion Resistance" which is not only not an option you can pick from, but also from my understanding you are "resistant to evasion" when in reality it halves the damage of a failed DEX save and 0 damage on a success Elusive is another odd one that grants you "Immunity > Damage Advantage, " implying that you'll only be immune to damage that has advantage, not attack rolls. so this has 3 issues when manually adding in the fact that 1 there's no option to pick advantage as an immunity. 2 there's no attack roll in the defence category at all(otherwise Roll20 would make it that), so you can't add it even if you let us see all the options. 3 you cant add the condition where it doesn't work if you are incapacitated Also, I'm 90% DC saves are not calculated correctly but you should be able to override or manually add the bonus to it if you know what it should be
The College of Creation Bard’s Animating Performance and Performance of Creation both reset on a Short Rest instead of Long…
Is there a way to see the code to create Macros like in the 2014 sheet?  I really miss being able to up arrow and grab that.  If there is not does that plan to be added to the sheet in the future once everything else gets worked out.  I completely understand how complicated this all is and do not except all of the functions of the 2014 sheet at the beginning of this products lifecycle.  Wanted to add my two cents that I loved that feature so much and wasn't sure if I missed a way to currently. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ben Jamin said: Is there a way to see the code to create Macros like in the 2014 sheet?   Not currently. It sends its data to chat in a different way, so I'm not sure that it will ever be a thing. :(
Hello :) Probably already asked... How can I show prepared spells ? I created a paladin and I'm trying to show only prepared spells... but it shows prepared but not the Smites... that are always prepared and I can't check a box to make them prepared... what's happening ? :p
Can someone tell me how to add Invocations to a Warlock sheet? I've tried drag&drop from the Compendium but nothing changes anywhere - the Invocation isn't listed on any screen I've found. THERE ARE TOO MANY SCREENS AND TOO MANY THINGS BURIED.
Hel said: Why is it that when creating a character, that the stat bonuses are now +1 to three different ones, as opposed to the +2 and +1 they should be? Can this be reverted back, because during the beta period it was still the +2 +1 Probably because that's how the 2024 rules work. You can now choose +1 to three different abilities, or you can do +2/+1 (which means you would just choose the same ability twice on the sheet). Keep in mind: on the beta sheet they could not show us the 2024 rules--it was only operating under the 2014 rules at the time. There was no way to publicly beta test with rules that weren't public yet.

Edited 1727217891
Saul J. said: Can someone tell me how to add Invocations to a Warlock sheet? I've tried drag&drop from the Compendium but nothing changes anywhere - the Invocation isn't listed on any screen I've found. THERE ARE TOO MANY SCREENS AND TOO MANY THINGS BURIED. I have the same problem. I can't find where or how to add the invocations at all. Ive gone through every little bit of the character creator and you can't drag it in from the compendium either. I think Warlocks as a class are just broken (not in the good way) right now.

Edited 1727226837
I am trying to convert a 2014 fighter to 2024 fighter.  The species is thri-kreen, so I notice that on edit sheet directly for 1st level, I cannot get the simplest thing like second wind to work.  I added it in as a healing action, put in the 1d10+1, but it won't roll anything. Yet it works fine in the character builder with a free rules species. The 1d10+1 rolls, the number of use checkboxes are there, etc.  Is this by design?  If don't buy the 2024 PHB or any of the other book sources are all non-free rules not going to be usable?  The 2014 sheet was easily customizable with different species, etc. Edit:  I deleted the Second Wind on my thri-kreen sheet.  Then looked at the builder settings again, but found no special coding.  So I recreated the Second Wind Healing action, and set it up to do 1d10+1 and it worked.  Before, when clicking on the green healing box, it would bring up another screen that prompted for Normal, Disadvantage, or Automatic. I am not sure what I did wrong where.  My apologies for the frustrated rant.  I will try to pay more attention to my edits and then grab screen shots for any more weirdness.
Tintin_discord
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Not sure if this is a Jumpgate bug or a 2024 Character Sheet bug. When I open an NPC, it doesn't have any stats. I have to choose "Build a new character", "Ready to Play Characters", "Edit Sheet Directly", or "Build a new character". Whatever choice I make, it's a blank character sheet.
Things like  Grappler,  Reckless Attack so on Always give advantage when set to Automatic and can't turn it off. I tried to create an effect to make this work but when you select the adv/dis mod attacks are not an option in the list, only skill and ability checks
Adding things like Invocations is done from the Class section of the character builder; it's not obvious, but it's the same way that you add Weapon Mastery: You open up the section for that class, and the options are there in teeny-tiny menus that are hard to read or spot. I've figured out how to do all of this, but man, a tutorial video would have been nice.
Bianca said: September 23  D&D 2024 Character Sheet & Builder Updates: Features which change a resource's recovery rate will now correctly update on a long/short rest Does that include the ability to recovery resources based on a dice roll, e.g. 1d4 on Long Rest? A lot of magic items recover charges at dawn based on dice rolls, e.g. Helm of Teleportation.
Josh M. said: Adding things like Invocations is done from the Class section of the character builder; it's not obvious, but it's the same way that you add Weapon Mastery: You open up the section for that class, and the options are there in teeny-tiny menus that are hard to read or spot. I've figured out how to do all of this, but man, a tutorial video would have been nice. I've checked all the menus, and submenus, I can find, and I don't see it. This just illustrates how bad this sheet is.  And, can someone from Roll20 please explain why this isn't done in the builder, or why it's not just a drag-and-drop from the Compendium? As I've said previously, the 2024 stuff from Roll20 is just terrible.
Bianca said: September 23  D&D 2024 Character Sheet & Builder Updates: Features which change a resource's recovery rate will now correctly update on a long/short rest Added basic NPC attributes for use in Macros Added missing information in the Class/Species/Background screens for when a choice is added to a later screen Fixed an issue where D&D 2024 indicators were not showing up for spells Saving Throws and Skills will now display roll bonuses on the sheet, in the modals, and rolls. Fixed a bug where Feats that provide an ability score increase were showing an incorrect starting score Fixed a bug where attack bonus was showing for spells that don't have attack rolls Will there be an option to drag and drop the newer stuff from the 2024 PHB to the older sheets?
Token Bars:  Previously I was able to set the PC Token Bars to HP, AC, and Speed.  The new format does not have speed.  Also, when I set the bar to HP or HP MAX, I am no longer able to subtract or add directly to the character bar itself.  Any fix?  
Mr. DM said: Token Bars:  Previously I was able to set the PC Token Bars to HP, AC, and Speed.  The new format does not have speed.  Also, when I set the bar to HP or HP MAX, I am no longer able to subtract or add directly to the character bar itself.  Any fix?   This is because, in their infinite wisdom, they locked all the attributes they added so they cannot be changed directly. I suspect that these attributes are not used internally in the sheet, but only read values given by the sheet - and so cannot affect what happens in the sheet. This results in a significant loss in function. Beacon was a mistake.
Opportunities for improvement: (1) Cannot drag and drop from compendium into character sheet. Skills, weapons, nothing work as the old system did.  (2) Taking the Skilled origin feat does not enable you to select the skills in the Skills section. It does not give you the option. (3) Clicking out of the character sheet (for example pressing the setting edit button to update picture or etc) while in charactermancer clears the page and deletes everything. This should not happen. (4) No language selection section is available during creation, this should be added. (5) Level up button doesnt work, so that is not functional. (6) Proficiencies with tools should default to Query Attribute, not blank. Currently it just adds nothing and adds PB unless you directly edit it. (7) Print function is a must here as well, I am sure not the #1 item but it needs to be functional later.
What an absolute dissapointment, spent about an hour trying to convert a current game to the new sheets just to find out all 5 players couldnt properly convert their characters to the newer sheet just to convert it all back to the old ones. Lets not even get me started with how on the old sheet after 5 years you still cant level up as a warlock and have agonizing blast stay on your eldritch blast. When reported bug you get responded by devs with 'we're investigating this' must still be investigating after 5 years. Annoying bugs that aren't absolutely game breaking just get ignored, We get "UI" updates constantly and once again you make a sheet which arguably 'looks better' but functions 10000x worse and is far less intuitive than the last one. Shame on the devs behind all of this.
This is a farewell, dear community, I have spent 9467 hours in Roll20, and have been clenching my fist in my pocket long enough now. This was the last nail in the coffin for me, the total disrespect for the treatment of people who bought a service from you and you can't even deliver. 
Hey folks, I was out sick so apologies for not posting yesterday's update: September 24 VTT Compendium Updates: Tokens dragged onto the map in a game that primarily uses the D&D 2014 character sheet as the primary sheet are now populating the correct token information. Sorry. this one has been eluding us for months. Thank you for your patience. The drag-and-drop functionality is still in progress regarding games using the new D&D 2024 as the primary sheet. The compendium pop-out window for D&D 2024 content now has the extra headers, toolbars, footers, and calls to action removed from the window. Hopefully, this will make it easier to read the information in those windows now.  D&D 2024 Character Sheet & Builder Updates: Ability Score minimums (e.g. Belt of Giant Strength, Headband of Intellect) now apply when you drag & drop applicable items on your sheet Updated drag & drop of non-D&D 5E (2024) content so AC bonuses are recognized and applied You can now drag and drop weapon masteries for specific weapons (e.g. "Dagger Weapon Mastery")