Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Paizo] Pathfinder Playtest Bug Thread

Edited 1535481200
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks to everyone participating in the Pathfinder Playtest on Roll20! For more information about exactly what is contained in the Playtest, please head to&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/pfplaytest" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/pfplaytest</a> &nbsp; As the majority of the Roll20 conversion is in the simple Pathfinder Playtest Character Sheet, we felt this forum would be the best to contain feedback and any sheet bugs.&nbsp; Please let us know if there's any issues.&nbsp; CURRENT ISSUES: Only the PC sheet is available, NPC sheet soon to follow. Spells and abilities may be sluggish for some users Latest Patch Notes: Pathfinder Playtest V 0.01 Build Date 1535547600 Bug Fixes ACP icons now display buffs to hp, temp hp, encumber/overburden bulk now work -untrained prof mod is now correct (-2) armor buffs should now update correctly. This was a more widespread issue that affected multiple attributes. Damage mods are now applied to rolls A first pass at improving the responsiveness of the sheet. This has affected how spells are stored (see below). Please post feedback on how the sheet responds for you with this change. Feature/Function Changes Spells are now stored in their own repeating section. Current spells will be transferred over when you open a sheet and the old repeating_ability version of the spell will be removed. The repeating sections for spells are repeating_cantrip and repeating_spell1 - repeating_spell10. Until there is a How-To for the Pathfinder Playtest Sheet: I have linked the "Buffs" section of the Starfinder HUD User Manual , as they use the same syntax. Please note that attribute names are different however.
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Looking forward to what you all think of it. I'll be working to fix the issues listed above.

Edited 1533683572
Caleb
Plus
There are only two boost slots for Ancestry, but some &nbsp;all but one&nbsp;ancestries have three boosts. (Thank you for adding to the list.) :thumbs_up:

Edited 1533684338
When adding feats the newly added feat disappears after only a few seconds. If the sheet is closed and opened again, it then appears again, but disapears moments later again.&nbsp; Actually they disappear when one attempt to open them for editing by pressing the gear. EDIT: Found out that the problem is with the default value of the dropdown menu used to change the Feat Type, when you change to any thing other than General Feat, and back it stops acting weirdly. This was seen happening on chrome.
This could be a me only bug. But I can't seem to add a spell or feat to the sheet. I click the little plus and nothing happens.
It appears to me to always roll 1 less than the real result should be. Looks like maybe the proficiency bonus is off. I just rolled a Nature, for instance. I have a 14 Wis. I'm untrained, so I have a 1 in the skill. (Level 1 - 2 = -1 + 2 = 1.) When I rolled a nat 1, it gave me a 1. The math it reveals on the roll is: (-2 Prof +2 Ability). So it looks like it isn't adding my level.
I think it's missing the "Ancestry feat" category in feats. Not quite sure because feats disappear after a clicking on it/them.

Edited 1533686212
I can't seem to find where Resonance points go in the sheet if there is a space available for them. Edit: Also 2nd and 3rd attacks don't work if you have potency rune set to nothing, as in the attack value outputs as 0

Edited 1533685912
I click the button to try and add a Power annnd... Nothing? E: Adding spells and the number of Cantrips and 1st Level spells are linked and cant be changed independently? (And seemingly all of the spell levels... Why can't we independently assign a number of spells per level?) &nbsp;Part 2: No place to enter the vision type of the character 3: Sheet is *extremely* laggy when scrolling on Chrome. 4: No place to enter signature skills.

Edited 1533686154
Robert D. said: It appears to me to always roll 1 less than the real result should be. Looks like maybe the proficiency bonus is off. I just rolled a Nature, for instance. I have a 14 Wis. I'm untrained, so I have a 1 in the skill. (Level 1 - 2 = -1 + 2 = 1.) When I rolled a nat 1, it gave me a 1. The math it reveals on the roll is: (-2 Prof +2 Ability). So it looks like it isn't adding my level. When rolling a Skill the level modifier is not included in the total. When rolling Initiative {Skill} the level modifier is included in the total. Need three locations for Ancestry Boosts - Gnomes obtain two standard and a free allocation and one flaw.
When you add an attack into a feat, say Attack of Opportunity, it doesn't add the ability score you select into the attack. It also doesn't roll damage.
As a follow up to what Rober D. wrote, it does add the ability bonus but only if you change it manually, aka not leaving it at default.
The roll template for Attack Rolls when using Atk1 Atk2 and Atk3+ are always returning an attack roll of 0 (though you can hover and get the correct value).
Multiple attack rolls are always showing 0 as the value, regardless of the outcome.&nbsp; I cannot open individual feats or powers, clicking the "+" icon does nothing. Spell attack rolls aren't working. Nowhere to keep track of items/bulk nor entering your armour to calculate AC. Can't change signature skills. Extreme lag when trying to edit stuff.
Drew said: This could be a me only bug. But I can't seem to add a spell or feat to the sheet. I click the little plus and nothing happens. Experiencing the same problem right now. Will verify with other players in my group
No place for equipment. Or notes.
How are we SUPPOSED to change AC and TAC.&nbsp;We can edit the total value, but there's a field that looks like it's supposed to be the Armor's contribution and it's uneditable.
Yes, is there supposed to be a place for equipment, armor, ACP, etc.? It seems like there's a spot for it, but it's blank.
Also, changing the level seems to completely reset the character sheet.
Jamie L. said: Also, changing the level seems to completely reset the character sheet. Are you adding ability scores manually or with the creation tab? If you do them manually they reset on level up
Alchemists are trained in alchemical bombs as weapons, but there is no option for it under Weapon Proficiencies.
Janick H. said: When adding feats the newly added feat disappears after only a few seconds. If the sheet is closed and opened again, it then appears again, but disapears moments later again.&nbsp; Actually they disappear when one attempt to open them for editing by pressing the gear. EDIT: Found out that the problem is with the default value of the dropdown menu used to change the Feat Type, when you change to any thing other than General Feat, and back it stops acting weirdly. This was seen happening on chrome. On Chrome as well. Getting a similar problem. My players can't add feats. Even as the GM I can't. So this is a confirmed. This sheet does not function at a base level right now.
Grant S. said: Drew said: This could be a me only bug. But I can't seem to add a spell or feat to the sheet. I click the little plus and nothing happens. Experiencing the same problem right now. Will verify with other players in my group Confirmed, it is intermittent here, but is happening to me and my players. Even when we get it to work it vanishes instantly. It looks like you tried to use the Roll20 code for the Starfinder sheet as well as the default "Feat" is "Operative's Edge" from Starfinder.
GayKiwi said: Robert D. said: It appears to me to always roll 1 less than the real result should be. Looks like maybe the proficiency bonus is off. I just rolled a Nature, for instance. I have a 14 Wis. I'm untrained, so I have a 1 in the skill. (Level 1 - 2 = -1 + 2 = 1.) When I rolled a nat 1, it gave me a 1. The math it reveals on the roll is: (-2 Prof +2 Ability). So it looks like it isn't adding my level. When rolling a Skill the level modifier is not included in the total. When rolling Initiative {Skill} the level modifier is included in the total. Need three locations for Ancestry Boosts - Gnomes obtain two standard and a free allocation and one flaw. I can confirm this as well on my end.
Getting another weird bug with this too, and only with this... I am setting up a GM rolled perception macro... I'm the GM and I am setting this up so I can roll my player's perception invisibly... /w GM Callista Perception: [[1d20+@{Callista Nox|perception}]] I am getting back the error that there is no character by that name, but I know (for a fact) that there is because I am looking right at it.
I am having a load of issues.&nbsp; Cannot get spells to properly work and roll, cannot get attacks to properly roll multiattack penalty, sheet resets at random and others that are already listed in this thread.
My players will be making characters soon and playing this Friday. Haven't seen any bugs that haven't been mentioned. Glad to see Scott is on this, we love the Starfinder sheets!
Found a few issues: I added a thrown ranged weapon, using dex as the ability (+1) and Trained at level 1 (+1), but it's showing my attack bonus as +0, but when I actually roll it, it includes both bonuses correctly. Under spells, the spaces after each spell level (CANTRIP ___ / ___&nbsp; &nbsp; 1st LEVEL ___ / ___, etc.) all fill in with the same number when any of them is filled. Plus, I'm not totally sure what those are for. I'm guessing they are to keep track of how many have been cast for spontaneous casters, but in that case, cantrip doesn't need it. When entering specific spells, the spell school is always Abjuration. The hand appears, making it look like it's clickable, but nothing happens. There is no place to indicate how many actions are required to cast a spell. There is no place to indicate which skills are signature skills.&nbsp;
I found that the problem with not be able to add a new feat (where the + isn't clickable) gets solved by unlocking&nbsp;the list&nbsp;and locking it again. Trying the same with the power and spell lists makes the + clickable for them as well, but I still can't add any powers.
For multiple attack problems, try setting the Potency to 0 instead of blank. Are weapon properties like Fatal and Deadly supported? I can't get them to work.
Update: The "That character doesn't exist" bug with the sheets is fixed. The "feat bug" where the feats disappear and just it goes all kinds of wonky still exists. I open the sheet, and see a ton of macros where they tried to do it, but then that vanishes, I can't access or edit. I think this one is a high priority.
There is no Performance skill in the sheet.
bhr said: There is no Performance skill in the sheet. you're supposed to add it with the plus under the existing skills
Edward D. said: bhr said: There is no Performance skill in the sheet. you're supposed to add it with the plus under the existing skills Strange, here in the Rulebook only the Lore skill is written that has subdivisions, whereas the Performance skill does not have this, with only additional traits.
On second and third attacks, the total always comes down to 0 in the attack roll.
Ethan C. said: On second and third attacks, the total always comes down to 0 in the attack roll. I think it's the ++ in the roll, solved (for me anyways) by putting a 0 in the potency rune slot.
Jamie L. said: Yes, is there supposed to be a place for equipment, armor, ACP, etc.? It seems like there's a spot for it, but it's blank. This, is there a place supposed to be reserved for Armor?
Henry W. said: The "feat bug" where the feats disappear and just it goes all kinds of wonky still exists. I open the sheet, and see a ton of macros where they tried to do it, but then that vanishes, I can't access or edit. I think this one is a high priority. Yeah, locking and unlocking to access adding feats works, but then I can't complete anything.
I am using Windows 10, and Google Chrome Version 68.0.3440.84 (Official Build) (64-bit). I made sure to perform a cache clear just-in-case as well. As a note, anything "missing" might also just be pushed off the screen, since there were a lot of other graphic glitches. (Also uploading images isn't working for me either... so I've linked some relevant screenshots.) graphics glitches: <a href="https://i.imgur.com/R4ksXfI.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/R4ksXfI.png</a> spellslots duplicate across all spell levels spell entry has no option to change the school of magic no place for ancestry feats no place for languages and other senses many of the + buttons to add spells, powers, etc. don't function or only function intermittently ATK2 and ATK3 buttons don't function -- spells always roll 0: <a href="https://i.imgur.com/Y5wnKza.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/Y5wnKza.png</a> the attack roll templates don't include critical information like attack type, or whatever "attacher" is supposed to be used for. (Attached weapons?) more generally, the attack roll templates take up a lot of unnecessary space and are difficult to parse at a glance. The huge border is really distracting. Spells are even worse. a lot of empty drop downs in various places: <a href="https://i.imgur.com/86q5ICP.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/86q5ICP.png</a>

Edited 1533708227
I made a Skill Roll Macro that works... Since much of PF2 uses Secret Skill rolls I made a macro that allows me to select a character and roll their skill check from a drop down menu. Currently the macros on the sheet do not properly roll (they don't add level in) I found a way to call the proper mark to make them roll right. Mine rolls: [[1d20+@{character|skill}]] Maybe this will help the sheet creator fix that issue... So @{Callista Nox|stealth} rolls 1d20+4, the sheet macro for some reason rolls 1d20+3 so it maybe just switching the macro code over to using the total rather than trying to math it? Dunno.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As stated elsewhere : A Wandering Dan &nbsp;said: The Playtest sheet has the following issues that my group found: Ancestry is missing a boost. No place to input armor. Feats will not save. Looks really rough :(
It seems to be not possible to disable rolling dice when "rolling" a feat - typically used to get the description into the chat log? Not able to scroll the Buffs area Buffs do not seem to have any effect&nbsp; Are these supposed to only serve as reminders? It would be better if they applied automatically to selected fields Skill checks are incorrectly calculating Proficiency Modifier Proficiency Bonus is used instead of the correct modifier which is Proficiency Bonus + Level Empty Potency Rune field does not default to a 0 for the roll, causing invalid calculations to display a 0 as the total result for non-primary attacks Could not add Feats or Powers until unlocked and re-locked No explanation of what the Attacher &nbsp;section of attacks is for Section underneath Armor labelled as DR/Resist &nbsp;when DR is not a term used in the Playtest No section for listing a Weakness All that said - it does look funky, and I especially like the scrolling content in the chat log posts! I can freely add the full description of an ability and not have to worry about clogging up the log with masses of rules text :)
I see no category amongst feats labeled "Ancestry Feat". I suspect that might be a bug?

Edited 1533741723
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi Folks, Thanks for trying the sheet, and I apologize for all of the issues you've run into using it. I've taken note of all the bugs listed so far and am working to fix them. There are a few things that were mentioned that aren't bugs, and may just be a misunderstanding of how the sheet is designed: Papa Goblin &nbsp;said: Alchemists are trained in alchemical bombs as weapons, but there is no option for it under Weapon Proficiencies. This won't change. The sheet wide proficiencies are for the broad weapon groups (simple/martial). Each attack also has it's own proficiency track that you can adjust to the appropriate level for that weapon for your character. There have also been many reports about the AC issue. The AC (and equipment) sections are currently not fully functional (or disabled in the case of equipment) as noted in Trivia's post. Ian said: No explanation of what the&nbsp; Attacher &nbsp;section of attacks is for The attacher is a place to put additional macro code, api commands, or additional chat output that you want to send at the same time as your roll. Things put on the first line will be part of the roll template, while things put on a new line will be their own chat message. Here's the list of Bugs I'm currently aware of, let me know if I missed any: Only the PC sheet is available, NPC sheet soon to follow. Armor value is not factored in any calculations. Users may enter the data manually. This will be patched Equipment section is not displayed. This will be patched ASAP. Ancestry needs 3 boosts The repeating_ability rows used for feats, powers, and spells disappear when created, or can't be created Rolls are using the wrong proficiency modifier (either incorrect mod from training level or not using character level) Feats don't have an ancestry feat category There needs to be a place to record vision types The spells/day and the max values of them are all the same attribute There needs to be a way to denote a signature skill The ability score for attacks was not being added if you hadn't moved it off the default of strength Attacks (some attacks?) always return 0 for their roll result. The usage field is not displaying for spells, so not possible to note how many actions a spell takes There is an occassional(?) display error in some headers (white bar across them) Buffs don't appear to link up to anything Buffs don't scroll DR is not a term in PF2 The school select is missing from spells An attack roll does not display some critical information (like damage type) I'm working to fix the above, and indeed have made progress on many of them. I'll get a fix pushed as soon as I can so that you all can start enjoying the playtest and getting Paizo feedback on how the system works. - Scott
That is perfect! But just remember that one of those ancestry boosts need an N/A. Humans only get two free boosts, while other ancestries get three.
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Ethan C. said: That is perfect! But just remember that one of those ancestry boosts need an N/A. Humans only get two free boosts, while other ancestries get three. Yep, all boosts (and flaws) have (and will have) a default value of "N/A".
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Also, Ian, can you expand on this a little Ian said: All that said - it does look funky, and I especially like the scrolling content in the chat log posts! I can freely add the full description of an ability and not have to worry about clogging up the log with masses of rules text :) Are you using funky as a good term, or that something seems to be off about the sheet's display?
Oh, and something I JUST noticed while I was flipping back to the sheet! I noticed that in spells, damage rolls don't show up. I've tried filling them out as 1d10 or in brackets. There isn't even a line for it. And the text itself for the full effect and save effect are literally missing the bottom half. Is this known? And if so is it because of a browser type or am I inputing it wrong?
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Ethan C. said: Oh, and something I JUST noticed while I was flipping back to the sheet! I noticed that in spells, damage rolls don't show up. I've tried filling them out as 1d10 or in brackets. There isn't even a line for it. And the text itself for the full effect and save effect are literally missing the bottom half. Is this known? And if so is it because of a browser type or am I inputing it wrong? Thanks Ethan, For the effects, they should be a scrollable field in the roll template after a certain height. Are they not scrolling?