Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Torg Eternity] Sheet redesign thread

Here is the specific text: As Good, but instead the bearer rolls two dice instead of one, and takes the highest (after resolving any re-rolls due to rolling a 10 or 20). The spell ends if the test is failed.
Salvador M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
Since it takes the highest after exploding that should be doable with the grouped rolls. Don't remember the exact syntax of the top of my head but something like {d20,d20}kh. Put all the explody stuff on each of the d20s, of course, and then put that whole thing in instead of the normal roll.
I'll look into that, thanks! I've never done roll20 macros but I know people who have. :-)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Salvador M. said: Since it takes the highest after exploding that should be doable with the grouped rolls. Don't remember the exact syntax of the top of my head but something like {d20,d20}kh. Put all the explody stuff on each of the d20s, of course, and then put that whole thing in instead of the normal roll. It just occurred to me there's a problem with this approach on rollups. The die mechanic uses both exploding dice methods (to be able to handle the roll up on 10 and 20 on the same roll): 1d20!10!!20 With these approaches, if you roll a 10, you get anther d20 roll, which is added onto the total. But for group rolls, that will be treated as a completely separate roll. So lets say you make your roll twice, and get 7 and 10. The 10 gets  reroll, which is 13. This should be then treated as two rolls: a roll of 7, and a roll of 23, and show the total as 23. But the group roll system will actually treat it as as three rolls: 7, 10, and 13, and show the final total as 13. There's no way around this problem without an API Script to make the rolls instead (which requires the GM to have a Pro subscription, and someone to write the script!). To be clear this is a problem only when one of the dice rolls a 10, but since you are rolling 2 dice, that's almost 10% of rolls, so it will not be rare.
Ah, well. Looks like the GMs will just have to deal with checking both of my rolls all the time! Don't worry, I won't let them shaft me. :-) Thanks for the detailed investigation on the matter.
You could still make it an in-line macro to take up less space if that's the biggest concern.
Salvador M.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
Tested it, you're right it treats the explosions as separate rolls of you only put one roll in the group, but it looks like it does what we want of you list the roll out twice. (Example with stupid explosion because I didn't want to keep clicking hunting for a ten)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
you're right! It looks like the die roller is smart enough to keep the explded dice rolls together.

Edited 1611554085
Interesting! What the heck is this though? Does roll20 collapse all the exploding rerolls? I'm used to getting a tooltip showing the breakdown but this doesn't show one. Also why is the expression not d20!!10!!20, with a double !! marker? A single ! only rerolls once according to the online help, but if I do both as !! it doesn't even work.

Edited 1611554460
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
!! does collapse all the rolls into just one. !10 rerolls and if every subsequent die is also a ten it rolls that as well. So if you roll 10, then 10, then 10, then 7 that would should up as all 4 dice, with a total 37. The !!20 method works differently because it only displays one die. If you roll 20 then 20, then 7, it will show a single die with a value of 47. In your case your d20 rolled a 10, which explodes and creates another roll, and that rolled a 20 then a 12, and since the 20 collapses rolls into one, you got a single die showing a value of 32. There are situations where the !10 will have the rerolls as separate dice. Like if you roll /roll 3d10!10>7  this will roll 3 d10, check if any are 10s, and and roll those into the pool and check them each against a target of 7. So if your rolled 7, 10, 5 you would get  successes, and 1 extra die. if that extra die rolled 10, 7, you would get an extra 2 successes, but if the extra die rolled 3, you would get no extra sucesses buut you'd see dice output of 7, 10, 3, 5 (in that order I believe). If you tried that with the !! method: /roll 3d10!!10>7  you would never get any extra dice. If you rolled 7, 10, 5, and the exploding 10 rolled 10, then 7, it would be displayed as 7, 27, 5, and you'd get 2 successes. So each of these two exploding dice operators works differently. However  you cannot use the same operator twice like this: /roll 1d20!!10!!20 /roll 1d20!10!20 If you try you'll just get an error. The torg sheet uses both operators (!10!!20) because its the only way to get a die to explode on both 10 and 20.  We are lucky that roll20 provides these two different exploding methods, because without them both it would be impossible to do torg dice rolls.
Yeah, while that's crap design on roll20's part that you can't repeat a ! operator, it's a lucky break for us that they have two distinct ones that functionally give the same outcome! (I wasn't getting any error messages, roll20 was just eating the expression and giving me no response at all, hence my confusion.)
Hi Team, Again thank you so much for all of your work here, much appreciated. Has Ulisses commented at all regarding hiring you and/or officially supporting Roll20? Will there be a day when we can purchase the sourcebooks & adventure modules in Roll20 like other systems?

Edited 1612460788
Ken B. said: Hi Team, Again thank you so much for all of your work here, much appreciated. Has Ulisses commented at all regarding hiring you and/or officially supporting Roll20? Will there be a day when we can purchase the sourcebooks & adventure modules in Roll20 like other systems? Ditto this guy
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
It's best you contact the publisher and ask them directly. And if enough people is in touch with them, things might change, if they aren't already planning something.
They confirmed something was in the works for both Roll20 and Foundry on their news stream today but didn't have any details or anything. Ken B. said: Will there be a day when we can purchase the sourcebooks & adventure modules in Roll20 like other systems?
Hi Team, in Germany, the first sets of rules are now being distributed in German. However, the translation of the sheet is only partially or incorrectly implemented. is it possible to say when the translation will be completed? Or is there a way for me to rewrite that? Thank you
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This thread is just for the Torg Eternity Community Sheet, and has no connection to the publishers of the game. If you need help with anything else, you need to contact them directly.
GiGs, check your PMs, man.  Your name has come up enough -in very positive light- on Discord about this sheet on Roll 20.  I KNOW Ulisses Spiele is breaking into the VTT market, so you could actually get something out of all this work you've been doing... look at your PMs and/or contact them.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pauly, I havent got any PMs that I can see, and dont know how to find anything on discord. Is there a way to directly link what you're referring to?
I'm afraid not.  The system the guys and I are working for Foundry is closed off.  Trust me when I tell you to read my previous post, that you've been spoken of in a very positive light.
Hi GiG. Great Character sheet. Without it, Torg would be much harder to play. But it keeps mixing up english and german expressions. Is there any way for a user to edit the database? I would gladly do that.
Hi GiG- my name is Jan and I am heading the Ulisses Digital Department. I would love to talk about Torg sheets for Roll20 and setting up a compendium for Torg. Could you reach out to me via discord at primetide#5170?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FraZ said: Hi GiG. Great Character sheet. Without it, Torg would be much harder to play. But it keeps mixing up english and german expressions. Is there any way for a user to edit the database? I would gladly do that. Is the issue that there are specific areas that are always in English? If so, I may have missed a few things that need translating and if you can point them out, I'll get them fixed. If the same words switch between languages, that's not something I can fix, but if you can provide details I'll raise a bug report.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ulisses Staging said: Hi GiG- my name is Jan and I am heading the Ulisses Digital Department. I would love to talk about Torg sheets for Roll20 and setting up a compendium for Torg. Could you reach out to me via discord at primetide#5170? Hi Jan. I have sent you a friend request (my name there also starts Gigs).
There are a lot of english words still in the german sheet. I will make a list, but since I will be GMing tomorrow and playing on Friday, I will only come around doing this at the weekend. Thank you for the quick response, since it is an issue for many german players
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FraZ said: There are a lot of english words still in the german sheet. I will make a list, but since I will be GMing tomorrow and playing on Friday, I will only come around doing this at the weekend. Thank you for the quick response, since it is an issue for many german players Reading back, I think I misunderstood Harry earlier and he was referring to the same issue. A list will be very handy, whenever its convenient. 
Told ya, GiGs, hehe.  Good deal, man.  You've done such excellent work with the sheet on Roll 20, so much work, and you've earned something for all of that work.

Edited 1617147070
HI I am new to using Roll20 for TORG E. I am very impressed with the Roll20 character sheet. One thing we noticed in our first game is the bonus dice on a "6" has 6 damage but should be a 5. I am not sure if this has been covered in another post. Thankyou very much for the effort you have put into the character sheet. Would be great if Ulisses could have a compendium for Roll20 especially with all the Perks that are now scattered over the TORG books. Have Fun and Take Care  Terry
Terry H. said: HI I am new to using Roll20 for TORG E. I am very impressed with the Roll20 character sheet. One thing we noticed in our first game is the bonus dice on a "6" has 6 damage but should be a 5. I am not sure if this has been covered in another post. Thankyou very much for the effort you have put into the character sheet. Would be great if Ulisses could have a compendium for Roll20 especially with all the Perks that are now scattered over the TORG books. Have Fun and Take Care  Terry Hi Terry, welcome to TORG. I know this looks wrong but the Bonus Dice are implemented correctly. They just subtract 1 from the exploding die instead of the base die, but mathemattically you get the same result.
Hi everyone, when I opened roll20 today, the character sheet suddenly looked unsorted. I don't think there was a new version. could it be somehow due to my computer or did someone of you already have the same error? I also tested a different browser but the result was the same ... Thank you
It isn't just you. The character sheet's tabs are not working correctly since at least 29 March.
Hi Markus Thanks for the info on the Dice roller for TORG Bonus Damage Dice I will double check it. BTW I also have been having a problem with the character sheet tabs. Thanks Terry
I'm wondering if the Roll 20 crew, since they like to not only implement changes in the wild, but also test them in the wild, have done so, again, and it messed things up?
I checked github and was quite afraid that my changes got pulled in but gladly I did not send the PR on github so I think we are experiencing problems due to the changes of the Roll20 system. I will look into it and try to fix the problems but can't promise anything. I hope I will know more in 2 or 3 days.
GiGs said: FraZ said: There are a lot of english words still in the german sheet. I will make a list, but since I will be GMing tomorrow and playing on Friday, I will only come around doing this at the weekend. Thank you for the quick response, since it is an issue for many german players Reading back, I think I misunderstood Harry earlier and he was referring to the same issue. A list will be very handy, whenever its convenient.  Hi. I used crowdid to push German translations. They worked fine. But since February the automated checks on github are failing for the Torg Sheet.

Edited 1617341790
GM Matt
Sheet Author
Hey all- I am not the current manager of the sheet. However, I was asked if I could look into the tab navigation issue on the sheet earlier today and just spent a couple of hours on it. It turns out that the issue relates to a Roll20 bug that is sanitizing the first CSS ruleset after a Google font import (see <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9948381/alien-rpg-charactersheet-background" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9948381/alien-rpg-charactersheet-background</a> ). The bug has already been reported. There has been no official response from Roll20 yet, at least as far as I can identify. However, I am guessing they will prioritize this since it is having some adverse system-wide effects. In the meantime, if you have a pro account, you can resolve the issue by running Torg Eternity as custom code and modifying the CSS. Just add the following immediately after the first line (which contains a Google font import): .buffer { color: black; } Technically, you could add any CSS rule that you want, since it will be ignored, but I recommend one that probably won't break anything, even after the issue is resolved.
Ahh, the upgrade is here! Thank you so much! The bug has been fixed! But, i'm afraid a small error has crept into the template now. The "Note" section is no longer correctly defined and is displayed incorrectly or twice.