Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5E (2024) Character Sheet & Builder by Roll20

Thanks Jim! So that means it's possible...which is good. I just need to figure out how to do it. I am the guinea pig for my group to see if I can make a character work so we can update them for everyone. So...to take a Warlock from level 1 to 2, I would need to add (among other things) 2 Eldritch Invocations. Do I need to go to the Features & Traits area and use the "+" button to manually create a feature that has the Eldritch Invocations I choose? Is that what you mean? Jim W. said: Douglas Bailey said: I am trying like hell to figure out if there is ANY way to level up a character using the new sheet? Even if it means dragging and dropping features into the sheet manually? I've managed (through significant trial and error) to recreate a character from the 2014 sheet and have been (mostly) successful. However, advancing a level has COMPLETELY stumped me. I can use the gear icon to add a class level, but it doesn't seem to actually do anything. Nor can I figure out how to add a class feature like level 2 Eldritch Invocations manually. Any help? You can add everything manually, adjustng everything that can be adjusted.  Just a lot of work and then no longer have short/long rest stuff work right!
I have no  frickin' idea where you are talking about. I see nothing on any  screen for selection of the ancestry. Again, as with Invocations, this is buried so deep and so obscurely that the sheet is broken because it is so useless. Jim W. said: Sadly you have to go into Giant Ancestry, as your image then click edit and scroll down.  I
Are you speaking on behalf of Roll20? Because, this post contains more lies than a political speech. David C. said: The new D&D 5E Player’s Handbook (2024) has been released, along with updates to the character sheet and builder. The sheet is officially out of Beta, featuring a compact layout and support for mod scripts. You can now mix and match 2024 and 2014 rules in character creation. The builder remains in Beta as more features are being added. Feedback is welcome, and more updates, like level-up capabilities and equipment support, are coming soon.
Saul J. said: Are you speaking on behalf of Roll20? Because, this post contains more lies than a political speech. David C. said: The new D&D 5E Player’s Handbook (2024) has been released, along with updates to the character sheet and builder. The sheet is officially out of Beta, featuring a compact layout and support for mod scripts. You can now mix and match 2024 and 2014 rules in character creation. The builder remains in Beta as more features are being added. Feedback is welcome, and more updates, like level-up capabilities and equipment support, are coming soon. It's spam. Probably just AI producing a comment based on the OP - the profile was created today, no other posts, and contains a sketchy link. Roll20 has a big bot problem.
More problems with the sheet: I added a Greataxe to the Goliath Barbarian's sheet that I built. Did an attack with it: You'll notice that I got a crit. Below that attack roll, there appear to be two buttons. Presumably, one presses these buttons to get the damage rolls. However, the buttons do nothing.
That's very odd spam. Spam usually points you to products or services off the site, not on the site itself. This appears to be spam FROM  Roll20!! Tuo said: Saul J. said: Are you speaking on behalf of Roll20? Because, this post contains more lies than a political speech. David C. said: The new D&D 5E Player’s Handbook (2024) has been released, along with updates to the character sheet and builder. The sheet is officially out of Beta, featuring a compact layout and support for mod scripts. You can now mix and match 2024 and 2014 rules in character creation. The builder remains in Beta as more features are being added. Feedback is welcome, and more updates, like level-up capabilities and equipment support, are coming soon. It's spam. Probably just AI producing a comment based on the OP - the profile was created today, no other posts, and contains a sketchy link. Roll20 has a big bot problem.

Edited 1727462338
Gauss
Forum Champion
Saul J.,  The spam is in the profile. Roll20 gets those kinds of spammers regularly. 
Douglas Bailey said: Thanks Jim! So that means it's possible...which is good. I just need to figure out how to do it. I am the guinea pig for my group to see if I can make a character work so we can update them for everyone. So...to take a Warlock from level 1 to 2, I would need to add (among other things) 2 Eldritch Invocations. Do I need to go to the Features & Traits area and use the "+" button to manually create a feature that has the Eldritch Invocations I choose? Is that what you mean? I have no idea about Eldritch Invocations - and as the sheet is annoyingly slow, tempremental and generally awful I'm not going to dig further. The questions I ask seem to never be answered, so I can only conclude that Roll20 have no interest in keeping customers.
Saul J. said: More problems with the sheet: You'll notice that I got a crit. Below that attack roll, there appear to be two buttons. Presumably, one presses these buttons to get the damage rolls. However, the buttons do nothing. You press one or other, as I recall when it was working.
Saul J. said: I have no  frickin' idea where you are talking about. I see nothing on any  screen for selection of the ancestry. Again, as with Invocations, this is buried so deep and so obscurely that the sheet is broken because it is so useless. Jim W. said: Sadly you have to go into Giant Ancestry, as your image then click edit and scroll down.  I Yeah pretty useless.  Though not particularly pretty, it is worse than useless.
Can we get an update on if you will be making it possible to either select +2 and +1 or three +1s when doing your stats? Right now I can only select three +1s and once I pick a stat I can't pick it again. If the rules are pick one or the other than allow me to do that. If it's a change to the 2024 rules to only have three +1s, then when I select my class as the 2014 version I should be able to put my stats in the old way.

Edited 1727472691
Crico
Plus
Link to 2 videos for Warlock and Goliath settings for CS 2024 Warlock:&nbsp; <a href="https://drive.google.com/file/d/13U59cAYdbunnz_VMU1GCmBvkODAf4ZWE/view?usp=drive_link" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/file/d/13U59cAYdbunnz_VMU1GCmBvkODAf4ZWE/view?usp=drive_link</a> Goliath:&nbsp; <a href="https://drive.google.com/file/d/13Ynz3zZDRYI9aL84tJkpAS8YDm4MFotk/view?usp=drive_link" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/file/d/13Ynz3zZDRYI9aL84tJkpAS8YDm4MFotk/view?usp=drive_link</a> Saul J. said: I have no &nbsp;frickin' idea where you are talking about. I see nothing on any &nbsp;screen for selection of the ancestry. Again, as with Invocations, this is buried so deep and so obscurely that the sheet is broken because it is so useless. Jim W. said: Sadly you have to go into Giant Ancestry, as your image then click edit and scroll down.&nbsp; I
Devon said: Bianca said: Devon said: UPDATE: Found weapon masteries and SUBSPECIES lineages in small sub menus under drop downs. Not very clean, but now that I know I get it. (8) After selecting a background, it notes a dropdown of where the origin feat should be titled/named, but it is not there. It only shows up in the Feats tab. It should be at least named here. (9) Starting EQT and $ doesn't seem to populate or give you the option to choose between $ or EQT? Devon said: UPDATE 9_26_Updating this - dragging weapons in DOES add it to the inventory but DOES NOT add it under the ATTACK. Dragging masteries DOES seem to work as well. Dragging in TOOL PROF from compendium does NOT seem to work (RE-VERIFIED) Devon said: Opportunities for improvement: (1) Cannot drag and drop from compendium into character sheet. Skills, weapons, nothing work as the old system did.&nbsp;&nbsp; (2) UPDATE: Taking the Skilled origin feat does not enable you to select the skills in the Skills section. It does not give you the option. RE-VERIFIED - Artisan-Crafter tool proficiencies are enabled for selection, but Skilled still does not. Wanted to verify others. (3) Clicking out of the character sheet (for example pressing the setting edit button to update picture or etc) while in charactermancer clears the page and deletes everything. This should not happen. (4) No language selection section is available during creation, this should be added. (5) Level up button doesnt work, so that is not functional. (6) Proficiencies with tools should default to Query Attribute, not blank. Currently it just adds nothing and adds PB unless you directly edit it. (7) Print function is a must here as well, I am sure not the #1 item but it needs to be functional later. Starting Equipment is next on our list and we're on track to have it out in the next week. Y'all are doing a wonderful job, I know there is a lot of hate - but all in all you are being responsive, positive, and executing well! Looking forward to it :)&nbsp; I like this positivity. Yes this is a bungled launch but here we are and they are handling it well IMO.&nbsp;

Edited 1727473393
Crico
Plus
For me the 2024 creator is working quite fine (not checked everything but all I'v tried is working somehow) My only problem is that every single day my character sheets go back to blanck or miss most of the features. I use the Save Button at the end of Character creation but I have no way to save them, I've tried to save them in the Vault...that isnt working either Can someone help me or give me some more than nothing??? (not talking about user, just to be clear) I'm not the kind of Drama Guy, I started in the 80s with paper and pencil, so whatever is fine for me, but if I buy something I espect it to work...
It’s a known issue and on their roadmap:&nbsp; <a href="https://blog.roll20.net/posts/update-roadmap-for-dd-2024/" rel="nofollow">https://blog.roll20.net/posts/update-roadmap-for-dd-2024/</a> Crico said: For me the 2024 creator is working quite fine (not checked everything but all I'v tried is working somehow) My only problem is that every single day my character sheets go back to blanck or miss most of the features. I use the Save Button at the end of Character creation but I have no way to save them, I've tried to save them in the Vault...that isnt working either Can someone help me or give me some more than nothing??? (not talking about user, just to be clear) I'm not the kind of Drama Guy, I started in the 80s with paper and pencil, so whatever is fine for me, but if I buy something I espect it to work...
Does anybody else have an issue with the 2024 character sheet just NOT SHOWING UP when you create a new character and try to open the sheet? I've been using R20 for a long time. I'm pretty sure I selected 2024 D&amp;D Character Sheet on creating the game. I've checked and it's still selected in Game Settings.&nbsp; But creating characters puts them in the character list. But opening the object... I just get a stylized background image. No fields.&nbsp; Anybody else have this?
TY Geezer RPGeezer said: It’s a known issue and on their roadmap:&nbsp; <a href="https://blog.roll20.net/posts/update-roadmap-for-dd-2024/" rel="nofollow">https://blog.roll20.net/posts/update-roadmap-for-dd-2024/</a> Crico said: For me the 2024 creator is working quite fine (not checked everything but all I'v tried is working somehow) My only problem is that every single day my character sheets go back to blanck or miss most of the features. I use the Save Button at the end of Character creation but I have no way to save them, I've tried to save them in the Vault...that isnt working either Can someone help me or give me some more than nothing??? (not talking about user, just to be clear) I'm not the kind of Drama Guy, I started in the 80s with paper and pencil, so whatever is fine for me, but if I buy something I espect it to work...
Confirming that the character sheets no longer roll damage with the damage button-- but they used to do so.
John P said: Does anybody else have an issue with the 2024 character sheet just NOT SHOWING UP when you create a new character and try to open the sheet? I've been using R20 for a long time. I'm pretty sure I selected 2024 D&amp;D Character Sheet on creating the game. I've checked and it's still selected in Game Settings.&nbsp; But creating characters puts them in the character list. But opening the object... I just get a stylized background image. No fields.&nbsp; Anybody else have this? Yeah I am having the exact same issue, I tried turning the new character sheet on in a game, but all sheets, whether existing ones or new ones I make just have this black and white picture of Tiamat on them with nothing else.
Both of those videos illustrate just how bad the system Roll20 built really is. First of all, during the build process, it doesn't tell you that you missed something like the invocations or the ancestry. To the contrary, the builder tells you that you made all the choices you needed to make. So, it's easy to miss both of those things. Secondly, there is no way after &nbsp;you've gone through the builder to add &nbsp;those things to your sheet. None. You can't drop them in from the compendium. There's nowhere on the sheet to add them in any of the screens or options pages. The Roll20 2024 D&amp;D sheet just plain sucks and the character builder is worse. Crico said: Link to 2 videos for Warlock and Goliath settings for CS 2024 Warlock:&nbsp; <a href="https://drive.google.com/file/d/13U59cAYdbunnz_VMU1GCmBvkODAf4ZWE/view?usp=drive_link" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/file/d/13U59cAYdbunnz_VMU1GCmBvkODAf4ZWE/view?usp=drive_link</a> Goliath:&nbsp; <a href="https://drive.google.com/file/d/13Ynz3zZDRYI9aL84tJkpAS8YDm4MFotk/view?usp=drive_link" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/file/d/13Ynz3zZDRYI9aL84tJkpAS8YDm4MFotk/view?usp=drive_link</a> Saul J. said: I have no &nbsp;frickin' idea where you are talking about. I see nothing on any &nbsp;screen for selection of the ancestry. Again, as with Invocations, this is buried so deep and so obscurely that the sheet is broken because it is so useless. Jim W. said: Sadly you have to go into Giant Ancestry, as your image then click edit and scroll down.&nbsp; I
Is anyone else having issues with finding and selecting skills from the Skilled origin feat? Can't find any drop down after choosing Charlatan or Noble backgrounds. Also not getting proper choices for Pact of the Tome for Warlock.
Yeah, Skilled doesn't work, but that's about the easiest workaround of them all. (And I'm used to doing workarounds even on the 2014 sheet.&nbsp; It doesn't work perfectly and never has, but it can be edited, at least.)

Edited 1727560844
Paladin weapon mastery options are blank Goliath option too
The option for invocations are only available during character creation. It's the screen after selecting your class. You can set the level for your new character there, add another class, and set your class features for every level. No way to do add it to an already created character far as I can tell, only available during character creation. See the steps below: Create new character sheet. Click "Build A New Character" Select the Warlock 2024 Click "Choose Warlock" You are then shifted to a new screen and here is where you'll eventually find the invocations. Where it says "Level 1" followed by a list of class features, there is an arrow that will drop down to show everything that a warlock gets at this level. Scroll all the way down and that's where you can select your first invocation. If you increase the level of your warlock on this screen, you will get a additional level boxes for level 2, level 3, etc. Each one will have a list of features you get that level. If you click on the arrow, the level "opens up" and you are able to select more invocations and replace them there. When done, click "Next" to continue character creation: species (formally race),&nbsp; background, etc. After you're done with character creation, the invocations will show up in the Features &amp; Traits section. Again, no way to add or drag and drop after character creation. Saul J. said: I don't know where you're talking about - I don't see ANYTHING ANYWHERE for adding invocations on ANY screen. And there's no level up because it's not done yet. The sheet just says "coming soon". Pedro S. said: I finally found it. For selecting the Warlock Invocations: after choosing and confirming your class, on the screen where you are able to increase the level, click the down arrow and there will be an option to select the invocation. For 1st level, you have to scroll waaaay down to see to it. It's un-intuitive and easily missed. It should be moved to it's own screen or the same place as where the fighter chooses their fighting styles/feats. Saul J. said: I don't see it. Crico said: Saul J. said: Can someone tell me how to add Invocations to a Warlock sheet? I've tried drag&amp;drop from the Compendium but nothing changes anywhere - the Invocation isn't listed on any screen I've found. THERE ARE TOO MANY SCREENS AND TOO MANY THINGS BURIED. I can do that from the level up - multilevel choice when you choose your class, open the differen level bar and you find the invocation to choose per level and the possible change
The builder no longer appears to be adding the origin feats gained from the background.
just found out i cant level up in the 2024 game , lol. So i just dismissed my group and asked for a return , going to buy it on beyond since it dont work here
imagine a big dnd release waited for years and your not ready , dont even understand why wotc still let you guys sell there content
Can no longer choose Warlock Invocations in the builder during the character creation process. All that happens when I click on the box is that the box gets highlighted, but I don't get the dropdown list of Invocations, and I can't enter text into the box. <a href="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NVPcJaKNuUGycvRmsfbzblMDaZ2zn5ce/view?usp=drive_link" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NVPcJaKNuUGycvRmsfbzblMDaZ2zn5ce/view?usp=drive_link</a> This builder just sucks. &nbsp;

Edited 1727629559
So did you make the new character sheet to only work for pro and plus accounts? Because whenever I open the 2024 character sheet on any character, have tried on multiple different games already, all it shows for character sheet is just black and white image of Tiamat. EDIT: Seems that it's not about account level, but the new sheet just doesn't work on Firefox for some reason.
Kari M. said: So did you make the new character sheet to only work for pro and plus accounts? Because whenever I open the 2024 character sheet on any character, have tried on multiple different games already, all it shows for character sheet is just black and white image of Tiamat. EDIT: Seems that it's not about account level, but the new sheet just doesn't work on Firefox for some reason. I use it just fine on firefox
C1 said: just found out i cant level up in the 2024 game , lol. So i just dismissed my group and asked for a return , going to buy it on beyond since it dont work here I will say autoleveling and equipment adding are on schedule for the next week or so, and you can still manually level. This is also clearly explained in the blogs about the release. While I do think they should have gotten some of the basic stuff like this done prior to release, they at least have been on top of their communication and working to get it taken care of. I'd still rather support Roll20 over Hasbro
Hi Bianca, Are you guys aware that the Surprising Attack is going insane in the sheet? It keeps adding 3 in damage every couple seconds. The rogue in my table just rolled for 1.1k damage... As a DM, I'm unable to remove this effect from his sheet or even adjust the damage modifier.&nbsp;
Hel said: Kari M. said: So did you make the new character sheet to only work for pro and plus accounts? Because whenever I open the 2024 character sheet on any character, have tried on multiple different games already, all it shows for character sheet is just black and white image of Tiamat. EDIT: Seems that it's not about account level, but the new sheet just doesn't work on Firefox for some reason. I use it just fine on firefox Well for me it doesn't work on firefox, though works fine on edge.
Same here.&nbsp; None of the damage buttons work from the attack roll within chat.&nbsp; I ended up setting the damage to roll automatically in the Manage Sheet option. Saul J. said: More problems with the sheet: I added a Greataxe to the Goliath Barbarian's sheet that I built. Did an attack with it: You'll notice that I got a crit. Below that attack roll, there appear to be two buttons. Presumably, one presses these buttons to get the damage rolls. However, the buttons do nothing.
Not just Paladin.&nbsp; This glitch occurred with several characters during creation. I had to delete the character and start over until it worked. I think I also refreshed. Master Azroth said: Paladin weapon mastery options are blank Goliath option too
Does anyone else get super-lag when opening up a character sheet?
Mr. DM said: Same here.&nbsp; None of the damage buttons work from the attack roll within chat.&nbsp; I ended up setting the damage to roll automatically in the Manage Sheet option. Which I hope is not the final suggestion - a definite backwards step if it is.. but then so many backwards steps with this sheet already
Mr. DM said: Does anyone else get super-lag when opening up a character sheet? The whole sheet is laggy.. or if that is not a word... has awful performance!
I'm getting this error for a Level 1 Cleric with Thaumaturge selected.&nbsp;
Same here Stuart said: I'm getting this error for a Level 1 Cleric with Thaumaturge selected.&nbsp;
I have just worked to make and update all my characters sheets, upon the start of the game when trying to open the sheets my players could see their sheets but all stats have reset. if there a fix or is it just a badly made sheet
Alfie M. said: I have just worked to make and update all my characters sheets, upon the start of the game when trying to open the sheets my players could see their sheets but all stats have reset. if there a fix or is it just a badly made sheet You could try going in and edit directly... if there is that option.&nbsp; If it's just stats update them. But yes design is awful, implementation is awful as well!
I really don't see why they can't just make the 2024 phb content drag and droppable with the old character sheet which was much easier to use.
Is something wrong with the Character sheets? Nothing is saving when inputting new data. Add gold, hit save...close the character sheet and when loading at a later time, all the information added is gone. Not to mention the massive lag/delay on anything saving/updating. This can't possibly be your best work, is it Roll20? This is abysmal from a company we pay money to.&nbsp;
Kari M. said: I really don't see why they can't just make the 2024 phb content drag and droppable with the old character sheet which was much easier to use. And they refuse to tell us anything too, so some speculate
Is there a way to add Hit points for a custom class in the new builder? I have everything else set up, but it will not let me adjust the hit point total at all. All my players use some variation of custom classes, and in the old sheets I could just type in their new health values, or they could, but in this new builder I do not see any way to add HP.&nbsp;
Adding a level of exhaustion to one of my player's sheets has permanently broken the sheet.&nbsp; It's fubar. How long before we can expect the level-up wizard?
Dunno if it's just me but i have huge issues with memory leaks when using the 2024 sheets. Just noticed after a 4 hour session that roll20's ram usage was at 3,1gb which is insane.&nbsp;
Kari M. said: I really don't see why they can't just make the 2024 phb content drag and droppable with the old character sheet which was much easier to use. Amen!