Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Torg Eternity] Sheet redesign thread

GM Matt said: GiGs said: Matt, it looks like Realm runner's melee attack is accurate? Had you fixed that manually?  I believe that I did. Wasn't thinking about that. I'm going to send over another one that I haven't modified with incorrect transfer of Melee. Stand by. Primitive Human is now available. Her Melee weapon attacks didn't attach to the correct skill.

Edited 1584305934
GM Matt
Sheet Author
TiaMaster said: Matt I would love the chance to see your macros when you are done. Its really easy. Update: Its not easy. Yet. Per GiG's comment below, I think I just stumbled onto an anomaly that only works half-way. I'm leaving the original text of the post below, but this should all be disregarded by those looking to add macros to their sheet, at least for the time being. For a given selected token, to use the first power or attack from its character sheet, use the macro: %@{selected|repeating_attacks_$0_rollAttack} If you want to create a character-sheet specific macro as an ability, the following should work: %{repeating_attacks_$0_rollAttack} For damages, as things currently stand, you have to fix the name of the roll button in the HTML per the above. But once you do, for a selected token, you can roll damage for the first power or attack with: %@{selected|repeating_attacks_$0_roll_damage} The Ability likewise works with: %@{selected|repeating_attacks_$0_roll_damage} %{repeating_attacks_$0_roll_damage} For the second power or attack, substitute $1 for $0. For the third $2 for $0, and so on. Update: Possibilities and Ups don't seem to work using this method. So, again, this post is probably best disregarded by posterity. (Edited)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The %@ isnt valid syntax, so I'm not sure why thats working. 
GiGs can we get Weapons "Damage Notes" below the damage roll template, just like "Attack Notes" prints below the attack?
GiGs said: The %@ isnt valid syntax, so I'm not sure why thats working.  It looks to me like it is just substituting the sheet attribute that is created when you name a roll button "attr_whatever". I thought that was why it was there to begin with, but I could be way off.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Matt, I'm starting to look at those characters properly, and while I havent started on the melee issue yet (which is a real issue), the armour looks like it has converted properly. Both of your characters that converted with 0 armour have empty values in the original armor adds, dex, and fatigue boxes. Sheet workers cant delete attributes, and my sheet workers only read their values. You can't alter an attribute's values without specifically writing code to affect that attribute, and none of my code alters their values. So they must have been zero in the original sheets. Do you have the original untouched campaign to check this? Its weird that they have axiom values, but no other values.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
TiaMaster said: GiGs can we get Weapons "Damage Notes" below the damage roll template, just like "Attack Notes" prints below the attack? Oh yes, that'll be there - thats why i added it, hehe. Thanks for reminding me. I'll be making the attack notes match the style of the rest of the template too.
GiGs said: Matt, I'm starting to look at those characters properly, and while I havent started on the melee issue yet (which is a real issue), the armour looks like it has converted properly. Both of your characters that converted with 0 armour have empty values in the original armor adds, dex, and fatigue boxes. Sheet workers cant delete attributes, and my sheet workers only read their values. You can't alter an attribute's values without specifically writing code to affect that attribute, and none of my code alters their values. So they must have been zero in the original sheets. Do you have the original untouched campaign to check this? Its weird that they have axiom values, but no other values. I can't go back to a copy of the original because I foolishly didn't copy it before I added the code. My bad. But I did check with some characters that had armor values originally. And after they are first opened/closed, their armor adds DO update. I think it is likely I didn't have any armor adds for those characters in the first place, as you are saying. Sorry about the wild goose chase.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
GM Matt said: GiGs said: The %@ isnt valid syntax, so I'm not sure why thats working.  It looks to me like it is just substituting the sheet attribute that is created when you name a roll button "attr_whatever". I thought that was why it was there to begin with, but I could be way off. Roll buttons and attributes arent the same things. Roll buttons need to start with "roll_" something, not "attr_" something. I do have a few attribute names named like "attr_rollName" but they arent roll buttons, they are attributes. You may have stumbled across a roll20 glitch - an unintended behaviour that still works. There are a few of them.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
GM Matt said: I can't go back to a copy of the original because I foolishly didn't copy it before I added the code.  Hehe, always copy a campaign before making major changes to it. Roll20 is occasionally glitchy enough that this is something everyone should do. Though as a pro user, you should be able to roll back the campaign a few days, if there's any doubt, to check. Assuming the rollback works-  in my experience, that's not guaranteed!

Edited 1584306305
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've found and fixed the melee weapon name issue. Thanks for finding that oversight, Matt.  I updated the gist code linked earlier. It was just a one line fix.
GiGs said ... I'll be making the attack notes match the style of the rest of the template too. Oh. Well I'm not playing until that happens.
GiGs said: Roll buttons and attributes arent the same things. Roll buttons need to start with "roll_" something, not "attr_" something. I do have a few attribute names named like "attr_rollName" but they arent roll buttons, they are attributes. You may have stumbled across a roll20 glitch - an unintended behaviour that still works. There are a few of them. After testing this quite a bit, here are some notes on what is happening with my macro calls. This appears to apply to all skills and to attack repeating sections. The following... %{selected|rollintimidate} ...does not work, but... %@{selected|rollintimidate} ...does work. As indicated above, I suspect this is because the contents of the attribute @{selected|rollintimidate} are being inserted by R20 after the "%" so it is just mimicking what would happen if you clicked on the roll in the character sheet. However, even though I can get it working using the @ glitch, if I then try to click the Possibility or Up button, I get an error: "no ability was found for %{selected|rollintimidate}. Possibly this entry from the wiki is relevant, as you are using <input> rather than <button>, to trigger those rolls on the sheet, but I'm not sure? To define a roll button, use the <button> tag. The type -attribute is set to "roll". The roll itself is defined in the value -attribute. You can also add a name attribute which allows the roll to be referenced in external Macros, Abilities or the Chat. The name needs to have the roll_ -prefix to work. Example of a "Bluff check" roll button: < button type = "roll" value = "/roll 1d20 + @{Bluff}" name = "roll_BluffCheck" > < /button > Referencing attributes/fields on the sheet is done with the @{AttributeName} syntax. You could also then roll that example in other Macros or Abilities using %{BoB|BluffCheck} . Note: The names you give your roll buttons must be unique from any Ability or other roll button on your characters, if you want to reference them in Abilities or Macros. If a character sheet have several roll buttons with identical names but different values, calling the roll button name will prompt the last entry in the sheet's HTML. In any event, I don't view this as a critical issue to resolve before you put in the first pull request. Accessing sheet rolls is a nice convenience, but it isn't necessary.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thats good detective work. The reason the Up/Possibility rolls dont work, but do from the sheet, is roll20 does something behind the scenes when you click a button inside a repeating section. The full name of each button includes an id for the row it is on. When you click a button, roll20 gets the row id and inserts it into any matching repeating section names (like those needed for the up and possibility buttons). When you run a separate macro, it isnt being launched from inside the repeating section, so roll20 has no way to know which row is being referenced, and the up and possibility buttons dont get the row id. It looks like there's no way aorund this - you need to use the full ID and proper % syntax for the roll button. I misremembered the name earlier, It would look like this: %{Primitive Human|repeating_attacks_ -M2Uyqto2tj1LPOAPer9 _Attack} With the  -M2Uyqto2tj1LPOAPer9  being the row id, that will obviously be different on your sheets. I could add a way to expose this code (or just the row id) easily, for people to build their macros.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Since I wrote a chat menu script a while back, I may add a similar feature to this sheet (though not in the first version) that prints out a chat menu of all attacks, or all powers matching a specific filter, for quick access to the attacks. Pro users should be able to use that or Scott's equivalent script Menu Maker until then!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
TiaMaster said: GiGs said ... I'll be making the attack notes match the style of the rest of the template too. Oh. Well I'm not playing until that happens. Better hope I dont take too long then!
GiGs said: Pauly da Leg-breaka said: GiGs, is there a way for you to set anything in the individual armor's that do not stack with others? There's a Worn (W) checkbox. Uncheck ones you dont want to count. Is that what you need? My bad, I had forgotten you said you were putting that in. GiGs said: I cant make it to the wiki either. Immediately after posting that, it stopped loading. I'm still not able to get to it at 18:07 Central Time on 3/15/20. NEW BUSINESS: I know you have a LOT on your plate, and I may be late to the party, so NONE of what I'm about to write is important, right this minute. One of the things my Players and I had a real problem with, last night, and I'm uncertain there's anything that can be done about it, is a Favored skill roll in a Multi-Action.  This might be a Multi-Action rules issue to explore, but I do recall part of our discussion in this thread had been about how to delineate Unskilled use within a Mutli-Action, and the rule that came up was that all actions within the Multi-Action would be considered Unskilled, re-roll only on 10s.  I don't necessarily agree with that rule, but it's practicable.  If a skill is Favored but is being used within a Multi-Action where other skills/abilities/powers were NOT Favored, is the Multi-Action, like the Unskilled, also considered to be NOT Favored? I don't remember whether we said all of that was to be taken care of by the GM and Players, or if you (GiGs) were going to build in a means of handling those?  However, I have a suggestion if you're not able to develop those means (you have likely already thought of this, but)... will there be a place on the sheet where we can just roll a Torg D20, independent of skills/abilities/powers that will allow us to generate a Bonus Number and then we at the table can figure out the rest?  If that could be done for Multi-Actions, may we also have a check box or independent button each for Unskilled, Favored, and Disfavored rolls? Am I digging too deeply in the wrong hole? Thank you for reading and I hope I've not put you off-track from other, more important things, you're doing.

Edited 1584318798
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pauly da Leg-breaka said: However, I have a suggestion if you're not able to develop those means (you have likely already thought of this, but)... will there be a place on the sheet where we can just roll a Torg D20, independent of skills/abilities/powers that will allow us to generate a Bonus Number and then we at the table can figure out the rest?  If that could be done for Multi-Actions, may we also have a check box or independent button each for Unskilled, Favored, and Disfavored rolls? That's a good idea, actually. Thats what the Multi-Action roll was meant to be, before I realised modifiers and status effects could be applied to it. I'll think about how best to implement that.* (see addendum) On the topic of favoured + Multi-actions, My interpretation of the multi-skill rules, with the way they work with unskilled, would be that if any skills in the roll or not Favoured, then no skills in the roll are favoured. The whole point of the "if any skill is Unskilled, all are" rule is to apply one rule for all, so that the roll is kept as simple as possible. Remember, you can get Ups, Possibilities, and other bonuses on multiple actions at once, so losing the Favoured benefit on one of them isnt too bad. If you really want the favoured benefit, you have to roll just using that skill. Even if that were not so, though, it wouldnt really be possible to handle multiple different situations on a single roll in roll20 - thats a limitation of the dice system. No conditional logic is allowed. Addendum: though you can actually use the multi-action button that way, already. Just dont enter a modifier, and pick the skill type, and thats what you get. Yes, it includes status modifiers, but you'd have to apply those anyway. Wouldnt that do what you need?

Edited 1584321501
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pauly da Leg-breaka said: GiGs said: I cant make it to the wiki either. Immediately after posting that, it stopped loading. I'm still not able to get to it at 18:07 Central Time on 3/15/20. I found that the direct link always times out, but if you got to the wiki's home page,&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/</a> , and enter torg eternity in the search bar, it'll give you the link. It seems to be a fault with the wiki. Edit: &nbsp;weirdly the link from the old post timed out, but I repl;aced it with the exact same text and it started working again:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Torg_Eternity_Community_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Torg_Eternity_Community_Sheet</a> Maybe it was something to do with that post.

Edited 1584322133
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The link in your post from above didn't use https.&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="http://wiki.roll20.net/Torg_Eternity_Community_Sheet" rel="nofollow">http://wiki.roll20.net/Torg_Eternity_Community_Sheet</a>
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah, weird since I copied it from the link I actually used to reach the site, so that would explain why it doesnt work now. It just doesnt explain why it worked before! (maybe something to do with the service failures, it was the day everything was failing.)
GiGs said: That's a good idea, actually. Thats what the Multi-Action roll was meant to be, before I realised modifiers and status effects could be applied to it. I'll think about how best to implement that.*&nbsp; Though you can actually use the multi-action button that way, already. Just dont enter a modifier, and pick the skill type, and thats what you get. Yes, it includes status modifiers, but you'd have to apply those anyway. Wouldnt that do what you need? Are we required to pick a skill type for a multi-action?&nbsp; Except for that, yes, I think that will do what is needed for Multi-Actions. GiGs said: Edit: &nbsp;weirdly the link from the old post timed out, but I repl;aced it with the exact same text and it started working again:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Torg_Eternity_Community_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Torg_Eternity_Community_Sheet</a> That page looks outstanding.&nbsp; You have a real eye for attention to detail, and that's something I appreciate a great deal.

Edited 1584325471
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pauly da Leg-breaka said: GiGs said: That's a good idea, actually. Thats what the Multi-Action roll was meant to be, before I realised modifiers and status effects could be applied to it. I'll think about how best to implement that.*&nbsp; Though you can actually use the multi-action button that way, already. Just dont enter a modifier, and pick the skill type, and thats what you get. Yes, it includes status modifiers, but you'd have to apply those anyway. Wouldnt that do what you need? Are we required to pick a skill type for a multi-action?&nbsp; Except for that, yes, I think that will do what is needed for Multi-Actions. GiGs said: Edit: &nbsp;weirdly the link from the old post timed out, but I repl;aced it with the exact same text and it started working again:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Torg_Eternity_Community_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Torg_Eternity_Community_Sheet</a> That page looks outstanding.&nbsp; You have a real eye for attention to detail, and that's something I appreciate a great deal. Thanks! And yes, multi-action prompts you for skill type - Skilled, Unskilled, Disfavoured. As it happens, that's the only place on the sheet you can choose disfavoured at the moment. I have the code setup to handle it, but I need to create the html to assign it to specific skills. That wont likely make it into the first version, but the foundation is set up for adding it later.

Edited 1584331033
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think I only have one thing left to do (tweaking the damage template, including a button to replace the old coup de grace button) for the first version of the new sheet. People can still vault in characters to the campaign and report errors - it looks to me like everything's working properly now, but maybe more people testing will expose errors. With this in mind I've submitted a commit to the roll20 repository, which will update the existing sheet with an announcement that sheet is coming. Then next weekend or the week after (depending on how more character importing testing goes), I'll submit the new sheet to the repository. There are other features to add, and other tabs to complete, but this will get the first tab complete, which is everything you need to play the game.
And yes, multi-action prompts you for skill type - Skilled, Unskilled, Disfavoured. As it happens, that's the only place on the sheet you can choose disfavoured at the moment. I have the code setup to handle it, but I need to create the html to assign it to specific skills. That wont likely make it into the first version, but the foundation is set up for adding it later. Okay, understood about Skilled, Unskilled, Disfavored. 1) Could Skilled be the default value? 2) Have you figured out how to handled Favored, yet? GiGs said: There are other features to add, and other tabs to complete, but this will get the first tab complete, which is everything you need to play the game. I most assuredly look forward to those other tabs, but after next weekend I think you will most assuredly have earned a short reprieve, hehe.&nbsp; This is one heck of a lot of work to have had done. I do have one further question, however, and it requires some explanation... before the tabs were restored in the current sheet, there had been some text-image buttons for Character, Equipment, Perks, and Powers.&nbsp; I don't know why the previous text-image buttons disappeared, unless they had been hosted on another web site that had shut down, but thus comes my question... You've put the images together for this sheet, to give it that authenticity.&nbsp; Where do you intend to store those images so they won't be going away?

Edited 1584334933
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pauly da Leg-breaka asked some questions... 1) Skilled is indeed the default. 2) Favoured: i dont think there's anything the sheet needs to support favoured. Here's how Favoured works: Favoured only allows people to reroll the first die, but if they roll a 10 or 20, they are never going to discard that and reroll it for something else. If they get a reroll on the second roll, they keep it.&nbsp; So to use Favoured with the sheet, all you need to do is announce you are using it, and click to roll again. What more needs to be done? 3) Images: I dont know what images you are referring to. I dont see any in the old sheet. Do you have a screenshot?
GiGs said: 2) Favoured: i dont think there's anything the sheet needs to support favoured. Here's how Favoured works: Favoured only allows people to reroll the first die, but if they roll a 10 or 20, they are never going to discard that and reroll it for something else. If they get a reroll on the second roll, they keep it.&nbsp; So to use Favoured with the sheet, all you need to do is announce you are using it, and click to roll again. What more needs to be done? 3) Images: I dont know what images you are referring to. I dont see any in the old sheet. Do you have a screenshot? Okay, let's catch up with this morning, first... there's finally an answer for whether Active Defense is subject to any statuses, and it is not... <a href="http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?p=246914&amp;sid=57a0a7ef568bc1144351b78d3c75568a#p246914" rel="nofollow">http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?p=246914&amp;sid=57a0a7ef568bc1144351b78d3c75568a#p246914</a> Second, favored... page 109, "Immediately after rolling the first die of a test - and assuming it's not a Mishap - you may discard that result and roll again, but must accept the new result." Okay, this one is my problem... the way favored is RAW is seriously bork'd, as far as I'm concerned; completely useless.&nbsp; I'm considering removing favored conditions from my game altogether.&nbsp; The way I've been doing it is different, for certain.&nbsp; Don't worry about it from me from here out. Third, I do NOT have a screen shot.&nbsp; All I can tell you is there were four buttons at the top that were images across the top of the sheet, and then they disappeared, leaving only radio buttons at the top for a long time, and then someone came in and put four new images in place of the radio buttons, most likely before you started on the updated sheet.&nbsp; The updated sheet has a crap-ton of images for sheet background and buttons, especially the four custom image-buttons across the top, unless you have some means of showing those background images without them being actual images?&nbsp; I've built enough web pages to know how the system works, so unless I'm missing something the beautiful images behind the tables have to be hosted online somewhere, right?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I don't understand what's wrong with favoured. It gives you a chance at avoiding a bad roll, but you don't use it on every roll. Statistically, over time this is a powerful advantage, just don't get greedy when to use it unless you are really desperate. How do you use it? Regarding the images... That was before I saw the sheet. It sounds like the images must have been hosted elsewhere, and then were taken down so an alternative had to be found. There's no way for me to restore them with having the actual files. I'd be open to replacing the various headings with suitable images if I had them. And yes I am using images for my tabs, but someone more skilled with CSS could probably do that purely in CSS. If it's a geometric shape, no matter how complex, it can be done in CSS. That's good news about active defence, thanks for the update.
The Radio Buttons in place of the images are what appears when you use FIrefox to view the sheet. Is that maybe what happened?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
TiaMaster said: The Radio Buttons in place of the images are what appears when you use FIrefox to view the sheet. Is that maybe what happened? As it happens, the last change I made last night was to fix some firefox display issues (mainly the settings toggle). I wasnt aware there was an issue with the tabs? Even tole old sheet has been displaying for me fine. Are there still issues? I just updated the community sheet campaign.
GiGs said: I don't understand what's wrong with favoured. It gives you a chance at avoiding a bad roll, but you don't use it on every roll. Statistically, over time this is a powerful advantage, just don't get greedy when to use it unless you are really desperate. How do you use it? Regarding the images... That was before I saw the sheet. It sounds like the images must have been hosted elsewhere, and then were taken down so an alternative had to be found. There's no way for me to restore them with having the actual files. I'd be open to replacing the various headings with suitable images if I had them. And yes I am using images for my tabs, but someone more skilled with CSS could probably do that purely in CSS. If it's a geometric shape, no matter how complex, it can be done in CSS. Favored rolls are used in other games.&nbsp; With some they simply add a bonus, others allow you to roll the "main" die twice and take the best of the two, while others allow a complete re-roll.&nbsp; Torg Eternity is the only game I've seen -and bear in mind I've not seen every single RPG ever made- that makes it so you take the replacement roll, if you decide to make it, whether it's better or worse.&nbsp; Every other mechanic in the game that can be used to follow up and improve an action or a roll does so once you realize whether the roll needs it, or not.&nbsp; Favored is similar, but you have a high-probability chance that you're going to roll worse.&nbsp; As for how I use it, I'm still not entirely sure, yet, but it's gotta be more sure than the RAW.&nbsp; What I have tried, thus far, is best of two rolls, re-rolling as normal, but I'm finding that to be too powerful and still uncertain. I'm thinking next I would like to try it the way The One Ring does things... a Player deciding to use the favor on a skill would gain a bonus equal to, or one-half of, I haven't decided, yet, the attribute controlling the skill at the time of use, for the cost of something, such as two Shock. I'm not asking you to put the old images back in, not at all, my concern was just with what happens if the images you use are hosted elsewhere and, once you're done with Torg and decide to go your own way, would they be lost? TiaMaster said: The Radio Buttons in place of the images are what appears when you use FIrefox to view the sheet. Is that maybe what happened? No, because I use Firefox all the time and I was able to use the sheet, with those header images, for about two months before everything switched to radio buttons, and I can see the updated sheet's header images.&nbsp; Unless Mozilla wrote in, or out, code that allowed me to see the original images, and then not GiGs said: I wasnt aware there was an issue with the tabs? Even tole old sheet has been displaying for me fine. Are there still issues? There aren't any problems with the tabs on the present sheet, at least not in Firefox, anymore.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pauly da Leg-breaka said: GiGs said: I don't understand what's wrong with favoured. It gives you a chance at avoiding a bad roll, but you don't use it on every roll. Statistically, over time this is a powerful advantage, just don't get greedy when to use it unless you are really desperate. How do you use it? Regarding the images... That was before I saw the sheet. It sounds like the images must have been hosted elsewhere, and then were taken down so an alternative had to be found. There's no way for me to restore them with having the actual files. I'd be open to replacing the various headings with suitable images if I had them. And yes I am using images for my tabs, but someone more skilled with CSS could probably do that purely in CSS. If it's a geometric shape, no matter how complex, it can be done in CSS. Favored rolls are used in other games.&nbsp; With some they simply add a bonus, others allow you to roll the "main" die twice and take the best of the two, while others allow a complete re-roll.&nbsp; Torg Eternity is the only game I've seen -and bear in mind I've not seen every single RPG ever made- that makes it so you take the replacement roll, if you decide to make it, whether it's better or worse.&nbsp; Every other mechanic in the game that can be used to follow up and improve an action or a roll does so once you realize whether the roll needs it, or not.&nbsp; Favored is similar, but you have a high-probability chance that you're going to roll worse.&nbsp; As for how I use it, I'm still not entirely sure, yet, but it's gotta be more sure than the RAW.&nbsp; What I have tried, thus far, is best of two rolls, re-rolling as normal, but I'm finding that to be too powerful and still uncertain. Torg isnt the first to use this mechanic. They have been other games that allow you to choose whether to make a reroll afterwards (like fate, 3:16, and many others but I'm sleepy so cant remember them off the top of my head).&nbsp; You only have a high probabilility that you are going to roll worse if you choose to reroll a high die - which you should not do. If you roll a 2 or or a 5, you should reroll it (if you care about the result). If you roll a 17, you really shouldn't. When you're in the middle, like an 8-12, it's a risk, so you probably shouldnt do it - unless you're desperate and in a real gambling mood. You could argue its a bad mechanic because players have a tendency to reroll when they really shouldnt and then grumble when it goes bad for them. And that's a genuine and reasonable criticism. So if some GMs want to house rule it away it's not a bad idea, but if they do that, they also should introduce a limit on how often it can be used. Right now its balanced because around half the time (maybe more, even), its a bad idea to use it. If you make it more advantageous, you have to look at just how many things give you favoured, and think about restricting them to avoid it becoming too good. Or reduce the benefit significantly. I might just give a flat +1 bonus, or tell players they have to choose a narrower focus to be favoured in, and give a +2 bonus. If i was looking to change the system, which I'm not. I'm thinking next I would like to try it the way The One Ring does things... a Player deciding to use the favor on a skill would gain a bonus equal to, or one-half of, I haven't decided, yet, the attribute controlling the skill at the time of use, for the cost of something, such as two Shock. Another thing to consider is that this is a system that already has Possibilities and Destiny Cards, so flat bonuses can be gained whenever players want them really. The favoured system works differently, and so is distinctive - it feels really good when it pays off, but is still reasonably balanced, and doesnt step on the toes of other game system features.&nbsp;
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pauly da Leg-breaka said: I'm not asking you to put the old images back in, not at all, my concern was just with what happens if the images you use are hosted elsewhere and, once you're done with Torg and decide to go your own way, would they be lost? Your concern is justified. The images in my sheet are right now on imgur (but i have local copies) and there's always the risk that externally hosted images will be taken down. Once the sheet is committed, those images will be moved to the github repository (as should be standard practice), so they'll be safe from then on.
Not to rush you, but when should we post feedback regarding converting existing characters, rather than imported characters?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can post now, is there an issue with existing characters?

Edited 1584397760
LOL...no. Well, heres the thing. I lost my notes on that, so now I hafta go back and look at my sheets again. I do know that even with updated code, Melee Weapons isn't translating still, and Damage Notes still doesnt print out.&nbsp; Do you think you could make Ammo under Weapons directly editable? Theres nowhere else to track it really. Wondering if its possible to have thew size of all re sizable text boxes remember the size from one opening to the next. Nitpick: Can you make the Axioms for Equipment center the text like all the rest of them? Cannot figure out why clicking Derived Ratings does nothing on some of my characters. EDIT: Its because the Announcement was still open. Also I have this number in a box at the top of all my characters:
Which Attributes are Possibilities, Shock, and Wounds?&nbsp; I GUESS the other sheets I used all still have their attributes in the list which is very annoying.

Edited 1584398331
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That number at the top will go away, Thats for my testing, and i forgot to remove it - you must have got to the sheet very quickly, because i fixed that within minutes, lol. Refresh the campaign and it'll go away. The damage template hasnt been touched yet, it's still exactly the same as the original sheet, Thats the last thing I want to do and will be done some time this week. Resizable text boxes: sadly thats not possible. Axioms for Equipment: I was assuming people would enter an axiom type too, but i guess that's always going to be tech, so i can change that to a centered number field. Ammo: thats a good point. I wasnt really thinking of it as a number, more of a display that people might enter text in (like "6 shots" or "6 charges" etc). I'll do that. Melee Weapons: I'll have to check that, I thought it was fixed. But again, if I cant reproduce it, it makes it harder, so it would be helpful to vault affected characters into the public campaigm. Thanks for this, there are a few things to tweak.

Edited 1584398148
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
TiaMaster said: Which Attributes are Possibilities, Shock, and Wounds?&nbsp; I GUESS the other sheets I used all still have their attributes in the list which is very annoying. I dont understand the question? If you're referring to the old sheet attributes - sheet workers have no way to delete old attributes. The Attributes section on the Attributes and Abilities tab shouldnt be used if you're using a character sheet. It cant display all attributes anyway (repeating attributes dont appear there)

Edited 1584398445
GiGs said: I dont understand the question? If you're referring to the old sheet attributes - sheet workers have no way to delete old attributes. The Attributes section on the Attributes and Abilities tab shouldnt be used if you're using a character sheet. It cant display all attributes anyway (repeating attributes dont appear there) I'm trying to apply attributes to the bars. One of them is "shock" and that is working.&nbsp; "wnd" and "possib" are NOT working, so I changed them to "wound" and "possibilities". Are those right?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
thats right, i changed those names to make it easier for people new to the sheet to guess them, They are called shock , wound , and possibilities , but i guess you have figured that out now. (I'll be adding this info to the wiki, in the bit about macros and tokens.)

Edited 1584399929
GiGs said: Axioms for Equipment: I was assuming people would enter an axiom type too, but i guess that's always going to be tech, so i can change that to a centered number field. Thats NOT always gonna be Tech, so if you have to change that to make it centered, please don't.&nbsp; I still would like to use it for magic i.e. "m13" for enchanted items and things.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
TiaMaster said: I do know that even with updated code, Melee Weapons isn't translating still, and Damage Notes still doesnt print out.&nbsp; By the way, is this on characters that were updated before I submitted the fix? Characters who have been updated once wont be updated again - they are stuck with whatever values the first update gave them. This is why I recommended to use the sheet only for new characters, till the update got sorted out.&nbsp; If its happening&nbsp;on a character since the fix, then I need to look at it, and you should vault in a copy of that character (pre- or post-update is fine).
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In other developments, I think I've solved the weird issue that things didnt update until you closed the sheet and reopen. So that might not be necessary.

Edited 1584445712
This sheet is marvelous! But could you use the american spelling for Defense like in the rulebooks? You are using it for Armor already anyway...
There's some small graphical glitches in Firefox: "Clearance Level" using two lines makes the Axioms look ugly. My other browsers don't do that

Edited 1584473563
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Regarding american spelling: yes, I'l switch that. It's just habit I wrote it in british english. Firefox looks fine to me - is anyone else seeing that? I just opened your character in firefox and this is what I see: Are you running any extensions that fiddle with CSS, like Stylish, VTT ES, greasemonkey, and so on? Try switching off all extensions and see if it changes. Is anyone else seeing it look cramped?
My Firefox - Community Sheet game.

Edited 1584478786
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So its likely an extension or something is fiddling with spacing. But Marcus, you're the second person to have reported an issue like that, there'll probably be others/. In the community game, I've changed the heading from Clearance Level to Clearance, see if that makes a difference? If it doesnt fully do the job, it gives me a bit more room to expand the left side (where it says axioms: magic)